Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Okay, some begrudging points to Chad for arranging a family dinner for Abigail and the Devereaux fam versus a romantic dinner just the two of them.  A family dinner Abigail did her best to ruin.  This bitch.  I get that she feels betrayed, but she seemed to be saying they had better not question her behavior ever again.  Listen, lady, Gabi may have been framing you before, but you still have a mental illness you haven't been recovered from for A FULL YEAR YET and the only treatment you got was A VACAY WITH GRANDMA and you are responsible for two small children, I don't think it's that outrageous for Jennifer and JJ to keep an eye on how you're acting.  That's what families do.  If your mom or your brother can't call you on your crap, who can!  UGH!

1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

Hey, Abigail, good for you for pushing your family away.  Pretty soon there will be nobody in town putting up with your crap.

Yes, even when they are not trying to make Abigail look bad, KM's smugness has a way of doing that.  After trashing Jack because he showed up for money (and why should he want to spend an evening with a bunch of people who - as he pointed out - he doesn't know from Adam?) when Jack semi-kiddingly said maybe she should watch out for Chad she got on her very high horse and read him the riot act.  This after basically trashing Chad herself?  Schizophrenic much? 

• Love 5

Blockhead Brady barges in on Maggie, barking outrage at her about crap that, as usual, he doesn't understand, looming over her with those bulging eyes and red face - why the hell she didn't kick the big baboon right in the nuts is beyond me.  It's been a while since Brady has physically threatened an older woman so I guess he's getting back up to speed.  What an ass he is.

4 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

Yes, even when they are not trying to make Abigail look bad, KM's smugness has a way of doing that.  After trashing Jack because he showed up for money (and why should he want to spend an evening with a bunch of people who - as he pointed out - he doesn't know from Adam?) when Jack semi-kiddingly said maybe she should watch out for Chad she got on her very high horse and read him the riot act.  This after basically trashing Chad herself?  Schizophrenic much? 

This.  

Abigail always looks like she's walked into a room full of her own farts, always.  That prune mug of hers was on full display today as she browbeat, dismissed and sneered at her family like the emotional abuser she is.  If her mother and brother don't dance to her tune, don't automatically put her at the top of their concerns, don't beg her forgiveness and ask for her approval, she punishes them, withholds any affection, treats them with such contempt that it virtually drips off that viper tongue of hers.  

She seemed put out that she had to deal with Jack at all today, I guess since with his amnesia, he can't make her and her problems the center of the universe the way she expects.  It was astonishing how little she seemed to care about him, and the parting shot she took at him was pure Abigail.

Hell, 10 thousand bucks was cheap for him to have to spend time with Abigail.  After today, I'd be just fine if Gabi had a little "slip" and glued Abigail's lips shut.  

I guess Abigail rode her bike home.  

giphy.gif

Warning to Salem, keep all little dogs far away from her.

Excluding Abigail (if only we could), the dinner was good.  After the awkward start, I liked how Jack paid attention to JJ, really enjoyed him remembering the Shakespeare and I kinda sorta even liked him with Jen-Fil-A - (Congrats to whoever of you marvelous posters came up with that!)

So Victor is babysitting Parker?  I bet that kid knows how to sip good scotch and put out a mob hit by naptime.  All in all, not bad skills for a Salem toddler to grasp at an early age.....

Haley is Trask's sister??  Really??  Either Trask has been sleeping from the rafters in her attic upside down for the past 20 years, or Haley is the youngest 40 something I've seen, because those two don't look to be remotely of even adjoining sibling generations.

• Love 18

I thought Haley was Trask's daughter!

Stay away from JJ - yup, cuts in to the family's evil plans for Salem domination.

Trask, Abigail chose to not press charges against Gabi for their personal fight. Maybe she will want to run for Mayor or something.

I'd take the $10,000 to be forced to spend time with Abigail. Geez, such a shrew, She deserves Gabi 3,0. Smug, all about her. Her family has every right to be concerned about her mental health. It's only been a few months since Grandma rebuilt her. Maybe if her father gets his memory back, she won't get away with her garbage behavior. Hope she rode her broom home.

Hope Eric has in-suite laundry. A semi middle aged dude throwing food at a prospective girlfriend? And Rex comes back - now? Good for him for realizing that he shouldn't be caregiver to Holly. Let Chloe pass the kid on to her parents or Maggie or whomever.

Loved Jack spewing out his drink when someone mentioned that Eve wanted to marry him.

• Love 3

Billy Flynn doesn't need light at night, does he? His impressive eyes resembles those lighthouse lights which will disperse the darkness. 

I actually was disappointed (kidding) Sarah and Eric didn't up end up in a food fight. LG and GV might be friends offscreen but that doesn't translate into onscreen chemistry, does it? Well she might actually have it with Paul Telfer 

Spoiler

When the news of PT's return was announced a while ago, He was said to interact with Nadia, Greg, Ari, Linsey etc. According to the upcoming spoilers, Xander will cross path with Sarah.  

I liked the Deveraux dinner scene too. MA and MR were wonderful. Even though I only get into Days recently, I can see the connection between their characters. Speaking of which, here is a clip of Jack's spit.

Edited by sweetautumn
adding
  • Love 4

Chloe and Eric sort have chemistry 😉

Brady grabbed Eve’s arm aggressively yesterday and today barged into Maggie’s and started screaming at her. If he doesn’t tone down the abusive Caveman behavior... 

”I was on the elliptical.” Now picturing Maggie on the cardio machine bouncing around with her huge hair, full makeup, pantsuit and jewelry. 

So apparently Abby is only capable of being offended at everything. At this point I don’t know why people bother.

Eve’s body is amazing and she in general looks better than most 30 year olds. 

“Dirty Kitty” Holly is so cute. I don’t agree with Eric that he will drop it off the next day. Most little kids favorite stuffed animal or doll they can’t usually sleep without or will cry for. It’s funny how kids and babies are so helpless and needy but instinctively from even so young yearn to care for something else 😊 

Sorry for any typos- I’m sick with strep. 

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Brady grabbed Eve’s arm aggressively yesterday and today barged into Maggie’s and started screaming at her. If he doesn’t tone down the abusive Caveman behavior... 

So apparently Abby is only capable of being offended at everything. At this point I don’t know why people bother.

Thank for commenting on how abusive and intimidating Brady is, both physically and verbally. The portrayal of this character is off in a disturbing way. I really don’t like Brady as currently portrayed because I can so easily envision him crossing the line.

Abby continues to be obnoxious. There is absolutely nothing likable about the character. The family dinner really served to illustrate this. Her hostility towards the people who have done nothing but coddle and enable her narcissism is actually the reward they deserve for creating that monster. If I were Jack, I’d go back to Chad and demand  my payment be increased to 100,000. Th person I felt sorry for at the dinner was JJ. He seemed so hurt that Jack required money to spend time with them. The best moment for me was Jack pointing out that neither Abigail nor JJ look like him. I like to think he was secretly hoping that Jennifer would tel him Abby was an ex’s offspring.

• Love 11

That Deveraux family dinner was wonderfully awkward, and sweet.  Loving how MA is portraying amnesiac Jack. Though honestly it's so long since I've seen Jack, I can't really remember what he was like.  I just know I loved J&J back in the day, and am so glad Ron brought Jack back.  J&J were so cute there after their kids left.

Again I couldn't help but wonder how MM would have played Abigail yesterday.  Surely with a bit less anger.  Has KM ever shown a soft side to her character.  

Had to laugh how Melinda told Haley (while in the very public murder park) that no one must know they're connected, and a second later JJ walks into the scene!  Getting away to the privacy of murder park is just a joke now. Right.  LOL. 

Eric and Sarah. Eh.  I don't see any chemistry between them. And I'm not liking Sarah.  Wonder if we're supposed to.  The food fight was stupid.  I hated that mustard colour top Sarah was wearing, but I'd still be pretty annoyed if even someone as good looking as Eric Brady intentionally threw tomato sauce at me.  And, BTW, wasn't the sauce supposed to be on the side of the pasta?  Looked pretty mixed in on the plates, to me.

Speaking of food, who was serving the Deveraux's?  Looked so funny that their table was empty in one scene, then filled with food in the next. Couldn't they at least have had an extra pour some water in a glass? I know they probably couldn't afford to have anyone speak. 

This probably should be in another thread, so I'll keep it brief, but the ratings are in for week of Dec 24 to Dec 28, and Days come in second, YES SECOND. place in a couple categories! 

https://www.soapoperanetwork.com/2019/01/ratings-report-for-the-week-december-24-28-2018

EDIT: Since I see we have a little-used Ratings Thread, I've also posted the ratings link there, for any discussion.

Edited by buffynut
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

”I was on the elliptical.” Now picturing Maggie on the cardio machine bouncing around with her huge hair, full makeup, pantsuit and jewelry. 

Most little kids favorite stuffed animal or doll they can’t usually sleep without or will cry for. It’s funny how kids and babies are so helpless and needy but instinctively from even so young yearn to care for something else 😊 

I pictured Maggie in a Jane Fonda-esque turquoise and chartreuse aerobic outfit, lol -- but definitely with huge hair, full makeup, and jewelry. 

Your last bit about the stuffed animals and babies caring for something so young made me choke up at its sweetness. Then I remembered that my husband left Squeaky and Bunny at daycare on a Friday -- which meant a WEEKEND without them (!). We told my daughter (now almost 30) they were having a sleepover at daycare with all the other kids' animals and she fell for it, eventually. Tough weekend at our house, lol. 

I think I'm seeing a more nuanced version of Abigail than you all are, but that's to be expected, I think.  Although enough is enough and she needs to start working on repairing these important relationships -- they feel horrible, point made, move on. 

I LOVED their family dinner. The way Jennifer lights up when she has something happy or funny or just plain good to work with is delightful. She even looks 22 again (briefly). I'll enjoy JJ and Jack becoming father and son -- I don't know if it was a conscious acting choice or if MA's affection for CM was showing, but the way Jack looked at JJ seemed pretty paternal and loving to me. I'm just glad to have Jack back and in a cool story that gives Jennifer (Jen-Fil-A, lolololol) something to do besides worry about Abs. Some flashbacks would be great - -bet there's some in store for us as he regains his memory. 

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, buffynut said:

And, BTW, wasn't the sauce supposed to be on the side of the pasta?  Looked pretty mixed in on the plates, to me.

That drove me nuts, too! You know I wasn't into those scenes since the only takeaways I had from them were that, liking Sarah's shirt, thinking her pants looked horrible on her, and getting a craving for pasta.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 3
On 1/9/2019 at 2:48 PM, Silver Raven said:

It is on top of her repeatedly calling her chiquita and senorita.

Yep.  Julie (via Ron the writer) is making racial slurs all the time.  I thought with her most recent story line, they were trying to make Julie more of a 'matriarch' type.  But she's just NOT a good example to follow.  This is also the show that is tone deaf on having "the black couple" -- it immediately makes you think it's tokenism. They need to do much, much better. 

• Love 7
46 minutes ago, Lastwaltz said:

I pictured Maggie in a Jane Fonda-esque turquoise and chartreuse aerobic outfit, lol -- but definitely with huge hair, full makeup, and jewelry. 

Your last bit about the stuffed animals and babies caring for something so young made me choke up at its sweetness. Then I remembered that my husband left Squeaky and Bunny at daycare on a Friday -- which meant a WEEKEND without them (!). We told my daughter (now almost 30) they were having a sleepover at daycare with all the other kids' animals and she fell for it, eventually. Tough weekend at our house, lol. 

I think I'm seeing a more nuanced version of Abigail than you all are, but that's to be expected, I think.  Although enough is enough and she needs to start working on repairing these important relationships -- they feel horrible, point made, move on. 

I LOVED their family dinner. The way Jennifer lights up when she has something happy or funny or just plain good to work with is delightful. She even looks 22 again (briefly). I'll enjoy JJ and Jack becoming father and son -- I don't know if it was a conscious acting choice or if MA's affection for CM was showing, but the way Jack looked at JJ seemed pretty paternal and loving to me. I'm just glad to have Jack back and in a cool story that gives Jennifer (Jen-Fil-A, lolololol) something to do besides worry about Abs. Some flashbacks would be great - -bet there's some in store for us as he regains his memory. 

It's like you read my mind.

I also liked the Devereaux dinner.  Brilliant idea by Chad.  That family NEEDED it.  Although 10K for Jack to show was eggregious, I like that Jack bluntly stated he was sponging off Eve and needed independence.  By giving him that money, Chad has ALSO provided the means to get him away from Eve.  Nice move with trying to get Eve to Paris as well.  First, I think Eve WOULD be a smart business woman.  She needs a bit more training but I don't think putting her in Paris is bad idea.  She won't take the job, but it was a solid effort IMO.

And I think Abigail softened up during the dinner.  The look on her face as she 'confronted' Chad was more 'mischief' than 'mad' IMO.  I hope she doesn't ruin it by complaining.  That WAS a nice gesture from Chad because it went right to what Abigail needed most -- her family.  She can't keep them at arms length forever.  They need to work out their shit.  Dinner with Jack put her on the same "team" with JJ and Jenifer during their conversation.  So, all around a great idea.  I hope she recognizes it.

And ITA with those who say that Abigail HAS to own that her family had good reason to doubt.  She probably wont but she should.  

Edited by SueB
double post
  • Love 10

I forgot something else about the Deveraux dinner -- I noticed the long shots of them in longer scenes than usual. I appreciated that the show gave them that room to have some good conversation -- a bit more artistry than the show usually affords. 

• Love 7
15 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Chloe and Eric sort have chemistry 😉

Eve’s body is amazing and she in general looks better than most 30 year olds. 

“Dirty Kitty” Holly is so cute. I don’t agree with Eric that he will drop it off the next day. Most little kids favorite stuffed animal or doll they can’t usually sleep without or will cry for. It’s funny how kids and babies are so helpless and needy but instinctively from even so young yearn to care for something else 😊 

Sorry for any typos- I’m sick with strep. 

Chloe should be the one who comes back for it because she is the one who left it.  Since she is so jealous no one can look at Holly without her permission

Edited by bobcat1946
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, DanaMB said:

I just can't stand KM's Abigail.  She is such a smug bitch.  I wish she hadn't been at the dinner. And what was up with that ugly, muppet ass coat she was wearing?

It covered up the ugly ass mustard colored two piece ... thing ... she was wearing.

• Love 7

Both she and Sarah were out of pocket. They act like they aren’t all related or people who were close to Holly’s parents. 

“Sorry I overreacted I just want to make sure she’s safe.” She’s hanging out with her aunt and uncle in an apartment, not being baby sat by Ben or with Abigail.

Why did Rex just show up at Eric’s apartment? Bruh. 

And Brady’s almost kiss on Chloe. The actor looks like he’s lost weight btw his cheeks are a bit sunken and his eyes seem wan. 

Abby is fine bashing Chad to anyone who will listen but when her FATHER issues a gentle vague warning she flies off the handle. The only person allowed to disparage anyone is Abigail, she should remember he has amnesia and doesn’t know. 

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

It covered up the ugly ass mustard colored two piece ... thing ... she was wearing.

Seriously.  WHY put a tent on that tiny body?

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Both she and Sarah were out of pocket. They act like they aren’t all related or people who were close to Holly’s parents. 

“Sorry I overreacted I just want to make sure she’s safe.” She’s hanging out with her aunt and uncle in an apartment, not being baby sat by Ben or with Abigail.

Why did Rex just show up at Eric’s apartment? Bruh. 

And Brady’s almost kiss on Chloe. The actor looks like he’s lost weight btw his cheeks are a bit sunken and his eyes seem wan. 

Abby is fine bashing Chad to anyone who will listen but when her FATHER issues a gentle vague warning she flies off the handle. The only person allowed to disparage anyone is Abigail, she should remember he has amnesia and doesn’t know. 

See I thought Chloe had every right to be mad. Sarah basically swiped her while Maggie was in another room exercising, knowing full well it wasn't the right thing to do. 

Reality is if Sarah was so concerned about Eric seeing Holly she could of just as easily invited Eric over to the mansion, she brought Holly to him because she also wanted to score some points with Eric.

Sarah really is the outlier here. Yes, she is Holly's aunt, but she never met Daniel or Nicole and has no connection to Holly outside biology. 

Also Sarah was there New Year's Eve when Chloe offered to make arrangements with Eric to spend time with Holly. There was no reason to pull that stunt other than to impress Eric. 

• Love 6
9 hours ago, JBC344 said:

See I thought Chloe had every right to be mad. Sarah basically swiped her while Maggie was in another room exercising, knowing full well it wasn't the right thing to do. 

Reality is if Sarah was so concerned about Eric seeing Holly she could of just as easily invited Eric over to the mansion, she brought Holly to him because she also wanted to score some points with Eric.

Sarah really is the outlier here. Yes, she is Holly's aunt, but she never met Daniel or Nicole and has no connection to Holly outside biology. 

Also Sarah was there New Year's Eve when Chloe offered to make arrangements with Eric to spend time with Holly. There was no reason to pull that stunt other than to impress Eric. 

There wasn't.  She's got such a CRUSH on Eric.  But it's rebound city.  And Eric is handsome, kind, and generally responsible.  But he's got a lot of baggage she is not really appreciating. To quote Whoopi Goldberg; "Girl, you in danger."

First, Eric can be self-righteous and his anger gets the better of him.  His dog whistle response everytime Nicole'a name is mentioned has gone BEYOND obsessive.  Like many who die to early and wrongly, she's going to achieve Sainthood in her loved one's eyes.  And Eric was already at the dog whistle stage before then.  He ultimatley left the priesthood because he couldn't let go of his anger at Nicole (funny that...).  Now he's unable to move past his anger at Brady.  And yet he also has the ability to be so warm, sensitive, AND sensible.  I'm telling you -- "Nicole" is like his Kryptonite.  He "Mr Hyde's" it when the topic is about her.  So, unless Sarah has personally salted & burned the bones of Nicole, incinerated every scrap of DNA, shot her cremains into the sun, and wiped out every stray bit of memorabilia (except for one or two tasteful photos) -- Sarah's on thin ice.  Because this is Salem.  And we haven't seen Nicole's ghost appear.  And even THAT didn't stop Jack from coming back.  

So... Sarah honey, you are crusin' for an emotional brusin' (ref: see Jennifer Horton).  

• Love 16
1 hour ago, SueB said:

There wasn't.  She's got such a CRUSH on Eric.  But it's rebound city.  And Eric is handsome, kind, and generally responsible.  But he's got a lot of baggage she is not really appreciating. To quote Whoopi Goldberg; "Girl, you in danger."

First, Eric can be self-righteous and his anger gets the better of him.  His dog whistle response everytime Nicole'a name is mentioned has gone BEYOND obsessive.  Like many who die to early and wrongly, she's going to achieve Sainthood in her loved one's eyes.  And Eric was already at the dog whistle stage before then.  He ultimatley left the priesthood because he couldn't let go of his anger at Nicole (funny that...).  Now he's unable to move past his anger at Brady.  And yet he also has the ability to be so warm, sensitive, AND sensible.  I'm telling you -- "Nicole" is like his Kryptonite.  He "Mr Hyde's" it when the topic is about her.  So, unless Sarah has personally salted & burned the bones of Nicole, incinerated every scrap of DNA, shot her cremains into the sun, and wiped out every stray bit of memorabilia (except for one or two tasteful photos) -- Sarah's on thin ice.  Because this is Salem.  And we haven't seen Nicole's ghost appear.  And even THAT didn't stop Jack from coming back.  

So... Sarah honey, you are crusin' for an emotional brusin' (ref: see Jennifer Horton).  

Most excellent post, SueB!

And this line

So, unless Sarah has personally salted & burned the bones of Nicole, incinerated every scrap of DNA, shot her cremains into the sun, and wiped out every stray bit of memorabilia (except for one or two tasteful photos) -- Sarah's on thin ice.

Is absolute perfection!

• Love 6
On 1/11/2019 at 12:15 PM, TeeVee329 said:

But what he didn't realize was that his tablet was synced up to his TV so his girlfriend saw these texts pop up on the screen and that's how she found out.  It was pretty clever, I thought.

Nice ... a good way to update an old but sturdy trope.

On 1/11/2019 at 12:25 PM, JBC344 said:

Lol, this is how Gwen Stefani caught Gavin Rossdale cheating on her with their nanny.  Worse is that it came through on the kids iPads.

Ouch.

4 hours ago, boes said:

... wiped out every stray bit of memorabilia (except for one or two tasteful photos)

That part's my favourite.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 6

A bit random, but I have to ask - are we ever going to get a scene of Will talking with Abigail about how her affair with Chad led her ex-fiance to strangle him? Will had it all figured out right before he died, and yet I don't think there's been a single scene with the two of them discussing this whole mess. And they were rather close in the months leading up to his death.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 6

Jack and Jennifer were just magical at the dinner. I loved Jack's bemused expression when his family was reminiscing about the play that they saw in London. Jack and Jennifer quoting Shakespeare is a callback to their original love story. Jack taking money from Chad to go to the dinner was vintage Jack.  Abigail was just horrible, if she is not the center of attention she will be a bitch.  I am tired of everybody prostrating themselves before her, begging for forgiveness. As usual, Abigail is the poor victim and her stupid actions that backfired on her will be whitewashed.

Maybe it's my own predilection to root for the underdog and/or against the predestined pairing in these soap situations, but...I was kinda more here for Rex today.  I mean, absolutely, cheating on your fiancé and fathering a child with another woman, not cool things, not things Sarah should forgive and get over.  But I dunno...I just like him lol.  And Sarah was being so huffy today.  Getting annoyed that Eric wasn't going to throw his brother out on the street?  C'mon, girl.

• Love 3

Still only here for J&J (and I wanted to slap the taste out of Abby's smart mouth at the dinner. Good riddance to her and her ugly-ass coat when she left). 

But back to Missy and Matt...seriously, it's as if no time has passed and they have that same old magic that's such a rarity on soaps these days.

ETA: Seeing them a heartbeat away from kissing reminded me so much of this.

d71cd1a12268a7408693bd0a5c12982d.gif

Edited by CountryGirl
  • Love 9
16 minutes ago, CountryGirl said:

But back to Missy and Matt...seriously, it's as if no time has passed and they have that same old magic that's such a rarity on soaps these days.

MR must have been overjoyed when she got the scripts with Jack's return.  She's just shining in the scenes with him.  And as much as I want them back together right away, the bumpy road is the way to go.

JJ and Haley is getting a little more interesting. I do like that Ron pulled in a story about a character we know nothing about, and introduced her sister.

Still not really liking, or enjoying scenes with, Sarah.  But the actress is doing a soap-y job playing the role.

Does anyone here see chemistry between the current version of Chad and Abigail?  I really don't,  Not that I did with MM either.  Way back when I first started watching, I actually thought Abigail and Ben had more chemistry than Chad and Abigail.  I know most of my problem is my dislike of KM, but I just don't find her a good actress at all.  And, am I correct, she won an Emmy?

• Love 9

Nicole lived in Sarah's apartment in Nashville so I bet she knew her.

On 1/13/2019 at 8:43 AM, SueB said:

Brady is the one who is angry.  So angry he wants his soon to be humpee to keep Holly away from Eric.

23 minutes ago, buffynut said:

MR must have been overjoyed when she got the scripts with Jack's return.  She's just shining in the scenes with him.  And as much as I want them back together right away, the bumpy road is the way to go.

JJ and Haley is getting a little more interesting. I do like that Ron pulled in a story about a character we know nothing about, and introduced her sister.

Still not really liking, or enjoying scenes with, Sarah.  But the actress is doing a soap-y job playing the role.

Does anyone here see chemistry between the current version of Chad and Abigail?  I really don't,  Not that I did with MM either.  Way back when I first started watching, I actually thought Abigail and Ben had more chemistry than Chad and Abigail.  I know most of my problem is my dislike of KM, but I just don't find her a good actress at all.  And, am I correct, she won an Emmy?

I don't see any chemistry with Chad/Abby..a big part of it is KM. I haven't liked her Abby since the beginning, when she was trolling after Austin. She just overacts to the nth degree IMO. And BF is kind of a block of wood to me. I just don't see any spark with him...with anyone, except maybe Stefano's portrait.

KM did, indeed, win the Emmy for Best Supporting Actress in 2017. Just not seeing it.

I'm okay with them doing a s-l-o-w burn with J&J - they certainly did back in the late 80s/early 90s and it would be refreshing to see that vs an insta-reconciliation within the next week or so as is usually the norm.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, buffynut said:

Yes, she won supporting actress in 2017.

Edited by Sidney
  • Love 2

"JJ, what are you doing here?"  Uh, walking through this public park?

"Jack's missing".  Geez, Eve, is he supposed to be on a leash?

Gee, thanks, Rex, for letting me know I have a right to my feelings.

Very good history dialogue between Jack and Jennifer.

Damn, Sarah, reel it in.

• Love 5
32 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

"Jack's missing".  Geez, Eve, is he supposed to be on a leash?

She's not a good schemer, she should have anticipated, once she revealed Jack to everyone, people would start trying to get in front of him/get him away from her and tell their sides of history and had a counter-measure ready to go.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Maybe it's my own predilection to root for the underdog and/or against the predestined pairing in these soap situations, but...I was kinda more here for Rex today.

Same. I don't know, I just like him. I hope they move him out of the Sarah/Eric orbit soon because I'm pretty over those two, together and separately. I really wanted to like Sarah, but she's insufferable.

I still love all the Jack/Jennifer scenes. My sister hates them, so it's interesting because we watch together and she's like annoyed as hell when they're on screen and I'm just like "I love this" lol.

I still enjoy Eve, which makes this nonsensical shit she's doing even more annoying.

I wish I was into Haley/JJ. This story is like half interesting/intriguing and half dull as hell. Also, I don't know how to feel about Haley being Chinese-American but played by a Filipino-American actress.

I skipped the Abby/Chad scenes. No thanks.

• Love 9

So today’s episode convinced me that Kayla’s next storyline will be the reveal that she is sniffing something from the hospital pharmacy because on what planet does she think someone trying to talk to Rve like a human being and show actual concern for the poison she is putting into the atmosphere and her own existence would matter to a venomous, hateful, vindictive *itch like Eve.

Also, I would love if Kayla were allowed to play mother to her own children rather than the children of her rapist and the pitiful progeny of other characters (in case you ahvenet guessed, I don’t like Sarah or the actress who plays her, just another of the one-note, forgettable actors Days keeps bringing to our screens.).  By the way, how much older is Greg Vaughn than that actress because I’m guessing at least fifteen to twenty years, not a good look show.

Is it just me, or does Missy look and carry herself as if she is twenty years younger when she is acting opposite Matt?

Edited by Happytobehere
  • Love 8
3 minutes ago, Happytobehere said:

By the way, how much older is Greg Vaughn than that actress because I’m guessing at least fifteen to twenty years, not a good look show.

15 years. Doesn't bother me personally, but I like the age difference trope. They don't seem to be palying it that way at all though. I assume they're supposed to be the same or at least close in age.

5 minutes ago, Happytobehere said:

Is it just me, or does Missy look and carry herself as if she is twenty years younger when she is acting opposite Matt?

I totally agree. 

5 minutes ago, Happytobehere said:

Also, I would love if Kayla were allowed to play mother to her own children ...

Who are her kids?

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

15 years. Doesn't bother me personally, but I like the age difference trope. They don't seem to be palying it that way at all though. I assume they're supposed to be the same or at least close in age.

I totally agree. 

Who are her kids?

Joey (the only Brady or Horton who has been allowed to spend more than five minutes in jail) and Stephanie. The fact that you don’t even know who her kids are speaks volumes.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, buffynut said:

Yeah, it's not Linsey Godfrey - at least for me - that's frustrating me about Sarah, it's the writing.

• Love 2

LG becomes more consistent and sophisticated as an actor since she's been on Days. ITA with TeeVee329, the problems are the writers' total lack of interests in the character development and this sickening obsession with messy romantic entanglement. It's even a bigger program that the decision was already made before the character showed up.  I don't watch foreign soaps, so I have no idea if their writers follow in their American counterparts' footsteps.

Funny how at first I thought GV and LG could have worked with him being a vet. After all, she had great chemistry with another daytime vet Thorsten Kaye. Well I am now looking forward to Sarah/Xander interactions to see if Linsey and Paul actually have chemistry.

Wow I love the Jack/Jennifer conversation today. Seriously is there anyone from Salem as self-reflective as Jack Deveraux? Yet people are saying Ben's redemption is beautiful and he deserves to be with Caira.  

By the way, what happens to Billy Flynn? I don't think he was like this before.

Edited by sweetautumn
rearranging
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, bobcat1946 said:

Nicole lived in Sarah's apartment in Nashville so I bet she knew her.

Brady is the one who is angry.  So angry he wants his soon to be humpee to keep Holly away from Eric.

Sarah didn't meet Nicole actually. Maggie arranged the sublet of Sarah's apartment in Nashville. 

When Sarah found out about Nicole's death it was one of the first things she mentioned. Never actually meeting Nicole. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Happytobehere said:

As I said upthread, she's just shining in those scenes with Matt.

2 hours ago, Happytobehere said:

Also, I would love if Kayla were allowed to play mother to her own children rather than the children of her rapist and the pitiful progeny of other characters

It pains me to say this, and I don't want anyone to lose their job, but if the show isn't going to bring Steve back, they might as well send Kayla to wherever he is, because without Steve, or her kids, there's really no need for Kayla. 

• Love 2
On 1/13/2019 at 8:43 AM, SueB said:

tenor.gif

And Sarah will be added on to Saint Eric's blacklist right after

Spoiler

he finds out about her tryst with Xander.  

Edited by sweetautumn
spoiler editing
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, buffynut said:

It pains me to say this, and I don't want anyone to lose their job, but if the show isn't going to bring Steve back, they might as well send Kayla to wherever he is, because without Steve, or her kids, there's really no need for Kayla. 

Stephanie really should be on, especially now that Abigail is leaving. Shelley Hennig does well enough getting work outside daytime that she probably won't ever return, but they could recast.

• Love 5
31 minutes ago, Black Knight said:

Stephanie really should be on, especially now that Abigail is leaving. Shelley Hennig does well enough getting work outside daytime that she probably won't ever return, but they could recast.

True, SH came back for their wedding, but that was more because she likes MBE and SN than it was about her needing the show. Sadly, I’d be worried about who they would cast given the winning bunch they have brought on board recently.

• Love 3

Jenn, please buy some brighter lipstick.

I did laugh when JJ asked if Haley was Trask's daughter. Trask looks Chinese, Haley not so much. Yeah, Salem doesn't have much of a Chinese or Asian community. No good Asian restaurants, noodle houses, or anything? Maybe Chicago is too close. JJ is a nice guy but I probably wouldn't take my suitcase and go to his apartment, hoping to couch surf.

Abigail, get over yourself.

I did like Jack and Jennifer - they bring such an ease to their interactions.

Rex, no room at the Salem Inn? Or the cheap dive motel that housed Ted for a bit? Yeah, your ex-fiancée won't be too glad to see you. Hope Eric returns her blouse to her after it gets of out the dryer. Lucky him to have in-suite laundry.

Eve, the job in Paris is a dream. Of course you'd rather stay in Salem to watch Jack go back to Jennifer. No matter what you do, they will reunite.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

If I remember correctly, when Lindsey first came on, Sarah was talking about growing up with Sami and Eric.

Edited by Silver Raven
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, sweetautumn said:

By the way, what happens to Billy Flynn? I don't think he was like this before.

I think he's bored witless ever since the DID storyline, and

Spoiler

he's more than ready to leave.

I've always enjoyed him but these days.......not so much.......

1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

I did like Jack and Jennifer - they bring such an ease to their interactions.

Rex, no room at the Salem Inn? Or the cheap dive motel that housed Ted for a bit?

I thought the same thing about Rex.  Roman doesn't have a couch he can sleep on?  Kayla has a whole empty house, etc.  Lame way to set up this meeting IMO.  But I am happy he's back!

I agree about Jack and Jenn, their scenes were really good.  She's glossing over the Dr. Tan the Dan Man years and that'll probably come back to bite her in the rear, unless the writers ignore all that.  But Eve's days are numbered, if Jack keeps having interactions with Jenn like the one he had today.

I'm not that interested in Haley's story yet, but I'm so happy that JJ has a storyline I'm more than happy to wait and see how it plays out.  I dunno, though, JJ, about having another woman staying at your place, remember how well that worked out with Theresa.......too bad nothing happened with those two!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

If I remember correctly, when Lindsey first came on, Sarah was talking about growing up with Sami and Eric.

Yeah, I'm not understanding the 15yrs gap. Are people refering to Lindsay and Greg real ages?

Eric is early 40's, and Sarah with the SORASING and DE-SORASING is about mid to late 30's. 

• Love 3

I just have some random thoughts.  Jack and Eve aren't sleeping together yet they're sharing a hotel room? 

I miss the writers who had Jack giving Jennifer grief over Dannifer. But in spite of that, I did like some of the dialogue.  The Jack thinking Jennifer is crazy for wanting to be with them is vintage Jack.  As was the Jack who pointed out that maybe he's not the family man Jennifer wants to be with as I've always felt like there was part of Jennifer who wanted to be with, or felt she should be with, someone a bit more traditional than Jack. 

I miss Steve. 

• Love 6