Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I am admittedly a newer viewer so someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but what male in Rex's age range is a cheater?  For all his faults, I don't recall Brady cheating on anyone.  Ditto Eric.  Will cheated on Sonny, but Sonny, Paul, and Chad never cheated on anyone.  The last guy to cheat, IIRC, was Eli on Gabi, right?

I agree that Rex and Sarah didn't necessarily need to enter the canvas as a couple, but I kinda like that it...I hope this make sense...it kinda gave some shape to the shapeless lives that these two characters have been living off-canvas.  I mean, these were names that weren't even name-checked for many years.  And I kinda liked, I can't remember the exact dialogue, but Rex, when trying to explain the cheating, said something about feeling like he had to "grow up" and take these adult steps in his life that people are expected to take and, I dunno, that felt very real to me.

I think I might have a slightly different view on what cheating is, I guess. 

I consider Eric a cheater because he cheated WITH Nicole. No, he wasn't in a relationship at the time, but SHE was, and she couldn't cheat by herself-he was the other half of the equation. He proved, at any rate, he has no respect for the fact that someone could be deeply hurt by something he's a part of. And no, I don't think remorse after the fact, because you get caught, holds a lot of weight. If you're really sorry, you're going to stop long before you get caught.

As my mama always said, if they'll cheat with you, they'll cheat ON you. And I've known quite a few women and men where that was absolutely true.

Brady cheated on Eve-sort of. And yeah I think one good thing about him is he is usually "all in" with the woman he's with (however long it lasts) and yeah he and Eve in my mind were actually kind of "on a break" when he slept with Kristin-but still. If not cheating, still gross that he could do what he did and think it was okay because he excused it as playing Kristin and that it wasn't "real". 

And maybe it's not the amount of men-maybe it's that the whole cheating thing is treated so casually that makes it seem like either every man is doing it, has done it, or is expected to do it. Like Maggie said "he's a man". Okay, so the message we're sending is that all men are at least expected to cheat.

I don't like that, but that's just my personal conviction.

11 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I am admittedly a newer viewer so someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but what male in Rex's age range is a cheater?  For all his faults, I don't recall Brady cheating on anyone.  Ditto Eric.  Will cheated on Sonny, but Sonny, Paul, and Chad never cheated on anyone.  The last guy to cheat, IIRC, was Eli on Gabi, right?

I agree that Rex and Sarah didn't necessarily need to enter the canvas as a couple, but I kinda like that it...I hope this make sense...it kinda gave some shape to the shapeless lives that these two characters have been living off-canvas.  I mean, these were names that weren't even name-checked for many years.  And I kinda liked, I can't remember the exact dialogue, but Rex, when trying to explain the cheating, said something about feeling like he had to "grow up" and take these adult steps in his life that people are expected to take and, I dunno, that felt very real to me.

I think I might have a slightly different view on what cheating is, I guess. 

I consider Eric a cheater because he cheated WITH Nicole. No, he wasn't in a relationship at the time, but SHE was, and she couldn't cheat by herself-he was the other half of the equation. He proved, at any rate, he has no respect for the fact that someone could be deeply hurt by something he's a part of. And no, I don't think remorse after the fact, because you get caught, holds a lot of weight. If you're really sorry, you're going to stop long before you get caught.

As my mama always said, if they'll cheat with you, they'll cheat ON you. And I've known quite a few women and men where that was absolutely true.

Brady cheated on Eve-sort of. And yeah I think one good thing about him is he is usually "all in" with the woman he's with (however long it lasts) and yeah he and Eve in my mind were actually kind of "on a break" when he slept with Kristin-but still. If not cheating, still gross that he could do what he did and think it was okay because he excused it as playing Kristin and that it wasn't "real". 

And maybe it's not the amount of men-maybe it's that the whole cheating thing is treated so casually that makes it seem like either every man is doing it, has done it, or is expected to do it. Like Maggie said "he's a man". Okay, so the message we're sending is that all men are at least expected to cheat.

I don't like that, but that's just my personal conviction.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Tasha Brand said:

No.  Nicole cheated with him.  He was the cheated-with party.  The keywords you said was that he was not in a relationship, so technically, no, he didn't cheat at all.  Nicole was the one who cheated.  He was part of Nicole's cheating, yes, but he himself didn't cheat.

What does an "edge" even mean?

As I said, for me, it's different. In that situation, there's still the morality of a cheater, because you're in bed with someone else's partner. You aren't respecting the relationship that person is in, or the partner being cheated on, or for that matter, you aren't respecting yourself. But, that's just me.

So, agree to disagree.

• Love 4

The cheater is the one with the issues - not the person who he/she is cheating with. He or she could have told any sort of story to the person he or she is cheating with. - and the action is on him or her, not the person who he is cheating with. Rex needs to spend some time working on why he feels a need/desire to cheat and work on changing that aspect of himself.

Hope someone offers to pay for cleaning the whiskey-soaked shirt. Sarah Horton should not have been approaching strangers in her drunken state and going off on them.

Paul, you are far too good for Will and you handled him basically dumping you in a far too decent manner. Be glad you are rid of him. He isn't ready to be with anyone until he finishes his business with Sonny. They will implode again.

Maybe Will has some savings or money from his mother to pay for that apartment and new furniture. Ah well, he can find a new roommate or sublet it now.

Adrienne, stop being a helicopter parent and butt out of your grown son's life. He can find his own boyfriends.

• Love 6

I can't muster too much sympathy for Paul since he's played sexual and emotional ping pong between 2 halfs of a couple, which is not only gross but destined for doom, that said Will is in the wrong. 

An edge is what Sami and Kate have. What @Kitty Redstone may have meant is LG who plays Sarah is better when she has some scrap and snarkiness or scheming to play vs being a nice or passive girl. I think she's nice in real life so when she's not given anything different to do it comes off bland or recitation. 

Ciara is also flat. It seems like each Ciara actress best quality is they're pretty and have great hair. A newbie tuning in this month for the first time would assume she's actually Rafe and Hope's child given how dull she can be ? Unforch, since Bo had enough personality to fill a room and youngster Ciara was wild and captivating. 

Its such a tv trope to have a dumped and/or cheated on woman get drunk with a stranger then tell a happy couple a depressed warning scene. Very rom com and sitcom-y. 

Sad ending of all the sad broken up people and song droning. Brady was alone and pensive you know what that means he'll be with a woman in a couple days. He can't stand being single or going without sex. 

Hi Sonny's chest hair ? 

Lucas and Chloe are so cute together. 

No character I wanted to tell shut the fuck up to unlike Bold &a Beautiful and Y&R so ??

• Love 8
54 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

An edge is what Sami and Kate have. What @Kitty Redstone may have meant is LG who plays Sarah is better when she has some scrap and snarkiness or scheming to play vs being a nice or passive girl. I think she's nice in real life so when she's not given anything different to do it comes off bland or recitation.

Yes, this.  Kate and Sami are exactly who I'd point to as well.  Others include Gabi, Nicole, sometimes even Jennifer and Julie, Will and Eric on occasion, definitely Victor.  I haven't seen much of it in Chloe lately but it's there.  She briefly flashed it at Bonnie at the police station, heh.  But not Brady, who's just a douche, or Abigail, who's useless, or Hope, who's just a complete mess.  As a concept, edge is in the eye of the beholder and you know it when you see it.

LG was sickly sweet as Caroline Spencer at first.  Then Caroline hit her head and had a bit of a personality transformation.  She became more confident, not quite as nice, definitely scheming, but still relatable and root-worthy.  She reverted back to sweet and boring when they stuck her with Ridge and it was downhill from there.  It wasn't her fault, really - she played what they gave her and as a result she took on an unfortunate affect and a number of tics.  I've always liked LG and am glad to have her back on my screen.  She can be very good with the right material.  Hopefully Ron and TIIC aren't looking to make her Salem's next Melanie Jonas.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Paul, you are far too good for Will and you handled him basically dumping you in a far too decent manner. Be glad you are rid of him. He isn't ready to be with anyone until he finishes his business with Sonny. They will implode again.

Couldn't have said it any better myself. 

CS is almost too good at conjuring up the waterworks, heh, he’s just so wasted because Paul isn’t allowed to do anything except cry or smile. 

Will and Sonny are their own worst enemy in their so called romance.

They are too alike in the worst ways, they don’t make the other better, imo, they just sort of stay static until something goes wrong and neither deals with adversity well at all.

They are all hearts in eyes and ilys when things are working, but that of course can’t last because their life isn’t a Disney movie. 

I always believed that Will was not ready for marriage, that, imho, is what really killed the momentum of his character, and I don’t even care for him, heh, but there were so many better ways to have handled him coming to terms with his sexuality.  

There is nothing more boring and predictable and short-lived then a character that comes out as gay and then basically latches onto the first guy that he falls in love with, especially if that guy is a total snooze fest like Sonny. 

I definitely see them self destructing yet again, it’s one of the few things they’re good at together. 

• Love 3
38 minutes ago, Tasha Brand said:

And what's wrong with "nice" and "passive?"  I would think that those are admirable qualities.

Nice for sure, passive not so much. I don't see Sarah as passive right now though.

I enjoyed Sarah yesterday. I mean sure, it was all very tropey and cliche, but it was fun to me. I'm not sure how I feel about her and Eric yet, but we'll see. Honestly, I find Eric boring as hell. Super fun to look at though.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Tasha Brand said:

And what's wrong with "nice" and "passive?"  I would think that those are admirable qualities.

Because as I mentioned in my post that actress doesn't always rise to the occasion with that material. This was noted by many viewers as well as soap press and bloggers and perhaps why she also did some improv and sketch comedy after being let go from B&B. 

We are also talking about fictional characters and respective actors talents and range, not discussing those traits in the abstract applied to people in general ☺️

• Love 11

I’m still trying to get back into the swing of things after not watching for years. That ugly blue and white living room is the Kiriakis mansion?

I’m surprised that in all these years, they’ve never revisited Brady and Chloe. I know he wasn’t there when they were a couple, but Nadia and Eric look good together and some of their past pairings seem like they could have been decided by dartboard. 

• Love 3

Is Tripp ever going to shave?

I love Gabi's gloating.

Jeez, Wyatt's a little worm.

Nobody needs to twist the truth to make Stefan to look like a bad guy.

What ever happened to Tripp's plans to be a doctor?

That baby sounds like she's pooping.

• Love 4

Abigail is insufferable. I just can't fathom why they're writing her as such a smug bitch right now. Horrible choice.

CB continues to kill this storyline. 

Kate can save it with her bullshit. As if she's above this kind of thing. Please.

I pretty much hate Ben now, so great job, writers! On the other hand, Claire's sociopathy continues to entertain.

I fast forwarded the Ciara/Tripp scenes. I'm just so bored by them. I loved Ciara's makeup though. And at least Tripp's beard is kinda growing a bit so it doesn't look so awful and sad.

• Love 3
38 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Abigail is insufferable. I just can't fathom why they're writing her as such a smug bitch right now. Horrible choice.

Kate can save it with her bullshit. As if she's above this kind of thing. Please.

I pretty much hate Ben now, so great job, writers! On the other hand, Claire's sociopathy continues to entertain.

I fast forwarded the Ciara/Tripp scenes. I'm just so bored by them. I loved Ciara's makeup though. And at least Tripp's beard is kinda growing a bit so it doesn't look so awful and sad.

I didn't watch today but the show is doing a terrible job of getting me to feel sorry for abby she's so self righteous.

• Love 7
34 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Kate was annoying today.  I do wish that Sami knew what Gabi was up to. I would love to see her reaction.  

I don't care about Abigail and her pain.   I do think that Chad was wrong and it makes no sense that he would work with Ben in any capacity. 

Stefan needs to die asap. I did not appreciate his attitude with Jennifer. 

I don't care about Ciara either.  I lost interest in her as soon as they aged her.  

• Love 6
Just now, Apprentice79 said:

Kate was annoying today.  I do wish that Sami knew what Gabi was up to. I would love to see her reaction.  

I don't care about Abigail and her pain.   I do think that Chad was wrong and it makes no sense that he would work with Ben in any capacity. 

I don't care about Ciara either.  I lost interest in her as soon as they aged her.  

I loved that Sami still hated abby when she was back I would love to see samis reaction too.Kate who's done much worse I mean she tried to kill Sami and chloe.

• Love 6

I personally think the issue with nice and passive is not the qualities per se but that the writers don't seem to enjoy writing characters who are nice so nice becomes boring. It's dumb because I think soaps need nice characters as well as not so nice but the writers don't seem capable of writing nice and interesting. Sort of like we can never have a couple be happy for more than 5 seconds because that equals boring.

Additionally as mentioned above, the actress is better portraying edge than nice. At least that's what I thought on B&B. Of course, that might have been about the writing too!

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, Kitty Redstone said:

Just wait

Hide contents

until KM takes over.  She can't play anything but smug bitch.

Ugh I dread it I hate how abby does horrible things and never had  to pay the consquences for anything she does.So yes I'll root for Sami I'll root for Gabi ect because I know they will pay in some way even though Abby is just as bad but we're supposed to buy her as the heroine.

• Love 12

Although I am more team gabi I did feel sorry for Abigail when they took her daughter away.   At first Gabe’s revenge was fun.  It was so easy to manipulate Chad (this story makes him look stupid).   When she started drugging a pregnant woman it was hard for me to root for that.   I do want to know how she carried Abigail up a flight of stairs.  

• Love 10

Abigail should have had some universal karmic payback, but this is one of only a few times where she has ever experienced any sort of consequences for her actions/inactions toward others. And learns how her actions impact others and maybe care. Just as long as she gets what *she* wants.  Did she not see that Gabi had no access to her child while in jail serving time for a crime that she was framed for? Probably does not have the maturity to see how she has hurt people. And now she is hurting. It won't be a long lesson for her, but it will be a lesson.

Kayla can suspect whatever she likes about the prescription she filled for Gabi. Unless someone does a drug test on the tea or teacup, proving that Gabi drugged Abigail will be tough. Gabi can easily take a few of the sedatives so if they are the type to show up during a drug test, she can easily claim she took them on her own.

Ciara, Tripp was spelling it all out for you. You do have lovely hair, but that's about it. Wyatt the Weasel sure got scared off quickly and hopefully gave the money back to Claire.

• Love 8
On ‎11‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 1:48 PM, TeeVee329 said:

I liked their dynamic today too, her trying to foist the blame for the Sarah/Mimi situation on someone else, him deflecting all her attempts, and her being all, "You're not really helping me out here, honey."  That totally worked, while Adrienne being all nosey and meddle-y about Sonny was so irritating.

We haven't heard about it in forever, but he's still supposed to work for Adrienne, yes?

The one definite character trait from Eric Winter's portrayel of Rex was his very strong bond with Kate.  He absolutely adored Kate.  I like that they seem to be carrying that over.  Also when Kyle Lowder last played Brady, Kate was his mentor at Basic Black, and he had a lot of scenes with Lauren Koslow back in the day.  Nice to see them now as mother and son.

Will does work for the Spectator and he also has money from Sami.  When he originally moved out of Marlena's he revealed that Sami gave him money to start his new life in Salem.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Let me co-sign your post.

We're going to be in for weeks of Abigail's pity party soon enough, with most of Salem as her backup singers.  And that's a song we've heard before.

Edited by boes
  • Love 8
9 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Wyatt the Weasel sure got scared off quickly and hopefully gave the money back to Claire.

A serial killer was threatening him! I personally hope he kept the money and ran lol.

7 hours ago, boes said:

And we're going to be in for weeks of Abigail's pity party soon enough, with most of Salem as her backup singers.  And that's a song we've heard before.

I'm probably gonna have to fast forward it. I can't deal with her anymore. It's astonishing how they write her so smug and horrible and yet somehow seem to think everyone should love and root for her. It doesn't work that way, writers! 

• Love 6
9 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

As a woman who has given birth hours ago, shouldn't Abs be in something a bit more loose? But then again, it is child #2.

Abigail had sex with Chad a few days after giving birth to her first child.  In Salem time, it was probably a few hours.   On a show that has had so many ridiculous plots that had to be one of the worst.  Sex is the last thing on a woman's mind after giving birth.   

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Abigail should have had some universal karmic payback, but this is one of only a few times where she has ever experienced any sort of consequences for her actions/inactions toward others. And learns how her actions impact others and maybe care. Just as long as she gets what *she* wants.  Did she not see that Gabi had no access to her child while in jail serving time for a crime that she was framed for? Probably does not have the maturity to see how she has hurt people. And now she is hurting. It won't be a long lesson for her, but it will be a lesson.

Kayla can suspect whatever she likes about the prescription she filled for Gabi. Unless someone does a drug test on the tea or teacup, proving that Gabi drugged Abigail will be tough. Gabi can easily take a few of the sedatives so if they are the type to show up during a drug test, she can easily claim she took them on her own.

Ciara, Tripp was spelling it all out for you. You do have lovely hair, but that's about it. Wyatt the Weasel sure got scared off quickly and hopefully gave the money back to Claire.

Yes, to your entire post.  This really is the first time Abby has ever really been faced with the consequences of her actions and her being locked up away from her family should make her realize that this is exactly what happened to Gabi.  Of course prison is a lot tougher then the mental facility that Abs is in, but she should still have moment of realization but that would require Abby to actually have empathy or any form of kindness.

And yes, Ciara is not very bright is she?

• Love 10
13 hours ago, Tasha Brand said:

I stand alone, I see, in that I do care about Abigail and think that she does not deserve this, no matter how much all of you say that she does.  I hope she does prove her innocence and gives Gabi everything she has coming to her.

I'll come stand with you.  And I'm shocked that I'm saying this, as when I first started watching again in 2014 I HATED Abigail.  But once KM left, even though many fans think she's a boring actor, I came to like MM's version of Abigail.  And I do feel badly for her with what is happening. Especially having her newborn daughter ripped from her arms. I know it's a soap, so drama is entertaining, but all I could keep thinking is that isn't it a big deal that newborns nurse in the first couple days.  

Spoiler

I do suspect by this time next week, I'll be standing with the others regarding Abigail and feeling bad for her.

I wasn't watching when Gabi killed Nick, so the first I saw her was when she got out of prison, the first time.  And I liked the character.  But now I think she's gone too far.  I hope they redeem her character by saying she had PTSD from the prison beating. Kate, on the other hand, is just unredeemable now. Chad is going to be even more devastated when he discovers she knew everything Gabi was doing, and even helped her..

• Love 8
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

A serial killer was threatening him! I personally hope he kept the money and ran lol.

I'm probably gonna have to fast forward it. I can't deal with her anymore. It's astonishing how they write her so smug and horrible and yet somehow seem to think everyone should love and root for her. It doesn't work that way, writers! 

I know she's beginning to remind me of Carly on GH.I think one of the things I hate about this story is how when Gabi vented her anger everyone would tell her it's not abby fault and acted like Gabi had been at the freaking spa when abbys  actions have had life long consequences on Gabi.I love how Gabi killing Nick gets thrown in her face when she spent a year or more in prison for it and abby didn't give a damn about him when he died anyways and Kate isn't even allowed to hate Abby for killing her husband.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Harmony233 said:

I know she's beginning to remind me of Carly on GH.I think one of the things I hate about this story is how when Gabi vented her anger everyone would tell her it's not abby fault and acted like Gabi had been at the freaking spa when abbys  actions have had life long consequences on Gabi.I love how Gabi killing Nick gets thrown in her face when she spent a year or more in prison for it and abby didn't give a damn about him when he died anyways and Kate isn't even allowed to hate Abby for killing her husband.

We all know that Gabi will suffer greatly when the truth comes out. Gabi's plan was sloppy to say the least. People are starting to put it all together.  I wish that Ron had put more thought into it.  I think that Wilson will stick by her no matter what, even if Abby is their cousin.   Kate's contrived bond with Chad gets on my nerve and her lecturing Gabi was so out of place. Kate has done some evil things like trying to kill numerous people. Lucas almost died because of her when she tried to kill Victor, by burning down the Kiriakis mansion, I loved that awesome mansion set, but, I digress.  Kate had no idea that Lucas was in the house and he was left comatose for months. So, her schemes have had collateral damage as well.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 13
9 hours ago, buffynut said:

Kate, on the other hand, is just unredeemable now. Chad is going to be even more devastated when he discovers she knew everything Gabi was doing, and even helped her..

Not to mention when he finds out she's been passing information about his business dealings to Stefan.

• Love 7
22 hours ago, buffynut said:

I'll come stand with you.  And I'm shocked that I'm saying this, as when I first started watching again in 2014 I HATED Abigail.  But once KM left, even though many fans think she's a boring actor, I came to like MM's version of Abigail.  And I do feel badly for her with what is happening. Especially having her newborn daughter ripped from her arms. I know it's a soap, so drama is entertaining, but all I could keep thinking is that isn't it a big deal that newborns nurse in the first couple days.  

Hide contents

I do suspect by this time next week, I'll be standing with the others regarding Abigail and feeling bad for her.

I wasn't watching when Gabi killed Nick, so the first I saw her was when she got out of prison, the first time.  And I liked the character.  But now I think she's gone too far.  I hope they redeem her character by saying she had PTSD from the prison beating. Kate, on the other hand, is just unredeemable now. Chad is going to be even more devastated when he discovers she knew everything Gabi was doing, and even helped her..

It's a small table, but I'm there as well. KM's Abigail annoyed me some  but I fell hook line and sinker for the Chabby love story. She's flawed, absolutely. But NO ONE deserves what's been happening to her.No one. Yes, Gabi went to jail based on her testimony, but she WAS suffering from a personality disorder. I think that should at least make her guilt land in the gray area. But in any event, I'm looking forward to a big scene between them on Monday. I hope Abigail isn't too sedated to fight back. 

And yes, to deny a mother and her newborn each other's comfort is evil. Chad, I'm looking at you, you bum. 

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, Lastwaltz said:

Yes, Gabi went to jail based on her testimony, but she WAS suffering from a personality disorder. I think that should at least make her guilt land in the gray area.

This is why they need to make Gabi have PTSD. Then everyone, including Abigail, will just have to happily accept what she did like everyone was expected to do for Abigail. It would be SO hilarious!

• Love 17
Just now, peachmangosteen said:

This is why they need to make Gabi have PTSD. Then everyone, including Abigail, will just have to happily accept what she did like everyone was expected to do for Abigail. It would be SO hilarious!

And it would balance things out-- I like it. 

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, tribeca said:

My biggest problem with Abby is even though she was sick she showed zero remorse for what Gabi went through.   Chad was a jerk there too.  They really thought taking her to lunch was enough?

Haha, I forgot about this. 

• Love 5
On 11/16/2018 at 10:15 PM, Frozendiva said:

As a woman who has given birth hours ago, shouldn't Abs be in something a bit more loose? But then again, it is child #2.

I would expect no less from Ron "I Don't Know How Girls Work" Carlivati. He had OLTL's Jess/Tess running around all of southeastern Pennsylvania to sneak into hospitals and switch babies immediately after she gave birth alone in an abandoned cabin in the mountains. With only the hallucination of her mother's alternate personality to act as midwife. You know, like you do.

On 11/16/2018 at 5:05 PM, hypnotoad said:

writers don't seem to enjoy writing characters who are nice so nice becomes boring. It's dumb because I think soaps need nice characters as well as not so nice but the writers don't seem capable of writing nice and interesting.

Well said. There used to be nice characters found on every show, like AMC's Stuart, Angie, and Bianca, OLTL's Andrew and often Viki - and I'm sure Days has had its own share over the years. But no more. It's sad, because it seems like it was the nice characters who often bridged the gaps between generations and conflicted characters, and tied the show together. If that makes any sense. Just another one of those things that used to make soaps special, which has been lost as soaps try to be more and more like primetime. 

On 11/15/2018 at 9:28 PM, Petunia13 said:

No character I wanted to tell shut the fuck up to unlike Bold &a Beautiful and Y&R so ??

HA! Best episode summary I've ever seen.

I realize Ben is a controversial character, and I totally get why some don't like him. Up until Friday's ep I've been enjoying his story (much to my own surprise). IMO they've been showing that he is repentant for what he's done, and that he wants to do and be better and put his dark past behind him. Again, IMO, I know MMV. I do love a good redemption arc, and for awhile I felt as though Ciara might help that story be told and play a positive role in his redemption, so I even found myself being entertained by their scenes. But if they're just going to switch Ben back to Evil Ben going around threatening people, ready to teleport back to Crazytown any second - or if they lock him into an insipid Quad of Doom with the most boring teens ever - no. Just no. Next, please.

Is it too much to ask to have at least one story, on any show, that I still give a shit about? Don't answer that.

Edited by Maelstrom
  • Love 9
24 minutes ago, Maelstrom said:

Well said. There used to be nice characters found on every show, like AMC's Stuart, Angie, and Bianca, OLTL's Andrew and often Viki - and I'm sure Days has had its own share over the years. But no more. It's sad, because it seems like it was the nice characters who often bridged the gaps between generations and conflicted characters, and tied the show together. If that makes any sense. Just another one of those things that used to make soaps special, which has been lost as soaps try to be more and more like primetime. 

Very well said, Maelstrom.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, Lastwaltz said:

It's a small table, but I'm there as well. KM's Abigail annoyed me some  but I fell hook line and sinker for the Chabby love story. She's flawed, absolutely. But NO ONE deserves what's been happening to her.No one. Yes, Gabi went to jail based on her testimony, but she WAS suffering from a personality disorder. I think that should at least make her guilt land in the gray area. But in any event, I'm looking forward to a big scene between them on Monday. I hope Abigail isn't too sedated to fight back. 

And yes, to deny a mother and her newborn each other's comfort is evil. Chad, I'm looking at you, you bum. 

I too feel very bad for this Abigail.  If this was Kate Mansi, I wouldn't feel "as bad".  This was the Abigail that slept with E.J., cheated on Ben and stalked Austin.  That's the one I would have liked to see get what was coming to her.  The current Abigail, like it or not, was not in her right mind when she killed Andre, a man she loved and defended when no one else would.  And yes she sent Gabi to jail, but as said by many, Gabi has gone way too far in her plot for revenge.  I too hope Abigail is able to fight back on Monday.  

And since we are talking about people paying for their sins, when has Kate ever "really" paid for her many, many crimes?  From her unleashing the horror that was Clyde Westin on Salem, how horrible she was to Jordan who did nothing to her, her part in Theo getting shot and so many more.  I like Kate but she seems to always get away with a slap on the wrist.  Where is the Abigail-like mob against Kate?  

Edited by A.J.
typo
  • Love 9
14 minutes ago, A.J. said:

I too feel very bad for this Abigail.  If this was Kate Mansi, I wouldn't feel "as bad".  This was the Abigail that slept with E.J., cheated on Ben and stalked Austin.  That's the one I would have liked to see get what was coming to her.  The current Abigail, like it or not, was not in her right mind when she killed Andre, a man she loved and defended when no one else would.  And yes she sent Gabi to jail, but as said by many, Gabi has gone way too far in her plot for revenge.  I too hope Abigail is able to fight back on Monday.  

To be clear, Abby was supposedly in her right mind when she killed Andre. The show insisted it was self-defense even though the flashback didn't necessarily show that Abby was in fear for her life. It was more like an accident as she didn't mean to kill him nor did she expect that hitting him would kill him.

When she realized that she killed her best friend the serial killer, she had a breakdown and split personalities. It was stupid, stupid story where Ron got to play one of his favorite go to plots, multiple personalities so a female could wear props to distinguish her different personalities and have a rapemance unfold with someone not her husband/true love.

• Love 10
26 minutes ago, nilyank said:

To be clear, Abby was supposedly in her right mind when she killed Andre. The show insisted it was self-defense even though the flashback didn't necessarily show that Abby was in fear for her life. It was more like an accident as she didn't mean to kill him nor did she expect that hitting him would kill him.

When she realized that she killed her best friend the serial killer, she had a breakdown and split personalities. It was stupid, stupid story where Ron got to play one of his favorite go to plots, multiple personalities so a female could wear props to distinguish her different personalities and have a rapemance unfold with someone not her husband/true love.

Right I always felt it was more of an accidental death than self defense of course I'm sure nobody will throw it in her face because poor put upon abby has been through so much even though Gabi has been through just as much .I think abby was even out of the mental hospital before Gabi got out of prison.

Edited by Harmony233
  • Love 6

Thanks for the clarification.  I didn't remember the exact details.  In any event, Abigail never intended to kill Andre.  But it was not Abigail but Gabby that framed Gabi.  

However, she should be fully responsible for what she did to Sami, Carrie and Ben.  

Edited by A.J.
typos
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, Maelstrom said:

I always thought that Days of our lives had the best heroes and heroines. They were flawed good people without being sanctimonious and boring. Jennifer, Kayla, Kim, Marlena, Isabella, Hope, Melissa, Adrienne, Justin, Shane, Mike, Bo, Don, Mickey, Roman, Rojohn, John and so many others were people that you wanted to win and overcome whatever obstacle they were facing.. Now you cannot tell the heroes from the villains. Look at that they did to Hope Alice Williams Brady.. A damn shame!

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, Maelstrom said:

I would expect no less from Ron "I Don't Know How Girls Work" Carlivati. He had OLTL's Jess/Tess running around all of southeastern Pennsylvania to sneak into hospitals and switch babies immediately after she gave birth alone in an abandoned cabin in the mountains. With only the hallucination of her mother's alternate personality to act as midwife. You know, like you do.

When ABC soaps were good they were very good. I liked that they were small town and had a gamut of classes. The working class or low income characters actually dressed that way and had folksy sets. The was a lot of warmth and likability going on even with the villains, who often admitted fault or were shunned or embarrassed. OLTL and AMC were very approachable, at their peak. And David Canary was the best of everything, he was Martin Landau or Michael Caine caliber in performances. 

I think Sarah and Eric might get to that "liability" factor  if they lighten up a bit. I do enjoy good but scrappy characters I loved Taylor on The OC, Hailey on OTH, Emma on Degrassi. 

A couple years ago Abby was so freaking vile. She had a cushy job handed to her since she's town princess she wasn't qualified for and barely showed up to. She slept with hospital board member and superior EJ on the job and clock ? She slapped like 8 people in 6 months. Befriended Sami, the fiancée of the man she's having an affair with and insinuated herself into the children's lives (that's not creepy at ALL), Abby went into Sami's home threw the affair in her face, size shamed her and slapped her! You don't befriend the woman who's man your banging to like get some vile thrill, then act indignant when the truth comes out, then tell the woman who was cheated on she's unattractive like talk about throwing salt in a wound also it's incorrect and stupid, then assault the woman in her own home. While all this was going on daily myriad characters would gush over Abby's beauty, intelligence, ethical character, it was nauseating. aaron-paul-boo-bitch.gif

• Love 13

It sure was,  And remember how show had Sami go to Abigail for art history tutoring so EJ wouldn't think she was a dolt?  So fucking stupid.  Sometimes I wonder if AS and JS would have stayed if not for the shit the writers threw at them wrt KM's Abigail.

• Love 9

I felt kind of bad for the couple in the pub. The guy proposed, she accepted, and then the next thing you know, a drunken Sarah is telling the fiancée that her fiancé is a cheater, or will be.  Then Sarah throws Irish Whiskey on the guy.  And all Roman does is comp their meal and drinks.  How about springing for a weekend somewhere for the happy couple?  I mean, their entire proposal and engagement was just ruined.  Think about that Yelp review!

That is what you get for choosing the Brady Pub to pop the big question, loser fiancé guy.

• Love 15
13 hours ago, A.J. said:

And since we are talking about people paying for their sins, when has Kate ever "really" paid for her many, many crimes?  From her unleashing the horror that was Clyde Westin on Salem, how horrible she was to Jordan who did nothing to her, her part in Theo getting shot and so many more.  I like Kate but she seems to always get away with a slap on the wrist.  Where is the Abigail-like mob against Kate?  

Kate isn't presented as a 'good girl'/heroine.

7 hours ago, bannana said:

I felt kind of bad for the couple in the pub. The guy proposed, she accepted, and then the next thing you know, a drunken Sarah is telling the fiancée that her fiancé is a cheater, or will be.  Then Sarah throws Irish Whiskey on the guy.  And all Roman does is comp their meal and drinks.  How about springing for a weekend somewhere for the happy couple?  I mean, their entire proposal and engagement was just ruined.  Think about that Yelp review!

It's not like Roman himself did it! Or one of his employees. It was just some other customer. Shitty to be sure, but I thought comping their meal was a good enough sorry.

11 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

A couple years ago Abby was so freaking vile. She had a cushy job handed to her since she's town princess she wasn't qualified for and barely showed up to. She slept with hospital board member and superior EJ on the job and clock ? She slapped like 8 people in 6 months. Befriended Sami, the fiancée of the man she's having an affair with and insinuated herself into the children's lives (that's not creepy at ALL), Abby went into Sami's home threw the affair in her face, size shamed her and slapped her! You don't befriend the woman who's man your banging to like get some vile thrill, then act indignant when the truth comes out, then tell the woman who was cheated on she's unattractive like talk about throwing salt in a wound also it's incorrect and stupid, then assault the woman in her own home. While all this was going on daily myriad characters would gush over Abby's beauty, intelligence, ethical character, it was nauseating. 

I thankfully didn't even see that much of this or else I would be even more aghast over Abigail's overwhelming smugness and self-righteousness right now. Wow, what a piece of work. And this is who we're supposed to be rooting for?! LMAO!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 8