Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

IMO Xander outlived his welcome almost immediately when it turned out that he was not Justin and Adrienne's son Alexander (or is he Angelica's son?) but instead the son of some heretofore unknown brother of Victor. I haven't liked any of his returns.

• Love 5

Lani was out of line getting upset about Eli sharing with Sheila.  The guy's allowed to have friends.

Seconding the motion for Sami, Gabi, Kate, Nicole and Teresa to join forces and murder Xander.  It's not like the show couldn't bring back Paul Telfer as another doppleganger character.

6 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Vanessa Williams is gorgeous and her natural hair adds to her beauty. She is a great actress as well and the show is not using her talents to the fullest.

Her hair looked great today.  I agree about the show just wasting her talent. 

• Love 5

Catching up on the last few days, but my biggest comment is AWWW NICOLE AND ERIC!!1!1! Goosebumps.

They should be leads and together, period. I don't see them ever being boring as a "for keeps" pairing. Offer AZ the money she needs to stay and let's do this already!

Also, this show is 300% more watchable without Abifail, Stefan, Lani, Rafe, Hope and Ciara on my screen every day.

Eli and Val have really grown on me. I hope they stick around.

• Love 7
15 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

I like Nicole's hair.  

I do, too. It's the best haircut I've seen her with. Her hair styles are always horrendous lol. I do really hate her makeup though.

I don't really know anything about Xander as I have only seen him this last time when he brought Theresa back. So anyway, why would he even want to be married to Nicole?

I want Eli and Sheila to hook up. I love them together.

• Love 6
12 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Sami, do you seriously expect to find EJ? Your father is well-connected with the ISA and probably Interpol and MI6 or whatever. There is some rat besides Kristen who can point you in his direction.

The same ISA and powerful connections that couldn't save Theresa from a drug cartel boss? You mean them? :)  I get what you're saying but they've already shown those organizations don't amount to much for whatever reasons. And we know that almost nothing can stop Hurricane Sami when sets her mind to getting what she wants. 

1 hour ago, TigerLynx said:

Why are they wasting Sami on this EJ nonsense?  How long does Ken Corday plan to drag this out?

Maybe this is Sweeney's last visit to the show and IIRC, Corday has previously hinted that he regretted how he ended things prior, so they're trying to rectify it. Or maybe this is what Sweeney wants her story to be as I believe she has some say in her stories for these return visits. Quien sabe? Sami's already explained her feelings explicitly on the show to other characters so I get why she's behaving the way she is about finding EJ. For folks who want Sami to be with men she's no longer interested in, I get that it can wear on the nerves her talking about how much she loves EJ still but the writing is there to explicitly explain her behavior. 

49 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I do, too. It's the best haircut I've seen her with. Her hair styles are always horrendous lol. I do really hate her makeup though.

I like the color, I like the cut, but I don't like the styling. The makeup doesn't work for me either cause it makes her look older, which could be what they're going for with her current state of things with Xander. 

I like Eli and Sheila's interactions at the station but I am not feeling folks - e.g. Sheila, Val - thinking Lani is in the wrong for not wanting to be with Eli. There's no reason she *must* be interested in him and date him. Yes he's good looking and has a steady job but she doesn't have to date him if she doesn't choose to. The problem here is the show is low on available women Eli can date that he's not related to. I also am not sure why some of the characters are acting like Eli and Lani has some grand type love story before she got pregnant and that it left him brokenhearted. She's never really been shown to be interested in Eli other than the ONS. The writing for Elani is flat out terrible on top of them not really having any chemistry, IMO. Why should anyone root for them to get together with that bizarre, flat writing? Where's the love story and/or chemistry between them thus far? Lani still seems totally disinterested and not attracted to Eli, like honestly on her part not just pretending in order to hide some feelings she has for him. Eli and Sheila have chemistry & I would rather see the show explore them being together if the writers are still stuck on the belief in having all the Black folks in Salem only dating each other but I feel like they're chem testing Sheila with Abe and NO THANK YOU. 

• Love 4
33 minutes ago, Chick2Chic said:

I like Eli and Sheila's interactions at the station but I am not feeling folks - e.g. Sheila, Val - thinking Lani is in the wrong for not wanting to be with Eli. There's no reason she *must* be interested in him and date him. Yes he's good looking and has a steady job but she doesn't have to date him if she doesn't choose to. The problem here is the show is low on available women Eli can date that he's not related to. I also am not sure why some of the characters are acting like Eli and Lani has some grand type love story before she got pregnant and that it left him brokenhearted. She's never really been shown to be interested in Eli other than the ONS. The writing for Elani is flat out terrible on top of them not really having any chemistry, IMO. Why should anyone root for them to get together with that bizarre, flat writing? Where's the love story and/or chemistry between them thus far? Lani still seems totally disinterested and not attracted to Eli, like honestly on her part not just pretending in order to hide some feelings she has for him. Eli and Sheila have chemistry & I would rather see the show explore them being together if the writers are still stuck on the belief in having all the Black folks in Salem only dating each other but I feel like they're chem testing Sheila with Abe and NO THANK YOU. 

I think that it is insulting that the Black people on the show have to only date other Black people. I have no problem seeing Black people loving each other and dating each other, but, it has to make sense and the couple has to have chemistry. I hated Abe and Lexie together. They had no chemistry and Lexie's constant cheating was a clue that Lexie was not happy with Abe. I thought that Lexie had intense chemistry with EJ, another reason why I thought it was a mistake to make him a Dimera.  A Lexie/EJ/Sami/Lucas quadrangle could have been amazing.The show limits itself by having everybody be related to each other. Abe had chemistry with Faye, Nicole's mother. The show could have done a nice story with them. I don't want Abe with Sheila, but, it seems that Ron is setting it up by having Abe act like an asshole to Valerie. I don't like Abe with Valerie either. David needs to come back from the dead and reconnect with her and Eli. It was a mistake killing him off.  I too like Eli, but, he needs more development, as a character, but, Sheila is right that Lani is stupid to not give Eli a chance.  He is gorgeous, single, has a steady job, dependable, honest, laidback guy.  Lots of women would jump on that, especially, Black women. However, Lani is not obligated to date him if she does not want to do that. I can see both sides of the argument. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 9

As I expected, NBC is preempting Show for hurricane coverage even though it apparently wasn't important enough to cover before 1:00 West Coast time.

They did come back at 1:05.

"When are you going to start being a wife to me?"  I guess that means they haven't had sex yet. But Xander is threatening her.

"I'm not going to do anything that puts this department in a bad light." Since when?

Is Stefan and Eve screaming at each other supposed to be entertainment?

Was that Drake coughing, or John?

Brasy is such a himbo.

Is Xander working as a lumberjack?  And just where was he, when he was listening to the tape?

• Love 6
30 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Is Stefan and Eve screaming at each other supposed to be entertainment?

It was to me lol. Pure comedy.

Was that Drake coughing, or John?

I assume John since he started to say Hattie and corrected himself, which I assumed was in the script and not a Drake mistake. LOL at that rhyme.

The Xander/Nicole scenes were so gross. Ron's rape obsession rears it's head once again. Honestly, it's kinda scary. 

I don't really remember what else happened lol. Oh yea, Sami's dress was interesting.

• Love 13

So Xander's motive for being married to Nicole is just obsession, right?  Ew.  It'd be more interesting if he blackmailed her into marriage because she had money or something he was after, kinda a flip of what she did to Victor, which he mentioned today.

• Love 8
13 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

So Xander's motive for being married to Nicole is just obsession, right?  Ew.  It'd be more interesting if he blackmailed her into marriage because she had money or something he was after, kinda a flip of what she did to Victor, which he mentioned today.

Yea this. That's why I asked yesterday if there could be some reason why he'd want to be married to her. It'd still be gross, but slightly easier to take than him just being a disgusting perv. Great job, Ron.

• Love 5
42 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

So Xander's motive for being married to Nicole is just obsession, right?  Ew.  It'd be more interesting if he blackmailed her into marriage because she had money or something he was after, kinda a flip of what she did to Victor, which he mentioned today

Taking my response to the Bitterness Thread.

• Love 1

So Eric’s plan is to steal the tape.  Guess Xander didn’t make any copies.  

Does Stefan just leave his front door open for anyone to come in?   

Someone posted recently about Abby/Gabi story having strange pacing   I agree   It does seem like we have not seen this story move much   

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Chick2Chic said:

Maybe this is Sweeney's last visit to the show and IIRC, Corday has previously hinted that he regretted how he ended things prior, so they're trying to rectify it. Or maybe this is what Sweeney wants her story to be as I believe she has some say in her stories for these return visits. Quien sabe? Sami's already explained her feelings explicitly on the show to other characters so I get why she's behaving the way she is about finding EJ. For folks who want Sami to be with men she's no longer interested in, I get that it can wear on the nerves her talking about how much she loves EJ still but the writing is there to explicitly explain her behavior. 

Alison Sweeney is friends with Brian and Galen.  She doesn't want their characters (Lucas and Rafe) waiting around for Sami having no storyline. The problem with the Sami/EJ stuff is it never goes anywhere.  If Ken Corday really regretted what he did with their departure SL, he could always beg James Scott to return.  However, I don't believe Ken Corday regrets anything.  I think he is just trying to get the Sami and EJ fans to keep watching.

• Love 8

So, Stefan couldn't call Brady's cell phone? Eve knows little about business stuff like projections and such, but does 'creative'. 'Creative' what?

Eric, couldn't you just get a frying pan and clonk Xander? Xander, couldn't you just blackmail Brady or Victor for some cash for the tape?

Brady, why are you selling yourself to Kristen? Surely she can't be that stupid. Unless stupid and more stupid makes things more stupider.

No one saw Marlena/Hattie leave the hospital?

Geez, Hope, must have taken a bit of whatever pride you have to apologize to Sami.

Sami has a key to the DiMera mansion? Howard or whoever doesn't change the locks after every murder or whatever?

• Love 6
Just now, Frozendiva said:

So, Stefan couldn't call Brady's cell phone? Eve knows little about business stuff like projections and such, but does 'creative'. 'Creative' what?

They were talking about Basic Black, it's a fashion house.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

This storyline was interesting back when it was Stefano and Kate. Two dynamic characters who actually fell in love.

Nicole and Xander, two visiting characters, no thank you. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, tribeca said:

Someone posted recently about Abby/Gabi story having strange pacing   I agree   It does seem like we have not seen this story move much   

2 hours ago, Harmony233 said:

I'm personally loving the break from abby it's my least fav story.

Same for me.

Maybe the writing staff is bored by it too.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Sami has a key to the DiMera mansion? Howard or whoever doesn't change the locks after every murder or whatever?

If the writers bothered to remember to history at all, Sami wouldn't need a key.  Sami is quite good at picking locks and hacking computers.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Tasha Brand said:

Now to see whether or not Belle will do the same. . . .

Not a Belle fan. That said, Belle does have a legitimate reason to hate Sami since Sami tried selling her as a baby on the black market. The show should use that if it insists on the rivalry continuing. At least it would make sense. And that is not an easy thing to forgive.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Not a Belle fan. That said, Belle does have a legitimate reason to hate Sami since Sami tried selling her as a baby on the black market. The show should use that if it insists on the rivalry continuing. At least it would make sense. And that is not an easy thing to forgive.

But that is something that Sami did when she was 15 (younger with Belle's sorasing) and she ended up running away with Belle thinking that she would raise her as her own child. If Kristen and John didn't find Sami who knows what may have happened.

However for most of Belle's life, the sisters had a loving relationship.  It has only been Sami's last two returns that we have even seen them angry with one another.

• Love 7

Is it me or is Nicole's apartment the exact same set as Eric's apartment from a while back? They could have at least painted over that backsplash. So obvious.

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, rcc said:

Is it me or is Nicole's apartment the exact same set as Eric's apartment from a while back? They could have at least painted over that backsplash. So obvious.

LOL, I think that backsplash was also in Daniel's apartment and probably Ben's as well. Same thing with that one office set that takes turns as Marlena's, Kayla's, and Hope's depending on the day : )

• Love 4

Nicole and Eric were amazing today. They are everything a couple should be on a soap and Holly should be Eric's and not the orange one's.  I would not mind a retcon like mime sex for Ericole to rectify that mistake. 

Sami makes Stefan so interesting.  I need Sami to have some scenes with Lucas and Kate about Will.  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 14

I'm not sure I like Kristen and Xander being in cahoots.  Sometimes it's fun when Ron pulls disparate strings together, but this feels a bit like on "General Hospital" when EVERY SINGLE villain was working together.  So yeah, not feeling it.

• Love 2
On 10/9/2018 at 12:27 PM, msrachelj said:

she looks terrible. nothing like she did. it has been years but. yikes. her lips look funny, she is way too thin. and all i can think about is her and the then boe hooking up when she was underage. blech. 

That was a different actress - Miriam Parrish, who played Sami's friend Jamie.

• Love 1

Slightly off topic (been away - caught up now) but doesn't it seem as if the writers are really making an effort to clean up all the dangling threads?  First they had Ted come in and either reveal secrets or set it up so that they had to come out (Brady, Eric, Deimos, Eve, etc).  Just recently, they either have dealt with or are dealing with Theresa, Nicole, Bonnie, Hattie, Sheila, EJ, Xander and a bunch of plot points that were just left dangling before.  I'm still waiting for them to show us what is the deal with Vivian since they also used the Death-B-Gone serum on her.  I'm also guessing the whole thing with Leo will have to resurface at some point as there is a body out there somewhere still wrapped up in Maggie's rug.

Can anyone else remember anything else that hasn't been dealt with?  Do you think they are really just going to only deal with current plots and let the past stay buried?

Not even a little related to above, but I was actually impressed that they had Hope apologize to Sami for being such a bitch.  It's too bad that they'll have to make Sami be the bigger person as I would dearly have loved to see her slap Belle for her obnoxious behavior. 

• Love 5

Has Marlena commented on her view of Belle enforcing the DNR order?

Was it really a good idea for Sami to tell Stefan that Belle has half of the money?

Kristen flew to Nashville, I guess.  And where is she getting her money?

"It's not m fault Marlena jumped in front of a bullet."

I don't get why Kristen hired Xander.

Zap!

Was it really a good idea for Sami to tell Stefan that Belle has half of the money?

Kristen flew to Nashville, I guess.  And where is she getting her money?

"It's not m fault Marlena jumped in front of a bullet."

I don't get why Kristen hired Xander.

Zap!

• Love 2

So Show finds a handsome, charming, talented actor with a hot accent and proceeds to make him one of the most vile, disgustingly misogynistic villains to ever darken Salem (which is saying something). So I put forth the question:

why-5bbfe0.jpg.b5644f58144be0b3edb260e76bab53f2.jpg

Seriously, I don't know what TIIC are thinking by making Xander so irredeemably awful when Paul Telfer is such a find. I love the suggestion upthread of killing Xander and bringing PT back as a doppelgänger. Why the hell not at this point? Everyone else in Salem has had a doppelgänger.

Abe can go fuck himself. If they're trying to make him an unwatchable asshole, they're succeeding. I don't even want Valerie with him at this point, let alone Sheila (who just doesn't fit with him and is too young IMO). He's such a condescending, smug jerk to both women, and he'd always think he was better than Sheila. She deserves to be paired with someone as fun to watch as she is. I really hope Show doesn't go there.

Speaking of Valerie, she looked so pretty! I loved her hair and makeup (not something I say a lot about actors on this show, lol) and her dress complemented her beautifully. Also pretty: KdP's hair. Less pretty: AZ's hair. Sorry Ari, just not liking the short cut and swept back style.

Loved Sami's comment about Xander and Kristen meeting at Psychos Anonymous - I do believe DHall actually chuckled at that, too. It's such a treat watching actors who have known each other for so long interacting again, it's so unique to soaps and it really adds another layer that can make the performances so special.

Brady should be studied by science to see how he survived for so long despite being the dumbest creature in the entirety of existence.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, Maelstrom said:

So Show finds a handsome, charming, talented actor with a hot accent and proceeds to make him one of the most vile, disgustingly misogynistic villains to ever darken Salem (which is saying something). So I put forth the question:

why-5bbfe0.jpg.b5644f58144be0b3edb260e76bab53f2.jpg

Seriously, I don't know what TIIC are thinking by making Xander so irredeemably awful when Paul Telfer is such a find. I love the suggestion upthread of killing Xander and bringing PT back as a doppelgänger. Why the hell not at this point? Everyone else in Salem has had a doppelgänger.

Abe can go fuck himself. If they're trying to make him an unwatchable asshole, they're succeeding. I don't even want Valerie with him at this point, let alone Sheila (who just doesn't fit with him and is too young IMO). He's such a condescending, smug jerk to both women, and he'd always think he was better than Sheila. She deserves to be paired with someone as fun to watch as she is. I really hope Show doesn't go there.

Speaking of Valerie, she looked so pretty! I loved her hair and makeup (not something I say a lot about actors on this show, lol) and her dress complemented her beautifully. Also pretty: KdP's hair. Less pretty: AZ's hair. Sorry Ari, just not liking the short cut and swept back style.

Loved Sami's comment about Xander and Kristen meeting at Psychos Anonymous - I do believe DHall actually chuckled at that, too. It's such a treat watching actors who have known each other for so long interacting again, it's so unique to soaps and it really adds another layer that can make the performances so special.

Brady should be studied by science to see how he survived for so long despite being the dumbest creature in the entirety of existence.

Your post is a thing of beauty, Maelstrom!

6 hours ago, JBC344 said:

Now? 

And your post, too, JBC344!

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Belle had already given that money back to Chad and Dimera Enterprises. Apparently they have blown through that, so Sami should have kept the money.

• Love 6

Sami should have put a halt to the money transfer. Easy come, easy go. Does she seriously think that Stefan will willingly help her?

I do like Xander but he is wasted as this villain. He has far more charm to be an actual Kiriakis and part of better storylines.

Holly sure has gotten bigger.

No one has switched Marlena and Hattie yet? 

Brady, wouldn't it be easier to just camp outside the door and wait for someone to come outside?

• Love 6

but I feel like they're chem testing Sheila with Abe and NO THANK YOU. 

Oh please NO.  A thousand times NO!  That would be yucky!  I know Nicole was with Victor but thankfully I didn't see that.  And I really, really, really don't want to see Abe and Sheila.  

She also said she knew Belle was just following her mom's instructions.  

Why Belle and not Belle and Eric?  I would think she would give her twin part of the money as well.  Now if he didn't want it, that's another story.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, A.J. said:

Oh please NO.  A thousand times NO!  That would be yucky!  I know Nicole was with Victor but thankfully I didn't see that.  And I really, really, really don't want to see Abe and Sheila.  

She also said she knew Belle was just following her mom's instructions.  

Why Belle and not Belle and Eric?  I would think she would give her twin part of the money as well.  Now if he didn't want it, that's another story.  

Belle was acting as Sami's lawyer at the time and a conduit to channeling the money. 

It wasn't a sisterly gesture but more business. 

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Sami should have put a halt to the money transfer. Easy come, easy go. Does she seriously think that Stefan will willingly help her?

Sami wouldn't have been fooled by Stefan.  Once again, the writers can't be bothered to remember that Sami, Kate, and Nicole were some of the best schemers this show ever had.

• Love 9
46 minutes ago, TigerLynx said:

Sami wouldn't have been fooled by Stefan.  Once again, the writers can't be bothered to remember that Sami, Kate, and Nicole were some of the best schemers this show ever had.

True. Sami, Kate and Nicole were great schemers.  However,  Savannah was a great villainess back in the day. Her motives were not about a man or getting revenge on a rival. Her motivation was money and power. She was beautiful, glamorous and did not care what anybody thought of her.  Plus, she and Chris who is now Roman was hot.  They were my favorite story after Kim and Shane in the Miami storyline.  Sherry at her best...She always knew how to create great unique strong female characters like Anna, Savannah, Kate, e.t.c.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 7
15 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Yes, she had forgotten about filling out the DNR.  She was not upset about Belle enforcing it. 

Now this would have been an interesting plot point to explore a bit longer. Belle's internal conflict and heartache at being the one to make it happen was great fodder for drama and character enhancement. But no, instead we have Hattie at the Brady Pub in her hospital gown. And, how do you "forget" about signing a DNR. '

Enjoying Sami's return this time -- no one on the canvas right now lights up a room like she does. 

There are too many plot lines at the same time right now-- I want to see the Gabi plot through to the end, but I'm honestly not into much else. It's fun having Nicole back but I can't invest in her. The Kristen/EJ thing is becoming more interesting to me but when she's on screen I just want it to be Eileen instead of Stacey. The Abe/Sheila thing is a total non-starter for me -- she's not a good actress and Abe has always been boring as hell - -judgmental and boring as hell. Baby Bonnie and Mimi? No thanks. Lucas and Chloe? Nope. Kate is always intriguing but there's not enough of her in these episodes. Maybe it's just gearing up for sweeps next month, but I'm a bit meh on the show these days. 

• Love 4

While I think Sami parted with the money fairly easily, I don't think Sami cares about that money. She stole it to hurt/financially cripple folks not because she wanted it personally to spend on a lavish lifestyle. She was never money hungry. And while Sami is a schemer, ambitious power was never really a motivation for her in her schemes. Sami scheming usually was about getting / keeping love or lashing out over being personally hurt, not being power hungry. Kate and Nicole are/were much more power - and money - hungry regarding their schemes than Sami but mileage varies. 

Anywho, I got the impression that Sami was just glad Stefan confirmed her suspicions about EJ being alive and that she feels one step closer to finding him. The show has been explicit in stating Sami's mindset and determination to find him. 

• Love 6

Oh, man. They are laying it on with the Eric/Nicole stuff. I sense tragedy. “Take care of Holly for me!”, all the love of my life confessing, and the kicker: Eric just totally gave her a necklace that can be used to identify the dead person when there is no body found. 

I may be off base with this. They could always go Nicole just disappears on him because she thinks it’s what’s best, but I’m leaning towards Nicole not making it. I’m speculating, of course. They would just never get back together so quickly complete with all straight up true love confessing without tragedy coming up. How do they keep them apart otherwise? 

• Love 6