Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I think I've made clear I'm not a shipper of Will/Sonny, and I've been extremely critical of the self-centered way Sonny's been coming off to me in both performance and writing, even in this very episode, but wow is this some classic soap setup - Will declaring that he wants Sonny and will have to break Paul's heart (and I'm glad that we heard that his love for Paul didn't, poof, vanish, just that his pull to Sonny is stronger, which is fair) right as Paul, in defending Will's mom from a crazy lady, gets flung out a window (couldn't Eve have gone out the window instead!).  I am very leery about Ron going for a Schuyler-esque turn with Paul as this goes on - I mean, he seems to liking writing for Paul, but he also seemed to like writing for Schuyler before the Rex/Gigi agenda got in the way - but it's really cool seeing these very classic soap/love triangle beats playing out with these three.

I liked that little beat of John dazedly trying to pour himself a coffee and spilling it everywhere.

• Love 8

Drake is doing a really good job.

Damn, Sonny, Will's grandmother is in the hospital dying.  Back off a bit, huh?

OK, Hope, is slapping an unconscious person a good idea? Not that I object to Rafe being slapped, though I wish he would have returned the favor

Damn, Julie actually had a reason to scream.

Brady doesn't seem to be very reluctant to do Kristen.

"Have you not noticed that I have a gun?" That was what I said.

• Love 11

Why is it pretty much everyone in Salem who was looking for Kristen (Eve, Paul, Sami) and even a few who weren't (Doug, Julie) figured out that she was at the Salem Inn but apparently the Keystone Kops couldn't?  Hope puts out an APB on Sami but isn't actively trying to find Kristen?  She REALLY just wants her revenge on Sami doesn't she?  Too bad Sami couldn't have hit a few more people upside the head on her way to get to Kristen.

3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

this some classic soap setup - Will declaring that he wants Sonny and will have to break Paul's heart (and I'm glad that we heard that his love for Paul didn't, poof, vanish, just that his pull to Sonny is stronger, which is fair) right as Paul, in defending Will's mom from a crazy lady, gets flung out a window (couldn't Eve have gone out the window instead!).

^^This.

21 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

OK, Hope, is slapping an unconscious person a good idea? Not that I object to Rafe being slapped, though I wish he would have returned the favor

Damn, Julie actually had a reason to scream.

Brady doesn't seem to be very reluctant to do Kristen.

"Have you not noticed that I have a gun?" That was what I said.

^^Also this.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

Why is it pretty much everyone in Salem who was looking for Kristen (Eve, Paul, Sami) and even a few who weren't (Doug, Julie) figured out that she was at the Salem Inn but apparently the Keystone Kops couldn't?  Hope puts out an APB on Sami but isn't actively trying to find Kristen?  She REALLY just wants her revenge on Sami doesn't she?  Too bad Sami couldn't have hit a few more people upside the head on her way to get to Kristen.

What really pissed me off was when she described Sami as dangerous. I was over her...It is really disgusting how Hope has been destroyed and the writers just keep twisting the knife. 

I have never defended Sami so much in my life and it is because of how poorly  the Marlena shooting was executed and written. It is obvious that it was an unfortunate accident set in motion by Kristen. She is the evil one, not Sami..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I think I've made clear I'm not a shipper of Will/Sonny, and I've been extremely critical of the self-centered way Sonny's been coming off to me in both performance and writing, even in this very episode, but wow is this some classic soap setup - Will declaring that he wants Sonny and will have to break Paul's heart (and I'm glad that we heard that his love for Paul didn't, poof, vanish, just that his pull to Sonny is stronger, which is fair) right as Paul, in defending Will's mom from a crazy lady, gets flung out a window (couldn't Eve have gone out the window instead!).  I am very leery about Ron going for a Schuyler-esque turn with Paul as this goes on - I mean, he seems to liking writing for Paul, but he also seemed to like writing for Schuyler before the Rex/Gigi agenda got in the way - but it's really cool seeing these very classic soap/love triangle beats playing out with these three.

This is a classic set up isn't it?  Sonny and Will love each other and want to be together, but Will wants to let Paul down as easily as he can, which is fabulously compassionate.  And Paul, brave fool that he is, tries to help Will's mom and now he's going to be horribly hurt and Will's going to be too guilt-ridden to break things off--DAMN!!

I'm kind of loving that Eve now sees just how easily Brady falls back in with his ex-girlfriends because only a last month, he was kissing Theresa just as passionately as he was Kristen today--he's kind gross with how easy he is.

• Love 14
7 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I'm kind of loving that Eve now sees just how easily Brady falls back in with his ex-girlfriends because only a last month, he was kissing Theresa just as passionately as he was Kristen today--he's kind gross with how easy he is.

I get it, it's a soap.  But whenever someone is being forced to have sex they start passionately kissing the other person.  Were we supposed to think this was angry passion?  I thought hookers made it a point to not kiss on the mouth.  If you're being forced aren't you supposed to have no attraction?  I'm waiting for the time someone says, "Sure go ahead.  I'll just lay here and check my phone."

• Love 8
On 6/11/2018 at 2:46 PM, JBC344 said:

I so agree that Lauren Koslow is the best recast that Days has ever had.  Her version and Debra's are different but still believable as the same person.  Debra's version of Kate made sense for her return to Salem and to connect with Victor and reunite with Marlena, Billlie, and Austin, but Lauren's version of Kate is who she "should" be considering her background. 

LK is brilliant, nuanced, and Stunningly Beautiful.  I often say that Kate is my Spirit Animal, and I have been known to ask myself...  What would Kate Do?  

• Love 10

I know the Sonny hate is high, but not everything he does is automatically evil.

I don't think anyone thinks Sonny is evil.  It's the way he coldly dumped Paul and continued to treat him horribly after Will chose Paul.  Now to see him all giddy and with such excitement makes me want to vomit. I can't even watch the scenes of him and Will.    

Hope puts out an APB on Sami but isn't actively trying to find Kristen?  She REALLY just wants her revenge on Sami doesn't she?

And has Hope "ever" admitted her part in what happened between Rafe and Sami?  Technically she broke it off with Rafe before Rafe slept with Sami.  AND, Rafe and Sami were married and continued to be friends after the divorce.  It's not like they planned to sleep together.  Get over yourself Hope.  It's you that married your niece's ex-husband.  

• Love 13
On 6/8/2018 at 5:55 AM, swtrgrl said:

I STILL like him better than Chad...and I'm a Chad lover. 

Anything to piss off Julie!!! Bring it on!

I have such mixed emotions about Doug and Julie.  My mum watched Days when she was prego with me.  1970.  I feel like I have watched Days since I was born (I kinda did..).

So I look at D & J as the history of Days.  No one else is left really...    I see Julie and once again, I am 5 years old, curled up with my mum.... a big plate of nibbles she had laid out for us.

I am so torn because the Julie of the past 9-10 years (maybe more) has become such a harpy, but my inner child remembers bad Julie, and all that came after.

Spoiler

//Still not acknowledging that BF is leaving yet we have to get the effing Kangaroo back?   Noooooooooooo//

• Love 6
1 hour ago, DaphneCat said:

I get it, it's a soap.  But whenever someone is being forced to have sex they start passionately kissing the other person.  Were we supposed to think this was angry passion?  I thought hookers made it a point to not kiss on the mouth.  If you're being forced aren't you supposed to have no attraction?  I'm waiting for the time someone says, "Sure go ahead.  I'll just lay here and check my phone."

It is funny that you say that about no kissing and intimacy.  I remember when Ava raped Steve, it was emotionless and mechanical on his part. Whereas, she enjoyed it and the power that she had over Steve.. Hurting Kayla was also a bonus for her. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

DOOL Trivia: If you made a list of all the women Brady's fallen for or slept with it would reach a third of the distance to the Moon. 

His penis has clocked so much mileage. Yea, I noticed he wasn't exactly rigid or cold getting physical with Kristen. 

Now that Paul is hurt Will's not going to want to dump him. He was rather bold grabbing Sami's arm like that and giving orders. 

Sami's messy hair and smudged makeup was a nice touch. 

• Love 12
47 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

Sami's messy hair and smudged makeup was a nice touch.

YES.  I've always hated the trapped for days and the only fallout we see is the oh so picturesque smudge of dirt on one cheek. The clothes are always pristinely clean and unwrinkled.  Was that actually a rip in the jacket I saw?  Must say, I like that AS was willing to go there.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, A.J. said:

I don't think anyone thinks Sonny is evil.  It's the way he coldly dumped Paul and continued to treat him horribly after Will chose Paul.  Now to see him all giddy and with such excitement makes me want to vomit. I can't even watch the scenes of him and Will.    

And has Hope "ever" admitted her part in what happened between Rafe and Sami?  Technically she broke it off with Rafe before Rafe slept with Sami.  AND, Rafe and Sami were married and continued to be friends after the divorce.  It's not like they planned to sleep together.  Get over yourself Hope.  It's you that married your niece's ex-husband.  

Hope is weird.  So angry with Sami daring to sleep with Rafe, but so understanding about princess Abigail banging Sami's man.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, Petunia13 said:

DOOL Trivia: If you made a list of all the women Brady's fallen for or slept with it would reach a third of the distance to the Moon. 

His penis has clocked so much mileage. 

Every millimeter counts!

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

What really pissed me off was when she described Sami as dangerous. I was over her...It is really disgusting how Hope has been destroyed and the writers just keep twisting the knife. 

I have never defended Sami so much in my life and it is because of how poorly  the Marlena shooting was executed and written. It is obvious that it was an unfortunate accident set in motion by Kristen. She is the evil one, not Sami..

The blame Sami for everything has gotten old.  I do love the consistency of Sami though.  Not only is she a better shot than the Salem PD, she is also better at tracking down criminals.  I believe Sami also escaped from Andre and made off with the Dimera fortune at one time.

4 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

This is a classic set up isn't it?  Sonny and Will love each other and want to be together, but Will wants to let Paul down as easily as he can, which is fabulously compassionate.  And Paul, brave fool that he is, tries to help Will's mom and now he's going to be horribly hurt and Will's going to be too guilt-ridden to break things off--DAMN!!

I like what they are doing with Will, Paul, and Sonny.  Will returning from the dead with no memory, ending up not with Sonny, but Paul, then getting his memory back, and now this happens.  This really is classic soap.  Which tells me if they want to the writers can actually put the effort into letting a SL develop.

• Love 6

Poor John, so worried about Marlena......if he only knew that she's not in any distress, she's dreaming about one of the happiest days of her life.......

SPLAT!!

There's a reason she's got the shadow a smile lurking on her unconscious face.

Chandler Massey is doing excellent work, just excellent.  But why was I on the verge of giggling at Sonny's earnestness today?  He looked like a kid who snagged the really, really GOOD Halloween candy for once.

I think it's totally unfair that Kristen and Paul are the only ones who get to fall out of windows.  I think Hope and Rafe deserve a shot. And since she's been on the show for such a long time and since he's her hunny bunny, I also think they should get to fall from a MUCH higher window.

Fair is fair.

Edited by boes
Speeling
  • Love 12
5 minutes ago, boes said:

I think it's totally unfair that Kristen and Paul are the ones who get to fall out of windows.  I think Hope and Rafe totally deserve a shot. And since she's been on the show for such a long time and since he's her hunny bunny, I also think they should get to fall from a MUCH higher window.

Except (and I realize mileage varies!) Hope was once likeable. I blame Rafe's superiority and smugness rubbing off. So let them both fall, but let Hope also survive and go comatose like Doc, and wake her up if a new guy comes along to make her bearable again, and/or resurrect Bo via recast.

Rafe? Can go splat and croak anytime now!

• Love 9

Brady sure finds a new love of his life fairly regularly. He loves Eve? Suuuuure. Even with a gun pointed at him, he was still not fighting too much with Kristen.

Too bad Hope and Rafe didn't fall out of the window. Is the Salem Inn a highrise or like a motel of sorts with only a couple of floors?

Sonny, you should not push Will in to anything. Let's see. He's involved with the former love of your life and now you want your rightful place or prize?

Hope and Rafe should be recruiting Sami for the Salem PD. She is also pretty fickle and judgmental. Sami and Rafe were married and have a history and she dumped Rafe for a day.

John did well missing his Doc.

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, annabel said:

that is not what dried blood on a white shirt looks like

So that was supposed to be blood?

I thought he'd been eating a Pop Tart that exploded.

• Love 7

I loved the Wilson family reunion, but, it feels rush and it makes Wilson look like selfish assholes. Sonny is too desperate and pushy. Will looks fickle and immature. A few hours ago, he was declaring his love for Paul.   While they were waxing poetic about their love, they also forgot to talk about how the relationship went south real fast after they got married.  Will cheated twice, I will never stop saying that it was out of character, while Sonny was paternalistic and thought he always knew best.  Even if Wilson was always going to be endgame, then, Ron should make it a journey filled with highs and lows, longing, regret, fear.  Their reunion should be earned and not be on the back of Paul.. Paul should also get his edge back and fight for his man.  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 7
13 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I loved the Wilson family reunion, but, it feels rush and it makes Wilson look like selfish assholes. Sonny is too desperate and pushy. Will looks fickle and immature. A few hours ago, he was declaring his love for Paul.   While they were waxing poetic about their love, they also forgot to talk about how the relationship went south real fast after they got married.  Will cheated twice, I will never stop saying that it was out of character, while Sonny was paternalistic and thought he always knew best.  Even if Wilson was always going to be endgame, then, Ron should make it a journey filled with highs and lows, longing, regret, fear.  Their reunion should be earned and not be on the back of Paul.. Paul should also get his edge back and fight for his man.  

I hear what you are saying and I think all of the problems you listed will be addressed.  Right now Will's still filled with joy at remembering his entire life, especially Ari and his life with Sonny, so everything is bright and happy.  I have no doubt that reality will come crashing in, especially after Paul's been hurt and their problems will start coming back, especially if Sonny starts pulling his entitlement card.  I look forward to the messiness :)

• Love 6
Just now, kitmerlot1213 said:

I hear what you are saying and I think all of the problems you listed will be addressed.  Right now Will's still filled with joy at remembering his entire life, especially Ari and his life with Sonny, so everything is bright and happy.  I have no doubt that reality will come crashing in, especially after Paul's been hurt and their problems will start coming back, especially if Sonny starts pulling his entitlement card.  I look forward to the messiness :)

It is the messiness that makes it a good soap. I just worry that Wilson will be made to look bad and Paul will be a saint that Wilson used and threw away like trash. Look at how people turned on Sonny for his treatment of Paul. The fans really hate Sonny..

• Love 4

I'll never get why Brady is portrayed as a viable leading man, his father he is not.  

Whenever Facebook posts on the cool official page shows a brady/eve video..fans are in love with seeing them together.  I love to throw them off by saying Brady is an emotional abuser and that shouldn't be celebrated by the show and the fans lose their minds :)  one even told me that she got out of an emotionally abusive relationship and he isn't anything like her ex.  You cant debate people in denial (and don't get me started on the Ben and Ciara story).

• Love 7

Brady does not see himself that way.  He thinks he is the victim.   I say this as a total Teresa Brady fan the first time she was on.   

Eve isn’t a saint either. 

Its funny I can’t at all get into Ben/Ciara.   Guess we are suppose to see it as a bad boy good girl and the love will save him.  He isn’t really a bad boy but a man who suffers with mental illness that has potential to be violent.   We saw what he was like off his meds.    Love isn’t going to make mental illness disappear.   

I knew people don’t come back from the dead either.   Wish both those things were true in real life.  

• Love 5

Spent a lot of this week FFing, but my two cents FWIW...

Still loving Stacy as both Susan and Kristen. I'd be happy if they continue using her for the roles.

Can't stand Belle's shrill, self-righteous screaming. And that slap. What, when the writers couldn't come up with a way to include Abigail they decided to have Belle channel her spirit by randomly slapping Sami in the face? GMAFB. Feel free to leave anytime, Belle.

So tired of Sami being written as the eternal pariah/screwup. She didn't mean to shoot anyone, people. She was drugged out of her mind. Sheesh. But when Paul tried to stop her from going after Brady at the Salem Inn, I *loved* the look she gave him. It managed to convey "Oh really? And who's going to stop me? You?" in one elegant glare/eye roll. Nicely done, Ali.

Wow, Kristen, that's a whole boatload of crappy, conflicting BS you're selling. Not even Brady is stupid enough to fall for it and go to bed with—oh, never mind. He is. No surprise there. Why do so many women fall over themselves to fight over him anyway?

Maybe that knock on the head Sami dealt Rafe will turn him into some sort of supergenius. Ha, I know that's too ridiculous even for Salem.

Really enjoyed the scenes between Eric and Will (at least what I got to see of it - news broke in and ate most of the episode). I love it when the writers remember that all of these interrelated people should share scenes and act like family now and then.

Greg Vaughn and Ali Sweeney continue to have inappropriately smokin' hot chemistry. Damn. Also, he looked far hotter in the chapel scenes than he probably should've been.

• Love 14
On 01/09/2018 at 4:12 PM, oftentimes said:

What I hate most about Brady's 'love' scenes:  he puts his hands around (all) their necks way too much.  Kinda creeps me out.

Yeah, I started noticing that when he was with Nicole. I thought it was an acting choice Eric Marstoff was making to convey Brady's desire to control Nicole and also to threaten her to keep her away from his brother. I guess it's just something he does now in all his love making scenes.

It's really sad how I don't care about any of the couples on this show. John and Marlena I like, but it's laughable that we're still watching them try to get down the aisle without interruption at this point in their lives. I would much prefer if they were a long married settled couple, like Doug and Julie. They should be helping their grandkids and their children deal with their lives and face down the problems that people in their 60s, 70s and 80s typically deal with.

I really love Steve and Kayla, but that's more for the actors than their storylines, which have been terrible. Still, it stands out to me that one of the best love scenes on the show since I started rewatching in 2012 was between Steve and Kayla in a hotel room...and they're over the age of 50! Who would have ever thought?

I have zero desire to spend any more time watching Ben or Ciara, so combining them pretty much guarantees my disinterest.

Heck, I don't even really like Abe and Valerie, because I think she's just too good for him. Admittedly she hasn't shown too much personality since her introduction, but I liked her choice to corner Lani about the whole pregnancy thing. That's way more personality than Abe usually has.

Random question: has the show ever bothered to build an actual house for Abe since he became mayor? I know he must have had one back when Lexie was still alive, because she was an actually interesting character. I just feel like Abe is always this old grandpa that the show doesn't really care to do anything with. I could easily see Valerie having more fun with pretty much anybody else.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Random question: has the show ever bothered to build an actual house for Abe since he became mayor? I know he must have had one back when Lexie was still alive, because she was an actually interesting character. I just feel like Abe is always this old grandpa that the show doesn't really care to do anything with. I could easily see Valerie having more fun with pretty much anybody else.

Abe and Lexie used to live in Roman and Marlena's old house.. They gave that set a makeover to make it look different for Abe and Lexie.

I always wanted Abe with Celeste. I thought that they had an interesting vibe. He never worked with Lexie. This show has never really written for Abe. He was relegated to being Roman's sidekick and Rojohn's as well.  I think that Sherry wrote Abe well.  She gave him layers and I loved his relationship with his brother Theo. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3
On 8/31/2018 at 6:20 PM, Stella Rose said:

I have such mixed emotions about Doug and Julie.  My mum watched Days when she was prego with me.  1970.  I feel like I have watched Days since I was born (I kinda did..).

So I look at D & J as the history of Days.  No one else is left really...    I see Julie and once again, I am 5 years old, curled up with my mum.... a big plate of nibbles she had laid out for us.

I am so torn because the Julie of the past 9-10 years (maybe more) has become such a harpy, but my inner child remembers bad Julie, and all that came after.

Hide contents

//Still not acknowledging that BF is leaving yet we have to get the effing Kangaroo back?   Noooooooooooo//

i've been watching since the 70's and julie was one of the main players. i don't recall her being this awful! one storyline that stays in my mind was when she was burned by an exploding gas stove. (please tell me i remember this correctly and i'm not losing it! :) ) she should have been made to be a matriarch and head of the family. older and wiser. instead i can barely stand her snarky, nasty, belittling, entitled self. it's so wrong. 

• Love 10

Doug is ninety right ?   He moves pretty good.  That was my thought when I heard Julie scream.   I knew she was fine.  Thought maybe some food was missing ? 

i guess jenn is going to tell Eric about Nicole.   The one thing I liked about Eric with Jen was she made him smile and joke around.   Loved when he picked up Eves present How a bad girl keeps a good guy (something liked that) and asked if there were any good tips?   

Although it is right for Jen to tell him I do wish it was Brady.   Brady, Eric, Sami and Belle acting as siblings is so nice.   Guess that’s about to end.    We all know Sami and Belle are going to forgive each other.  Not so sure about Brady and Eric. 

Is kristin superhuman?    How does she survive falling out all these windows?

• Love 5
37 minutes ago, msrachelj said:

i've been watching since the 70's and julie was one of the main players. i don't recall her being this awful! one storyline that stays in my mind was when she was burned by an exploding gas stove. (please tell me i remember this correctly and i'm not losing it! :) ) she should have been made to be a matriarch and head of the family. older and wiser. instead i can barely stand her snarky, nasty, belittling, entitled self. it's so wrong. 

I thought that Julie was good during the cruise of deception, when the show was thinking about putting Julie with Victor.  Stefano fixated on Julie when he came to Salem with Tony, long before he became obsessed with Marlena.  Not to mention, the actress who plays Julie still looks pretty good.  She was gorgeous back in the day. 

I also think that Julie started to become a harpy when she and Doug opposed the Bo/Hope romance. It seemed so out of character and it just got worst. The Hayes who play Doug and Julie complained about it publicly and they got summarily fired for that. I think that it is ironic that Hope has turned into a screaming banshee just like Julie, in her fierce opposition of Ciara and Ben.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Abe and Lexie used to live in Roman and Marlena's old house.. They gave that set a makeover to make it look different for Abe and Lexie.

I always wanted Abe with Celeste. I thought that they had an interesting vibe. He never worked with Lexie. This show has never really written for Abe. He was relegated to being Roman's sidekick and Rojohn's as well.  I think that Sherry wrote Abe well.  She gave him layers and I loved his relationship with his brother Theo. 

When Abe and Lexie were on the outs, I actually liked him with Faye.  I thought they had a really nice chemistry.  It was a huge mistake to kill her off.  I also didn't mind when they were chem-testing him with Maxine a few years ago.  Both characters had a really nice ease in their scenes together.

Now would be the time to bring Jonah, Wendy, Benjy, and Jett back to the show.  I would love to see them re-build the Carvers.  Hell, throw in Brandon, Cameron, and Celeste and really make it interesting. 

Make Benjy gay, give us a re-cast Paul and make it an interesting quad.

• Love 5

Yeah, I miss Maxine. The actress had done a lot of bit parts here and there on other shows. It was nice seeing her with a regular gig, especially since there were no average-sized women in Salem.

Is  kristin superhuman?    How does she survive falling out all these windows?

In his first week writing this character, Ron has had Kristen hold several dozen people at gun point, kidnap a woman, kidnap another for several weeks and drug her, and try to rape her Ex. Oh, and fall out another window.

I've changed my mind: I'm glad Eileen isn't here for this shit.

• Love 4
On 9/2/2018 at 2:21 PM, Maelstrom said:

Still loving Stacy as both Susan and Kristen. I'd be happy if they continue using her for the roles.

Feel free to leave anytime, Belle.

So tired of Sami being written as the eternal pariah/screwup.

I love it when the writers remember that all of these interrelated people should share scenes and act like family now and then.

Greg Vaughn and Ali Sweeney continue to have inappropriately smokin' hot chemistry. Damn. Also, he looked far hotter in the chapel scenes than he probably should've been.

A big YES to your entire post Maelstrom, but 10,000 likes especially to the above.

I am so tired of those two harpies, Hope & Belle. Get over yourselves ladies. Sami will always be way cooler their either of you put together. Just sayin'.

• Love 9

So much drama over a misunderstanding that shouldn't have happened in the first place. They could have gotten Kristen arrested & saved Paul from jumping from that window by now.

I mean the writers wanted us to believe Sam might have been tempted to shot John but they are asking the audience to forget all the things leading up to Marlena getting shot.

1. Sami has been held hostage. 

2. She was drugged and looked like a mess

3. Kristen played into her already fragile state of mind. I mean Sami was unstable due to the drugs. Unable to form complete sentence, she was feeling dizzy and completely out of it.

4. Eric jumped Sami leading to the gun going off. 

The audience saw all of this go down and they understand and feel sympathetic toward Sami. Honestly, if the writers wanted some ambiguity on what happen then they shouldn't have made the case for Sami so clear. Write better next time. 

Also, having Kristen come back because she wants Brady back is so lame. I will never get what he has that makes all of these women go crazy over him. 

• Love 16
8 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I think that it is ironic that Hope has turned into a screaming banshee just like Julie, in her fierce opposition of Ciara and Ben.

I really hate defending the current version of Hope here, but really, if my kid was fixated on a freaking maniac murderer, I'd lose my shit, too. And I get Hope murdered Stefano and it makes her a raging hypocrite, but as far as that goes, welcome to Salem.

Doug and Julie's objections to Bo looked ridiculous by way of comparison.

• Love 6
21 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

I really hate defending the current version of Hope here, but really, if my kid was fixated on a freaking maniac murderer, I'd lose my shit, too. And I get Hope murdered Stefano and it makes her a raging hypocrite, but as far as that goes, welcome to Salem.

Doug and Julie's objections to Bo looked ridiculous by way of comparison.

Hope's reasoning is understandable. I despise Cin too, but, her methods are going to backfire on her and bond Ciara even more to Ben. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5

I spent a portion of the long weekend playing a little catch-up. Here are my sundry thoughts.

I think this is the best acting we’ve seen from Drake/John in ages. I particularly enjoy that the show is allowing him to stay at the hospital and grieve. Let the others run around town tracking Kristen. John belongs where he is, and is getting some really great emotional beats.

Eric in his slightly unbuttoned tux shirt was really doing it for me. He even did this little slouchy move where he scooted down on the bench that made me swoon. I mean, I know they were in the hospital chapel and all, but I’ve no clue how Jen didn’t jump him then and there. (Expect I do know. Jen is a prude.)

I really enjoy when Sami and Paul share scenes. The actors work well off of one another, and their dynamic is interesting. She’s Will’s mom. He’s Will’s boyfriend/the man who came between Will and Sonny/the man who nearly didn’t tell Sami that Will is alive. Alison plays the scenes really well. You can sense that Sami’s not a fan, but is willing to go along with things for Will’s sake.

Hope remains the worst. Sami remains the best. I mean, while Hope is busy being all self-righteous and uselessly stubborn, Sami tracks down Kristen and stands right in front of her loaded gun like a stone-cold boss.

And then we have Paul. Here is the only person in Salem willing to try and tackle skinny little Kristen and he ends up valiantly going out a window. All while Sonny is whining about needing Will back right this very second, despite the fact that a) Will got his memories back six seconds ago and b) Will is in a relationship with another (better) man. Remind me who I’m supposed to be rooting for again.

Brady ... Eve ... something ... who cares ... why?

Does Kristen always have tattoos? If they are the actress’s I would have thought they’d attempt to cover them up for continuity sake. (Which, I know, is a totally ridiculous thing to expect from this show.)

• Love 12

Will and Sonny were disgustingly gross and inappropriate during today's episode, IMO.

They both know Paul has no clue about Will regaining his memories, but they still don't mind cuddling up with one another on the couch like they have not a single care in the world.

Where did Will's uncertainty and trepidation go?

He was acting like a selfish ass punk, and that's usually Sonny's role. 

At least have the decency and maturity to break off your currently active relationship first.

They both deserve each other and their pitiful so called love connection.

I am sure another tidal wave of drama will engulf them soon and it will be very much deserved and earned. 

Did Brady actually manage to impress me today? Say what?

His passionate plea to his baby brother to hang on touched me. 

I now cannot wait to see John's reaction to Paul's accident. 

I so rarely comment on TV shows most of the time, but today got to me. 

• Love 7

And of course Kristen got away.

They just brushed over Will cheating, huh? I really wish they would bring in the guy from LA that Will cheated with.

Is Ted gone?

Why did the police contact Roman about Steve?

"You've never lived till you've been locked in a freezer with sandals on."

Has nobody called Will to tell him about Paul?

Of course Stefan will help Kristen.

Edited by Silver Raven
  • Love 5

You guys know I love Wilson, but, today was just bad. They look like selfish assholes. I am just disappointed and it will only get worst based on the spoilers. Be careful what you wish for....

Poor Kayla. She can never catch a break.

I hate Stefan.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4
39 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

"You've never lived till you've been locked in a freezer with sandals on."

Eve sucks, but she gets some great lines.

Has nobody called Will to tell him about Paul?

Brady told him at the end of the ep.

Will/Sonny were pretty gross today, but I can't really bring myself to care too much because I just don't give a shit about Paul anymore lol.

I continue to enjoy Stefan. Listen, I'm not proud of it, but it is what it is!

• Love 4

I didn't think Will and Sonny were selfish in the least--they weren't chortling with glee at Paul's bedside while they discussed their relationship, and they weren't laughing at the idea of hurting him because they're epic love can't be denied.  They both expressed honest regret at hurting him and they wanted to tell him the truth as soon as they could and after making that very painful decision, then and only then did they talk about what went wrong during their marriage which is a very mature thing to do.

So I'm guessing the cheating in LA now never happened, Will only cheated with Paul?

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

You guys know I love Wilson, but, today was just bad. They look like selfish assholes. I am just disappointed and it will only get worst based on the spoilers. Be careful what you wish for....

If they wanted them to have an indepth conversation that was fine by me, but for them to have Will splayed between Sonny's legs like they were new lovers cuddling in front of a fire during an Aspen ski trip, all the while both fully aware that there was a missing 3rd party who, for obvious reasons, believes that he is Will's chosen significant other.

I saw it is tasteless and classless and unnecessary. 

Personally speaking I would expect that kind of behavior from Sonny because, to me, he's just a trashy character, but as far as Will goes he could have done better and should have considering everything that Paul has shown him and supported him through; he deserved at least enough respect to be officially and unceremoniously dumped before Will and Sonny start their frigid "bro love" fest all over again. 

• Love 5

So, Steve's new 'eye' also had some sort of camera or other sort of spying capability? No one told him about it? Surely the ISA would check the eye and notice the extra pieces and then just remove them. A cheap way to write him out. Kayla can't catch any sort of break. Telling her big bro about her deal with Stefan? Stefan has never seemed to show an interest in anything that the ISA would work on - unless his backers are holding the cards.

Hope, Sami can probably feel you seething through the door. Give it a rest. Rafe chose you for whatever reason.

Sonny and Will seemed creepy - of course he knows nothing about Paul and his accident, but.... this is a man from your past. Your relationship was codependent and unhealthy. Unless both you and Sonny grow up, you will just repeat it and it'll be back to square one. Just because one has one's memory back does not equal an automatic renewed relationship, with all the gucky parts forgotten. Sonny has to own his end of what went wrong.

Of course, Kristen would show up at Stefan's door. Kinda expected her to show up in the tunnels and come out the armoire or whatever it is and the secret door.

Brady actually seemed like a caring, decent human being.

• Love 7