Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I bet AbiFail you like a variety of things, she likes a variety of dick. She's so on cloud 9 cause another man is interested in her by the name of Chad. Her and BOllie's awkward interaction was one of the worst things I've seen in a long time. Why were they acting so stupid? Let's not answer that, we know that the both of them have a brain of feathers and a heart of lead. Pathetic these two are. Why don't she tell BOllie that she's so awkward because Chad's stock has just risen among other things that she's going to try and get to rise up on him.

BOllie is just a dumbass, he hates/dislikes Clyde but not enough to get some money from him. Why are the men in Salem as a whole generally stupid? Most of them just need to walk around and not talk at all. Just be pretty and I'm talking to you Eric & Brady.

Glad the smug looks were completely wiped off of Dr. Dirt and Miss Rapey's faces. Yawn is still boring though.

Edited by ShadowSixx
  • Love 2

I'm actually finding Daniel more irritating than Kristen. She's a sociopath and at least has something to gain (i.e Dumb-Dumb Brady) in getting John to pinpoint Teresa as the fire poker hitter. What does Daniel gain from any of this??? (Does he want Dumb-Dumb Brady too?)

Edited by bantering
  • Love 4

I honestly can't remember if I ever root for The Smug in any capacity. If it's warranted, it shouldn't come off as smug so much as righteous or justified. But, damn, Kristen and Daniel just constantly smugging at Theresa made me root so hard against them.

What does Daniel gain from any of this???

He gets to be right. And everyone see that he's right. It's one of those things, I guess.

• Love 6

He gets to be right. And everyone see that he's right. It's one of those things, I guess.

He shouldn't be getting in a huff and  a puff the next time Jennifer uncovers evidence of shredding and decides to help out  a former priest then (even if she was partly doing it because she dislikes Nicole).

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2

My hope is that should EJ bite it, we get two eulogies at the funeral.  One from Susan, slobbering over her sweet, sweet boy...and one from Kate, telling it like it is hardcore.  That would be FUN!

I'd actually like this to be the standard at all Salem funerals. One hagiography, one straight up truth.

• Love 4

So I missed the big reveal and I'm too impatient to wait till I am home.  Did John point the finger at Kristen? Please tell me yes.

Alas no. He backed up Theresa's statement pretty much but took the blame onto himself saying he was out of control.

Theresa looked utterly confused and The Smug was wiped off both Kristen and Daniel's faces.

However, Kristen went back to see John and basically told him she knew what he did, said that he analyzed the situation and went with the lesser of two evils which she sort of respected but also said that he's putting his son in danger with Theresa. John wasn't bovverd. And then Kristen walks out and is all 'You made the wrong choice' to nothing in particular the way soap characters do.

• Love 3

It's sad that 40 something year old Brady is so freaking dumb, I back up John's decision to protect Brady from his own hormones and girls (I mean, women)!

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2

Alas no. He backed up Theresa's statement pretty much but took the blame onto himself saying he was out of control.

That's really disappointing. I wanted him to accuse Kristen and then for her to be dragged screaming from the hospital.  I'm glad for Theresa though,.  However, I'm sure she will eventually spill her guts.

• Love 1

Well that was disappointing. I so wanted John to say Kristen was the culprit. I'm tired of the smug look on her square-shaped head atop her skinny neck. If Theresa could make Kristen disappear forever, she'd have both my and John's affection for the rest of her days.

I might just like Chad and Jordan, but anyone that keeps him away from Abigail is fine.

• Love 5

Reason why I don't give a damn if EJ dies:

4)  EJ can always turn up alive.

3)  The anvils have given me a headache.

2)  Unless I get to see Sami douse him with gasoline and dance while he burns, it's not any fun.

The Number One Reason:

1)  Kate and Sami are the superior couple.  The SL they had going with Kate/Sami's revenge was 1000X better.  Kate and Sami's 22 year history trumps anything Dimera.

• Love 5

I don't know how anyone in Salem (besides the Hortons) can stand to listen to a word that comes out of Abifail's mouth. If I saw her somewhere I would turn around and walk away. Or call the cops. 

Ben is stupid for asking his daddy for money so he could take Abifail on dates. Does he not know he can just take her to the nearest supply closet for free? 

Ahahahaha. The joke about Abigail being a cheap date will never get old. I laugh every damn time.

I wish I could like posts on this tablet, or at least be smart enough to figure out if it's a problem with the tablet or the site.

• Love 4

It's more than possible that at some time in the future I'll no longer like Chad - stranger things have, and will, happen.  But I will always love the guy for this line he said to Jar Jar "Slappy" Deveraux -  "See what happens when you actually listen"?

Oh yeah, he's playing her.  Now he might still have some underlying feelings that aren't disgust and dislike with just a smidgen of "what what I thinking??", but right now the predominant ones are NOT in her favor.  He was talking to her like a rational human being, when that box of hair starts flapping her gums about BEN and BEN's JOB and HOW GOOD HE IS and how she's GOING TO TALK TO SONNY, and HOW DARE HIM, yadda yadda yadda.  I don't know if roof rats make a noise, but if they do, they sound exactly like Slappy.  

And this woman graduated from college??  Does Salem U. have books or do all their students do fingerpaints and create words with rocks, because this one never learned anything beyond striking a pose and pursing her lips.  But, she is easily duped, and after Chad was done, off she flounced, her tiny brain safely put away in her purse to seek out Ollie for some more unwarranted praise.  The way Ollie gazed upon Slappy made him look far more like someone suffering from constipation than someone struck dumb by love.  I'm thinking Ollie had a Troll Doll collection he had to leave behind when Tammy Flue snatched him up to save him from the Big Bad, and Slappy's resemblance to his missing dollies explains his fascination with her. If it's not that, then this guy is just one whack job away from being the Bell Hop at the Bates Motel.

I swear it looked like Theresa was the straight man in some vaudeville "Slowly I turned" show.  After Jawn's extremely drawn out, incredibly boring fake expose, everybody was giving Theresa the stink eye, not only Kristen and Dirty Dan.  Of course, it's just like Jawn to let one rip and then pin the smell on someone else.  As incredibly painful as it must have been, even Mar forced herself to narrow her botoxed eyelids and give her the evil eye, Roman scrunched his face up like his dentures were slipping, Kristen looked flummoxed, Dirty Dan looked like his thong had ridden up just a bit TOO high, and of course, Brady had his usual "DUH"?? look on his face.  Even if Theresa wasn't guilty of bopping Jawn on the head, she would have felt a bit odd with all those snake eyes on her.  

I wonder what Jawn's plan with Theresa is?  Will he threaten her, try to trip her up, or use another of his really well-thought out plans and try to sleep with her to keep Brady away from her?   Guy is a horndog masquerading as a caring dad.  

Gosh, won't we all be surprised, really, really surprised if that sound Sami heard in the park turns out to be a GUNSHOT and not Roman's trick knee giving out?  Because no way has Show given off ANY vibe at all that something might happen to EJ, something that might upset the eternal happiness that has been promised to Samantha Gene and Elvis Jr.  Right?  Right??

So on to the really important stuff - what do you all think Sneasel will wear to the funeral?  And will Slappy dress in all black, or only her underwear?

Edited by boes
  • Love 7

So on to the really important stuff - what do you all think Sneasel will wear to the funeral?  And will Slappy dress in all black, or only her underwear?

Grampa sweater for Sneasel - in black, natch.  Abigail will probably wear clothes since there aren't any married men she has her sights on yet, with her hair in that intenstines-looking updo you love so much.

• Love 2

boes, you outdid yerself there!

Even after that little recap, I still don't get how John shifted blame from Brady to himself - he smacked himself in the back of his head??- or how not blaming Theresa ensures Brady won't boink Kristin again....

We know those two actresses could butt heads well, but John was in a coma all this time and couldn't possibly view young T as a good sparring partner for K to keep her away from Brady.

Color me confused.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 2

Am very sad that John didn't point the finger at Kristin & i still think he's got something planned for Theresa (still can't believe the whole town doesn't know she did it since she walks around with that panicked look on her face all the time) & hopefully Kristin.  As for John taking the blame - he's basically telling Brady that John goaded him into hitting him (he's still going by Theresa's story that Brady hit him in a drunken stupor) & Brady shouldn't feel bad about what happened.

Ugh Abigail is an idiot - if she'd just shut her pie-hole & let Chad talk but oh no - she has to go on & on about how great Bollie is & can't be bothered to actually let Chad speak (I did enjoy his "see what happens when you listen")  - she makes me want to throw things.    And the conversation with Ben was painful - it's like once they had sex - what little brain cells they had went out the window (and please god - I don't want to see multiple flashbacks of them having sex)

I do like Chad & Jordan so I hope they keep them together - they have more chemistry then she ever did with Rafe

I am going to miss the twins that play Johnny - they are just too adorable (I know both Johnny & Sydney are going with Sami but do we know if Allie is going to or will she stay with Lucas?)

• Love 5

If Sami leaves alone with the kids, I won't mind if she takes Ally. If EJ goes with her, or he fake-dies and they meet up off screen, Ally better stay with Lucas. I'm tired of EJ co-opting Lucas' kids. 

Boes, I bow down before your brilliance.

I will never understand why it's a-okay for everyone in town to treat Theresa like trash because she's been mean to Jennifer. Beyond that John's "plan" to save Brady is just as dumb as every other plan he's ever had. Is he going to confide in Mar? Because if he doesn't than their touching reunion is a little lame, isn't it? Granted, John wasn't awake for their big reconciliation but I'd still like to think this dummy learned something during his long nap.

As much as I love EJ/Sami I will be relieved when they find his lifeless body. Relieved because I don't have to worry what crap the writers will pull in the name of "plot." Relieved because I won't have to keep dodging anvils. Relieved because it'll be easier to quit this show if the current writing regime stays in place. Sad, though, because my dream of an EJ/Eric heart-to-heart in the sauna will be dashed. It's up to you now, Chad. You'll need to start kidnapping babies, cloning dolts and generally behaving like an Keyser Soze whenever sweeps rolls around. Someone has to make the likes of Dan, Jennifer, Slappy, Ben, and Rafe look interesting.

• Love 3

OK, that was the most half-hearted attempt at reviving someone I have ever seen.  It was actually comical.  EJ is looking at Sami, then she turns to talk to Rafe while the EMT's go to work.  30 seconds later, Rafe looks over and they are just squatting there looking at EJ.  Rafe looks at them and they kind of shrug.  I'm guessing these guys are not bonused on actually saving people.

• Love 4

OK I was convinced for awhile that Sami had gone coo-kray, that was some serious denial going on there.

I almost feel sorry for Clyde, poor schmuck has no idea how well and truly fucked he is. Hell hath no fury like the Phoenix and his kin.

Edited by madhacker
  • Love 2

Those paramedics did nothing at all, they have to be on someones payroll. This whole EJ is shot and killed would be a lot more interesting if they didn't drag this out with all the anvils of him being in danger and "saved". Also if they didn't already say that James Scott pre-taped scenes. 

There's no real emotion at all, it's just so bad and fake.

Edited by Artsda

AS is doing okay at these scenes....but it's interesting watching a plot like this unfold when you just aren't invested in the character.  Normally, I would be bawling or teary-eyed.

Zippo.

"Who the hell could have done this?"

Um anyone in Salem?

How did Stefano find out....?

And is this the first actual long scene between the kids?  How manipulative is that?

Those paramedics did nothing at all, they have to be on someones payroll. This whole EJ is shot and killed would be a lot more interesting if they didn't drag this out with all the anvils of him being in danger and "saved". Also if they didn't already say that James Scott pre-taped scenes. 

I'm confused by this, are you saying he's not really dead, and will come back in future scenes?

I am surprised he's dead, because I thought JS implied that Ejami would have their HEA.

That's another thing James Scott gave away, with saying the EJami's would be happy, he also said he pre-taped scenes. So scenes that would air after his final airdate. 

Fake? I think AS is owning this.

Saying ILY 25 thousand times, just comes out as fake to me. Owning to me is much different than this, it would be like Sharon Case's acting when YR killed her daughter. Or Lucky's death GH aftermath with anyones acting. 

DAYs is just more campy, they overall don't do deaths good because nobody is ever really dead on it. 

• Love 1

OK, that was the most half-hearted attempt at reviving someone I have ever seen.  It was actually comical.  EJ is looking at Sami, then she turns to talk to Rafe while the EMT's go to work.  30 seconds later, Rafe looks over and they are just squatting there looking at EJ.  Rafe looks at them and they kind of shrug.  I'm guessing these guys are not bonused on actually saving people.

Welp, Flav of Flav is proven correct. 911 is a joke. 

• Love 4
I'm confused by this, are you saying he's not really dead, and will come back in future scenes?

I am surprised he's dead, because I thought JS implied that Ejami would have their HEA.

With all of the previously mentioned information, one can infer that the most probable conclusion is that

Ej's death is being faked and that he shows up to meet Sami and their kids for their HEA.

• Love 2

Saying ILY 25 thousand times, just comes out as fake to me.

I haven't seen the episode yet, but the writers on this show do tend to repeat words a lot.  So I'm not surprised about this particular quirk of a Days' episode anyway.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 1

With all of the previously mentioned information, one can infer that the most probable conclusion is that

I originally thought that, thanks.  However, it doesn't seem like it from today, but I guess anything is possible.

The episode has come up pretty fast on Youtube. I thought AS's acting was rather good. There were certain moments of quiet she had which I thought were quite poignant. She looked pretty too. (I even thought the music was good, and that hardly ever happens when I'm watching the show).   But I didn't know what to make of Rafe. He did call the death VERY QUICKLY. It was so fast I thought maybe Rafe had helped EJ out to fake his death.  (I know Rafe is usually pretty fatigued-acting, but when Sami wasn't around I thought he'd be a little more excited about EJ being dead).

Where was Sami's cell phone???

What is up with Will's outfit??

I also thought it was a little weird to show Ben and Abigail discussing how they should get to know each other's personalities. I wasn't annoyed necessarily, but maybe that could have been shown in another episode. Their discussions about  not putting all their focus on sex seemed disjointed with what was going on with everyone else.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 3

Saying ILY 25 thousand times, just comes out as fake to me. Owning to me is much different than this, it would be like Sharon Case's acting when YR killed her daughter. Or Lucky's death GH aftermath with anyones acting. 

DAYs is just more campy, they overall don't do deaths good because nobody is ever really dead on it. 

There were points well after the frantic, repeated ILYs that were better indicators of "owning." Frankly, I really liked her emotionless conversation with Stefano, after he called EJ's phone. "The EMTs took him to the morgue."

If I'm rating Days deaths, the two best for me were Renee's and Tod Chandler. I loved how she left after her "fuck you all" speech, and the next time we saw her... she was dead.

Tod's death brought out a brilliant performance by Gloria Loring and I still hear her singing, "Here, There and Everywhere" over it all. Now I'm shivering at the memory of her ripping the sheet off his face so she could say good-bye.

So yeah, I agree with you that TIIC at Days no longer do deaths well.

• Love 1

Umm no place of business is going to confirm whether someone is working that day or not. Usually if the person is or not available, they would say if that person is available or not. The places I've worked that's how they done it. I would feel very uncomfortable with an employer telling some stranger my work days. Isn't a normal response, "Jordan's not in, but I can take a message." That doesn't confirm whether she has that day off, it's just that she's not in.

Grimace Sue, don't just hand your damn phone over so Chad can put his number into it. Tell him to give you your number and you'll enter it into your phone or tell him to write it down on a piece of paper or on your hand, anything but just handing over your phone. Apparently she doesn't have a password or lock on her phone, which is what everyone should have on their phone, but for some reason people just don't.

BOllie if Jar Jar Binks is an amazing women, then standards have dropped for women everywhere in the world. If we all want to be amazing ladies we have to be homewreckers who dresses weird and take little responsibility for our actions and go around town just slapping people left and right. In real world we go around acting like that we're either gonna get our asses kicked on a daily basis or dead.

Did you all see that when AbiFail goes to talk to Grimace, she has to make the conversation about her. All smirking and blushing because she loves when people talk about her. BOllie mostly tells that little floozy what he tells his boring sister anyway, so you don't need to hear it twice, you selfish, narcissistic twit! It's sickening how much she wants to hear about herself. It doesn't help that half the town kiss the ground she walks on.

Those paramedics are the worst damn paramedics ever. They didn't even do anything, even when Sami said that he's been slipping in and out of consciousness. I guess they haven't heard of someone dying for a while and then coming back. So they should have at least attempted to revive him and not just sit there and shrug their shoulders like they never

Call Mar, are you fucking kidding me Pretty Eyelashes? Mar will come over there and do the robot dance on EJ's body to go along with her robot face. Then she'll rub it in Sami's face and glad he's dead. She'll practically throw a parade. Mar wouldn't be there to support Sami at all, she'll be there to gloat. (Well as much gloating as she can since her face doesn't move.

Stefano please take those manufactured tears on somewhere. Wasn't too long ago he was basically threatening to get rid of him and possibly Sami. He probably would have been happy if someone he hired "killed" EJ rather than someone else do it who he's unaware of.

• Love 4

Man, I thought Sami was going off the deep end.  That would have been interesting.  And what's with Roman just leaving her there with her dead husband instead of staying to maybe offer comfort and support or something normal like that?  Instead he goes to Will and Sonny's and then doesn't even tell Will?  What??

Jordan is going to drag Chad down and that's going to make me sad.  She needs to perk up. 

• Love 2

Stefano please take those manufactured tears on somewhere. Wasn't too long ago he was basically threatening to get rid of him and possibly Sami. He probably would have been happy if someone he hired "killed" EJ rather than someone else do it who he's unaware of.

Yeah, this is what puzzles me about Stephano. So I wasn't sure what to think when he broke down crying. Then again, I wasn't sure why he believed Sami just because he couldn't hear her on the phone. I thought he'd run to the hospital or morgue or wherever to confirm first, and hold out hope till he saw official confirmation.

I didn't think the acting was bad from anyone (well, except maybe from Roman, but I expect that), but  some things felt rather rushed. 

Edited by bantering
  • Love 3

I have to agree. I'm a relatively new viewer and not invested in Sami or EJ, but usually scenes like that make me tear up no matter who is in them. I thought the "denial scenes" were done very well, and actually affected me a lot more than the crying scenes. There was just something about it that didn't feel authentic at all; and just sort of left me cold.

• Love 2

I also thought it was a little weird to show Ben and Abigail discussing how they should get to know each other's personalities.

What's to know? One word I could never use to describe either one of them is 'complex.'

• Love 4

I'm going to enjoy EJ's fake death while it lasts. Good riddance you filthy piece of shit. Since Sami will most likely end up with that worthless piece of human garbage, I hope the writers at least have enough decency to let her do something rash like burn down the Dimeria mansion or sell off what's left of Dimeria Enterprises or have her call Kate her real mother in front of Marlena.

I wish Abifail had walked up on Miguel shooting EJ and Miguel shot her in order to eliminate all witnesses.

Not sure why anyone would think calling Marlena would be a good idea. First of all, Jawn is still in the hospital so she must stay by his side at all times. Second, Marlena is a cheap imitation of what a mother is supposed to be so she wouldn't bother to offer Sami any kind of support.

Wasn't Stefano threatening EJ in the previous episode? Now he's crying because his raggedy son is dead. LOL. Save the tears you bastard.

• Love 3

Worst.  EMTs.  Ever.

1-Miguel puts on gloves.

2-Ungloved Clyde takes gun.

3-Clyde wipes the gun off.

4-Ungloved Clyde handles the gun by the barrel and hands it to ungloved Jeremiah.

(And why didn't they take EJ's cell phone, too?)

I'm very glad to know that Ben and Abigail both agree with all of us that she's a hypocrite and a liar.

I liked Alison today.  I thought she was really in the zone.

• Love 4

The way the EMTs declared dead seemed weirdly similar to the way Sami declared Nick dead. But Sami at least had the excuse of not having an EMT license (or whatever qualitification it is you're supposed to get that allows you to legally declare people dead).

I actually thought it AS did a really good job. Having been in a similar situation (sudden heart attack) with my own husband 9 years ago, there is a period of shock and denial that she played very well. I took the multiple I love you's as her attempt to get him to wake up - he would respond to that. It was desperation. Maybe my own baggage is playing into it but I teared up.

The final break down was also well played. Putting her head down to try and hear his heart and the final breakdown when she finally realized he was gone (well, as gone as anyone is in Salem) was well staged and played.

Kudos to James Scott for playing dead and not moving while Alison was crying on top of him. I know its his job but that couldn't have been easy.

• Love 9