Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I have to tell you, Eve's chortling at how upset Jenn must have been to find out Abby was pregnant with Stefan's baby was a new low. I am counting down the days until Brady discovers Eve helped him lose custody of Tate--don't let me down with hate :)

Brady doesn't actually have any proof that Vic was behind the drugs being planted does he?  He just has Jenn's word on it and he's still comfortable with deciding to destroy Titan? 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Brady doesn't actually have any proof that Vic was behind the drugs being planted does he?  He just has Jenn's word on it and he's still comfortable with deciding to destroy Titan? 

See quote below.

2 hours ago, bantering said:

Eve always seems...desperate? I think that's why I don't get Brady's attraction to her. I know he's the dumbest man alive, but I feel he should sense how much she oozes it. 

I was going to respond to Kitmerlot, but Bantering already covered it.

• Love 3

Eve, it is only a matter of time before your involvement with the drug planting in JJ's apartment comes out. Brady sure can't read desperate body language. Maybe he thinks you are just turned on to him.

Good for JJ for getting his job back.

Michevious Gabi is just lucking out with all the foolery going around Salem. Ah, Kate, who used to love Chad like her own son. Well, she does have issues with her kids.

Chad, you can still seek out another paternity test. This is Salem! City of fake results! Or switched results! Abs could have switched things by accident.  It may suck to have your new bro getting some rights to visit his kid. It's an awkward situation and you should be mature enough to deal with it.

Jenn, do tell Eric. Although with Sami, Kristen, and Nicole being mentioned, I would pay some attention to it, especially if those names pop up repeatedly. You do not have any sort of great love for Eric or any real chemistry with him. Just a couple of buddies.

• Love 7
14 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

That is the problem..  Everybody does evil, so, nobody has the moral high ground to judge someone else..

Yet they do just that.

In spite of myself I want Eve and Brady to make it, but know it is not going to happen.  When he finds out she made a mistake and never confessed Brady is going to be on the warpath.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, bantering said:

Eve always seems...desperate

Eve (this iteration of her) has always seemed desperate and pleading. She was always pleading with Paige to come home, to move somewhere else together, to please just spend some time with her.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, annabel said:

Eve (this iteration of her) has always seemed desperate and pleading. She was always pleading with Paige to come home, to move somewhere else together, to please just spend some time with her.

As I have said before, Kassie De Paiva is a good actress, but to me, she will never be Eve Donovan Whatever-Her-Last-Name-Now-Is. She should have been a new character. I know it's all in the writing, but I just can't see Charlotte Ross' version begging for anything or anyone. She made things happen, good and bad.

• Love 8
9 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

As I have said before, Kassie De Paiva is a good actress, but to me, she will never be Eve Donovan Whatever-Her-Last-Name-Now_is. She should have been a new character. I know it's all in the writing, but I just can't see Charlotte Ross' version begging for anything or anyone. She made things happen, good and bad.

Charlotte Ross's Eve was the Sami of the 80's.  She had the same look and was sympathetic even when she did bad stuff, like Sami.  I think that the show went overboard at times, with Sami. However, whether you loved Sami or hated her, she was fascinating to watch. Even, as an unabashed Carrie Fan, I can understand why some preferred Sami over her. I did not agree, but, I can concede that Sami got better writing and more layers.  The writers never had any clue on how to write Carrie, they made her a sanctimonious cheater.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, TigerLynx said:

The writers had lots of chances to do something different with Sami/Carrie's relationship, and all they ever did was hit the reset button.

I'm happy for JJ.

I always wanted Sami/Carrie to really become sisters.  I thought their reconciliation in 99, after Jarlena's marriage should have been the beginning of something really special.

The show was obsessed with their rivalry and always making Sami the bad guy. Sami could have matured and still maintained her trouble making nature. 

Carrie had a history that the show could have drawn from to make her fascinating heroine.  She should have been the Marlena of her generation with Sami by her side taking no prisoners.

• Love 5

jenn's not telling eric is going to come back to bite her. why wouldn't she tell. i would want to know that my fiancé isn't still pining for his previous love.

funny: my husband walked in the room when eric was proposing and said something like ,  why is that good looking guy proposing to that old woman? jen looks unhealthy. so if the actress is sick, i feel bad, otherwise, makeup needs to address those eye bags. and hair, she has the worst do and hair color on tv. 

• Love 7

I really wish  they would stop having Stefan obsessing over a mentally ill woman. This story is just sick and disgusting.

Gabi should have kept her  mouth about what she did to Abigail. It's probably going to come back and bite her in the butt.

• Love 10
15 minutes ago, Sidney said:

I really wish  they would stop having Stefan obsessing over a mentally ill woman. This story is just sick and disgusting.

Gabi should have kept her  mouth about what she did to Abigail. It's probably going to come back and bite her in the butt.

Yes, how long is Kate going to keep her mouth shut!  Knowing the truth about Abigail's baby is going to be weighing heavy on her conscience(the little that she has), and this is another twist in the plot.  Stephan is just a despicable character, his ruining Kayla/Patch's romantic moment was just the worst. 

• Love 6

I love, love, love Kate and Gabi teaming up for destruction.  Gabi is not wrong, Chad did always enable Abigail.  If he needs to be collateral damage, so be it (and I used to like his character.)  I really hope this is NOT the one time Kate develops a conscience.

• Love 10
13 minutes ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Yes, how long is Kate going to keep her mouth shut!  Knowing the truth about Abigail's baby is going to be weighing heavy on her conscience(the little that she has), and this is another twist in the plot.  Stephan is just a despicable character, his ruining Kayla/Patch's romantic moment was just the worst. 

She didn't even have to open her mouth about what she did. She had Kate dead to rights. All she had do was stick to going after Stefan.

Stefan have become useless and pathetic. He can exit anytime.

• Love 5

Steve just out of the hospital probably shouldn't be drinking.

The buttoned up shirt with a suit jacket and no tie always looks like a Goodfellas look, to me.

We know Brady is stupid, but he's apparently so stupid he doesn't realize that Eve not wanting him to obsess about Victor planting the drugs is because she's involved.

Not a very smart move on Gabi's part to Tell All to Kate. Loving Evil Scheming Gabi, though.

• Love 5

A shallow observation, but I personally don't care for facial hair, so I think Greg Vaughn & Billy Flynn both look so much better clean-shaven.  Greg's grizzly look & Billy's scruff took away from their handsome faces(that's just me).   

• Love 8
1 hour ago, DaphneCat said:

I love, love, love Kate and Gabi teaming up for destruction.  Gabi is not wrong, Chad did always enable Abigail.  If he needs to be collateral damage, so be it (and I used to like his character.)  I really hope this is NOT the one time Kate develops a conscience.

Gabi was awesome today. When she listed all of the stuff that Abigail has done and gotten away with. I felt like one of us was in the writing room, writing all of those words that were coming out of her mouth.  Damn! I am here for it. I know that the town will burn Gabi at the stake when the truth comes out, but, like everything in life, I will enjoy it while I can..

Kate better keep her mouth shut. Her loyalty should be to Gabi, the mother of her great-grandchild.  Has Kate forgotten how she was treated by the Hortons. She was collateral damage after her affair with Bill. Everybody blamed her for Laura's breakdown. Bill got away with betraying his marriage vows.  Kate has done a lot of vile stuff in her life, but, she was not responsible for the ending of Bill and Laura's marriage. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 15
47 minutes ago, BuckeyeLou said:

A shallow observation, but I personally don't care for facial hair, so I think Greg Vaughn & Billy Flynn both look so much better clean-shaven.  Greg's grizzly look & Billy's scruff took away from their handsome faces(that's just me).   

That's just me too. Handsome men shouldn't hide it with beards. Eric's was especially straggly.

• Love 5
23 minutes ago, TigerLynx said:

I really want Gabi to get away with everything she does to Slappy.

Yeah, when Steve was doing the "poor girl" thing about Abigail I kind of wanted to hurl (both something at the tv and my lunch!)

• Love 10

I think that I may like Gabi better as a schemer. She's actually a little more interesting. I'm tired of watching her lose at life. Part of this animosity she's overcome with is well earned, but not to this extent. I mean, she is being a cold hearted bee-yatch, but that's the point I guess. She'll definitely get hers in the end, and I'll enjoy it that, too. 

She's flat wrong in this paternity switch situation, and the fact that I don't hate Chad or Abby makes it hard to root for her in this. She's just never going to tell him? Damn. What if Stefan is a horrible father? She knows Chad will be a bitter Betty about the baby, she's cool with letting him hang all the negative emotions he has about the RAPE on that child? It's just such a jarring change in how she usually behaves. She's blinded by her bitterness, and she's made a mistake telling Kate. Kate's a wild card, she'll sell you out if it involves self preservation. 

I thought that last scene between Billy and Marci was really well done. You could see that they played it as sad and the beginning of the end (at least for a little while). He wants to pretend it didn't happen and she can't, so, now, he won't be able to. 

• Love 5

Gabi, you really should not share with Kate what you are doing. She will shove you under the bus. Your list of Abs' crimes and Chad's enabling was correct.

Jenn, do you really think you can get engaged and possibly marry a man when you are his second choice? His failsafe from Nicole. She will always be a wedge in your relationship. Tell him the truth, and see where it goes.

Stefan, how thoughtful of you to drop by and say hi to Steve. Blackmailing your wife so you get to see again - for how long it will last.

Eve, Brady will eventually figure out that you were involved with the drugs being in JJ's apartment and that is why Brady lost joint custody. He may be dumb but there are a few smart brain cells growing or he may borrow the Salem Brain for five minutes.

• Love 3
20 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

As I have said before, Kassie De Paiva is a good actress, but to me, she will never be Eve Donovan Whatever-Her-Last-Name-Now-Is. She should have been a new character. I know it's all in the writing, but I just can't see Charlotte Ross' version begging for anything or anyone. She made things happen, good and bad.

Yes, a major issue with this iteration or Eve is that no matter how good KDP is, she can’t overcom being woefully miscast in the role. She should have been a new none related to anyone character for the same reason Ben shouldn’t have been written into a corner as a serial killer and Lani should not have been Abe’s daughter — the show needs viable characters not related to anyone. Part of the mess we have with storylines now and part of the reason John’s past, as the most obvious example, gets retconned every few years is because in order to make whatever new coupling they are insisting upon to work, they have to change who he is related to.

• Love 9
9 hours ago, msrachelj said:

jenn's not telling eric is going to come back to bite her. why wouldn't she tell. i would want to know that my fiancé isn't still pining for his previous love.

funny: my husband walked in the room when eric was proposing and said something like ,  why is that good looking guy proposing to that old woman? jen looks unhealthy. so if the actress is sick, i feel bad, otherwise, makeup needs to address those eye bags. and hair, she has the worst do and hair color on tv. 

Well to be fair Melissa Reeves as Jennifer should be about fifteen years older than Eric Brady, since the twins were only a couple of years old when she joined the show in the role. Maybe the show is trying some sort of weird retcon that only applies to their characters.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, annabel said:

Brady and Eve should be farther apart in age than Eric/Jenn. I was watching for most, if not all of Original!Eve, but had left by the time Brady was born.

So true. Brady, Belle and EJ  rapid aging screwed up a lot of things.   

• Love 1
21 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Will's plaid shirt was very aggressive in its plaid-ness today, I do not approve.  He needs to mix it up - a polo, borrow a T-shirt from his boyfriend, something!

Oh man, I love Will's plethora of plaid shirts--they make me smile :):)  And I love how done Will is about this whole blackmail business and his barely civil "We're having a private conversation Ted" was just as epic as Sonny's "What the hell do you want?"  I did like Ted's pointing out how protective the Wilson are of each other--now how are they going to deal with this big reveal?

I did think it was strange that Will left Paul and John alone in his room, though--it would have made more sense for them all to walk out together.  I did like Paul's realizing that Sonny loved him but it just wasn't enough. 

I'm really thrown off with how Eve's acting with Victor like they're buddies somehow.  Vic doesn't like her and Eve had best remember that.

Hey, Eric shaved!

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 5
On 8/2/2018 at 1:29 PM, msrachelj said:

I would have told him that old lady is a Horton.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I'm really thrown off with how Eve's acting with Victor like they're buddies somehow.  Vic doesn't like her and Eve had best remember that.

Not to mention that Victor tried to kill her father Shane numerous times and even had him arrested for treason. He also tried to take away her baby brother Andrew and tortured her stepmom Kim who always loved and accepted her no matter what.. 

• Love 4

So sick of the use of mental illness to protect Abigail and where did those alters come from?  They are Abigail and she is them.  Those alters came from the evil that is in Abigail's heart.

Edited by bobcat1946
  • Love 5

I guess we're not supposed to care about Abigail and her alters and how exactly they surfaced. Other folks in Salem have killed folks and no alters. Was she originally misdiagnosed?

Today's show seemed all ado about nothing.

Jenn, you seem to treat your engagement like a dentist visit. I still have absolutely no idea why you said 'yes'. Eric is a very safe choice. And he still loves another woman and you will always be down the list. She will always be in his thoughts.  Eventually he won't be able to push it down and your little happy whatever life will crash down on you. It just seems like a couple of middle aged friends decided to get married for the sake of it. Living together is easier and a whole lot cheaper.

Eve, Victor cares only about himself and will throw you under the bus.

Given that it is August, why is Will wearing such a heavy shirt?

• Love 4
5 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Don't remind me!

i like the rougher looking erik.  he looked pretty bad (in a good way) when he got out of prison. of course he looks fine now also. i can't stop thinking when i see him, how irl he is with that horrid angie something. 

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, msrachelj said:

i like the rougher looking erik.  he looked pretty bad (in a good way) when he got out of prison. of course he looks fine now also. i can't stop thinking when i see him, how irl he is with that horrid angie something. 

It seems like everybody hates his girl.  I see it everywhere...

• Love 1

Revenge Gabi is everything.  I've always loved Camila Banus and she just gets better and better.  I hope Gabi and Kate destroy Stefan and that they remain friends and scheme-partners.  Kate may be appalled that Gabi views Chad as collateral damage, but she damn well understands the concept. 

Abigail can leave anytime.  The character is boring and awful no mater who plays her.  I have no idea what anyone - Chad, EJ, Ben, Stefan, that other guy who was related to Lexie, etc. - ever saw in her.  I'm hoping Stefan can somehow be brought down, humbled and built back up because of my affection for Tyler Christopher, but that's can't happen as long as the character is in Abigail's circle of blah.

I don't remember, either because I wasn't watching at the time or because I was watching but was so bored that I can't remember, but who killed Deimos?

On 7/12/2018 at 10:16 AM, Apprentice79 said:

Kids, at that age, love their parents, their parents can do no wrong.  They don't hold grudges. I find it to be hard to believe. 

Really?  I find it all too believable.  Children who are separated from their parents can and do become angry and blame their parents for the trauma they experience.  The psychological effects are life long and absolutely heartbreaking.

• Love 4
56 minutes ago, Kitty Redstone said:

I don't remember, either because I wasn't watching at the time or because I was watching but was so bored that I can't remember, but who killed Deimos?

Nicole. Brady eventually found out and later used that information when he realized that she cheated on him with his brother Eric. He forced her to leave town and break Eric's heart as badly as possible.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Kitty Redstone said:

Revenge Gabi is everything.  I've always loved Camila Banus and she just gets better and better.  I hope Gabi and Kate destroy Stefan and that they remain friends and scheme-partners.  Kate may be appalled that Gabi views Chad as collateral damage, but she damn well understands the concept. 

Abigail can leave anytime.  The character is boring and awful no mater who plays her.  I have no idea what anyone - Chad, EJ, Ben, Stefan, that other guy who was related to Lexie, etc. - ever saw in her.  I'm hoping Stefan can somehow be brought down, humbled and built back up because of my affection for Tyler Christopher, but that's can't happen as long as the character is in Abigail's circle of blah.

Really?  I find it all too believable.  Children who are separated from their parents can and do become angry and blame their parents for the trauma they experience.  The psychological effects are life long and absolutely heartbreaking.

The characters that TC played opposite with is the only thing that made him interesting. ( Alexis, Helena, and Laura from GH) He had a few moments with LS, ( Vivian) but other than that the character always comes across as stiff and boring. They can't even muster up any chemistry between him and Stephen and Marybeth. Actors he worked with before. And it certainly didn't helped that he raped a mentally ill woman. He's a complete flop.

The Ted lawyer is more interesting then he is.

• Love 2