Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

My sexual orientation is now Gabi Hernandez scheme-ily drinking a cocktail.

DiVFkDeVAAA2jtE.jpg

She looked beautiful today for sure, but her outfit made me laugh. So appropriate!

• Love 10

I too wondered if they buried the baby in Horton Square. That would make me uncomfortable. I understand some sort of memorial board and listing the name, but does the square now double as a cemetery of sorts? The all in one centre - shopping, eating, funerals, cemetery.  Both Lani and Valerie looked a little overdressed. A simple dark dress or pantsuit would have sufficed.

Do wonder who is behind Will's mystery chopped up letters/words note. Seems a bit old-school. Maggie still hasn't asked why it is taking so long to clean the rug? Whoever has Leo hasn't decided to just drop it off at the Kiriakis front doorstep?

Abigail looked dressed for May and Gabi looked dressed for a summer party. Well, it's her party and she'll scheme if she wants to.  Chad walked out the door and Stefan is due for some karmic payback. Of course she innocently had the paternity information with her. Why? So Chad wouldn't find it at Jennifer's? Abigail will keep the baby.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

Abigail will keep the baby

Bet she'll miscarry. That is usually what happens when the "star" pairing has the issue of a kid that does not belong to the male half of the pairing. Or Chad/Abigail discover the truth as Kim did with BOTH Andrew and Jeannie as far as the daddy was concerned.

• Love 3

On AMC Bianca was not in a relationship, but decided not to have an abortion. she did not miscarry, but her baby was stolen from her at birth and she thought the baby had died and she did not get her back for a year or so

• Love 1
(edited)

I haven't watched an episode since right around the time Theresa sounded like she was going to try to go to court to get custody of Tate. It's amazing how different the show felt watching Thursday's episode. Have they been composing more new music lately? There seems to be more of it in that episode anyways.

As disgusted as I remain with Hope and Rafe as a couple, I had to kind of admire their police work trying to coerce a confession out of Ben by using trickery. It's underhanded and immoral, but I'm pretty sure police do that kind of thing all the time. It especially makes sense because Hope's daughter is involved. Of course, after the murder cover-up storyline that stretched over two years, Hope is in no position to talk about someone else's misdeeds. I've read that people think RSW has improved as an actor. I don't really see it. I think he's better than Sal, not that that's saying much!

Having seen none of the courtroom shenanigans, which sounded really depressing by the way you've all described them, I rather liked how Theresa was written off the show this time. I'm really glad she and JJ kept things platonic because it's so rare on this show to see men and women be friends. I wouldn't put it past the series to have Brady and Jennifer hook up, except that I know where things are headed in the next year thanks to the spoilers. And there's a huge age gap too. But my point is there aren't many opposite-sex friendships on soaps and this is one that may prove really solid in the long run, if the show doesn't go the easy way out and just have them screw each other senseless the next time Theresa's around.

Would anybody else eagerly watche a spin-off series where Theresa tries to raise Tate in California while helping Kimberly with her medical treatments and trying to reconcile their differences, while also calling Daddy Shane out on failing to be there for her during the secret mission he put her up to, with scenes of Caroline keeping house while also slowing down? I would watch the hell out of that show, especially if Anne swung by on a regular basis to keep things snarky and possibly hit on Andrew. Any takers?

Claire and Ciara are annoying because I feel like no matter how stupid their story lines are, the two dolts are entitled to a chunk of screen time because they're legacy characters. It all feels unearned.

I can't with Eve. I hadn't realized she knew the secret of Deimos' murder and I liked that the show had her kind of flaunt that in Eric's direction, but I just find her to be completely morally bankrupt now in a way that she wasn't even when she was screwing around with her daughter's boyfriend. I wanted someone, anyone, to swat her hands away when she tried to give Theresa a hug and offer condolences about Kimberly. Oh shut up! You do not love your sister if you call her a slut and a tramp and then go to court to steal her own kid away from her after you've slithered your way into her what should be her life. I don't think the show realizes what a number they've done on Eve. Even if they were to pull a 180 and have her realize what a screw-up she's become, I couldn't forgive her or overlooked it. I just think Theresa is being the bigger person for not lashing out at Eve for who she has become. It makes me love Theresa all the more.

I caught a quick glimpse of the start of Friday's episode, and immediately noticed that the Horton house looks like it's got a coat of fresh paint on it. But the colors are dulled now. Gone is that weird green color and in its place is more of a greenish grey. Am I going crazy? Even the curtains in Jennifer's living room are different. Now they're all silver and weird. Did the whole Horton house get colder?

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 4
(edited)

Hallelujah, Theresa is finally gone! What a pointless return of such a horrible character.  The show wasted almost 3 months on Theresa acting like a scumbag and being the absolute worst. Ugh.

It's finally safe to watch the show again without being subjected to JL's terrible acting and high-pitched shrieking. Watching her hog up airtime all summer has been absolute torture. Unfortunately, JL's already acting desperate on twitter and teasing a return for the character, so I'll have to enjoy the break from her while I can.

Edited by Pearl
  • Love 1
(edited)
11 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Do wonder who is behind Will's mystery chopped up letters/words note. Seems a bit old-school. Maggie still hasn't asked why it is taking so long to clean the rug? Whoever has Leo hasn't decided to just drop it off at the Kiriakis front doorstep?

I wish that Paul is the one that is tormenting Will and Sonny. Perhaps, he believes that they are sleeping with each other.  He found Leo's body and has stashed it away.  He did say that he would do anything for Will.  He did show up at the mansion, after Leo was killed.  Paul probably wants Will to come clean about this secret with Sonny. I know that the show would never go there because Paul is supposed to be a saint.  It would be cool to have a nice plot twist.. Paul was so sexy when he came on the show, he had an edge.  The show is so predictable. I think that this board could write better stories than these so-called writers. 

I loved Kate with Will yesterday. Kate is at her best with her children and grandchildren.  We need to see more of that.

I think that Ted should have been tested with Jennifer or Hope. Both ladies are in awful relationships right now.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 8

I wish Sami and Theresa would return full time.  I would love to see Sami and Theresa help Gabi with her revenge.  Even better if Rafe gets all self-righteous with Sami, and she reminds him of all the times he was willing to break the law himself.  Jenn Lilley is so gorgeous and she can act circles around most of the younger set on this show.  Casey (JJ) is one of the few that is also a good actor.  If I can't have a Theresa/JJ pairing, a JJ/Gabi redux would be nice.

5 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I wish that Paul is the one that is tormenting Will and Sonny. Perhaps, he believes that they are sleeping with each other.  He found Leo's body and has stashed it away.  He did say that he would do anything for Will.  He did show up at the mansion, after Leo was killed.  Paul probably wants Will to come clean about this secret with Sonny. I know that the show would never go there because Paul is supposed to be a saint.  It would be cool to have a nice plot twist.. Paul was so sexy when he came on the show, he had an edge.  The show is so predictable. I think that this board could write better stories than these so-called writers. 

I like this idea.

• Love 6
(edited)
13 minutes ago, TigerLynx said:

I wish Sami and Theresa would return full time.  I would love to see Sami and Theresa help Gabi with her revenge.  Even better if Rafe gets all self-righteous with Sami, and she reminds him of all the times he was willing to break the law himself.  Jenn Lilley is so gorgeous and she can act circles around most of the younger set on this show.  Casey (JJ) is one of the few that is also a good actor.  If I can't have a Theresa/JJ pairing, a JJ/Gabi redux would be nice.

I am not a fan of Theresa, but, Jennifer Lilley is good actress and drop dead gorgeous.  I am not a big fan of the cheesy movies on Hallmark, but, she is luminous on there. I wish that she would go for mainstream roles in Primetime.   I could see her playing a lawyer on suits, Megan Markle's old show.. The wardrobe on that show is divine. I have never seen so much well-dressed actors in my life.. Wow! 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 7

I kept imagining after Gabi's Soliloquy of Doom that a server would butt in and ask if she is ready to order yet.

But, this is Salem. Residents should be used to people talking to themselves by now. 

• Love 10
18 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Having seen none of the courtroom shenanigans, which sounded really depressing by the way you've all described them, I rather liked how Theresa was written off the show this time. I'm really glad she and JJ kept things platonic because it's so rare on this show to see men and women be friends. I wouldn't put it past the series to have Brady and Jennifer hook up, except that I know where things are headed in the next year thanks to the spoilers. And there's a huge age gap too. But my point is there aren't many opposite-sex friendships on soaps and this is one that may prove really solid in the long run, if the show doesn't go the easy way out and just have them screw each other senseless the next time Theresa's around.

I'm not sure if the sexual/romantic tension that Casey Moss and Jen Lilley were lacing their scenes with was "on the page", but they were certainly selling  it, and I was all in. 

I'll say, I like the idea of well earned platonic male/female friendship in theory on my soap, but being the chemistry whore that I am, if the there is actual UST coming across, I'm all for sacrificing that friendship. For years, Days was my go to for that will they or won't they push pull between their coupes. I mean it was downright masochistic in the 80's. Hell, even when you knew they would, it was still torture getting there. BUT it was some damn good stuff. So, I'm hoping like hell that JL comes back and they do go there. I'd love for Brady to have to try to win her back only to have lost her to JJ.

• Love 12

Days used to be really great with platonic male/female friendships, but that was back when there was an emphasis on that sort of thing.

Jack was a character who was great at it. Jack/Billie,  Jack/Greta initially, and Jack/Sami. I wish someone would of reminded Abby how close Jack and Sami were during her affair with EJ. 

Tony/Billie were another one. I remember a scene Thaoo did with I think Deborah Adair's Kate. She was grilling him about either why he was going to so much trouble backing Billie financially with Countess Willamina, or helping her out with legal troubles. His reply "She is my friend, and I love her". 

The only example we have had of that lately between two heterosexual characters was Rafe and Nicole's friendship. 

Gabi and Sonny are always nice scenes, and we did have that short period where it seemed they were making Paul and Gabi best friends. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, JBC344 said:

Days used to be really great with platonic male/female friendships, but that was back when there was an emphasis on that sort of thing.

Jack was a character who was great at it. Jack/Billie,  Jack/Greta initially, and Jack/Sami. I wish someone would of reminded Abby how close Jack and Sami were during her affair with EJ. 

Tony/Billie were another one. I remember a scene Thaoo did with I think Deborah Adair's Kate. She was grilling him about either why he was going to so much trouble backing Billie financially with Countess Willamina, or helping her out with legal troubles. His reply "She is my friend, and I love her". 

The only example we have had of that lately between two heterosexual characters was Rafe and Nicole's friendship. 

Gabi and Sonny are always nice scenes, and we did have that short period where it seemed they were making Paul and Gabi best friends. 

Jack was also best friends with Isabella.  He broke her out of the sanitarium. They were friends for life.  She left him a special message on a video tape, while everybody got a generic one  in her going away party. She would later die with Brady and John by her side.  The most beautiful death that I have ever seen.  

Marlena and Eugene were best friends. She was his best woman at his wedding and  she gave Sami his name as a middle name. 

Kim and Neil were best friends and he became Andrew's godfather.

Shane and Hope were very close as well.  Bo and Hope married in the chapel in his estate in England. 

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Jack was also best friends with Isabella.  He broke her out of the sanitarium. They were friends for life.  She left him a special message on a video tape, while everybody got a generic one  in her going away party. She would later die with Brady and John by her side.  The most beautiful death that I have ever seen.  

Marlena and Eugene were best friends. She was his best woman at his wedding and  she gave Sami his name as a middle name. 

Kim and Neil were best friends and he became Andrew's godfather.

Shane and Hope were very close as well.  Bo and Hope married in the chapel in his estate in England. 

Isn't it a shame to think that if all those storylines were done today.  Those characters would of all been paired up romantically.  C'mon Days, you have a history of making these platonic friendships work.  It would also solve the "incestuous" problem of 75% of your characters being related.  Seriously, where are your scenes of family members being friends.  Where is the Hope/Jennifer best friends/cousin relationship for the younger generation.  Why aren't Abby and Will best friends?  Sonny/JJ? Eli/Lucas? Theresa/Eric?

• Love 3
11 hours ago, JBC344 said:

Well Sami did say that Jack would be so disappointed in Abby for fooling around with EJ when she reveal the secret to Jennifer. Good times.

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Well Sami did say that Jack would be so disappointed in Abby for fooling around with EJ when she reveal the secret to Jennifer. Good times.

That's right.  I remember it now that you mention it.  Thanks.

• Love 3

I gotta admit that I'm enjoying seeing Abby in turmoil right now. 

I don't believe that JJ would still view Gabi as a good person if he knew what she was doing to his sainted sister.

Oh Victor....I do believe that reporter Jenn is on to you.

Loving Jenn in reporter mode.

• Love 5

I have to say that I'm delighted to see Gabi giving no fucks about how this shit will fall out for Chad.  She didn't specifically target Chad, but she seems to be cool with him being caught in the crossfire. 

• Love 11
49 minutes ago, RachelKM said:

I have to say that I'm delighted to see Gabi giving no fucks about how this shit will fall out for Chad.  She didn't specifically target Chad, but she seems to be cool with him being caught in the crossfire. 

Maybe because Chad gave absolutely no thought to Gabi when he was busy blackmailing Trask to make a deal so Abigail couldn't actually accept responsibility for what she did.  Gabi was still in prison - Abigail ate cookies with grandma.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, mj2000 said:

I don't believe that JJ would still view Gabi as a good person if he knew what she was doing to his sainted sister.

Well he does still think Abigail is a good person even after all she did to Gabi.

• Love 4

I'm not feeling this Gabi. As I stated before, I think I could roll with it if they had skipped this abortion beat. I have absolutely no issue with Abby making an informed choice one way or the other, but this feels extra gross.  Why did they have to add this. It's just unnecessary.

The writing once again let's all the characters involved down. Like it or not, Abby has a mental illness. One that has been used time and again on soaps, but Ron thinks he can use it to absolve his character of any and almost all trespass. Wrong. He then decides to send Gabi to the dark side. So, we have to pile some ridiculous shit on beyond just a murder conviction to give her justification. At this age, Ari would be happy just to have her Mom back home. Plus, now Gabi can't have children. 

Stefan raped Abby. Is that in question? Not to me. So, now they have Gabi sic Abby's rapist on her because she can't guilt Abigail into not having an abortion she put into play. Blech.

The writing sucks so hard.

Also, the scenes between Abby and Sam are utterly devoid of acting chemistry. I don't know if MM just doesn't connect to this part of the material or what. I mean TC had been phoning it in for quite some time on GH, so, even without this mess of a DID rape/ love story, I'm not sure his Stephan would have worked for me. 

It's good to see John Aniston up and moving about instead of just seated.

I like the little detail of the pink sugar on the rim of Gabi's cosmo.

If Stefan tries to press paternity rights, Abigail should have him arrested for rape.

Good question, Vic. If Leo's car just disappeared, how do you know he won't be coming back, Sonny.

Why does Sonny think Titan is squeaky clean? It's owned by Victor.

Aww, poor Abigail has suffered.  Boohoo.

Come On, Paul, don't you even have a clue that Will is acting weird?  Even by his standards?

"I know it like I know my own name."  "Which one?"

Was that the real DNA results that Gabi burned?

• Love 8
2 hours ago, mj2000 said:

yes, she's  much better than when she is in harpy mode or unbelievable love interest for eric. i can actually stomach her and i almost remember how i didn't mind the long ago jennifer and jack stories. 

abby deserves the turmoil after what she did to gabby, mentally ill or not. what i mean is, i can see gabby wanting revenge especially now that she can't have another baby because of what the princess did. 

• Love 3
(edited)

I think that Paul knows about Wilson's secret. He is testing Will's loyalty.  It was weird hearing Paul say that he believes that Sonny is capable of murder.  

Will looks like he is pulling away from Paul.  Paul seems extra clingy and that never helps, it always hurts a relationship. No one likes to feel smothered by their partner. 

Abigail mulling over having an abortion was unnecessary. It was designed to elicit sympathy for Stefan.  He is a fruit loop.

Since Chad is married to Abby, isn't he the legal father of her child,  Can somebody correct me, if I am wrong. I remember reading a case about a guy who had no rights to his biological child because the child's mother had a husband and he was the legal father, even though he had no biological ties to the child.

I loved Jennifer in reporter mode.  

Camilla is so gorgeous.. That hair is divine, so black, thick and shiny...I am team Gabi, I know that she will be pilloried for this. I can only imagine how insufferable, Julie will be.  Lord help us all.  Gabi's scheme will only bolster her narrative that Gabi is the great Satan.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 7

Hate to say it, but I can't really hate Abby here. She did have a mental illness. Hell, it's genetic. Does it suck that Gabi suffered because of it? Sure. Yes. But Abby didn't wake up and decide to screw Gabi over, either.

And the fact that Abby was raped by Stefan legally and morally, I just cannot get on board with Gabi making Abby believe she is carrying her rapist's spawn and trying to get Abby to abort. I get Gabi feels Abby herself is responsible for her plight, but it's more gray. And a part of me wonders if Gabi is still pissy about Chad choosing Abby, which...oh, well? And really, Stefan helped in making Gabi suffer, but in a way, isn't she helping him by making him believe he fathered Abby's kid?

I'm not a huge fan of Abby, but I have to side with her on principle here. So, if/when Gabi is caught, whatever consequences she will face will be of her own making, not Abby's. And if people turn on her, well...it is what it is.

Sings the cheese stands alone as I walk away....

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Hate to say it, but I can't really hate Abby here. She did have a mental illness. Hell, it's genetic. Does it suck that Gabi suffered because of it? Sure. Yes. But Abby didn't wake up and decide to screw Gabi over, either.

And the fact that Abby was raped by Stefan legally and morally, I just cannot get on board with Gabi making Abby believe she is carrying her rapist's spawn and trying to get Abby to abort. I get Gabi feels Abby herself is responsible for her plight, but it's more gray. And a part of me wonders if Gabi is still pissy about Chad choosing Abby, which...oh, well? And really, Stefan helped in making Gabi suffer, but in a way, isn't she helping him by making him believe he fathered Abby's kid?

I'm not a huge fan of Abby, but I have to side with her on principle here. So, if/when Gabi is caught, whatever consequences she will face will be of her own making, not Abby's. And if people turn on her, well...it is what it is.

This is the part that is so uncomfortable. I don't think Gabi expected Abby to abort the child, and right then and there she should have fessed up.  But Gabi is on the revenge train, and I guess she has some mental health issues of her own.  

But, I loathe Abby so I am somewhat enjoying it.  I am very conflicted!

• Love 4
1 minute ago, bannana said:

But, I loathe Abby so I am somewhat enjoying it.  I am very conflicted!

No big deal.  :-)  I know what it is like to uber-hate a character. So enjoy!  :-)  But since I don't feel strongly about either of these two, I guess I can be a tad more objective and don't like the circumstances.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Gabi isn't trying to get Abby to abort.  From what I can tell, she only involved Stefan so that he'd stop her from aborting.

I was a bit thrown by Gabi's plan at first. It seemed odd and not focused on Abby and Stefan as it should be (especially Stefan). But I think I see what's happening now. I don't think Gabi initially intended to target Abby at all. I think she was genuinely trying forgive her and wanted to help her at first. All of her initial plotting soliloquies were about Stefan. That is why she went back to Gabi Chic with DE.

What I gather from Gabi's efforts to get Abby to withhold the "truth" that Stefan is the father from Chad and then her musings about Stefan stopping Abby from getting an abortion is that her plan with the paternity switch was only to mess with Abby's head, not anyone else. She had just gotten the news that she likely will never carry another child and then she sees Abby's test results showing that Abby rolled 7s on the pregnancy/love life front and made a snap decision. Everything she has done since has been largely reactive. She expected to be able to convince Abby to lie and, thus, Chad would never have to think about it and Stefan wouldn't be involved in this at all. But then Abby started saying she had to tell the truth and then that she wanted to terminate, and Gabi adjusted her plan. 

I am uncomfortable with the fact that she is using Abby's rape against her.  But she wasn't trying to get Abby to terminate the pregnancy and didn't initially appear to involve Stefan. 

As for siding with Abby, I cannot.  While I don't think she woke up one morning and decided to mess with Gabi.  I do think that there is a reason that Abby created "Gabby" and patterned her after Gabi in what can only be described as a pretty unflattering way. Gabby mentioned that Abby thinks of Gabi as strong and successful.  But Abby also immediately created her after killing a person and Gabby was a selfish, violent sociopath who assaulted, kidnapped and imprisoned three elderly women and intended to murder them by suffocation.   I think it is fair to say that Abby has some unresolved resentment toward Gabi. 

• Love 11
1 minute ago, RachelKM said:

As for siding with Abby, I cannot.  While I don't think she woke up one morning and decided to mess with Gabi.  I do think that there is a reason that Abby created "Gabby" and patterned her after Gabi in what can only be described as a pretty unflattering way. Gabby mentioned that Abby thinks of Gabi as strong and successful.  But Abby also immediately created her after killing a person

Well, Gabi did kill someone, too. So, maybe that's why? (And wasn't Nick [psycho that he was] Abby's cousin?) Shrug. Either way, seems like a wash.

Chad and Abigail has to have angst or they would be even more boring than they already are.  Had this not been in their way what would they have.  Surely we not supposed to see them banging 24/7 with total happiness.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Well, Gabi did kill someone, too. So, maybe that's why? (And wasn't Nick [psycho that he was] Abby's cousin?) Shrug. Either way, seems like a wash.

And Abby, as Abby, made that point to Gabi.  Which was pretty shitty.  I believe Gabi pointed out, in response, that Abby once tried to burn her tormentor, controlling ex alive.  So they both had uncomfortable histories with violence against people who'd wronged them.

But that is literally my point.  Abby clearly has a lot of feelings about Gabi, not all of them charitable. 

• Love 12
4 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Abigail has never held Nick's death against her. The awesome Nick/Abby relationship was forgotten and jettisoned after Ashley Benson left the role and Kate assumed the role. 

The show has wanted us to see Abigail as a sweet, good girl, but, that left the role, after Ashley left.  Abigail as played by Ashley had the makings of a complex heroine that looked like Jennifer, but, had a lot of traits like Jack.. Abigail had a lot of Jack's obsessive quality, it is why she had such a tight bond with Nick. They got each other with no judgements. 

• Love 4

Frankly, I don't find Abby or Gabi interesting. And the alters didn't help in Abby's case. How a daughter of Jack and Jenn's could be so...blah, I'll never understand. As for Gabi, I find her...there.

None of the current generation, to me, is half as good as the iconic characters and couples from the glory days.

• Love 3
42 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

None of the current generation, to me, is half as good as the iconic characters and couples from the glory days.

I blame the writers for never developing the legacy children properly to drive stories like their parents. The only legacy child that has been developed was Sami.  

• Love 1
3 hours ago, RachelKM said:

I love it too because Chad is also in his own revenge mode to the point he is willing to destroy Titan if it means he can make Stefan suffer.  Chad being collateral damage in Gabi's revenge plot doesn't other me one iota.

1 hour ago, RachelKM said:

And Abby, as Abby, made that point to Gabi.  Which was pretty shitty.  I believe Gabi pointed out, in response, that Abby once tried to burn her tormentor, controlling ex alive.  So they both had uncomfortable histories with violence against people who'd wronged them.

But that is literally my point.  Abby clearly has a lot of feelings about Gabi, not all of them charitable. 

This is so true--I remember Dr. Laura mentioning that Gabi doesn't have a moral compass, so that's why Gabby was created so Abs can do whatever she wants.  I don't have words for that twisted logic.

On today's episode, I loved watching Jenn in reporter mode, getting to the bottom of the story and forcing the civil servant weanie to fold like a cheap suit.  And Victor's phone call at the end of the show was rather cool.  Turns out your frame up isn't as tight as you thought it was, eh Vic :):)

I liked how Will immediately leapt to Sonny's defense--the "What the hell does that mean?" was filled with righteous indignation at Sonny's simply being grouped as a Kiriakis--and I guess Paul's thinking Sonny paid Leo off is better then thinking Sonny put a hit out on the blackmailer.  An accidental death pales in comparison to all of these other  options :)

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Since Chad is married to Abby, isn't he the legal father of her child,  Can somebody correct me, if I am wrong. I remember reading a case about a guy who had no rights to his biological child because the child's mother had a husband and he was the legal father, even though he had no biological ties to the child.

It's complicated, so let's address Chad/Abby/Stefan specifically. If Stefan chose to do nothing, Chad's name would indeed be put on the birth certificate as the father and he would be the legal father.

But if Stefan demanded a paternity test, Chad and Abby could refuse. Stefan would have to petition the court, and Chad and Abby would have a good chance of being able to rebut the demand by reason of being in an intact marriage, which is legally granted a lot of protections. The court cares more about a stable family unit, continuity for the child, than anything else - that's the reason a woman's husband is named the legal father barring any complications. Stefan does have a better chance with a baby, could maybe get lucky with a judge who might decide that it is in the baby's best interests to allow the paternity test. The longer Stefan were to wait to try to establish paternity, the increasingly less likely the court would be to allow this since the child will have spent so much time with Chad as his/her father. The passing of time also makes the status of Chad and Abby's relationship less important - if the child were, say, 6, Chad and Abby could be divorced and still have a good chance of being able to keep Chad as the legal father even though there's no longer a marriage to protect. (This is also why the law doesn't let men who for some time have been the legal but not biological fathers of their wife's children challenge paternity in order to deestablish themselves as the legal father, even if they've divorced the mother. Depending on the state, they have maybe two years from the time of the child's birth to challenge paternity in order to deestablish themselves as the legal father, and after that, they can't.)

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, Black Knight said:

It's complicated, so let's address Chad/Abby/Stefan specifically. If Stefan chose to do nothing, Chad's name would indeed be put on the birth certificate as the father and he would be the legal father.

But if Stefan demanded a paternity test, Chad and Abby could refuse. Stefan would have to petition the court, and Chad and Abby would have a good chance of being able to rebut the demand by reason of being in an intact marriage, which is legally granted a lot of protections. The court cares more about a stable family unit, continuity for the child, than anything else - that's the reason a woman's husband is named the legal father barring any complications. Stefan does have a better chance with a baby, could maybe get lucky with a judge who might decide that it is in the baby's best interests to allow the paternity test. The longer Stefan were to wait to try to establish paternity, the increasingly less likely the court would be to allow this since the child will have spent so much time with Chad as his/her father. The passing of time also makes the status of Chad and Abby's relationship less important - if the child were, say, 6, Chad and Abby could be divorced and still have a good chance of being able to keep Chad as the legal father even though there's no longer a marriage to protect. (This is also why the law doesn't let men who for some time have been the legal but not biological fathers of their wife's children challenge paternity in order to deestablish themselves as the legal father, even if they've divorced the mother. Depending on the state, they have maybe two years from the time of the child's birth to challenge paternity in order to deestablish themselves as the legal father, and after that, they can't.)

Thank you so much!

• Love 1
4 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

You're not alone. I like both characters, for the most part, and I don't enjoy this because I think it's going to place with Gabi I resent.  See, I don't think that Gabi's motivation was to hurt Chad, too, now. She was just going to try and convince Abby to live with this lie forever, basically to fuck with the mind of a woman prone to mental instability. She didn't think Abby would want to fess up, or abort the baby. So, Chad would never be affected. Which also means Stefan wasn't a particular target in this. She only told him so he could maybe, big maybe, talk Abby out of it. Let the woman's rapist beg, shame, or threaten her into keeping it. Nice. 

So, if neither men were the particular target, then it was only Abby. Why just her? Maybe she has a different plan set to go for Stefan, I don't know, but as of right now, it seems she's pretty focused on Abby. 

So many characters on this show do shady stuff. Hell, even their legendary heroine, Hope, is a dang murderer, and I'll be honest, I didn't give a damn she killed Stefano. He was an evil bastard of a character twenty times over.  So, I'm open to good Salemites pushed too far, but this, and I know I'm banging the hell out of this drum, this rapist/ paternity revenge? It just ain't right to me. 

• Love 6

Gabi, your plan and plot may be inspired, but it will eventually go bust.  You also should not be burning the test results in a public place. Someone will eventually find an unburned paper fragment. Abigail is prone to mental illness and she should be in treatment for it for the rest of her life. It should be up to her and Chad to get a paternity test. She was ill at the time. Then they decide what to do. Not up to you. I get that Abs saw you as someone who doesn't have a moral compass - you weren't raised as a prim and proper Horton. However, Gabi is someone who emotes and expresses. Abs was shut down for a lot of her life until basically she pursued EJ. That needs to be brought up - Austin, EJ, her setting Ben on fire. Most people would have to face some consequence for those actions, but not her.

I did like seeing Jenn in feisty reporter mode - Victor's and Eve's plan will come crumbling down - both JJ and Brady were collateral damage. JJ should get his job back.

Will, nice of you to tell Sonny that there is a problem. Maggie is still going to wonder what happened to her rug. Surprised that Leo's family hasn't put out a missing persons report or anything. Some folks do disappear but this just seems.... odd.... when he was so close to his perceived payday for his scam.

• Love 5

Awe, it was sad for me to see Theresa go. She is so compelling to watch and I find myself rooting for her and for her and JJ.  Meanwhile Chad and this current Abby are about as compelling as watching paint dry.  Chad's stuttering and Abby's poor precious princess is annoying to watch.  Chad seems to actually come alive a little when Sonny comes around. Maybe Chad should have a fling with Sonny.  Has a soap every had a bisexual character or a story line where a man cheats on his wife with another man?  I will admit being a fan of Kate Mansi's Abby.  Abby was more lively and fun when Kate played her and I am looking forward to Kate's return.  This Abby is just so lifeless and boring.  It pissed me off that Ben got thrown under the bus to prop up Chabby though.  My sis says Ben and Gabi should scheme together and get revenge on them but I like Ben out of the Chabby orb.  I actually hope we get to see Ben again soon. I need my Ben fix.  I love that he called Ciara and that Ciara was able to help him stay calm while Hope was trying to harass him into a breakdown. 

To answer the above poster's question.  My bro slept with a married woman and she then got pregnant.  He went to court to get a paternity test because if the child was his, he wanted to be in his child's life and pay to support his child.  The woman and her husband tried to fight him but the Judge ruled in my bro's favor because the judge did not feel it was in the best interest of the child to be potentially denied his own father.  They had the test done and my bro is the dad.  He had to go back to court to fight for visitation because the woman had no problem taking his money to support their child but didn't want  him to be a part of their child's life.  She wanted their child to think her husband was his dad.  My bro did win visitation rights but he really had to fight hard for it.  His son knows that my bro is his dad and they see each other regularly. 

Go Gabi!  I am enjoying her revenge for as long as it lasts.  Now if only she or someone else can spring a little revenge on Eve, that would be delicious. 

Rafe and Hope should be fired from their jobs for harassment, denying Ben his rights, and because their is a huge conflict of interest here. 

• Love 7

I'm actually liking the pace of the show lately - most of the story lines are moving and resolving at a rate that doesn't bore to tears. 

Not at all a fan of the Gabi's revenge sl, and not looking forward to her "poor me" whining when it comes back to bite her, like we know it will. 

(edited)

I thought maybe Gabi's plan was to have Abigail tell Chad he's the father and then later let him know that he really isn't and that Abigail lied to him, which I thought would be hilarious lol. But since she burned the original results, I guess she just wants to make Abigail suffer forever thinking she's having her rapist's child and lying to her husband. Cold. I love it! I think she has a seperate plan for Stefan that involves his businesses or whatever. It seems like initially she was just going to go after Stefan, but then after finding out she can't have kids and that, once again, Abigail gets the perfect life after all the shit she's pulled, she snapped on Abigail too and, thus, this new 'fuck Abigail!' plan was born.

This story will all end with everyone telling Gabi she's a demon while comforting Abigail though, so all will be well for anyone who doesn't like what Gabi's doing.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 10
4 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I thought maybe Gabi's plan was to have Abigail tell Chad he's the father and then later let him know that he really isn't and that Abigail lied to him, which I thought would be hilarious lol. But since she burned the original results, I guess she just wants to make Abigail suffer forever thinking she's having her rapist's child and lying to her husband. Cold. I love it! I think she has a seperate plan for Stefan that involves his businesses or whatever. It seems like initially she was just going to go after Stefan, but then after finding out she can't have kids and that, once again, Abigail gets the perfect life after all the shit she's pulled, she snapped on Abigail too and, thus, this new 'fuck Abigail!' plan was born.

This story will all end with everyone telling Gabi she's a demon while comforting Abigail though, so all will be well for anyone who doesn't like what Gabi's doing.

I usually don't root for the villainess going after the heroine.  However, I don't consider Abigail a heroine. I am team Gabi all the way...Gaby has paid for her crimes, what has Abigail ever paid for.. She now has the DID card to forever absolve her of any future crimes that she may commit.. I am sorry, I did not mean to do it, my alter did it..

• Love 13
15 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

And the fact that Abby was raped by Stefan legally and morally,

She sure was, and yet Show seems to be trying to have it both ways.  I'm not buying what they're selling and frankly, it's putting me off this storyline.  This isn't a "he said, she said" situation, we SAW what went on.  Just because the rapist, Stefan O. is so morally bankrupt and delusional doesn't change what he did.

Ron C. plays fast and loose with this subject, at least he did on OLTL and he's doing the same here.  A baby doesn't change what happened.  

Abby's unstable, Stefan O. is nuttier than a fruitcake and Gabi has been driven to the edge by the shit she's been put through by Abby's bizarre mental state.  I don't blame her for what she's doing, considering what drove her there.  

Sanity isn't a usual state within the Salem town limits, apparently.

• Love 15
(edited)

I at least appreciate that Abigail has said, more than once, to Stefan O. that it was rape.  Jessica never ever got that with fuckin' Ford on OLTL.  She even apologized TO HIM when he kidnapped her from her dying father's hospital room and tried to force her DID alter back out.  #fuckinford

In other news, why does Stefan O. still have scratches on his face?  Didn't Gabi have a broken arm that's already healed lol?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 10

My favorite aspect of the Ciara/Ben storyline continues to be how Ciara supporting Ben is making Hope and Rafe miserable.  Her hiring Ted and then Ted dragging Hope and Rafe was beyond delicious.

• Love 14

I could be WAY off base here but I keep hoping Ted is a sign that the writing for this show is going to get better.  He's pretty much called out every single person he's come in to contact with.  Eve, you married men for money and scammed them.  Brady, you have a history of drug abuse just as bad (if not worse) than Theresa's.  Also, you have a history of going on the run with children and setting people up for crimes they did not commit.  Rafe and Hope - you have a LONG history of not only covering up crimes, but planting evidence to frame someone else.  (Love Rafe's blustery "Accusations against the commissioner are treated very seriously" while her daughter gets to hear what a stand up person Mom is.)  Is he here to expose the dark underbelly of Salem so that people can all stop riding around on their very high horses and start interacting like normal people again?  If so, would love to see a few more revelations!

• Love 16