Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

38 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Grooming sounds very bad. That is what abusers do their victim.  We all see things differently. Will chose to get in a relationship with Sonny without dating other people first. That was his choice. Sonny is not responsible for that. 

Well said.  Sonny was no predator with Will, ever, at any point.  Supportive, maybe too much so sometimes, and I personally never would get involved with someone newly out because it rarely ends well for either party but Sonny didn't prey on Will.  

If anything, Will was drawn to the security he thought Sonny would, and did provide for him as he navigated embracing his true self.  Some people are drawn to that kind of need and others aren't but that doesn't make them predators.

• Love 9
(edited)
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

Grooming sounds very bad. That is what abusers do their victim.  We all see things differently. Will chose to get in a relationship with Sonny without dating other people first. That was his choice. Sonny is not responsible for that. It was probably foolish for Sonny to get into a relationship with Will. That was also his choice, as well. His mother Adrienne warned him about rushing it with Will. She even used her own marriage to Justin, as an example. She also married young and had children very fast. Adrienne was not even 25 and was already a mother of 4.  It is probably why infidelities were always a part of her marriage to Justin.  I never saw it as Sonny taking advantage of Will.  No one has ever said that Bo groomed Hope to be his wife. She lost her virginity to Bo and married him.. Bo was the only man that she had ever been with, before she died.. 

The cheating IMO had more to do with the insecurities Will had in general and the subtle ways Sonny encouraged his insecurities and chipped away at his self-esteem throughout their marriage. "Grooming" is very accurate, the relationships you listed are all heterosexual relationships, it's different for people in LGBT community. Sure, Will being young played a BIG part too but it has more to do with Will discovering himself. Will spent literally his whole life hiding who he was from himself, his friends and his family. He finally accepted who he was and was rushed into a relationship. Every time pushed back, Sonny just found subtle ways to control him, by making Will feel guilty and that the whole thing was his fault. It was a emotionally abusive relationship. This is where my issue lies with the relationship too, as far as the story goes Sonny was interested in Will when he first met him and the pier and according to Sonny, already knew Will was gay at that point so he went after him. The tin scenes were the worst and reinforced the creepy way Sonny went after Will. Their marriage was a train wreck and even how the writing is for them now, aside from Will it makes me think that this isn't their long term plan for Will anymore. Sonny always had ulterior motives when it came to Will, he wanted Will even back in the cheating era, so no one else could have him. He strung Paul along while pretending to want to work out his marriage, when he wasn't. Now he wants Will again, because once again Will is unattainable- he's a "prize" to be won again and I have no doubt if and when they put them back together Sonny will go back to acting cold towards him and making him insecure, because he "won" again. I can't see Will staying in the relationship this time, he's older and more mature now. If he doesn't end up cheating again first. 

Edited by betweenthelines
(edited)

Will chose to get in a relationship with Sonny without dating other people first. That was his choice. Sonny is not responsible for that.

Yeah, I'd agree. 

But I do have to ask, because I wasn't watching a ton during their initial courtship, did Sonny ever express concern about Will never having been with another guy?  Because with Kyle and Fish on OLTL (yes I'm talking about them again, sue me!), when Fish first came out and approached Kyle about wanting him back, Kyle expressed concern about him being "brand new" and that he should go out to a gay bar and experience all that was out there.  Sure, Kyle was with Nick then and kinda not wanting to go there with Fish again because he was wary of being hurt (that conversation also brought up the idea that Fish might flee back into the closet if his parents got sick or things went bad at work), but the writing at least brought up the concern.

Somewhat relatedly, I also hope, if and when Will and Sonny get back together, they acknowledge that they maybe got married too young and too fast (because I still think that was more about the show wanting to plant that flag versus it making sense for the characters) and take their renewed relationship very, verrry slow.  No rushing back down the aisle, please. 

But the way Sonny was talking yesterday, he'd want to jump right back to the husbandly happily ever after like nothing happened - not just Will's "death", memory loss, and relationship with Paul, but their schism in the months before Will's "death" - and that is not healthy IMO.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4
(edited)

I completely disagree. That was my point. It was an emotionally abusive relationship, imo and grooming isn't harsh for that situation. (my opinion)

Bo/Hope was written differently. Apples and Oranges.

And again...all our mileages differ. I won't be watching the WilSon stuff. I'll read the recaps but I just can't. Sonny is despicable as written now and I can't even with his ownership and need to possess Will. Because that's how it's written...his entitlement to possess Will as his partner. 

Edited by swtrgrl
  • Love 1
(edited)

In completely other news, is someone going to mention to Eve that her daughter's killer is out of jail?  Might give her something else to do besides be needlessly bitchy to Theresa.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 14

Holy crap but Ben's scenes were insane today--you could see the agony on his face as he remembered Abby giving birth, killing Wendy, almost killing Chad, and MM's brief flashbacks were more effective then the whole two weeks Mansi took playing those scenes.

Does everyone feel better knowing Miss Lani Price has not only forgiven Valerie but that she is also dispensing such wise wisdom to Claire?  I didn't think so.  And Lani frightens me with how easily she lies to people's faces--she could have smiled sympathetically at Claire and told her she knew about her and Theo's break up instead of looking right at Claire and saying she hadn't heard anything.

I like Tripp and Claire and good for them for hating that they hurt Ciara but I need the guilt trips to stop.  Ciara could have just as easily chosen to listen to them instead of running off--that was her choice.

• Love 11
9 hours ago, tribeca said:

It’s totally out of character for Eric not to be there for Teresa.   Jens a bad influence on him.   I do remember him sticking up for his sister with Jennifer.   It was their first fight.  

Count me as shocked that he took Sami's part one time.  He certainly didn't when she told Eric  Jennifer's bimbo daughter was banging her man.  Eric could not take Abigail's side quick enough.

• Love 3

Fucking fuck me that Sami is obviously gonna be pregnant with Rafe's child. What is the point? Stupid.

The Ben scenes were fantastic.

I wish Tripp and Claire would just cut their losses and move on from Ciara tbh. She's not worth it! And I hate Claire!

• Love 6
(edited)
31 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Fucking fuck me that Sami is obviously gonna be pregnant with Rafe's child. What is the point? Stupid.

The Ben scenes were fantastic.

I wish Tripp and Claire would just cut their losses and move on from Ciara tbh. She's not worth it! And I hate Claire!

So, Sami will have 5 kids with 3 different men. Yet, her sisters, Belle and Carrie, each has one child with their husbands.  Eric is still childless.  Sami does need anymore kids.  Don't women in Salem use birth control? 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 6
37 minutes ago, pianogirl73 said:

How old is Sami supposed to be? Isn't she a little old to be having a baby?

Marlena got pregnant when she was at least a decade older than Sami would be right now (40-41).

• Love 2
1 hour ago, pianogirl73 said:

How old is Sami supposed to be? Isn't she a little old to be having a baby?

No idea about the character Sami's age, but I think Ali will be 40 this year, give or take. Older, yes. But not out of the realm of having a baby. And Sami did start young, at 15.

If, if, if Sami must procreate with Rafe (UGH!), can he leave when Sami does and they can raise Pointless Child in Timbuktu?

• Love 5

So, Sami will have 5 kids with 3 different men. Yet, her sisters, Belle and Carrie, each has one child with their husbands.  Eric is still childless.  Sami does need anymore kids.  Don't women in Salem use birth control? 

Six if you count Grace.  Please don't have Sami show up pregnant.  Ali isn't coming back even as recurring and Galen isn't leaving the show so there is no benefit plot wise for Rafe and Sami to have a child together.  I hope (no pun intended) that all the Rafe "no kids talk", isn't foreshadowing.  Or if it is a plot point please leave Sami out of it. 

Now I could totally see TPTB doing a fake out with Sami pregnant and everyone assuming that it is Rafe's, only to be revealed that her and EJ froze sperm and "they" are having another child.  Now I wouldn't want that either but it certainly would be better than her having a baby with Rafe.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Both partners have the option of birth control.  Maybe a few more men should wrap that thing up.

• Love 18

Ali may not want to return to the show full time, but that doesn't mean Corday hasn't given up on getting her to return.  For years, Sami, Kate and Nicole were the go to characters for causing trouble.  They could have Sami and Rafe have a child, but not get back together.  Rafe's son or daughter could visit like Allie does with Lucas and Kate, and Johnny and Sydney could visit Uncle Chad.  Sami having so many children could actually make for good stories, unfortunately, I can see the writers being lazy and simply writing the line "She/he is just like Sami."

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Mama No Life said:

Both partners have the option of birth control.  Maybe a few more men should wrap that thing up.

That goes without saying. I was just annoyed that once again, Rafe is going to be tied, further into the show, via a child, by Sami. I hope that we are just speculating and that the anvils were red herrings..

• Love 4

Not another Rafe and kids mention. The anvil or fake anvil sounds like it will drop soon. I do remember the mini FBI jacket.

Lani is now friends with Valerie?

Enjoyed Ben's scenes and memories (with the Abigail scenes re-shot). The actor is doing a really good job.

Surely someone driving by the wrecked motorcycle would have called the cops already.

• Love 6

All this talk about Rafe and kids, well, I did a little sleuthing and found out that YES, Rafe does find out he has a child.  I managed to snag a little snip of Rafe first meeting his bouncing, baby boy....

giphy.gif

Snif......ain't it wunnerful??

• Love 8

the flashback stuff was pretty good, but where was Ciara riding (and wiping out) and Ben walking that he carries her to a cabin "out in the middle of nowhere"? wouldn't they both have been on a main road? also, I thought the Horton cabin was where this all went down, that's how whoever saved them (I forget who) knew where to find them, but that was not the same place where Hope and Rafe got married a few months back 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

Ali may not want to return to the show full time, but that doesn't mean Corday hasn't given up on getting her to return.  For years, Sami, Kate and Nicole were the go to characters for causing trouble.  They could have Sami and Rafe have a child, but not get back together.  Rafe's son or daughter could visit like Allie does with Lucas and Kate, and Johnny and Sydney could visit Uncle Chad.  Sami having so many children could actually make for good stories, unfortunately, I can see the writers being lazy and simply writing the line "She/he is just like Sami."

The problem is that there doesn't seem to be much of a story if the key players, Sami and a baby, aren't on the show.  Sami coming back to town revealing that she is pregnant, leaving a week later, and raising a baby off the show with a character that is not that interesting to begin with doesn't a compelling story make.

Ron may very well want Allison to return but giving her a baby with Rafe, I don't think is the ticket. 

Now if the show announced that Allison was coming back for at least 9 months to a year, with the hope that she would commit to recurring, then I would understand doing a baby storyline, but these two week stints every two years is really not enough to start a "surprise baby storyline".

I really do hope this is not where things are headed.

• Love 5
(edited)
On 6/11/2018 at 3:31 PM, TeeVee329 said:

Sonny making Will possibly getting his memories back all about himself, because he needs a win, was yuck-o.

I was expecting worse by the time I got to watch the episode. Honestly, I thought that Sonny's response was little more measured than that. He didn't crow about "Super -- now we can get back together!" in front of Paul and Will, and he did tell Will that he wanted Will to be happy and that he knew that getting those memories back was important to Will. His conversation with JJ didn't seem that different from the soapy usual: the character still carrying a torch will often express hopes of restoration, even if the newly not-dead, about-to-be-non-amnesiac beloved isn't in the same place.

I did love the face that Paul made when Sonny turned up at the door. What's the Japanese for "Oy gevalt"?

Oh, also: BOllie is a kidnapper!

Edited by Sandman
Called it!
  • Love 6
11 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Enjoyed Ben's scenes and memories (with the Abigail scenes re-shot). The actor is doing a really good job.

I thought they were good too.  I did, however, miss Ben's wonderfully delivered "bye mama" line from the original version.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, buffynut said:

I thought they were good too.  I did, however, miss Ben's wonderfully delivered "bye mama" line from the original version.

Ben killing Will and laying down next to him and cried was chilling.. 

I really don't know how Ron intends to redeem him, effectively. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

I should find the original Ben scenes because I wasn't watching at the time. Does anyone know if they're on youtube?

There was a purge of the shows. So many playlists were wiped out. They may be hard to find.  So, some people have made them private, even those have gotten erased as well.  

• Love 1

The Brady/Eric scenes were well done and I loved Brady's line: "Blood is thicker then water, especially Brady blood."  I liked Eric's showing Theresa some support and understanding and good for him for asking Brady to give Theresa a chance to show that she is still the great woman he once loved.  Now, the Theresa we have right now is kind of annoyingly desperate, but I hope she calms down soon.

I'm actually surprised that Brady is still holding onto his anger at Eric over the whole Nicole situation.  If Brady is so happy with Eve and Eric and Jenn are together, why is Brady still holding a grudge?

Thus far, not impressed by the Ben/Ciara scenes.  Ben is hitting all the right notes of looking resigned and angsty over his horrible life choices, and Ciara...just looks petulant.

I did like Rafe's pointing out that dear sweet Abs was the one who actually killed Andre and Julie was quick to cluck out that Abby is mentally ill--just like dear sweet Nick--so they apparently are absolved of all guilt.  Forget about Brady blood, lets talk about Horton accountability because that doesn't actually exist in Salem.

• Love 5

I was really drawn into the Ben/Ciara scenes today.  The actor(Robert?) is very convincing as a creepy guy, he may talk about being 'cured", but he is still acting weird & creepy....I like the way he speaks to Ciara & looks at her, its all very menacing....I would be like Ciara and be scared of what he is going to do to me,  I thought the actress was doing a good job of expressing how scared she was & that she was in pain.   The scene in the cabin had the right atmosphere...kudos to the director for those scenes(just mho)

• Love 6
2 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I'm actually surprised that Brady is still holding onto his anger at Eric over the whole Nicole situation.  If Brady is so happy with Eve and Eric and Jenn are together, why is Brady still holding a grudge?

I am not surprised at all. I don't think "If ... then why ..." logic can be applied to Bonehead Black. Brady blood may be thicker than water, but nothing is thicker than Brady's head.

Brady is still holding a grudge because that's who Brady is. If we take away rage, entitlement and self-pity, what's left? Stubble and crumbs of Roquefort?

• Love 9
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Sandman said:

I am not surprised at all. I don't think "If ... then why ..." logic can be applied to Bonehead Black. Brady blood may be thicker than water, but nothing is thicker than Brady's head.

Brady is still holding a grudge because that's who Brady is. If we take away rage, entitlement and self-pity, what's left? Stubble and crumbs of Roquefort?

I used to defend Brady on here because I loved his mother Isabella. Now, I cannot stand him.. His treatment of Theresa, a character, that I don't like, was the last straw for me.  He needs to go. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4
(edited)

"You guys couldn't keep your clothes on till you made it to the bedroom"? that's the exact question I asked.

stfu, Julie.

Ugh, I hate Brady.

Ciara was an intern at a mental hospital?  Somehow I don't think so.

They put out an APB on an adult woman because she's been missing one night?

I'm wondering if Claire's self-reflection is going to last.

Man, Casey  and Jen are so good together.

Hope just found out Ciara is missing.  It's not like she's been starving herself.

Edited by Silver Raven
  • Love 8
16 hours ago, JBC344 said:

The problem is that there doesn't seem to be much of a story if the key players, Sami and a baby, aren't on the show.  Sami coming back to town revealing that she is pregnant, leaving a week later, and raising a baby off the show with a character that is not that interesting to begin with doesn't a compelling story make.

That's never stopped them before.

18 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

That goes without saying. I was just annoyed that once again, Rafe is going to be tied, further into the show, via a child, by Sami. I hope that we are just speculating and that the anvils were red herrings..

I think that is exactly why they might do this.  They've been trying to make Rafe relevant since he first showed up, but Sami was the character that drove all those storylines.

4 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Because Brady is a selfish jackass, and to stupid to live.

• Love 6
(edited)
4 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

There was a purge of the shows. So many playlists were wiped out. They may be hard to find.  So, some people have made them private, even those have gotten erased as well.  

Well, damn. Too bad.

I loved the Ben/Ciara scenes. And, against my better judgement, I am kind interested in them and how their relationship might progress. I thought the actress playing Ciara was the best she's ever been in those scenes. The Ben actor continues to impress me. But also lol at that "You're kinda heavy" line. I was rolling.

JJ and Theresa are great together. Ugh, why can't they just let her give up on Brady? Her being so desperate for him makes me hate her, but the chem between CM and JL is really fun so I wanna like her. Dammit!

Eve's outfit today was fucking amazing. Too bad they've ruined her.

I loled so hard at Claire saying she could take over as the face of Bella if Ciara's too broken up. I mean damn girl!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 13
40 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Well, damn. Too bad.

I loved the Ben/Ciara scenes. And, against my better judgement, I am kind interested in them and how their relationship might progress. I thought the actress playing Ciara was the best she's ever been in those scenes. The Ben actor continues to impress me. But also lol at that "You're kinda heavy" line. I was rolling.

JJ and Theresa are great together. Ugh, why can't they just let her give up on Brady? Her being so desperate for him makes me hate her, but the chem between CM and JL is really fun so I wanna like her. Dammit!

Eve's outfit today was fucking amazing. Too bad they've ruined her.

I loled so hard at Claire saying she could take over as the face of Bella if Ciara's too broken up. I mean damn girl!

People on here dislike Ciara and I get it, she is a Horton princess that grates, but, Claire is a piece of work...She is an opportunist of the worst kind..

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

Ciara was an intern at a mental hospital?  Somehow I don't think so.

She was working at a mental hospital for a short while.  Chase was a patient there.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I did like Rafe's pointing out that dear sweet Abs was the one who actually killed Andre and Julie was quick to cluck out that Abby is mentally ill--just like dear sweet Nick--so they apparently are absolved of all guilt.  Forget about Brady blood, lets talk about Horton accountability because that doesn't actually exist in Salem.

I cannot wait until Julie finds out that Ciara is spending time with recently released murderer who also was mentally ill, got treatment and was released. I cannot wait to hear her say Ben’s mental illness shouldn’t be excused for his behavior especially since his childhood trauma and abuse was greater than Abby’s.

• Love 11
(edited)
3 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

People on here dislike Ciara and I get it, she is a Horton princess that grates, but, Claire is a piece of work...She is an opportunist of the worst kind..

I think we can all agree,that neither Ciara or Claire is any type of a prize but I find myself defending Claire more and giving her a chance because she's not getting the overly praised Horton Princess treatment that Ciara' getting.  There are times that Claire shows glimpses of wanting to improve--of course trying to be the face of Bella again while she knows Ciara is having a difficult time is not one of those glimpses but I still see glimmers of potential :):)

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 8

Count me with the viewers who think Casey Moss(JJ) and Jen Lilley(Theresa) have great chemistry...their back & forth & teasing was so cute.  Theresa needs to realize how stupid & arrogant & controlling Brady is...   

• Love 17

I really enjoyed Theresa and JJ today.  Honestly, I even liked their scenes just before JL left.  I cannot stand Theresa with Brady.  Largely, it's because of all the crap she did to him and the fact that she was rewarded for manipulating, extorting, and lying her way back into his life.  

It seems a little hypocritical for me to enjoy Theresa and JJ when she did so much to him.  But time and maturity, at least on JJ's part, allows me to enjoy them.  I would 100% ship them if JL were long-term.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

intern is a medical doctor.

That is one definition of an intern.  I said she was "working" at the hospital.   The definition that fit Ciara is a student or trainee who works, sometimes without pay, at a trade or occupation in order to gain work experience.

• Love 3

Theresa, look at JJ. He isn't as rich as Brady, but he can offer you a lot more.

The Bella new face thing is stupid. Not the same as things were in say the 80s - with Instagram, this sort of contest seems old-fashioned. Of course Claire would take over the winner's spot. She is lucky that she wasn't facing charges of any sort for hacking the votes.

Hope and Rafe? Yawn.

Did like the Ciara and Ben scenes. Maybe he can be redeemed to a point. Til he gets the killing itch again.

• Love 7
(edited)

I thought the Ciara/Ben scenes were good. and it is super hilarious to me how Ben keeps talking about how Sami's insane murder reenactment plot made him sane, but I'm always leery when soaps make a push on couples out of the gate like this.

And yes, Theresa, jump on JJ because Brady is such a tool.

Ben mentioned Jordan...what happened to her again?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 8
20 hours ago, Chick2Chic said:

Maybe Sami being pregnant anvils are red herrings and it is really going to be a story about Rafe shooting blanks & how he deals with that information.

Wouldn't that be a more-or-less explicit acknowledgment of the character's age and stage of life? I can't see the show actually dealing with the idea of aging in any kind of mature (ha!) or nuanced (hahahaha!) way. Or maybe some other "mysterious" (snrkk!) ailment could be blamed for the fact that Shut Up, Rafe's wedding tackle might be found to be as empty as his head.

42 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Ben mentioned Jordan...what happened to her again?

She was so boring she faded from sight. Possibly I don't have all the details, though.

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, plurie said:

She found out Rafe was cheating on her, so she dumped him and left town.

Plus, the show never really knew what to do with her. Her backstory was changed multiple times. She was supposed to have been a battered woman fleeing her abusive husband, it was supposed to mirror that Julia Roberts movie, where she played a battered wife that faked her death, to get away from her husband. The name of that movie escapes me..

I think that the actress should have played a recast Cassie or Jan Spears...

• Love 1
(edited)

Brady and Eve are so awful and smug and the worst.  And Eve saying she always knew Theresa was a slut?  Girl, check yourself.  I want Theresa to wipe them off the planet.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 13