Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

This is the third day in a row where Ciara was the center of attention--Tripp and Claire talked about her, Hope and Kayla talked about her, and then Tripp and Steve talked about her-- and I just can't take anymore.  Ciara is not that interesting or compelling as a character or actress to warrant this much screentime and I doubt I was supposed to laugh at her while she laid on the ground and had her pity party of weird fantasies, but alas, I did.  What, Abby is off for a couple of weeks so the show needs to focus on the second Horton Princess who can do no wrong?  No, just no.

I did like the mention of Kayla's losing her hearing and Steve's helped her through it--I remember them signing the words to the song "The Rose" to each other, man that was great storytelling.

Who was it Steve was talking to about checking on Theresa, Shane or Kim?  The mention of LA traffic was a nice touch :)

I liked Chad's standing in front of Will, his determination to protect his friend was rather lovely.  Course Ben made me cheer when he casually threw Abby's cheating on him with Chad right back at Chad--I love the man but he needs to admit that Abs isn't above running around on her significant other.

Wow I didn’t know they did sign language ... well I watched one footage on YT on where Kayla was angry about the edit of the conversation. No Rose but it’s enough for me to consider it more of Signing Exact English than legit ASL conversation. It’s why we don’t use SEE because it waste our time by spending more time on every word spoken/signed when ASL is faster and more efficient use of face expression & physical space. 

• Love 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, Harmony233 said:

What's up with the sexual tension between will and Ben lol.

2 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I noticed it too. I didn't want to be the first one to say it..lol

Thirded.

I loved all the scenes with Ben. I mean sure Chad made some good points, but also I loved Ben bringing up Abigail cheating with Chad. I liked/found it interesting that Will was obviously kinda considering that Ben might really be changing. I can't decide if I want Ben to be telling the truth or for him to be faking this whole thing and he's actually still psycho. 

Ugh, I wish Ciara was played by a more compelling actress because this shit would be right up my alley. 

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 6

"Murderers in Salem don't go to prison." Been watching the show have you, Stefan? And then later, "Nobody here ever goes to prison."

Wow, they mentioned Wendy.

"What's going on here? Uh, what's it look like, Marlena?

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Silver Raven said:

"Murderers in Salem don't go to prison." Been watching the show have you, Stefan? And then later, "Nobody here ever goes to prison."

I forgot about that. I loved it. I enjoyed Stefan a lot today tbh.

• Love 8
(edited)

I'm sorry, but the idea that Ben would visit his murder victim directly after being sprung from the booby hatch is so stupid I can't even talk about it, even if the state of being murdered was somehow weirdly temporary in Will's case. ("I just wanted you to be the first to know that I was back" -- WTF is that??) There's no reason to write such a contrived scene in the first place. It's clear that Ron lurves him some Robert S. Wilson, but does the show really have to keep worming BOllie back into the show in increasingly ridiculous ways?

Just STOP.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 5

Ben, what were you thinking in that your first social call back to Salem is visiting one of your not so dead victims? The semi-but-not-dead-dead kind. You and Will did have some chemistry - maybe there is a bizarre romance brewing.  And the mental hospital lets you out just like that? Just like Abigail? Interesting that he stumbled on to Ciara? Chad can't be that far away if he just conveniently got dropped off like that. And no one noticed the motorcycle tracks on the road?

Kayla, you certainly have more on Kate than you told Stefan. The eye is important. The Theo thing just won't cut it.

Tripp, you are not responsible for Ciara or her circumstances. She chose to not tell you until she had to. Wasn't your business, really.

The Salem jails seem pretty full, so someone who commits some sort of crime goes there.

• Love 4
(edited)
6 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Ben, what were you thinking in that your first social call back to Salem is visiting one of your not so dead victims? The semi-but-not-dead-dead kind. You and Will did have some chemistry - maybe there is a bizarre romance brewing.  And the mental hospital lets you out just like that? Just like Abigail? Interesting that he stumbled on to Ciara? Chad can't be that far away if he just conveniently got dropped off like that. And no one noticed the motorcycle tracks on the road?

Would Ron go there and write a forbidden romance between Will and Ben? The chemistry was insane, Ben held Will's hands a bit longer than necessary... You guys can throw tomatoes at me, but, hot damn! 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 6
50 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Would Ron go there and write a forbidden romance between Will and Ben? The chemistry was insane, Ben held Will's hands a bit longer than necessary... You guys can throw tomatoes at me, but, hot damn! 

I get the tension but I was a little creeped.  Like Ben forcing Will to listen to him.  I'll have to rewatch... 

• Love 3
Just now, SueB said:

I get the tension but I was a little creeped.  Like Ben forcing Will to listen to him.  I'll have to rewatch... 

It was creepy and hot at the same time. I know it sounds weird, but, it was...

• Love 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

I don't  know if they would go there but if be up for it.I'm one that likes  twisted gay relationships lol.

Edited by Harmony233
M
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Sandman said:

I'm sorry, but the idea that Ben would visit his murder victim directly after being sprung from the booby hatch is so stupid I can't even talk about it, even if the state of being murdered was somehow weirdly temporary in Will's case. ("I just wanted you to know that I was back" -- WTF is that??) There's no reason to write such a contrived scene in the first place. It's clear that Ron lurves him some Robert S. Wilson, but does the show really have to keep worming BOllie back into the show in increasingly ridiculous ways?

Just STOP.

*clapping*

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Sandman said:

Maybe the Kiriakis pool (unseen so far, at least by me) is actually the portal to the singularity or tesseract or whatever it is that lets people get across town in an instant? Xander steps into the pool, and out of Horton Town Square?

They had the Kiriakis pool set years and years ago.  I think Brady was paired with Rafe's sister who was laster hit be a car.  For some strange reason I remember that set because everyone got to wear swim suits without it being completely ridiculous.  

• Love 2
(edited)

Caroline's absence is really noticeable right now, especially with Theresa's return coupled with Ciara's meltdowns and bad behavior.  She was a sympathetic but clear-eyed observer for Theresa and she and Ciara had a very, very close bond.  She and Will were really close as well and I'm missing her involvement, especially with these three.

I know the likelihood of Peggy McKay ever returning is probably low, but I do miss her, both actress and character.

Edited by boes
  • Love 7
(edited)

I wonder if the producers would be brave enough to invite her back in whatever condition she is currently in to film some scenes. Peggy doesn't owe it to anybody that's for sure but I really do think it would be awesome to have some closure on Caroline. Unfortunately because everyone is supposed to look beautiful and youthful on soaps I doubt it'll ever happen. That we got to see Joe for so long on camera was kind of a miracle considering he was deteriorating in real life and you could tell.

Caroline's relationship with Theresa was definitely one of my favorites. I never spent much time with Caroline as a character so I thought it spoke volumes of her that she was so happy having Theresa in town even though the character was up to no good for very long time. Unconditional love, there.

I'm catching up on this week and I'm at the point where Theresa and JJ are speaking at the pub. After everything Brady and Eve said to her they are both trash in my book. It's sad because I think there was a lot of potential left for the Eve character. Once we got past the character's bitterness towards JJ and Jennifer, I really thought she could go some interesting places. Now, I kind of hope she and Brady get married and the relationship is a complete and utter train wreck because she would deserve it. Brady nearly slapped her up when she first came back to town. How you get into bed with someone like that is beyond me. Brady obviously doesn't deserve happiness. He's far too self-destructive and hateful.

My only hope is that if the show has Theresa and JJ hook up, that it is because she's done with Brady, for real. They used to have good chemistry. It's sad seeing them both so beaten down by life. I miss when they had that youthful spark and flirtation.

Ciara/Tripp/Claire is getting on my last nerve. They need to stop with this forced rivalry BS.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, annabel said:

of COURSE Ben finds Ciara and will bring her back to Salem and that will go a long way towards his redemption.

I assumed he was kidnapping her, since he took her phone and carried her off, as opposed to, oh, I don't know, calling 911? So much stupid, crammed into such a small space.

1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

Ciara/Tripp/Claire is getting on my last nerve.

I have no nerves left for these idiots, nor have I any patience. BOllie used it all up, I swear.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Sandman said:

I assumed he was kidnapping her, since he took her phone and carried her off, as opposed to, oh, I don't know, calling 911?

Ciara's phone was out of power (according to Ciara in a previous scene), so Ben couldn't have called 911 unless he had his own phone. But he shouldn't have picked her up (which could cause paralysis if she has a spinal injury). He SHOULD have tried to flag down a passing car instead.

But I don't think he was kidnapping her; I think he was trying to help her.

• Love 6

Rescuer or kidnapper, it looks like BOllie will be around for a while.

(But I didn't see him try to use her phone to call 911 -- he had no way to know it was dead. He still pocketed it. He's a murderer, and he's gonna use her rollover minutes!)

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Rescuer or kidnapper, it looks like BOllie will be around for a while.

(But I didn't see him try to use her phone to call 911 -- he had no way to know it was dead. He still pocketed it. He's a murderer, and he's gonna use her rollover minutes!)

He has a contract and he is still taping..

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Sandman said:

I'm pretty sure he tried to turn it on and it didn't turn on.

Can someone explain this BOllie nickname please?

(edited)
3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I'm pretty sure he tried to turn it on and it didn't turn on.

Can someone explain this BOllie nickname please?

Thanks; I must have missed that.

"BOllie" (and I'll answer, because I think I'm the only one still using it) is a conflation of the alias, Ollie (Rogers, I think), he used when he and his sister Jordan Ridgeway (a.k.a. Tammy Sue Weston) first came to town and his "real" (or whatever) first name, Ben. I found the tangled backstory and string of names so ridiculous I just wanted to smash his names together in annoyance.

4 hours ago, swtrgrl said:

You murdered someone, too, Lady.

Salem: The town of nothing but pots and kettles who live in glass houses.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 7

For once I agree with Victor - his family is a disappointment.  Perhaps it's karma for Victor being such a horrible human being.  Still, does anyone deserve a grandson like Brady?  He's such an asshole.

On 6/4/2018 at 3:41 PM, RedRockRosie said:

Brady is the biggest a**hole only getting worse over the years. He needs to back off...give him a rest or a major personality change writers.

Was just coming to post the same thing.  The character really needs a rest.  In just the last few of years, he's been paired with Madison, Kristen, Melanie, almost with Summer before she was thankfully canned, Theresa, Nicole, Eve ... and I feel like there's someone else I'm forgetting.  Except for Madison and Melanie, all his relationships have ended with him descending into abusive tantrums.  He's basically a giant psycho toddler.  Enough already.

I'm looking forward to Stefan/Kate and Kayla/Stefan.

Co-signing the love for JJ and Theresa and the surprise chemistry between Will and Ben. 

The recent scenes between Ciara, Claire and Tripp were good, too.  For the first time I started to feel somewhat sympathetic toward Ciara, her semi-comatose pity party notwithstanding.  I'll give her a break on that, what with her head injury and all. 

Also, I covet the jewelry that the costume shop puts on Ciara.  Does anyone know if there's a source list for where the show gets stuff like that?

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, Kitty Redstone said:

Was just coming to post the same thing.  The character really needs a rest.  In just the last few of years, he's been paired with Madison, Kristen, Melanie, almost with Summer before she was thankfully canned, Theresa, Nicole, Eve ... and I feel like there's someone else I'm forgetting.  Except for Madison and Melanie, all his relationships have ended with him descending into abusive tantrums.  He's basically a giant psycho toddler.  Enough already.

Ariana. I always remember that (not just due to the attempt to channel EM & LH's Passions chem) cause that was one of the times Nicole decided she wanted Brady as her man so she was willing to frame his fiancee Ariana and have her incarcerated in order to "win" Brady. That was just dropped by the show too, ugh. Ariana ended up dying soon after they broke up anyhow, which Rafe was happy about since it meant he could continue to cover up a crime instead of Ariana trying to spread the truth. That's the number one reason I will always despise Rafe and not accept that he's a morally upstanding, noble guy. 

Anywho, I agree with your take on Brady. I hate the way he speaks to women, especially those he professes to love, when he is angry. He seems to get enraged to the point that it comes across like he's 20 seconds from striking them. 

• Love 5
(edited)
31 minutes ago, Chick2Chic said:

Anywho, I agree with your take on Brady. I hate the way he speaks to women, especially those he professes to love, when he is angry. He seems to get enraged to the point that it comes across like he's 20 seconds from striking them. 

He did raise his hand to Eve, in an aggressive manner.  They should have taken Brady very dark, to the point, that even Victor was scared of the monster that he helped to create.  That would have led to Philip coming back. Victor and Philip would try to mend fences. Kate would also get involved, in trying to stop Brady.  Brady should have been the one behind Sonny's predicament.  Leo should have been a much better looking, younger actor that resembled Will, somewhat.  It would have made Sonny's stupidity, in falling, for Leo's act, more believable. Sonny's problem would have brought in his big brother Alex, to the rescue.  Leo would be found murdered, shortly, leading to Sonny's arrest. Will would team up with Alex to save Sonny, causing tension between Horita..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, boes said:

Caroline's absence is really noticeable right now, especially with Theresa's return coupled with Ciara's meltdowns and bad behavior.  She was a sympathetic but clear-eyed observer for Theresa and she and Ciara had a very, very close bond.  She and Will were really close as well and I'm missing her involvement, especially with these three.

I know the likelihood of Peggy McKay ever returning is probably low, but I do miss her, both actress and character.

omg. i almost forgot all about caroline! what the hell. why don't they tell us what is going on with this character. i think it's time to for her to pass on. or get a new actress to play her. no disrespect to peggy mckay. i know she is very old and probably not up to it anymore.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I loved all the scenes with Ben. I mean sure Chad made some good points, but also I loved Ben bringing up Abigail cheating with Chad. I liked/found it interesting that Will was obviously kinda considering that Ben might really be changing. I can't decide if I want Ben to be telling the truth or for him to be faking this whole thing and he's actually still psycho. 

I too loved that Ben threw Abigail's cheating ways back at him.  She has slept with both of his brothers.  A lot of these characters are so hypocritical.  

And I hope that Ben is back on the straight and narrow.  I hate how he was changed into this deranged creature.   

• Love 5
4 hours ago, A.J. said:

I too loved that Ben threw Abigail's cheating ways back at him.  She has slept with both of his brothers.  A lot of these characters are so hypocritical.  

A lot of the characters are hypocritical, but I have no time at all for BOllie's judgment of anybody, including Abigail -- when he throws that crap back at her, he just sounds like the usual abuser, blaming his victim for how she messed up his life, and made him angry and destructive. His self-pity and blame-shifting make my skin crawl. He thinks of himself as a victim, with mental health problems, but he's now "working through" his rage -- but she's just a crazy bitch. 

Yeah, whatever, BOllie -- save it.

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, Sandman said:

A lot of the characters are hypocritical, but I have no time at all for BOllie's judgment of anybody, including Abigail -- when he throws that crap back at her, he just sounds like the usual abuser, blaming his victim for how she messed up his life, and made him angry and destructive. His self-pity and blame-shifting make my skin crawl. He thinks of himself as a victim, with mental health problems, but he's now "working through" his rage -- but she's just a crazy bitch. 

Agreed.  I have no use for Bollie whatsoever.  I realize you can't walk Horton Square without bumping into a murderer but for me he's one psycho too far.  

• Love 7

I haven't been watching regularly lately, but did watch yesterday and Tuesday.  Yesterday in the scenes with Kate, and also Kayla, was the first time I saw any hint of personality in Stefan.   

Also, I'm glad Ben is back. Funny, when I first starting watching Days again, I liked Ben better than Chad.  

• Love 11

So how much you all wanna bet Benjamine Bollie Rogers Weston will be hanging his very own Christmas ornament on the Horton Christmas Tree this year?  It's already written in the stars......

I can't wait to see Jen's face but best of all will be watching Julie's head literally exploding when she sees not only GabiWhoMurderedMyBelovedNick at the party, but Bollie Ben as well.

KaaaaaaBOOM!

giphy.gif

That'll be a Christmas Miracle!

• Love 6
10 hours ago, buffynut said:

Also, I'm glad Ben is back. Funny, when I first starting watching Days again, I liked Ben better than Chad.  

I STILL like him better than Chad...and I'm a Chad lover. 

8 hours ago, boes said:

So how much you all wanna bet Benjamine Bollie Rogers Weston will be hanging his very own Christmas ornament on the Horton Christmas Tree this year?  It's already written in the stars......

I can't wait to see Jen's face but best of all will be watching Julie's head literally exploding when she sees not only GabiWhoMurderedMyBelovedNick at the party, but Bollie Ben as well.

KaaaaaaBOOM!

giphy.gif

That'll be a Christmas Miracle!

Anything to piss off Julie!!! Bring it on!

• Love 6
9 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Carlavati is saying that the reason why we haven't seen Gabi out of jail is because Camila was making a movie and he had to explain why she wasn't on canvas.

While I'm thrilled for CB and her movie role, the show could simply have Gabi get out of jail and then decide to lay low for a little way because she wanted to spend time with Ari.  The idea that she's still in jail with a warden who is obviously suspicious of her, guards who don't seem to care and inmates who are actively trying to kill her, well it is worrying.

Honestly, I don't thing even Ben, the overly muscled psycho he is, deserves having to put up with not only Ciara but also Julie to get that Horton Christmas tree ornament.  The man was in a mental hospital for the criminally insane after all--asking him to out up with two Horton harridans like Ciara and Julie?  He'd probably prefer to be incarcerated :):)

• Love 4
4 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

While I'm thrilled for CB and her movie role, the show could simply have Gabi get out of jail and then decide to lay low for a little way because she wanted to spend time with Ari.  The idea that she's still in jail with a warden who is obviously suspicious of her, guards who don't seem to care and inmates who are actively trying to kill her, well it is worrying.

I think that the longer that Gabi remains in prison, her motivations for revenge against Stefan and Abigail will be understandable and make her sympathetic.  Being bad, for the sake of being bad, gets boring, after a while.. Gabi will now have lots of reasons to make Abigail's life a living hell.. I am here for it. 

• Love 12
29 minutes ago, bobcat1946 said:

Abigail will deserve it but Gabi will never but never win against the Horton girl.  She can do no wrong.

Ron likes to write for bad girls, I can see him making her bad for a bit...She may not win, but, I hope she makes her miserable..

• Love 5
On 6/7/2018 at 4:33 PM, Sandman said:

I actually think Ben has a right to feel betrayed, angry, and hurt by Abigail cheating on him.  She lied to him over and over again, accepted his marriage proposal, and kept sleeping with Chad behind his back.  He may have already had some mental health issues such as post traumatic stress disorder as the result of his abusive dad and being abused like that makes you feel unworthy, unloved, unwanted, and all you want is someone to truly love you.  He thought he finally had that with Abigail and then she turned around and lied to him and cheated on him over and over again.  When she accepted his marriage proposal, he thought he finally had that one person to love him and he could finally have a loving family only to have Abby continue to cheat on him and lie to him.   The abuse, his abusive father, and Abigail's treatment of him is more than enough reason to cause him to go over the edge and slip further into mental illness.  Chad also played a role since he was cheating with Abigail.  Abigail should have broken up with Ben first and then return to Chad.  Cheating on a person is never okay and it can cause a huge amount of a pain, feelings of betrayal, and anger to the person being cheated on.   Chad should really step back and shut his mouth.  His wife, father, and brother are all killers and they all got to run around the town free and everyone loved Andre and forgot about all the people he murdered.  Hope also needs to shut up about Ben-she's a killer herself.   I get so tired of the hypocrite and holier than though attitudes of Chad, Abigail, Hope, and the Hortons.  

I did like Ben and Will in their scenes.  I think Will started to see that maybe Ben has worked hard to recover, is remorseful, and deserves a second chance.  Heck, at least Ben actually served time even if it was in a mental hospital unlike Abigail.  Abigail killed one person, tried to kill three others, and not to mention at one point she lit Ben on fire and she's never seen the inside of jail cell.

I also enjoyed the scenes with Stefan and Kate and the way he scared her.  I also love how Marlena told Kate to shut up.  He was so much fun in those scenes and I also enjoy his scenes with Kayla.  I also like seeing Steve and Trip sharing scenes.  I understand Steve's frustration and not wanting help picking up the glass and I am glad they are showing us his trouble with adjusting to his blindness.  I also think it is intriguing that normally it's Steve who makes a decision for him and Kayla without consulting her but this time it's the other way around with Kayla making the decision.  It will be interesting to see how Steve reacts.

• Love 8

"Hi, Will. You know, I technically murdered you. But I'm really sorry, okay?" "Well, okay."

I actually did like RSW from his All My Children online reboot days, so whatever works, I guess. I feel like they should have just brought him back as another character, though.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, jaylee-03031 said:

I also enjoyed the scenes with Stefan and Kate and the way he scared her.  I also love how Marlena told Kate to shut up.  He was so much fun in those scenes and I also enjoy his scenes with Kayla.  I also like seeing Steve and Trip sharing scenes.  I understand Steve's frustration and not wanting help picking up the glass and I am glad they are showing us his trouble with adjusting to his blindness.  I also think it is intriguing that normally it's Steve who makes a decision for him and Kayla without consulting her but this time it's the other way around with Kayla making the decision.  It will be interesting to see how Steve reacts.

Personally, I think that the Steve storyline would be much better with Stefanie and Joey.   I have always wanted a storyline between Stefanie and Steve.  So much unfinished business between them and it reminds me of Jack/Steve.

I will never not want Jack back.  

Trip should have stayed bad and be a thorn on Stayla's side. It would have been interesting to see Steve deal with an angry, bitter Trip.  

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Trip should have stayed bad and be a thorn on Stayla's side. It would have been interesting to see Steve deal with an angry, bitter Trip.  

Also maybe then we wouldn't have to watch Tripp make a puppy dog face day in and day out. I mean, it is adorable, but I'm getting kinda tired of it.

• Love 2
On 6/7/2018 at 2:07 PM, A.J. said:

And I hope that Ben is back on the straight and narrow.  I hate how he was changed into this deranged creature.   

Wonder why she never slept with Andre and Stefano for a HOME RUN.

• Love 1
On ‎2018‎-‎06‎-‎06 at 10:15 AM, Sandman said:

Maybe the Kiriakis pool (unseen so far, at least by me) is actually the portal to the singularity or tesseract or whatever it is that lets people get across town in an instant? Xander steps into the pool, and out of Horton Town Square?

(... what? Like it's any more ridiculous than calling somebody The Big Noodle Gutierrez?) 

I think a guy walking around the town square nekkid would be really odd.  But more odd is that he has hair on part of his chest, but not on the upper part.  Is this a new thing?

(edited)
On 6/9/2018 at 2:17 AM, jaylee-03031 said:

I actually think Ben has a right to feel betrayed, angry, and hurt by Abigail cheating on him.  She lied to him over and over again, accepted his marriage proposal, and kept sleeping with Chad behind his back.  He may have already had some mental health issues such as post traumatic stress disorder as the result of his abusive dad and being abused like that makes you feel unworthy, unloved, unwanted, and all you want is someone to truly love you.  He thought he finally had that with Abigail and then she turned around and lied to him and cheated on him over and over again. 

Leaving aside the question of whether cheating behaviour can create or exacerbate post-traumatic stress disorder (on which I don't feel qualified to express an opinion), I don't doubt that Ben has a right to feel betrayed. It's just that "throwing it back in her face" isn't something I can applaud, because it feels like more abusive behaviour from him, and a double standard about whose illness is legitimate or more important. Abigail and Ben both appear to have mental health disabilities-- that doesn't excuse either from treating the other like crap. But this show already has enough instances of violently entitled men calling women sluts to last me into the next lifetime. Self-pity and strangling aren't the way to get me to be sympathetic to a character, Ron.

On 6/9/2018 at 3:06 AM, methodwriter85 said:

"Hi, Will. You know, I technically murdered you. But I'm really sorry, okay?"

"Well, okay."

Right? So dumb.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 5
9 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Leaving aside the question of whether cheating behaviour can create or exacerbate post-traumatic stress disorder (on which I don't feel qualified to to express an opinion), I don't doubt that Ben has a right to feel betrayed. It's just that "throwing it back in her face" isn't something I can applaud, because it feels like more abusive behaviour from him, and a double standard about whose illness is legitimate or more important. Abigail and Ben both appear to have mental health disabilities-- that doesn't excuse either from treating the other like crap. But this show already has enough instances of violently entitled men calling women sluts to last me into the next lifetime. Self-pity and strangling aren't the way to get me to be sympathetic to a character, Ron.

I think it would be rather brilliant if Ben remembered Abby's helping EJ cheat on Sami and how he was all about protecting Abby and she should just be forgiven and then she turned around and cheated on him with Chad and then he has this big personal revelation--he realizes how hypocritical he'd been to Sami and that being the person who is cheated on is the absolute worst.  That way the show can acknowledge Abs' difficulty in remaining faithful while not throwing any overt accusations.  Putting aside the "Gabby"/Stefan scenes, when Abby was gaslighting Austin, climbing EJ and running around behind Ben's back, she was of sound mind with very loose morals.

• Love 6