Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Why did they have to make JJ a wiener again? Couldn't he have retained his scandalous ways?

We can't have any of the "good" Hortons do anything like smoking the super dirty reefer. That would be Very Bad and Wrong. Except The Mistress. She gets to repeatably go after taken men, have sex in supply closet, and slap people unprovoked while most of the town still acts like she's some sweet and innocent good girl. 

• Love 6

To be clear, I watched Susan/Kristin back in the day, and I know she's meant to be campy...but she was also written as a three dimensional human being back in those days, and she's now a BIG part of EJ's personal history, and the show has seemingly ignored that altogether.  She raised him, right?  He grew up with Susan and Edmund, correct?  I can't imagine she'd send him to "boarding school" the way all the other kids on this show are.  So no...I can't account for his disdain over his mother's presence.  Far as we know, he grew up in her loving (if odd) embrace with his kindly step-dad nearby.  At some point (feel free to tell me if I'm missing some of his persona history here), EJ learned he was Stefano's kid and abdicated to Salem to become Mr. EJ Wells....and never said a bad word about his mother from the time he arrived on this show, right?

I have always been confused by EJ's history. I mean he is a race car driving lawyer, mayor, business executive, drug kingpin for goodness sake. In the beginning the story seemed to be that he was snatched out of Susan and Edmund's arms as a babe or a young lad and raised exclusively in the house DiMera. Raised by nannies, sent to boarding schools and daddy had such high expectations. That seemed to be the story he kept feeding to Sami and others at the very beginning. Particularly, during the pregnancy and his fake paralysis following the birth of the twins. Later it was retconned to seem as if he was raised by Susan and Edmund in a loving home. So I think it is just the usual case of the show not being able to keep its story straight. 

Coincidentally, I didn't always used to hate Ejami. I used to love Ejami and consider the time around EJ's fake paralysis its heyday. I turned against EJ and Ejami with Sydney and all that mess. I found him irredeemable when he kicked that child out of his home and told Johnny that his mother didn't love him. After that I just could never found him attractive or romantic lead anymore. just nope.

Edited by islandgal140

I never understood why everyone in Salem fell for the fact that EJ didn't have American citizenship, what with his mother being American and all (or was she not? Where was she from and where did she get her obsession with Elvis from (along with her accent)?

I'm sorry, but is it wrong that I am loving the fact that Abby can't find a job?  That no one wants to hire her low rent ass?  She and the rest of the Hortons have convinced themselves that Abby is completely blameless in regards to the affair but apparently everyone else outside of their circle doesn't agree;  they don't want to have anything to do with her.  Real life consequences indeed ;)

I don't know what was more stomach-turning:  Abby's self-satisfied smirk when she sees Sami and EJ back to together or her smirking as she says "Sami" like they're equals and she's just one upped her rival.  And Ben's just as gross with his "Can you believe that Sami tried to ruin our one week old epic love?"  I mean, who cares that Abby helped ruin a family and hurt little kids?

So, now that we are going to revisit Jack's being a rapist, are we also going to be "treated" to Adrienne talking about her dad attacking her and then we can have Paige wondering if JJ's a third generation rapist?  Because that's what this storyline feels like.

I'm kind of over ED's portrayal of Susan--there is fun campy and there is bad campy and this feels very bad to me.

• Love 5

I have always been confused by EJ's history. I mean he is a race car driving lawyer, mayor, business executive, drug kingpin for goodness sake. In the beginning the story seemed to be that he was snatched out of Susan and Edmund's arms as a babe or a young lad and raised exclusively in the house DiMera. Raised by nannies, sent to boarding schools and daddy had such high expectations. That seemed to be the story he kept feeding to Sami and others at the very beginning. Particularly, during the pregnancy and his fake paralysis following the birth of the twins. Later it was retconned to seem as if he was raised by Susan and Edmund in a loving home. So I think it is just the usual case of the show not being able to keep its story straight. 

Coincidentally, I didn't always used to hate Ejami. I used to love Ejami and consider the time around EJ's fake paralysis its heyday. I turned against EJ and Ejami with Sydney and all that mess. I found him irredeemable when he kicked that child out of his home and told Johnny that his mother didn't love him. After that I just could never found him attractive or romantic lead anymore. just nope.

I don't think that the show has ever given a real definitive answer.  We do know that Stefano did find Susan and EJ shortly after they escaped and he uncovered that Susan had EJ, not Kristen which was the plan.  They have never really explained EJ's childhood after those adolescent years.  We do know that when he was a toddler he was still with Susan and Stefano was involved with him though.  This was when Alice Horton was helping Stefano and Susan find a doctor for EJ.

My impression is that as EJ got older he was more interested in being closer to Stefano and raised as a Dimera with all the money, wealth, and power that came with it.  Susan and Edmund wouldn't of been a match to that type of appeal for a teenage boy. I think the disconnect started there and probably just grew as EJ got older.  He moved more toward becoming a Dimera and further away from being a "Banks".

• Love 1

Sami's just pathetic. She's back in EJ's bed but Abby is still the worst one who needs to run away from her? Sami's just one of those typical women who blames the other one and not the person who actually cheated and broke their trust. Abby has to lose her job, but Sami jumps right back into EJ's bed who is going to make more money than before. 

I bet Chad hires her at DE. 

Stefano telling off EJ and basically pointing him out as pathetic was good, as well as Kristen vs Susan. Loved seeing them in a scene together. 

Why is Paige telling JJ about Jack/Kayla. It's not any of her business, it's a family matter that she should leave between them.

Some things on soaps, I think, do not age very well.  Or what was fine for a certain time period, won't work now.  I think the Kristen/Susan camp is one of them.  However, I really enjoyed the nostalgia it brought, and it does connect to current characters wrt EJ and Kristen.  And, frankly?  I'd rather see Wonky Susan than Rapey Kristen on my screen right now.  I.am.so.over.rape.storylines.  As plot points, and just in general.  Beyond over. 

And on that note, I'm gonna get pissy if they try and insinuate or have Paige fear that JJ somehow has a 'predisposition" for sexual assault. 

Abby needs to take a seat, several seats, STUFU, GTFO, DIAF, and whatever other acronyms apply. 

eta:  Artsda - I agree.  Why does she (and everyone) think it's their business what Jack did and to whom?  That's shitty and disrespectful to Kayla.

Edited by SwordQueen
  • Love 4

Can't Abby get a job at Sonny's bar/cafe/whatever? She must not be trying hard enough or she really hasn't applied anywhere except a few select places that require more qualified people...

Edited by bantering

I'm sorry, but is it wrong that I am loving the fact that Abby can't find a job?  That no one wants to hire her low rent ass?  She and the rest of the Hortons have convinced themselves that Abby is completely blameless in regards to the affair but apparently everyone else outside of their circle doesn't agree;  they don't want to have anything to do with her.  Real life consequences indeed ;)

It is NEVER bad to enjoy any discomfort Slapagail feels - ever.  Especially since she's too self-absorbed and too snugglebunnied by the Hortonites who for some reason find her just so sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeettttttt.  There has been some definite genetic damage done to that family.  

I can't see her surviving in a job that isn't provided to her by either a family member of a friend.  I hope Chad hires her and sets her up.  Plus, we'd have the added benefit of hearing Jenn defend her daughter's choice to work for a DiMera - because you know she will.  

Maybe Chad can start torturing her by putting saran wrap over the toilet seat in the ladies room......

Some things on soaps, I think, do not age very well.  Or what was fine for a certain time period, won't work now.  I think the Kristen/Susan camp is one of them.  However, I really enjoyed the nostalgia it brought, and it does connect to current characters wrt EJ and Kristen.  And, frankly?  I'd rather see Wonky Susan than Rapey Kristen on my screen right now.  I.am.so.over.rape.storylines.  As plot points, and just in general.  Beyond over. 

I agree.  But, as you say, this is a relief to what we've been served up on the show with Kristen and for that alone I'm grateful.

Also, it looks like the cast are enjoying themselves and God knows they deserve a break from all the crap TIIC have made them do for so long.  

Edited by boes
  • Love 4

I just wish the writers on this show would mine the characters' relationships and history for actual drama instead of ALWAYS resorting to the plotline where characters spend all of their time messing with another character's life for very flimsy reasons. Anne, Teresa, Eve, JJ (ALL Jennifer/Dan-focused, which is obnoxious), Kristen, even Clyde and Kate--it's boring and the drama is inherently low, plus it makes me think less of all of those characters. I'd be so much more interested in Teresa and Eve if they weren't mired in this garbage.

Edited by Carrie Ann
  • Love 2

Sami's just pathetic. She's back in EJ's bed but Abby is still the worst one who needs to run away from her? Sami's just one of those typical women who blames the other one and not the person who actually cheated and broke their trust. Abby has to lose her job, but Sami jumps right back into EJ's bed who is going to make more money than before.

I was expecting to see Sami be mean to Abigail but nothing much really happened. Sami just looked awkward with Abigail more than anything else.

All Sami really did was parrot back Ben's words (when he wasn't even there). Truthfully, I wouldn't want to be around the other lady either -- who wants a reminder?

I do think Abigail's lack of shame in front of Sami does make it understandable why  she wouldn't particularly like Abigail though. Still, it seems to go both ways judging by the wacko look on Abigail's face when she saw Sami and EJ and the odd way she said Sami's name, as if Sami was the one who had cheated. At this point, I don't know why Abigail keeps getting that stupid look on her face when she sees EJ and Sami being a couple. I can understand getting a look of guilt or shame when seeing them, but looking as if she can't fathom why they'd be together strikes me as odd since a lot of people do tend to forgive their partners and get back together with them. That isn't unusual.

As for the job thing, which I think got worse when Will decided to write his article, does Abigail know how her dad reacted when he got cheated on? 

Edited by bantering
  • Love 5

I was expecting to see Sami be mean to Abigail but nothing much really happened. Sami just looked awkward with Abigail more than anything else. 

I do think Abigail's lack of shame in front of Sami does make it understandable why  she wouldn't particularly like Abigail though. Still, it seems to go both ways judging by the wacko look on Abigail's face when she saw Sami and EJ and the odd way she said Sami's name, as if Sami was the one who had cheated. At this point, I don't know why Abigail keeps getting that stupid look on her face when she sees EJ and Sami being a couple. I can understand getting a look of guilt or shame when seeing them, but looking as if she can't fathom why they'd be together strikes me as odd since a lot of people do tend to forgive their partners and get back together with them. 

Abby's utter lack of sympathy toward Sami is yet another idiot move by the writers. Yes, it fuels my hatred toward Abby - this chick thinks that if she says "I'm sorry" that pretty much covers her part in the blame department.

I'm not going to defend the rapid reunion between EJ & Sami. Everything in the story has been mishandled. There's no reason why the "secret" was churned for 6 months so that the reunion got about a week of attention. The writers are idiots. Full stop. I can't blame the characters for that. Unless the character is Abby and there I'm more enraged by the endless Abby propping than than anything else. YMMV

• Love 3

Who the hell thought it would be a good idea to stick Ben with The Mistress? I mean really, you bring on a new character you want the audience to like and you put them with that freak? FAIL. 

Why won't The Mistress just choke on a hot dog and die. 

• Love 3

See, I think it's completely understandable why Sami/any woman would direct their anger onto the "other woman".  Same with men.  It's like the "bro/girl code" thing.  It's a specific kind of betrayal when a woman screws with another woman's relationship.  Add to that, that Sami considered Abby a friend and they are loosely related, it's an even bigger betrayal.  The guy broke his vows, but there are a lot of assumed 'vows' that friends, family and those of the same gender have towards one another.

I don't agree with Sami forgiving EJ -- I just understand it. 

eta:  And what JaneDigby said.  Abby's total lack of remorse and shame (in the not walking around smirking and taunting the wife kind of way) just fuels the flames and is like salt on the wound. 

Edited by SwordQueen
  • Love 5

Kristen is so pathetic.  All her talk ever amounts to is her running to daddy to fix her messes.  Can Sami please strangle her, or shoot her in the face, or stab her in the throat, before AS leaves?

Eve has really ratcheted up the unlikability.  I don't like seeing adults picking on children, especially in this situation.  What she set in motion with JJ is pretty gross.  They really need to put her in a different story, stat.

Plucky Ben and bow-legged Abby are so fucking boring.  Days desperately needs more people in this age range so they can drop those two.

• Love 2

I missed the Susan/Kristin faceoff.  Were there a few shots where ED was facing herself directly?  I love those, instead of the ones where she is clearly with a stand-in.

Saw Susan with John.  I guess I was wrong and she won't be staying around after all.

Did she say mean/mean/mean at least?

• Love 1

Is that Paige person even awake - I feel like she's moving in slow motion or something.  This actress was chosen out of the thousands of young, alive, vibrant choices?  Unreal.  She's deadly but rather like the other one, Jordan.  

They either have some bitchy (Eve, Kristen) women or they have ones that virtually disappear into the ether even while on screen.  Why would anyone be attracted to either of these expressionless girls - 

They need to inject some energy into the show given the most energetic one is hitting the road soon.  

• Love 2

Can't Abby get a job at Sonny's bar/cafe/whatever? She must not be trying hard enough or she really hasn't applied anywhere except a few select places that require more qualified people...

I don't understand why Lucas didn't give her a job.

I guess Paige didn't read Jack's book, since the story of the rape is in there.

And on that note, I'm gonna get pissy if they try and insinuate or have Paige fear that JJ somehow has a 'predisposition" for sexual assault.

They've already done that.  I'm just heavily relieved Eve wasn't the seducer.  Still, I got creeped out when JJ grabbed her arms, but laughed when he actually left marks.  WTH was she doing barging into Alice's house again?  And how did she know who was home?  I'm convinced Eve's FT job is stalking Paige, JJ and Jenn.  Oh, she she cannot act without something in her hands or touching things. I think they've decided it's probably better if she holds onto something rather than groping around. The twang got to me all over again today.

It would be so wickedly evil, evil, evil if Chad hired Abby.  Oh PLEASE do it and torture the smirk out of her. 

See, she won't do any of the normal jobs Bollie suggested.  She'd never be a bartender either, are you kidding me?  She's going out for publicist jobs, jobs that require nothing but schmoozing.  The type where you can sit in the square all day being self absorbed, accosting people and punching a few things into your phone and call it work.  Nice if your food, shelter and clothing are assured and all you have to support is your ego.

Just the perfect amount of Susan.  Thanks, Days.  I'll bet ED had a lot to do with bringing her back.  Just as AS and LK had a lot to do with having the lady's portrait on the wall.  BTW, that's the first time Kristen noticed it? 

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 1

Abigail thinks she can't get a job because of Sami, but a lot of people in her age range who have never met Sami can't get work right now in this economy. 

If she can't use relatives as references, that job at the hospital probably would have been useless to her even if she had worked there for a decade. So I find Sami's damage to Abigail pretty miniscule. 

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2

They've already done that.  I'm just heavily relieved Eve wasn't the seducer.  Still, I got creeped out when JJ grabbed her arms, but laughed when he actually left marks.  WTH was she doing barging into Alice's house again?  And how did she know who was home?  I'm convinced Eve's FT job is stalking Paige, JJ and Jenn.  Oh, she she cannot act without something in her hands or touching things. I think they've decided it's probably better if she holds onto something rather than groping around. 

You're right.  I had thought of that right after I posted.  They also had Paige get upset because JJ didn't stop the nanosecond she asked him to.  But I thought that was about her mom scaring her about men in general, not just JJ.  What I was talking about is since Paige now knows, is JJ is going to be judged for his father's past crimes and everything he does will be suspect?  I can't handle that straight up bullshit.  Tired of Jack's past being brought up time and time again but other characters skate right past judgment or consequences. 

Jack's dead three ..four?...times over now.  Let him rest in peace, show.   And poor Kayla -- her past seems to be dragged out just as much, for plot point purposes. I'm sure she loves the reminders.   

Edited by SwordQueen
  • Love 3

Abigail thinks she can't get a job because of Sami, but a lot of people in her age range who have never met Sami can't get work right now in this economy.

If she can't use relatives as references, that job at the hospital probably would have been useless to her even if she had worked there for a decade. So I find Sami's damage to Abigail pretty miniscule.

Abby feels privileged enough to believe she will always be able to get a job from a friend or relative.  When she feels like having one, that is.  For social purposes mainly.

• Love 2

I know this isn't the real world, but word to your post.  She's 20-something and she was fired from one job.  Big fucking deal.  If she can't rise above it and work to use it as an opportunity to find another, better job for herself, than it's her own fault, and maybe she's just not as hirable as she thinks she is.  Not that getting fired wasn't her own fault to begin with, but damn girl, learn something from your mistakes!  I hope she stops bitching about this by the time Sami leaves.   

Chad and Sonny should hire her -- she's in there all the damn time, already. 

eta:  Blame-shifting is not a real admirable trait, nor one that businesses like to see in their employees. 

Edited by SwordQueen
  • Love 3

And poor Kayla -- her past seems to be dragged out just as much, for plot point purposes. I'm sure she loves the reminders.   

Damn straight, poor Kayla. She's never gotten justice. She's only allowed to talk about her rape in the context of someone else on the show being raped (DIAF, writers!) or to serve some other character's plot driven nonsense. 

• Love 3

I was fine with Eve causing Jenn problems, but what she is doing to JJ is horrible.  At least Jack was one of the few rapists (and there are so many) on this show who had remorse for what he did.  However, even if Jack wasn't sorry about what he did to Kayla that would not be JJ's fault.

Why can't Kayla have a storyline of her own?

The girl who plays Paige is yet another lousy actress on this show.

This show is horrible.  There is no way in hell I believe the writers and Corday don't realize all the rape SLs and references they have going on all over the place while everyone tells Sami how horrible she is to the man (EJ) who raped and who had Fake Rafe rape her.

Also, STFU Kristen.  Susan did to you what you were trying to do to her.

I wish Sami would shoot Kristen, EJ, and Stefano in the head because I know that what Kristen told Sami about what EJ said about Eric won't change anything.  Once again the writers will de-spine and de-brain Sami to give EJ what he wants.

Sami never should have gotten together with EJ in the first place, she should never have forgiven him, and there is no way in hell she should stay with him.  I'm beyond tired of EJ going on and on about how Sami is the love of his life when his actions always show otherwise.

It's so disappointing the AS/Sami's exit SL has been about EJ.  She's been on the show 22 years, and deserved much better.

• Love 5

Abby needs to take her stupid ass on down to the unemployment office and STFU. It's not like she actually needs to work anyway. I'm sure Jen would let her live at home forever and would be perfectly fine giving her an allowance.

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 4

I miss when Kayla was a actual character on the show.  Oh, and Steve.  OMG, do I miss Steve.  He is my first memory of the show.  I started watching at 6 or 7 with my grandmother -- and, not sure of the year, but I remember Steve (With his patch. Oh, and his hair. That hair!) talking to Bo, I think at the Salem PD, probably doing some renegade cop stuff.  I thought the patch was cool. 

Now, I'm all depressed at the current state of the show. 

Eve messing with the kids is so shitty, and kinda creepy, being so up in her daughter's love life like that.  She's just doing this to upset Jen, which I'm cool with upsetting Jen, but to use the kids to do it is fucked up.  Have they dropped the angle about Eve needing surgery?  Was that just a plot point for her to meet Dan?

When are all of the storylines going to stop revolving around Jen and her spawn?  Ugh.

• Love 2

Eve ordering JJ to show her the pictures was over the top ridiculous.  She has no right to talk to him like that.  

Also, Paige listening in at the door while the rape victim spilled her guts?  That was horrifying.  And leaving early on her first day because she was tired?  Get away from the Horton's!

• Love 4

Abby, dummy, the reason people don't want to hire you is because they don't want people thinking they're running a Star Wars convention with you looking like Jar Jar Binks' long lost baby.

Then talking about Sam and EJ once again like she's so much better than them. I bet that room reminds her of Chad or EJ or both.

BOllie let's get the story straight, Sami didn't try breaking y'all up. She was just letting you know what your little tumor girlfriend did with her husband. BOllie sure is stupid.

Eve just needs to grow her ass up.

Can JJ go to Lucas and stop running to the almighty Dan. Ugh so irritating.

Paige is just boring and annoying.

Is that EJ's mom? Quickly gonna annoy me.

• Love 3

Abby needs to take her stupid ass on down to the unemployment office and STFU.

You don't get unemployment when you're fired "for cause" like Abby was.  And plenty of people in the US have had to fight for unemployment that was rightfully due to them.  Because employers almost always dispute it these days. Even though the employer and employee have paid in so it's already paid for. But you might be talking about job search so I get that.

Edited by QuelleC

I do think Abigail's lack of shame in front of Sami does make it understandable why  she wouldn't particularly like Abigail though. Still, it seems to go both ways judging by the wacko look on Abigail's face when she saw Sami and EJ and the odd way she said Sami's name, as if Sami was the one who had cheated.

Abby's being passed over for jobs and not hired because of Sami's "revenge" and hatred of her for what she did, all while Sami's laughing and back to status giggling with EJ. Abby should side eye Sami and judge her. Abby needs to pay all the consequences for cheating, when Sami goes right back to EJ like nothing. Sami looks pathetic, she and EJ are life as normal when Abby's paying for it all. 

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 2

I don't think the writers read Jack's book, either, since it seems like they know nothing about the character. 

Yes, it seems ridiculous that they appear to be going down this road.  When JJ first met Paige, he was dealing with all of his daddy issues, and certainly would have shared this aspect, but as was said, it's in the book, and I seem to remember Paige talking about the book.

• Love 2

The epic love affair that is Slappy "Goiterhead" Deveraux and Ollie "Carbunkle" HasnolastnamethatIcanremember is just enthralling, isn't it?  Have you all been on the edge of your seats, wondering if poor Ollie was going to be able to find a place for his very first Boinkathon with Abigail that had actually plumbing (we know how she likes those showers, and Ollie will need a place to throw up later), and with any luck, a roof.  After watching him call hotel after motel after kennel with no luck, I fully expected Ollie to end up taking Slappy to the Windmill at the local miniature golf course for their first night of "going all the way".  Aren't those two just precious??  

Soooooo, after all that, he ends up with what looks like the Mary Kay Cosmetic Suite at Salem Inn.  I only hope the bed vibrates - at least as much as we know Slappy can.  Ollie should just lie back, close his eyes and think of England.

I thought for a moment I was in danger of disliking Eve more than Jenn and Dan, but thankfully, Dan managed to avert that change by his sheer awfulness.  Now in no way does his chest-thumping, eyes-a-poppin', spittle-flying way of talking mitigate the awfulness of Eve's dirty dealing with JJ - but it did give me the chance to dislike both of them at the same time.  JJ deserves so much better than what he's getting.  As some of you have pointed out, Eve's motivation has gotten pretty obscure.  At first it was about Stanford and her operation - and her distrust of men in general - all things I could understand if not support.  Now it's degenerated into abusing JJ and that cannot be allowed.  He's the only good Deveraux left and Eve can keep her grubby mitts off him.  Besides, the guy has enough on his plate with Polly Pureheart for a mom and Slappy for a sister.  And then there's Paige.....

I liked the character a lot when she was first introduced.  How refreshing it was to have a "nice" girl who also wasn't a dumb girl.  She didn't fall for tricks, she was good at not being manipulated, but now.....I don't know.....the actress may be overwhelmed by the demands of the show, but something has slipped with her performance.  Today it seemed like she had trouble remembering her lines, and at times seemed to not know what to express or even how to look.  

Not to mention this sordid little turn of her listening in on Kayla counseling a rape victim.  WTF, Paige!??  The character as we've seen so far would have walked away the second she heard what was going on - but now TIIC turn her into an a sneak?  And if she's going to freak out on JJ because of something his father did, then JJ needs to walk away, get emancipated and let Paige move into his old room and become the Horton she is so clearly destined to be.   

JJ can settle down with Rory in a dude apartment and let loose.  The guy needs a break from the women in his life IMO.

And maybe, just maybe, could TIIC remember that Jack did more than rape Kayla?  If that's the only thing he's going to be remembered for, the only thing that is ever brought up, then everything Eve said to Jennifer today is spot on.  Except, it's not.

Now that they've given Kayla her own office, how about giving her A STORY??  This is a great character played by a great actor - the show needs to utilize her talents and Kayla's many storyline possibilities.  Instead of  Melanie, how about bringing back Stephanie?

I was hoping for more from the encounter between Susan and Kristen.  Instead, we got mean ol' Kristen scaring Susan off by showing her Stefano on her phone.  The very least I would have liked to see Susan do is give that freak a super-wedgie on her way out the door.  

Instead we had the displeasure of seeing her make herself at home and then taunt Sami one more time.  And while I'm happy Sami threw her out, I'd have been a lot happier if Sami had literally thrown her out - preferably through a third floor window.  And if not that,  a nuclear swirly in the downstairs powder room the minute she opened her mouth would have been in order.

I think I'm ready to see the last of Kristen.

Edited by boes
  • Love 8

I do wish the Susan/Kristin encounter had been longer - it was kind of nice to see Susan talking to John - I had totally forgotten about their wedding until she started talking.

I really don't like them only focusing on the fact that Jack raped Kayla & that's the only aspect about him that people think of - he was really tormented by what he did to Kayla but that one thing does not represent who Jack was.

And I don't really understand why Paige is all freaked out about what she overheard - it just seems like a weird way for JJ to tell her about the rape.

I'll admit I FF thru anything Abigail & Ollie had to say - I'm assuming it wasn't that interesting?

so glad Chad is back today

• Love 2

Abby's being passed over for jobs and not hired because of Sami's "revenge" and hatred of her for what she did, all while Sami's laughing and back to status giggling with EJ. Abby should side eye Sami and judge her. Abby needs to pay all the consequences for cheating, when Sami goes right back to EJ like nothing. Sami looks pathetic, she and EJ are life as normal when Abby's paying for it all.

If that was what Abigail was judging Sami for, I might get it (although, regarding the job issue, has it ever occurred to Abigail that maybe other applicants might just be more qualified than her? She's just out of college and the only job she's had is one she can't use references because they're all related to her! To me it's not that strange she can't find a job because she's in her 20s and there are other people out there more educated and more experienced than her. Her Salem U degree might be impressive to the residents of Salem but anywhere else she's average. There's nothing about her as a job applicant that stands out. In today's world, nobody cares if your knowledge of art history is better than Kate Middleton's, even if it is knowledge some of us should appreciate. )

However,  Abigail's facial expressions and talk with Jordan (and agitation at Jordan for seeing the benefit of EJ and Sami loving each other) seem to indicate that she's judging EJ and Sami for having the audacity to forgive each other, more than anything else.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 8

So, if Paige gets all judgy with JJ about his father, I assume she'll be okay with everyone judging her because her mother was a hooker. Oh, and when the biggest "love" story going on now features not one, but two mostly unrepentant rapists, you don't get to paint Jack as the big bad guy, Show.

I love me some Susan, but the highlight of yesterday's show may have been Kristen referring to her as "your baby mama" when talking to Stefano.

Edited by shesajar
  • Love 3

Jack is getting the same treatment that Eve is getting: boiled down to the worst things they've ever done to prop a weak, bland couple. Both characters did horrible things but both were, once upon a time, three dimensional characters. Now they exist to prop Jennifer/Daniel and JJ/Paige. I'm not a fan of Eve's campaign against JJ but it's not beyond the pale that Eve (who is constantly being judged based on her past) should have some concerns that JJ might have picked up a bad habit or two from his father. Not that he was ever in the same country as his father but I'll play along if the drama is there. Eve is completely wasted in this nonsense. Paige isn't worth cancelling a trip to Starbucks let alone this involved scheme.

As entertaining as I found GG's portrayal of Fake Rafe, I never could take all that nonsense in the least bit seriously. It's right up there with Marlena's Possession and Hope knocking over drunks or whatever it was that landed her in jail. No way should Mar still be on the medical rolls or Hope be on the police force if anyone in Salem had an ounce of sense and this show wrote characters for the long term. That's the nature of soaps, we're more willing to forgive/overlook things in the characters we like than in the characters we don't like. There's no much I wouldn't/haven't forgiven Sami for. Jennifer, however, gets no forgiveness for anything. 

Considering how much I loved Kristen last year it's amazing how ready I am for her to leave. 

• Love 5

How come the Jack rape story only gets talked about in relation to JJ but never seems to play out in relation to Abigail? Not that I really think it needs to or anything, but because she's upset at Sami for being angry with her and getting "revenge" on her, it seems like she ought to know that her own father got exceptionally angry and raped a woman because she cheated on him. Sami's revenge doesn't seem so bad now, does it, Abigail?  This is just more of an observational note -- it doesn't matter to me whether Jack's story is played out with any relevance to Abigail, but I wonder if she'd recognize that what Jack did when he learned about being cheated on was a lot worse than Sami's reaction! Well, she's pretty stupid, so, no she probably wouldn't recognize this.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 5

Good, if Abby is "paying for it all", I'm glad.  Freak doesn't seem to get that life is not a game of teeter-totter -- consequences are not always doled out "evenly" or "fairly", and she doesn't get to dictate how others feel about her or what the consequences are for other people.  

How much Abby "pays" has no correlation to how much EJ "pays".  And what a dolt for assuming that EJ is going to take all of the blame in this, ESPECIALLY in Sami's eyes.  She seduced him, on her end.  She played the part of a typical "other woman"; find out what the man feels he's not getting from his spouse, and give it to them in spades, so they will come to her, over and over again.  She also used Sami's insecurities against her, and elevated her importance and connection to EJ because she felt superior to Sami.  But, we all know what happened already, so I'll just leave it at that.

So frankly, Abby, you got what you got because you did what you did, and you can't dictate the reactions/consequences of your choices.  Life doesn't work that way, punkin pie.  So, if the man you cheated with, gets forgiven by his wife, then dem's the breaks. Sami cares more about EJ then she does you, EJ cares more about Sami than he does you.  Deal with it.  You're too much of a child to play a woman's game. Bollie is definitely more your speed, and good luck with that. 

Loved Kristen's 'baby mama' comment to Stefano. Hee.

Paige is going to make a sucky doctor if she can't understand the concept of patient privacy.

I think I might have to carry over my sign off from GH to DOOL.

I hate Abby

eta:  Janedigby - DOOL is weird about making the distinction between "good" and "bad" characters.  Good characters never have their pasts used against them like bad characters do.  And if a good character's misdeeds are brought up, it's usually by one of the bad characters, so it's immediately dismissed.  Jack, Eve, Sami, Nicole, and Theresa are only ever judged by what they do wrong. 

I get what you mean about characters we love.  I do that with actors, as well, because a good actor can make even the jerkiest characters interesting to watch.  And I love Sami, I grew up with Sami -- but I don't think I would if she hadn't ever been made to suffer for her crimes.  She got what she gave, and kept on rolling.  If she'd skated and was treated like Carrie or Belle, I would have been pissed.

Edited by SwordQueen
  • Love 6

Sami is a fool for getting back together with EJ, and he will just ruin her life again, but that is none of the boring twit’s business.  She outright said she did not care about Sami or the children so she can continue not caring, and quit judging and talking about Sami, the person she claims to care nothing about.  In other words, the boring hypocritical judgmental mistress needs to STFU about Sami.

I’ll still take Sami, Kate, Theresa, and Nicole over the supposed “good” girls.  They make things happen, and keep the story moving.

Poor JJ.  He has judgmental shrews for relatives, he’s dating a girl who has all the life of a wet dish rag, and Eve instead of ridding us of Jenn and Dan is wasting time tormenting JJ.  Another SL that will be an epic fail.

• Love 7

They need to inject some energy into the show given the most energetic one is hitting the road soon.  

Oh, but soon we'll have the most energetic one of all, Melanie Jonas! Actually, I was one of the few who liked the character and actress. 

• Love 4

Oh, but soon we'll have the most energetic one of all, Melanie Jonas! Actually, I was one of the few who liked the character and actress. 

I did, too.  Do you know if MB coming back to role or is it being recast? 

• Love 1

Do Ben and Abby "make love" today? 

When the sex faces start rolling in, somebody might have to make a call!

I did, too.  Do you know if MB coming back to role or is it being recast? 

I am pretty sure the "lovemaking" is today - so glad I'll be able to FF

I do believe that it's the same actress that played Melanie the first time

• Love 3