Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

I don't buy Gabi always losing to Slappy.  Not only is Gabi gorgeous, she actually has a personality.

That's pretty much why I suggested they should try to get Ashley Benson to return. She isn't exactly the most amazing actress, but she has no problem projecting personality.

• Love 1

A few years ago, a couple of girls who worked in the 'marketing' area of my office dressed rather like they worked at a bar. Very micro mini skirts, lowrise jeans where you could see the thong, backless blouses, etc. The IT dudes actually complained. Of course, I got called out for my wardrobe when an inch of my thigh showed when I sat down - mainly a woman who hated me and found any excuse to find any sort of anything.  But I digress. Gabi could easily wear slightly longer skirts and save some of her wardrobe for parties. There are some sexy suits around.

Lani, you will eventually have to come clean that the baby is not JJs. It's not fair to him or anyone else. Eli has a right to know and then the two of you as adults can make choices of how you wish to proceed. I expect that Valerie will figure it out.

At least Ciara can find new reasons to be a bitch now with Theo gone.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Is it Stefan who is dangerous or Vivian--only time will tell.

Vivian is dangerous, and so is Kate.  Andre is a serial killer.  I don't know why the writers try to play these games.  Yeah, I'm still angry at the whole Kate and Sami couldn't handle Nick, and don't know how to cover up a crime nonsense.

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, TigerLynx said:

Vivian is dangerous, and so is Kate.  Andre is a serial killer.  I don't know why the writers try to play these games.  Yeah, I'm still angry at the whole Kate and Sami couldn't handle Nick, and don't know how to cover up a crime nonsense.

Sami, Kate and Lucas not handling Nick was so out of character and stupid.. There is no way that those three would have allowed Nick to hurt Will and take his daughter away.. Never!

• Love 2

A local sheriff's deputy was killed weekend before last and today was the public funeral, so no show for me today. is it worth my time to try to find it somewhere? also, please no one take this as disrespect for sheriff's deputies who are killed in the line of duty, but why does the local NBC affiliate think that anyone who would be interested in watching this wouldn't just go to the service?

• Love 1
22 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Thank you! I am so tired of looking at her flesh colored lips.

And for the love of god, please put some makeup on her eyes to highlight them. They are receding into her head. 

16 hours ago, Sidney said:

I love Abby, but I have no interest of two men fighting over her AGAIN! Been there already!

I don't love Abby and ditto. There is absolutely no reason to pimp her like they do except to be on Chad (Billy's actually) arm. She's (Abby, not Marci) flighty, untalented and just boring...like her mother, Jen. See below:

13 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

I don't buy Gabi always losing to Slappy.  Not only is Gabi gorgeous, she actually has a personality.

Exactly, Gabi is smart, talented, gorgeous and has a good personality. She's feisty! She shouldn't lose in love all the time. I know it's a soap and HEAs are boring after a while but jeez...losing to Abby (and Lani ish) is just not realistic.  - yes, I know I typed realistic when describing a soap. LOL

1 hour ago, plurie said:

Who are these "relatives" of Theo's in South Africa? Are they related to Abe, or Celeste? I can't imagine they're DiMiras.

I thought they meant that Faye and Brandon were going to be down there with him...not some random relatives.

Edited by swtrgrl
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, swtrgrl said:

thought they meant that Faye and Brandon were going to be down there with him...not some random relatives.

I like to see that as Faye was killed by the fake Rafe in 2011. 

Celeste and Cameron are other family members of Theo that could be with him.

2 hours ago, swtrgrl said:

And for the love of god, please put some makeup on her eyes to highlight them. They are receding into her head. 

YES! I'm just grateful they started doing her eyebrows in a darker shade because they used to look nonexistent and it was the worst.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, plurie said:

Who are these "relatives" of Theo's in South Africa? Are they related to Abe, or Celeste? I can't imagine they're DiMiras.

Perhaps, Jonah Carver and his son Benjamin are living there. I could see Celeste taking care of her grandson while he is over there.  Brandon and Cameron could also look after him as well.  The show missed an opportunity in not bringing Brandon back for Theo's shooting. He could have also interacted with Sami and had been the one to sleep with her, instead of the lunk, also known as Rafe.  I loved Sami with Brandon, if I cannot have Lumi, I would have been fine with Brami. 

Jonah Carver should have never been written out.  The actor is still hot.   The show had a lot of chances to build up the Carver family.  The show has never really done anything with that family.  

• Love 2

They seem to be heading very quickly toward the truth coming out about Lani. At this point half the town either knows who the real father is or has more than enough information to figure it out. And she's only known about the pregnancy for what feels like fifteen minutes. Which ... good. I hate a drawn-out paternity story.

I personally do not have an issue with Gabi's clothes. Or Abigail's for that matter (thought she does tend to be a bit dowdy). I am, however, personally offended by Eli's tattoos. They are just awful. Is that a Dodge Ram logo on his should blades?!

• Love 5
54 minutes ago, Vince1178 said:

They seem to be heading very quickly toward the truth coming out about Lani. At this point half the town either knows who the real father is or has more than enough information to figure it out.

Exactly. Plus, the timing is just way too far off for this to be a proper WTD storyline. JJ thinks she's two months along, whereas she's actually two weeks?! How the hell does Lani think she can realistically pull this off? Due dates can be fudged somewhat, but no woman carries a baby for 11 months! Lani blew it, she should have had sex with JJ as soon as she found out she was pregnant. She's a sorry excuse for a soap vixen, lol.

I will feel bad for JJ once the truth comes out though. He's just so darn cute and sincere. 

• Love 7
4 hours ago, nilyank said:

I like to see that as Faye was killed by the fake Rafe in 2011. 

Celeste and Cameron are other family members of Theo that could be with him.

Heh. I didn't realize Faye was killed by Fake Rafe. The only thing I really know about that storyline was Will's involvement in it. I was only watching clips. 

I swear I must have dreamed that Abe said Brandon's name. How crazy am I. RHETORICAL. Do not answer that, please.

• Love 1

I loved the scene between Vivian, Chad and John today. Loved the history being referenced and loved the pokes at Yo Ling. "Chinese - your treat!" Ha!

I thought I would hate them continuing to have Anna carrying around the urn...but they've actually done something with the story. It would have been much easier for Anna to just show up this year without it and say that she moved on, but I appreciate that they tried to use it instead and develop it a bit. That's good writing etiquette.

You have to hand it to Doc - even when she oversteps and does something a little unethical she still manages to walk out of the room looking like she just did you a favor. I'm so glad Stefano called her out on being smug back in Italy before he tried to throw her out a window.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, swtrgrl said:

Heh. I didn't realize Faye was killed by Fake Rafe. The only thing I really know about that storyline was Will's involvement in it. I was only watching clips. 

I swear I must have dreamed that Abe said Brandon's name. How crazy am I. RHETORICAL. Do not answer that, please.

Don't worry, we all share the same asylum!

• Love 4

Sooooo.... Tony's alive? Or they've found Stefano?  They better pick up that cliff-hanger tomorrow.  I kinda like being spoiler-free, assuming spoilers have revealed what Anna's cryptic letter is all about.

Edited by buffynut
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Perhaps, Jonah Carver and his son Benjamin are living there. I could see Celeste taking care of her grandson while he is over there.  Brandon and Cameron could also look after him as well.  The show missed an opportunity in not bringing Brandon back for Theo's shooting. He could have also interacted with Sami and had been the one to sleep with her, instead of the lunk, also known as Rafe.  I loved Sami with Brandon, if I cannot have Lumi, I would have been fine with Brami. 

Jonah Carver should have never been written out.  The actor is still hot.   The show had a lot of chances to build up the Carver family.  The show has never really done anything with that family.  

Indeed Brandon was so much better than Rafe..too bad suddenly he developped an attraction for lexie..and once again Sami was insecure in her relationship..the built up of their relationship was good, although he was not as charismatic as Ej...he was still so much better than dull Rafe..

• Love 1
2 hours ago, swtrgrl said:

I'm almost positive Abe said "half-brother", so that would be Brandon.  I can't remember the other relative he mentioned.  

• Love 2
20 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I legit teared up when Theo was hugging everyone goodbye lol. The actor was really real in those moments.

Those were touching scenes.  When he cried after Ciara left was especially moving.  I will miss Kyler Pettis he was good in that role.  Besides being very nice to look at, I found him so lovable as Theo.   He has this nice guy, innocent, childlike quality mixed with a great character and strength that I find so endearing in a guy.    

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Abe said his uncle and his grandmother.  So I'm guessing Celeste and Cameron?

Yeah, it would have to be Celeste and Cameron.  Brandon and Jonah are also in the medical field so it could easily of been either one of them if Abe didn't mention the titles.  I hope they work on bringing in Kyler's replacement faster.  I hope it doesn't take a whole year before Theo comes back.  He could easily respond to the treatment and be back in Salem in six months.

I'm all for bringing back Jonah, Wendy, and Benjamin Carver.  Benjamin is a contemporary of Will's, so it would be nice to see him back.  Having a gay black man on the show would be nice and give a nice addition to the Sonny/Will/Paul triangle. 

• Love 2
13 hours ago, MsTree said:

Me too. Does anyone know why he quit?

I thought the actor did a wonderful job in those scenes as he said good-bye to everyone.  I've always enjoyed the character of Theo & the actor who plays him.  His tears seemed very real.  I, too, would like to know if the actor wanted to leave the show & go on to other projects or did the producers just want to write the character off the show for awhile?  Theo could have gone into a therapy program in the United States.

• Love 2

Vivian's comments on John's father were hilarious.

What is with Abigail's hair? Is she taking bad hairstyle tips from her mother?

Andre's last comment to Kate sounded like a goodbye.

The scenes between Stefan and Abigail were really well done.  Good writing and good acting.

How does Andre have the authority to fire Gabi?  Isn't that Kate's job?

Well, whoever is spying on Anna, it isn't Andre.

• Love 4

The John/Viviana stuff was so great. I don't know one lick of the history there, but they were still such fun and lively scenes. This whole ep was pretty fun actually. The only thing I didn't like was the Stefan/Abigal scenes. I'm already over them and they've barely begun. Ugh.

3 hours ago, buffynut said:

Sooooo.... Tony's alive?

I feel like this whole week has been screaming "TONY IS ALIVE!" at me.

1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

Why did they rerun that scene between Gabi and Abigail talking about Gabichic?  It didn't add anything to the plot.

I thought I was losing my mind. I was like didn't we see literally all of this already? Annoying.

18 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Yea, that was weird. I feel like I'm missing something with all the Andre related scenes lately, but I don't know if it's because I don't know the history or just because I admittedly don't always pay that close of attention lol.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

The John/Viviana stuff was so great. I don't know one lick of the history there, but they were still such fun and lively scenes. This whole ep was pretty fun actually. The only thing I didn't like was the Stefan/Abigal scenes. I'm already over them and they've barely begun. Ugh.

I feel like this whole week has been screaming "TONY IS ALIVE!" at me.

I thought I was losing my mind. I was like didn't we see literally all of this already? Annoying.

Yea, that was weird. I feel like I'm missing something with all the Andre related scenes lately, but I don't know if it's because I don't know the history or just because I admittedly don't always pay that close of attention lol.

Vivian is John's aunt.  When John was a child he was adopted by Vivian's brother and sister in law and raised as an Alamain.  John's brother Lawrence Alamain was a psycho even as a child and repeatedly tried to kill him so John was sent away and lost contact with the Alamains and Vivian for a good portion of his life.

They were reunited in the 90's in Salem.  Since then they have enjoyed a relatively close relationship.  Vivian more or less is an incredibly eccentric/outrageous character who in the past has been subdued or made relatable by her relationships with John, Celeste, and Nicky.

• Love 3

Are we headed for another Abby loses her mind story, again? Several characters have mentioned her mental health this week. 

Stephan is a tool. 

I need something more for Gabi in the love interest department. I mean, yes, Eli is very pretty, but it's not working for me. When she was all, "My BOYFRIEND is a cop!", I was like, and also an expectant father who is a little stingy with details. I'm hoping JJ's cute little face will be there to comfort her when the shit hits the fan.

• Love 4

Maybe there wasn't enough show for the 42 minutes so the scene from yesterday was re-run. I did notice the focus on Abby's dress and Gabi's coat.

Couldn't Anna just create a locket or some sort of necklace and carry a piece of Tony in a far less heavy manner? Someone will take that urn, dump out the contents and take it to Starbucks for a coffee. Do wonder what was in the letter.

Abigail should still be on some sort of meds and also having regular sessions with a therapist.

No opinion of Stefan.

Why would Gabi be fired just after being hired? She probably could sue for breach of contract. 

• Love 1
19 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

YES! I'm just grateful they started doing her eyebrows in a darker shade because they used to look nonexistent and it was the worst.

and she's wearing a ridiculous asinine looking top knot again. i know there are better hairstyles out there for straight fine hair, aren't there? 

17 hours ago, Vince1178 said:

They seem to be heading very quickly toward the truth coming out about Lani. At this point half the town either knows who the real father is or has more than enough information to figure it out. And she's only known about the pregnancy for what feels like fifteen minutes. Which ... good. I hate a drawn-out paternity story.

I personally do not have an issue with Gabi's clothes. Or Abigail's for that matter (thought she does tend to be a bit dowdy). I am, however, personally offended by Eli's tattoos. They are just awful. Is that a Dodge Ram logo on his should blades?!

HA! that tattoo is terrible . and i love tatttoos.  lani is a moron if she for one minute thinks this deceit will not bite her in the ass one day! idiot. 

• Love 3
17 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Agreed. Their scenes together were a bit odd. And then out of the blue Lucas is being released from rehab and Kate disappears from the episode.

Why is Anna carrying Tony's remains in a water bottle? I was actually hoping she'd take up Marlena on her idea to spread the ashes only to open the "urn" and find it empty. Instead, she gets a mysterious letter from a sixth-grader who just learned how to write cool bubble letters.

If Abigail really wants Stefan gone, she should do a few #MeToo tweets about his very obvious and very gross sexual advances in the workplace.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Vince1178 said:

If Abigail really wants Stefan gone, she should do a few #MeToo tweets about his very obvious and very gross sexual advances in the workplace.

Right??  It was weird watching those scenes knowing they were filmed way before everything that's been going on since October. I can't help but wonder if Stefan is meant to be seen as dangerous-bad boy-sexy instead of repugnant. Because if so, good job, Ron! *slow claps*  I had to hand it to Abigail for calling him out, though. I was cheering for her. Despite where everyone is predicting they're gonna go with these two, I don't see her showing even a single spark of interest for Stefan. I mean, her face is pretty much completely expressionless at all times, so maybe I'm just being hopeful, lol, but so far she doesn't seem to be at all intrigued by him.

• Love 7
41 minutes ago, kassandra8286 said:

Right??  It was weird watching those scenes knowing they were filmed way before everything that's been going on since October. I can't help but wonder if Stefan is meant to be seen as dangerous-bad boy-sexy instead of repugnant. Because if so, good job, Ron! *slow claps* 

Yeah. I think the show wants us to see him as cocky and sexy. But with everything happening in the world right now regarding sexual misconduct, it just plays as creepy (on the part of Stefan) and tone deaf (on the part of the show). It also seems tone deaf on Stefan's part to think that his actions would be in any way appealing to Abigail. You are right - she clearly finds him repulsive. Learn to read a room, Dude.

• Love 6

Now this is a carefully crafted mystery story with several suspects springing up under our eyes--I like it :)

I liked Gabi's standing up to Andre and when he grabbed her arm and spoke threateningly, you could see Gabi's fear.  Well played, TP and CB :)  And that also made Andre's disdain for Gabi even more amusing--a serial killer and all around blackguard doesn't think Gabi's image as reformed felon is good for the company?  Maybe she needs to kill more people :)

MM plays Abby as a much nicer person--you can tell how much she genuinely loves her family--and I particularly loved how concerned she was at seeing Gabi's upsetment but I did crack up when she started to put her scarf around Gabi's neck and Gabi just as quickly took it off and shoved it at her.  That was rather amusing :)

So Eve called Theresa and I got the impression that she's called her sister before--nice that Theresa hasn't been completely forgotten by her family.

• Love 6

Why has Show disappeared Will, Paul and Sonny for so long?  Lucas talking about Will is not the same thing.

Interesting grouping of suspects in today's show.

I wonder what Andre was doing in getting rid of Gabi.  It had to have some motive other than the one he claimed.  There's no way Chad, Abigail and Kate would have allowed him to get away with it. Please tell me Tony is involved somehow.  And what was in the letter Anna was reading, and who was stalking her?

I love Chloe and Lucas together.

"The Next Morning".  That was a weird thing. Are they going to show us flashbacks?

Interesting way for them to get rid of Nadia till she's back after babying.

If Brady is only sleeping with Eve to keep her off balance, he's pretty much a whore.

If it's the next morning, why is Abigail wearing the same ugly dress she was wearing the day before?

• Love 7

That last scene with Marci Miller was bad.  

Andre should have been killed years ago, but, Ron rushed his murder, like he is rushing Lani's pregnancy. Andre has not done anything egregious to be killed off. His firing of Gabi was just another day in Salem, when it comes to backstabbing and lying. Ron should have built  the groundwork for his murder weeks ago.

Bryan Datillo is so handsome with his fresh hair cut. He is so youthful looking.  I wish that the show would give Lucas a real love interest. 

The show is not exciting to me, it has lost steam after Sami left.  I feel that there are interferences and Ron is being micromanaged. Ron is a lot of things, but, he is never boring. 

• Love 5

That was a pretty underwhelming "murder".  But then again I don't think we've seen the last of Thaao, at least I hope not.

I bet - this is NOT a spoiler, just my opinion - that it is Andre who is dead, but that it's Tony who killed him.  I think that somehow it will be revealed that Andre had Tony imprisoned or something, and that Tony got out and did the same to Andre, and for some reason went on pretending to be Andre.  Then Andre got out, locked up Tony again and then Andre got out and...... you get the picture.  

Anyway, the dead guy is Andre.

Speaking of dead, could Tyler Christopher be channeling the dead, because his performance is more lifeless than Andre's body.  Somebody get this man some coffee!

• Love 8
1 minute ago, boes said:

That was a pretty underwhelming "murder".  But then again I don't think we've seen the last of Thaao, at least I hope not.

I bet - this is NOT a spoiler, just my opinion - that it is Andre who is dead, but that it's Tony who killed him.  I think that somehow it will be revealed that Andre had Tony imprisoned or something, and that Tony got out and did the same to Andre, and for some reason went on pretending to be Andre.  Then Andre got out, locked up Tony again and then Andre got out and...... you get the picture.  

Speaking of dead, could Tyler Christopher be channeling the dead, because his performance is more lifeless than Andre's body.  Somebody get this man some coffee!

Plus, Anna got a mysterious letter.

• Love 4

I remember way back when Tony killed himself in order to frame John for his murder so that John and Kristen couldn't be together. I remember the sentimental interview Thaao gave at the time about how hard it was for him to push the button in that scene and say goodbye to this character that he'd played for so many years.

Then, of course, they eventually retconned it so that it wasn't Tony but Andre who died in that scene, that Tony never went dark at all in reaction to learning about Kristen and John's affair, etc. Then a later retcon made it so that Andre survived. And then Tony was killed by Marlena during that serial killer storyline, and then the show changed their minds about everyone's murders and we got Melaswen. etc. I'm sure both Tony and Andre have died and then been retconned back to life at least twice more since then, in my long periods of not watching.

So really, whether it's Andre who's dead again, or Tony - who cares? Whoever "dies" will turn up alive again at some point. We're so far away from the time Thaao could give that genuine sentimental interview about saying goodbye forever to the character he'd played (naturally, he gave it at a time when soaps still had a "sincerely dead" mode when you saw a character die onscreen and his dead body examined and confirmed dead and so forth).

Edited by Black Knight
  • Love 3

So, a European opera company calls Chloe for a role? There aren't closer substitutes? Ah well, at least she has some music friends.

Good for you, Gabi, threatening to kill Andre. Wouldn't her being fired for her father's sins, really, be an issue? Just a way for the DiMeras to make some cash.

Abigail did change her dress, or her coat to some dark flowered thing.

Eve doesn't feel a bit uncomfortable getting involved with her sister's former boyfriend/father of her little boy?

Now it's who killed Andre? Lots of suspects. Nice nod to Vivian mentioning Carly and burying her alive.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Black Knight said:

I remember way back when Tony killed himself in order to frame John for his murder so that John and Kristen couldn't be together. I remember the sentimental interview Thaao gave at the time about how hard it was for him to push the button in that scene and say goodbye to this character that he'd played for so many years.

Then, of course, they eventually retconned it so that it wasn't Tony but Andre who died in that scene, that Tony never went dark at all in reaction to learning about Kristen and John's affair, etc. Then a later retcon made it so that Andre survived. And then Tony was killed by Marlena during that serial killer storyline, and then the show changed their minds about everyone's murders and we got Melaswen. etc. I'm sure both Tony and Andre have died and then been retconned back to life at least twice more since then, in my long periods of not watching.

So really, whether it's Andre who's dead again, or Tony - who cares? Whoever "dies" will turn up alive again at some point. We're so far away from the time Thaao could give that genuine sentimental interview about saying goodbye forever to the character he'd played (naturally, he gave it at a time when soaps still had a "sincerely dead" mode when you saw a character die onscreen and his dead body examined and confirmed dead and so forth).

I remember Thaao said that the darker that Tony got, the more, he infused him, with Andre's mannerisms and inflection. He did this without the consent of the show. It was a way for him to reconcile as an actor, what was being done to Tony.  Tony was the first Dimera, on the show, followed, by Stefano..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, boes said:

tony is one of my favorite characters. i am so hoping that he is alive somehow!! and this whole murder, takeover thing: i believe andre? is not dead, there is something going on, more to it than we are being shown right now. i don't really like vivian. she can leave anytime and take stephan o with her. yuk to both of them.

9 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Plus, Anna got a mysterious letter.

i was thinking that roman put the letter in there. didn't they show him with a smirk on his face just seconds before she found it? hmm.

• Love 1