Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, buffynut said:

Google tells me a flight from Chicago to Memphis is 1 hr 45 min, so I guess a flight could make it in a commercial break. ?

Commercial breaks these days?  Most definitely.  :-)  

• Love 3
19 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Brady, your behaviour is the common denominator to most of your relationships failing.

I don't think the show really supports this for his most recent relationships.

Madison died in the DAYS-aster. Kristen was a nutjob bent on revenge, who -- when she couldn't screw his father -- drugged and raped his step-brother, the then-still active priest.

Melanie left Brady so that he and Theresa could have a chance at parenting Tate. Theresa left Brady because someone was threatening her. 

Even with Nicole, her feelings for Eric started to return as soon as she forgave him for killing Daniel. Sure, Brady's jealousy strained their relationship and his drinking exacerbated his bad behavior, but Nicole only saw or learned about the behavior, not the drinking. 

I'm really not enthusiastic about Jennifer and Eric. I like both characters, but they each need to be paired wth someone more dynamic. I've long wished Brady and Jennifer would get a shot. I also think Chloe and Eric would be a better match than Eric and Jen. 

I'm glad Kassie DeP is well enough to return to work but I am not looking forward to Eve's return. The only thing I'd be interested in is seeing how a Justin/Eve pairing worked, but Justin and Adrienne seemed poised to reunite.

Poor Bryan Dattilo. I hope Ron isn't shelving Lucas.

• Love 2
58 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

I've always assumed "Salem, USA" is somewhere between St. Louis and Springfield, IL.  If I'm somewhat close to being correct, it's probably only 4ish hours in the car to get to Memphis.  A plane would take an hour?

They drive to Cubs games in Chicago all the time.

• Love 1

I wonder if Eve is back to try and fight for custody of Tate. I know we just went through a really painful custody storyline - in that it went on forever and was badly written - but I'm pretty sure that if Eve sticks around she'll notice young Tate is the last thing on Brady's mind and that he's going around town raging.

I don't want to be spoiled, but my guess is she will be the obstacle to Adrienne and Justin reuniting, because he will still have feelings for Eve. And then somewhere along the way she'll wake Brady up to the fact that he's being a terrible parent to his young son. That's enough to warrant her sticking around on the show for another 2 or 3 months. I agree that I don't see her as a full-time cast member but I welcome a brief return.

• Love 3

Scarlet O'Hara type.  Well, to quote  the opening line of the book: "Scarlett O'Hara was not beautiful, but men selmdom realized it when once caught by her charms as the Tarleton twins were."  Of course Vivian Leigh was such a knock out, that elementn (charm over beauty) is forgotten.

Scarlett O'Hara as a character changes depending on which lens you look at her through (IMO) and whether or not you factor in the era of when the book was written, the era of when the novel/movie took place, or compare her to today's norms.  I'll boil it down to: smarter than most around her, vain, actually had an inner integrity despite able to lie like a rug, tough, and determined.  Compared to her peers, she ran her own life in an era where most women did not, fiercely protected what mattered to her, and was blind to what her heart really wanted in a man.  I'd say Kate has the closest chance of being Scarlett.  Sami is not smart enough (Really? Grabbed the police commissioner's gun?) Nicole had too many stupid schemes over the years. Hope doesn't have the passion/ambition.  The rest aren't really in the running for me.  Please note, I am only a casual DOOL fan.. so it's just my impressions.

... back on topic....

In my 20's and early 30's.... I could RUN LIKE THE WIND in high heeled shoes.  If I was to think about it now, I see it as being an absolutely insane choice and I'm stunned I never broke an ankle.  But back in the day?  Fearless.  I think if Bonnie is fleeing for her life, she might have it in her.  Especially if Brady underestimated her.  On the other hands... how she kept the 'girls' inside her dress, I'll never know. 

Today's fight with Eric & Brady - well done.  And can I just say "shut up Victor"?  Sorry, but you are NOT a good example for Brady. And maybe that was the point of burying Deimos.  It'll give Brady pause.  We also saw Eric decide to partially blame Nicole.  He KNOWS Brady did something but he's holding it as a secret against Nicole.  Obviously this is partially driven by not wanting to have him chase after her due to show external factors.  But the today's episode started with a brutal fight and ended with the path to reconcilliation being laid out for Eric and Brady (even though I think it should take a long, long time).  Brady doesn't want to spit on his brother's grave (as Victor did) and Eric is going to pray for Brady.  I'm actually okay with it.  IF Nicole comes back, then there's still a can of worms to open (Nicole couldn't tell Eric because Eric can't hold in a lie and the alternative was for them to go on the lamb).  If she doesn't, Eric and Brady can set aside their difference long term.  

IMO Brady was best when he lived OUTSIDE of Victor's influence with Theresa.  

Justin was a real stand-up guy today! Trying to do the right thing and tell Lucas.  He knows he's going to lose Adrienne. And he got her out of jail.  Good job Justin.

I'm ready for Lucas to go to rehab.  Thrilled to see Eve come back.

So the farmhouse set is now repurposed as Memphis with a boatload of Halloween decorations?  I see 90% shennanigans in our future, 10% plot.

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, SueB said:

Scarlet O'Hara type.  Well, to quote  the opening line of the book: "Scarlett O'Hara was not beautiful, but men selmdom realized it when once caught by her charms as the Tarleton twins were."  Of course Vivian Leigh was such a knock out, that elementn (charm over beauty) is forgotten.

Scarlett O'Hara as a character changes depending on which lens you look at her through (IMO) and whether or not you factor in the era of when the book was written, the era of when the novel/movie took place, or compare her to today's norms.  I'll boil it down to: smarter than most around her, vain, actually had an inner integrity despite able to lie like a rug, tough, and determined.  Compared to her peers, she ran her own life in an era where most women did not, fiercely protected what mattered to her, and was blind to what her heart really wanted in a man.  I'd say Kate has the closest chance of being Scarlett.  Sami is not smart enough (Really? Grabbed the police commissioner's gun?) Nicole had too many stupid schemes over the years. Hope doesn't have the passion/ambition.  The rest aren't really in the running for me.  Please note, I am only a casual DOOL fan.. so it's just my impressions.

I respectfully disagree about Kate having the closest chance of being Scarlett..in any way, shape or form..the only thing in common is both are strong female characters and that is all imho. And Sami is impulsive but also smart (for a soap character at least).

Edited by pau
  • Love 1
42 minutes ago, pau said:

I respectfully disagree about Kate having the closest chance of being Scarlett..in any way, shape or form..the only thing in common is both are strong female characters and that is all imho. And Sami is impulsive but also smart (for a soap character at least).

Fair enough.  I only 'know' Kate from the last few years.  

The girls were kept in the dress probably with double-sided tape.

Nice to see that Sami changed from the red-orange pantsuit. It sure was a fast flight to Memphis - some days in Salem last for weeks! It did look like a repurposed Eric's farmhouse, though. No wonder he's moved back to Salem. Memphis decided to move next door.

Victor was right in that Eric and Brady should find a park to go all out - not wreck the Kiriakis living room!

Is Deimos mummified by now or long since decomposed?

Too bad Lucas couldn't take one minute out of his misery to listen to Justin about - Adrienne. Justin - still being the decent, stand-up guy.

• Love 3

seeing KdP again made me wish that she and VI had been on the show at the same time. but since Deimos is dead and gone, I hope they revisit her relationship with Justin. I also wish that she had been brought on originally as a new character, and not as Eve. I just cannot reconcile her as an older Charlotte Ross (though Charlotte Ross is old enough to have been a parent on Glee back when that show was first on)

• Love 4
3 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

Why aren't Kate and Lucas with Sami?  If anyone should be looking for Will, it's those three. 

Lucas did get brought up and Sami vetoed bringing him on the grounds that he's a hot mess right now. After seeing him on the phone with Adrienne and then today with Justin, I had to agree with her. There's more of an argument for Kate, but, it's not like they're actually looking for Will on this trip, they're just hoping to learn who paid Rolf. It's more of a minor quest. Hopefully Kate will play more of a part when they get closer to finding Will.

I chuckled at Hope being all, "I have to prove to you that I do understand, Sami!" Yes, that's why Sami was able to manipulate you, Hope. She knows it's more important to you to be thought empathetic than be thought a competent police commissioner.

Hope/Rafe are just the snooze I'd expected they'd be when I checked out of DAYS last time. Trashing the Hope/Aiden relationship in order to pair Hope/Rafe, and using the excuse of giving Bope closure to do it, as if Bope closure was ever the show's real purpose in trashing Hope/Aiden, remains one of the dumbest decisions this show did in the last few years. For some reason they were hellbent on pairing Hope with Rafe, and wow, they are just putting my TV to sleep with all the sparks they're giving off.

I'm not reading spoilers, but usually soaps are so predictable even without them. As such, I was pleasantly surprised to realize that I really have no idea who the gang saw at the door of the Memphis house at the end of this episode.

• Love 4

I was totally wondering if those figurines were trashed. I think I remember the table behind the sofa getting cleared though, so maybe the set decorator just took them away for the few shots where the guys were fighting and then put them back afterwards? Whatever. I hate those things. They are dollar store chintzy and I can't believe after the Pier One Elephant Fiasco that the set decorator would try to suggest Maggie suddenly had a cherished collection of figures, especially when we see the Kiriakis living room every day and they never appeared prior to Bonnie moving in.

Hope/Rafe are just the snooze I'd expected they'd be when I checked out of DAYS last time. Trashing the Hope/Aiden relationship in order to pair Hope/Rafe, and using the excuse of giving Bope closure to do it, as if Bope closure was ever the show's real purpose in trashing Hope/Aiden, remains one of the dumbest decisions this show did in the last few years. For some reason they were hellbent on pairing Hope with Rafe, and wow, they are just putting my TV to sleep with all the sparks they're giving off.

LOLOL. I love your sarcasm. And yes indeed, it almost does seem like they used Bo's return as a way to cover up the agenda to trash Aiden. Honestly, I don't think it was malicious. Daniel Cosgrove was even invited back to the show a few months later for what ended up being a second round of character trashing, but all this to say I think they liked the actor. The problem was Dena Higley, the head writer who created Rafe and wanted to position him as a major leading man on the canvas. So naturally, she went to the subtle route of having Bo tell Rafe that he gets to occupy his place in the cast now by banging Hope. Because that's how good writing works! Aiden was just collateral damage, and I continue to feel really badly for Daniel Cosgrove. And us.

The girls were kept in the dress probably with double-sided tape.

I thought it was a story decision to have Bonny parade her breasts around while impersonating a woman recovering from breast cancer. If this was still the Reilly era, that would have actually gone somewhere.

• Love 5

I claim to be a pacifist but wow did I love seeing Eric punch Brady     

Victor is just so miserable and nasty no amount of money is worth being married to him. Bonnie should feel lucky she didn’t have to spend one minute being his wife.  

Also liked Adrienne and Sonny mother and son bond.  Actually I only like Sonny with his parents.  They seem to bring out the best in him. 

Love Sami Brady.  That character brings so much to the show JMHO 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, bobcat1946 said:

Sonny is a pig who like a child wanted Mommy and Daddy back together again and did not care that Justin slept around with Ho.

How does wanting your parents together equate to being a "pig"?? 

Justin paid the price for having an affair. There's a thing called forgiveness for all humans.

• Love 6
On 10/28/2017 at 8:20 PM, tribeca said:

Also liked Adrienne and Sonny mother and son bond.  Actually I only like Sonny with his parents.  They seem to bring out the best in him. 

I won't say I only like Sonny with his parents (though I used to like him better than I do now, I still have some affection for the character), but I always liked his relationship with his parents, and I agree that his relationships with Adrienne and Justin were always moving and felt real -- even when Adrienne was in her most judgmental mode.

• Love 3

I still haven't finished watching through last week but I honestly cannot believe the way the Hope and Sami confrontation was handled with Dr. Rolfe. I think Ron is writing Sami as being on the brink of a complete breakdown, but Allison isn't really bringing it. She's doing fine, but day after day Sami seems to barge into situations that she has absolutely no right to be in and starts threatening and demanding things of people. She's done it with Andre and with Rolfe and now she's going to do it in Memphis. The only way that narrative works is if everyone around Sami is so afraid of her that they just cave. What I'm seeing on screen is definitely a flustered Sami and a pissed-off Sami, but not a Sami who's so swept up in her emotions that she's stealing a gun from Hope and literally breaking into a stranger's house. I'm really glad Alison is back, but I think the only way for this story to work is if Sami is completely losing it. That's not the performance we're getting.

...and in writing all that I realize that most of Nicole's story this year also wouldn't work unless she was perpetually losing it. Her ranting and raving about Daniel and drugging Chloe and fleeing to Canada and then murdering Deimos, etc, all of it required Zucker to be crying and freaked out almost every week. It got so tiring that it hurt the character. So maybe we should be glad Sami isn't playing this full tilt even though the script seems to demand it.

On a separate note, I really would have liked one scene of Rolfe and Hattie interacting. Isn't he the reason she was transformed into Marlena's lookalike? I don't know if they ever got closure on that (since apparently the original story changed and the Hattie angle was dropped), and I think it would have been a nice epilogue to Hattie's recent Marlena impersonation story for her to give him a piece of her mind and for him to explain why he did it or offer an apology. It sucked that they never flashed back to the episodes when she was originally being transformed. Since Rolfe was coming back to the show it would have been the perfect opportunity to get some closure there, if Ron had thought of it. Hattie's impersonation of Marlena wasn't much of a story to begin with, so I feel like the bigger arc to address is the impact Stefano and Rolfe had on her life. As it stands now, Hattie as a woman manipulated seems to be forgotten. I wonder if she'll even appear again. Maybe once Bonnie is back in the clink.

And wouldn't it have been great if Hope, instead of botching the entire confrontation with the Doctor, had managed to successfully extract some information from him like a good cop would and agreed not to arrest him on the condition that he go and speak with Hattie, her good friend whose life he screwed up? That would have been a nice gesture on her part.

The reveal in the Bonnie story that everybody knew about Xander's mission was a bit of a let-down. Let me get this straight: Victor smuggled out Xander out of a Greek prison to try and kill Deimos, but then had to have him smuggled back into that same Greek prison...when apparently all along he could have just as easily secured Zander's complete release? Why bother with the whole bringing him back to the prison thing if Victor had the connections to have him totally set free to hunt down Deimos long-term? And also, how the hell did he convince anybody to set Xander free? He kidnapped a woman and a baby and held them hostage on an island and then imprisoned a third person. That doesn't seem like the kind of thing any judicial system would overlook.

My point is either Victor has the power to get people released from prison completely in Greece, or he doesn't and has to sneak them out...the show needs to decide which.

I get annoyed when Victor's influence fluctuates so greatly. Apparently he had Kristen's Italian Castle under watch for months and had the entire place surrounded when he helped Brady got there (*not that we ever saw any of Victor's men taking any action during the storyline*)...but somehow Mexican drug lord Mateo is so powerful that Victor won't even take him on, even when the guy is breaking into his house and holding his grandson Tate?! Hun?

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 1

Oh man, Sonny just got his ass kicked by an Elvis impersonator--DAMN!!  And I loved his "Will's my husband, the man I love!""  I sense angst approaching for Will and Paul.  Bring it :):)

I like seeing Eve back because she's a tie to Theresa and she can be a thorn in Victor and Brady's sides, two things that need to happen, however, I can do without the stupid Eve moaning music that accompanies her every scene.

And you know what I can also do without in this whole Ciara, Theo, Claire nonsense is how Ciara and Theo have somehow been excused for their crappy behavior but we keep getting reminded of Claire's.  Theo hired that jackass Wyatt kid to date Ciara which is horrible and Ciara, despite knowing that her niece Claire and Theo were in a relationship, decides to write him a letter declaring her feelings--am I the only one who thinks that's a nasty, back-stabbing thing to do?  But we can never forget that Claire kept that precious letter from Theo.  Please Tripp, step up your game and steal Claire from Theo--PPPLLLEEEEAAAASSSEEE!!!  I did like his reaction to Ciara's being Claire's aunt, though :)

Abby and Chad being cutesy together trick or treating with Thomas felt very forced--not buying that the Chabby's an epic romance, show.

• Love 4

So was today kinda boring?  It was nice having the Halloween acknowledgement, which I don't think we got last year, but not that interested in the Claire/Theo/Tripp triangle. Nor the Dimera business stuff.

And though I guess I'm glad Chabby are back together, they are quite boring. Where was Thomas trick-or-treating? The stores in Salem town square? They should have had them go to the loft for a minute. Then Claire could have given candy to someone. 

So Eve was married to Deimos.  That's a bit random, but I guess they needed a reason to bring Eve back to town. Does she have a history with Victor? Or Brady? Other than Theresa.

The only interesting storyline was Memphis, though nothing really happened. I presume "Elvis" was talking to Will, but even that seems too obvious.

Maybe tomorrow will be more sweeps-worthy. Since I'm avoiding spoilers, I have no idea what's happening tomorrow or the rest of the week.

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, buffynut said:

So was today kinda boring?  It was nice having the Halloween acknowledgement, which I don't think we got last year, but not that interested in the Claire/Theo/Tripp triangle. Nor the Dimera business stuff.

And though I guess I'm glad Chabby are back together, they are quite boring. Where was Thomas trick-or-treating? The stores in Salem town square? They should have had them go to the loft for a minute. Then Claire could have given candy to someone. 

So Eve was married to Deimos.  That's a bit random, but I guess they needed a reason to bring Eve back to town. Does she have a history with Victor? Or Brady? Other than Theresa.

The only interesting storyline was Memphis, though nothing really happened. I presume "Elvis" was talking to Will, but even that seems too obvious.

Maybe tomorrow will be more sweeps-worthy. Since I'm avoiding spoilers, I have no idea what's happening tomorrow or the rest of the week.

Eve was around when Victor was harassing Kim and Shane. She knows about Victor's attempts to take her baby brother Andrew, whom she adored away from Kim. Plus, Victor tried to kill Shane numerous times. 

• Love 3
41 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Eve was around when Victor was harassing Kim and Shane. She knows about Victor's attempts to take her baby brother Andrew, whom she adored away from Kim. Plus, Victor tried to kill Shane numerous times. 

Thanks for reminding me that Eve is Shane's daughter.  When I think of current Eve, I only remember her being Paige's mother.  And Theresa's sister.  I always forget the Shane connection.  

• Love 3

Thomas lives in the DiMera mausoleum but he's afraid of spooky houses?  :/

I laughed when Victor spit on Deimos's grave.

They did kinda just walk into Elvis's house.

"Do you think when you talk about seeing me naked you could avoid the phrase 'no big deal'?"

"He has a huge problem with lying." "Boy, does he live in the wrong town."

Elvis has a driver's license with the name Elvis Presley on it? And the cops said he doesn't have a criminal record?  Hm.  Though I did laugh at the Memphis cop scrolling through Sami's arrest record on his phone.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, buffynut said:

Thanks for reminding me that Eve is Shane's daughter.  When I think of current Eve, I only remember her being Paige's mother.  And Theresa's sister.  I always forget the Shane connection.  

I understand. I like Kassie, but, she is not Eve to me. She should have been a recast Melissa Horton. The problem with the show is that when they recast a character, they completely change the character to fit the writers vision that clashes with the character's established history. 

Eve's disdain for Theresa, Jack and Jennifer never made any sense. Eve adored her siblings and she always felt guilty that she was indirectly responsible for Kim losing her first daughter. She was friends with Jack and they were partners in crime, in order to secure her inheritance. Eve never hated Jennifer, she just called her out for playing games with Frankie. Eve was right. Back then heroines were allowed to be flawed and not propped. Eve was not a villainess out to get her.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

Thomas looked cute in his pumpkin costume.

The whole Eve and Deimos marriage reveal made me go 'huh'. Wasn't he also chasing Nicole around that time? At least she is back to bring some much needed trouble to Victor and Brady.

I suppose that anyone can change their name to Elvis Presley. Especially if this dude is some sort of entertainer. But, no, the Salem folk should not have just crashed in to his home.  Paul should have stayed home with Lucas.

• Love 3
On 10/29/2017 at 2:40 AM, MsTree said:

How does wanting your parents together equate to being a "pig"?? 

Justin paid the price for having an affair. There's a thing called forgiveness for all humans.

But I wonder if Justin would even be in Salem if he had his way.  It pretty nay killed him when Victor forced him to stay in Salem away from his hoe.

I must have missed this on Friday but did Sami, Sonny, Paul, John, and Marlena actually break into Elvis's house or did they just walk in uninvited ?   If so, why the hell did Sami call the cops to a house they broke into?  I loved Elvis knocking Sonny out, lol.  The actor playing Elvis looks and sounds like Bobby from Young and the Restless.  I loved Bobby and Brittany on that show.  I will have to look it up to see if it is the same guy.  I also laughed when Elvis said he hired Rolf to bring  Elvis back from the dead, lol.  My other question is why was Sami allowed to leave town after she was arrested for stealing Hope's gun?  I thought if a person is arrested for a crime and released on bail, they are ordered not to leave town.  Is the crew just assuming that Elvis knows something about Will or did they get some kind of concrete evidence?  I missed parts of the show on Friday.  There had to be a better way to talk to them break into his house?  That right away will put a guy on the hostile side and he may be completely innocent.  That was funny when Elvis said he had a gun upstairs and he could use it on them and John shows off his gun.  Please, Elvis has more of a right to shoot them for breaking into his house and he would not face any charges for it.  John would end up in prison if he shot Elvis.

Chabby was boring and OMG his constant stuttering drives me crazy.  My apologies if the actor has an actual stuttering problem.  I was watching live so unfortunately  I could not fast forward their scenes like I normally do. 

I enjoyed seeing Eve again but it is still hard for me as a huge One Life to Live fan to see Kassie as anyone but Blair.  Seeing Deimos made me realize how I miss seeing Vincent I on my screen.  I know Deimos was not popular but I was so excited and hopeful when they hired the actor.  He is so talented and handsome.  

I don't like how hateful Victor is towards Deimos.  Vic set up his little bro for murder and said bro spent over 30 years in prison for a crime he didn't commit.  Of course he wanted some payback and Vic should understand that instead of whining about it and plotting to kill Deimos.  True Deimos did some bad things but Vic has done far worse so he shouldn't be so quick to condemn Deimos and rejoice in his death. 

• Love 3

It was nice having the Halloween acknowledgement, which I don't think we got last year...

Oh, we got it. Hope was publicly exposed as Stefano's murderer, remember? And now, a year later, she's Commissioner of Police.

*eyeroll*

The whole Eve and Deimos marriage reveal made me go 'huh'. Wasn't he also chasing Nicole around that time? At least she is back to bring some much needed trouble to Victor and Brady...

I hate the idea of them continuing to write story for Deimos. He was a dud and now he's dead. Can we please move on? And no, it doesn't make sense that she married him because he was constantly on our screens and managed to have three significant relationships: Kate, Chloe and Nicole. There was no time for this relationship to happen. What's next? They bring back Caroline and reveal she managed to have Deimos' baby?

And what's worse is that Eve had plenty of story potential. Theresa has been missing for a year and one would assume her sister would be alarmed to have no contact with her after they had grown so close. She could have been coming back to town to ask Brady if he had any idea where she had vanished to. She also simply could have been coming back to spend time with Tate, as she did last December. Plus she was Claire's music teacher for a while before Belle got jealous and tried to sever their connection. She could have been coming back simply to see Claire. This is also a little bit more than two years since Paige was killed. I could easily see her wanting to visit her daughter's grave, especially if she heard something about Will having possibly survived Ben's attack. Then there's the Justin angle, which is one I really wanted to see the show payoff since they had great chemistry.

So there you have it - five different story possibilities. And they chose instead to give her a made-up marriage to Deimos?

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, jaylee-03031 said:
1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

His name is John Enos, and his imdb says he played Bobby on Y&R.

Thank you so much for looking it up for me.  So it is John-he's a lot of fun to watch on screen. 

I knew he looked familiar! I did not see him on Y&R, but imdb says he was also on Melrose Place, which must be where I know him from.

1 hour ago, jaylee-03031 said:

My other question is why was Sami allowed to leave town after she was arrested for stealing Hope's gun?  I thought if a person is arrested for a crime and released on bail, they are ordered not to leave town.

Well, Hope the esteemed murderer-turned-police-commissioner gave Sami the address, knowing perfectly well that Sami would go there. So I guess you could say Sami had police permission to leave town. It is Hope we're talking about, after all. Snark aside, I don't think "allowed" really fits since Sami took a private plane and stayed within the United States (so she wouldn't have needed her passport, which they probably did confiscate). Yes, she should be in more trouble if the PD apart from Hope finds out about her little field trip to Memphis, but it's not that she was allowed to leave, it's just that she ignored the usual instructions about not leaving town. Which is no surprise given it's Sami.

I wrote that I had no idea who was at the door, but I really wasn't expecting Elvis! Typical Ron camp. Although since he's being played by John Enos, he might actually be sticking around for a bit. Of course, if I see Elvis on DAYS what immediately pops into my mind is Susan's hilarious wedding to John. I'll never forget Kristen and Marlena watching in the locked room, Kristen fuming while Marlena laughed her head off at how humiliating this was for Kristen.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I understand. I like Kassie, but, she is not Eve to me. She should have been a recast Melissa Horton. The problem with the show is that when they recast a character, they completely change the character to fit the writers vision that clashes with the character's established history. 

Lisa Trusel is Melissa for me, so not sure if I could have accepted Kassie in the role or not.  Not that it matters. LOL.

7 hours ago, jaylee-03031 said:

Chabby was boring and OMG his constant stuttering drives me crazy.  My apologies if the actor has an actual stuttering problem.  I was watching live so unfortunately  I could not fast forward their scenes like I normally do. 

What is up with that stuttering? It's quite annoying.  I don't think the actor has a stuttering problem, but I'd be afraid I'd pick up the habit from doing it so much as Chad.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, jaylee-03031 said:

I don't like how hateful Victor is towards Deimos.  Vic set up his little bro for murder and said bro spent over 30 years in prison for a crime he didn't commit.  Of course he wanted some payback and Vic should understand that instead of whining about it and plotting to kill Deimos.  True Deimos did some bad things but Vic has done far worse so he shouldn't be so quick to condemn Deimos and rejoice in his death. 

Deimos deserved Victor's contempt. He was responsible for Bo's death and poisoned Maggie. Two people who never did anything to him. Plus, Deimos is a retcon.  Victor's only sibling was Justin's dad Alexander.  it is why Justin and Victor clung to each other, since they only had each other. Both yearned to have a family and both made different choices to achieve that dream.   The show has to change established history to fit their agenda.  Deimos could have been Victor's long lost son or the show could actually read up on a character's history and create a story from there. Deimos could have been Ernesto Toscano's son who targeted Victor , just like Ernesto did all those years ago during the  cruise of deception that led to Hope's presumed death.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

Today was an excellent Halloween episode, filled with truly horrifying moments:

Ben's strangling Kayla and then swearing Dr. Rolfe could bring her back

Paige going crazy and stabbing Lani with a pitchfork

Serena attacking Chad and hitting him on the head

Dr. Rolfe changing Hope into Princess Gina and having her poison Rafe

This was a damn interesting and entertaining Halloween installment of Days :)

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Star Aristille said:

And with the infamous elephant, no less.

Which was on chads nightstand when the dream was over.  Cue creepy music.  

48 minutes ago, buffynut said:

It was entertaining. And until they killed Kayla, I was fine with what was going on. ?

That one was very real and not campy.  It made me sad but I love Steve and Kayla. 

34 minutes ago, Artsda said:

I vote to keep Gina.

Her heart belongs to John.  

John and Marlena need a break.  Those kids have been through so much. 

• Love 1