Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

So Alyssa is not Ally Horton, despite the rumors.

Who is this accommodating pilot that will fly anywhere in the world with an international fugitive?

Does Jade really think that if Kayla gets arrested for Ava's murder, Joey won't confess?

I knew that cop was going to be dirty.

• Love 4

Guys PLEASE make a note that this is LITERALLY current days happenings and it is MARKED "No Spoilers". Please stop posting spoilers in this thread. If we keep having to mod note then we will start handing out time outs. Angry bun is angry.

angry-bunny.jpg

• Love 1

Nicole, it's all noble for you to try to rescue Eric, but why are you so stupid? You are in Greece, the Kiriakis homeland, where the name talks and money buys favours. You can't just walk up to some cop for help. Hopefully you gave the nice pilot the info as to where you were going so he can call up the Cavalry to rescue you.

Jade, you hate Kayla for not funding you anymore. All this 'revenge' crap will backfire on you. If Kayla is 'arrested' you can bet that Joey will turn himself in as the real killer.

• Love 3

What is the obsession with Show and muffins?

Er, JJ, your attempt at forcing Gabi to leave sorta backfired, didn't it?  The big, bad macho men telling the little girl what to do, hm?

Love Lucas reading Chloe for filth.

Oh, ffs, another interruption of Show for a press conference.  :(

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Love Lucas reading Chloe for filth.

Me, too.  Between Justin and now Lucas doing it to her this week, I am content.  She did get the ball rolling for all of this, and it's nice that the show is reminding us of that through the characters.  Even characters who don't like Nicole (Kate and now Lucas) are throwing it in Chloe's face.

• Love 4
On 5/16/2017 at 9:46 PM, Frozendiva said:

So Dario isn't a US citizen? Was Mama Hernandez one when she had him? Wouldn't he have dual citizenship? He couldn't try a family visa? Surely there is an immigration lawyer in Salem who can help him out. And not have to do a quickie wedding to Abs. A so-called platonic 'friend'.

I think he's making it all up to get Abby to marry him.

• Love 1
58 minutes ago, Nalan said:

Me, too.  Between Justin and now Lucas doing it to her this week, I am content.  She did get the ball rolling for all of this, and it's nice that the show is reminding us of that through the characters.  Even characters who don't like Nicole (Kate and now Lucas) are throwing it in Chloe's face.

And it also seems like Chloe's inherited Ann's wrap dresses--the wardrobe people aren't very inventive are they?

I do enjoy Gabi and Chad together, I just can't help myself because they're just so darn cute :)  And instead of telling her what to do like JJ, Eli, Sonny and Paul, Chad realizes that Gabi's not a person to be pushed around and will make her own choices.  I wonder if she's in possession of the amulet of doom and that's why they're about to be robbed?

• Love 3

Dario told Rafe today that Eduardo's arrest threw up all sorts of red flags about the Hernandi, and since he was born in Mexico when Mami Hernandez was visiting there (and I guess she is/was not a US citizen) he can be deported.

• Love 1

Good for Lucas to give Chloe a little chat and give her some truth. Yep, she did put all the crap in to motion. Being a 'surrogate' means you give up your rights. Surely there is some legal document that has her signature. Did feel for him a bit when he was talking to Adrienne - some men do not get past a woman's scars and cancer treatment.

The amulet of doom? Gabi's sprained ankle? The break-in at the hotel room?

Hope really has no reason to be in Greece and neither do any of the other Salem cops. They all can't get free time off to pursue a case that is out of their bailiwick - granted, they don't seem to have an actual jurisdiction. Eating souvlaki is nice and all, but they do need to actually, er, do something.

Eli, who do you want? Lani or Gabi?

Wouldn't it be a bit suspicious to the US INS folks that Abs is conveniently getting a divorce just in time to marry Dario? The marriage would need to last long enough for the INS folks to not be even more suspicious.

• Love 1
57 minutes ago, YupItsMe said:

I think he's making it all up to get Abby to marry him.

He told Rafe about it, too, so I don't think he's making it up.

14 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Eli, who do you want? Lani or Gabi?

Yeah, I don't know, either.  There's a whole lot of chemistry testing going on among that set.  They have Eli with Gabi for now, yet are testing him with Lani in case they go with Gabi being with Chad.  They're testing Lani with Eli, but also with J.J.  And they're keeping Abigail in Chad's orbit, yet also trying her out with Dario, with whom they're also seemingly testing Chloe.  On one hand, I get it, and I applaud it.  Always good to weigh all of the options and look at all of the lanes before they ultimately pick one.  It feels like the old-school days of soaps when they did much chemistry testing, as well, rather than just rely on one planned romantic pairing.  On the other hand, it feels like a case of musical partners.  As much as I give them credit for looking at the various lanes and keeping them open, it's getting close to time to pick a romantic lane for each character and stick with each one.

• Love 1

but, here is the problem: they are taping SIX MONTHS OUT so they have no way to gauge audience reaction. THEY might think X and Y should be the couple, when we at home are liking X and Z, and Y with someone else entirely. but they have no way of knowing that, since they are now doing something we won't see till November. The perfect examples of the problems with this are Stephen Nichols as Steve Johnson here, and Tony Geary as Luke Spencer on GH, who were both originally intended as day players, but both got such immediate fan reaction that they were written into long-term roles. At that time I don't things were longer than a month out at most.

• Love 2

It's becoming silly having Chad and Gabi in some dangerous situation eveytime they're together. I still don't see the purpose of her coming to Greece other than hanging around Chad.

I would have much preferred Abby talking to Adreinne than having the same boring scenes with Dario.

Looking forward to Dena's awful stories wrapping up soon.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Sidney said:

I would have much preferred Abby talking to Adreinne than having the same boring scenes with Dario.

She did talk to Adrienne just today.  That encouraged her to go to Dario about his problem.

On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 9:14 PM, Frozendiva said:

Nicole, it's all noble for you to try to rescue Eric, but why are you so stupid? You are in Greece, the Kiriakis homeland, where the name talks and money buys favours. You can't just walk up to some cop for help. Hopefully you gave the nice pilot the info as to where you were going so he can call up the Cavalry to rescue you.

Given her tirade against him last Friday, I'm surprised she did try to rescue him.

Is the crime lord wanting revenge on Dario the same one who Theresa took off with?

I don't hate Rafe when he's apart from Hope.  I even liked the brothers scene with him and Dario, though for a sec I forgot they were brothers. 

I think I saw a some chemistry between Dario and Chloe. 

I really like MM's version of Abigail, however, it's like a completely brand new character.

Wonder if the fans started a GoFundMe for Days if they could get some new sets. The plane set is new, but it's ridiculous that a million scenes are taking place there.  

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Nalan said:

She did talk to Adrienne just today.  That encouraged her to go to Dario about his problem.

I know she had scenes with Adreinne. My point was I wished her scenes with her would have been about something more (like her health) than pushing this ridiculous deportation story.

14 minutes ago, buffynut said:

Is the crime lord wanting revenge on Dario the same one who Theresa took off with?

I don't hate Rafe when he's apart from Hope.  I even liked the brothers scene with him and Dario, though for a sec I forgot they were brothers. 

I think I saw a some chemistry between Dario and Chloe. 

I really like MM's version of Abigail, however, it's like a completely brand new character.

Wonder if the fans started a GoFundMe for Days if they could get some new sets. The plane set is new, but it's ridiculous that a million scenes are taking place there.  

Dario scenes with Chloe was the first time I found him halfway interesting.

• Love 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, Sidney said:

Dario scenes with Chloe was the first time I found him halfway interesting.

I liked him with Nicole when he first showed up.

I really love Justin and Lucas giving Chloe a hard case of the truth: Holly is not her baby. She's basically a baby stealer. She's not in the right here. She stole and implanted an embryo without permission from the owners. Having a previous contract is not sufficient. She was a baby carrier and that's all. She doesn't get to back out b/c she doesn't like Nicole's life choices. BABY STEALER. 

(I feel better now)

Edited by swtrgrl
Adding crap
  • Love 7

More proof Higley has no ideas. 

She's using her recyclable story plot with a foreign character needing to be married to avoid being exported out the country. 

Did this shit happen with EJ/Nicole? 

Oh brother.  

Entertainment industry, I beg, you stop hiring Dena Higley. She has no creativity and a one trick pony. 

• Love 3

Did this shit happen with EJ/Nicole? 

EJ and Sami after they were already married the first time. It was to delay the annulment/divorce and force them to live together with the twins. 

I hope we get filled in on Wyatt's background.  He's awfully shady.

Why is Chad acting so wimpy with that guy with the knife?

Why is Andre back from Greece?

Kate and Andre are hilarious together.

Wow, Claire actually concerned about somebody else besides herself?  Or was that just a ploy to get Ciara away from Theo?

Jeez, Eli, be a dick.

• Love 2

Look, Days Writers need to help a sista out and have Chad and Gabi smash for once. I wouldn't even complain about a one week affair. Seriously, they can't keep messing with my emotions with these Chad and Gabi scenes that have no payoff at the end. Let these two get together for a moment. 

We all know Fragile Abby and Chad is the shows OTP or whatever but let others enjoy Chabi while you have the other separated. 

• Love 2

Abby, do get in touch with an immigration lawyer for your own sake and learn that Dario has just a few forms to sign, really. Dario, nice of you to hope that somewhere down the line, Abs falls for you. Not a good way to have any sort of marriage - one based on a whopper of a lie. You are also getting a woman who is not hugely mentally or emotionally stable. She gleefully set a dude on fire. Next time, it could be you!

Nice of Theo to spill the goods on Wyatt. Ciara will hate him for a while.

Eli, Gabi is not the only woman in Salem. You have no business with her personal business. You and she are not serious. She has mentioned Chad and right now, you are a second or other distant down the line choice.

Kate and Andre are enjoyable.

So let's see what happens with the $20 million amulet. And Chad, Gabi is right there with you and you may wish to take advantage of your opportunity.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Jeez, Eli, be a dick.

I think he did the right thing.  He could've been nicer about it, sure, but I think letting Gabi go was probably the best course of action.  You want to be first in the heart of your significant other, not second or third.  (Well, okay.  Second is fine if the one in first place is said significant other's child or children, but only then.  If it's another man, then no.)

6 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Eli, Gabi is not the only woman in Salem. You have no business with her personal business. You and she are not serious. She has mentioned Chad and right now, you are a second or other distant down the line choice.

But see, that's why I thought he made the right choice by dumping her.  He knew that she wasn't going to get over Chad anytime soon.  Best to make a clean break and let Gabi sort out her feelings for herself.

13 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Wow, Claire actually concerned about somebody else besides herself?  Or was that just a ploy to get Ciara away from Theo?

Ciara's related to Brady, too, so I think that was genuine.  Though I was surprised that either girl seemed concerned about him, since I think I've only seen Claire with Brady a commanding one time, and Ciara never with him at all.  But then, I remember that just because we don't see it, it doesn't mean they haven't spent some time together off-screen.

• Love 1

Really enjoying Kate and Andre. I love the new and improved Andre. Could it be Tony? You never can tell what the writers are up to.

We need more of this. I recall years ago there were more humorous relationships on the show. Eugene and Calliope , Eugene and Marlena, off the top of my head. It blended nicely with the dramatic stuff. 

• Love 4
(edited)
13 hours ago, TwistedandBored said:

Look, Days Writers need to help a sista out and have Chad and Gabi smash for once. I wouldn't even complain about a one week affair. Seriously, they can't keep messing with my emotions with these Chad and Gabi scenes that have no payoff at the end. Let these two get together for a moment. 

We all know Fragile Abby and Chad is the shows OTP or whatever but let others enjoy Chabi while you have the other separated. 

Ditto! Even Eli is pushing them together. Just let it happen already. 

I did enjoy Abby's despair though (I know I'm evil). *sniff* "I knew they were going to get together I just didn't think it would happen so fast". It amused me even more since Chad and Gabi are doing the UST friend zone thing in Greece and not anywhere near falling into bed.

Edited by SanLynn
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, SanLynn said:

Ditto! Even Eli is pushing them together. Just let it happen already. 

I did enjoy Abby's despair though (I know I'm evil). *sniff* "I knew they were going to get together I just didn't think it would happen so fast". It amused me even more since Chad and Gabi are doing the UST friend zone thing in Greece and not anywhere near falling into bed.

When all I want them is to fall into bed and give Salem a miss for few weeks. Come on writers!

• Love 2

Man, I wish that I felt the Chad/Gabi stuff the way a lot of you guys do, 'cause I do believe it's going to happen. Long term? Eh, probably not, but ya never know. 

I was actually pretty fond of her little romance with JJ, until it became roadkill. There it was just sweetly scampering along on the highway of love, then BAM! Chabi tire tracks....

I like that Dario is scheming. I can't really say why, though. Just ups the stakes in the story a little, I guess. Surely, Gabi is going to find out, right? Wonder if she'll spill to Abigail. 

• Love 1
On 5/20/2017 at 8:59 AM, msrachelj said:

Really enjoying Kate and Andre. I love the new and improved Andre. Could it be Tony? You never can tell what the writers are up to.

We need more of this. I recall years ago there were more humorous relationships on the show. Eugene and Calliope , Eugene and Marlena, off the top of my head. It blended nicely with the dramatic stuff. 

Kate and Andre are damn funny together and it's rather refreshing--there's been too much doom and gloom.

And I can understand why Eli decided to end things with Gabi--what man would want to be with a chick who wants someone else?  Besides Dario that is :)

• Love 3

I haven't seen the show in weeks, but I read through here to get caught up.  Can Gabi just stay in Greece and never return to Salem, please?  With her gone, maybe I'd enjoy watching again...

• Love 4
(edited)

Nicole (to Eric) :  "I'm a strong woman now!"

Ha! Haha! Ha!  You are the most weak-assed female on this show and have been for a good while now.  Old School Nicole--now there was a strong woman.  This Nicole is a weak, simpering, hateful, fickle mess who stands by with her pearls clenched waiting for the big strong men to fight it out and save her.

And the cruel hateful tirades against Eric are getting so old now.  If she hates hims so much, despite Brady she should have just left.  Nothing forced her to go back.  So therefore, going back and then yelling at him for getting caught when going back is pointless.  If she knew where he was, she could have left and called authorities or someone she trusted to go get him and off she'd be.  But she is so dumb, that she thought going back alone was going to resolve anything.  Seriously, I can't stand her now and hate this version of Days called The Nicole Show  and I really don't care what happens to her.

Too bad they made Wyatt into such a creep.  The actor was decent and he was pretty cute.  Glad the truth came out.  I did feel bad for Ciara, though VJ and her lack of tears and acting made the scenes a little harder to watch.  Am I to guess her call to Shawn is to see if she can leave town and stay with him and Belle for a while...

Edited by LadyJaney
  • Love 8

Nicole is such a nasty bitch to Eric.  It is tiresome now. I wish that she would go away now. Her devotion to the orange one is weird and off-putting. Eric needed to yell some ugly truths at her like she is a serial baby kidnapper. Nicole as written by Dena the nightmare is horrid.

• Love 9

Bummer. I was hoping after Nicole went back for Eric that she would calm down and appreciate what he had done for her.

I'm surprised VJ wasn't able to cry. She's normally good for that at least

• Love 1

Bummer. I was hoping after Nicole went back for Eric that she would calm down and appreciate what he had done for her.

I'm surprised VJ wasn't able to cry. She's normally good for that at least

• Love 1

Deimos's thug never bothered to look inside the box? He's a Greek guy named "Guy"?

Jeez, Nicole, nobody forced you to come back to rescue Eric.

If Wyatt can get any girl he wants, why did he break up with is girlfriend? Wow, he turned into a real creep, didn't he?

I wonder if Paul knows his father is back in town.

I guess now that Sonny has decided to be a junior gangster, he's started wearing extra Vitalis on his hair to grease it back.

"I guess Maggie's a better person that I am."  Yeah, that's true.

Why would Xander care if Eric and Nicole got into a fight? I'm sure there's a perfect legit reason why he wasn't wearing a shirt.

Gee, Show actually showed Sonny and Paul kissing.  I'm shocked.

Man, but Wyatt really is disgusting--he's trying to convince Ciara that he truly likes her and then turns around and is deliberately hurtful to Claire.  I truly enjoyed Claire's tell off of Wyatt because he deserved every word but I am at a loss as to why Theo has theses two girls so invested in him--I do not see the appeal at all.  And VJ has shown once again that she's an extremely limited actress--the scenes with her scrunching up her face while she tried to cry where Mansi worthy in how horrible it was.

I think Eric is getting a little tired of Nicole and her shrewishness--it's a damn good thing she's never done anything wrong or committed any crimes because she'd look like a real hypocrite now--DAMN!!

• Love 7

When did Lani get a professional hair blowout whilst sitting on the plane?

Sonny looked like a silly version of the Fonz with his slicked back hair. Not a wannabe crimelord.

Deimos, you can simply just let Eric and Nicole take care of themselves. No need to ride to a rescue or to deal with Eric. He is getting tired of Nikki and would happily take her out for you.

Claire, nice of you to tell Wyatt off. Hun, your turn will be coming soon. Theo now knows about the Ciara letter, and once you and Jade do the tape thing, you also may be heading off to see your parents for an extended time. Theo is a nicely built young man. He is autistic, though, and that may cause some problems for him down the line.

• Love 3

We got to see Paulson kiss? Again? That's like, twice in two weeks...

Hmmm....could it be that Ron reshot scenes to show them being more intimate? I have a hard time believing Dena would suddenly care...

• Love 2

St Daniel sure left his mark behind. Nicole acts as if she has never done something to hurt anyone. Shes such a victim. Please! Its not like shes ever kidnapped a child, accused an innocent woman of pushing her down the stairs and causing a miscarriage, or dumped a wonderful man for money. Oh wait, those things were done to Eric, his sister, and his current girlfriend Jennifer. I guess thats ok.

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, mj2000 said:

St Daniel sure left his mark behind. Nicole acts as if she has never done something to hurt anyone. Shes such a victim. Please! Its not like shes ever kidnapped a child, accused an innocent woman of pushing her down the stairs and causing a miscarriage, or dumped a wonderful man for money. Oh wait, those things were done to Eric, his sister, and his current girlfriend Jennifer. I guess thats ok.

Seriously.  Nicole's hypocrisy is just making Eric look like the sympathetic one, not Nicole herself.  All he has to do is say, "And you've never done anything to hurt anyone before?" and Nicole would be shut down, with nothing to say in response.  Though I will say that she was right about how his actions had hurt Melanie and Parker, as well, in addition to her.  So at least she's not still furious at him on just her behalf.

That said, I have an ex with whom I had a bad breakup and will at least give Nicole (and Arianne) credit for giving me some more words to use on him when I call him up or he calls me up.  I've already hurt him with some of her earlier words to him and will use the latest ones against him next.  I'm that rotten, it seems. :)

• Love 1
On 5/19/2017 at 10:32 PM, lb60 said:

Am I the only one here that doesn't like MM and still finds Abby to be annoying?

I don't dislike MM but she's not that great an actress. she plays everything depressing and morose. And she needs to learn how to screen kiss. It's distracting. 

On 5/20/2017 at 5:37 PM, TwistedandBored said:

When all I want them is to fall into bed and give Salem a miss for few weeks. Come on writers!

This. Come on! they're so pretty together. I don't care if it's a few months or longer term, just give me some hot Chad/Gabby.

9 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

We got to see Paulson kiss? Again? That's like, twice in two weeks...

Hmmm....could it be that Ron reshot scenes to show them being more intimate? I have a hard time believing Dena would suddenly care...

Who knows but...was it a real kiss or just one on the lips quick (or worse, a peck on the forehead like we've been getting). If they're setting up the triangle for Will's return, they gotta make me believe in PaulSon...and I never have. I've been TOLD their so in love (the flashbacks and current, etc...) but I've never SEEN it. Ever. I don't think Christopher and Freddie have chemistry at all.

• Love 1

Okay now Nicole is having a heart-to-heart talk with Eric and they worked together to get the upper hand. The look on Deimos' face! John and Marlena comforting each other. Brady with his little buddy.

Good show today.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, lb60 said:

Freddie Smith is just all kinds of awful.  Lordy!

the past few times, especially. It's a combination of writing and his acting choices.

I'm glad I didn't watch today. I couldn't handle all the tears...especially since we know something has to happen to keep Brady here.

21 minutes ago, swtrgrl said:

the past few times, especially. It's a combination of writing and his acting choices.

The hair isn't helping, either.

• Love 5