Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Shawn Christian has got to be at least 10 years older than Marie Rogers, so I do not understand this retcon at all.

I don't either.  Soaps do ridiculous things all the time that are easily waved away and forgiven, but this shit isn't one of them.  It makes even less sense than Yo Ling wanting his famous, gorgeous grandson to somehow blend in and be an assassin.  I will not accept than Daniel is younger than Summer.

Also, I wish this show would stop talking about Daniel.

• Love 4

I've had to cram a week's worth of shows into one sitting last night, and I think that time could have been better spent doing...anything else. I am curious about whats going on w/Abby, and I really don't want it to be Chad gaslighting her. I'd prefer him to be a relatively good guy. 

I want to love Brady and Theresa, but I just don't. I needed more scenes of Brady coming to care for Theresa and I need to stop hearing him say "She's the mother of my child" and more on what an awesome, funny, caring person he's found her to be. I'm much more on board with Theresa and Nicole's friendship, though. but I admit to buying whatever those two ladies care to sell me!

Dario can stay, because I like the pretty. And I like the possibility of Nicole getting some of that pretty. But Summer? Brady's made a lot of boneheaded moves, but pulling her sorry ass out of the ocean may just be the biggest one of all.

• Love 6

Summer should be in her late 40's if the timeline fits. But, in this scenario Brady would be 26 or so. Oh Salem and your witchery.

At one point, Brady and Abigail were destined to be together..Isabella wanted them to grow up together as a hommage to her awesome friendship with Jack...They were born the same year. I always liked that about Days, they would have different women be pregnant at the same time with no hint of a possible baby switch in the future. I am sad that I will never get the Brady/Abigail coupling that we were promised by Sherry Anderson...Once they recasted Brady with Eric Marstolf, that went out the window. He looks like he could be her dad and not her contemporary.

I want to love Brady and Theresa, but I just don't. I needed more scenes of Brady coming to care for Theresa and I need to stop hearing him say "She's the mother of my child" and more on what an awesome, funny, caring person he's found her to be. I'm much more on board with Theresa and Nicole's friendship, though. but I admit to buying whatever those two ladies care to sell me!

I get why you have issues there. I do too. Brady spent almost a year being rather disgusted by Theresa and then seemed to cut her some slack. But the shift from there to loving her is a bit abrupt. If you just accept that Brady is a bit dense and simple-minded and Theresa is hella sexy and alluring, you can buy it.

Mostly, I like how much fun the actors have with one another and that the show built them as a couple over a two-year period without dropping the storyline or shifting gears too radically, as they did with Eric/Nicole and so many others.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 3

I wasn't watching or possibly in a fast forwarding fest while Summer was saved on the beach by Brady. Why did she need rescuing? Was she trying to drown herself?

Yes, she was.  Although she now says she was just going for a swim and that Brady overreacted. 

• Love 3

This record label thing sounds so stupid already. There are already 4525252525252 record labels in the U.S. Why would anyone want to sign with a startup label headed by someone with zero music industry experience. 

Summer's Eve is getting too much screen time. 

• Love 5

I know you guys all like VI, but I can't with Deimos. He's a retcon character with stilted dialogue and no chemistry with anyone, far as I can tell.

If he'd come in as some decent businessman type, organically clicked with Kate and then gone up against Victor, I would have probably been more interested.

• Love 2

I know you guys all like VI, but I can't with Deimos. He's a retcon character with stilted dialogue and no chemistry with anyone, far as I can tell.

If he'd come in as some decent businessman type, organically clicked with Kate and then gone up against Victor, I would have probably been more interested.

If the show wanted him to be related to somebody. Vincent could have been Julie's son David  who is a Horton or Doug's son Doug Jr. who is Hope's half-brother who is not a Horton..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

Anyone else seriously bored with today's episode.  I had it on mute most of the time, as I was more interested in the novel I was reading than the show.  And everytime I looked up it was either Maggie and Summer, Nicole and Dario, Philip and Belle, or Victor and Deimos.  And none of the dialogue in the close captioning looked even vaguely interesting.  I did see the end with Maggie almost fainting again and Deimos lurking in the background. Did I miss anything worth mentioning?

Edited by buffynut
  • Love 6

LOL at Deimos calling Victor a warm, fuzzy teddy bear.

Why is Deimos trying to appease Victor if he's concurrently poisoning Maggie?

How does Summer know about Victor's background?

No, Summer, you are not reformed.

So Maggie's eggs which led to Daniel were stolen back before she gave birth to Summer?

Why are they playing country music at the pub?  That is where Philip and Belle were, right?

• Love 1

I refused to watch all of today's Days.

Summer = BYE FELICIA.

The only thing that remotely entertained me was Deimos and Victor. I'm just enjoying Vincent Irizarry and John Aniston in scenes. They can do no wrong.

Nicole and Dario will be some hot stuff when it happens. But I need some my bad girl Nic back too. After months of seeing her cry over Taniel, I need to see her and Dario be hot together and possibly fuck shit up. That's why Summer needs to effin go and why she is irrelevant. Summer is what's holding things back from a potential Nicole/Dario/Brady/Theresa quad IMO.

• Love 2

But we're also talking a weird ret-con. Summer having hatched from one of Maggie's stolen eggs would have made some, um, sense. Maggie should be in her mid to late 60s. Having 'Summer' would make her late 50s.

They should have brought back one of her other three daughters...The show is still continuing their weird obsession with Daniel the savior of mankind..It is why I hate Summer...

This and This.  Summer seems to be 40 to mid-40's tops.  Maggie I'm guessing is close to 70 if not.  I just don't see this woman being the product of a teen pregnancy.  Not for Maggie anyway!

I could have seen her play Melissa easily.  It would have been good to have that character back on canvas again actually, she has some good history.  Even could have made her Sarah at this point, since she is a bit older now too.  Maggie has all these adopted daughters that were once a mainstay on this show and now are never seen.  Why not bring one of them back.  Especially one that seems too young for what they are selling here.  

• Love 3

I refused to watch all of today's Days.

Summer = BYE FELICIA.

The only thing that remotely entertained me was Deimos and Victor. I'm just enjoying Vincent Irizarry and John Aniston in scenes. They can do no wrong.

Nicole and Dario will be some hot stuff when it happens. But I need some my bad girl Nic back too. After months of seeing her cry over Taniel, I need to see her and Dario be hot together and possibly fuck shit up. That's why Summer needs to effin go and why she is irrelevant. Summer is what's holding things back from a potential Nicole/Dario/Brady/Theresa quad IMO.

I am not a fan of Theresa/Brady like most on here. I think Dario and Theresa would be hot..They would be so pretty together..Why can't the show let a young woman like Theresa own her sexuality and be with different men....They had to saddle her with a lump of nothing  like Brady and a baby..Brady ,for a good looking man is shockingly devoid of any sex appeal..Whereas Dario just sizzles....lol

• Love 3

I could have seen her play Melissa easily. It would have been good to have that character back on canvas again actually, she has some good history. Even could have made her Sarah at this point, since she is a bit older now too. Maggie has all these adopted daughters that were once a mainstay on this show and now are never seen. Why not bring one of them back. Especially one that seems too young for what they are selling here.

Because Days don't think like us. I dunno why Days hates Sarah Horton so much lol. She hasn't been talked about in two decades since she was written off abruptly. I just want some legacy characters with the last name "Horton" to return. Recast Mike Horton with a Jon Hensley or Grayson Mccouch. Sarah Horton could had been played by a Marie Wilson easy, thats why this Summer thing is stupid, even for Days, this is too stupid. Marie Wilson isnt close to 50 to play a Summer. I want to know who made this fucking irrelevant character and storyline. I could say Higley but Corday might had wanted this story because it keeps Daniel's crusty ass memory alive. Stupid.

• Love 2

This and This.  Summer seems to be 40 to mid-40's tops.  Maggie I'm guessing is close to 70 if not.  I just don't see this woman being the product of a teen pregnancy.  Not for Maggie anyway!

I could have seen her play Melissa easily.  It would have been good to have that character back on canvas again actually, she has some good history.  Even could have made her Sarah at this point, since she is a bit older now too.  Maggie has all these adopted daughters that were once a mainstay on this show and now are never seen.  Why not bring one of them back.  Especially one that seems too young for what they are selling here.

Sarah is not adopted.

I am not a fan of Theresa/Brady like most on here. I think Dario and Theresa would be hot..They would be so pretty together..Why can't the show let a young woman like Theresa own her sexuality and be with different men....They had to saddle her with a lump of nothing like Brady and a baby..Brady ,for a good looking man is shockingly devoid of any sex appeal..Whereas Dario just sizzles....lol

Yesss. I need for Theresa to be a bitch on wheels again! Theresa being the push over and doting wife to a dud like Brady isn't working for me! She needs to get that Brady back in her like she was suppose to be like the Sami-prototype before Sami left a few years ago. Days needs to lay off the focus groups and go back to what was working with certain characters put these characters back in character and spice them up! I miss JJ isn't a little bad boy anymore. Casey Moss was doing well with that. Again focus groups and raging social media fans can sometimes ruin the direction of certain characters.

It's too bad this Summer storyline is so whacked because I saw some good performances today, especially from Suzanne Rogers.  But there's no way to make Summer work as Maggie's kid, not with the age we know Maggie is.  To be Maggie's kid, Summer would have to be in her early 50's, or VERY late 40's at the most.  And Daniel would have to be much younger, not close in age or sure as hell not older.  And that's ignoring Melissa and Sarah, something the show seems happy to do, even if we refuse to forget them.

But, as for simply acting, both Suzanne and Marie Wilson did a good job today.  

I can suspend my disbelief, even deal with rewritten family histories with soaps to a pretty expansive extent, but this is taking it too far.

Victor is looking worse and worse these days, and that's even with Diemos having done a pretty shitty thing in dosing Maggie with dangerous drugs.  Victor's quips, as funny as they are, lose their charm when he's being such a dick so constantly.  While I agree that Theresa can do better than Brady, I don't think Brady could EVER do better than Theresa, something Victor might want to keep in mind about his idiot grandson.  The Kiriakis gene pool as seeded by Victor hasn't turned up anything particularly praiseworthy, witih Brady and Philip as his two top examples.  

Loved seeing Nicole today, would love it even more if she wasn't still encased in grief over losing Pig Pen.  That comment by her to Dario, about how people who deserve to be parents rarely are - could that be foreshadowing her finding out she's been left pregnant by the Coppertone King?  I'd love Nicole to finally get her baby - I hate she's been cheated of that time and time again - and I'll even suffer through more Tan the Dan praise for her to get it - but OH PLEASE SHOW, let her find a baby on her doorstep or have one delivered by Amazon Prime rather than a Daniel offspring, if at all possible.

Hey, maybe she  could use Dario as a donor daddy??  The baby would be born with two day stubble, little itchy on delivery, but what a cute baby it would be!

Look up "Pathetic" in the dictionary and we'll see Belle's name and photograph.  First she buys a club so her 16 year old can sing in it, even though she's not even of legal age to be IN one, and now she's backing the Lumpaleer on building a record label??  Anyone want to tell Itchy Poo Park that starting a new record label makes about as much sense these days as opening a video store?  Why didn't he ask her to back his Betamax tape factory instead?

I guess I should be grateful that Show cast Lumpaleer as Philip instead of trying to have us believe he's playing a character with a brain.  

Add Brady and Philip's IQ,'s together and you'd come up with a negative number.  Victor should be so proud of his direct descendants....

• Love 11

Show has really gone beyond the plausible in so many ways.  Each week used to be roughly a day.  Now everything is so blurred, I have no idea what the time lapse is.  I'll have to pay  more attention to what they wear on Mondays and see if they are still wearing the same thing on Friday, I guess.  Once the writers messed with that time line, they started messing with SRASing the young people, and now bringing in people whose ages don't fit in with any story lines.  I give up - just take each "Day" as it comes, and hope they'll start to make sense with the next iteration of writers!

Why is Maggie the one being drugged?  Pure revenge on Deimos' part?  Didn't Caroline see Victor in trouble?   

Edited by salvame
  • Love 6

It might be a lot less expensive for Belle to arrange for a YouTube video to be shot that features Claire and some original vocal material. Ah, but she probably can't write songs. Maybe she'll go viral and get a real record deal. Many artists now just sell directly from their own websites. Not a whole lot of money in selling 'records' these days.

Don't get why 'Summer' cares if Maggie doesn't like her. Lady, she has just met you and you have brought back some painful memories from her past (or what has been cooked up and ret-conned). It may take her spending more than 20 minutes with you to have any feelings or anything toward you. You are in your 40s and a grown woman. Yeah, you were adopted. Maybe Hank the farmhand sold you to your parents or just gave you up to some church to find a  decent home for you.

Nicole, you deserve a fabulous man who really cares about you.

• Love 5

Why is Maggie the one being drugged? Pure revenge on Deimos' part? Didn't Caroline see Victor in trouble?

Yes. Deimos switched out her meds a few days ago when he was at the house and she left for a little. I assume how woozy Maggie was it probably was some street drug. The dealer did tell Deimos that the drug could be deadly. And yes all what Deimos is doing is to ignite revenge on Victor and the Kiriakis clan. When Deimos was in his hotel he was taking a knife to Maggie's, Caroline's Brady's, Hope's and Victor's pictures.

• Love 5

Yeah, kind of boring yesterday, but Suzanne Rogers really brought it and I liked seeing that. But like many of you, I kept trying to do the math in my head so that it would make sense. I don't really have any interest -- yet -- in Diemos's plan about Victor. Yada, yada. And I'm frustrated with Kate for being a dope again, so D's whole existence these days doesn't do it for me at all. 

Same with Belle and Philip -- blech. They deserve each other and Claire deserves much better. 

• Love 5

I apologize, because I am Days behind, but wedding night G'rabigail...  really:  You survived getting the worst of Sami Brady?  Really?  Die you stupid twat.  I was screaming so loudly that - no joke - my ferret and cat both ran for cover.  Aaargh.  Hate....  hate...  die....  I have gone completely nonverbal.  (This is why I can't catch up.  2 episodes and I hit the booze.)

Edited by Stella Rose
  • Love 10

Yes. Deimos switched out her meds a few days ago when he was at the house and she left for a little. I assume how woozy Maggie was it probably was some street drug. The dealer did tell Deimos that the drug could be deadly. And yes all what Deimos is doing is to ignite revenge on Victor and the Kiriakis clan. When Deimos was in his hotel he was taking a knife to Maggie's, Caroline's Brady's, Hope's and Victor's pictures.

Before he got the drugs, he looked up "myesthenia gravis" online.

• Love 3
Looks like Phillip is after Belle's money and has been from the get go.

What happened to indicate this? Him trying to get her to invest in the recording studio? (I only half-watched Friday's episode, which was booming).

I apologize, because I am Days behind, but wedding night G'rabigail...  really:  You survived getting the worst of Sami Brady?  Really?  Die you stupid twat.  I was screaming so loudly that - no joke - my ferret and cat both ran for cover.  Aaargh.  Hate....  hate...  die....  I have gone completely nonverbal.  (This is why I can't catch up.  2 episodes and I hit the booze.)

You make me laugh like crazy - please don't hit the booze. This show ain't worth it.

Grabigail actually dared to say that?! I FF her scenes so yeah...glad I missed that line because my eyes would have rolled straight out of my head and onto my lap.

I still replay in my head the fantasy sequence ending of that scene where Abby stormed in and slapped Sami...only in my version, Sami grabs her by the shoulders and head-butts her and then drags her screaming self into the mansion and slams the door shut. And she's never heard from again...but everyone wonders what caused the fingernail-sized scratch marks in the welcome mat.

Sami would have DESTROYED you if she really wanted to, Crabs. Heck, she SHOT HER FIANCEE IN THE HEAD AND LEFT HIM FOR DEAD. And she liked him!

• Love 7

Yeah, how stupid was that?  She survived the worst of Sami Brady??  Really??  Guess she just might  want to ask Nick or Austin or Belle, or maybe give Allan Harris or Franco Kelly a call - OOPS!, that can't happen.   And let's not forget Kate or Nicole or Joe Bernardi and now I'm just running out of breath.  Not that many of them didn't deserve it and not that Abigail didn't deserve a HELLUVA lot more than she got.  

For Sami, Abigail got the equivalent of a love tap.  

I only wish she'd delivered that love tap to her head with a hammer.

Edited by boes
  • Love 8

Thanks, BlackMamba.  I had seen all the above scenes, plus the one where he was looking up myesthenia gravis (Thanks, Rick Kitchen), but I guess I didn't figure his revenge plot would be played out this way.  Just seems dumb to me, but then again, so much of the show is such a train wreck these days.  I so wish writers could come up with some different twists, rather than the lather, rinse, repeat we have been getting.

• Love 1

I used to like pop up Victor, until I learned from all of you about his odious crimes against Kimberley and others.  And now I really hate him.  I am pretty sure he tossed his wife to be over the cliff, but even if he didn't, he let his younger brother go to prison for 30 years for a crime he didn't commit--and he is the one who is pissed off at Deimos?  Yeah, no.  He is definitely Stefano to me right now, and I have no problem with anyone pushing him off a cliff.

I also really am upset at Deimos drugging/poisoning Maggie.  Not that I am a Maggie fan, but Deimos, come on.  Just kill Victor.

• Love 6

I'm really upset that Mags is in two major storylines right now.  Like I need double the shrill self righteous haughtiness. Yes, they have destroyed Victor with his lack of remorse for the 30 year jail sentence showing us he can hold that kind of a grudge forever.  I guess to justify the revenge of Deimos.  But Vic is looking frail lately.  Almost as bad as shooting a sick man in a wheelchair.

• Love 2

Has John Aniston always been so hunched over? I feel pain in my back and shoulders when I look at him. I have had back problems all my life and always try to stand up straight, shoulders back.

Eric's "story" is trash. Where is the trial? Did he plead guilty? Why isn't he getting more scenes? Has he had ANY scenes with Maggie?

I agree, and I am so sick of him stalking Jennifer and haranguing her re her pill consumption.  And then he turns around and drinks.  This character is just written so idiotically.  And somehow Belle will get Steve off for "killing" Ava, as self defence, but Eric will surely go to prison.  

• Love 6

As we transition into what I suspect will be months of stuff I don't care about, I want to take a quick second to pat the show on the back for resolving John's arc as a secret agent/man of mystery. I hope the next chapter with Paul won't be too stupid, but hey, at least they found good actors to play John's Ma and Pa and gave us location shoots. And Drake proved be could carry a co-star around on his shoulders and that was pretty boss.

Nicely done.

• Love 6

I agree, and I am so sick of him stalking Jennifer and haranguing her re her pill consumption. And then he turns around and drinks. This character is just written so idiotically. And somehow Belle will get Steve off for "killing" Ava, as self defence, but Eric will surely go to prison.

Yeah, I am just at a total loss with Eric. Do they hate the character secretly? I can't follow any of this...they seem not to care about what his internal logic is. Jennifer is popping pills, therefore I get to be mad she doesn't want to have sex with me..?!? Not following.

If he does go to jail while Hope and Joey go free, that'll just be insane...maybe he'll call everyone out on their hypocrisy and skip town?

• Love 4

I agree, and I am so sick of him stalking Jennifer and haranguing her re her pill consumption. And then he turns around and drinks. This character is just written so idiotically. And somehow Belle will get Steve off for "killing" Ava, as self defence, but Eric will surely go to prison.

Now that Dena has been gone for a month, I can honestly say the pacing and the unfinished or creating brand new stories are all on Josh Griffith. Yes, Beth wrote the Yo Ling story, but she's only temporary and completed that story quickly even though it was a head scratcher and it took 2½ months for the Eduardo/John story to pick up again. It's like all the stories are either too dark or have us going WTF. Dena sucks and she's greatly to blame tearing down whatever little improvement the show had no doubt and I truly believe it was her idea along with Corday's to force the Summer’s Eve character down our throats to keep Taniel's memory alive! Yet Josh Griffith helming the show is boring and dreadful. I can't remember his work on YR as an executive and headwriter but he also made that show quite dark but nothing compared to what he's doing at Days. The only thing remotely enjoyable is seeing Mama Hernandez. She's a hoot thusfar. I've explained more of my frustrations with the show in the spoiler thread if anyone cares to read.

Edited by BlackMamba

Okay if this is how Abby's storyline is going to be, I'm going to have to turn to illegal substances to get through it.  JJ and Chad are very believable in that they are doing everything in their power to keep Abby and Thomas safe from Ben but then we have Abby screeching that Ben is at the mansion--she SAW him--and getting pissed off that they can't find any proof to back up her claims.  

Why does she automatically think she has to prove to them what she's saying?  Why can't it simply be that Ben is such an awesome villain, he isn't leaving any clues behind?  And I actually cringed when Abby grabbed the fireplace poker and ran outside where Ben allegedly was and started screaming at him to leave them alone.  Why you ask?  Because KM was speaking in the whiniest voice I have ever heard and not befitting her supposed terror.

The show is doing a good job of setting the scenes in a creepy, storm-filled night but KM is not rising to the acting challenge.  My god, you think you and your son are in danger, try to actually look scared instead of relying on shouting histrionically to get your point across.

• Love 8

The show is doing a good job of setting the scenes in a creepy, storm-filled night but KM is not rising to the acting challenge. My god, you think you and your son are in danger, try to actually look scared instead of relying on shouting histrionically to get your point across.

How can you talk about the queen of daytime like this!

• Love 7

How can you talk about the queen of daytime like this!

Oh the shade, the SHADE!!!  You are right, though in that KM's fans will think she's doing a stellar job.  There are days I wish I could be drinking the "special juice" has opposed to seeing the actual limited acting truth.

• Love 3

This page is a riot -- I was on twitter and seeing fan love raining down on the Chabby today and was sure that I'd come in here to find just what I did! I'll watch it tonight, but as of now I'm already bummed that there is no Patch and Kayla (I suspect anyway). 

• Love 1