Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I've already fanwanked it in my head that Eve has had a tough life so the years have worn harder on her than they have Shane... who's been shot and had his child kidnapped and been paralyzed and worked for the ISA during bouts of good and bad and seems to attract the absolute most insanely jealous women ever.

I mean.. come on, Shane has had it easy, amirite?

My fanwank is failing me.

Hee. One of the cogs in your fanwank mechanism appears to be broken, there, pal.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 1

Will being gay has absolutely nothing to do with why I don't like him. I don't like him because he is a liar who refuses to learn from his mistakes, or even acknowledge he has done something wrong. It is always someone else's fault, never his.

• Love 10

I have been thinking about the future of Will on the show and it saddens me alot. I have never understood the hatred level against Will the character and Guy Wilson who portrays him.I think the root of all this is misogyny.

I have no idea what hatred you're talking about, since I only read this board and couldn't care less about twitter, facebook, soap columnists or other message boards.  But it is insulting to women and gay men to apply the word misogyny in this way, not to mention fallacious.

Also, posters here have gone into great detail explaining why they don't like this incarnation of Will and about Guy Wilson's acting abilities (or lack thereof, depending on one's position).  GW may be a perfectly lovely person, but he was miscast as Will.  Another actor may have been able to pull off his character cheating on his husband twice, screwing over his mother and grandmother, taking no responsibility for his actions, and generally being a selfish jerk, but this one could not.  All the hyperbole in the world isn't going to change that.

Edited by Kitty Redstone
  • Love 9

I hated Will long before it was cool. And long before he was gay or played by Guy Wilson. I hated him for all the reasons posters before me list, and then some. I've been complaining about Will not standing up for himself, for not taking responsibility, for having his mommy and daddy fight his battles for him, for harassing Arianna so much she ran into a car to get away from him, for the inexplicable kissing of EJ's ass (to the point where I wondered if he remembered that he was actually Lucas' kid), for selling out Sami (who I didn't even like at that point). There have been numerous times when Will could have come clean about things he's done (like shooting EJ), but he chose not to. Every.Single.Time. He doesn't own his shit, even in private.
What most of you people feel about Abigail, I feel for Will. Yeah, it's that bad.

• Love 6

Will being gay has absolutely nothing to do with why I don't like him. I don't like him because he is a liar who refuses to learn from his mistakes, or even acknowledge he has done something wrong. It is always someone else's fault, never his.

This...but after the recast b/c that's when the writing changed, too. It's not wholly Chandler vs Guy for me...although, I prefer Chandler, definitely. It's the combo of writing and portrayal. The writers ruined Will. Maybe a different style actor could have pulled it off but I'm not sure.

Edited by swtrgrl
  • Love 3

I agree that the fault lies mostly with the writers, and while I preferred Massey's portrayal generally, even his version of Will couldn't entirely counter the passivity and irresponsibility of the character as written (though at that time Will did come clean about shooting Elvis, at least to Sonny). Maybe that should go in the "Faint Praise" column.

On the point Apprentice79 makes above about whether (later) Will's apologies were ever acceptable, Will apologized many times for his underhandedness in how his "journalism" career was progressing, but his behaviour never changed (again, that's on the writers) and his apologies, no matter how frequent, repeated, or, frankly, loud, never seemed sincere, at least to me. I blame the unconvincing delivery on Guy Wilson. A more nuanced performer could have highlighted the fact that Will might have meant his apologies at the time he made them, but couldn't help backsliding; a more insightful performance could have developed some real tension between intentions and actions -- which, honestly, Massey sometimes did manage, though perhaps not all the time.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 6

I have been thinking about the future of Will on the show and it saddens me alot. I have never understood the hatred level against Will the character and Guy Wilson who portrays him.

The fate of Will in my opinion is very telling about how the showrunners view this issue.  Viewers repeatedly praise and lionized Victor and Stefano, both of whom have raped women, murdered people, are career criminals and have been seen regularly slut shaming women. Back during the Kim plot, Victor's slut shaming of her made him a villain not a curmudgeonly hero. They are praised because heterosexual males are expected to take what they want and subjugate women. 

I can't speak for anyone other than myself. I was not watching Days during the Will cheats storylines, so my issue is with the actor who portrays Will, and not the character of Will himself. I actually love the character from childhood, to Mophead days (when rumors of Will's potential sexual orientation began to surface) through Chandler Massey's portrayal which included Will's coming out. Guy Wilson comes across as a male Abby to me, in the sense that I do not sense much acting depth there. While I think that Will needs to be backburnered briefly and recast so that the show can reboot the character, I have no desire for anything beyond that to happen.

As to your point about the treatment of gay characters and the treatment of beloved characters who have truly done some horrid things, I always remember what Jack Coleman had to say on the matter, although it was years ago. JC played Jake Kosicheck, who was revealed to be a serial killer on Days. He then played Steven Carrington on Dynasty. JC said he got more hate mail for playing a gay character than he ever did for playing a deranged killer.

• Love 1

Alright, I don't know who's gay and who isn't on this board but I do know homophobia when i read it or see it and I have only seen that ONE TIME on this board, by a one time poster who breezed in, said his/her nasty piece and departed, never to be seen again.   Now I don't frequent other boards anymore,  because this is the only soap board where I actually feel smarter after visiting, instead of some others where I feel like if I read on I'll have the mind of a mollusk.  So I'm only speaking for this place and you fellow posters and I don't see any dislike of Will or condemnation of his character or behavior as any sort of double standard or masked homophobia or anything even dimly related to it.

And I say this as a gay (now of a "certain age"), as we say when we're sucking in our stomachs no matter where we go, who has been out and marching and demonstrating and being a general pain in the ass for longer than I sometimes even remember.  And I had a long and happy period being a completely shallow "hey sailor, new in town" kinda guy and loving every minute of that too.  Gay relationships on almost all tv shows and mainstream movies have an air of unreality to them for me, and I'm being generous, there, but then again I think that relationships in general are idealized in popular fiction.  And I'm fine with that - although I'd have slit my wrists or run screaming to the nearest dive bar if I'd ever lived a life remotely resembling Will or Sonny's.  And Sparkle, well, I'd push him into a vat of wrinkle cream and hold him down.  Just saying.  

I think Will is a deluded, mean-spirited, immature, lying, self-serving pain in the ass, and the only difference I really see between Chandler Massey's Will and Guy Wilson's is that Massey was a more attractive guy.  Maybe not even a better actor - I didn't like him all that much either.  And Wilson might be good somewhere else, but as I've said more than once, maybe soaps are too demanding, too fast-paced for him.  But I sure as hell don't dislike him because he's gay for pity's sake.

And I also don't see one tiny shred of evidence that anyone who posts here does either.  

Edited by boes
  • Love 17

And Sparkle, well, I'd push him into a vat of wrinkle cream and hold him down.  Just saying.

I suspect Kate keeps an industrial-sized drum around for just such a purpose. She is the head of a cosmetics conglomerate, after all.

• Love 3

I have been thinking about the future of Will on the show and it saddens me alot. I have never understood the hatred level against Will the character and Guy Wilson who portrays him.

I loved Chandler's Will, he was his parents child. He was blackmailing EJ and rebelling against his parents. Dark, snarky Will, working for the Dimera's Will was my favorite.  I think the baby and Guy's recast just kind of ruined his character and didn't work. I didn't see any chem with Sonny or in his family relations like with Sami/EJ/Chad/Marlena etc. It just felt like something wasn't there compared to Chandler.

• Love 2

I stopped watching DOOL before Will was born, so last summer when I re-started watching again was the first I'd seen the character.  At that time almost everyone onscreen was new to me. This includes Will, Sonny, Abigail, Chad, EJ, Jordan, Ben, Clyde, Theresa, etc.   So I formed opinions of all these characters based on the current storylines. 

During the past year I've watched Will write a nasty article about his mother, side with Abigail who had an affair with his mother's fiance, with no warning leave his husband and take their daugher to LA, not contact his husband while in LA, cheat on his husband once back in Salem, admit to also having cheated while in LA, lie and keep things from his husband, and CONSTANTLY blame Paul for all their problems.

For me, Will is the male Abigail.  Both care only about themselves and therefore are both on my dislike list.   Most of the blame for making these characters unlikable I blame on the writers.  But since I like Theresa, who also thinks only about herself and does awful things, I still wonder if different actors could portray Will and Abigail more sympathically.

Edit to add:  And I wish the actor who played Sonny hadn't left, as I wanted Sonny and Will to reconcile and live happily ever after, or at least for a while.

Edited by buffynut
  • Love 6

Relatedly, there's this poster on Twitter who's been screaming for weeks that if you don't like Will or have the gall to like the show when the gay characters aren't on, you're a homophobe and it's just an absurd and kinda scary mindset.  I don't not like Will because he's gay.  I don't like Will because he never, EVER learned his lesson after Sonny gave him chance after chance and still, as of yesterday, is blaming someone else for the mess he made of his marriage.

THIS!!  Having a problem with how Will has been portrayed does not make you a homophobe, it means you want good characterization and acting on the show you watch.  Just like disliking KM's Abby doesn't make you a misogynist or wanting more for Maxine then to be a Dannifer shipper doesn't make you a racist.

I think Will is a deluded, mean-spirited, immature, lying, self-serving pain in the ass, and the only difference I really see between Chandler Massey's Will and Guy Wilson's is that Massey was a more attractive guy.  Maybe not even a better actor - I didn't like him all that much either.  And Wilson might be good somewhere else, but as I've said more than once, maybe soaps are too demanding, too fast-paced for him.  But I sure as hell don't dislike him because he's gay for pity's sake.

And I also don't see one tiny shred of evidence that anyone who posts here does either.  

I love your entire post boes, and I especially love this bit.  Massey may have been more conventionally good looking, but his Will wasn't a paragon of awesomeness either and GW may be a nice person in real life but he. like KM, need many more acting lessons before they could even begin to look for work outside of Days.  They are two extremely limited performers and I wonder if they realize it.

• Love 3

I believe racism, sexism, misogyny, homophobia, etc. are still very prevalent in our society, but I don’t think that’s the reason Will is disliked so much.  Also, Will being disliked for the things he does would not be a bad thing, if he was entertaining and interesting.

For whatever reason, soap writers today don’t seem to understand soaps.  They don’t get that the one thing a soap character cannot be – is BORING.  Viewers like to watch characters do bad (up to a certain point) things, get caught, and face the consequences.  Viewers like to watch an actual good character figure out what the bad guys are up to, and expose them.  When all the characters do the exact same thing over and over again, and there is no fall out for the favorites of the writers, it’s is not entertaining for the fans.

I love the idea of Theresa, Kate, and Nicole working together because those three can create chaos and drama.  If Sami and Gabi got added to the mix, so much the better.

I have no interest in watching the women be doormats for the men, even if they are considered to be the bad girls of the show.  Especially since so many of the men on this show get a free pass for despicable behavior that is just as bad as or worse than what the women do.

• Love 6

The deck was stacked against Will and Guy Wilson from the moment the character was recast. The writers decided to use the recast as an opportunity to do a 180 on the character and started their "Will is JUST like Sami (and only Sami, because apparently she was the only one who raised him) crap. They wanted to make Sparkle appealing so they made him the retconned son of a legacy character and made Will as much of an asshole as possible. Then because the previous writers were lazy an unimaginative, they decided the only way to keep Wilson *interesting* was to have one of them cheat, and instead of going with the obvious choice of Sonny they chose Will. I don't know why they were so against dirtying Sonny up a little. Then we have to deal with months of the Will/Sonny/Sparkle triangle from hell and Will continuing to fuck shit up for no reason. Sonny forgives him and wants to work on his marriage but he keeps scheming and\deflecting blame because why? Even if Guy Wilson were great I don't think he could have done much to improve things. There's only so much you can do with nonsensical writing. 

• Love 7

And apparently nonsensical writing is a dead end that ultimately leads to the death of a character the audience saw born. Sad.

For whatever it's worth, I don't think anyone here has shown any degree of homophobia in expressing frustration with the portrayal of Will or the writing for the character, but I do suspect that there is some homophobia lurking behind the edging of Sonny, Will, and Paul offscreen, and especially behind comments about no longer "recognizing" the show.

In conclusion, Corday is a knob.

• Love 9

With new action set to take place on the Serial Killer front, I thought it would be interesting to examine this current plot line sans spoilers, just speculations based on what we have seen thus far. Here I go, if I left anyone out, let me know. Assuming the killer is male, this is what I have:

Eric has been seen wearing a tie twice since the murders started. This made me look to him because I never saw him wearing ties previously, at least not that I can recall. Plus, there is something a little off with him and his anger.

With his return upon us and his history, Andre Dimera makes a perfect suspect. However, people might not take Andre's age into account. So while he definitely would kill, could a man in his 60s (remember, Tony/Andre first appeared in the early 80s even being super generous, they were in their late 20s then and I don't think the show was trying to make them that you, so say 30-32 thirty-plus years ago) overpower so many younger people, even with the element of surprise on his side? In the same vein and keeping the above about Andre in mind, even if you believe Stefano is faking his need for a mobility device, is it possible for a man his age to be the killer. Same goes for Victor.

I say Clyde, Ben and Aiden are too obvious at this point and a reveal of one of them would be a cop-out, plus, I think Ben was romping with Abby during the timeframe we assume Paige was killed, but an earlier demise could always be written in. Steve and Joey were in New York when Serena got killed. The age factor goes for John too (and Steve and Roman and Abe, although I grant you that Steve and John are probably in good enough shape to do it). Your best bets for shocking killer at this point would be Eric, Daniel, Justin, Lucas, Brady (although I think we may have seen Brady elsewhere in proximity to one of the killings, but this is Days, so what does that mean), JJ or Paul.

Or perhaps the great real will be that Sonny doubled-back and is in Salem doing the killings, although that makes no sense, because then Victor would know he never appeared to work for him as scheduled, but again, this is Days, and when has such things as logic come into play. Maybe Days decides to go Mardevil/Marseriakiller levels of crazy and reveals that Bo slips out of captivity long enough to travel to Salem, commit each murder and return before his absence is noticed. Perhaps this explains his visions of Hope, his subconscious is letting him know that he is the killer and as such, a danger to her.

Of course the ultimate shock would be a female of import and when you factor in ages (Caroline, Maggie, Marlena and Julie) and the little we know is to come, that would leave Jennifer, Kayla, Hope, Adrienne, Eve (but could she kill her daughter), Abby (but if Ben is out, she is too, but again, Days logistics, also, could she think beyond herself for two minutes to kill people and why frame Chad, unless this is some deluded way to become the epicenter of his universe again) and Theresa, who I am eliminating based on height. Of the women named, Jennifer and Kayla would stand out as the biggest shockers to me. Hope might have been in this category were it not for the Stefano, Princess Gina brainwash, which means her actions could be explained away as programming.

I forgot Rafe, but since we know Higley adores him, is expanding his family and plans to pair him with Hope, I think that puts him in the clear, unless that's the shocking twist -- Higley uses viewer perceptions of her to pull the ultimate switcheroo and makes her boy Rafe the killer, in which case, we will get some explanation that absolves him of culpability.

Edited by Happytobehere
  • Love 2

Ken Corday is a pathetic loser and spineless weasel who blames everyone except himself for any problems going on with the show.  Neither Ken Corday nor the writers are capable of writing interesting SLs while maintaining character continuity and remembering the history of the show.  Instead they write what they consider shocking twists, completely trash the characters in the process, and then try to take the easy way out by writing the character out or killing them off.

Will, Sonny, and Paul could have been an interesting story, but the writers couldn't be bothered to do anything, but write nonsensical plot points, and then have the characters have the same repetitive conversations over and over again.  The constant "Will is just like Sami idiocy" did not help.  It only served to remind the viewers of the real history of Will which was Sami, Kate, and Lucas were all very involved in the chaos that made up Will's lousy childhood.

• Love 6

Interesting thoughts being shared about Will. Thanks for your post, Apprentiece79.

The more feminine the gay men appear (the ones who are seen as bottoms), the harsher the judgments. If Sonny cheated on Will, he would never have gotten the  same backlash as Will.

Was Will ever identified as a "bottom"? This is something I doubt they would do on DAYS, it being daytime TV. Sexual practices are rarely specified...

I think the hatred surrounding Will stems more from the writing and in a slight way, the recast. When Chandler's Will was leaving, I was bored with him. The character seemed far too passive and doe-eyed - is this why he came across as a "bottom" to you? - so I thought a recast might help them find an actor with more energy to give to the part. (FYI - I don't know Will's entire character history, so forgive me if I'm not remembering certain details)

I think it made sense in a way for Will to cheat on Sonny at some point - others have said he never really got to explore his sexuality freely before being in a serious relationship - but the build-up there was terrible and poorly done. Obviously, people were going to hate Will for sleeping with someone to get a story to further his career at the expense of his home life. That's pretty low, and yet he didn't seem to think too much of it as a character. That made Will seem dense and callous. A lethal combination.

For the record, I consider Brady a traditionally "masculine" character but his dense and callous behaviour towards his entire family during the Kristin Returns Saga really soured me on him. His treatment of Theresa is no better. I'm not defending her, mind you, just saying that he should have had more scruples than to yell and intimidate and threaten her constantly. He's pretty worthless as a character as a result...but at least the actor seems to be a generally nice guy and rather good-looking so he remains on the show.

The requested Will - Guy - had a more unique look, and that meant he'd have to work harder to find the likability in Will so we could get on-board. I don't think he found it. Kassie DP's Eve was a pretty strange/lame character, but it was easy to love the actress. Guy just seemed awkward on camera.

If Sonny had cheated on Will I wouldn't have been less judgemental because Will technically was being trusting of Sonny - his first love - to not betray him and in some cases, be wise enough for the both of them. So Sonny cheating would have bothered me too. Of course the actor playing Sonny has more likability, like Kassie.

Still, I agree with the general point you are making - that gay men are dragged through the mud, and that actor's quote about getting more hate mail for playing gay than playing a murderer is the exact point. People can understand wanting to kill someone (it's all over the media and considered a "normal", if wrong, behaviour), but people can't as easily wrap their minds around defying the sexual roles we've been conditioned to believe are the foundation of our society. It's sad - that violence is more relatable than love - but it's still around. Soaps are still trying to figure out if their audience can take/wants to see same sex relationships. And soaps might not be around too much longer, so is it worth exploring? I say yes, but others might not. Was there pushback against Will/Sonny on DAYS? Is there still? Did they sabotage this character to clear the gay off the canvas in essence?

And how do you write a gay love story on a soap, where the rules typically state that people bed-hop on a regular basis while remaining likeable in some way, while in the real world gay men are still vilified and feared for that very behaviour? Do you Out a character and immediately marry them off and never have them cheat? Or do you keep them chronically single and risk that alienating the audience in a different way?

But as for the "feminine" cheater getting more grief, it can be true, but I frankly found Michael Mansini rather hard to root for on Melrose Place because he behaved like a scumbag. Kimberly was really mentally ill, so I can understand her fixating on him, but Sydney should have had more marbles, to say nothing of the other gals Michael slept with. He clearly wasn't to be trusted, and I don't think the audience really high-fived him for bedding women at the cost of their relationships with each other. That's twisted and selfish. There too, I think it was the actor's charm that made it all work.

Did you see Michael Urie on Ugly Betty? He played Marc, a gay assistant who cheated on his rather sweet boyfriend, then asked him to marry him, then told him the truth and remained single for the rest of the show (they did a quickie relationship for him in the show's final episodes, but it was half-baked). It hurt Marc's likeability that he cheated randomly on his boyfriend, but it made sense in a way because his boyfriend and their serious relationship were all new territory for Marc. It was clearly about Marc sabotaging things for himself. The audience could understand that, and therefore didn't hate Marc, as lousy as he'd been. And without it ever really being stated in the show, Marc's femininity would have him stereotyped as a "bottom".

I think if DAYS had gone a similar route with Will (not my preference, of course, but something they could have done), it would have yielded better results. But that would have taken more self-aware writing and a better range from the actor, who seemed to coast in the part.

• Love 1

I was glad to see Gabi again.  I'm surprised she can get out of jail so quickly considering she killed Nick in cold blood.  I liked the scene where she is in the restaurant with Will, Ari and her brother.  I liked how she happily scarfed down the food while holding her little daughter.  I know she missed her daughter very much but it also shows how much she missed food that wasn't icky prison food.  I wonder how long Gabi is staying.  It's a good thing that she's back considering Sonny is gone and she can help Will take care of Ari.

I love seeing Victor and Stefano verbally sparring with each other.  It's always fun and those two do it so well.  I want more scenes of them together!

Abigail's dark brown hair and middle part looks incredibly ugly.  Why did she changed her hair color so drastically?  Her clothing has also been very ugly.  It looks like Abigail is turning into another character on the soap.  Kate Mansi looks like she's phoning it in.  She's a very bland actress.

Clyde is super creepy!  Yeah, I think he's the one that's been drugging Chad.  I'm glad Chad remembered this sonofabitch!  I hope Clyde suffers a horrible death.

• Love 2

Dear god, A. Martinez is still incredibly good-looking.

He is quite distinguished but wow has he aged since I last saw him on screen. Not sure what I think of him as Eve's ex but I like the idea of him as Rafe and Gabby's father. 

• Love 3

He is quite distinguished but wow has he aged since I last saw him on screen. Not sure what I think of him as Eve's ex but I like the idea of him as Rafe and Gabby's father. 

LOL! The last time I saw him on screen was this weekend in that John Wayne movie.

Wait, so he is Rafe's father too?  I'm glad that scene took me by surprise. I hope Papa Hernandez sticks around for a while and gives KDP something to do. I don't think Paige ever met her sister Gabi, did she.That's really sad. I loved seeing pictures of baby Paige. I hope we get a funeral. It would be a great opportunity for interaction. 

Joey stowing away on the plane!  Oh good lord, Britta? 

Really great acting today. Theresa, Kayla, Carolyn, Eve, even Maggie, Victor, and more.  Wow.

• Love 5

I remember him from his Santa Barbara days! So I guess that's been a while ;-)

I remember him from Santa Barbara, too. *sigh* Good times....

Wait, so he is Rafe's father too?  I'm glad that scene took me by surprise. I hope Papa Hernandez sticks around for a while and gives KDP something to do. I don't think Paige ever met her sister Gabi, did she.That's really sad. I loved seeing pictures of baby Paige. I hope we get a funeral. It would be a great opportunity for interaction. 

Joey stowing away on the plane!  Oh good lord, Britta? 

Really great acting today. Theresa, Kayla, Carolyn, Eve, even Maggie, Victor, and more.  Wow.

For a guy who never wanted a family, he sure has/had a lot of children! I agree with you completely about Eddie giving Eve something to do. Their scenes together were fantastic. It was also about time we saw Eve and Theresa together.

Baby Paige was adorbs!

Joey stowing away was so something either of his parents would have done back in the day. It felt like a shout-out.

• Love 4

Just when I feel for Eve, she reminds me why I can't stand her and have no real sympathy for her. Theresa's donating Paige's belongings and instead of thinking that others would be benefiting from Paige's generosity and her belongings, she's only thinking of the Hortons. Making a crack about hoping she didn't donate anything to the Horton Center. 

Because that's what is important and should be the first thing on her mind? Jennifer? If Eve was really thinking of her daughter, she would know Paige would want her things to go to anyone in need including the Horton Center.

• Love 1

Joey stowing away was so something either of his parents would have done back in the day. It felt like a shout-out.

I sorta thought that too!  Although if Days was really being true to the history, Kayla would have tagged along as well. Hope too. Maybe Kayla will come looking for Joey and it will be a family rescue of Bo. That would be cool. It's long past time for the show to give Kayla something to do beyond the hospital and the pub. 

• Love 2

Poor Caroline.  Peggy McCay was wonderful.

KdP and A. Martinez were also great today.  Too bad it's all for nothing since they showed her the door.  Days will never have a classier team player.  AM has aged well but I was hoping he'd changed his look from Longmire.  All I see is his resemblance to the alien that was Picard's doppleganger in the ST:TNG episode "Allegiance."  Yes, I took a mean pill today.

Edited by Kitty Redstone
  • Love 3

Speaking of Abifail, we should start taking bets on what medical crisis she or her alien baby will suffer that will lead to the public revelation that she cheated on mannequin and that Chad father said alien baby. 

My theory is that the show is working it's way up Abigail's anatomy in search of plot points. Abby's hymen provided 10 years (yes, 10 fuckless years) of scenes. Then Chad finally put us out of our misery only for Abby's clitoris to plumb drive her insane and chase EJ around begging for rides on his disco stick. Then Abby's fallopian tubes signed in for duty with the pregnancy scare story. Then it was weeks and weeks of Benigail in the hotel which was a little retro since at best it was about Abby's g spot. Not Abby's uterus is picking up the slack so things are looking up again. So, I'm guessing we're in for a case of appendicitis next. 

• Love 11

I wonder what SN does given how he hasn't acted much over the years - Must have some sort of other gig other being Steve, I would think.  

I like this version of Eve - no hysteria.  KdP's acting is so nicely controlled but still emotional - very well done.

• Love 3

Theresa's dress is really pretty.

Kayla goes to Salem High to take Joey out of the principal's office and doesn't bother to ask what happened until she gets him to her workplace?  Wouldn't the question have been appropriate before he ever left the principal's office?

Eduardo fathered five kids, but he never wanted a family.

Peggy McKay is doing great right now.  And she looks beautiful.

Kassie and A were great, too.

My theory is that the show is working it's way up Abigail's anatomy in search of plot points. Abby's hymen provided 10 years (yes, 10 fuckless years) of scenes. Then Chad finally put us out of our misery only for Abby's clitoris to plumb drive her insane and chase EJ around begging for rides on his disco stick. Then Abby's fallopian tubes signed in for duty with the pregnancy scare story. Then it was weeks and weeks of Benigail in the hotel which was a little retro since at best it was about Abby's g spot. Not Abby's uterus is picking up the slack so things are looking up again. So, I'm guessing we're in for a case of appendicitis next. 

My money is on hemorrhoids.

• Love 2

Brilliantly funny post of the day and week and month and times yet to come!!  Fabulous, JaneDigby!!

Maybe there's a chance that the next stop might just be a hemorroid driving the storyline of our Dear Abigail??  She's the definition of a pain in the ass.

ETA:  Rick Kitchen already diagnosed the problem.  I guess that means 2 out of 3 posters recommend Preparation H.

Edited by boes
  • Love 6

Icam and nothing will ever be the fault of abigail.

• Love 1

I vote they hire a writer who favors a hysterectomy!  ( I think that translates into Abby gets the ax)

My money is on hemorrhoids.

She's already anal. 

Eduardo fathered five kids, but he never wanted a family.

He's a walking sperm donor. (A good looking one at that.)

• Love 3