Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Kim did save Eve once but it was from a john in a motel when Eve was prostituting rather than the Riverfront Knifer. The Knifer attacked Eve on the pier, slashed her face, and Eve sported a large scar on her cheek for a while. 

And thus I have an indelible memory of Charlotte Ross with her HUGE scar, singing the Wind Beneath My Wings while thinking of Nick....whoever was the music director at the time must have had kind of a thing for Bette Midler, because I also think of Carly/Bo whenever I hear From a Distance. 

• Love 3

I remember now...I loved that Kim and Kayla were heroines, but, they were not weak and passive women...I think the serial killer turned out to be Harper Devereaux.

That was a great reveal. Totally didn't see it being the Senator when it started out. I hope the current killer reveal is along those lines.  JC who played Harper gave a stellar performance when he got caught. 

• Love 4

It was awesome..His  hatred for Kayla, poisoning Kayla, Patch saving her, Jack seething and plotting with his dad Harper to destroy them..The show was so awesome back then..Jack was such an evil bastard and the perfect antagonist for Steve and Kayla....It was so good how he found out about a certain Billy Earl Johnson and sought him out to destroy Steve once and for all. Only to find out that he was Billy..Awesome..and so delicious...His interactions with his birth mother Jo were perfect and finding out that both of his fathers were monsters and connecting with Adrienne....Despite what he did to Kayla, he and Steve connecting as brothers, with Kayla's approval...The show is incapable of that type of layered storytelling...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 8
Turns out it was a petal from a flower not native to this hemisphere.  The flower is, however, grown on the Dimera estate.  I'm an avid gardener and now almost as curious as to the name of the flower as the identity of the killer.

The only thing Sami liked about the Dimera House of Horrors were the flower gardens, so she did it.

I'm going to be disappointed, won't be the first time, if the serial killer is one of the usual suspects, or if it's some random stranger that doesn't matter.  However, I've learned with Days, that their shocking totally unexpected twists usually mean dumb, boring and predictable.

• Love 2

Eve's daughter is dead for 5 mins and she's sexing up Justin. She's gross and didn't learn a thing from JJ and her daughter dying detesting her. Eve is more useless of a character  she should have been the victim. 

• Love 3

It was awesome..His  hatred for Kayla, poisoning Kayla, Patch saving her, Jack seething and plotting with his dad Harper to destroy them..The show was so awesome back then..Jack was such an evil bastard and the perfect antagonist for Steve and Kayla....It was so good how he found out about a certain Billy Earl Johnson and sought him out to destroy Steve once and for all. Only to find out that he was Billy..Awesome..and so delicious...His interactions with his birth mother Jo were perfect and finding out that both of his fathers were monsters and connecting with Adrienne....

Harper's misogynist rant was phenomenal acting and story telling. They actually connected the seemingly random killing of prostitutes on the riverfront with the more high profile victims--the show's main cast and their colorful personal lives.  Harper's motive was hilarious--love the part about him "cleansing" the nation, and yet so fitting as a politician gone insane. 

Now if only he could get released from prison and make an appearance today. I'm sure Abifail would be top of his victim list.  Can you just imagine what he'd say about her?

Here's the clip for those who didn't watch then or did and want a good trip down memory lane: https://youtu.be/yVWitkIW2Oo

(Edited to add: Love the creepy horror music at the end of the clip)

On a current note, it was good to see Kate and Theresa together today. That was long overdue. 

Edited by Peanut6711
  • Love 4

He was such a bad influence on Jack and Jack loved him and admired him so much..Harper's evil and unrepentant hatred of women was a sight to be hold....was he responsible for Kayla going deaf?..I loved that storyline and I loved Benjy's introduction and it was such a waste to kill him off years later when Steve came back from the dead..He was the real "good" Dimera..I always wanted Benjy  with Stefanie...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

Why does it seem like they're sort of making Rafe out to be sketchy. Did anyone else pick up on that?

His eavesdropping on everyone's conversations is looking odd. He's always around lurking. Maybe his eavesdropping on Eve/Justin will be for saying Justin's bias/too close to the victim's mother?

• Love 1

Kate and Theresa. I'm hoping this will be the beginning of a glorious relationship.

On the other hand, Brady made me laugh so hard I had tears flowing. Then I had to rewind and watch (several times) when he snarked at John about how Liam Neeson has a stunt double and will the ISA be providing him one?

I'm still absorbing KdP's grief.

• Love 9

He was such a bad influence on Jack and Jack loved him and admired him so much..Harper's evil and unrepentant hatred of women was a sight to be hold....was he responsible for Kayla going deaf?.

Yes, I think that was one of his previous attempts to kill Kayla. She survived the loft basement fire or explosion (forget which) and was left deaf. Wasn't too long before his reveal if I recall.

He really hated Kayla because she was Jack's achilles heel..He was really smitten with her and he was obsessed with her..Harper hated her for that and so much more...She distracted him from achieving greatness in his deluded mind...I loved the deaf storyline..I cried like a baby when Kayla regained her voice, to say her vows to Steve...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

His eavesdropping on everyone's conversations is looking odd. He's always around lurking. Maybe his eavesdropping on Eve/Justin will be for saying Justin's bias/too close to the victim's mother?

I kinda took Rafe's eavesdropping to be part of his displeasure or even distrust of Justin at the moment.  Given that the new head writer is apparently a Rafe fan, I expect Rafe to come out the hero in this case.  And honestly, I'm really liking the idea of Justin being the killer in the end. WK could definitely pull it off with the right material and it would fit GG's press comment that the reveal was an amazing performance and the identity was one they had to do a double-take when they read the script.  Plus, it would add layers to the story if Justin gets involved with Eve over the coming months, the mother of one of his victims.  

He really hated Kayla because she was Jack's achilles heel..He was really smitten with her and he was obsessed with her..Harper hated her for that and so much more...She distracted him from achieving greatness in his deluded mind...I loved the deaf storyline..I cried like a baby when Kayla regained her voice, to say her vows to Steve...

And it was so funny how many times Harper failed at killing her. The women got the better of him in the end.

Kayla & Steve's wedding was great...the vows were so emotional.  And it had an added layer to the story with a defeated Jack looking on. It was if they were showing just how much Steve & Kayla triumphed. 

• Love 3

I am here for a Kate-Theresa-Nicole storyline where they are trying to get and then running a business. Those are three personalities that should be able to bounce off of each other for a good long time and provide a triangulation of shifting alliances. Good times could be had.

I'm not going to judge Eve for grief-fucking Justin. I mean, grief does that to people. It's a common reaction to losing someone... to just feel something and while they don't have a deep relationship yet or anything like that it's a damn sight better than just about anything else she's got going on. Bonus points for actually getting it on with a grown up this time. (Although, due to this... I really really don't want Justin to be the killer. I don't see how he could be anyway.)

What is with all of this interaction amongst the cast? People are no longer in their tiny little bubbles? Crazy!!

• Love 10

I kinda took Rafe's eavesdropping to be part of his displeasure or even distrust of Justin at the moment.  Given that the new head writer is apparently a Rafe fan, I expect Rafe to come out the hero in this case.  And honestly, I'm really liking the idea of Justin being the killer in the end. WK could definitely pull it off with the right material and it would fit GG's press comment that the reveal was an amazing performance and the identity was one they had to do a double-take when they read the script.  Plus, it would add layers to the story if Justin gets involved with Eve over the coming months, the mother of one of his victims.  

And it was so funny how many times Harper failed at killing her. The women got the better of him in the end.

Kayla & Steve's wedding was great...the vows were so emotional.  And it had an added layer to the story with a defeated Jack looking on. It was if they were showing just how much Steve & Kayla triumphed. 

I loved the sister interactions between Kim and Kayla during the deaf storyline....The Brady family were there for her..The only person that was missing was Bo..He and Kayla had such a strong bond....There was a bit too much Jack for me at their wedding...I hated Jack at the time and that is  why his redemption was so damn good..The show did the same thing when Eve crashed Jack and Jennifer's wedding years later...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

I loved the sister interactions between Kim and Kayla during the deaf storyline....The Brady family were there for her..The only person that was missing was Bo..He and Kayla had such a strong bond....There was a bit too much Jack for me at their wedding...I hated Jack at the time and that is  why his redemption was so damn good..The show did the same thing when Eve crashed Jack and Jennifer's wedding years later...

Bo was missing because he was sailing around the world with Hope by then, right?  

Oh, I still hate Jack to this day. I've never gotten over what he did to Kayla. But I was glad he didn't actually get to crash/ruin Steve & Kayla's wedding. Just had to watch it and suffer. While I didn't like him, from a writing perspective it at least showed how Jack was starting to wake up and face the reality in front of him--his whole identity had been a lie. His "father" wasn't really his father or an upstanding Senator but a deranged killer; his real brother was a hero instead of a bum; and the woman he loved would never love him. Doesn't get much lower than that. 

Video clip (about 3 minutes in): https://youtu.be/4lkkSa6T0-M

Does anyone know why Kim & Shane aren't on the list to come back for this 50th?  With their granddaughter being murdered it would seem like a good opening for them to return. Are the actors busy with something else?

• Love 4

And thus I have an indelible memory of Charlotte Ross with her HUGE scar, singing the Wind Beneath My Wings while thinking of Nick....whoever was the music director at the time must have had kind of a thing for Bette Midler, because I also think of Carly/Bo whenever I hear From a Distance. 

This sounds just terrible. I don't mind the odd musical soap montage but when characters start singing... UGH!! HATE!! One of the reasons I am glad Eve's throat surgery failed. 

Eve's daughter is dead for 5 mins and she's sexing up Justin. She's gross and didn't learn a thing from JJ and her daughter dying detesting her. Eve is more useless of a character  she should have been the victim. 

Was Dena also responsible for Ejami grief sex lo' those many years ago too? It is distasteful especially given that she met up with Justin.. what like twice? However, given Eve's past and how Paige has described her as latching onto men especially during times of disappointment or for validation it makes more sense here than it did back than between Ejami. I still don't love or like it but if it winds up taking Eve in another direction e.g., not blaming Jen and JJ for Paige's death and seeking revenge than I am all for it. 

• Love 1

This sounds just terrible. I don't mind the odd musical soap montage but when characters start singing... UGH!! HATE!! One of the reasons I am glad Eve's throat surgery failed. 

Watch out, Wally Kurth also sings. Eve & Justin may come together for a duet ;-)

• Love 2

Bo was missing because he was sailing around the world with Hope by then, right?  

Oh, I still hate Jack to this day. I've never gotten over what he did to Kayla. But I was glad he didn't actually get to crash/ruin Steve & Kayla's wedding. Just had to watch it and suffer. While I didn't like him, from a writing perspective it at least showed how Jack was starting to wake up and face the reality in front of him--his whole identity had been a lie. His "father" wasn't really his father or an upstanding Senator but a deranged killer; his real brother was a hero instead of a bum; and the woman he loved would never love him. Doesn't get much lower than that. 

Video clip (about 3 minutes in): https://youtu.be/4lkkSa6T0-M

Does anyone know why Kim & Shane aren't on the list to come back for this 50th?  With their granddaughter being murdered it would seem like a good opening for them to return. Are the actors busy with something else?

Yes, Bo and Hope were traveling around the world..I felt that Bo should have been a part of Kayla's deaf storyline....He was the missing link...Kim and Shane should be back for the 50th..I am hoping that the show kept them under wraps and we will just see them come for Paige's funeral...

• Love 2

Oy Vey! And what is this I am hearing about Doug and a Barbershop quartet?

7d29567f66711d987824424d9c1470c5.jpg

Yes, I forgot about that. 

Doug also once owned a club, "Doug's Place, later "Blondie's" and then "Wings" where the original Eve belted out hits. 

• Love 1

Can anyone tell me how to Kayla go deaf and when/how she got her hearing back?

She was trapped in some fire/explosion in the basement of where she lived at the time (the loft). It was an attempt on her life by her former father-in-law, Sen. Harper Deveaux who was later revealed to be the Riverfront Knifer. She survived but woke up with hearing loss. Some of it was physical, some of it was psychological. She had surgery at one point but still couldn't talk. Her voice came back in the middle of her wedding vows to Steve. A very poignant moment. 

• Love 2

Is there a master list somewhere, of all the pet names you guys have given to the characters? Some days, it's too much work for me to try to figure out who is who, and I know I can't be alone... :)  Another round of coffee for all -- on me!!

Kayla had gotten her hearing and not her speech, the night before her dream wedding that her family orchestrated for her..What was so good about her wedding was that it was the scribe writers who wrote the wedding and not the actual writers on the show, since they were in the middle of a strike...It probably would have been much better with the true writers who knew the characters of Steve and Kayla..Days was number 1 in the ratings because of the wedding..If Steve and Kayla are getting alot of focus by the new writers, they have earned it..They have paid their dues..I have seem some Wilson, Paulson fans complain about the vets getting so much focus on other sites...Some are actually hoping that Days will get cancelled because Will, Paul and Sonny are not on everyday...They can have a couple of  seats.... 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

Kind of like Sami and EJ on the couch when they thought Johnny had been killed. When Will caught them, or spied on them, or whatever.  I have absolutely no idea how some of you here can remember everything you can!! (I should add, I didn't mind Sami and EJ together; but after re-reading my post, it sounded like I thought they were a bad thing.)

Edited by OhioMom
  • Love 2

I have seem some Wilson, Paulson fans complain about the vets getting so much focus on other sites...Some are actually hoping that Days will get cancelled because Will, Paul and Sonny are not on everyday...They can have a couple of  seats.... 

I've seen that on Twitter, it's fucking ridiculous.  Like any character you want, but no soap opera should be boiled down to three characters, especially when it's celebrating 50 years of history.  And Will, Sonny, and Paul were front burner all year, a break is fine, especially since the rest of the show is improving.

• Love 5

Why would Kate need to team up with Nicole, someone she doesn't like or trust, to buy Basic Black? She's a successful businesswoman so I would think she would be able to easily get a business loan.

I will reserve judgement until it's revealed whether or not Justin and Eve actually had sex. Justin isn't grieving or going through a crisis so I don't see why he would be interested in having nasty awful sex with Eve. 

I don't think there's enough concrete evidence against Chad to get an indictment or even enough to keep him locked up multiple days for questioning. 

• Love 3

I have seem some Wilson, Paulson fans complain about the vets getting so much focus on other sites...Some are actually hoping that Days will get cancelled because Will, Paul and Sonny are not on everyday...They can have a couple of  seats.... 

Well Sonny is gone and there's absolutely no reason why a newbie character like Sparkle should be heavily featured during the anniversary celebration. 

• Love 3

Why would Kate need to team up with Nicole, someone she doesn't like or trust, to buy Basic Black? She's a successful businesswoman so I would think she would be able to easily get a business loan.

I will reserve judgement until it's revealed whether or not Justin and Eve actually had sex. Justin isn't grieving or going through a crisis so I don't see why he would be interested in having nasty awful sex with Eve. 

I don't think there's enough concrete evidence against Chad to get an indictment or even enough to keep him locked up multiple days for questioning. 

But you forget Justin has not been laid since he came back to Salem.  Poor Justin.  Victor took him away from his side piece.

With Theresa and Kate teaming up, it would be cool to see Kim interact with Kate...Kim and Kate have both been prostitutes,  both have been abused by men, worked for Stefano and had a past with Victor. Not to mention that  both have a murderous edge. I know it was Kim's alternate personality that shot Roman, but it was still Kim. I would love to see Kim's reaction to Kate being a mentor to Theresa, especially if Kate and Theresa form a strong bond...

• Love 1

And what is this I am hearing about Doug and a Barbershop quartet?

Doug started out as a sleezy lounge singer.

"Hi, Kate, why don't you drop dead?"  Love snarky Nicole.

Brady to Theresa: "You actually found somebody who couldn't stand you?"

I really like Marlena's shirt.  I guess that's a shirt?

Why was Kate lurking around Marlena's apartment?

stfu, Daniel.

OMG, Kate and Theresa are awesome together.

• Love 2

Thank you for posting those awesome clips. Who could imagine now doing actual remote scenes? I watched days intermittently during this time so I don't know all the characters. Who were the couple the guy in the bad yellow suit and his girlfriend?

• Love 2

That was Mike Horton and April..Mike is Jennifer's  and Lucas' big brother via Bill Horton and April was his wife. They left the show together to live in Israel..Jeremy Horton is their son, who was once an abuser, who abused Stefanie, Steve and Kayla's daughter...Mike later came back divorced and with a new face and had an affair with Carrie, while she was married to Austin...I  loved Mike and April together..This was my favorite Mike and I loved his relationship with Jennifer..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

Mike and April are no longer together.  He was with Carrie for a while, then they, too, broke up and she got back together with Austin.

Mike's and April's son Jeremy showed up at one point, he was a pilot, but he had an abusive side (he tried to drown Stephanie at one point), and was also involved in fraud, and he eventually left town, claiming he was going to try to clean up his act.

• Love 2
Me too! Plus if this flower is so rare that no one else in Salem can grow one, what is in the Dimera dirt that they can?   Maybe it's grown in the garden where all the dead Salem residents really reside til they come back to life when the writers need them. In that case, Andre probably picked it up on his shoe when he was crawling out of his grave ;-)

This is my new canon for DAYS :) Brilliant.

Eve is more useless of a character  she should have been the victim.

See, this MIGHT have been interesting if Paige had untapped potential. Theresa would have lost her sister and this would have been a natural moment for her parents to pop up in town and try to begin mending fences...JJ would be tormented about the fact that he DID like something about Eve and because of him sleeping with her, her final months of life were spent with her daughter hating her. And Paige being guilt-ridden could be have been interesting.

In truth I've already forgotten/moved on from Paige.

On a current note, it was good to see Kate and Theresa together today. That was long overdue.

YES.  YES YES YES.

I love that in the span of a few short days, Theresa has A) Called Abby out on being a worthless tramp (causing me to do a spit-take and cheer) B) decided there is more to life than Brady's approval C) Gone around town trying to start her career and surprising people with her raw talent and pugnacity and D) aligned herself with Kate, who is awesome.

Makes me think the new writers finally saw what the old ones couldn't - Theresa is a goldmine of potential and they're going to mine it. Yay!

• Love 8

That was Mike Horton and April..Mike is Jennifer's  and Lucas' big brother via Bill Horton and April was his wife. They left the show together to live in Israel..Jeremy Horton is their son, who was once an abuser, who abused Stefanie, Steve and Kayla's daughter...Mike later came back divorced and with a new face and had an affair with Carrie, while she was married to Austin...I  loved Mike and April together..This was my favorite Mike and I loved his relationship with Jennifer..

Did Mike and April actually marry? I remember her being his girlfriend during the Johnson's wedding but I can't recall if they ever tied the knot. April is not Jeremy's mother though.  His mother is Robin Jacobs, also a doctor. I'm pretty sure that's who Mike left town with in the either late '80's or early '90's when he was played by Michael T. Weiss--also my favorite Mike (really the only Mike to me.)

• Love 5

Now I could very well be giving the writers way too much credit but I've noticed that Steve has said he left the ISA but hasn't said exactly why (unless I missed that). Does he know something? Distrust something?  Also every time someone points out to Steve that he's been gone/abandoned his family, he doesn't say much. The old Steve would have more vocally admitted that--rather loudly, probably yelling "yeah I'm a bum but I still want Kayla back."  But this Steve seems like he's holding some info back IMO. But again, it could just be the writers.  

I noticed this too and you are right. Steve was nothing if not loud in all things related to Kayla, even when telling her to kick rocks. Steve's attitude towards Kayla once working past his many issues was always one of "I don't deserve her, but since nobody else does either, I might as well have her." Yes, it could be growth with age, but just like you, I suspect there is more to t.

• Love 3

It was awesome..His  hatred for Kayla, poisoning Kayla, Patch saving her, Jack seething and plotting with his dad Harper to destroy them..The show was so awesome back then..Jack was such an evil bastard and the perfect antagonist for Steve and Kayla....It was so good how he found out about a certain Billy Earl Johnson and sought him out to destroy Steve once and for all. Only to find out that he was Billy..Awesome..and so delicious...His interactions with his birth mother Jo were perfect and finding out that both of his fathers were monsters and connecting with Adrienne....Despite what he did to Kayla, he and Steve connecting as brothers, with Kayla's approval...The show is incapable of that type of layered storytelling...

The funny thing about Harper is that the thing that started him down the path of crazed killer with a sight on the moral right of America's women was wrong. He poisoned Kayla over his belief that she had something the Melissa Anderson took. It was all downhill for the slim all from there.

Now if only he could get released from prison and make an appearance today. I'm sure Abifail would be top of his victim list.  Can you just imagine what he'd say about her?

I believe Harper is dead. If I'm not mistaken, Jack and Victor (Harper's partner in many a crime) tried to break Harper out of prison and he was killed either in a plane crash, or falling out of a plane. Which he was alive when Jennifer was doing Taniel and treating Jack like garbage.

Kayla had gotten her hearing and not her speech, the night before her dream wedding that her family orchestrated for her..What was so good about her wedding was that it was the scribe writers who wrote the wedding and not the actual writers on the show, since they were in the middle of a strike...It probably would have been much better with the true writers who knew the characters of Steve and Kayla..Days was number 1 in the ratings because of the wedding..If Steve and Kayla are getting alot of focus by the new writers, they have earned it..They have paid their dues...

Not only was Kayla and Steve's wedding massive. It did for days what no other couple before or after them did in terms of ratings. It still holds the record as the second highest rated wedding in soap history, it was just behind Luke and Laura's wedding on GH and that's saying something because GH was a juggernaut at the time. I mean artists writes songs for and got top hits based on L & L and GH. Kayla and Steve's wedding is the only one I remember clearly to this day, and I love Roman and Marlena's weddings (both WN and DH versions)' Bo and Hope, Jack and Jennifer, etc, but there was just something about those characters and the actors that sticks with me.

• Love 1

I don't understand the pairing up with Kate storyline. If she has no money (the one thing Nicole and Theresa need) what purpose does she serve in the story other than giving LK something to do now that she is out of Clyde's orbit.

I don't care about Justin and Eve they can get together if they want, especially since he is becoming a jackass and she is a sociopath , but please don't let them sing. I love both actors, but I just don't want the smoopy crooning, it does not fit either character and will not serve to endear them to me.

When Brady is the sensible one in a conversation, something is wrong. I liked how Marlena dealt with the situation like a sensible adult. I also liked the reminder that Brady actually has a positive and functional relationship with Marlena.

• Love 7

I am here for a Kate-Theresa-Nicole storyline where they are trying to get and then running a business. Those are three personalities that should be able to bounce off of each other for a good long time and provide a triangulation of shifting alliances. Good times could be had.!!

I would love to see this! I would love to see them become the most successful business in Salem. Sure, they'd have these issues, and will always team up 2 on 1 when differing opinions surface, but this is an amazing opportunity to show 3 women who have some business experience (at least 2 of them) running a company, versus some fresh out of high school, no experience twit (coughVictoria Newmancough)

This is why this will never happen. Can't have three smart, successful women making the menfolk of the town look like buffoons.

• Love 2

Firstly, I'm still drooling over Kate's jacket.  Also can't say how much I'm looking forward to the trio of Kate, Nicole, and Theresa in a story.  I was seriously giggling when Kate gave Theresa candy, and at Kate and Nicole's entire exchange.  Hopefully Nicole will tell Dr. Tan to stuff it.  His fragile ego is not her problem.

Who the hell does Brady think he is to determine what Theresa's ambitions should be because of how they might affect Tate?  That doofus should worry about his own self and his own "patterns of behavior."  Of the two of them, only one is an easily fooled addict with serious impulse problems.  He's becoming more and more like Maggie everyday, and there's only so much smug and condescending one family can handle. 

Justin's hate-on for Chad and his yelling and carrying on is very strange, and I do wish he'd shut up.  Hopefully there is some explanation for why he's acting this way.  I don't think it's because he's the killer, though.

Is Clyde's troglodyte still around?  Maybe he's the killer.  Or maybe it's Kristen back from the dead, taking revenge on Chad because he hasn't carried on the Dimera vendetta against Marlena?  Or Abe because he's bored out of his mind?  Or Maxine, because she thinks Serena dissed Dr. Tan one too many times and now her murderous rage has snowballed?  IDK.  I'm running out of viable suspects.

Here's the clip for those who didn't watch then or did and want a good trip down memory lane: https://youtu.be/yVWitkIW2Oo

(Edited to add: Love the creepy horror music at the end of the clip)

That was amazing!  Thank you for posting it.  Besides the drama of the situation, can you believe how long each scene was?  We've been so conditioned to short scenes (especially on GH, which I've recently given up) that anything longer now seems like a real luxury.  But back then they were like five whole minutes!  It makes me awfully nostalgic.  

Is there a master list somewhere, of all the pet names you guys have given to the characters? Some days, it's too much work for me to try to figure out who is who, and I know I can't be alone... :)  Another round of coffee for all -- on me!!

There is!  http://forums.previously.tv/topic/14670-hall-of-nicknames/

• Love 7

I was so excited to see more Bo, but then he had to go and say "Fancy Face!"

How I hate that nickname. Just so dumb.

I agree that it sucks that all of Hope's other love interests have turned out to be criminals while Bo's have just been plain annoying (Carly & Billie).

I think it's very unfair that Hope never seems to get a real love interest outside of Bo. However, I liked Bo much more with Carly and I never found her annoying or plain. I liked original recipe Billie but didn't like anything with the character after that initial run.

April is not Jeremy's mother though.  His mother is Robin Jacobs, also a doctor.

I loved Michael T Weiss as Mike. I've actually never seen any other Mike. I liked his romance with Robin a lot (very different in that a lot of the focus was on her religion).

Soaps sure do love grief sex. I for one cannot imagine wanting to have sex with a virtual stranger 30 minutes after any member of my family died, but that might just be me.

I am liking Rafe these days. I don't know what is wrong with me!

• Love 5

Did Mike and April actually marry? I remember her being his girlfriend during the Johnson's wedding but I can't recall if they ever tied the knot. April is not Jeremy's mother though.  His mother is Robin Jacobs, also a doctor. I'm pretty sure that's who Mike left town with in the either late '80's or early '90's when he was played by Michael T. Weiss--also my favorite Mike (really the only Mike to me.)

You are so right..I forgot about Robin..I loved Mike with both Robin and April..Wasn't April involved with Nick Corelli? I remember Jo killing him, thinking that he had killed Steve, April was arrested for his murder and Eve was a suspect as well...Jack schemed to get Jo his mother declared insane, to get away with murder...Jack and Eve got married so that Eve would get Nick Corelli's money...I loved Nick and Eve together...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

I am truly looking forward to the Kate/Nicole/Theresa storyline and I especially hope we get to see more of Kate mentoring Theresa to get her fabulous self on :)  I appreciate that Brady wants to set a good example for Tate but he has no business policing what Theresa drinks and when.

John and Marlena are sickening to watch because I just can't deal with DH's teary-eyed yet oddly expressionless face and John's smugness.  They are putting on the same act they did twenty years ago and it's kind of sad.

I understand that Eve is grief-striken but why is her first thought to have sex with a man to make herself feel better?  Maybe it's time to seek therapy.

• Love 4

I loved Michael T Weiss as Mike. I've actually never seen any other Mike

I looked up Mike on Wikipedia, and he has been played by sixteen different actors!

I understand that Eve is grief-striken but why is her first thought to have sex with a man to make herself feel better?  Maybe it's time to seek therapy.

She slept with JJ after finding out she couldn't have her surgery, so it seems to be her go-to reaction.

• Love 1