Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

(edited)

Didn't Stephano tell EJ he knew about the affair? It'd be kind of funny if Stephano was the one who told Sami!

I don't know if I care as much about anybody's come-uppance anymore since it feels like this storyline has gone on for 10 000 years and everyone looked really stupid in it (especially EJ by forgetting to use birth control), but I am interested in seeing the dynamics of the actual PLAN. And the conversations between Sami and Kate. I wonder if Kate will tell Sami she did it with little Rafe again.

I guess I also want to see Jennifer's shocked face. That's actually more interesting to me than seeing Abigail cry. In that sense, I think a public humiliation is necessary. Otherwise, how else would I get to see Jennifer's realization that she should have spent less time thinking about sex with Daniel and more time on wondering what was up with her daughter!

I think whatever happens as end-game may shift Abigail's personality a bit. Either that, or Melanie's reappearance.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 1
one of those "photos in a safe deposit box, only to be delivered in the event of death" kind of things.

I hope Sami has known way longer than Nick's death. For one, the irony that EJ hired a hitman to kill him to shut him up and Sami already knew would be priceless. Second, (and this is the one I really want to be true) Sami was too nicey-nice to Abigail back as far as when Abby thought she might be pregnant. Sami was the one that put the idea in her head in the first place and then she kept in pretty close contact with her till she found out. Plus it would mean the whole "help me learn art for our Paris honeymoon" would be part of her plan to further rub her "honeymoon" in Abby's face.  Anything that makes the long-con longer is awesome so that in the end Abby knows she's the one that's really been played. 

• Love 4
(edited)

If the worst that Abigail feels is that she's been played, then I actually think she got off easy with Sami.

Compared to that Stan plan, I don't really think Sami is being inordinately cruel to Abigail.  This plan seems a lot less worse to me than the other plans Sami has gone through since the worst that will happen is that Abigail might have to do the walk of shame for a day. Yeah, she's making Abigail feel bad, but the assumption that the other women don't need to feel bad about going after attached men is one I've never fully understood. I'll be honest -- I don't get that at all. Yeah, the man is at fault, but if the assumption is that we should feel for the other woman simply because she's a woman and not the man who said vows (which is an argument I've seen in general, not necessarily one posited here), then why didn't the other woman feel for the woman who actually is with the engaged guy or wife? Seems like misplaced compassion to me when the other woman had no worries about the sisterhood.

I've also seen arguments that Abigail has no obligation to Sami so it didn't really matter if she slept with EJ. By the same token, I don't think Sami has any obligation to Abigail. Therefore, the plan to make Abigail know she's been a fool sounds fine to me.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 5
(edited)

I've also seen arguments that Abigail has no obligation to Sami so it didn't really matter if she slept with EJ. By the same token, I don't think Sami has any obligation to Abigail. Therefore, the plan to make Abigail know she's been a fool sounds fine to me.

I don't even see how it's possible for Abby to feel like she shouldn't feel bad because she doesn't owe Sami anything. Salem is a pretty incestuous town and Sami was once married to Lucas. The whole town is probably going to be in on it.  They're gonna bring up Abby's relationship with EJ, Sami and the kids as well as Will and Ari.  Plus what about that speech at Ari's christening?

I don't see how Abby could be indignant about this affair in the face of Will especially.  She's always been blah about the little kids Allie, Sydney and Johnny, but Will is a grown up and I'd like to see her try that argument with him.

I'm not saying Will has a right to even be involved in Sami/EJ/Abby, but really, how could Abby and EJ be around Will and involve themselves in his wedding and listen to his praise of them all while hurting his mother?  Of course this will all depend on whether Will even cares that his mother and his siblings got hurt.

All of it is going to come out for EJ and Abby.  Like Abby making cupcakes with Johnny while cheating with his dad and EJ wiping off batter from Abby's face while his kids are in the next room.  Didn't Abby babysit for Sydney too?  And also EJ missing Johnny's soccer game so he could sex Abby in the shower.  Sami assuming Abby was checking up on Allie when EJ was frisking her in the living room and telling her about the hitman.

Looking back, I have to laugh at how much Sami pushed these two together.  I'll just have to wait and see if it was intentional or not.

Everyone was saying that Nick should forgive Will because they're family.  I wouldn't put it past them to try it again with Will and Abby.  Straight out of the Horton Handbook, LOL.

Edited by 271queenie
  • Love 1
(edited)

I am perplexed that Abigail is able to have discussions with Will without seeming awkward. Maybe KM isn't good at playing subtext the way Matthew Ashford does, though.

Edited by bantering
If the worst that Abigail feels is that she's been played, then I actually think she got off easy with Sami.

Oh I want her to know she's been played but I also want her publicly humiliated.  Abigail knew what she was getting into--as in knew EJ was engaged, knew what Sami was like when she's crossed, knew that children were involved, and knew the reputation of the Dimera family. There's no way she should get a pass on this, especially since this isn't her first rodeo. 

• Love 4

but I don't think of Abigail as a puppy. I don't know what Abigail is though.

Not a puppy as in cute and adorable, just that she's defenseless. One kick and she'll be whimpering and cowering behind Jennifer's knees.Maybe that's fun for people who hate Abby, but I'm indifferent to her character, so I don't care so much. A better analogy might be she's like swatting a fly. My point wasn't that Abby didn't deserve some sort of smackdown, but that, in soap terms, she's been a minor annoyance to Sami rather than a true adversary. Maybe if she'd stolen her baby, or framed her for murder, or engineered a series of events that kept EJ and Sami apart, I'd be more outraged by her. But she just slept with EJ while he was with Sami, which, in Salemverse, isn't all that big of a deal.  

I think most Sami fans would have been excited to see this kind of thing play out with Nicole or Kate (before they becme River Dumping BFFs) in place of Abby. Hell, I love Nicole, but think that would have been a more fitting end to Sami's run. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I don't have a problem with Sami going after Abby, mainly because that's how the story happened to organically develop (if you can call anything organic on this show).

When the storyline was written, I doubt the show took JS's threat seriously that he was leaving.  Most likely they thought he'd change his mind, and Abigail was supposed to probably be a transition of some sorts into a new love interest (which would explain the stupidity of the pregnancy storyline, I suppose). But since they didn't take into account that JS was actually serious, this is what we're stuck with, I guess.

I don't really think Sami is actually being THAT cruel to Abigail. She's basically acting with the same agitation that Carrie did but with an actual plan in mind. But it's not like she's taking Abigail to court or sticking her in jail.  She`s not suing her with letters like I`ve seen in recent celebrity scandals. (Didn`t Donald Sterling`s wife sue the mistress? I didn't even know that was possible until that scandal). The worst she's doing is that she's humiliating her. Which happens often in Salem. Now it's Abigail's turn for stupid behavior. If Jennifer has to cry her eyes out  and lose Daniel in the process for actually doing the right thing by telling Eric the truth, what Abigail has to go through just seems like par for the course in Salem to me.

Abigail seems like teflon in the brain to me though. If Carrie`s slap didn`t wisen Abigail up and the look of disappointment from her dad didn`t register with her,  I don`t know what will.  Sami`s plan might have the weird effect of making Abigail even like even more of a martyr after she`s done the one day walk of shame. Most likely she`ll feel sorry for herself, and there will be dumb people in Salem ready and willing to give sympathy to her. Ben will see her on the park bench crying, turn her head to his, and then they`ll go back to his place to make love. Wow, what a punishment.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 3

Unless they aren’t planning on renewing KM’s contract when it’s up (at the end of the year??) then they need Abby to have her public fall from grace (via Sami over the affair) and let her find some self-awareness and redeem herself. I don’t see how they can sell us on a romance between her and Ben or any other guy until she does. As it is now I look at her and Ben on screen together and think, “Oh Ben, she would be so much more into you if you just had a wife, fiancé, or even girlfriend.”

• Love 1

I’m not sure Corday and the writers gave any real thought to this SL beyond having EJ cheat on Sami with his brother’s ex.  They seem to foolishly believe this was some great shocking twist.  The SL has mostly been boring.  The part I’m looking forward to is Sami and Kate scheming together.  Without the Kate/Sami angle, all they have is some idiot guy who has cheated on his fiancée – Yawn.

• Love 1

The biggest laugh was when Abby told Ben she's a low maintenance kind of girl!  I laughed so hard cos you just know it's a matter of time before she criticises Ben for resuming his relationship with his bad father that we've heard of and telling him he can't live with Eve who I assume will turn out to be his mom.

She's already insinuated that he';s not making enough money because she pushed for the 500 bucks for the modelling job and photoshopped him into a picture with Gabs to sell him on the idea.

I don't get the argument that Abby is a defenseless puppy.  It's true that she doesn't have the goods to back it up like Sami, Nicole and Kate, but she's done her fair share of dressing other women down.

She went toe to toe with Chloe and Theresa calling them sluts at every turn, why shouldn't she have a turn at public shaming?  Also nobody really knows about what happened with Austin and it's kind of like Gabi kidnapping Melanie, it needs to get a mention, even after two years just for the sake of completeness.

Abby can dish it out, lets see if she can take it.

• Love 1
(edited)

Yeah, I don't think of Abby as defenseless. She's pretty good at throwing out the bad words like everyone else on the show. The problem she seems to have is when people won't take it and turn the tables on her. She seemed shocked when Chloe decided to throw the words back at her. Well, duh, that's what happens when you start calling people sluts and trash when they were just standing there minding their own business.

She also seemed shock when Chad decided to point out her own weaknesses after getting tired of hearing how he morally failed in her eyes. Didn't she dump him in the hospital? Why is it so hard for her to say no to EJ every time he keeps insisting she follow Sami's wishes?

Edited by bantering
(edited)

Nicole needs to walk into a church and be struck by lightning.

Only if it's chain lightning that manages to frizzle stupid Kristen and Julie, too, that hyperactive, hypocritical jerk.

“Oh Ben, she would be so much more into you if you just had a wife, fiancée, or even girlfriend.”

Ben, meanwhile, is bringing creepy new meaning to the term "sister-wife." When he isn't eyeing up Sonny, that is.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 2

For some reason I'm really interested in what Kate makes of all of this.  That one day in January when she met EJ in the HTS and asked him what he did to that poor girl (Abby) has always made me wonder if she was the one that found out first and told Sami.

That argument with Chloe in HTS is the reason I want to see what Abby does with Sami.  Abby started off strong then she ended up hiding behind Jennifer.  I wish Chloe could come back for the day so that she, along with Nicole and Theresa could have ringside seats.

She's pretty good at throwing out the bad words like everyone else on the show.

But that's all she's done. When Carrie slapped her, she folded. When people call her out, she gets her feelings hurt. That she can't say no to Sami and EJ shows just how spineless she can be.  I'm not saying that Abby shouldn't be humiliated, but there's really no sport in it.

• Love 1
(edited)

If we count Kate in on knowing, that's 3 WHOLE PEOPLE who knew about the affair: Kate, Stephano, and Nick.

Then there's EJ leaving around photos in the house and having loud conversations in the park.

How he thought he could keep this a secret is beyond me. Maybe he would have been better off telling Sami the truth from the beginning. If there's one think women hate more than cheating, I'm pretty sure it's being made a fool of! It's possible the latter (well, that and the forgotten birth control -- what the heck, people???) has angered her more than the cheating. I don't know if I'm capable of forgiving cheating (who knows until you're actually faced with it), but I know those other two things would definitely send me into a rage!

Edited to add:

I don't think Abigail is spineless in general. She just seems to be spineless with EJ. I don't know if his abs have some wacko effect on her, but she's been able to say no to Cameron and Chad in the past before. And lecture them. She's even yelled at her dad like nobody's business. She basically told him to shut it when he found her being massaged by Chad. For some reason, she doesn't know how to tell EJ to take a flying leap like she did with her father.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 1

I would also love it if Chad stacked his chips with Kami and outvoted EJ.  At this rate I would love it if Stefano was involved in excommunicating Elvis.  I would watch Melanie and nuChad if it meant that Abby would be annoyed that he's ignoring her.

Can you imagine Abby to Chad: 'Pay attention to me!  I slept with EJ and he said it was lovely. Plus he thinks I'm young, beautiful, educated and SKINNY!'

• Love 2
(edited)

Abigail also got into Austin's bed (or couch? since there are no beds on this show) with just her underpants on. That is not a completely spineless person to me!

She's lame, but when she thinks she can get away with something, she's a wacko like everyone else on this show.

Now that I think about it properly, Abigail does seem to be wimpier with other women than with men. I don't think she's being wimpy with EJ though. I think a small part of her wants to participate in the wedding, because any other person would be faking cramps and begging Dr. Dan to give a medical note to get her out of this wedding. Me? I'd buy a ticket to Europe and come back after the wedding. I'm sure the hospital won't miss her.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2

But why would Abby even want to be a part of this wedding? As I said yesterday, I still think she's attracted to EJ and when Sami came home on the day of Ari's birthday, she seemed to perk up when Sami said there's not going to be a wedding, but I would think that now it's a foregone conclusion.

I don't think Abby is going to have any perverse wedding fantasies or get off on the idea of her and EJ standing on opposite sides of an aisle.

I do wonder if Abby would choose Ben if Sami ditches EJ or if she would run off to comfort EJ instead.

(edited)

I don't know if Abby consciously knows she still wants EJ, but I'm pretty sure most women, no matter how hot EJ is (or used to be?), would run screaming from having to participate in this wedding. Even people pleasers would run screaming. This is just way too awkward. Plus, the feelings of guilt would be too overwhelming. Also, she  clearly has never liked  Sami that much. She's never seemed inclined to please Sami. Anything she's ever done has because EJ has told her to go ahead and do it so as not to arouse suspicion (what dumb-dumbs).  Who else could she be trying to please but EJ?

I think Abigail has gotten over the idea of actively pursuing EJ,  but she must like being in his orbit on some level. Because no one would agree to this sort of thing. It's just too weird and would produce too much nausea. Maybe I'm selfish about my body parts, but no way could I deal with the guilt eating away at my bowels.

Edited to add:

Abigail also seemed bothered when EJ and Sami were kissing. Unless you still want the guy, I don't get why that would bother anyone.

Although even if I wanted EJ, I still wouldn't want to participate in this wedding. If I were Abigail, the show would have to do a product placement advert for IBS medications.

Edited to also add:

I also find Abigail`s phrasing odd. She said something about how she has to stand there and watch Sami marry the man "she slept with." A guilty feeling person would have phrased that another way and said "How can I stand there and watch her marry the man I  stupidly cheated with" (or something like that. On the fly, it's hard for me to think up how to word that EJ cheated on Sami and Abigail more or less "helped" him with letting the cheating take off) Abigail's phrasing makes it sound like she had EJ first.

If simply sleeping with the same person is what makes people feel ill, everyone in Salem should be feeling sick.

Edited by bantering
Abigail also seemed bothered when EJ and Sami were kissing. Unless you still want the guy, I don't get why that would bother anyone.

I don't get why it would bother you when you were kissing your new guy the day before!  And yet I suspect if she walked in on Ben kissing some girl it would make her want him more.  Abigail is one nutty cookie.

• Love 1

Abby needs to have a severe fall from grace because another thing that irks me about her character is how she swears she knows everyone. During the affair with EJ she thought she knew EJ, a few days ago she was talking about Rafe going inward, she did it somewhat yesterday, I wanna say it was about Sami but not 100% on that. Thought she knew Cameron, Chad, Gabi, she probably think she'll know Victor next. Quite frankly with the way she always goes after men who are attached I'm surprised she hasn't tried to turn Sonny straight yet, but wouldn't surprise if she tried.

• Love 1
(edited)

Sami said something, when she was playing Abigail, about how Abigail could "see" EJ for who he really is.

KM said something similar in one of her interviews. Now I'm wondering if she saw that line in the script, took it literally, and forgot to see the subtext in it! Sami was throwing shade!

Edited by bantering
(edited)

I guess I just don’t get people who pursue people who are in a relationship with someone else.  I think they are selfish idiots.  And I don't know why they are surprised when they get burned by the person who is cheating on their spouse, fiancée, etc.

I have the same meh reaction to Rafe’s cheating that I do EJ’s although for different reasons.  Rafe is a dirty dog for cheating on Jordan, however, I have no investment in either character or their relationship, I don’t care about Jordan’s secret (another SL that has been drug out to long and gone nowhere), and I would rather see Kate in a different SL.

With EJ, eight years later, the fact that he idiotically shot himself in the foot again, just has me wanting Sami to bury him alive, and move on.  At least when Sami would ruin her own life with her crazy schemes, they were entertaining to watch.  EJ is as dumb as Brady.

I agree with posters who have mentioned AS and JS departures take the suspense out of the SL.  It’s one of the reasons I will enjoy seeing Sami and Kate scheming together.  AS and LK are always entertaining in their scenes together.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 2

I think the kissing bothered Abigail, because it reminded/showed her that Sami loves EJ, which makes Abigail feel guilty. Later, when she was alone with EJ in the garden, Abby made a point of saying how much Sami loves EJ. 

The one problem I do have with this storyline is that clearly Sami has been playing Abigail for a while, but I’m a little irked that AS denied it. I understand an actor/actress being asked a question and not wanting to spoil things but I’d much rather see them give a vague “you’ll have to tune in and see what happens” type response than basically out right lie. I really dislike when actors/writers/producers do that—dispel a rumor even though it’s true.

I don't think Sami has known for all that long. It sort of seems like she only found out between when she asked Abigail to help her with the wedding, and when she interrupted Abby and Jordan in the square. It would make more sense to me though, if she found out a little earlier, like say around the time of Nick's (real) death. It would provide a better explanation for the renewed, over-the-top hatred between Sami and Kate (i.e. that they're faking it as part of a bigger plan) than Kate supposedly wanting to be lady of the DiMera mansion. 

My view is that she wanted him at the beginning of the 'relationship' because of what happened on Valentine's Day and in the conference room.  Over time, my view has been that she's still attracted to him and would take him if he were free.

In the interim, I do think that she would be glad if this whole thing blows up in EJ's face with all her digs at him about how ' no one gets Sami Brady down' or whatever.

I think she also perked up at the idea of there being no wedding because who hasn't wished for the man who shafted them to not get a HEA with the woman of his choice?  I know I've done it

In my case, I don't get too fussed by seeing cutesy pics of exes on Facebook, but as you pointed out, Abby still gets hella annoyed when EJami kiss/make out.

Abby was a willing participant, but she's still got to get to the stage where she realises EJ is no prince.

She talks a big game and she punches him a lot but I think she enjoys their exchanges.

I know they've got to communicate for the story, but I think Abby would be more bothered if EJ kept his distance.

Does Rafe even realize he cheated on Jordan? I don't even think they were on one of those Ross and Rachel breaks?

Maybe GG's line delivery puts me to sleep so I didn't completely catch what he was saying, but the next day he was mumbling about being a hero...or not being a hero? I'm not sure. All I know is I don't remember him actually recognizing that he cheated! If Rafe actually had pulse and some brain activity going on, I would be up in arms about this!

(edited)
For some reason I'm really interested in what Kate makes of all of this.  That one day in January when she met EJ in the HTS and asked him what he did to that poor girl (Abby) has always made me wonder if she was the one that found out first and told Sami.

Was that about the same time EJ came stomping in to her office after he received the photos, wondering if it was her that had sent them?  Kate was pretty suspicious of what he was hiding after that, so maybe she went digging then? 

No matter what, though, I really, really want Kate and Sami to be playing both EJ and Stefano.

Edited by Kitty Redstone

It's possible that Abby feels guilty because Sami loves EJ a alot, but I would be inclined to think that she is jealous.  During the pregnancy scare Abby told Sami that EJ loved her very much and that she wished someone could love her that much.

I took it to mean that Abby wished EJ loved her as much as he loves Sami.  Of course Abby could feel differently now that she has Ben, but I'm waiting to see what happens next.

(edited)

I think Sami found out about the affair later, but I'm wondering if she were planning something because of EJ's lies about not knowing that Kristen had drugged Eric.  Then while snooping, she might have inadvertently found out about the affair?

So maybe Sami's revenge is a cumulative thing -- revenge on EJ refusing to just give the truth to her like she asked, and then having the gall to sleep with Abigail, while acting like Sami did something wrong in wanting the truth. That could also tick a woman off. People don't take too kindly to the idea of a partner acting like they're in the wrong for wanting to know something and then having the same partner go off and cheat and then STILL continue to act like the person is wrong for wanting to know what went on.

I think her plan might be directed at EJ, not only because of the cheating but because of the Kristen thing,  but Abigail might be collateral damage. I actually don't know how one could keep Abigail out of this since the infidelity does come into play as part of the larger whole.

Edited to add:

Yeah, I think there's residual jealousy on Abigail's end. A person who actually knows what guilt feels like would be running away from this wedding like the Road Runner. Plus, I don't think EJ is really treating Abigail kindly. That would repulse me from wanting to please him.

I think the script, through dialogue, indicated some momentary acknowledgement of hypocrisy on Abigail's end (although I think it comes across as lip service since KM doesn't seem to know how to do the guilty facial expression) but I also think KM is playing it as if Abigail still sort of wants EJ.  She gets this weird look on her face every time EJ mentions how much he loves Sami and his family. And whenever EJ and Sami are affectionate with each other, she seems strangely surprised (whut).  So I think the writers are writing Abigail as one kind of character, but KM is also playing it another way. To be fair, maybe that's how things are done on this show now in order to hedge everyone's bets and keep things open-ended.

Edited by bantering

I'm sure this affair story was just a failed attempt at making Abby relevant. Hopefully once EJ is gone she will go back to her corner until KM's contract is up and hopefully she won't renew.

Can you imagine Abby to Chad: 'Pay attention to me!  I slept with EJ and he said it was lovely.

I still chuckle when I think about EJ describing the sex as "lovely." Who says that.

• Love 2
(edited)

I think her plan might be directed at EJ, but Abigail might be collateral damage.

When it becomes apparent that EJ is a target also, I'll totally be on board. I still have this nagging fear that Sami will let him off the hook, though. 

OK, so if Kate and Sami are in this together, what was the purpose of the "fight" in front of Jordan? I get that they'd want to be seen as not getting along to keep up a cover, but who is Jordan going to tell? She's friendly with Abby, but in what context would Sami and Kate arguing come up in their conversations? Is it for Rafe's benefit? If Rafe knew that they were teaming up against EJ, he'd not only keep quiet about it, he'd pitch in and help! No need to keep it a secret from him.

Sami's not hiding her contempt for Jordan, and Kate...well, she's Kate, but why involve her (Jordan)? 

Edited by shesajar
(edited)

I think Sami is simply keeping her cards close to her vest -- very un-Sami-like.

How EJ isn't noticing that Sami is acting, well, weird, is a bit baffling to me though. The way she was skipping around the garden and made EJ touch Abigail's hand should have clued in him. I guess he's in denial? When has Sami ever acted like a girl with Barbies? She was treating EJ as if he were Ken and Abigail was Skipper.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 1
Sami's not hiding her contempt for Jordan, and Kate...well, she's Kate, but why involve her?

I think it's likely Kate is the one who informed Sami about EJ and Abby. It's got to be Kate, or Stefano, or like someone said earlier, Nick left some sort of, "In case of my death," instructions. If Kate is the one who told Sami, though, it would be natural for them to scheme together to bring down the DiMera men.

(edited)

Kate probably found out when EJ stupidly went to her office demanding she know why she allegedly did what she did, and then stuck the empty envelope on her desk. Duh, EJ, you didn't think that would pique Kate's curiosity?

Maybe during "pillow-talk" Stephano told Kate what EJ did!

EJ has been acting so dumb I wouldn't be surprised if the whole town knows by now, and Abigail and EJ are too clueless to realize that everybody else knows! IEven Johhny managed to find the picture of Percy on EJ's desk. Hmm, I wonder what else Johnny found. I hope EJ is prepared to buy the entire line of new earrings at Tiffanys for Ciara. Even Johnny managed to

Edited by bantering

I think it's likely Kate is the one who informed Sami about EJ and Abby. It's got to be Kate, or Stefano, or like someone said earlier, Nick left some sort of, "In case of my death," instructions. If Kate is the one who told Sami, though, it would be natural for them to scheme together to bring down the DiMera men.

This would make as much sense as Caroline changing Parker's paternity results.  Kate hates Sami, why would she care that Abby cheated with EJ?  Why would she bother to involve herself?  God, if they're going to make Sami give a shit about a non-issue like Abby at least let Kate have enough perspective to realize that Abby is not someone to bother yourself over.

• Love 1
(edited)
Does Rafe even realize he cheated on Jordan? I don't even think they were on one of those Ross and Rachel breaks?

I get the feeling Rafe thinks they broke up or went on break but forget to give Jordan the memo.

In my case, I don't get too fussed by seeing cutesy pics of exes on Facebook, but as you pointed out, Abby still gets hella annoyed when EJami kiss/make out.

Here’s what’s really silly about Abby and the whole thing---Abigail is like 21 years old and Sami and EJ are in their mid-late thirties. How many 21 year olds do you know that spend so much time with thirty year olds aside from people they are related to or because they work with?   Abby could have easily have told Sami she didn’t have time for both the art history lesson and wedding planning. Any former “mistress” with half a brain would have gotten out of being in either of those two situations. Of course, I can see why Sami might have a hard time believing that—Abby has few friends and doesn’t seem to do the things that the average girl just out of college does (hang out with friends, go to parties, go to work! etc). Heck at this point she has the prospect of a new relationship with Ben.  I would find a scene where Abby was looking at Sami and EJ’s wedding announcement on line or a photo on Facebook believable, but her constantly being in contact with them is just grating.

Edited by Peanut6711
  • Love 1

think it's likely Kate is the one who informed Sami about EJ and Abby.

Oh, I think so too. I don't understand why they were involving (via arguing in front of her) Jordan. (I think my wording was unclear as to who I meant by "her")

I do think it's weird that Kate and Sami have become allies (we're not even speculating at this point, right? We pretty much know that's what's happening?), but it's less weird to me than her falling in love with her rapist, so I'll buy what they're selling on this one.

• Love 1
(edited)

I believe Sami’s main target is EJ, but she might want to get a little of her own back at the boring twit to.  Sami genuinely liked Abby.  Abby was babysitting Sami’s children before Sami ever got together with EJ.  When Chad was shot Sami checked on Abby to see how she was doing, and called Jennifer to come be with Abby.  Abby is constantly bad mouthing Sami, and she acts like Sami cheated with Abby’s fiancée instead of the other way around.  Of all the people in Salem who have a right to be angry with Sami, Abby isn’t one of them.

I think there is also more than just revenge going on with Sami when it comes to EJ.  Possibly Nick had an “in case of my death plan” and both Sami and Kate got pics (EJ’s cheating, tossing Nick in the river).  Sort of an “if I die, I’ll set it up so you people try to destroy each other AGAIN” scenario.  Sami wanted to ditch EJ immediately, but Kate pointed out to Sami that Sami lives with EJ, and works for him.  Kate has a plan where if they team up, Kate gets DE, and Sami gets CW.

Also, Sami is probably just plain tired of being made a fool of by EJ.  EJ made Sami feel like she was in the wrong for being upset and angry that Kristen drugged and raped Eric, and not only is EJ still lying about it, he cheated on Sami after telling her he wanted to work things out, and stay engaged.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 2
(edited)

I don't really think Kate hates Sami as much as she used to. They seem to have some kind of weird affection for each other.

I also think Kate would use what she needs to get hold of Stephano's company. That would give some motivation to work with Sami over the Abigail issue. Kate most likely will benefit from the antagonism between EJ and Sami.

Kate  has been plotting against Jordan (Jordan, people!) so I don't know if she'd really have the perspective to tell Sami not to focus on Abigail. Kate was hiding under Rafe's bed because of Jordan. Kate clearly does weird things when she's bored.

Anyway, when Marlena said she feared Sami was turning into Kate, perhaps that was some kind of foreshadowing.

\

Edited to add:

Maybe Sami has been taking things out on Jordan because she's sublimating her anger. It must be tough for her to keep her mouth shut over this. So she has to displace the anger somewhere else -- hence, the fight with Nicole. And acting like a weirdo with Jordan.

Edited by bantering
I still chuckle when I think about EJ describing the sex as "lovely." Who says that.

Someone that doesn't think it was "hot" or "mind-blowing!" I would think being told it was "lovely" would be like the kiss of death. But since Abby is kinda prissy maybe EJ though that was what she wanted to hear.

(edited)

EJ sounded kind of fake-y, like he was playing her, when he described the sex as lovely. Although maybe that's because that's not an expression I'm used to hearing on tv in relation to sex, not even among British people.

I think he said it because she had been whining about EJ and Chad comparing notes, and calling the sex "lovely" was probably the only way to keep her from running her mouth to someone about her anxiety over the Dimera brothers talking about her sex performance.

Edited by bantering

Kate  has been plotting against Jordan (Jordan, people!)

This is yet another problem that Days has.  It keeps putting lightweights up against the heavy hitters.  I will never believe Kate, Sami, EJ, etc., couldn't have handled the Nick problem easily.  It's one of the reasons I like Kate/Sami scenes whether they are trying to kill each other, or scheming together, I find it entertaining and believable and AS/LK click.

I wonder if this fight between Nicole and Marlena would be more interesting if Marlena could actually move her face. Is that what the problem is? Why can't she move her face? If Nicole Kidman can, why can't Marlena???

• Love 1
I wonder if this fight between Nicole and Marlena would be more interesting if Marlena could actually move her face.

Their fight would be more interesting if they threw food! ;-)

So far today's episode rocks...Victor and Sami are so on their game and the food and drink fight with Abigail as a causality was hilarious.

• Love 2

I wonder if this fight between Nicole and Marlena would be more interesting if Marlena could actually move her face. Is that what the problem is? Why can't she move her face? If Nicole Kidman can, why can't Marlena???

If DH actually puts some damn effort into her acting and stop standing there like she's reading off cue cards or sounding like she's rehearsing her lines she might be better off. Right now she's looking like she could care less about her scenes and is just there to collect a paycheck and nothing more.

(edited)

Kate must feel as offended by Abigail's presence as I am, because she was willing to ruin her dress for Sami!

Why didn't Abigail just move out of the way? No, she just had to be a good samaritan and try and break  up the food fight. Like, why? Just move out of the way and sit back and eat popcorn like the rest of us! This girl is weird. I doubt even Paige would have tried to get in the middle of that.

EJ veered between seeming worried and looking amused. This master revenge plan might make him want Sami even more!

AS must be enjoying this storyline because I thought she was really good today with the facial expressions!

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2