Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I'm writing this as I'm sitting in the corner at my table for one (facing the wall) BUT I'm all for Chad being the father of Abigail's baby, and the sooner everyone knows the sooner the two of them can get together. Abby can drop Ben (who can either join daddy in dealing drugs or slink out of town), the town can sneer/scorn at the idea of the pairing and the Horton-Dimera baby and the world can go to war around them. Abby will have to contend with everyone telling her how horrible Chad is because he's a Dimera (even though she's seen otherwise) and Chad will have to contend with everyone reminding him of what Dimera he is in Abby's line of conquests.

And Stephano will retire to Ireland and distill Jamison while enduring the evil eye of Caroline Brady for sullying the Irish countryside.

My that wallpaper pattern is interesting.

• Love 3

Holy cow but could Abs be anymore over-dramatic? If the baby's Chad's then she's going to have to leave town and go live in Europe?  WTF?  Again, I need to repeat that the only people who are directly affected by this pregnancy is Abby, and whomever is the dad--no one else.  I can not stand that Abby thinks the entire town and especially every member of her family are enthralled by the happenings of her life--how entitled and self-absorbed can one character get?

And did anyone else catch that one wonderfully comedic moment during the Will/Abby conversation?  Will asks if Chad was upset by anything Abby said and then quickly added if she was upset by him and she gave Will such a dirty look, like :What do you mean??  I"M THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN BE UPSET!!!!"  I just about died :):)

The Sonny and Will conversation was kind of good especially Will's admitting that he did some unforgiveable things--it felt like he actually understood how deeply he hurt Sonny.  Progress my friends :):)

• Love 6

7/21/2015 Recap :)

Eric/Marlena/Serena

We start with Eric as he's at his apartment packing up his African artifacts when there's a knock and it's Marlena and she sees him packing and Mar asks what's going on and Eric says he's starting over. Mar knows he's having pain and Eric says he'll survive. Marlena says memories of Serena will fade and there will be someone else for him which Eric flashes back to him and Nicole kissing and Eric tells Marlena that it won't happen. Marlena says it may be too soon and asks Eric if he wants to talk about it which Eric flashes back to Nicole saying she's moving in with Dan. Eric says he can't talk to Marlena about it. Marlena says it's hard to see Eric hurting and how Serena and Nicole betrayed him and how Eric could have trust issues, and Eric says Marlena doesn't understand as that's not what's happening.

Marlena says she just loves Eric so much and wants to see him happy. Knock on Eric's door Marlena answers it and it's Serena. Marlena asks what Serena is doing there and Eric says he can handle Serena and Marlena leaves. Serena enters the apartment and thanks Eric for agreeing to see her and Eric asks what does Serena want. Serena came cause she knows Eric is contributing his artifacts to charity and Serena says she's donating the photo as well and Eric asks is she done. Serena has another thing which is the artifact Eric gave her in replacement of the elephant and says she doesn't deserve it and how it's rare and valuable. Eric says all she cares about is how much it's worth and goes back to packing. Eric says he's getting rid of everything that reminds him of Africa and Serena.

Serena says it hurts that he's getting rid of beautiful things and Eric tells her to leave as he doesn't want to hear Serena bash Nicole and before she leaves, Eric says whatever Nicole said to Serena it goes double for him. Serena asks Eric what did happen in the room that Xander locked them up in.

Serena

Serena is at her hotel room looking out of a window and flashes back to Eric and Nicole's conversation

Nicole/Dan

Nicole enters Dan's apartment and says "Honey, I'm home", something she always wanted to say. Dan isn't there and says he must be delayed at the hospital and looks at the drawer that Dan asked her not to touch. Curiosity gets her and she opens it and Dan is home as he comes out of his room in a suit. Nicole pulls out a picture which Parker drew of them all and Dan says he's getting ready for their lunch date and Nicole says she loves surprises. Nicole talks about having doubts about moving in but now she has no doubts and Dan says he meant every word and they kiss. Nicole knows why Dan didn't want her to go in the drawer and Nicole sees that the photo isn't what Dan was hiding and asks what is he hiding which he doesn't answer.

Dan says they have a lunch date which is a reservation. Nicole wants to know why he won't tell him and Dan says she will later. Nicole would like to know now but Dan won't give in and they leave. They're at a new restaurant and Dan wanted them to be surrounded around things that Nicole likes and Nicole says she's sitting next to someone she loves. Dan pushes the bread basket towards Nicole and asks her to look in and Nicole thinks there's a surprise in there. She starts to pull back the cloth and it's bread and Dan says that Nicole says it's the best bread in the city. Nicole takes a bite and briefly looks through the basket but stops. Dan says he can't do this as he wanted them to be there for a specific reason and how things can't go on like the way it is and it's time to cut to the chase.

Nicole says maybe they should have a glass of wine first and they'll relax and not be so tense and Dan pulls out the engagement box and asks Nicole to marry him. (Last scene of the day)

Sonny/Will

In the TBD office and Sonny says he's processing the divorce and feels sad for them and thought they loved each other. Will says just because the marriage didn't work doesn't mean that there isn't love and respect there and that it could happen to them. Sonny says where is that coming from and Will says they're working on getting things back to where they were and to be realistic but Will doesn't think that they'll be getting divorced. Will admits to seeing his therapist and been doing some horrible things and has more work to do. Will says Paul was right and Sonny thought that he would never hear Will say that. Will talks about Paul and his coming out story and Paul being smart about taking things slow professionally and personally. Sonny asks if Will wishes he could take things slow and not get married.

Will says the day they got married was the happiest day of his life, no regrets and Sonny thinks that maybe they pushed things. Will says he may have jumped in too soon but loves Sonny and loves him now considering Sami/Lucas, Adrienne, and Justin's marriages. Sonny says they'll have to take it one day at a time together.

Sonny still in the office when Chad arrives as Sonny finishes the books. Sonny asks what's up as Chad didn't come to talk about books and Sonny says it's Abby. Chad talks about Abby in the park and Sonny wants to know what is going on. Chad says nothing happened which Sonny doesn't buy. Sonny talks about Abby being mean to Chad after hearing about Abby moving in with Ben and he's not going to let it go. Chad says he treated Abby like dirt and getting exactly what he deserves. Sonny knows Chad cares about Abby but why he  treated Abby like dirt and Chad says because he's a DiMera and treated her that way because he could and maybe he had to but it doesn't make a difference and he leaves.

Clyde/Ben

Clyde still at the park reading about the prenatal vitamins and figures Abby is pregnant and what the hell is she trying to pull when Ben approaches and asks what's wrong. Clyde says nothing is wrong with him but Ben looks upset and Ben says nothing wrong with him as he got done playing basketball. Clyde hoped Ben knocked Chad on his ass which Ben says he did and Clyde asks if Abby was there to witness it. Ben talks about besting Chad during the basketball game. Clyde asks if everything is alright between him and Abby which Ben says it is. Clyde says Chad has a way with women and Ben says it's over between them and won't have to worry about Chad again and Ben walks off. Clyde says Ben has no idea that Abby is pregnant.

Clyde figures out after a flashback that Abby doesn't know who the father of the baby is. Clyde researches paternity test and how it can't be done until 8 weeks and says it's coming up real soon. Clyde flashes back to listening about Abby inheriting land and Clyde says that Ben can't let that money slip through his fingers even if Abby is a DiMera whore.

Rafe/Hope/Aiden

Hope asks about Ben and Rafe talks briefly about their past and wonders why Hope is asking and Hope says just because when Aiden approaches. Aiden asks if Hope got in touch with Abby. Hope says she got in touch with Abby and they briefly talk about Abby and Rafe interrupts to talk about Ciara, Chase, and baseball. The conversation switches over to Ciara and Hope and Aiden talk about it while Rafe just looks on. Hope and Aiden kiss as Aiden has to go and Aiden thanks Rafe for picking up Chase and leaves. Hope thanks Rafe for steering the conversation. Rafe asks why Hope needed to see Abby. Hope flashes back to convo with Abby.

Hope says it's family stuff and Rafe knows she's hiding something and Hope says that Rafe thinks he knows her more than Aiden. Rafe says he didn't mean it that way and he knows Hope is worried about Abby. Hope says she is and it's private and Rafe apologizes for saying that about Aiden.

Chad/Ari/Abby/Will

Abby is looking at Chad with Ari. Chad talks about his little girl being a sweetheart and how she would be in the first grade and he would have been a great dad with Abby about to cry and she tries to leave but Chad sees her and calls her name. Abby thought Ben would be there and Chad says everyone had to bail and how Will will be back. Chad asks if everything is ok and Abby says she's fine and tells him to back off. Abby apologizes for snapping and Abby holds Ari and Chad says, "woman with child" which Abby freezes which Chad is talking about an art piece. Abby says she heard Chad talking to Ari about Grace and they talk about Grace briefly and Chad knows something is bothering Abby and wants her to tell him.

Abby tells Chad to let it go and Chad made it clear how he feels about her and can't take it back. Chad says there's no way Abby knows the truth which Abby asks what is going on. Abby wants to know what truth when Will shows up and picks up Ari. Will thanks Chad for watching her. Chad talks about Abby looking after Ari and Chad has to go and leaves. Will says Abby needs to come with him back to his place as they have to talk.

Abby and Will are at the apartment as he put Ari to sleep and Will asks what was going on with Chad and did Abby say something to upset him. Abby talks about Chad talking about truth but thinks Chad is playing games and Will asks if she told Chad she was pregnant which Abby says no. Abby says if Chad is the father she's going to live in Europe as keeping it a secret is much harder than she thought. Will asks if anyone else knows and Abby says Hope knows and that Hope doesn't know about being two different fathers. Will says that Hope won't keep her mouth shut if Abby runs off to Europe which Abby says that if Chad is the father she can't stay in Salem and Will has to help her.

Will says that the Hortons are just as big as the DiMeras and can protect her. Abby says it's not about family but it's about Ben and how Ben could never forgive her. Abby says she's incapable of loving someone and being in a committed relationship. Will says it was a mistake and it could be a happy ending and that Ben could be the father which Abby wants as it would be perfect. Will asks really and Abby says if Ben is the father then everything is fine. Will has to ask if she runs away is it because of Chad or because of how she feels. Will says being pregnant isn't all about Abby it's also about Chad and being rotten for keeping him away from his child especially what happened with Grace. Will asks if Abby is in love with Chad which Abby denies because of the way Chad treated her and she says she can't talk about it and leaves. 

THIS IS ONE OF THE WORST EPISODES IN DAYS HISTORY!!! All everyone was talking about was Jar Jar with the exception of Eric/Serena, Dark Roast/Nicole and I'm surprised that they didn't bring up Jar Jar in their conversation. I tell you guys I nearly stopped recapping because it was Jar Jar overload today. I wish it was raining and lightning today so my satellite would have lost it's signal.

I guess it's hard for Jar Jar to sneak away quietly since she has Godzilla feet. Knowing her she made that noise on purpose so Chad can focus all attention off Ari and put it all on her. Let me say this, please let Chad be the father so Jar Jar can shoot off to Europe so we don't have to see that face or whatever that growth out of her neck is suppose to be ever again. Better yet, lets put her on a spacecraft so we can ship her back to her species.

Well if that's the best Dark Roast can do as far as "cleaning himself" goes, I guess soap, water, shampoo, and razors hate him just as much as we do.

Eeyore just needs to be a priest again. He was much better and not so damn judgmental. 

What a horrible ass episode.

• Love 7

Abigail should just leave for Ireland for the two weeks and say that she is checking in on her old babysitter. Then she doesn't have to act awkward around everyone and she won't be hiding in the bushes watching Chad interact with people. Her spying annoys me. I know that other characters peep through bushes, but she is pathetic. Just in the past month she's spied on him with Theo (though in an office), Zoe, and now Ariana. 

I really hate that Abigail plans on keeping the baby from Chad if he's the father. She's doing that because he hurt her feelings. She wanted to be the one who would keep Chad at arm's length and end their affair.

She continues to be over-the-top selfish. Her decision to hide Chad's potential paternity comes after her seeing how good he is with Theo, Johnny, and Ariana as well as Chad mourning the fact that he never got to spend time with Grace. They should have left that Chad scene out if they wanted to make Abigail seem sympathetic because it just proves she cares more about how people perceive her than how her actions affect others. The Dimeras are a shell of what they used to be and Chad is Dimera lite lite.

Echoing everyone ready for the new writers. I've stopped watching Serena, Daniel, and Nicole. I only watch Eric when he's out of their sphere. I wouldn't mind if they dropped the storyline with Serena and Xander going into a stairwell and not returning. No explanation necessary, just go.

• Love 7

Echoing everyone ready for the new writers. I've stopped watching Serena, Daniel, and Nicole. I only watch Eric when he's out of their sphere. I wouldn't mind if they dropped the storyline with Serena and Xander going into a stairwell and not returning. No explanation necessary, just go.

I know.  Why can't they just edit out the Serena and Xander scenes.  Your stairwell exit idea would work for me. LOL.

And shouldn't viewers be pleased, rather than disgusted, during a proposal?  Whenever I see Daniel with Nicole, I remember how many times he yelled at her, or ignored her, or rudely slammed the door in her face, and I can't imagine why she thinks she loves him. I really, really hope the new writers end that relationship quickly, and then send Daniel away to soothe his broken heart. 

• Love 4

The cherry on top of a rotten sundae was Sneasel telling Jar Jar that having sex with Chad was a mistake. Really??? Is part of being a Horton is being blind to repeated pattern behavior. Why don't anyone call her out on her slutty ass behavior? That's why she spreads her legs everywhere because everyone in Salem turns a blind eye to it. 

• Love 1

Jeez, Daniel acting like a 15-year-old on his first date.  How many times has he been engaged, now?

Must be a great place, if you have to make reservations for lunch.

That elephant is valuable and Eric's favorite piece?  And here I thought Nicole was Eric's favorite piece.

• Love 1

I really hate that Abigail plans on keeping the baby from Chad if he's the father. She's doing that because he hurt her feelings. She wanted to be the one who would keep Chad at arm's length and end their affair.

She continues to be over-the-top selfish. Her decision to hide Chad's potential paternity comes after her seeing how good he is with Theo, Johnny, and Ariana as well as Chad mourning the fact that he never got to spend time with Grace. They should have left that Chad scene out if they wanted to make Abigail seem sympathetic because it just proves she cares more about how people perceive her than how her actions affect others. The Dimeras are a shell of what they used to be and Chad is Dimera lite lite.

I hope the brat is Chad's and Abifail has to go through all the shit Sami had to go through by giving birth to a Dimeria kid. Having to deal with Stefano is exactly what she deserves.

• Love 3
(edited)

Trying to get into watching Days after years away (tuning in to see the return of old favorites and figured I'd catch up plot wise). Here are my observations after three days of viewing:

1) When I last watched the only black characters were Lexie, Abe and Theo. Since Lexie's death, Abe and Theo are left, making Salem the lily whitest of towns.

2) Arianna aka Nicole still looks great and she was rocking that white and black dress she had on today.

3) Hope no longer looks like an anorexic, walking, talking skull, which is good, cause when I used to watch, I scared for her.

4) What the hell happened to the characters of Abigail and Will. Abigail used to be a likable, non THOT) and Will used to be a character you could root for (from my brief reading of the posts, he appears to be the male THOT to match Abbigail, which is funny to me because I remember him being upset with Sammi for her behaviors with the men in her life). These incarnations suck. Days never won awards for its acting, but they at least had the good sense to cast actors whose pretty distracted from their lack of talent, now the actors suck and there is no pretty to distract.

5) The Clyde, Chad (who appears to be an insult to the awesome that used to be the Dimera name) and Serena characters give me the creeps. In the case of Serena, that could be because I never liked that actress on OLTL.

6) I will never like Daniel because they paired him with Jennifer and once again dogged out and got rid of Jack , marvelously played by Matthew Ashford.

Three questions if someone would be so kind:

1) Are John and Marlena still together?

2) Is Roman still played by the creepy faced Josh Taylor who used to play Chris Kosichek?

3) Whose daughter is that adorable little Ari? Loved her interactions with the Chad character.

Edited by Happytobehere
  • Love 3

If this is what a retooled episode with the supposed bad parts cut out looks like, I would have hate to have seen what it looked like before.  Days is giving new meaning to the words boring, senseless, and repetitive.

• Love 4

Happytobehere, John and Marlena aren't together at the moment but seem to be making their way back to each other.  And yes, Roman is still played by creepy-faced and difficult to understand Josh Taylor. 

This whole episode was either about drama queen Abigail or drama queen Dr. Tan.  I need for both of these characters to board a rocketship to the sun. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Missed several episodes. Have they revealed who the father of Abigail's baby is, and have there been any episodes where Abigail hasn't been an a big 'ol dumb-dumb?

Edited by bantering
(edited)

Why, whatever do you all mean that today's episode was all about Abigail.  I'm pretty sure she wasn't in any of the commercials.  Unless that was her in the Charmin' one.....

Good LORD, Abigail, the Virgin Mary made less fuss about the Annunciation than she is worrying about who's the daddy.  

I do hope she goes to EWWWW ROPE.  Maybe in EWWW ROPE she can meet up with Melanie and they can burrow deep into the countryside and embrace their inner gnome. 

Dan cleaned up is just as scary as his Pigpen look.  His resemblance to Cam Mathison, the Ryass Lamery of Pine Valley is downright frightening.  

Edited by boes
  • Love 3
This whole episode was either about drama queen Abigail or drama queen Dr. Tan.  I need for both of these characters to board a rocketship to the sun.

This is why I really need for Dannifer to get back together and for Dark Roast and Abifail to have an affair behind Polly Pureheart's back.  Who would the good people of Salem support?  Who would they blame?  What kind of crazy excuses would they come up with to absolve one and/or both of them of guilt? Surely someone would have to account for hurting Polly Pureheart.  

• Love 5

1) When I last watched the only black characters were Lexie, Abe and Theo. Since Lexie's death, Abe and Theo are left, making Salem the lily whitest of towns.

3) Whose daughter is that adorable little Ari? Loved her interactions with the Chad character.

Zoe, Will's boss at the magazine he works for (which is owned by the DiMeras) is a WOC, she has dated Chad in the past, though she's not a contract player.

Ari is Will's daughter by Gabi, Rafe's sister.  They had sex once when he was trying to be straight. Gabi is currently in jail for murdering her ex husband, Nick.

• Love 1

Abifail left her house being late to work but stopped in to moon over chad and from there she went home with Will. My behind would be fired so fast.

Nobody was shown at work today, not just her. Dan and Nicole were dining. Rafe, Ben, Will, Sonny and Chad were having a basketball game in the middle of the day while Lucas babysat.

Seriously, does no one show up when they're supposed to? And no ramifications? Awhile back Anne had to call Theresa TWO DAYS IN A ROW and tell her to get her butt in to work and then Theresa was all bitchy when she finally showed up. I would definitely not still have a job.

Lucas did have to dump Ari so he could run to a meeting.

What the hell gives Will the idea that the Hortons can protect anybody from the DiMeras?  Where is the record of that having ever succeeded?

Maybe he thinks that if by some chance they could confine Stephono in a room with, say, Julie or Jenn, he'd be driven utterly mad by the end of the day.  

I know I would be.

• Love 5

Please show don't ever recast Ari - those girls are just adorable & it was so cute watching her talk with Chad

I really think I'd like Abifail a lot more if a different actress was playing her- if they'd just recast with someone who can actually act & has chemistry with the guy who plays Chad - then I could get behind a Chad/Abby pairing - until then - I want Chad far away from her.

Please tell me Serena will be gone soon?    She's a waste of space.

Didn't even bother watching Nicole & Dr. Tan - I adore Nicole but absolutely loathe Dr. Tan & don't care if they get engaged.

Ben's an idiot

How much longer before Steve comes back???  

• Love 3

I think they expect us to feel sympathy for Abigail and maybe Ben, but literally the only person I feel for in this WTD storyline is Chad.

Also, Will has been a good friend to Abigail in this storyline so far. I am trying to set aside how annoyed I am by the actor because Will the character is improving IMO.

I am saddened that they are letting go of Hope and Aiden as a couple. I have really enjoyed them together and Aiden's actor is really great.

• Love 4

This is why I really need for Dannifer to get back together and for Dark Roast and Abifail to have an affair behind Polly Pureheart's back.  Who would the good people of Salem support?  Who would they blame?  What kind of crazy excuses would they come up with to absolve one and/or both of them of guilt? Surely someone would have to account for hurting Polly Pureheart.  

Can Eve be sitting off to the side with her gigantic wine glass snickering at the whole sordid situation?

• Love 4
(edited)

I hope the show is not going to put Will with Paul. How insulting to Sonny? Please don't go there..It is like putting Abe with Maxine, just because they are Black.I hope it is a Tomsell story that Higley and company scrap. I have no desire to watch Horita..Will needs to be fixed, being a single dad and finding his way in life without codependency would be a good way to redeem him...Had Freddie remained on the show, they would have gone with Paulson....They were dropping anvils today about Horita....Please No..Don't go there Higley....

Why must Paul always be praised to the Heavens! Enough..He is the Gay Daniel.. He has to be the center of the universe at all times....They did the same thing with Serena and we know what has happened to her..She is now persona non grata in Salem..We get it Ken, Paul is the best thing since sliced bread...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3
(edited)

Paul is no prize either, stalking a married man, begging him to leave his family for him...He is just like Daniel..they had to destroy Will to make him perfect for Sonny..Just like it was done with Jack and Jennifer. I still hate Jennifer over her treatment of Jack...I hate Dannifer even more...I would rather Jack stay dead than reunite what that bitch Jacosta....

Aiden is  going to be bad..The anvils were dropping today..Poor Hope she can never get a love interest that is not Bo..Whereas Bo has had good relationships with both Carly and Billie..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

If you have to prop a character by everybody and destroy other established characters to make that character happen, then something is wrong with that character..There was nothing wrong with Jack and he was thrown under the bus for Daniel Jonas...Jennifer will never be redeemed in my eyes..Never!

• Love 5

If Kayla wanted to apologize for not trusting Aiden why did she wait until now to do it? Those entire scenes felt like filler. 

So Marlena thinks Sparkle is a lot like Jawn. Hmm. I'm not sure which one of them should feel more insulted by that comparison. 

JJ is going to work for the DEA, but not before he tells his mommy. LMAO. This whole thing is some kind of unfunny joke. 

Who does Serena think she's is demanding Eric tell her anything after everything she's done. She needs to gather her belongings and her Dollar Tree plastic elephant and get the hell out of Salem. 

• Love 4
(edited)

I think that they are setting it up to reveal that Aiden did kill his wife and that Kayla was right to distrust him...Those felt like scenes that were edited into the episode. My sympathies to the Haiden fans on the board....I feel for you guys....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

7/22/2015 Recap :)

Nicole/Dan

Unfortunately, we start off with Dan asking Nicole to marry him. Nicole asks if this is really happening and Dan asks if that's a yes. Nicole says yes and Dan is grateful he found Nicole and everything they been through to get to this moment and is so grateful and they kiss. Dan puts the ring on her finger and says that things can't come between them and Nicole flashes back to kissing Eric. Dan asks if Nicole is okay and Nicole asks if Parker knows about it and Dan says he'll explain the proposal to Parker. Nicole thinks that maybe she should take off the ring until people know but Dan wants her to keep the ring on her finger and thinks Nicole doesn't like the idea and asks if there's a reason to keep the engagement a secret.

Nicole just wants to make sure as Dan has always believed in her as she screws up all the time. Nicole says it's Dan's out as she loves him and wants what's best for him and thinks him asking affected his judgment as he thought she was gonna die. Nicole wants Dan to think right now that he's sure he wants to spend the rest of his life with her. Dan pretty much sees how far they come with the honesty and love they have for each other and it's everything to him and says yes he's sure that he wants to marry Nicole as he's very, very sure and they kiss and happy about getting married. Dan says they should set a date which Nicole says her calendar is wide open and Dan says he'll tell Parker and everyone else. Nicole gets up and has to go which Dan says they haven't even eaten yet and Nicole says some reason (that I didn't catch) and she leaves.

Hope/Aiden/Kayla

Hope is in the Square leaving a message for Abby and realizes it's difficult and scary that she's pregnant and how Abby can talk to her and wants Abby to call her to make sure she's ok. Aiden is behind her with flowers. They walk through the Square and run into Kayla who wants to invite them to dinner which they accept which Kayla likes. Kayla says she's a little embarrassed because the two of them are together and she wasn't rooting for Hope and Aiden as she rushed to judgment and happy that she's wrong about Aiden. Kayla is glad that she was wrong and agree to have dinner on Sunday which Hope will bring dessert and wine. Aiden has to go to court and leaves.

Hope asks Kayla what's going on with her life. Kayla talks about an event for the Salem Bicentennial that she's part of the committee with a date of November 9, 2015 stamped on it and Hope says it should be a good event. (Last scene of the day)

Marlena/John/Doug/Julie

At the Pub talking and Julie says there were rumors floating about Marlena and John and Doug asks if John and Marlena are back together. Marlena is about to answer until Julie interrupts saying she knows they're being nosy but they care about them and asks the question that Doug asked. Marlena asks John on their status which John says they're finding their way back to each other which Julie is glad. Julie talks about her cruise with Doug and having a conversation about how blessed they are on sharing their lives together and how doing things together makes everything sweeter and Doug says Marlena and John are at the top of their list on being together which Marlena is thankful. Julie wants to take a photo of John and Marlena and Doug tells John to put his around Marlena and Julie wants them to kiss which they do (which looks horrible). 

John has to go and kisses Marlena goodbye and leaves. Marlena says she has 20 minutes and she has to go to a patient which Julie says they have 15 minutes since Marlena's office is 5 minutes away. Doug says they've been thinking and Julie says she's concerned about the changes in John's life with the new job, grandson, and Paul and more concerned with Marlena because it's consuming for John and it takes all of John's time. Marlena says she's fine as she's busy and Julie says John needs to put his focus on Marlena which Marlena says it's all good. Doug asks Marlena how she's handling all the changes in John's life and how it's affecting her. Marlena thanks them and says John is happy with her being involved with Paul and Tate and how John wants to be involved in Paul and Tate's life which Julie is happy to hear. Doug is sad that John and Paul lost so much time with Julie wants to know about Paul which Marlena talks him up. Doug thinks it's a shame that Paul threw out his arm at a tender age which Marlena calls a catalyst because he came to Salem and found out that he has a father.

Paul/Brady/Maggie/Tate

Brady brings Paul into the living room as Paul came to see Tate who Maggie is holding. Paul holds Tate. Maggie calls Paul a natural and Paul says it means so much to him. Brady says he always thought about having kids and when you do it changes everything for the better. Paul is talking to Tate when John enters and they chat about both John and Brady finding out they have sons and John says he hopes Paul can experience the same thing. Paul says he would love to have kids when he finds the right person to marry and start a family with. John asks what else is going on with him and Paul says he's lined up some work with Kate which he calls challenging and John asks what else and Paul says he's getting in shape and how he played basketball with Sonny & Will.

Paul thinks that he can be friends with Sonny & Will. John says that Paul will find someone like Sonny and Paul hopes so but there's no rush. John gives Paul advice on something he learned about finding that person and going through life or whatever (he speaks so low and monotone I couldn't pick it up and my tv volume was on 9 and my tv volume is normally on 5).

JJ/Roman/DEA Watts

JJ enters Roman's office where Roman and the DEA are and JJ says he's accepting going undercover and starting already as he has a meeting with Kyle. Roman doesn't like that JJ did that as he should have talked to them first. Roman tells JJ to no longer go rogue and Watts says that nobody on SPD knows about it so have to keep it quiet. Roman has a question for JJ which is why is he interested in going undercover now when he was so against it beforehand. JJ says he wants to do his part which Watts tell him to get Kyle to trust him, be patient, and be quiet to everyone. JJ says that Jen has to know what he's doing as he put her through everything and if Jen can't know he's not doing it.

Watts says that he can tell Jen and Jen has to be sworn to secrecy and Watts will train JJ and Watts leaves. Roman says that JJ can back out which JJ flashes back to Kyle and Paige talking at the park and JJ says there's no way he's backing out as he's going to nail Kyle. Roman tells him to be careful and JJ leaves.

Kyle/Clyde/JJ/Paige

Kyle is in the park and on the phone with Clyde who's sitting on another side of the park talking about his upcoming meeting with JJ. Clyde tells him not to get cocky and hangs up and destroys the phone. Kyle puts his phone in his backpack where a gun is. JJ enters and wants to get to it which Kyle says there's no rush and tells JJ to turn around and frisks him. Kyle doesn't find anything and JJ likes that he's thorough which Kyle looks at him and JJ says is that a problem and Kyle says they have a lot to talk about and Paige is peeking from behind the bushes.

Kyle asks JJ that he knows what he does and he has to know that he can trust JJ which JJ says that he's here. Kyle says he's not feeling it and that JJ knows why. JJ doesn't know what Kyle is talking about and not playing games and JJ gets up to leave. Kyle says one word, Paige. Kyle brings up about JJ not wanting them to date but now doesn't care and wants JJ to be honest with him all while gripping the handle of the gun.

Serena/Eric/Brady

Eric says he's not playing games with Serena as Serena knows what exactly happened. Eric says he's not going to forgive Serena for what she did to him and Nicole. Serena apologizes but can't help but think about what Nicole said the last time they spoke. Eric asks what Nicole said to her and Serena says that there is more to what happened in the room that they're letting on but Serena says it's none of her business which Eric agrees. There's a knock at the door, Serena answers it and it's Brady and he asks Serena what the hell she's doing there. Serena says she was returning something to Eric and just leaving and Serena says she has to go to the hospital which Eric asks that she still works there and Serena says the police told her to stay so she picked up another project. Brady says whatever and tells Serena to stay out of Eric's life and shuts the door on her. Outside in the hallway Serena knows that something went on between Eric and Nicole and going to figure out what it is.

Brady talks about Serena being bad news and whatnot when Eric snaps at Brady and tells him to let it go. Eric asks about Theresa and whether or not she moved out the mansion. Brady says that Eric needs to talk to someone which Eric refuses and Brady wants Eric to talk to him about what happened when him and Nicole died as he knows something else is going on and wants Eric to talk. Eric says there's nothing he needs to tell Brady and that he's ok and Brady says he'll leave him alone and leaves. Eric takes out his cell phone but instead grabs his keys and leaves.

Paige/Daphne

At TBD Paige says that she's thinking about seeing Kyle and Daphne says everyone says that Kyle is a drug dealer and what she sees in Kyle which Paige says have Daphne seen Kyle. Daphne says that Paige normally wouldn't go for a guy like Kyle and only interested in him because Paige knows it will upset JJ. Paige says she doesn't think about JJ and wasting energy on getting mad and wants JJ to leave her alone and Daphne tells Paige to say it again and mean it. Paige says Daphne is right and should let go.

Jennifer/Maxine

Jennifer walks up to Maxine and talking about a job that there are no suitable candidates for except Paige and thinks Paige may have turned it down. Jen says Paige turned it down because of her which doesn't surprise Maxine as Paige turned down all the internships being offered to her. Jen says she did a terrible thing which Maxine doesn't believe and Jen says she hurt Paige badly and will do anything to make it right with her.

Paige/Jennifer

Paige is walking through the other side of the park with the arch when she runs into Jen. Jen says she heard Paige turning down internships which Paige doesn't want to talk about but Jen wants to know why and if it has to do with her and Abby and that she's worried about her. Paige calls that a joke as she's not the one Jen needs to be worrying about. Paige says Jen needs to worry about JJ and his new drug dealer friend.

Brady/Dan/Serena

At the hospital now Brady runs into Dan and talks about Serena having another project at the hospital and that he seen her at Eric's apartment. Dan asks what the hell Serena was doing at Eric's which Serena arrives and hears them. Dan's phone rings and he has to take it and Serena walks up to Brady.

Nicole/Eric

Arrives back home and is happy and giddy when there's a knock and it's Eric. Eric said her job told him that Nicole took the day off. Eric says he shouldn't have come but Nicole is glad that he did as she has to tell him something. Nicole tells him to come in and Eric says he'll go first as it's about Serena. Eric says that Serena might know what happened.

Clyde

Clyde is sitting outside of TBD on the phone talking about possibly making another donation at the hospital. Hangs up the phone and talks about who gave Abby the prescription as it's the person who will be doing the paternity test, and he'll find out if he's a grandfather or if Abby is carrying a DiMera bastard.

Today a whole lot of NOTHING went on today.

Why are the men on this show so damn stank?! STFU Blockhead Brady, Eeyore let Serena in, it would be different if Brady heard Eeyore yelling at Serena to leave but he didn't so shut up.  It's so disgusting how they treat women, I mean yes Serena lied and manipulated Eric but they so easily talk to Kritter who raped Eric and don't talk to Kritter with such disdain as they do Serena. Sick and tired of Eeyore's fickle ass, please I'm begging for Sami to return and Eeyore be shipped off to California. I really hope Serena kicks Brady's dick off.

Dark Roast was just looking constipated throughout his scenes. He looked like he needed to take one big dry dump.

The whole Kayla had doubts about Aiden really escapes me because I just remember her having a crush on Aiden when she seen him for the first time. It must have been one day that I wasn't watching. 

Is the Bicentennial the event where Jar Jar & Mr. Rapey gets shot and killed? I can dream right.

• Love 7

I usually enjoy a Doug and Julie sighting only because SSH is so freakin' over the top she is a joy to watch but then I remembered her crying over Nick the homophobic murderer/blackmailer and I just get annoyed by her.  She has all of this worry over John and Marlena's getting back together and all of this wonder about Paul but does she know that Paul's actively going after Sonny, the man married to one of her nephews?  Or doesn't Will count?  She has to realize just how Horton-esque he is :)

Maxine was making me barf with her, "You can't do anything wrong" spiel to Jennifer.  Seriously, why is it so difficult for people to realize that Jenn and her spawn are actually not that nice?

I'm trying to figure out if I was in Daniel's place, would I have a right to be butt hurt over Nicole and Eric's "moment" in the furnace/heating duct/whatever the hell it was.  At that time, Daniel had repeatedly treated Nicole horribly, threw her out of his home, closed doors in her face, yelled at her--she owed him zero loyalty, so whatever she's done with another man before they got back together is actually none of his business.  But that probably won't happen here.

• Love 5
(edited)

Seriously, does no one show up when they're supposed to? And no ramifications? Awhile back Anne had to call Theresa TWO DAYS IN A ROW and tell her to get her butt in to work and then Theresa was all bitchy when she finally showed up. I would definitely not still have a job.

At least Theresa get calls out for not doing her job. When was the last time anyone called abifail out? Not since Sami left.

Edited by bobcat1946
  • Love 7

For once, I think that Brady was right about something. Eric does need counseling. He is wound WAY too tight!

Serena's stalking is really pathetic.

JJ going undercover is a welcome change over his "Stifler's Mom" routine with Eve.

Nicole actually being happy about be engaged to Daniel leads me to believe that she has suffered brain damage while being trapped.

• Love 2
(edited)

I'm sorry, "Horita"? I've seen it a couple of time without recognizing it. I suspect it's a mashup for Horton-Narita. If it is, I have to say I'm not loving it. If it isn't, I imagine Rita's going to be quite upset, whoever she is.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 5
(edited)

That is what  the Paul and Will fans call their coupling..I think it is disgusting and a slap in Sonny's face...If they do get together, I want Sonny to make them both pay for this..I  want Sonny to stop being a martyr and live up to his last name..I am tired of Saintly Sonny, he needs to go dark and make Sparkle and Will pay, pay, pay and pay..It would be a bonus, if he got Will to sign his rights away to Arianna over to him...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

I'm sorry, "Horita"? I've seen it a couple of time without recognizing it. I suspect it's a mashup for Horton-Narita. If it is, I have to say I'm not loving it. If it isn't, I imagine Rita's going to be quite upset, who ever she is.

The "ho" part of the slash name certainly works for Will. #dropsthemic

• Love 4

Right, Hope, it's a real good idea to be talking other people's secrets on the phone in the middle of the Square.

I wonder if Chase will be on the show any more.  He's just gotten a prime time gig.

So Julie thinks John should ignore his new-found son and his new grandson and spend all of his time with Marlena.

"Daniel, you believed in me when no one else would."  Bullshit, Nicole, he was your biggest detractor.  Mark this date down in your journals.  Daniel said he doesn't care what happened before.  And yet, when he finds out that Eric and Nicole kissed, he'll be all judgy.  So, of course, he'll care about what happened before.

When even Brady thinks there's something wrong with you ...

So Salem's been around since 1815?

• Love 3

That is what  the Paul and Will fans call their coupling..I think it is disgusting and a slap in Sonny's face...If they do get together, I want Sonny to make them both pay for this..I  want Sonny to stop being a martyr and live up to his last name..I am tired of Saintly Sonny, he needs to go dark and make Sparkle and Will pay, pay, pay and pay..It would be a bonus, if he got Will to sign his rights away to Arianna over to him...

I don't think they have time for all that.  Aren't Freddie's days on screen numbered at this point? Sadly I think Sonny may just drift away to "think" or something. And, between Sneasel's faux sucking up to Sparkles and Jawn's mention to Sparkles today about sometimes the person you're meant for has been there all along or something like that, I fear we are in for a slathering of Horita.  Blech.

• Love 2

It's a lame duck soap right now. There's a transition in the works and probably this is the part that is being fiddled with the most because it's right before the new stuff hits. It's had to be molded somewhat to meld into the new material but it's like molding clay that's mostly dry.

Basically, there's really nothing going on right now worth investing in.

• Love 6
(edited)

"A slathering of Horita" just might be the most hilariously disgusting thing I've heard today!

I don't really believe in the idea of a character "going dark." Because it's the kind of thing that only happens on soaps, first of all, and it smacks of desperation -- like the writers have run out of ideas for the character. A character's actions define him or her; something is either in character or it's not. Certain characters are sometimes assumed to have access to a "dark side" because of their family name, in spite their actual lived experience or demonstrated nature. I don't think would be any more convincing for Sonny to suddenly start acting "like a Kiriakis" than it has been for Chad to come over all Dimera all of a sudden. It's unconvincing psychologically, and uninspired dramatically.

Isn't this a lame duck soap overall, really? I can't help thinking that the re-introduction of vets and the gearing up for the 50th anniversary shows (or the centennial of the town, if you will) are just a way of wrapping up the show in anticipation of its cancellation in 2016. (This is only speculation on my part, but it feels somehow inevitable.)

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 6
(edited)

They made Will and Theresa the new Sami, despite them not having the same backstory as her. Sonny is still a blank page, the writers can do so much with him, instead of him being a prop to Will Horton. They could have used Sonny to introduce us to his brothers. Lexie went to the dark side, despite never having been raised by Stefano. I loved evil LExie, she was awesome. Sonny could lose it after being shitted on by Will for the millionth time. A story that should been about Sonny and his past via Paul became all about the trials and tribulations of Will Horton. No wonder Freddie chose not to Re-sign with the show. Sonny has no agency...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

Isn't this a lame duck soap overall, really? I can't help thinking that the re-introduction of vets and the gearing up for the 50th anniversary shows (or the centennial of the town, if you will) are just a way of wrapping up the show in anticipation of its cancellation in 2016. (This is only speculation on my part, but it feels somehow inevitable.)

I've been thinking the same thing for over a year.  I believe Ken Corday kept making the network all sorts of promises - bring back favorite characters, do better SLs, bring on new writers, etc. - to get the ratings up, and he failed to deliver every single time.  He can try to blame everything on the writers, but he was more than happy to take credit for certain SLs until they didn't get the reaction he expected.

They made Will and Theresa the new Sami, despite them not having the same backstory as her.

And the writers failed miserably.  Sami was a character that developed over 22 years.  Simply saying, "Hey let's make Theresa and Will the new Sami's," isn't the same thing as actually writing good SLs for the characters that show them developing.

I'm not surprised FS (Sonny) decided to get the hell out of Salem like several other actors/actresses that had had enough and left the building to.

• Love 4

"

This is what I thought when I heard the nine month time-line for the 50th anniversary celebration. NBC is giving them time to bring back the characters that meant the most to viewers (with the obvious exception of MA as Jack, whom Corday hates, always wondered if MR disliked him as well because the treatment he received from this show has been beyond comprehension) and create storylines that close out the show in a positive fashion. Maybe people come back to see it, which is great; if not, no harm no foul, since the show is on its way out the door.

As someone who has been away for years, I was thrilled to see Doug, Julie, Kayla, John, Marlena (her face makes Diana Ross's face look like silly putty) and even Maggie, who was on my last nerve when I last checked in. Aside from seeing these characters, there appears to be nothing going on with the show at this point. This is a perfect example of Corday never listening to or learning from criticism -- he has long been criticized for how far out the show shoots, it makes it impossible to correct when the train goes off the track, and it makes it impossible for you to be topical, something which is the touch of death in this digital age -- that's why he is his own and by extension the show's worst enemy.

• Love 1
(edited)

So Salem is going to be 200 years old, eh?  Why don't they stop wondering how to celebrate and go straight to the source.  Julie can tell them all about the settlement, since she was there.   And Doug, of course, can sing about it.  Now did I SAY I found the two of them too insufferable for words?

The way Julie cranes her head forward every time she was blathering on to Marlena today I fully expected to see her dentures fall into her chocolate cake.  Doug, he just looks like he's wondering where the bathroom is.

Daniel is so PINK now that he's all scrubbed up and dressed in his door-to-door "Have you been SAVED" garb.  How could Nicole turn him down when he asked her in his most Daniel voice.....NiiiiiiiiiiiiiicOLE, Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilllllllllllllllllllllll UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarYME"?  Gosh, he's just such a GREAT actor, and that range.......I bet if he was asking "Dooooooooo Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu wannnnnnnnt friiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeees withTHAT"? Daniel would be a huge success at Wendy's.

Cody Banks Secret Agent is ON THE JOB.  Yep, this is gonna go well.  JJ is cute and JJ can be lovable, but nobody has ever said, other than Maxine, I'm sure at some point, that JJ is smart.  And if this is the best idea the Feds can come up with to stop the drug trade in Salem then just start passing the weed around Horton Square and let everyone have a toke.

I'm unhappy about the probable direction for Aiden.  We finally have a guy in Salem who actually acts like an adult.  A guy who treats Hope well, and doesn't mistreat her the way most guys in Salem treat their significant others, and he's going to be trashed for a storyline.  Poor excuse.  IMO any good writing team could have found another way if Show didn't want to keep Daniel Cosgrove around.

That was just emphasized to me with the other guys we saw today.   We have Eric who is nuttier than a fruitcake and ready to explode, Dumbass Brady being his usual bully self, Creepy Clyde, Roman and his pet hairpiece, Jawn, who literally oozes his masculinity - you can see it, puddling on the floor - just in case we forget that he's THE MAN.  And Sparkle Pretty, of course.

OH!  And a bad day in Salem can always be made worse, when we get to hear Maxine debase herself and betray her intelligence by praising Jenn for no good reason.  

Show is boring as hell right now.  I know it's because of the recalibration in the works with the new writers and the returns, but that doesn't explain why Show hasn't started trying to fix the characters we currently see onscreen.  Other than making Will maybe nicer, every other male is still as dickish as usual.   And every woman loves them for it.

Edited by boes
  • Love 9