Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I have a suggestion for Show.   HOwzabout somebody superglue Maggie's lips shut?  Or pour cement down her flapping yap?  

So Paige knocks at the door with cookies (oy VEY, we GET it, she's a GOOD girl) and Maggie flutters to the door like a Joan Colliins version of the Good Fairy Merryweather.  Then when she's gurgling sweetness and light about the clothing sale, she manages to get in a slam at Paige's mom and aunt.  Nice work there, Hagitha.  

Since when does the nice grandma type that we're all supposed to love set up some young girl so she can slam said girl's mother and aunt?  But that's Maggie all over.  Heart as big as a withered grape, and a vicious tongue wrapped in that cotton-candy hairball of a head.

Nicole should have beat Daniel to death with her purse and then strangled him with his own stethoscope for good measure. He, JJ, Eric, and Xander were all disgusting today. 

And why can't Nicole express her anger at Daniel to Daniel, instead of taking it out on another woman?  

I'd be stunned by this nonsensical retelling of what's been going on between Nicole and Daniel if it didn't occur EVERY SINGLE DAY.  He's treated her with no respect, no regard, he's told her they're "taking a break", and NOW he has the gall to throw shade because she had coffee with a guy?  When he's been doing his best to crawl up Jenn's support hose for the past two weeks???  

Show has done this wierd reversal thing, put Daniel in the old-fashioned female role, the one where the "good" woman makes the "bad" man prove themselves worthy of hoohawiness.  Now we're forced to watch this wretch of a man emotionally manipulate and humiliate a woman for simply wanting to be with him.  And Show, for some reason, is making her do it.  It's as despicable as it infuriating.

And OF COURSE we had to have Maggie show up ONCE AGAIN with that fake sweetness of hers so she could dance on Nicole's grave.  

I'm disappointed that Xander is yet another Salem man who thinks it's alright to physically threaten and outright harm a woman.

Yeah. Now my Xanicole ship has a hole in it. 

MIne too......I was hoping against hope that Show would finally write a male character who was both an adult and NOT a major dick.  Looks like that will never happen.  If we don't get to see Xander being an ass, or Daniel being a self-impressed blowhard, we have to listen to Eric be a smug asshole.  

Oh Show....

I think I dislike Daniel more than any other character on the show. 

Daniel is Jenn, Jenn is Daniel, Daniel is Jenn, Jenn is Daniel.

glen_or_glenda_11.jpeg

Glen or Glenda, Daniel - which one?

Because they really are the same.  Not that long ago we had Jenn being as insufferable as Daniel is being currently.  Lately she's been on less and we still have him at full force, being a complete ass.

He has the nerve, the utter nerve to say to Nicole that she can't be without a man.  Maybe that's true.  But it's pretty rich coming from a man who LITERALLY didn't go more than two days after Jenn dumped him the last time to hook back up with Nicole again that last time.  

ETA: the woman who plays Anne has the best hair and clothing on the show. She must do it herself and wear her own clothes. I loved how she, has someone else put, pet Teresa when JT went in for a hug.

Tnank God for Ann today, she saved the show.  Her very funny, awkward petting motions with Theresa, combined with her honesty and inability to couch her phrasing makes her invaluable.  

So of course Show can only use her for comic relief.  

But thank God for that, at least.

Edited by boes
  • Love 12

Interesting stuff they're doing with sets these days -- Kristin's Italian Dimeara Castle for one, and has anyone noticed that the iconic Brady Pub is now reduced to just a booth? 

I missed the first 30 minutes while my local news followed Aaron Hernandez's trip to jail for the rest of his life. Why we had to watch a white van ride down the highway is beyond me. So I missed whatever led to JJ going to Eve's -- is it pivotal so that I should catch it on youtube? 

I loved Melanie gently leading Brady to her conclusion about his baby with Theresa. As someone said above, I'm very glad they didn't drag this out so that it became a big trust issue between Mel and Brady. 

• Love 4

I missed the first 30 minutes while my local news followed Aaron Hernandez's trip to jail for the rest of his life. Why we had to watch a white van ride down the highway is beyond me. So I missed whatever led to JJ going to Eve's -- is it pivotal so that I should catch it on youtube? 

Nothing important happened, as usual. Check back in July to see if there's been any movement in this story.

• Love 7

Thanks, Lefty, I should have known : ) On the other hand, I'm sure things will bust wide open next week while I'm on vacation. (By the way, a few months ago I wrote that I was hoping to find a Kate-esque outfit for a dressy rock and roll benefit thing I'm going to next week -- in case you were wondering, I think I nailed it, lol. If so, I'll post a pic when I'm back -- in the wardrobe thread : )). 

• Love 4

(By the way, a few months ago I wrote that I was hoping to find a Kate-esque outfit for a dressy rock and roll benefit thing I'm going to next week -- in case you were wondering, I think I nailed it, lol. If so, I'll post a pic when I'm back -- in the wardrobe thread : )).

I can't wait for this.  I trust you've also picked up some blue hair extensions?

• Love 2

Kristen has essentially committed the same crime that Nicole did to Sami, but why does Kristen seem so much crazier? 

Maybe because Nicole's baby switch was positively mundane in comparison? She didn't steal a fetus right out of Sami's womb and then send henchmen to do all sorts of nefarious deeds in order to get blood from Sami and EJ.

OMG, Nicole. Theresa telling Daniel that Nicole was seeing another guy makes her worse than Nicole, worse than Sami? Sit the fuck down. Theresa's list of crimes doesn't begin to compare to yours, and especially not to Sami's - her list had to be twice as long when she was younger than Theresa is now. What ridiculous hyperbole. Oh, and Theresa ruined Nicole's life with this? She did you a favor! Run away from Dan! Awaaaaaay!

And sadly, I can see that Dan will end up rescuing Nicole from Xander. So much for the brief spark of hope I had that the writers were going to actually give Nicole/Xander a real shot.

I've been FFing Serena because not even my Melissa Archer love could convince me to continue to sit through the repetitious elephant nonsense, but am I to understand that Serena stashed the diamonds in Dan's apartment and is now trying to get them back? Which is the same damn elephant plot?! Weeks of the fucking elephant, and now it's weeks of the fucking diamonds? How lazy can the writers get? All they had to do was take the same script they used for the elephant and find-replace every "elephant" with "diamonds."

• Love 8

I've been FFing Serena because not even my Melissa Archer love could convince me to continue to sit through the repetitious elephant nonsense, but am I to understand that Serena stashed the diamonds in Dan's apartment and is now trying to get them back? Which is the same damn elephant plot?! Weeks of the fucking elephant, and now it's weeks of the fucking diamonds? How lazy can the writers get? All they had to do was take the same script they used for the elephant and find-replace every "elephant" with "diamonds."

Why can't Serena just find out when Dan and Melanie will both be at work and then break into the apartment and take the diamonds? Some much stupid. 

• Love 3

I wonder if either Brady or Melanie are going to bother telling Theresa any of this? I know they just found out, but I already hate it that Theresa is an afterthought in this. I hope they clue her in soon.

It is breaking my heart to see Theresa and Nicole all nasty to each other. I understand the animosity, but I hate seeing the only two women on the show that I like being reduced to catty stereotypes.

Why didn't Serena just put the diamonds in her coat instead of in the fireplace? Was she afraid she'd mix them up with the stuff she got out of the gumball machine?

She said something about being afraid "they" (Xander and/or that Carmen Sandiego woman who worked for him, I assume) could just grab her and take them. Which...I don't get. 

• Love 3

The way the elephant/diamond SL has played out, Serena now looks as dumb as Brady.

I have no interest in watching Theresa and Nicole snarl at each other.  If either one of them wants to smack Daniel over the head with a shovel, I'm on board for that.

• Love 6

Best part of today's episode?

Abby's walking up to Eve--apparently everybody who is anybody hangs out at Salem University these days--and trying to act tough, asking her how Eve knows Ben.  Eve not even blinking an eye makes sure to reference Abs' "slimy affair with EJ Dimera" and that she's lucky to find Ben "because most guys would see her as damaged good."  I freakin' CHEERED during that exchange!

I really hate how Melanie uses her little girl voice when she's talking to Daniel.  I can not explain how repellent it is that this twenty something adult woman reverts into a child when she's speaking to her father--whom she met as an adult--UUGGHHH!!!

And I think the reason Theresa is considered worse then Nicole and Kristen combined is that unlike Nicole, she doesn't debase herself on a weekly basis begging for forgiveness.  That's why Daniel lowers himself to speak to Nicole--he likes that she grovels.  Theresa doesn't, so she's still scum.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 8

They really could be doing a better job of explaining why Theresa is vital to the bone marrow transplant.  But then, Kristin should have enough resources to grab marrow from anyone else on the planet.

It's such lazy writing.   If they made it clear Kristin felt she had to kill her because she knew the whole story, that would make a BIT more sense.

• Love 1

The way the elephant/diamond SL has played out, Serena now looks as dumb as Brady.

I have no interest in watching Theresa and Nicole snarl at each other.  If either one of them wants to smack Daniel over the head with a shovel, I'm on board for that.

I'd settle for fireplace poker. That got as redundant as elephant but oddly I never got sick of it. I wonder why?

And sadly, I can see that Dan will end up rescuing Nicole from Xander. So much for the brief spark of hope I had that the writers were going to actually give Nicole/Xander a real shot.

Sadly, based on this being the Daniel Jonas hour and the hint of Xander's ugly tendencies yesterday, I can see this being the case. This gives me the sads. Seems like Nicole deserves no better than to be in an emotionally abusive relationship with Daniel. She'll probably have his miracle tan baby.

You know all this begs the question, where the hell is the Daniel Jonas fan club? I wasn't a huge James Scott or Ejami fan, especially towards the end, but damnit even I was loathe to admit that they had a large, organized and mobilized fanbase. Same could be said for Sami, Lucas, Marlena, Lumi fans, Jarlena, etc.,  I have yet to see a large collection of Shawn Christian fans or fans any of his pairings. So is he just leading man by default? Am I just frequenting the wrong boards? Or should I say the right boards? LOL! I have never seen or been on any board that loved or was interested in any storyline about Daniel or his love life. What am I missing?

Also, does he ever take a vacation? I swear he is on at least 3-4 times a week without fail, every week.

• Love 4

STFU Abifail. There you go again accusing someone of something without having any proof. Why would Eve want to turn plastic mannequin into the knockoff FBI? I wish someone would report Abifail to the real FBI, the CIA, the military, Obama, and animal control for being a crime against humanity. 

I really need for Nicole and Theresa to calm down. Theresa needs to stop being so hateful and Nicole needs to stop acting like she's so much better than Theresa. After everything she's done she needs to have a seat. How many times have people called her poison/trash/no good.

Kritter is rancid. 

Aww isn't it precious that JJ and Lima Bean had sex. I hope they used a condom so she doesn't get pregnant. 

I swear Nicole and Dan have broken up and gotten back together 37 times this month.

• Love 6

Transplant, what?

I really don't get why Nicole and Teresa are fighting with each other, but Nicole looked very pretty today. 

Is Teresa suffering from some sort of postpartum depression that might be equivalent to the kind when someone steals an embryo out of your body?

Ben looked strange today -- sort of like a woman dressed up as a man. Maybe the show should have had his facial hair grow out a little more or not let him cut it so that it looked like he took a magic marker to his chin area.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2

It looks like they used Jen Lilly's mascara to stencil in Ben's "beard".

The JJ./Paige sex scene was really skeevy. The way she just laid there and looked so young compared to super hairy JJ made me want to call Deadline NBC.

How many times is Nicole going to listen to that bitchy hobo debase her? Who exactly does Corday and the writers think these relationships appeal to? Watching women apologize and grovel as men act bitchy is not something I want to watch. I think Dan needs to hook-up with Abigail. Given their respective behavior, they are soulmates. And the look on Jennider's face would be priceless, as would Eve's comments. I can just picture her calling Sami to tell her all about it.

• Love 2

The show needs to rethink Abigail's wardrobe -- she looked like a little person today (which would be fine if she actually were a little person, but since she's not...) Granted, Eve is quite tall, but the shirt Abigail was wearing today accentuated her shoulders in a weird way, and when she started telling Eve off like they were on an episode of Jerry Springer, I felt like she could audition for a Smurfs movie.

I suppose Brady and Melanie are not going to tell Teresa about Kristen?

Edited by bantering

Mannequin in a college setting, now that was just flat out funny, he's trying to grow out some scruff and mess up his hair to pass off as human. Nice try.

I did love Suddenly Southern telling Jar Jar to save her damn attitude because she didn't have time for it and saying she's damaged goods. There she goes making accusations without proof. She really needs to sit her stupid ass down somewhere. She's so dumb that even Mannequin had to point out things that Southern wouldn't set him up. Jar Jar thinks that she's so tough and bad when she just looks silly. 

Dark Roast going to Victor and think he has something to do with Xander coming to Salem. Always with the accusations without the proof. I'm sorry but he just looks disgusting shirtless. His hair wet looks even more gross. Ewww he's just a big ball of nasty. 

Nicole I'm through with you, all that begging is just RIDICULOUS!!!

Someone please KILL MISS RAPEY.

• Love 7

I loved Sami/Nicole's fall over the park bench fight when Sami found out the truth about Sydney.  Theresa/Nicole fight I don't care.

I wish Eve had stepped on Slappy and squashed her.  I think Eve is despicable for screwing her daughter's boyfriend, but I still like her better than Dannifer and the boring twit.

Is there any reason Theresa, Nicole, Kate, and Eve would team up to kill Dannifer, Kristen, and Slappy, and rescue Theresa's baby because that I would enjoy watching.  While they are at it, they can bury Stefano alive, and leave him that way forever.  No more return from the dead for Stefano because he's not dead, he is just buried alive.

• Love 6

I don't like to see Nicole and Theresa fight either but they played it over the top and soapy so it was funny to me.  They didn't really mean anything they said.  I'm just glad to see them in scenes together.  I know Xander wants to mess with Nicole now that he's found Vic forbids it, but I found it odd he rescued the attacker and not the one being choked.

Dan,  Right, Vic summoned Xander for your stupid love life.  God how I dislike him.  Did I really hear him say he thinks he and Nicole might have a serious relationship?  What relationship??  And no, Theresa, Nicole is not "cheating" on Dan.  At least we don't have to see them in bed lately.

My sense of dread upon seeing the Salem U set for the first time was that everyone would end up there.  I wasn't wrong.

What the hell is Melanie doing to her hair?  What I like about this story is that it has not been dragged out and they're giving Mel and Brady something to do.  Like Patch and Kayla and Bo and Hope used to go on adventures.  And guess what, it gave them something different to talk about!  Hooray!  I don't like that Theresa is being left out and yeah, she's been mourning in a way for months now and I attribute her bad behavior somewhat to that.  She's frustrated because she doesn't know why.

Kritter named the kid Christopher?  It doesn't look like she has any plans to tell Brady, she just wants the baby for herself.  She's coming to town to get the bone marrow, not to snag Brady.  At least that's what it looks like to me.

• Love 3

I loved Sami/Nicole's fall over the park bench fight when Sami found out the truth about Sydney.  Theresa/Nicole fight I don't care.

I wish Eve had stepped on Slappy and squashed her.  I think Eve is despicable for screwing her daughter's boyfriend, but I still like her better than Dannifer and the boring twit.

Is there any reason Theresa, Nicole, Kate, and Eve would team up to kill Dannifer, Kristen, and Slappy, and rescue Theresa's baby because that I would enjoy watching.  While they are at it, they can bury Stefano alive, and leave him that way forever.  No more return from the dead for Stefano because he's not dead, he is just buried alive.

In my dream world, this would happen. I love everything that you said!

• Love 1

We all know that Victor has nothing better to do than send someone to meddle in Daniel's love life. PLEASE! Salem cannot hold Daniel's freaking ego.

The same goes for the side piece. So she thought that Eve was so obsessed with her and her family that she was the one who reported Ben? Abby needs to check herself and just go straddle another Dimera!

So JJ and Miss Perfect finally done the big nasty. Yippeee!!!! My life is now complete....lol

And girl wonder has decided to sneak onto the plane to also confront Kristen. Give me a break!!! Kristen will have daddy's girl for breakfast!

• Love 2

They really could be doing a better job of explaining why Theresa is vital to the bone marrow transplant.  But then, Kristin should have enough resources to grab marrow from anyone else on the planet.

It's such lazy writing.   If they made it clear Kristin felt she had to kill her because she knew the whole story, that would make a BIT more sense.

Kristen wants to use bone marrow from the mother, who she knows is a proper match.

We still don't know why the "FBI" is looking for Kevin, do we?

Really, Melanie? "All of the sudden"?

Ugh, Nicole, give up on Daniel.

• Love 2

Well, I understand she wants the mother's marrow because it's a match, but strangers could also be a match.  And considering the risks (implausible risks!) that she took stealing Theresa's baby, why not spend a million or two finding a match who CAN'T identify the baby as a stolen one?  Going after Theresa just ensures more trouble, and you'd think she would want to stay out of sight and just raise her kid in peace.

I don't know all the details about marrow transplants, but I do know they are no walk in the park for either party.

I guess I just question the way they revealed Kristin's plot these last three days.  She could have just said, "Theresa's an easy match and we can kill her afterwards."  But no...just random babbling and teasing for three days.  Oy.

My big issue is the way the show used to lavish attention on the details - the little things that make a story unique and personal and interesting for the viewer.  Kristin finally has a BABY OF HER OWN.  That's resolution to a plotline begun twenty some odd years ago!  But do we see her carrying the baby to term?  Nope.  Do we see her looking deliriously happy and thrilled and bonding with her kid?  Nope.  Just a few seconds of her holding the thing and almost sneering and then sipping wine and talking about her next kidnapping.

Kristin used to be a well-rounded character.  Where has that gone?  She wasn't flatly "evil" when she started out and that was what made her interesting - you could see how a good person gets wrapped up in a crazy scheme.  I'm pretty sure there are still plenty of Kristin fans out there who would enjoy seeing her happy for a second or two.  And that would make her eventual defeat more bittersweet and interesting.

Even her new home - it looks cool, but there is no real introduction to the Secret Door to the Nursery, is there?  Old School Days would have taken a moment and shown us that.  Here's it's just in the shot and if you blinked you missed it.  The Secret Room in the 90s was cool because it was well teased and set-up.

They've introduced this marrow plot and haven't even really explained to the audience what it will entail for the baby and why it's so urgent.  More time is spent on Kristin saying "I have a plan!!11!"  or "You'll see!111!"  or "I didn't say she was leaving!?!" just to keep us on what the producers believe is the edge of our seats.

Monkey writing.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 5

I think Brady's reaction to news of a baby was played a bit weird too. Granted, he knew Teresa was pregnant at some point so that wouldn't have come as a surprise to me, but he didn't seem traumatized or anything that the embryo he helped to create had been stolen from the lady he had slept with.

Smart call from Melanie to secretly board the plane though. Someone is going to have to prevent Brady from being seduced by Kristen again, since he really is that dumb. The idea that Kristen stole an embryo he helped to create would probably send his love hormones into overdrive.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 3

I strangely liked Melanie in the way she told Brady.  I don't follow how she figured it all out, but the actress did a great job of trying to make it work.  Not looking forward to see ED have to lay into another woman though.  It's gotten old.  First she hates Marlena (why isn't she involved in this story somehow?  That would be much more interesting!), then she hates Theresa, and now Melanie.  I'm SO TIRED of the jealous woman trope on this show.

Interesting stuff they're doing with sets these days -- Kristin's Italian Dimeara Castle for one, and has anyone noticed that the iconic Brady Pub is now reduced to just a booth?

You're not alone - I just realized Victor's house is super small now, too.  I hope they didn't trash the old sets or anything drastic.  They're built!  Keep 'em!

• Love 5

That's it, I'm done with Nicole.  Apologizing for having coffee with Xander to get on that self-righteous prick's good side.  Jesus, move the fuck on and stop debasing yourself, Nicole.

• Love 13

And I think the reason Theresa is considered worse then Nicole and Kristen combined is that unlike Nicole, she doesn't debase herself on a weekly basis begging for forgiveness. That's why Daniel lowers himself to speak to Nicole--he likes that she grovels. Theresa doesn't, so she's still scum.

THAT'S IT!!! Beautiful! That explains everything!

Ann was definitely my favorite part of the past two days. She cracks me up, and I really appreciate her natural beauty and work-appropriate wardrobe. And I enjoyed Melanie's scenes with Brady quite a bit. I found both actors more engaging than usual, and got several chuckles over Melanie's explanation. I'm weirdly ok with them leaving Theresa out of it for now.

And that's the end of my happy, because watching Nicole and Theresa tear into each other is the definition of can't watch tv for me. Not to mention yet another scene of Nicole groveling to that asshole, who, as someone pointed out earlier, is even a douchebag in *her* dream sequence!

But the absolute worst, for me, was that lying little bastard JJ screwing Paige. You may notice a slight change in tone, and you're right -- all of my sympathy for JJ evaporated the minute he took Paige to bed while still maintaining the lie. His reasons were purely selfish -- to bind her closer to him so it would be harder for her to leave him if the truth comes out. I am so angry and disgusted I can't even be rational about this. It isn't just that she's young, it isn't just that she's a virgin, it's that she's a classic Good Girl, and by that, I mean innocent. Having sex for the first time *means* something to her, and that's something she'll never get back. I knew girls like that in high school, and I saw what it did to them when they lost that innocence. This is going to destroy her worse than if he had told her the truth today, which is what he damn well should have done. My god, how disgusting.

• Love 16

bitchy hobo

@Tiger, thank you for that one. I howled with laughter when I read that description of Dan!

Re: JJ and Paige.

Their sex scene was awful and really, really tone deaf on the part of the show. Rolling out the soft lighting and romantic music? WHAT?? It should have been horror movie music playing on the soundtrack.

• Love 3

WHYYYYYYY does Nicole keep showing up Daniel's door to talk about their relationship. As near as I can tell they don't have one. A few weeks ago she showed up at least three times in one day. (or at least three times in the same outfit, that horrible 3/4 length sleeve coat.) It is the same conversation over and over and over and I just don't get it. Be together or don't, but for god's sake stop yammering about it.

• Love 6

Considering how JJ and Eve interacted yesterday, I firmly believe that they're actually in love with each other. I was ready for them to jump each other right then and there with the way they were raging at each other yesterday. He has far more chemistry with Eve than he does with Paige. JJ is completely irredeemable to me because he's constantly taking away Paige's choices. Yes, she chose to have sex with him, but we all know that will never happen if Paige knew that he screwed her mom. He's being quite manipulative, bordering on emotionally abusive, with how he wants Paige to choose him over her mother. Notice how Paige has no friends since she got back with JJ?

Jen Lilley is saving the storyline for me. I felt for Theresa. She's lashing out because she doesn't know how to process her pain, and there's no one telling her that things will be okay and that she can bounce back. She has no one telling her that they believe in her. Yes, that girl needs a shit ton of tough love. However, hearing that Brady finds her repulsive is not going to make her change her attitude.

• Love 11

I'll keep it short.  I want somebody to just hit Abigail over the head with a board repeatedly until she stops smirking - I mean, talking.  And then do it again.  And then have Kate throw her in the river for utterly no reason at all.  And if she floats to the surface, hit her with that board again.

That odious little toad hopping on over to interrupt Eve and Ben was such business as usual for the little horror, and also, business as usual, she has it all wrong.  But will that matter?  Nah, cuz it's only the EVUL EVE.  

I know the Abigail character is written the way she is, but I also think Kate Mansi is lacking in the ability to make her sympathetic in any fashion or form.  She always comes across as entitled, snotty, and dumb as a doorknob.

JJ is completely irredeemable to me because he's constantly taking away Paige's choices. Yes, she chose to have sex with him, but we all know that will never happen if Paige knew that he screwed her mom. He's being quite manipulative, bordering on emotionally abusive, with how he wants Paige to choose him over her mother.

Jen Lilley is saving the storyline for me. I felt for Theresa. She's lashing out because she doesn't know how to process her pain, and there's no one telling her that things will be okay and that she can bounce back. She has no one telling her that they believe in her. Yes, that girl needs a shit ton of tough love. However, hearing that Brady finds her repulsive is not going to make her change her attitude.

I had a feeling yesterday that my JJ love was going to be taking a hit.  There was just something off.....and man did it crash and burn today.  He's given in completely to Jenn's rationalizations and that is going to hurt him almost as much as it's going to hurt Paige.  I think that Show wants us to think that JJ's love for Paige is somehow purer or some such crap than Eve's is - newsflash - he's just as bad if not worse.  

I don't know if it's the writing - although I suspect not - or her acting choices these days, but I'm liking Eve more than I ever have.  Maybe it's because all her scenes aren't with Jenn or JJ.  I even mildly enjoyed Ben today when he was talking to Eve.  What the purpose of all that was I don't know.

I'm with you on Theresa.  Show has her raging far more than I enjoy, but Jen Lilley saves it all for me.  I think she's just that good, good enough to put enough into her performance to make me still root for Theresa.  What will happen, since this is Days, is she'll probably lose her edge and become a Stepford wife once it all comes out.  Which is still better than being a Deveraux harpie, I guess.  

But you just know that her apology tour is going to make Nicole's look like a walk in the park....

WHYYYYYYY does Nicole keep showing up Daniel's door to talk about their relationship. As near as I can tell they don't have one. 

Exactly.  Dan has treated her like absolute crap, told her they're on a break, physically pushed her out the door and slammed it in her face, and still Nicole debases herself going after this waste of space.  

And then we had to hear that gasbag ask Victor if he'd brought Zander to Salem just to mess with his relationship.  Daniel's ego is definitely the biggest thing on him, and the most delusional.  

Other than his demented mother, who the else CARES about the love life of a 50 year old man??????

And I enjoyed Melanie's scenes with Brady quite a bit. I found both actors more engaging than usual, and got several chuckles over Melanie's explanation. I'm weirdly ok with them leaving Theresa out of it for now.

Not to mention yet another scene of Nicole groveling to that asshole, who, as someone pointed out earlier, is even a douchebag in *her* dream sequence!

But the absolute worst, for me, was that lying little bastard JJ screwing Paige. You may notice a slight change in tone, and you're right -- all of my sympathy for JJ evaporated the minute he took Paige to bed while still maintaining the lie. His reasons were purely selfish -- to bind her closer to him so it would be harder for her to leave him if the truth comes out. I am so angry and disgusted I can't even be rational about this. It isn't just that she's young, it isn't just that she's a virgin, it's that she's a classic Good Girl, and by that, I mean innocent. Having sex for the first time *means* something to her, and that's something she'll never get back. I knew girls like that in high school, and I saw what it did to them when they lost that innocence. This is going to destroy her worse than if he had told her the truth today, which is what he damn well should have done. My god, how disgusting.

I'm glad you also enjoyed Mel and Brady, I did too.  And I don't know if I've EVER said that about Brady.  Mel is more of an adult with Brady, and Brady is at least less of a dickhead with Mel.  And, she doesn't let him push her around the way most women in Salem do.  

I know it won't last but I'll take what I can get.

Kritter needs to be put down for good this time.   It would be a mercy killing - for us as well as her.

• Love 7

This show seems to have a problem with handing out babies to people who don't need them - Will/Gabi/Sonny, Jawn (Sparkle is an overgrown baby), Theresa/Brady.

I find it hard to believe that a baby was able to survive in Kritter's hostile decrepit rancid uterus. I bet her crazy seeped through into the amniotic fluid. I hope once Brady and Theresa get the baby back that someone checks him out to make sure he isn't a zombie.

• Love 7

I hated seeing Theresa and Nicole fight, but I give Nicole a pass for escalating it to the physical because once a-freaking-gain, someone throws the porn stuff in her face. With Nicole's track record, there are plenty of crimes and misdeeds to choose from. That the writers continue to go there with the porn is disgusting. 

• Love 4

JJ and Paige -- sex scenes generally make me uncomfortable, lol, but this felt like I was watching my daughter and her boyfriend. Unlike some of you above, though, my affection for the pair hasn't dimmed. I thought JJ was very respectful of Paige's innocence  -- I know there's a big LIE between them, but that was there already and I honestly think JJ just wants to be in love with his girlfriend like a normal person. The fact that it's impossible is a given, of course, but for this little interlude, they had that. I guess I'm just one of those people who lives in the gray area of life -- I can never look at things in black and white. Although it hurts to see them together when we all know what's looming down the road. 

I wonder if Melanie will hide from Brady or reveal herself once they land in Rome? Her scenes yesterday in the jet, manipulating the pilot to determine their destination, reminded me of her con artist and sketchy past. Which I liked a lot. How safe is it in that cubbyhole during an overseas flight, though? At least she's not in the wheel well. I'll miss her when she's gone. 

Nicole and Theresa -- again, I have never witnessed an actual physical fight between two women in real life. Am I sheltered? Theresa sure went for the jugular bringing up the porn past, but what is it with Days and all the slapping and choking -- ugh. 

• Love 5

Shallow comment - Why does what little we saw of JJ's bedroom look like it was last decorated for Alice?  What guy his age has matching bedside tables with lamps, or sheets that match?  Or are shiny?  Or, if shiny, are shiny for all the wrong reasons?

It looked like he and Paige decided to do it in a funeral parlor.  Which, now that I think about it, is code for Jenn's bedroom....

• Love 6

Why does what little we saw of JJ's bedroom look like it was last decorated for Alice?  

I thought it was eerily reminiscent of Eve's bedroom (shivers). 

I forgot to complain about Abigail -- what an egomaniac, assuming Eve's only interest in Kevin/Ben is about Abigail. That scene didn't further the plot at all, it only served to ratchet up the annoyance factor. Although now that he's sporting a little scruff, Ben does look more human. 

• Love 2

I am actually liking Melanie and Brady in this storyline. I liked that she thought something was up and started investigating and figured it all out. I liked that she told him and MADE him listen to her. I liked that he thought it through and realized that she was right. I even liked that he, in typical male soap opera fashion insisted that she stay home while HE took care of it and that she, in typical female soap opera fashion stowed away on the plane. And once there, she will either totally screw things up or save the day. Possibly a combination of both.

• Love 9