Type keyword(s) to search

Pet(s): Photos & Discussion

• Start Topic

On 7/18/2020 at 2:22 PM, isalicat said:

Welluh, my torti kittie, Kali, was HIV positive and lived to 23 years of age. FIV (or the cat equivalent of Aids) is not at all a death sentence and cats that have it are generally non-symptomatic and don't need any treatment at all. When I went to be adopted by my current cat, all the cats at the local Humane Society were FIV positive so I did not take any of them home because I wanted a cat that could definitely go outside (we have a cat door built into our house and a very high walled back garden so its a super safe environment for a cat to lounge in the sunshine) - cats that are FIV positive can communicate the disease by biting another cat, so generally you want to either keep them in or make sure they are not going to encounter unfamiliar cats. My Kali lived with three other cats for her whole life and never gave any of them the disease and we had to let her go over the Rainbow Bridge because her kidneys finally gave out.

I always though cats with FIV that are born with it were fine but a adult who contracted it was fatal.

On 9/4/2020 at 9:24 PM, Gramto6 said:

Oh thank you! I'll try that. Poor guy moves both his back legs together, like a limp. If he'd let me touch him, I'd take him to the vet but that isn't going to happen.

I take it he is not fixed just by looking at his round face. You can get him fixed and maybe some of the pills that someone mentioned for arthritis.. just a thought 🙂

@Suzn Oh Reba is too cute for words. She has wonderful tabby markings and I especially like the two black lines over her eye that almost shape a V or W. Kittens are so entertaining and I love it that she gets along with your dog. Keep those photos coming 😊

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

@Suzn Oh Reba is too cute for words. She has wonderful tabby markings and I especially like the two black lines over her eye that almost shape a V or W. Kittens are so entertaining and I love it that she gets along with your dog. Keep those photos coming 😊

Reba is not my kitty, but I agree about her wonderful markings.  Just beautiful!

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Nicmar said:

I take it he is not fixed just by looking at his round face. You can get him fixed and maybe some of the pills that someone mentioned for arthritis.. just a thought 🙂

I doubt he is fixed. He used to torment my late Baby Boo so he has to be at least 10yrs old. I have been feeding him since Feb but have never been able to touch him or get close to him. If I could get him to the vet I would in a heartbeat. But I think if I tried to catch him, I would be shredded. I'll get the supplement and put it on his food...hope it helps him.

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

I doubt he is fixed. He used to torment my late Baby Boo so he has to be at least 10yrs old. I have been feeding him since Feb but have never been able to touch him or get close to him. If I could get him to the vet I would in a heartbeat. But I think if I tried to catch him, I would be shredded. I'll get the supplement and put it on his food...hope it helps him.

You can probably find a trap and release program that will lend you a trap, fix him for free (if needed) and treat if he has an illness.

• Love 2
On 10/18/2020 at 12:33 PM, Mindthinkr said:

I am a horse person. Yes, they can get lonely. They are herd animals. However, they also do do well with other kinds of animals. I’ve seen them be friends with dogs, goats, a turkey (that was a funny coupling), alpacas and pigs. You could try and find the owner and see if it is ok for you to give it a carrot or apple daily. Then you could be it’s friend. 

Good to know and thank you. Carrots and apples qre bought!

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Happy Early Halloween from BB 🎃 It is also my 17th Birthday 

628AAD27-37DA-49CF-BE13-CEB7E35BB9AD.thumb.jpeg.492b96c513d66cb454c58615165b98a6.jpeg

Happy Halloween from Squeaky. It’s also my 17th Birthday 

0F5D36C5-1123-4825-8364-C273A1359B5E.jpeg.ef4066a180d5783e4ed510432e746d29.jpeg

I’m going to assume those were photoshopped, but if not, I hope all your scratches heal up quickly. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
Just now, SoMuchTV said:

I’m going to assume those were photoshopped, but if not, I hope all your scratches heal up quickly. 

Yes, my friends photoshopped these for me. Also it’s the cats 17th Birthday. Not mine, I have many decades on them 😹

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
50 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Yes, my friends photoshopped these for me. Also it’s the cats 17th Birthday. Not mine, I have many decades on them 😹

I figured as much. I’m a little jealous. I’ve had many cats over the years, and even though I feel like I’m doing things right (indoors, decent food, vet visits), none of them have made it that long. Genes, maybe?

• Love 3
50 minutes ago, SoMuchTV said:

I figured as much. I’m a little jealous. I’ve had many cats over the years, and even though I feel like I’m doing things right (indoors, decent food, vet visits), none of them have made it that long. Genes, maybe?

I attribute it to good food and a vets visit every year. All but one of my cats (I’ve had many) have lived over 20 years. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

The house lions are pleased with their new blanket. For those who have previously read the cat-cats saga, he's the Snuggleupapuss the on the right (dark orange)

image.thumb.png.deabaad396ce67013b7d435f706d3545.png

We're disinterested in your photoshoot, hooman

image.png.ab3541227f4c45920ad8732e2be0c1db.png

Edited by theredhead77
  • Love 21
4 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Happy Early Halloween from BB 🎃 It is also my 17th Birthday 

628AAD27-37DA-49CF-BE13-CEB7E35BB9AD.thumb.jpeg.492b96c513d66cb454c58615165b98a6.jpeg

Happy Halloween from Squeaky. It’s also my 17th Birthday 

0F5D36C5-1123-4825-8364-C273A1359B5E.jpeg.ef4066a180d5783e4ed510432e746d29.jpeg

That is utterly terrifying. No, not the vampire picture. Happy Birthday!

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, supposebly said:

That is utterly terrifying. No, not the vampire picture. Happy Birthday!

The nun outfit? Someone on another SM site said that it gave them flashbacks of Catholic School and not in a good way. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

One of my cats has been trying to get me to come to bed since about 6pm. She wants her before bed treats, and keeps going upstairs, then coming back down a few minutes later when it becomes clear I’m not following her. Much like me, she is a creature of habit.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
On 10/30/2020 at 5:25 PM, Mindthinkr said:

I attribute it to good food and a vets visit every year. All but one of my cats (I’ve had many) have lived over 20 years. 

I've provided the same care, and my oldest was 19 at death, most were around 16, a couple were 13, and two were only around nine.  While I prefer to adopt adults, kittens have dropped into my life, yet there's not remotely a guarantee of a better outcome if I'm the one providing their care almost all their lives - I got the one who lived to 19 at approximately one year, but also got one of those who died at 13 at about six months and the other one at just a couple of months.  Just like with people, a pet's diet and medical care increases the odds, but one can't control for genetics and/or chance.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, KnoxForPres said:

No- from an iPhone tho and I tried to do what you said. I feel very silly it didn’t work. 

I’m not the best at explaining, but I’m on an iPhone too.

First, save picture in your photos. Then go to the picture you want to post, and hit “edit” to crop it. Then these are the next 2 steps:

Hit click to choose files

Then photo library

Then click on the picture you want to use

Then click add in the top right corner

Then hit submit reply.

FD8E916E-C1B8-4388-9AB3-8734C9049896.jpeg

EBB44592-537B-4D92-9B7D-8937F7987CE5.jpeg

• Love 1
2 hours ago, KnoxForPres said:

It’s user error/- I’m good at some stuff in life but not all!  

I have the technological skills of a guppy. On the bottom of this page you will see a blue highlighted thing called “Choose files”. I press on that. Then it asked if I want to choose from my photo album. I answer yes. (Mind you that I am on an Apple device and this will probably not work on another system). Usually at the bottom it will give you a choice about resizing. I always answer yes. Then I select from their options (medium) and then press to add my photo. I hope this helps. This is not my forte, but have spent times confused like you  

Anyone with more I please chime in  

Another option - 

shrinkpictures.com

Scroll down to this dialog box

Screenshot (508).png

Choose the photo, click on the 50% or 25% option, hit then red 'Resize', scroll back up near the top of page to where it says "Download this picture now".  Click on that, then search your download file for the resized image.  This may not be the same procedure for Apple products.  Never used them so I'm not sure.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 1
On 11/7/2020 at 1:06 AM, KnoxForPres said:

Well I tried everything you guys mentioned. I have an 11- not sure if that matters but I never saw options mentioned. I wish you guys could see a good pic of Knox

thanks so much to all who tried to help me

46 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

Relax.  Don't worry about it, you're doing fine.  Eventually you will get there.

I have no clue how to post pictures at all.   I can't even include a picture in a quote from another poster's post. 

Ha!  True. Still frustrating when kind people give you step by steps and I still cant do it

Also hilarious she’s a 10 year old gray beard lady and you’d think I’ve got exclusive rights on a supermodel. 

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, KnoxForPres said:

Ha!  True. Still frustrating when kind people give you step by steps and I still cant do it

Also hilarious she’s a 10 year old gray beard lady and you’d think I’ve got exclusive rights on a supermodel. 

I can never post pictures from my phone, they are always too big. I email them to myself and post them from my computer. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
8 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

What a pretty cat.

I am in the mood for pet photos does anyone have any that they would be willing to post?

And still no pictures of pets dressed up as turkeys.🦃😦

I think one of my cats is depressed and I don't know why.  The other cat picks on him and is a bit of a jerk, but they have lived together as kittens before I adopted them and that was five or six years ago.  So I don't think that would be all of a sudden the issue with this cat.  He isn't seeking the attention he once did and he is getting more and more shy.  He has no problem eating, my gosh that cat can eat.  I don't know if this is just a temporary thing and that he will snap out of it or if something else is going on.  He goes to the vet every year.

my Little Dogs would be cute dressed up as a turkey. I already want to get my chihuahua a elf costume and the other one a Christmas tree costume lol

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Nicmar said:

my Little Dogs would be cute dressed up as a turkey. I already want to get my chihuahua a elf costume and the other one a Christmas tree costume lol

Now you have to do it, and post a picture!

@icemiser69, since you asked, here’s a picture of one of my cats. I don’t post pics of her as often as the calico(who is very photogenic and often doing adorable things), but my silver tabby is very pretty and honestly the happiest cat I’ve ever met.

671AAB7D-7260-446A-A26D-D812DA41B4F5.jpeg

• Love 16
2 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

What a pretty cat.

I am in the mood for pet photos does anyone have any that they would be willing to post?

And still no pictures of pets dressed up as turkeys.🦃😦

I think one of my cats is depressed and I don't know why.  The other cat picks on him and is a bit of a jerk, but they have lived together as kittens before I adopted them and that was five or six years ago.  So I don't think that would be all of a sudden the issue with this cat.  He isn't seeking the attention he once did and he is getting more and more shy.  He has no problem eating, my gosh that cat can eat.  I don't know if this is just a temporary thing and that he will snap out of it or if something else is going on.  He goes to the vet every year.

My girls Onyx & Pearl, helping wth the laundry - 

phpWdgzjbPM.jpg

My favorite Thanksgiving dog/cat meme -  (been around for years - you may have seen it before)

dog-cat-indian-american-funny-pic.jpg

Here's a whole page of turkey pets IceMiser69 - 

pets+dressed+up+as+turkeys

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 18