Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Cranberry

Pet(s): Photos & Discussion

On 10/18/2020 at 11:08 AM, KnoxForPres said:

Is anyone here a horse person?  While I don’t live in the country there is pasture area behind the house and a horse is there (appeared?  I guess horse owners know these things). 

I don't know much about horses, but I did date a nag once. That didn't last long.  Life is too short to be around people who constantly complain.  No she didn't have a long face, but I sure did after all of her constant bitching and moaning.

ETA:  I was trying to be funny, but I guess that fell flat.  Oh well, I can't win them  all.😢

On 11/2/2020 at 6:29 PM, smittykins said:

A certain House Panther expected breakfast at 6 am Sunday instead of 7.  I broke down and fed her at 6:30.

Yeah, I had to feed both of my cats a half hour earlier as well.  They weren't going to let me sleep through, and I wasn't going to start feeding them at 4:00am, so I fed then at 4:30am instead of their normal 5:00am. 

As I have posted in the past, one of the cats is a chewer, so I don't want him to starting chewing on things he shouldn't any more than he already does.

Edited by icemiser69
  • Like 1

I feel 100 but how do I upload a photo?  I finally have a good one of Knox but it doesn’t like the size when I try to do from my photos   I did go to main page and looked around  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KnoxForPres said:

No- from an iPhone tho and I tried to do what you said. I feel very silly it didn’t work. 

I’m not the best at explaining, but I’m on an iPhone too.

First, save picture in your photos. Then go to the picture you want to post, and hit “edit” to crop it. Then these are the next 2 steps:

Hit click to choose files

Then photo library

Then click on the picture you want to use

Then click add in the top right corner

Then hit submit reply.

FD8E916E-C1B8-4388-9AB3-8734C9049896.jpeg

EBB44592-537B-4D92-9B7D-8937F7987CE5.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KnoxForPres said:

It’s user error/- I’m good at some stuff in life but not all!  

I have the technological skills of a guppy. On the bottom of this page you will see a blue highlighted thing called “Choose files”. I press on that. Then it asked if I want to choose from my photo album. I answer yes. (Mind you that I am on an Apple device and this will probably not work on another system). Usually at the bottom it will give you a choice about resizing. I always answer yes. Then I select from their options (medium) and then press to add my photo. I hope this helps. This is not my forte, but have spent times confused like you  

Anyone with more I please chime in  

Oh @Mindthinkr I feel your pain...I am so challenged when it comes to posting these photos. I hope you can find a way to post..no help coming from this old guppy sorry to say... 🐟

• Like 1

Another option - 

shrinkpictures.com

Scroll down to this dialog box

Screenshot (508).png

Choose the photo, click on the 50% or 25% option, hit then red 'Resize', scroll back up near the top of page to where it says "Download this picture now".  Click on that, then search your download file for the resized image.  This may not be the same procedure for Apple products.  Never used them so I'm not sure.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Like 1

Well I tried everything you guys mentioned. I have an 11- not sure if that matters but I never saw options mentioned. I wish you guys could see a good pic of Knox

thanks so much to all who tried to help me

• Like 1

On 11/7/2020 at 1:06 AM, KnoxForPres said:

Well I tried everything you guys mentioned. I have an 11- not sure if that matters but I never saw options mentioned. I wish you guys could see a good pic of Knox

thanks so much to all who tried to help me

30 minutes ago, KnoxForPres said:

Well I have  made such a fool of myself which is embarrassing. I Guess IAm complete idiot bc I keep resizing and getting too big pic 

4 minutes ago, KnoxForPres said:

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, KnoxForPres said:

Well I have  made such a fool of myself which is embarrassing. I Guess IAm complete idiot bc I keep resizing and getting too big pic 

Relax.  Don't worry about it, you're doing fine.  Eventually you will get there.

I have no clue how to post pictures at all.   I can't even include a picture in a quote from another poster's post. 

46 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

Relax.  Don't worry about it, you're doing fine.  Eventually you will get there.

I have no clue how to post pictures at all.   I can't even include a picture in a quote from another poster's post. 

Ha!  True. Still frustrating when kind people give you step by steps and I still cant do it

Also hilarious she’s a 10 year old gray beard lady and you’d think I’ve got exclusive rights on a supermodel. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, KnoxForPres said:

Ha!  True. Still frustrating when kind people give you step by steps and I still cant do it

Also hilarious she’s a 10 year old gray beard lady and you’d think I’ve got exclusive rights on a supermodel. 

I can never post pictures from my phone, they are always too big. I email them to myself and post them from my computer. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 3

What a pretty cat.

I am in the mood for pet photos does anyone have any that they would be willing to post?

And still no pictures of pets dressed up as turkeys.🦃😦

I think one of my cats is depressed and I don't know why.  The other cat picks on him and is a bit of a jerk, but they have lived together as kittens before I adopted them and that was five or six years ago.  So I don't think that would be all of a sudden the issue with this cat.  He isn't seeking the attention he once did and he is getting more and more shy.  He has no problem eating, my gosh that cat can eat.  I don't know if this is just a temporary thing and that he will snap out of it or if something else is going on.  He goes to the vet every year.

• Sad 2

8 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

What a pretty cat.

I am in the mood for pet photos does anyone have any that they would be willing to post?

I think one of my cats is depressed and I don't know why.  The other cat picks on him and is a bit of a jerk, but they have lived together as kittens before I adopted them and that was five or six years ago.  So I don't think that would be all of a sudden the issue with this cat.  He isn't seeking the attention he once did and he is getting more and more shy.  He has no problem eating, my gosh that cat can eat.  I don't know if this is just a temporary thing and that he will snap out of it or if something else is going on.  He goes to the vet every year.

my Little Dogs would be cute dressed up as a turkey. I already want to get my chihuahua a elf costume and the other one a Christmas tree costume lol

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Nicmar said:

my Little Dogs would be cute dressed up as a turkey. I already want to get my chihuahua a elf costume and the other one a Christmas tree costume lol

I hope your are not setting up the Christmas tree wearing dog to get peed on by the other dog.😄

🎄🐶

Edited by icemiser69
  • Laugh 4

1 hour ago, Nicmar said:

Now you have to do it, and post a picture!

@icemiser69, since you asked, here’s a picture of one of my cats. I don’t post pics of her as often as the calico(who is very photogenic and often doing adorable things), but my silver tabby is very pretty and honestly the happiest cat I’ve ever met.

671AAB7D-7260-446A-A26D-D812DA41B4F5.jpeg

• Like 16

2 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

What a pretty cat.

My girls Onyx & Pearl, helping wth the laundry - 

phpWdgzjbPM.jpg

My favorite Thanksgiving dog/cat meme -  (been around for years - you may have seen it before)

dog-cat-indian-american-funny-pic.jpg

Here's a whole page of turkey pets IceMiser69 - 

pets+dressed+up+as+turkeys

• Like 18

The cat towards the back (on the washing machine) looks almost identical to my big cat.  He is a chewer and a head butt-er.  He chews so much that he has damaged/destroyed a lot of things so that I can't have him near sheets, shoes or anything with tags.  He also thinks biting is an affectionate act.  He bites and twists (purple nurple).  He is the one that has been real gloomy lately.

My other cat is smaller and mean to the above cat.  This cat is a tuxedo. 

Thank you all for posting pictures. 

Edited by icemiser69
  • Like 6

Against all odds, Chester (my parents' cat with terminal cancer) is still alive and happy.  He's also lost even more weight and fur, so my mom got him a sweater today and just sent me this picture.  It will mostly be for when he insists on going out in the garage with his brother (he and Bandit like to hang out there sometimes at night; I guess it's their man cave). 

Chester in sweater 2.JPG

• Like 19

22 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

The cat towards the back (on the washing machine) looks almost identical to my big cat.  He is a chewer and a head butt-er.  He chews so much that he has damaged/destroyed a lot of things so that I can't have him near sheets, shoes or anything with tags.  He also thinks biting is an affectionate act.  He bites and twists (purple nurple).  He is the one that has been real gloomy lately.

My other cat is smaller and mean to the above cat.  This cat is a tuxedo. 

Thank you all for posting pictures. 

You're quite welcome!  

Yes, my Pearl (white/calico) does like to chew, but not so much destructively, moreso on plastic bags, mislaid cellophane and things like that.  You know, things that end up in a pile of steaming cat yak, lol.  Onyx (black) shows indications of having seasonal affective disorder during the fall and winter months.  She tends to seek out lamps under which to hang out.  We live in a part of the country that is under a permacloud for about 4-5 months yearly, and the ambient light seems to help her cope with the lack of natural sunshine, which she loves to lay in.  I don't know if this could be your kitty's issue, but something to think about.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

18 minutes ago, Bastet said:

Against all odds, Chester (my parents' cat with terminal cancer) is still alive and happy.  He's also lost even more weight and fur, so my mom got him a sweater today and just sent me this picture.  It will mostly be for when he insists on going out in the garage with his brother (he and Bandit like to hang out there sometimes at night; I guess it's their man cave). 

I am sorry that you parent's cat has cancer.  I do like his sweater.

3 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Yes, my Pearl (white/calico) does like to chew, but not so much destructively, moreso on plastic bags, mislaid cellophane and things like that.  You know, things that end up in a pile of steaming cat yak, lol.  Onyx (black) shows indications of have seasonal affective disorder during the fall and winter months.  She tends to seek out lamps under which to hang out.  We live in a part of the country that is under a permacloud for about 4-5 months yearly, and it seems to help her.  I don't know if this could be your kitty's issue, but something to think about.

That could be it.  The weather is getting cooler, the clocks have changed, and the weather has been dreary.   Thank you.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bastet said:

Chester in sweater 2.JPG

Awww Chester looks like a sweetie.

• Like 5

Another option would be to dress up a cat as a dog and a dog as a cat.  I am not sure if I have seen any of those pictures or not.

Or, dress up a cat as a mouse and a mouse as a cat.  Of course that would be one teeny tiny cat costume, and I don't think the mouse would cooperate..

• Laugh 3

3 hours ago, smittykins said:

🎶“O Christmas tree, O Christmas tree, your ornaments are history...”🎶

I have Christmas cards like that. 

• Like 2
  • Laugh 3

20 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Yes, my Pearl (white/calico) does like to chew, but not so much destructively, moreso on plastic bags, mislaid cellophane and things like that.  You know, things that end up in a pile of steaming cat yak, lol. 

You know I love my cat when I am willing to pan through cat poop to make sure the shoelace he chewed up and swallowed made it all the way through.

BTW, my cat that looks similar to yours chewed through my head set cord about an hour ago.  It has been six years and I still can't get him to stop chewing swallowing and damaging just about everything that he can fit in his pie hole.  I am convinced that the reason he chews everything is because of anxiety or boredom.  I suppose it is possible he wasn't weened properly.

Luckily the other cat (tuxedo) doesn't chew up anything.  When he sits on my lap he won't get off.  He would stay there for hours if I let him.

46 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

I am convinced that the reason he chews everything is because of anxiety or boredom.

Has your cat been to the vet?  Have you discussed the problem with him/her?  Could be behavioral, could be some sort of eating disorder perhaps?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Has your cat been to the vet?  Have you discussed the problem with him/her?  Could be behavioral, could be some sort of eating disorder perhaps?

Yeah, he has been to the vet often and there is nothing more they can do about it.  He looks like the picture you have of "Pearl" above, except with a black dot above his nose..  Many years ago he was put on medication (I don't recall which one) for awhile that calmed him down a bit, but he was still destructive, just less so.   I really wish I hadn't had the vet put him on medication back then, because now he won't defend himself when the tuxedo cat starts to go after him.  He will just sit there and let the tuxedo cat bite him.  No blood is drawn when the tuxedo cat bites.  Still, biting is biting.

I would like to tone down the aggressiveness of the other cat  (tuxedo).  All of a sudden he is becoming more and more of a jerk, biting and attacking the above cat more often and me as well.  He wants to be petted on his terms, which is fine.  But when he hops in my lap, he shouldn't be biting me when I try to pet him.

The tuxedo doesn't go after the other cat all of the time.  Just every so often, and they will at other times sleep next to each other.

I have Feliway plugged in all over the place, but it doesn't seem to be helping.

They go for their annual checkups and the tuxedo cat also goes in monthly to get his nails trimmed.  If I tried to trim them myself I would be torn to shreds.  The other cat will let me trim his nails as long as he gets snacks afterwards.

2 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

These are two of the prettiest cats I've ever seen.  Nacho (red) and Stella Flay, Bobby Flay's Maine Coon kids.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHdY2BFFpvS/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

note-I don't know what changed, but I can no longer get IG links to automatically embed.  I use the IG 'copy link' feature, but this is all I get.

When you paste it into this forum, delete the bolded part before saving your post.

• Useful 2

2 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

Yeah, he has been to the vet often and there is nothing more they can do about it.  He looks like the picture you have of "Pearl" above, except with a black dot above his nose..  Many years ago he was put on medication (I don't recall which one) for awhile that calmed him down a bit, but he was still destructive, just less so.   I really wish I hadn't had the vet put him on medication back then, because now he won't defend himself when the tuxedo cat starts to go after him.  He will just sit there and let the tuxedo cat bite him.  No blood is drawn when the tuxedo cat bites.  Still, biting is biting.

I would like to tone down the aggressiveness of the other cat  (tuxedo).  All of a sudden he is becoming more and more of a jerk, biting and attacking the above cat more often and me as well.  He wants to be petted on his terms, which is fine.  But when he hops in my lap, he shouldn't be biting me when I try to pet him.

The tuxedo doesn't go after the other cat all of the time.  Just every so often, and they will at other times sleep next to each other.

I have Feliway plugged in all over the place, but it doesn't seem to be helping.

They go for their annual checkups and the tuxedo cat also goes in monthly to get his nails trimmed.  If I tried to trim them myself I would be torn to shreds.  The other cat will let me trim his nails as long as he gets snacks afterwards.

Sounds like a couple of challenging kitties you have there.  Above my pay grade, lol.

• Laugh 1

9 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Sounds like a couple of challenging kitties you have there.  Above my pay grade, lol.

Yeah it gets frustrating, but I love them just the same.

• Like 2

I would love to give that little guy a big hug.   So he has nothing to wear in a paisley or perhaps a polka dot?  Sad.  I am just thinking outside of the (litter) box.

Yesterday my cat pulled the small blanket off of the couch and chewed and swallowed half the tag.  I was out of the room for a couple of minutes, tops.

Now I remember what my vet put him on several years ago for a few months some form of, kitty Prozac.

I hated to do it, and obviously he hasn't been on it for several years.  For what ever reason it was turning him into a mushroom.  Yes, he stopped chewing, but he also stopped being playful.  He would just sit there like a doorstop like a mushroom.   He stopped defending himself when the tuxedo cat would go at him.  He would just sit their and let that cat bite him.   So he had to be taken off the medication.  He went back to chewing.  Perhaps not as bad, but still no shoelace, tag, sheet, blanket, etc, is safe.  He will chew and swallow them all.  Entire shoelaces and large sections of bed sheets.  The one trait he has kept after being taking off the medication is that he will not defend himself.  Both cats are indoor only cats.

Edited by icemiser69
  • Sad 2

29 minutes ago, bosawks said:

Guess who was up on the roof cleaning the gutters.....

F2D42BC3-B5C9-4ECA-B3B4-16687E38DCD1.jpeg

Don’t fall Mom and if you find a big stick save it for us. I’m so happy for Alli that she has a playmate. 

• Like 3
  • Laugh 2

Snip tried fairly hard to die of something wrong with her pancreas on Thursday and Friday. Yesterday the vet made a house call with an ultrasound machine and couldn’t quite tell if it was severe pancreatitis or pancreatic cancer. She’s medicated and a little bit better today, but sitting around overthinking everything your sick cat is doing, or not doing, is a terrible way to spend a Sunday.

• Sad 19

32 minutes ago, EighteenTwelve said:

Snip tried fairly hard to die of something wrong with her pancreas on Thursday and Friday. Yesterday the vet made a house call with an ultrasound machine and couldn’t quite tell if it was severe pancreatitis or pancreatic cancer. She’s medicated and a little bit better today, but sitting around overthinking everything your sick cat is doing, or not doing, is a terrible way to spend a Sunday.

I hope that it is not as serious as it sounds, and that Snip feels better soon! Best wishes and sympathy to you both from me, Artemus Squeakifur, and Amelia Fledermaus Snotnose (my two 12 year old cats).

• Like 8

3 hours ago, EighteenTwelve said:

Aw. poor baby. I hope they can figure it all out and help her feel better. 

• Like 8

17 hours ago, praeceptrix said:

Amelia Fledermaus Snotnose

Fledermaus! I put a toy mouse on the end of a stick and encourage Girl Cat to catch die fledermaus. Maybe someday I'll get a toy bat to replace the mouse.

• Like 4