Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E04: The Apprentice

• Start Topic

After Emma asks Hook out on a real first date, Hook visits Mr. Gold and asks for his hand to be reattached so that he can embrace her with both hands. But magic always comes with a price. Henry and Mary Margaret try to offer hope to Regina when she becomes frustrated over not being able to find a cure to save a frozen Marian, and Will Scarlet attempts to break into the Storybrooke library to find a special book. Meanwhile, back in the Fairy Tale Land that was, Rumplestiltskin is after a magical box that the Sorcerer’s apprentice is guarding, and he may use Elsa’s sister Anna to help him get it.

• Love 1

Henry is Mickey Mouse? That actually makes sense. I hope he ends up a villain at some point.

Well, he does seem to be following not-so-nicely in Regina's footsteps.  That nurture thing is really working out.

“No one who has succumbed to the darkness in their heart can ever break it.”  Am I the only one now dreading the almost inevitable moment when this coincides with Regina’s storyline and Regina does? 

Huh.  Okay, the Henry/Regina scene was in her hall of evil, but I have to admit Regina showed quite a bit of grace when Henry was asking about the Robin/Marian thing. But Operation Mongoose continues to be gross and disturbing.

Snow put the baby down and was interested in Emma.  I’m almost proud. It’s been a while since that happened. The whole “Charming family sends Emma on her date like she’s going to prom” actually wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be, and almost cute.  Plus, while I don’t mind a date or so, I’m glad it didn’t turn into the episode that was mostly date.

I get it, Anna is a special, special, sparkly, shiny extra-special guest character.  But, seriously?  She gets one over on Rumple, too?  Yeah.  She’s not quite as dumb as a box of hair, but close, and that was beyond overkill, even for a special, special guest character.

So, we all knew that the hand thing would be something Hook would rue.  However, now I’m truly hoping that it backfires somehow.

Edited by Mari
  • Love 1

This episode was decent, but clearly more setup for the rest of the season than an episode unto itself. So I'd give it a B and an incomplete at the same time--its ultimate fortune may rest on what the rest of the season does with the setup.

Imp!Rumpel adds so much to the show, even if Carlyle clearly doesn't relish the role the way he did in S1, and I would TOTALLY watch a webseries of him and Anna together. They were hilarious!--and also creepy. I don't know I didn't connect the dots before now that Anna did, in fact, get back to Arendelle, but super curious to see where that stuff goes.

That reindeer is f'ing AWESOME! Kristoff and Anna are cute, though he may have more chemistry with Elsa (who was way underused tonight).

The Storybrooke stuff was, for those of us who are indifferent to Captain Swan, pretty filler. Oh Hook, it's a good thing you're pretty, because they clearly don't keep you around for your brains. You are, in fact, a big huge moron. This probably isn't how I'm supposed to feel, but I got nothing but total glee from Rumpel playing Hook like a fiddle. When you're dumb as shit and arrogant to boot, you get played. Hook's new clothes are also still underwhelming. He looks like he's trying to be in an '80s band or something.

The best part of Storybrooke was Snowing being stereotypical parents with Emma before and after her date. That was hilarious!

The whole storybook plotline continues to be so, so stupid. Rumpel didn't change his story in the storybook! That makes no sense! He didn't rewrite his past! This plot *literally makes no sense.* Though Henry as Rumpel's apprentice could potentially be interesting.

A better filler/breather episode than they usually have, but not a vitally important episode.

• Love 4

I'm having flashes of Zelena cursing Hook and that was not his finest moment.

Yes, Emma, you need to move out!

And Henry, I swear, every time I think I can't hate him more...butt out of your mothers' love lives!  Thanks!

Holy Christ, this episode was boooorrrrrrrriiiiinnnnnnnggggg!

I hate Rumple episodes.  I really do.  Robert Carlisle is a good actor and does a great job with what he's given, but goddamn, everything about his episodes are so one note.

Anna found out that her parents were afraid of Elsa and wanted to get rid of her powers!?  We figured that out from the damn movie!

Still, we got to see Sven and Kristoff.  That's a little bit of a plus.

And, ABC?  Please just release the full theme to Galavant already!  That one little bit sounds catchy and nice and it's driving me up the wall!  FULL SONG NOW!

Edited by bmoore4026
  • Love 4

The CGI on the broom was painful to watch! Very cartoony - which might have been what they were going for but it pulled me right out of the scene. I don't like where it looks like they're taking Hook. Keeping secrets from Emma is the one thing that will drive her away. Is he really that stupid??

Sooo...I pretty much straight up hate Rumple with the fire of a thousand suns.  At this point, I want to see him dead.  Thank God this show still has a villain that just doesn't care.  He's bad.  He knows it.  He doesn't care who he hurts to get what he wants.

I hope Killian tells Emma everything.  It's time to trust her, Killy.  And someone in this town needs to know what the hell that psycho is up to!

• Love 10

Again, Gold saves this show for me. He is such a wonderful unrepentant (well, only occasional) villain. He was masterful playing Hook. I look forward to Gold's retribution when he finds out that Henry tried to play him.

Emma and her parents were adorable.

Will Elsa ever change her clothes?

• Love 5

Hmmm this episode was good overall. I have a lot to think about.

Pros:
- Omg. The brooms!

- The Sorcerer's Apprentice dude was decent.

- "Is there something wrong with your skin?"

- The CS date was great for all of 20 seconds.

- Lady and the Tramp couple!

- Mary Margaret being all excited over the date! It's nice to see her showing some interest in her daughter.

- Hook's acting was superb.

- Can't wait for Henry to touch something in Gold's shop and unleash hell.

- Kristoff and Anna reunion!

- Well we have a new name for SQ to go by until we get her real one. Sarah!

- Sven will never cease to amuse me.

Cons:

- I'm convinced Henry is drunk, drugged, or something of the like. 

- Henry is all for OQ, but Regina knows better? What planet are they living on?!

- Hook's debt stuff with Rumple... don't like it.

- Rumple's dialog with Anna was blander than I expected.

- Charming's "protective daddy" stuff is so canned and old now. It belongs in a laugh track sitcom.

- CS is just getting fanficy now. Their kisses are becoming lackluster.

- Why is Regina not concerned with Henry being around Rumple?

I couldn't tell if Rumple was lying about the hand not being cursed or not. Hook's punches seemed out of character. The Apprentice Henry plot is going to be very interesting, plus Emma and Sarah's dealio. What the heck happened to Anastasia?

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 6

Henry is Mickey Mouse? That actually makes sense. I hope he ends up a villain at some point.

When the sorcerer's apprentice got turned into a mouse by Rumple in the past I laughed so hard.

Scenes like Emma returning from her date with her parents waiting for her on the couch are the reason I watch this show. More please.

"I CAN HEAR YOU!" , "Do you wanna come in for coffee with my parents, a newborn, and a magic ice maker?", and "Is that a corset? Where's the rest of the dress?" were definitely some of my fave moments in the episode.

• Love 13

Killian has learned his lesson after the Zelena thing, right? He's going to tell Emma everything this time, right? She's going to need to know about that hat since, you know, magic. Everything was going so well! Ugh!

As much as the Hook/Gold thing seemed a bit contrived, I LOVED Colin and Robert working together. Loved!

But seriously, tell Emma, you stupid pirate.

Really enjoyed the Charmings waiting for Emma when she got home. So sweet!

Really liked that last little bit with Scarlet and the book. Can't wait to see where they go with that.

• Love 6

Okay, my favorite things:

• "I don't pillage and plunder on the first day, just so you know." "That's because you haven't been out with me yet."
  • I had an actual "awww" moment with Henry saying he wanted Emma to be happy.
  • Snowing and everything to do with Emma's date was the most adorable thing in forever and the first time I haven't hated Snow in a while in regards to Emma
  • SparkleDark! Rumple in the past.. then having him bested by Anna was a twist I didn't see coming.

My issues

• I honestly don't believe Hook would be that stupid (in love idiot or not) to get into such a deal with Rumple. Sacrifice for plot, ugh.
  • I also think he learned his lesson the last time he didn't tell Emma the truth. She says she trusts him, she'd believe him over Rumple, especially if he explained about the dagger thing. So either Hook could ask Emma to have Belle summon Rumple with the dagger (proving Hook is right about Rumple lying when it doesn't work), or Belle does and could force Rumple to tell the truth about everything. Boom. End of plot angst, and Hook would be smart enough to figure that out. Just.. UGH.
  • Henry's duplicity with Rumple was interesting, but someone please teach the boy to sweep.
  • Special effects issues, but those typically go without saying.
  • Rumple is still a lying liar who lies and appears to have regressed completely, without any reason other than power, because he no longer has getting to Bae and having him forgive him as a goal, yet he has no issues of continued duplicity with the wife he supposedly loves? Um.. 

Not sure how I feel about the Apprentice stuff in the show. It suddenly appears, unprotected in a house that wasn't there before for Rumple's honeymoon, but the apprentice is still in town? Huh? Seems like a major plot hole to me.

Edited by OnceUponSomeChaos
  • Love 6

I'm happy to see all this Rumple hate. I thought I was in the only Once fan who didn't like. I never had, but it seems some are turning from previously liking him. I don't see the Robery Carlyle hype either. so I'm probably alone on that one.

Continuing with the episode, I loved the parent Charmings scenes, especially when Emma would mumble things like "I can hear you". Poor Hook, I hate how Rumple now has "permanent" control over him. I like that their dat ewent well though.

I wish there was more Snow Queen and Elsa in this episode but Anna was great! I like how the mouse help her thwart Rumple. The fairybacks outdid the Storybrooke scenes this episode. 

And lol at Henry being Mickey Mouse. It makes total sense, especially to me because I find Mickey Mouse annoying.

Edited by Bluerang1
  • Love 6

This episode may be a turning point for Henry, as I think there is some darkness lurking in his heart.  He told Regina she should be happy that Marian is frozen - that seems out of character for younger Henry who wanted good to win over evil.  Now he is the apprentice to the dark one (despite his intention of just gathering intel,)and that may accelerate his descent into darkness, making for a more interesting plot line for him.  

• Love 9

If Hook was eyeing me on the date like that, I'd be downing that booze so fast...

That said, Rumpel continues to be one shady son of a bitch.  Not sure if I should be enjoying that or rolling my eyes at the all the talk. 

• Love 2

This is like, the fourth week in a row now that I've wondered how the hell long a crew has to sit there filming a reindeer to get Sven's reactions because they're so perfect that I just can't take it.

Anna remains delightful. "Is something wrong with your skin?!" indeed.

Can we please just give the Charmings, Hook, and Elsa their own spinoff? (The rest of the Frozen gang can come, too.) Because between Snow acting as if Emma was going off to prom (and OMG I HAD that Polaroid camera when I was 10) and Charming all uncomfortable and Elsa being a supportive friend, I was grinning like an idiot. And Emma's "I can still hear you!" after coming home was just icing on the cake.

And seriously, show, teasing me with the Snow Queen/Emma stuff is not nice. I want to know now!

• Love 12

And Henry, I swear, every time I think I can't hate him more...butt out of your mothers' love lives!  Thanks!

Yup.  Not saying Hook is completely reformed and awesome, but I don't think someone who is helping Mom R the mass murderer in all sorts of cavy shenanigans should really get judgey about Mom E's somewhat less murderous-at-least-as-reformed-as-Mom R-boyfriend. 

Edited by Mari
  • Love 4

Will Elsa ever change her clothes?

Unfortunately not. I read that it's to do with her still being a fresh Disney icon, they can't change her look. PLus I guess it makes sense since she has no family or place in Storybrooke. And no one seems to want to lend her clothes.

"Is that a corset? Where's the rest of the dress?"

I thought that was a clever line at first, but it really doesn't make any sense, because  the only difference between Emma's dress and Elsa's in terms of coverage is the sleeves, and Elsa's looks like it's made of much thinner material.

• Love 1

Chaos -- Good to see I wasn't the only one bugged by Henry's sweeping. How are you going to be able to work undercover when you can't even sweep properly to hide your ruse?

And PS -- what mother says, "I'm so desperate to get my happy ending I'm going to let my only child work undercover for that evuil pawn shop owner when the kid can barely act his way out of a paper bag."

• Love 5

I kind of hated Rumple too... taking advantage of Anna and Hook in such a mean way. Right now I dislike the "Hook owes Rumple" plot more than Regina's book author hunt.

What's with Henry's book logic? Rumple somehow changed the book to get his happy ending? There's a screw loose.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 5

This episode really didn't do much for me. I already knew Rumple is a master manipulator who cares more for power until his personal life is threatened and then he'll be wooby again. Even the Captain Swan scenes weren't that exciting. Will looking for Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and the torn out page of the Red Queen got me more excited than anything else in the episode.

Yup.  Not saying Hook is completely reformed and awesome, but I don't think someone who is helping Mom R the mass murderer in all sorts of cavy shenanigans should really get judgey about Mom E's boyfriend. 

Considering Henry's past view's on his moms' boyfriends, and how they frequently are the opposite of mine, it's actually a relief that he's not that cool about Hook. The kid liked Walsh is all I'm saying.

• Love 3

How freakin' long is Hook going to owe him?  That's the whole question.  And Hook is a moron for letting himself be manipulated that way.  He should know better.

So now, is Will also going to blackmail Hook?  Is he going to pull a VHS and be like well, you know, I got this from the surveillance camera at the library!!!

• Love 5

Rumple just annoys me, I don't mind him being a villain. I mind him being such a blatant villain while Belle defends him and looks a fool because she thinks he's not a villain. Henry's comments about Rumple getting his happy ending makes me wonder if that "happy ending" won't blow up in his face with his blatant villain actions.

I hate they made Hook an idiot just for this plot of he must do Rumple's bidding. Hook and Rumple have been around for hundreds of years together, Hook would know better than to think there wasn't a trick with the hand coming back on.

Hook and Emma's date was cute, loved the change in wardrobe for them both. The picture taking by Snow, them waiting up for her, David's disapproving, Emma saying Hook was 300 years old. lol

Why wouldn't Henry be fine with Hook and Emma dating, before the curse was lifted Henry loved spending time with him. 

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 9

Cons:

- I'm convinced Henry is drunk, drugged, or something of the like. 

Is it too much to hope that Henry's totally just going along with Regina here and secretly thinks this is the dumbest idea ever but it's the only way to get Regina to get it through her head that she needs to take some kind of responsibility for herself and her path? Because season 1 Henry would totally be smacking his season 4 self upside the head for being such a naive twit.

• Love 13

I thought that was a clever line at first, but it really doesn't make any sense, because  the only difference between Emma's dress and Elsa's in terms of coverage is the sleeves, and Elsa's looks like it's made of much thinner material.

lol yeah, I thought that too, after. It was more about Emma having someone else seeing her off on her date. (I'm also that friend who questions what people wear when I'm no better, shhh)

• Love 2

I didn't hear any name for the Sorcerer's apprentice, so I'm calling him Methuselah for now.

Snow caring about Emma! Snow going full on mommy-excited-about-her-daughter's-date! With pictures! And wanting to talk about said date! Where the hell has this Snow been?

I don't know if Hook's hand was evil or not, but if that's evil, Lindsey's evil hand on Angel is like evil up to eleven.

I loathe this make the author write Regina a happy ending storyline. It's a crappy redemption arc, and it really highlights some awful parenting. Having Henry spend more time in the Crypt of Evil, manipulating people...feh. And Rumpel hasn't even changed his ways so it's just dumb to look to him. The idiocy in just this storyline makes me grit my teeth. Though, to be fair, the idiot ball was really passed around in this episode.

"Oh that's what that place was. I just thought it was a poorly stocked pub." Heh.

When Emma was chasing the Snow Queen I yelled, "Stop! Or my daughter will shoot!" Why yes, I do want that spinoff of Emma and Charming as co-sheriffs of Storybrooke.

Someone needs to teach Henry how to sweep because that was pitiful. That store isn't going to sweep itself!

• Love 8

Considering Henry's past view's on his moms' boyfriends, and how they frequently are the opposite of mine, it's actually a relief that he's not that cool about Hook. The kid liked Walsh is all I'm saying.

Ha!  Very true. 

What annoyed me about it was Henry said that right before heading to Regina's vault, where he was surrounded by her . . . evil loot.  Once there, he proceeded to tell her to be glad someone was cursed, and then decided to deceive his grandfather and help his evilon/eviloffagain mother do whatever she has to do to get a happy ending that I still haven't figured out the logic of?

The hypocrite flavor was a little strong for me.

• Love 5

Can't Hook just tell Emma everything that happened, then she'll understand? I found the tape stuff to be absolute crap. Emma knows Hook is many things, but a liar isn't one of them. If Rumple wants to go after Hook for blackmail, then he'd have to go through pretty much the whole cast. But no - we're going to keep Hook stupid for the angst!

After this episode, I cannot wait for Rumple's lies to crumble in front of him.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 13

Other than last season's finale, this was my favorite episode by far.

I really enjoy Rumple and Hook's interactions.  I like their little team of evil and the blackmailing each other and one upping each other.  "If you hurt Belle...if you hurt Emma..." I don't think Emma or Belle will be all that excited about this partnership.  I can't imagine that Hook can really keep this from Emma, or, maybe she won't care.  Belle's not smart enough to see what happening.

I like Henry becoming the apprentice, I was worried it would be Hook.  I like the storylines tying in together, with Hook, Rumple, Henry, Regina, Anna, etc.

I was so glad to see Anna get the upper hand on Rumple.  I still think the mystery house must be the Snow Queen's.

I don't see why it's a big deal if Hook punched WIll.  He was trying to break in and Hook stopped him, no big deal.

The DATE-- I admit to rooting for Mary Margaret, she was the voice of the shippers tonight.  The photos, the wanting all the details.  Aaaah.  Emma's got it bad.  She was starry eyed.  I do wonder what Henry is thinking not "approving" of Hook when his other mother is the "Evil Queen."

• Love 5

- Lady and the Tramp couple!

Not only that, CS's waiter was Tony himself. Was expecting the accordion to come out if not for Will.

This episode was a cute one. Not so much a filler but I sense this was more of a "advancing the season" arch than so much the Frozen/Snow Queen storyline.

Can't Hook just tell Emma everything that happened, then she'll understand? I found the tape stuff to be absolute crap. Emma knows Hook is many things, but a liar isn't one of them. If Rumple wants to go after Hook for blackmail, then he'd have to go through pretty much the whole cast. But no - we're going to keep Hook stupid for the angst!

Yeah, I wish Hook would just pull Emma to the side and tell her everything that happened. This would show the character is making progress than regression.

I don't know what to make of Will Scarlett.

• Love 3

Operation Mongoose continues to make me want to puke.

Why does Henry suddenly believe changing the book will change real life? He understood that the book was a record when the series began. By that rationale, the author should be able to solve any problem and right any wrong.

If Henry really believes that changing the book will change people's lives, why has it not occurred to him to have the author change Neal's story so he lives? Change Emma's story so she didn't grow up an orphan or change his own story so that he always had Emma in his life? I mean, if you're going to re-write the book why only change Regina's story? (And I'm still not clear what changes she wants made to her story, specifically)

• Love 11

My issues

• I honestly don't believe Hook would be that stupid (in love idiot or not) to get into such a deal with Rumple. Sacrifice for plot, ugh.
  • I also think he learned his lesson the last time he didn't tell Emma the truth. She says she trusts him, she'd believe him over Rumple, especially if he explained about the dagger thing. So either he could force Emma to have Belle summon him with the dagger (proving Hook is right about Rumple lying), or Belle has and could force Rumple to tell the truth about everything. Boom. End of plot angst, and Hook would be smart enough to figure that out. Just.. UGH.

Yes, it's utterly out of character. There is no way in my mind that Hook would go to Rumple for the hand. He knows better, and we know he knows better. But, again, they're sacrificing character for plot and plastic angst. I expected nothing else. Obviously Emma would believe him if he told her. 

The only good thing is that Colin and Robert play off each other so very well.

Sven continues to be awesome.

I dearly loved Charming's facial expressions after Emma came home from the date. Josh did great there.

Again, the rewriting the book plot is STUPID.

Edited by Souris
  • Love 7

You know, this episode really did highlight the idiocy of the "Regina forces someone to give her happy ending" plot.

Their example of a villain who'd gotten his happy ending was Rumple . . . Rumple who's only gotten a happy ending if the only goal is to get married.  Rumple who lost his son--who he seems to have loved far more than Belle--and who is now lying to and scheming behind the back of his "happy ending."

Regina's got just as much to be happy about in her life as Rumple does, she's just too hyperfocused on the next thing she's decided will be her happy ending, since Henry alone didn't make her absolutely perfectly happy at all times.

Is it at all possible that the writers realize this and are doing it on purpose?  I keep hoping they're doing stuff on purpose, and then my hopes are completely dashed.

Edited by Mari
  • Love 9

Hook really shouldn't have been surprised that Rumple tried to get the upper hand (ha) because A) it's Rumple, that's what he does and B) Hook was doing what all blackmailers do: hold the same leverage over and over again to get something he wants. A person can never pay off a blackmailer and expect said blackmailer to let it lie. They always want more.

• Love 9

I hope Hook would tell Emma, she'd believe him over Gold. She'd also probably find it endearing Hook did all this in the first place because he wanted 2 hands to hold her on their date. Even if Hook tells her off screen and we have no idea, it would be a good twist if they were working together secretly on their own mission to find out what Gold is up to.

• Love 4

This is the Rumple that I love - manipulative and creepy as hell, plus willing to do whatever it takes to get what he wants. I was getting so tired of sad and pathetic Rumple. This show is so much better when he's the villain. Now, I just need Regina to get back on her game.

Loved, loved, loved Snow and Charming sitting on the couch waiting for Emma to get back from her date! The three of them work so well when they do the family thing, and you can see the awkward cuteness. I think the show writers really need to explore their parent-child relationship more.

• Love 4

Anyone else giggling over the cursed hand thanks to that Treehouse of Horror episode? Another giggle - Snow Queen leaving a trail of ice like a slug. I loved all the Charming family stuff. Did we miss a scene where Emma explained to Elsa why her parents are her age? So, I've been thinking who would be a good actor for The Sorcerer by thinking through Disney owned stuff. James Earl Jones or Anthony Hopkins would be nice if they want to slum it on TV.

• Love 1

Someone needs to teach Henry how to sweep because that was pitiful. That store isn't going to sweep itself!

Considering that Henry had the magic broom, the store probably DOES sweep itself. It was already spotless, anyway, crappy sweep job wasn't going to matter.

• Love 4

I loved all the Charming family being cute about Emma's date. The dress was pretty and Elsa's "That's just the girdle, right?" reaction was fun.

Now with Emma tracking all sorts of Crime and Henry working "a few days" for grandpa Rumpie, how is Emma going to find a new place?

While it good to see that Rumple and Killian still have their edge, I want Killian to spill the full, sordid tale to Emma. They don't have to try to "destroy" his marriage to Belle; they just have to either figure out a sting. Folks need to quit trying to threaten Belle, either with physical violence or emotional. That opens up the other party's loved one(s) to the same, which you'd think Killian would actually remember.

I always wonder about folks who have been played by Rumple ( or really, any Bad People), then Rumple says something that seems definitive, but they believe this new statement without any skepticism.  "I need you to poison this man."/"It was really an antidote."/Yeah, I lie."/"Your parents feared your sister."   Then we get Anna all "Kristoff, my folks really were afraid of Elsa and wanted to use this box to take her powers away."  At best, Rumple is an unreliable narrator; at worst, he's a straight-up liar.  Just once, I'd like to see someone come in desperate, but not so desperate that they take the contract and whip out a glass to read the small print! Carlyle/Rumple's reaction would be awesome!

Not sure about Henry working at the Pawn shop, but if we see him with lots of the cute CG brooms and a flooded shop?  I can live with that.  While I am glad that Henry is trying to be supportive of Regina, I am still hating the agreeance to Operation: Mongoose.  The more Henry is made to say that Regina was written incorrectly or wrongly, I hate the writers a little more.  I hated that Henry was "Aren't you glad that the True Love's Kiss failed?"  I liked that Regina did not agree with Henry.

I am not sure that I am liking the pitch black hair on Henry.  The brown was fine.  He has a blonde mom and a dark-haired dad. It doesn't have to be as dark as Regina's hair.

There was a lot of talk about how to grab hold of the protected hat and what it is supposed to do, as well of a perfectly terrifying act it can do. What happens if Emma gets hold of it? Or Elsa? The show tends to dwell on 'This is what happens if Bad Folk use this,' as opposed to "This is what happens if Good People use this."  While stopping Bad Folk is important, our limited number of actual white magic users tend to get minimized or forgotten or made stupid. I am hoping that this is the story of how Emma embraces her positive, loving magic.

The Apprentice? Kick-ass! Even in mouse form, he does what he can to do the Right Thing and his duty. Hopefully, we have Emma's magic mentor.  We just need to get him back. (Since The Apprentice was implied to be the 'new star' in the hat's 'galaxy', how many others are in the hat and why?! )

I am taking the spaghetti-eating couple at the restaurant to be Lady and Tramp. It's my head cannon and I'm sticking to it.  Whether they have kids, well, if they do, some can have playdates with Prince Snowflake.

Again, so glad that Emma got some nice downtime and a quiet dinner with Killian. She looked fab and we got Parents' First Date Snowing!

• Love 3

What is with the costuming? Belle continues to have the worst outfits and Hook and Emma looked like they were in a high school production of Grease.

I knew Emma and Hook's date outfits reminded me of clothing from a musical, but I couldn't remember the name. Honestly, I was expecting them to break out in song and go to a drive-in for their date.

Why does Henry suddenly believe changing the book will change real life? He understood that the book was a record when the series began. By that rationale, the author should be able to solve any problem and right any wrong. 

^This. So much this.

Considering that Henry had the magic broom, the store probably DOES sweep itself. It was already spotless, anyway, crappy sweep job wasn't going to matter.

Magic broom > Henry. Also, the magic broom isn't going along with the idiotic Operation Mongoose, so more points to the broom that doesn't call Regina a hero.

Edited by El Seed
  • Love 5