Type keyword(s) to search

Season Two: Bring The Popcorn and Discuss!

I am so glad this show is back, because I need some new one-liners:

It's like 1976 down there.

I have stage four soaker eye blindness. (best sob story line. ever.)

The soft spot on his head hasn't even closed up yet.

That looks like an eraser.

When's the last time you went to a doctor that didn't look like your grandchild?

Self-discovery is a special time.

And I've missed the middle Granny and her wine sippy cup. Along with the little beige dog, PeeWee, that always falls asleep on the back of the sofa.

• Love 6

I love this show MORE than my luggage!!! Bravo needs to film them watching the Goodices sentencing. I'd pay $$$. Or have a contest where the prize is to watch TV with the group of your choice (me: Zeno's or the Julie & Brandy).

ETA: names

Edited by DrSparkles
  • Love 3

The soft spot on his head hasn't even closed up yet.

My personal favorite!  That and "Dear Lord help my family" and "her armpits look like toast!"

What happened to the ginormous dog at the 4 sisters and dad house?  He actually said something funny.

• Love 2

The mother in the bed was starting to remind me of the Manzo woman, and not in a good way. The sex talk from the son was hilarious, to me. I never ever walked in on my parents, thank God, because I'd probably be blind if I had.

• Love 1

I am so happy this show is back - I look forward to it every week.  When I'm watching an outrageous scene on TV, I often imagine my favorite couch people's reactions (Zenos, Julie&Brandy/dogs, and the 3 gay guys) and wonder what will make it on to next week's show.

• Love 3

I love this show MORE than my luggage!!!

Thanks DrSparkles!  My mother used to say this to us about us all the time.  She passed 5 years ago and this is the first time since then I have heard it.

I didn't like that this show went to a full hour last season but either I have managed to accommodate the hour or they are doing the hour more effectively.  I like how they tell you what show is next so if I don't care to see a recap of the Manzos I can run to the kitchen for a snack.....

I am back in!

• Love 3

Tonight's episode was so great!

American Horror Story: Freak Show; Homeland; Are You the One? And Dance Moms, with a dance called Amber Alert (yeah...wow. baddest taste ever.) -- all got great snark.

I think my faves were DWTS, featuring Alfonso Ribeiro, and the new Hollywood Divas, a train wreck if ever I saw one.

(Is there any question that Alfonso will be the DWTS winner this season? The Couch people LOVED him!)

Oh and a reality show about a guy in a small town who's been shooting a zombie movie for the last SIX years. All the actors are residents of the town, oy, and the special effects are just what you'd expect. Great stuff for the People's Couch.

http://zombieresearchsociety.com/archives/26475

I gotta pay better attention to the cast here because I don't like calling them the grannies and the gay guys, etc. They do SUCH a great job, I promise to show more respect and learn the names as the season continues.

Edited by sleekandchic
  • Love 1

I think my faves were DWTS, featuring Alfonso Ribeiro,

I loved how they all heard the song and got excited, and everyone was so geeked to see the dance and joined in.

I would never want to be on reality TV and have terrible people (like myself) talk about me, but I would throw all caution to the wind and TOTALLY enter a contest to sit on the Couch with the People. I would almost definitely choose Julie and Brandy (I see Julie is in an upcoming ep of that Mindy Kaling show btw). Runners up would be Gay Best Friends. I have begrudgingly come around to the Zenos, but they lay all over one another and I would feel awkward. Although conversely, how fun would it be to see me laying up in the middle of the Family Bed? Zeno = member of the family. Family Bed = who the fuck is this chick?? One of these things is not like the other ... one of these things just doesn't belong ... LOL.

• Love 4

(Paraphrasing; I don't remember this word for word)

From American Horror Story:  Freak Show

JImmy, who just killed a police officer who was trying to arrest Bette, who killed her mother:  "...They put us down.  And when you keep putting good people down, eventually they fight back."

Rashawn Zeno:  "But you're not good people."

Thank you.  That's exactly what's wrong with the first episode of Freak Show.  I think we (the audience) are supposed to sympathize with the "freaks" because people make fun of them, but the "freaks" keep killing people, so it's a little hard to sympathize.

• Love 5

I have never watched that Dance Moms show, and I was truly horrified by that Amber Alert shit.  Give me zombies, murderous clowns and serial killers, please.

Floved them all watching American Horror - their reactions were better than the show!

The Zenos definitely have the best looking snacks.

• Love 2

Ya'll mean to tell me that when Family Bed family was watching and the father asked his (older?) son where do ya'll meet girls these days, nobody in here was like, saywhatnow?   Be honest. 

Oh my god! I haven't seen the ep yet, but this made me laugh!

• Love 1

Ya'll mean to tell me that when Family Bed family was watching and the father asked his (older?) son where do ya'll meet girls these days, nobody in here was like, saywhatnow? Be honest.

I'll admit it. I said "GIRLS?" out loud.

Both of those boys are pinging, not that there's anything wrong with that!

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 2

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who thinks that! I've been wanting to mention it for a while but didn't want to say it first.

The dad kept saying "girls" like he was trying to convince somebody.

But like I said....nothing wrong with it!!

Just caught up. So many good lines this week!

Everyone watching Freak Show was hilarious. The comment about drunk white girls dressing up as the two headed lady was so funny. Also the Zeno family: "I ain't never going to another carnival again." "Even if the tickets are free." "Especially if they're free!" 

Also, I love the black sisters too - "Ohhh, you're supposed to sex AFTER the money..." And while watching the horror movie: "Who would do that?" Amanda raises her hand..."Who ELSE would do that?" And the older ladies: "You don't have hi-fi wi-fi."

Family Bed dad razzing his son about dating was pretty funny. I think little Sam is a cutie, whichever way he swings. The three sisters continue to be my least favorite. The sister on the left though looks good with shorter hair.

Family Bed discussing edible panties....no thanks. Everyone doing the Carlton dance, yes please.

I don't watch DWTS, but when I saw The Carlton on GMA, I got up and danced along with him. That was the highlight of this episode for me. That, and the American Horror reactions. Priceless, as always.

What amazes me is how fast they get these episodes put together. About a week, right?

• Love 2

Ya'll mean to tell me that when Family Bed family was watching and the father asked his (older?) son where do ya'll meet girls these days, nobody in here was like, saywhatnow?   Be honest.

GURL. Even his daddy didn't believe that one. I think he might have been trying to ease him out the closet. LOL. I know, 'cause I've had that conversation! They both used to ping like crazy for me, but now the older one is just slightly less "ping"-ier. Is that Sam?

The younger one, though - time to gather up your belongings, young sir, and become the 4th Best Friend!

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who thinks that! I've been wanting to mention it for a while but didn't want to say it first.

'Nah, I purchased that Handbasket back on TWoP. :)

The dad kept saying "girls" like he was trying to convince somebody.

But like I said....nothing wrong with it!!

I think he might have been trying to get him to tell him otherwise, actually. But c'mon, dad, not on TV! Wrong place, wrong time. Wasn't the horror of the edible panties and morning sex with mom not enough? (And lock your damned doors, btw.)

Edited by SnarkKitty
  • Love 2

Rashawn is kind of quiet but seems to like his parents, or at least tolerate their antics while on the couch with them. I enjoy the easy family relationships in the Egbar bed, but yeah. The father's dating comments definitely caused some raised eyebrows on my end.

There was maybe too much armpit-smelling going on, but all the exuberant dancing was fun.

I really want Blake, Scott, and Emerson to join up with Brandy and Julie.

I'll admit it. I said "GIRLS?" out loud.

Both of those boys are pinging, not that there's anything wrong with that!

LOL!! Not one single thing. But I was like awww dad, we need to talk. Bless his heart.

I thought the dad was joking because both of the boys gave him the side-eye, like a "not funny dad!"  Because I even laughed when he said it.

Also the Zeno family: "I ain't never going to another carnival again." "Even if the tickets are free." "Especially if they're free!"

This was the funniest part of the entire episode.  That and the mom demanding the cinnamon buns.

• Love 1

If I'm brutally honest, I thought this show looked beyond stupid when I saw the commercials for it. But I caught an episode one night and now I am hooked! The Zeno family is the absolute best! Love love love them. 

Since this is "reality" TV, I am curious to see what parts of the show you guys think are real and what parts are fake. My feeling is that the show is real in that it is not scripted and the people on the couches are actually friends/family.

What strike me as fake are the following: 

• That these people actually get together and watch TV shows with one another 
  • Their homes--almost all of them look like sets and they all look so uncomfortable 
  • Their reactions to the TV shows--while I don't think they are scripted, I do think that most of their reactions are played up for the cameras
Edited by Hava
  • Love 2
Hava, I think they film in their actual homes, according to the link I posted above. And the show started with people talking about who/how they watch TV, so I think that part is true. As for their reactions, I tend to believe them. I am now catching myself and my own reactions when I am watching my shows. :)
  • Love 1

What strike me as fake are the following:

That these people actually get together and watch TV shows with one another

Their homes--almost all of them look like sets and they all look so uncomfortable

Their reactions to the TV shows--while I don't think they are scripted, I do think that most of their reactions are played up for the cameras

I caught a whiff of this last season, but it seems to me that they're playing up to the cameras much more this season. I guess it's understandable - the better, i.e., more entertaining, your reaction is, the more screen time you're going to get, but it takes me out of the moment when I see someone being a little OTT .

• Love 2

I would guess the couchies are viewing preview tapes.

They couldn't, with SNL, at least. Could they?

There's no mail, personal items, family photos

The father and daughter have family photos behind them. The two ladies with the dogs have stuff all over the coffee table, the throws on the back of the sofa for the dogs, etc.

I think it's their real homes (the insides anyway). I imagine they may have decluttered a bit to look nicer on TV. I'm sure the rooms don't always look that nice, but I would think most people would clean up a bit if they knew their house was going to be on TV. I would imagine the outsides are fake. They are all waaaay too nice (landscaping/lawn, etc).

Since everyone doesn't watch all the shows, I wonder if they have to commit to watching a certain number of shows a week. It actually sounds like quite a commitment! I love how they haven't seen a lot of the shows before so their shock and disbelief at some of them is funny.

• Love 1

They couldn't, with SNL, at least. Could they?

The father and daughter have family photos behind them. The two ladies with the dogs have stuff all over the coffee table, the throws on the back of the sofa for the dogs, etc.

Good question. You got me there.

• Love 1

I think they've removed a lot of their personal stuff for their own protection.  You never know when some whacko is going to obsess, zoom into the pictures to figure out where one of the kids is going to school (for example) and show up there.  So, if it looks a little sterile, so be it.  They don't disguise the fact that most of the adults are enjoying adult beverages.

• Love 5

I think they've removed a lot of their personal stuff for their own protection.  You never know when some whacko is going to obsess, zoom into the pictures to figure out where one of the kids is going to school (for example) and show up there.  So, if it looks a little sterile, so be it.  They don't disguise the fact that most of the adults are enjoying adult beverages.

Yes, ITA.  And as for the exteriors, I suspect those aren't their real homes so some other whacko doesn't drive around LA (or wherever they are) looking for the houses.

I was actually just watching last weeks episode and the Jerseyesque sisters have two personal pictures behind them. The other places all seem like real homes to me not everyone have pictures hanging around in every room.