Type keyword(s) to search

Season Two: Bring The Popcorn and Discuss!

I also think it's pretty easy to film this show. There's one camera and it seems to be mounted right above or near their televisions. You never see it pan. Once the camera and mics are set up, there is probably no need for any crew to be in their home, it might all be done by remote.

"Mark, where are you, dude? We still haven't seen you, bro."

Zeno dad's reaction to The Walking Dead was priceless. Zeno dad yodeling earlier in the episode, too.

"If one of my friends' moms slept with my friend's husband, I would be getting up and announcing that AT the Christmas party. He slept with a woman named Santa!" Julie and Brandy remind me so much of my girlfriend and I.

The sisters never contribute anything. Either set of them. Nor do the family on the couch with the three daughters. I'm not too much a fan of the elderly ladies, either (that's got to be an unpopular opinion).

I would love a show with the Zeno family, the family in the bed, Julie and Brandy and the  gang of awesome gay guys.

ETA: It cracked me up when the families saw Donnie Wahlberg and said, "That's what Jenny McCarthy married." And then Jenny calls him, we see her and I think, "Actually, he's probably out of her league." She looks awful.

Edited by ScullyInApt42
  • Love 2

I'm surprised how much I like this show.  My favorites are the Zeno family. Last week when the mom said she was glad she didn't have to worry about a stranger kidnapping the son by offering him candy and the son said something like, "ya got WiFi?".  Also, I agree last night the dad yodeling was hilarious.  I rewound it to show my husband.  I really like that family.  The kid seems like he actually enjoys spending time with his parents.

• Love 3
I'm not too much a fan of the elderly ladies,either (that's got to be an unpopular opinion),

I don't really like them either. The only funny thing I ever saw them do was ramble about something unrelated to the show while they were supposed to be watching.

I thought the elderly ladies were funny when they watched "The Affair", but I agree that most of the time they are kind of just there. Although, my favorite of the ladies is the rich one with the blonde-white hair. She looks like she can throw shade like no one's business!

• Love 2

OK - First I want to replay Zeno Dad's reaction to TWD opener a few times:  "Can you please hit pause for one second?  {heavy sigh}  I never felt like this in my whole entire life lookin' at show ... This show is takin' me to deep dark places that I never thought I would go to ..." .   YES, YES and YES!!!

I have never wanted to steal a saying so perfectly unsuitable for my voice than a sister's reaction to Carol's walker gut masque : "Oh, she blendin".  OK.  That's smart". 

Zeno kid solves the zombie apocalypse quandary with the simple yet elegant "treadmill trap" around your home.  I Die.

Did the old bird just tell us her son brought home a LION named TOBIAS who lived in THE BACK YARD?  That the neighbors "loved"?!  As casually as I'd ask someone to pass the sherry?  Oh  but he had a harness and "only in California" was banished when Mom came to visit. 

Even I had to stop watching Monsters Inside Me - and now I remember why.  EEK, with full body shudders!!!  "I ate a slug in Fiji".

Holy Crappoli - that "Affair" show is now burning a hole in my DVR lineup ... 

I don't want to watch a make-over show ever again because Queer Eye did it with kind humor a long time ago and now it's all about the shaming or so it seems.

• Love 5

OK - First I want to replay Zeno Dad's reaction to TWD opener a few times:  "Can you please hit pause for one second?  {heavy sigh}  I never felt like this in my whole entire life lookin' at show ... This show is takin' me to deep dark places that I never thought I would go to ..." .   YES, YES and YES!!!

Zeno kid solves the zombie apocalypse quandary with the simple yet elegant "treadmill trap" around your home.  I Die.

Hilarious! My favorite parts of this episode as well!

• Love 1

Just discovered this show and I adore it.

You all have pretty much covered all the greatest hits.

But no one's mentioned the quick knowing looks the gay guys gave each other when Chrisley appeared on the screen.

• Love 5

I like the variety of couchers even if some of them aren't all that quippy. The old ladies add their special sauce, as do both sets of sisters. There are enough funny lines overall to make me snort, and the rest of the fun is just watching everyone's expressions.

The Donnie vs Mark Wahlberg convo was unintentionally hilarious. I don't know the difference either.

• Love 4

Just saw my first episode and it has instantly become my new favorite show.  I was laughing my ass off.  And I definitely have to get one of those neck pillows like the boys in the bed watching with their parents use.  I want to move in with the Zenos.  

• Love 1

The old ladies need to stay, just for the occasional "hi-fi-wi-fi"  and "we used to have a lion"-type comments.  

Zenos are the best - the treadmills!  But most of all, the little backstories that come out, usually to their son's amazement.  Let's see, what has Mom Zeno revealed?  She did body building, maybe won a dance contest?  There were other things as well --  I just love how she drops these amazing "how on earth have you never mentioned this?" bits of info on her astounded son.   

• Love 3

How in the world did this silly show become my favorite thing to watch every week? It crept up on me like invisible ghosts in a sanatorium.

The three daughters and Dad screaming while watching Constantine was good but my favorite part was the dog's reaction. "Wha? Who? Do I need to panic?"

Also the random shots of the gay guy on the right primping his hair and eating. I need to see those three Kathy Najimy costumes!

This was a good episode for me because I'm familiar with most of the shows. Last Chance Kitchen, indeed. I didn't know about the Botched reunion show, but I saw enough second hand. Thank you, PC!

• Love 4

Joe Resnick, on Botched:  "Why aren't these people seeing psychiatrists?"

I like it when the couchies say exactly what everyone watching these shows are thinking.

Also, I demand that Blake/Scott/Emerson take a picture of whatever they finally choose to wear on Halloween and post it to Instagram.

• Love 2

I LOVED the old lady on the left talking about the person she knows who had gender reassignment surgery. She said he had everything changed, then added "still ugly though"

I died.

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 6

"Oh HELL no!" was the phrase of the night. I love watching people watch horror flicks. And loved when Ch. 4's helicopter made an appearance (well, sound) because if you live in L.A. you know they are always there for every little car chase.

"Did you hear about all these people dressing up like clowns and walking around the city? I hope I don't see one. That's the night I go to jail."

"It just makes me want calamari."

"I don't think Hallmark has any cards for 'I'm sorry I slept with a demon that looks like you.' "

"She ain't no damn alive!"

"Furcifer...Lucifer's gay brother!"

"Girl, four wheels/no flats, we rolling!"

"She's definitely not getting laid after this show"

"You practically served them Bambi, still walking around"

"Macy Gray's going home?"

"We ain't got the cure for cancer yet and they doing all this?"

"Maybe they should have left that iron curtain up."

• Love 7

This was my second episode and, just like the first one I watched, it made me roar with laughter.  I live alone and watch tv alone so this show validates all my thought bubbles.  And I simply love the idea of watching people watching television....it's so meta!  The Zenos always have the best snacks.

• Love 5

And the Resnick's ginormous brown dog was back!

My favorite was the ghost hunter show where the People are all perplexed because they can't see the "face" that the lady on the show claims to see.  "What?"  "What is there?"  "There's nothing there!"

• Love 10

The Zeno daddy: "I ain't having nothin' to do with no 666, man."

Also, when the dogs in Halloween costumes were shown, Julie was helpless with laughter. The combination of the dogs and Julie laughing pushed me from chuckling to hysteria. I just couldn't stop laughing and had to take a moment.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 1

I love this show!  Even though I don't want any of the reality shows they featured last night, I howled with laughter.  I think it's the only show on TV that I watch and laugh at/with!!  I like it too because it broadens my horizons of TV shows, gives me a glimpse of the other shows without investing time to sit and watch them.

Now I have to go watch all of Season 1!

• Love 2

Whenever the camera's on Brandy & Julie, I'm watching to see what the dogs are doing.  They are total scene-stealers!

I look forward to this show every week, because I am guaranteed to have 40 minutes of laughter and entertainment (and even a little sense of camaraderie).

Whenever the camera's on Brandy & Julie, I'm watching to see what the dogs are doing. They are total scene-stealers

Me too! When they were showing the pets on AFV, that little black and white one was pawing at Brandy's hand when she was eating.

• Love 2
they attended a Halloween party this past weekend

Thanks! Emerson did say he wanted to be naked!

I also enjoyed Princella having Rashawn get up to see which helicopter it was. Making kids fetch and do is the best part of parenting.

Bravo has a list of best quotes from Season 2. There's this one, which I forgot: "Janice Dickinson? Is she a transvestite?"

Edited by lordonia
  • Love 3

Ghost Hunter : "Is your name Jane?"

Julie : "Are you single?  Show us your tits."

Octopussy's got your password.

You guys, I have to get back to Washington.  Because I have to make sure Fitz doesn't sleep with Olivia again.

There's an eyeball on her computer.  That is not OK.

Maria Menoudos is on bulge watch.

Don't that raccoon got rabies?

How do you know Roman numerals?

• Love 1

You guys make me laugh as much as the couchies. I should nominate all of you to be on the show.

I usually don't pay too close attention to the bed family, but the dad this week was hilarious. His "WTF??" hand waving had me rolling.

During the AFV clips, one set of sisters said "my favorites are the ones with the cute animals!" and the other said, "My favorites are the dudes getting hit in the balls," and I thought: Yes, you have correctly ascertained this entire show. Geez, the Couchies usually get good pop culture fare. I wonder how AFV slipped through.

I loved Zeno dad "Give me your thoughtsss..." Protect us from the evil loitering clowns, Dad Zeno. I believe in you. Enlist the news helicopter.

I loved during the Hocus Pocus costume bit, when Middle Couch guy said, "I gave up Bette Midler to be Kathy Najimy!" and Blake on the end quickly added, "...Who is great!"  And I when Middle Couch was talking about the signed Linda Blair peas as "his most important possession," and Blake snorted "Excellent use of the word."

I loved when they played Plastic Surgery Bieber's video and Brandy says "...I can tell you exactly what's going on with his music career." And during the Janice Dickinson clip where both J & B remarked "You can't bring out a pogo stick and expect her not to use it!" I said the same thing at the same time.

And I love Bed Family son mimicking his Dad perfectly, "The one place I think is haunted..." "Is Gettysburg." It was priceless!

• Love 3

The best part was Bed Dad's reaction - he was so hurt at being predictable.  I hate it when my kids do that to me.

You guys make me laugh as much as the couchies. I should nominate all of you to be on the show.

I usually don't pay too close attention to the bed family, but the dad this week was hilarious. His "WTF??" hand waving had me rolling.

If nominated, we will serve.

Edited by meep.meep
  • Love 1
And I when Middle Couch was talking about the signed Linda Blair peas as "his most important possession," and Blake snorted "Excellent use of the word.

Okay! You made me look it up. Scott was born '80, Blake in '85, and Emerson in '84. The Exorcist came out in 1973 (when it scared me so thoroughly that I had to go sleep over at my grandmother's house for a week so I wouldn't be alone). But is it really the kind of movie that holds up 20 years later on video? I would think the effects are kind of laughable now. Or maybe it's become camp.

Edited by lordonia
  • Love 3