Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E11: Teacher's Pets

Tara Ariano

How the hell is Sasha safe? Again? Her makeup wasn't a cyclops. It was an alien. Ugh. I'll be soooo glad when she's gone. Love me some Glen tonight. His comment about how his hair looks sometimes made me laugh.

• Love 13

I don't understand why they kept Sasha.  She didn't listen to Michael Westmore and she ended up with a creature that didn't meet the requirements of the challenge.  She's the only one left that I don't like.   

I do understand why Rachael got sent home but I was sorry to see her go.  I've liked her poise and maturity.  I even got used to the purple hair, something I never thought I'd say.  She's attractive enough to carry it off.

I was hoping they'd somehow give the win to both Cyg and Drew.  They both did such a great job that I wonder how they decided between them.

• Love 5

I was pissed when they announced the safe people. The best and worst looks of the week- Dina and Sasha- were right there! Dina's was freaking adorable and amazing and I just loved it. Of those left, I liked the ginger the most. That was great, and I especially loved the detail of the whiteheads on his face and neck. I actually found the winner a bit boring. I think Rachel would have scraped through if she had just put the damn horns on and did a better beauty makeup, but alas, it was not to be. But damn, that fucking anti-cyclops should have gone home. That was awful.

• Love 4

What a fun challenge! Nice to see them step outside of the horror makeup box this season. Next week's concept looks interesting, too.

LOVED Drew's emo faun - he really nailed that. Clearly Glenn was the right choice for inspiration. And I loved the model's angsty "don't touch me" when he and Drew walked back from the judges. I'm surprised Dina's band geek goblin wasn't a top look, I thought it was pretty good.

Also surprised that Sasha was safe, since she totally blew the concept. She's done some makeups I've really liked in the past, but if she keeps flopping they're going to have to cut her loose. Though I'm sorry to see Raechel go, I'm very relieved George is still around - he's one of my favorites this year.

• Love 9

Oh Sasha. Bad enough you confessed to the camera that you wished you weren't the only one making a Cyclops,  because you generally relied on watching the others to make sure you weren't too far off the track of the challenge. But then, when you completely went off track by making some alienesque face mask with multiple eyes, and then were told in so many words by your mentor to make a one-eyed Cyclops, why didn't you listen? Especially when one of your ever-helpful competitors explained to you exactly how to adjust your sculpt to achieve the desired result quickly and you seemed to grasp the advice.  What on earth were you thinking? You didn't deserve to be safe in this challenge.

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 11

Hard to believe that the same person who did that magnificent doll make-up last week did the alien cheerleader this week.  If I had just seen them in a room together I would have thought surely two different artists did them, one obviously much more talented and experienced than the other.

Racheal's cheerleader was so bad, it wouldn't have even qualified to get her on the show to begin with if that's what she presented as a sample of her work.  Did she say she ran out of time and that's why she didn't do the projected thighs to offset the double-jointed look of the calves?  I think that even though the face was a pitiful display, especially as far into the season as we are, the model she chose wasn't doing her any favors, either.  It was the same model who was supposed to be the prom queen whose head was turned around the wrong way.  She doesn't do anything but stand there, even though there are ways she can manipulate her body in order to assist in making the overall look and silhouette  more like what the artist was trying to achieve.  If you know your boobs are supposed to be your back, then you hunch in such a way as to minimize them.  If you are supposed to be walking on animal legs, then you act like you have animal legs, dammit.  I'm not saying it would have saved Racheal, that pile of crap didn't deserve to be saved, but as models go on this show, she sucks.

I thought the underwear being pulled all the way up to the minotaur nerd's horns was brilliant and so creative.  But of the minotaurs, I must confess that I preferred the goth cow.  I thought the paint work she did was excellent and the overall look was fab.  I agree that the emo faun was the best choice for the win, but there was some real competition this week.  I loved the nerd goblin so much, and was sad they had to put that huge band hat on and cover the hair, because I thought she looked perfect before the whole band ensemble was put into place.

I am enjoying this season so much!

• Love 5

I like George a lot, but I think he should have gone home this week. That jock goblin was so unfinished and the painting looked so flat. That said, Rachael and Andrew's missteps saved Sasha. Her interpretation of Cyclops came off as just ignorant. Like she had never any Greek myths or of the Odyssey. She seems very sheltered, so I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case.  

Edited by sandwoman
  • Love 3

I was hoping they'd somehow give the win to both Cyg and Drew.  They both did such a great job that I wonder how they decided between them.

Me too, but since only one could win I'm glad they picked Drew, I really loved his emo faun. I wonder if the "don't touch me" thing the model said was planned or the guy just did it, it was really funny. They could have sent both the bottom 2 home as far as I'm concerned, but I also don't understand how Sasha was safe. She didn't even come close to meeting the challenge.  

• Love 1

Is Sasha the most inconsistent artist ever? She's either extremely good, or extremely bad. That constant quality fluctuation can't look good to potential employers. This week's entry was bad despite what the judges thought. I rolled my eyes just as hard as she did upon discovering she was safe. Though I will admit I at least appreciated the thought of a new approach to a cyclops. Perhaps if she had went with an All Seeing Third Eye in addition to the standard two eyes, for a total of 3 eyes instead dozens of eyes that her alien had.

Gina's band geek was amusing, but it looked more like a cartoon than a real, live creature. I think that's probably why she was safe instead of in a top look. Maybe if she added some more texture to the skin or better color gradations so it wasn't so smooth and uniform.

Sorry to see Rachel go, but I'm more thankful to have George still around. However, that block-headed jock was horrible. Him and Cig continue to entertain, though I could do without Cig dressing up like a companion nerd for his character.

• Love 1

I thought Sasha's reaction when she was declared safe was hysterical. Had to rewind that bit and watch it again. (I don't mind Sasha--she's clearly got some talent, and I think that a few years under more experienced designers and also maturing as a person will help her a lot).

I was a tiny bit disappointed when Glenn told Rachael that they couldn't consider the ears of her makeup b/c they were obscured by hair; I clearly remember other competitions where the judges have told the designer to pull back a wig or move a draped shirt, and what about the time they told a team to completely remove the hand prosthetics and then said "yeah, we like that a lot better"? It might not have saved Rachael, but telling her to pull the hair back so as to not cover the ears would have made the critiques a little less scathing.

The actor who modeled Drew's makeup was absolutely wonderful. I agree with others who suggested a "models of Face-off feature. Maybe a webisode? Just a really short chance to meet the faces of Face-off, and acknowledge the ones who really sell their makeups.

• Love 8

I agree with others who suggested a "models of Face-off feature. Maybe a webisode? Just a really short chance to meet the faces of Face-off, and acknowledge the ones who really sell their makeups.

Me too. It makes such a difference when the model gets into character.  Remember the one with the mouth in her stomach?...her ability to use her stomach muscles to make the mouth move really sold that look.  And there is the blond woman who almost always gets into her role (and is so enthusiastic about what has to be a tedious process).  I've gotten to the point where I look for certain models....I know if I was one of the contestants, I'd try to choose one of the more expressive models over the more stiff ones (it may be the make up/costume but some of them really do seem more wooden than others).

• Love 7

I think the judges just can't admit saving Sasha was a mistake. Dina's had mimsy. I loved Cyg's. Drew's reminded me too much of his GI Joe.I'm glad George is still around. He's just so much fun. Racheal's deserved the off. I don't think the horns would've saved her. 

I think the judges just can't admit saving Sasha was a mistake.

If this isn't the truth.  There was no way that was a cyclops.  Apparently Sasha lacks the ability to step back and self edit.  Heck, she couldn't and wouldn't accept anyone else's advice on her view of the character.  Not until the end did she admit it looked to much like an alien.  I wonder if someone else had a cyclops if she'd have done better.

I wonder if anyone clued Glen in that the one character was modeled after him.

• Love 3

I'm thinking you might have meant to type whimsy. Wictionary def. of mimsy here.

No, I meant mimsy, but just to quote Lois Burwell. I did like Dina's but it was a bit minsical. Ok...now I'm just making up words. Sorry.

• Love 3

I really enjoyed this challenge, but I'm still gobsmacked that Sasha was safe. And so was she, obviously. Hopefully she'll be gone soon, once the "save" calculus reaches an acceptable result - they can't auf her the episode after she was saved, and they then have to keep her X episodes after to justify the save, unless she just gives up. I like George, but that's two weeks in a row that he's been seriously subpar, right? I'd have put the band geek higher, and put Sasha in the bottom, just for failing on the challenge parameters so spectacularly, and in defiance of good advice. We already know they don't necessarily care about having the same number of bottom and top looks, so I can't imagine why that wasn't done, unless - save calculus.

• Love 3

"I agree with others who suggested a "models of Face-off feature. Maybe a webisode? Just a really short chance to meet the faces of Face-off, and acknowledge the ones who really sell their makeups."

"And there is the blond woman who almost always gets into her role (and is so enthusiastic about what has to be a tedious process).  I've gotten to the point where I look for certain models....I know if I was one of the contestants, I'd try to choose one of the more expressive models over the more stiff ones " .

Word to this. The blond woman was PERFECT for Dina's Nerd Goblin and Drew's was great for his Emo faun.

And talking about models...I love George's model Matt in that I'd love to do various obscene things with him AND I think that he does a great job. However one of the many, many ways that George went wrong is picking him for the dumb jock. Matt has more of a runner/swimmer body and George needed someone who is a brick wall in human form.  In fact during the show I was just going "Oh George noooooooo What are you thinking?" The skin wasn't green enough, the ears weren't pointy, the mullet was a thing of beauty though. 

I think that Sasha was saved in that while she did not do a cyclops OR a high schooler she made a decent enough other kind of makeup to be saved versus Rachael's brown painted lady with odd calves. Not that I like that she's still in but I can see why she made it through this round.

• Love 2

Yeah, Sasha's conception was way off but it looked like all the technical aspects were there, which wasn't the case with the two bottom makeups. I'm not sure what the heck was going on with Rachel's look - there wasn't anything faun about it, the makeup looked more like it was going for the texture of burned skin. Plus, no attempt at making her look like she was wearing any personal makeup - lipstick, blush, eyeshadow.

Emo Faun was fabulous, as was the poor wedgied Minotaur, but Band Goblin should have been there as well, although apparently there was something odd going on with her forehead? Didn't catch that. But the shots of her back at the studio were gold.

• Love 1

Just wanted to add, as a classical literature nerd, that Cyclops really have 2 distinguishing features - they have a single central eye and they are a race of giants. Sasha's cheerleader could have been really good - and funny - if she had gotten a correct explanation of "Cyclops" before she started designing. Where did she get the definition of "Cyclops" as "round-eyed, " I wonder?

This designer decided to ignore the basic definition of a Cyclops, and what happened next will baffle and infuriate you!

How in the hell do you decide a cyclops has a bunch of eyes? Did Sasha get confused counting from 0 to 1?

• Love 4

Argh!!!  I don't think I've ever disliked a Face Off contestant as much as I intensely dislike Sasha.  Once again, she ignores the challenge and just does what she wants, and she gets away with it.  And for the millionth time, we need to deal with her unconfident, whiny, oh-woe-is-me routine about how embarrassed she is by her creation.  God, it just grates!!  I can't believe Sasha and Rachael are the same age.  Rachael is just so much more mature.  I wish she could have got the horns on; I think she would have stayed if she did.

• Love 2

How in the hell do you decide a cyclops has a bunch of eyes? Did Sasha get confused counting from 0 to 1?

LOL!  But the thing was that she knew the Cyclops only has one eye.  When she first started talking about her design and the number of eyes, I went Oh No, she doesn't even know what a Cyclops is.  But, then she said "I know they only have one eye...".  And at that point I went, well okay, then make a Cyclops with One Eye!!! She really is a puzzle as I really loved her doll last week.  But agree she was safe because what she did was well done as compared to George and Rachel. 

I was holding my breath that George was safe.  I don't know why having to redo the top of the head to make it flat really threw George? But that was just bad.  I like Rachel's design and that she incorporated "faun calves" but the execution was just bad; so was throwing the wig.  If she would have taking a little bit more time with the hair and showed the ears it might have been better.

I really liked the top two and glad the Emo Faun won and also liked Nerdy Band Goblin.

• Love 1

Actually I saw a definition that, in Greek, Cyclops does mean “Round Eye”, but no where does it say that there are multiple eyes (of course, never having met a Cyclops, I guess I can't testify about their eye count). Sasha appears to have known what a Cyclops is and decided to go her own way (as she did creating a porcelain doll with a delicately painted clown face rather than creating a clown directly).  Sometimes risk taking works out. Sometimes it doesn't.  I personally think Sasha has talent but she should open herself to the idea that Mr. Westmore actually is trying to help her and consider taking his advice.  She has a lot to learn and it is easier to learn if you don't get stubborn about doing things your own way and excluding all advice.  If I was in that field, I'd appreciate having that kind of experience available to draw from.

• Love 2

Where did she get the definition of "Cyclops" as "round-eyed, " I wonder?

She's actually right with the cycl- related to words circle and cycle.  It comes from the belief that Cyclopes had a large round eye in the middle of their head.  That said she really did blow it with the concept.  It looked like an alien, but it wasn't a half bad looking alien (and just close enough to the challenge the judges could let it through) as opposed to the poorly done faun cheerleader and terrible goblin jock.  I did love Sasha's wide-eyed shock at being safe, though.

The actor who modeled Drew's makeup was absolutely wonderful. I agree with others who suggested a "models of Face-off feature. Maybe a webisode? Just a really short chance to meet the faces of Face-off, and acknowledge the ones who really sell their makeups.

I always thought they should do a model challenge where the models come up with a concept and then they pick the artist to do it.

• Love 4

I loooved this episode.

I loved Glen's self-deprecating comments about his own hair.  What a sweetheart.  All this goth makeup and special effect craftsmanship and he can't hide it.

I loved the emo goth kid.  I loved the model's "don't touch me!" - OMG he was so in character, that was so adorable. 

I love the new gray haired British judge whose name I forget.  Love her.  I love Mackenzie and Mr Westmore more and more every week.

I loved the shock on Sasha's face when she was saved again.  I was just as shocked!  Her only saving grace was that there were two worse makeups this week.

Rachael's cheerleader looked like a burn victim trying to cover her scars with flesh-colored plaster and a trowel, I love that she's the one that went home.

• Love 2

Ahhh....it was heartbreaking for me to see George and Rachael as the two worst. I seriously wanted both of them to make it to the finale so it broke me heart. I think George's was worse than Rachael's though.

Sasha just can't pull off what the others do. Apart from her giggly personality (a pet peeve of mine) she just isn't as good as the others. Even she said she didn't have anyone to basically copy off of this time around. I was saddened that the save couldn't be used on someone like Rachael because they threw it at Sasha.

Since they insist on doing two seasons a year, and since the number of skilled applicants is clearly diminishing and we get people who are just out of school, or people that put Halloween makeup on someone that one time, I think it's a guarantee that there will be at least one more season with returning contestants of some sort - call it All-Stars, Second Chances, whatever. I think Rachael will almost certainly turn up again.

I get that Sasha's was better executed than the other two, but she still should have been called down to the bottom to scare her straight, so to speak, about making crap up and paying no attention to the challenge brief. Then send her back first.

• Love 1

How the hell is Sasha safe? Again?

Rachel's cheerleader was dreadful, but it was NOT worse than Sasha's mess.  Not only did the thing read 'alien' from the multi eyes to the shape of the head, the costume that Sasha slapped together didn't read cheerleader at all.  As Lois Burwel (or possibly one of the other judges) l pointed out, if you take away the pom-pon, the thing wasn't even a cheerleader.  At least Rachel got the costume right and made more of an attempt to get the creature correct.  I've loved some of Sasha's past work, but it's quite evident that the only reason she was safe was because the judges wanted to keep justfiying their save of her.  "Teacher's Pet" was a hilariously apt title for this episode.  I thought it was cowardly in the extreme that Sasha was safe this week and not even on the bottom - the judges were afraid that if they put her side by side with Rachel, it would have proven that Rachel's was a half a degree better, I think.  At least that's how it looked from my chair.

Completely adored Drew's EmoFaun and the model was great.  Someone else here pointed out that sometimes a model can help make or break a look - never more true than here.

• Love 1

I get that Sasha's was better executed than the other two, but she still should have been called down to the bottom to scare her straight, so to speak, about making crap up and paying no attention to the challenge brief.

Technically, Sasha was correct that a cyclops can be many-eyed, and I have seen one like that before (although I couldn't possibly tell you where), so I don't think the judges could justify putting her in the bottom group. No, it wasn't what anyone raised on Greek myth (i.e. most people in the U.S.) would expect, but there was enough of a margin between the work she did and the bottom two to keep her in the middle group.

• Love 1

I was sad to see that it came down to George and Rachael, as I really like both of them. I have to wonder if Rachael was going for more of a flocked look with her makeup, but it came out rough-looking instead. And I have absolutely no idea how you hear "Cyclops" and go to "tons of eyes." It doesn't make any real sense and doesn't fit the parameters of the challenge.

I'm liking Lois a lot more than I thought I would, but something about this challenge really made me miss Ve. 

EmoFaun was fantastic (fauntastic? ugh, I'll show myself out). 

• Love 2
Technically, Sasha was correct that a cyclops can be many-eyed, and I have seen one like that before (although I couldn't possibly tell you where), so I don't think the judges could justify putting her in the bottom group.

What bugged me is there wasn't any particular reason for her to come up with multiple eyes. It's understandable, say, to make a minotaur more cowlike when it's based on a female character. Or if the theme of the week is "cyclops" and somebody wants to think outside the box.

But I didn't get any reason or backstory behind why a cyclops cheerleader should have tons of eyes, aside from Sasha just deciding to do it that way.

I thought when she Googled cyclops she found the literal translation for 'round eye' but this isn't a language class, it's a fantasy makeup challenge and they wanted her to recreate the mythological creature.

That said, she's talented. She thinks outside the lines and basically does whatever she wants barely skating within the parameters of the challenge but her work is much better than those who have gone home. I would never want to work with her. That voice would drive me insane but I have no doubt in her abilities as an artist.

I can't speak for the judges but I think they would rather see someone break the rules of the challenge and pull off a convincing look than present a half assed paintjob on an appliance that's barely attached.

• Love 2

Technically, Sasha was correct that a cyclops can be many-eyed, and I have seen one like that before (although I couldn't possibly tell you where), so I don't think the judges could justify putting her in the bottom group. No, it wasn't what anyone raised on Greek myth (i.e. most people in the U.S.) would expect, but there was enough of a margin between the work she did and the bottom two to keep her in the middle group.

Hyper-technically, she wasn't correct.  Kuklops(or kyklyps) is the Greek word from which the Latin word Cyclops is derived.  And while kuklops means '"round-eyed" in Greek, the definition of the proper noun Cyclops has never been anything other than "a one-eyed giant," at least as far as  my dictionary is concerned.

And even if she thought she was being creative and unusual by making a piece based on the word origin, rather than the word, once Mr. Westmore said, "Don't do that," she should have listened.

But I find it hard to believe Sasha was taking such a pedantic approach.  Why do I have a feeling she was complaining about coming up with a one-eye concept and one of the others casually mentioned that Cyclops meant "round-eyed."  And she thought making a bunch of eyes would be kewl.

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 1

But I find it hard to believe Sasha was taking such a pedantic approach.  Why do I have a feeling she was complaining about coming up with a one-eye concept and one of the others casually mentioned that Cyclops meant "round-eyed."  And she thought making a bunch of eyes would be kewl.

I kind of think she was having difficulty hiding her model's eyes and was trying to figure out a way to get out of doing so. She used Mr. Westmore's advice to hide them, but didn't remove the other extraneous eyes. 

• Love 1

Some very good points people are making.  I really don't mind someone going in a totally different direction from the expected; I though Sasha's scary clown-doll from last week was phenomenal.  I just don't think that this one worked on any level at all. I probably would have been okay if she had had one of the bottom looks but had still ended up safe - but for her to be safe from the go was ludicrous. Any other time that a contestant has done something so far off the mark, they've at least had to suffer the judges bashing it. And here's the thing; Sasha has proven that no matter how creative and talented she is, articulate she is not.  So her having some alternate definition of cyclops up her sleeve just rings false to me.  So the idea of one of the other contestants feeding her the info (whether in an attempt to sabotague or not) sounds plausible.  But wasn't she the first to pick?  Why pick 'cyclops' if you're not excited about doing it?

Edited by RedHackle

Can't really add much to what y'all have been saying : the episode was a lot of fun, and my top two would have included Dina's Goblin (but then again, I love cartoony and over the top looks), but I was fine with both top looks ; once again, Sasha decided that she was too constrained by the parameters of the challenge, and dids her own thing : this time, it didn't work, at all, and she looks more and more like Miranda 2.0, staying safe & in the competition for no apparent reason ; I like George, but he should have been out, this week : his creature was awful, and he didn't even have the added excuse of not having the time to fix some piece of the costume (whereas Rachel wasn't able to add the horns on her mediocre piece).

I think that even though the face was a pitiful display, especially as far into the season as we are, the model she chose wasn't doing her any favors, either.  It was the same model who was supposed to be the prom queen whose head was turned around the wrong way.  She doesn't do anything but stand there, even though there are ways she can manipulate her body in order to assist in making the overall look and silhouette  more like what the artist was trying to achieve.  If you know your boobs are supposed to be your back, then you hunch in such a way as to minimize them.  If you are supposed to be walking on animal legs, then you act like you have animal legs, dammit.  I'm not saying it would have saved Racheal, that pile of crap didn't deserve to be saved, but as models go on this show, she sucks.

Eh, I don't know. Alexandria never seemed particularly bad, as far as FO models go (as opposed to Sasha's expressionless fashion-type model whose name I forgot, who often seems so awkward & apathetic that it detracts from some make-ups, every now and then).

Sure, she's no tiny-blond-overenthusiastic-to-the-point-of-awesomeness model (aka Megan), but a lot of what models bring to the final stage also depends on the contestant's instructions. In the Cheerleafaun's case, Rachel clearly gave her "you're a mean, sexy haughty cheerleader, so try to look good & to act like you're above it all" instructions, since it was her concept, so at least in this case, she seemed on point to me ; also, there were some weird choices re: her legs (clothing choices, but also missing prosthetics & crazy ass shoes) that probably limited what she could do on stage.

That said, if I were a contestant, I'd clearly want the more "active" models to give life to my creation... but only if the character demanded it. I wouldn't necessarily pick Megan if I wanted to have a tall, pretty, regal ice queen or whatever ; and reciprocally, she'd be my go-to girl for any kind of quirky, lively creature...

Edited by Kaoteek
  • Love 2

Cyclops means 1 Eyed. Greek Myth does have a many eyed creature but that's someone else entirely. 

As for the looks, It was an obvious 4-3 Good-Bad split. Any of the Top 4 would be worth first I think. And any of the bottom three could have gone home.  I think the Models were the big key to this challenge; the Goth Faun model sold the hell out of it, as did the Nerd Minotaur. Goblin Nerd did her best and could have been Top 3 easily. 

The Cheerleader Faun, there was too much missing. Horns might have helped, but they were too big for the model, especially a teenager faun. Otherwise she just looked like a sunburned teen as it was. 

Argh!!!  I don't think I've ever disliked a Face Off contestant as much as I intensely dislike Sasha.  Once again, she ignores the challenge and just does what she wants, and she gets away with it.  And for the millionth time, we need to deal with her unconfident, whiny, oh-woe-is-me routine about how embarrassed she is by her creation.  God, it just grates!!  I can't believe Sasha and Rachael are the same age.  Rachael is just so much more mature.  I wish she could have got the horns on; I think she would have stayed if she did.

Sasha is 22. Rachel is 24. Two years difference is a LOT at that age.

I don't mind Sasha as much as some others (there was an Asian girl who annoyed me much more in an earlier season 2? or 3?), and she is very talented. If she can get more life experience and confidence I think she can have a decent career.

As much as I like George's personality, I think he should have gone this week. That was a complete nothing. 

ETA: I loved Dina's Goblin band nerd, but then I love Megan!

Edited by carrps

Sasha is 22. Rachel is 24. Two years difference is a LOT at that age.

As much as I like George's personality, I think he should have gone this week. That was a complete nothing. 

I think Rachael is a lot more confident than Sasha, as well, and Sasha seems to be torn between having strong opinions and expecting to be directed/rescued by an adult. But she's an adult now, officially, and it would serve her well to act like it. There have been very young contestants on this show before, and none of them have been quite as immature as Sasha IMO. YMMV.

George did not deserve to stay, but Rachael's Bad Skin Barbie was worse. I don't think George is good enough to win, as much as I like him as a contestant. If he were to come back on an all-star season, he'd probably be an early departure.

• Love 1

I didn't get Sasha's AT ALL.  It looked very alien and not very fantasy.

I liked Drew's emo faun.  It reminded me of a teenage Severus Snape faun.  That's all I could think of once he put the hair on.

Cyg's and Dina's were also really good.  I would have loved the judges to talk about Dina's more.