Type keyword(s) to search

Ratings And Scheduling: I Can't Do This Alone

kimrey
  • Start Topic

Not unexpected but quite frankly it still bums me out a lot. It`s not like things will be getting any better.  

Who knows. I'm just not ready to let go of Dean Winchester. I feel like I just met him. I'm selfish. I just hope they give him something awesome next season.

• Love 1

I'm just not ready to let go of Dean Winchester. I feel like I just met him. I'm selfish. I just hope they give him something awesome next season.

Whereas I only dread how bad he is gonna be ruined with yet more time to do so. Something awesome isn`t even a pipe dream for me. 

So, do you guys think we might get a new showrunner? Do we know if Carver's pilot got picked up yet?

No idea but I assume Dabb takes over as showrunner. And going by his performance this Season, my response is: blech, might be worse than Carver.   

Who knows. I'm just not ready to let go of Dean Winchester. I feel like I just met him. I'm selfish. I just hope they give him something awesome next season.

This is how I feel. And I think it's valid that people new to the show are excited about this. I think the show has had its issues lately but honestly there were duds back to season 1. They really need to fix Dean's arc and I would be pretty happy. I'm recovering from the Sam character assassination.

• Love 1

This is how I feel. And I think it's valid that people new to the show are excited about this. I think the show has had its issues lately but honestly there were duds back to season 1. They really need to fix Dean's arc and I would be pretty happy. I'm recovering from the Sam character assassination.

I agree I am new to the show too and I am certainly not ready to let it go yet.

They really need to fix Dean's arc

Assuming Dabb becomes the 4th showrunner, I don`t think they`d get a fifth one to do that. It`s probably more poodle sex and floor-licking scenes coming up.

Assuming Dabb becomes the 4th showrunner, I don`t think they`d get a fifth one to do that. It`s probably more poodle sex and floor-licking scenes coming up.

I'm mixed on Dabb.  He's written some terrific Dean episodes and some duds. 

But Crowley licking floor because he's being humiliated...I'm all for that!

• Love 1

I don't really have a strong sense of showrunners yet...literally started watching a month ago and binged the whole thing and I think my view of the show is very colored by that. I didn't have the experience of waiting for episodes to air (like I am now, grr) wine I guess being that invested? If that's the right term? I am sure that will change now. But I don't remember thinking "oh, they must have a new showrunner at this time because things are so much different"...it seemed like a fairly organic progression. I definitely have strong opinions about various episodes and in particular opinions about Dean, Castiel, and Sam's storylines but from my perspective the show has held up.

But Crowley licking floor because he's being humiliated...I'm all for that!

What I meant was, I don`t think it would be Crowley in a potential Season 13 or so being humiliated like that. I think that is the kind of material we can expect for Dean. Not joking here. 

What I meant was, I don`t think it would be Crowley in a potential Season 13 or so being humiliated like that. I think that is the kind of material we can expect for Dean. Not joking here. 

I don't see him be humiliated like that at all, JMO.  I still enjoy the show and I just don't have the time in my schedule to watch something that I don't enjoy.

I don't see him be humiliated like that at all, JMO. I still enjoy the show and I just don't have the time in my schedule to watch something that I don't enjoy.

Yeah, I agree. I've dumped plenty of shows in the past. I don't necessarily agree with the path they've taken with some storylines but I still really enjoy watching.

• Love 1

I have admitted lots of times that I haven`t found the show overall enjoyable since I think the first three to four episodes of Season 5. And believe me, it is a continous source of frustration for me that I can`t quit this exercise of misery just because Jensen is on it. If he wasn`t, I`d have been free years ago.  

Oh no I don't think anything like that would happen.  A stupid comedy episode because Jensen likes comedy, yes.

• Love 1

No idea but I assume Dabb takes over as showrunner. And going by his performance this Season, my response is: blech, might be worse than Carver.   

TBH, if we do get a new showrunner, I kinda hope they look outside the show for it this time. No disrespect to Dabb, who I do think would be best suited to the task, i just think it might be time to shake things up a bit. With Singer's sort of departure this season, it would be a good time to foster in some fresh blood. 

But, if they do look inward, I hope it's Dabb. He seems like he can handle the many different balls showrunners need to keep in the air.

• Love 2

But the article linked above said that Carver would be an "executive producer" on the new show "Frequency". So who knows, if the guys indicated that they would make this their last year, he may continue on and wrap things up. I can't even imagine that the guys would go past S12.  I personally would love to see Jensen continue in a higher quality TV or Cable show, if not even on the big screen. He's good enough for any of it. Yes, I would hate to lose the character of Dean Winchester, but the longer he stays, the less his chances are to get something else worthwhile. :(

Just logged in and saw the news of Season 12!  I'm happy.  The show's not perfect, but it's been fun, and I'm up for another season.  I will remain eternally optimistic that the writing will improve.  But if not, I'll survive.  I love the cast, and they seem to have a blast making the show, so it's all good.  

I get that some people want Jensen (and probably Jared, too) to move on to something bigger, better, etc., but there really is no guarantee that there's something better out there.  For me personally, having Jensen leave SPN to make some superhero movie would not make me happy.  I HATE superhero movies!!  If I could be guaranteed some really great dramatic or comedic role for him on some big network with great writers, I'd be all for it, but the reality is, I think he genuinely likes the place he's in right now.  If he (or they) didn't, they'd move on.  But for right now, I'm happy we'll have another season to look forward to.

• Love 2

Just logged in and saw the news of Season 12!  I'm happy.  The show's not perfect, but it's been fun, and I'm up for another season.  I will remain eternally optimistic that the writing will improve.  But if not, I'll survive.  I love the cast, and they seem to have a blast making the show, so it's all good.  

I get that some people want Jensen (and probably Jared, too) to move on to something bigger, better, etc., but there really is no guarantee that there's something better out there.  For me personally, having Jensen leave SPN to make some superhero movie would not make me happy.  I HATE superhero movies!!  If I could be guaranteed some really great dramatic or comedic role for him on some big network with great writers, I'd be all for it, but the reality is, I think he genuinely likes the place he's in right now.  If he (or they) didn't, they'd move on.  But for right now, I'm happy we'll have another season to look forward to.

emphasis mine...I agree with this 100%. Just from my brief foray into fandom (which, someone talk me off a ledge before I go to a con instead of saving money to buy a house) and watching lots of videos at cons and interviews etc...they both seem to be quite happy and content. I can imagine they want to spend more time with their families but are making things work. 

• Love 2

I am sure that missing their families is difficult on them.  But where they have an advantage over most of us is that they can afford to travel home every week, and can also have their families and friends travel to Vancouver to spend time with them.  It may not be perfect, but there are people in far worse situations.  They get to work at a job they enjoy, with people they genuinely like, earn a very generous salary, get all the fan adoration they want, while still being unknown enough to lead a fairly "normal" life.  I'd say they are both extremely lucky. 

• Love 1

I tried going on the CW website to see when the show returns, but apparently I'm not privvy to that information because of my location. I don't want to venture in the Spoiler thread to see if the info has been posted there, so can someone help me out?

When are the boys returning to our screens?

I tried going on the CW website to see when the show returns, but apparently I'm not privvy to that information because of my location. I don't want to venture in the Spoiler thread to see if the info has been posted there, so can someone help me out?

When are the boys returning to our screens?

I think it is March 23rd, but not 100% sure.

So I've been checking the Futon Critic which I think is a better resource than IMDB these days and it looks like we have another mini hiatus on the way

5/25/16 (We.) 9:00 PM The CW Episode 23
5/18/16 (We.) 9:00 PM The CW Episode 22
5/11/16 (We.) 9:00 PM The CW Episode 21
5/4/16 (We.) 9:00 PM The CW Episode 20
4/27/16 (We.) 9:00 PM The CW TBA
4/20/16 (We.) 9:00 PM The CW TBA
4/13/16 (We.) 9:00 PM The CW TBA
4/6/16 (We.) 9:00 PM The CW (#1118) Hell's Angel
3/30/16 (We.) 9:00 PM The CW (#1117) Red Meat
3/23/16 (We.) 9:00 PM The CW (#1116) Safe House

The question is when will 11.19 air. Will it be the week after 11.18 or the week before 11.20. Either way we have a two week break it seems

Edited by catrox14

I'm hoping not the 27th since we will be preempted in the Chicago market. We also are preempted for the penultimate episode (who says "penultimate" tm Jared as Sam as Jared) on May 18th. Gotta love those Cubs. :(  :(  :( 

You guys, live watching is REALLY HARD. I was in such a great groove binge watching (and now re-binge watching) and now I want NEW EPISODES NOW. I'm dreading the upcoming hiatus!

• Love 3

All CW shows posted losses this week. Don`t know if Easter coming up has anything to do with it but largely I would say the CW didn`t promote the ending of this mini-hiatus too well. Guess people were confused about return dates. 

Last night was a huge episode of Criminal Minds.  An actor who has been with the show since the beginning (it's also in its 11th season) is leaving and last night was his last episode.  People who haven't watched in years tuned in.

Personally, I always watch Supernatural live and dvr Criminal Minds.

I think that played a role, too. Criminal Minds was particularly strong this week in the ratings.

But still, Flash and Arrow were lower than usual, too. And Flash is the CW`s pride and joy right now. But they didn`t really promote this episode, just the upcoming crossover next week. 

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/showatch/supernatural/listings/

So here's the schedule for the rest of the season.

I bet we are getting cliffhangered  with Hell's Angel. Two week break and then back to on 4/27 with 11.19 through 23.

5/25/16 (We.) 9:00 PM The CW Episode 23
5/18/16 (We.) 9:00 PM The CW Episode 22
5/11/16 (We.) 9:00 PM The CW Episode 21
5/4/16 (We.) 9:00 PM The CW Episode 20
4/27/16 (We.) 9:00 PM The CW Episode 19
4/20/16 (We.) 9:00 PM The CW Repeat TBA ®
4/13/16 (We.) 9:00 PM The CW (#1114) The Vessel ®
4/6/16 (We.) 9:00 PM The CW (#1118) Hell's Angel