Type keyword(s) to search

Ratings And Scheduling: I Can't Do This Alone

kimrey
  • Start Topic

Holy moly.  Then why'd they retweet it?  I'm sorry folks... nevermind.... move along...move along.... these are not the droid your looking for...

Thanks for the correction.

Edited by SueB
  • Love 1

SupernaturalWiki ‏@SuperWiki 4m4 minutes ago

SupernaturalWiki Retweeted Marisa Roffman

Note: next weeks SPN will start at 9:02 pm

Marisa Roffman @marisaroffman

For those who DVR CW shows, you might want to be careful next week. #arrow #izombie #supernatur

• Love 1

http://tvline.com/2015/12/03/arrow-season-4-ratings-crossover/

The CW’s Arrow on Wednesday night drew 3.6 million total viewers and a 1.3 rating, rising 33 and 18 percent from last episode’s season highs to deliver its best numbers in a year, since the first #Flarrow crossover (3.9 mil/1.4).

Leading out of that, Supernatural (2.1 mil/0.9) was up 24 percent and two tenths to deliver its best audience since Feb. 3 while tying its season high in the demo.

Yay!

Edited by Diane
  • Love 1

Even tho Empire had a big night, it's been dropping a bit this season.  Still, it's a relative juggernaut and no new show is going to be put up against it.  Ultimately, I suspect the CW is happy that Supernatural is holding it's own.  

I wonder how many people tuned in because they thought Gabriel might return....

I don't think general viewers would be aware or care about it. I had no idea Richard S directed this episode until I read it on Spoilertv after watching the episode.
  • Love 1

I wonder if the Arrow/Flash crossover gave it a boost too because those numbers were up as well.

I find the half hour marks interesting. It dropped for SPN at the half hour mark for 11.09 but Arrow held steady for the hour. Last week held steady for Arrow and SPN for the entire hour. Also Arrow ran a couple of minutes over last week so maybe that impacted the ratings a bit but I really don't know how that extra time is considered for ratings.

Fasts-3way-2015-Dec-WED.09.png

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1

http://www.tvfanatic.com/slideshows/the-cw-at-midseason-what-will-get-renewed/

I thought the 7 day DVR numbers were high but I didn't realize it was an 80%!! increase. Wow. That's pretty awesome.

Supernatural has been moved around the schedule pretty much every season since it began and it's still pulling in respectable ratings. It's down by 10% this season to a 0.75 rating among people 18-49 and 1.80 million total viewers, but within 7 days of viewing on the DVR, those numbers are swelling more than 80%. Supernatural will continue until it gets too expensive, or whenever the two leads want out.

• Love 1

Because I have a hair up my ass, I'm writing the CW tonight. Telling them Supernatural is the only "must watch" show for my husband and me, and we (as retired folks) have tons of disposable income. Advertisers next. I ain't hardly joking, as Mick would say.

• Love 1

This article by Alice Jester at The Winchester Family Business was a really interesting (and extensive) analysis of the different ways that Supernatural makes money.  She makes it clear that in many cases she is estimating the numbers because firm data isn't available, but it definitely gave me a better perspective of why ratings aren't the only thing that matters.  I found it very reassuring.

http://www.thewinchesterfamilybusiness.com/article-archives/the-mystery-spot/19466-tv-s-new-business-model-can-supernatural-survive

• Love 1

This article by Alice Jester at The Winchester Family Business was a really interesting (and extensive) analysis of the different ways that Supernatural makes money.  She makes it clear that in many cases she is estimating the numbers because firm data isn't available, but it definitely gave me a better perspective of why ratings aren't the only thing that matters.  I found it very reassuring.

http://www.thewinchesterfamilybusiness.com/article-archives/the-mystery-spot/19466-tv-s-new-business-model-can-supernatural-survive

Thanks, Wynne88, I thought the article was very informative and interesting. Long live Supernatural!!!

Edited by FlickChick

h/t to Morena from the Arrow forum

The ListenFirst Television Interest (TVI) Rating ™ is a standardized measurement of the most buzzed-about TV programs on linear TV and streaming services. A complement to ListenFirst’s other syndicated data products (such as the ListenFirst Digital Audience Rating – TV), the metrics included in the rating are the purest form of showing interest digitally, since they’re organic actions that are largely unaffected by paid media. Programs that surface on the TVI leaderboards are the most hashtagged on Facebook, Google+, and Tumblr, as well as most searched for on Wikipedia (used as a proxy for organic search volume).

All-Series.jpg

• Love 2

More from ListenFirst, for the entire year 2015 Supernatural is #1.  Very interesting numbers here

The ListenFirst Television Interest (TVI) Rating ™ is a standardized measurement of the most buzzed-about TV programs on linear TV and streaming services. A complement to ListenFirst’s other syndicated data products (such as the ListenFirst Digital Audience Rating – TV), the metrics included in the rating are the purest form of showing interest digitally, since they’re organic actions that are largely unaffected by paid media. Programs that surface on the TVI leaderboards are the most hashtagged on Facebook, Google+, and Tumblr, as well as most searched for on Wikipedia (used as a proxy for organic search volume).

CYObq6RWwAAT-Bz.jpg

Really stupid move! I think one of the reasons that Supernatural has so many new fans is because of the combination of CWTV for current season viewing coupled with Netflix for binge viewing. If networks think they are going to be able to charge for their programs only, I think they'll find out that people won't pay per network. In the case of CBS, that's not even on cable, but free broadcast TV.

Showbuzz ratings by demo.  The 25-54 demo is 0.9. That is really interesting to me. I wonder if at some point they look at that more than the 18-49 for dolla dolla dolla bills?

Fasts-Demo-2016-Jan-WED.27.png

2nd in Twitter ratings

CZ02bI5UkAAvLi_.jpg

Edited by catrox14

So, TNT is FINALLY getting s10. They are running a marathon on Super Bowl Sunday, so I guess that means they'll eventually work it into the main rotation.

BUT it's really squirrelly.

They aren't showing all the episodes. They are skipping Soul Survivor...like WTF how do you leave out the curing of demon!Dean...and suddenly he's all better in the next one.  Leaving out Exectioner's Song too. WTF.  That won't be confusing AT ALL to viewers that have been waiting to watch on TNT.  Good grief. LOL

Supernatural S10|E1: BlackTV-14
Supernatural S10|E2: ReichenbachTV-14
Supernatural S10|E5: Fan FictionTV-14
Supernatural S10|E7: Girls, Girls, GirlsTV-14
Supernatural S10|E8: Hibbing 911TV-14
Supernatural S10|E11: There's No Place Like HomeTV-14
Supernatural S10|E12: About a BoyTV-14
Supernatural S10|E17: Inside ManTV-14
Supernatural S10|E18: Book of the DamnedTV-14
Supernatural S10|E21: Dark DynastyTV-14
Supernatural S10|E22: The PrisonerTV-14
Supernatural S10|E23: Brother's KeeperTV-14

Edited by catrox14

catrox, each time TNT introduces a new season that has aired the previous year, they put on a selection of about 12-14 episodes, skipping many in between. Then, if I recall correctly, the next rotation has all the episodes in the correct order (or it may be the second rotation). Also, TNT is showing last season later than usual which I chalked up to being on Netflix and perhaps that controls the release for secondary stations.

I can't say I watch the show much at this point, but being only a tenth or two below Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow (which I somewhat enjoy due to the cast, but won't be shocked to see fall further as a lot of people don't seem to care for it) at 11 seasons is impressive.

• Love 2