Type keyword(s) to search

Ratings And Scheduling: I Can't Do This Alone

kimrey
  • Start Topic

Dammit! That means that in the group of the last five episodes, the Chicago area will have two of those preempted - including the April 27th one after the two week break. Pisses me off!!!

BOOOO!!!!!!

thanks for posting that Diane! ust for the detailed breakdown...we were at .5 in the first half hour but it ticked up at the 1/2 hour to .6 

First time in several weeks Supernatural was not in the TOP 5 in Twitter Ratings. It was up against GOP TownHalls (specifically Trump) Empire, Rachel Maddow which was Democratic Town Hall and Criminal Minds.

Tough sledding for our little show last night :(. But I guess it could have be worse!

Fasts-Demo-2016-Mar-WED.30.png

Edited by catrox14

thanks for posting that Diane! ust for the detailed breakdown...we were at .5 in the first half hour but it ticked up at the 1/2 hour to .6 

First time in several weeks Supernatural was not in the TOP 5 in Twitter Ratings. It was up against GOP TownHalls (specifically Trump) Empire, Rachel Maddow which was Democratic Town Hall and Criminal Minds.

Tough sledding for our little show last night :(. But I guess it could have be worse!

Fasts-Demo-2016-Mar-WED.30.png

Sort of sad about the twitter ratings, current cast tweeting and as one of the guys said, who from the show past or present wasn't live tweeting last night.

Sort of sad about the twitter ratings, current cast tweeting and as one of the guys said, who from the show past or present wasn't live tweeting last night.

Yeah that really surprised me but on the plus side the East Coast viewing did Trend for a while...so yay?

• Love 1

More specific demo breakdowns. Heh. Looks like the men are still that 'more casual"viewer because week to week they are up and down from 2 to 3 and back again. Sorry I couldn't resist after that dumb article at spoiler tv earlier this year.

Fasts-Demo-2016-Apr-WED.06.png

Who knows what they got in the Chicago market. The Cubs game scheduled to be on instead of Arrow/Supernatural was cancelled due to bad weather. So the stupid WGN station puts the shows on with no notice to anyone not tuning in to watch the Cubs. Fortunately, my son-in-law sent me a text at the beginning of Arrow letting me know Supernatural was going to be broadcast. Really dumb of the station to pull this. Right now they have the programs scheduled to run on Sunday. Who knows what they'll run instead. :(

(edited)

Wow. I am truly shocked that a Chuck returning episode was so low in the ratings. HOLY MOLY

Just a closer look at the breakdowns of the demos and the half hour viewing.

It dropped from .07 to .05 at the half hour mark. That's a pretty big drop. Why did folks bail? Pissed off about Chuck being God? That's really really curious to me.

Fast-Track-2016-May-WED.04.png

Fast-Demo-2016-May-WED.04.png

SPN was 2nd in Twitter ratings

ChtFMuaUkAAB8J-.jpg

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1

This episode was heavy on Chuck/Metatron scenes. General viewers who may only catch episodes here and there could have tuned in and thought another show was airing or something. Lots of current viewers might not know/remember who Chuck even is. And all the meta in-jokes work only if you are quite familiar with the show. That`s not everyone`s cup of tea.  

8 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

This episode was heavy on Chuck/Metatron scenes. General viewers who may only catch episodes here and there could have tuned in and thought another show was airing or something. Lots of current viewers might not know/remember who Chuck even is. And all the meta in-jokes work only if you are quite familiar with the show. That`s not everyone`s cup of tea.  

That's what I'm thinking. I mean it's good they were already renewed for this season and even with CW different priorities on ratings, I can't help but think this would not really help them. 

I'm a long time viewer and it was definitely NOT my cuppa. Bleh

I think they hurt themselves by not advertising that Chuck was returning.  Based upon my Facebook feed, my friends had no idea that he would be back.  They were crazy excited after the episode, but there was some genuine surprise in my feed.

• Love 1
(edited)

I think they were challenged to promote Chuck being in the episode without showing that he wasn't really going to be chillin' with Dean and Sam but rather Metatron.  Even Curtis Armstrong knows Metatron is loathed by a lot of fans. The ratings for the first half hour were standard and fell significantly in the 2nd half hour. That's the thing that makes me think they just didn't want to see anymore about Chuck and Metatron.  But that's just my guess. Maybe the end of one of the ballgames was more interesting. We'll see what happens next week

Edited by catrox14

Apparently when asked about the show ending, Jensen said the network told both he and Jared that it'll go as long as they want to play the characters.  

Thats is slightly different than the usual 'as long as J2 are in and ratings hold'. Still, it wouldn't surprise me if Pedowitz had this attitude. 

(edited)
On 5/5/2016 at 11:55 AM, catrox14 said:

Wow. I am truly shocked that a Chuck returning episode was so low in the ratings. HOLY MOLY

I'm not really sure how much viewers would care if Chuck returned. I always enjoyed watching him, and Rob Benedict is always enjoyable, but it's more the dieheard fans who go to cons who help keep that little group (RSJ, Matt Cohen, Benedict) popping up, while I'd say it's the average viewer who might respond more to seeing Bobby again (maybe not in ratings but in being happy to see him).

I also think for springtime, in the last few seasons. .06-.07 is  about as good as they will get. 

Robbie Thompson meta episodes also don't tend to rate well. 

4 hours ago, Wynne88 said:

Did we ever get the 7 day ratings for Don't Call Me Shurley?

I don't think the +7 ratings will be out for a few more days.

Edited by Pete Martell

Sooo this is kind of big news for the CW. Supergirl is moving to the CW for next season. That is coming over from CBS. They have Calista Flockhart who must be big money and I'm wondering how they can keep her and and not cut the budgets for all the other CW shows. I'm sure glad SPN was renewed already or I would be reallly worried about it's fate. 

I don't watch Supergirl, but I could never understand why Warner Brothers decided to air it on CBS initially. No real fit with their programing on that station. Let's hope they don't cut SN's budget - we're already scraping the bottom of the barrel, I'd say.

7 hours ago, catrox14 said:

Sooo this is kind of big news for the CW. Supergirl is moving to the CW for next season. That is coming over from CBS. They have Calista Flockhart who must be big money and I'm wondering how they can keep her and and not cut the budgets for all the other CW shows. I'm sure glad SPN was renewed already or I would be reallly worried about it's fate. 

Moving to Vancouver will cut costs. 

Given that most of the CW's shows continue to underperform (I doubt they expected LoT to have equal ratings to SPN this early), I'm not sure which show will take the hit. SPN must be expensive after 11 seasons, but they have a very tiny cast and don't really have big budget effects either. 

7 minutes ago, Pete Martell said:

Moving to Vancouver will cut costs. 

Given that most of the CW's shows continue to underperform (I doubt they expected LoT to have equal ratings to SPN this early), I'm not sure which show will take the hit. SPN must be expensive after 11 seasons, but they have a very tiny cast and don't really have big budget effects either. 

True although I read that BC has voted to stop giving such big tax breaks so who knows what that means for a lot of CW shows.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/british-columbia/bc-to-slash-film-and-tv-industry-subsidy-after-consultations/article29826234/

Finance Minister Mike de Jong followed through on his concerns about the cost of such tax breaks by announcing a plan to cut the basic production-services tax credit by five points – to 28 per cent, from 33 per cent. The credit compensates producers for claimed B.C. labour costs at the designated rate. At the same time, the digital animation or visual-effects tax credit will be cut to 16 per cent, from 17 per cent.

It's interesting that The CW has five of the top ten shows that gained the highest percentage of viewers. Must be those young kids - always running around and want to watch when it suits them. Makes you wonder what the numbers would be if they counted online/app viewing. Nielsen is really out of touch with today's viewers. I don't know how they stay in business. 

(edited)

SPN moved back to Thursdays at 9PM, following LoT in the Fall

CW Fall Schedule

Monday - Supergirl/ Jane The Virgin

Tuesday  - Flash /No Tomorrow 

Wednesday  - Arrow/Frequency 

Thursday - LoT/ Supernatural 

Friday  - Vampire Diaries/ Crazy Ex

Reign, Originals, The 100, iZombie relegated to Mid-Season and Riverdale

9:00-10:00 P.M. “SUPERNATURAL”
The thrilling and terrifying journey of the Winchester brothers continues as SUPERNATURAL enters its twelfth season. Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles) have spent their lives on the road, battling every kind of supernatural threat. Over the years, after countless bloody adventures, they have faced everything from the yellow-eyed demon that killed their mother to vampires, ghosts, shapeshifters, angels and fallen gods. In the show’s eleventh season, the Winchesters found themselves battling an apocalyptic force: the Darkness. Now, rallying help from their allies - both human and supernatural - Sam and Dean are about to go toe-to-toe with the most destructive enemy they've ever seen. The question is, will they win? And at what price? 

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1

Sigh. I don't get pairing a 16 episode show with a 23 episode show. I highly doubt they will expand LoT to 22 or 23. So what is going to fill in for LoT after it finishes?

(edited)

On one hand it's great because WGN in Chicago is no longer doing to interrupt with Bulls and baseball OR it would have helped if SPN was still on Wednesday. It will help Arrow and Frequency. But now SPN has LoT as the lead in and is up against Shondaland shows, Thursday Night Football, and NBA on TNT. Sigh. :(

Edited by catrox14
1 hour ago, catrox14 said:

On one hand it's great because WGN in Chicago is no longer doing to interrupt with Bulls and baseball OR it would have helped if SPN was still on Wednesday. It will help Arrow and Frequency. But now SPN has LoT as the lead in and is up against Shondaland shows, Thursday Night Football, and NBA on TNT. Sigh. :(

I'm telling 'ya, they yoke SPN like a workhorse.  They hope to get about .7/1.9 and that'll be better than just about anything else they put up on Thursday.

So, this is kind of interesting. Networks are moving even more into different measures of viewership.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/introducing-live-35-day-ratings-898530

To that end, on Aug. 29, Nielsen will up the turnaround on live-plus-7-day reporting (no more 15-day wait time), offering daily rolling on time-shifting, and it will start extending the tail past the long-established extra week of views. The measurement giant announced in March that the window for regularly reported on-demand and DVR data now will extend to 35 days after the original airdate.

Nielsen also still is developing its multiplatform standard, Nielsen Total Audience, though the timetable is contingent upon ongoing talks with its clients — some of which are more eager than others to implement a system that will enable networks to see everyone's digital hands. Cable, where ratings have been ravaged harder, is particularly eager to see new measurements that could expand audiences via Hulu and network-owned streaming apps. ESPN chief John Skipper touted the product during his upfront presentation May 17, saying: "You're going to see some very dramatic out-of-home numbers from ESPN. They will be in our Nielsen numbers starting in 2017."

(edited)

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/cw-sets-fall-premiere-dates-903997

Huh. SPN is not premiering until Oct 13 a week after The Flash and Arrow :/ I guess because of the IHeartMusicFestival? Really? Sigh.

Tuesday, October 4
8-9 p.m.                  The Flash (season premiere)
9-10 p.m.                No Tomorrow (series premiere)

Wednesday, October 5
8-9 p.m.                  Arrow (season premiere)
9-10 p.m.                Frequency (series premiere)

Thursday, October 6
8-10 p.m.                iHeartRadio Music Festival Night 1

Friday, October 7
8-10 p.m.                iHeartRadio Music Festival Night 2

Monday, October 10
8-9 p.m.                  Supergirl (The CW premiere/season two premiere)  
9-10 p.m.                No Tomorrow (premiere episode encore)

Thursday, October 13
8-9 p.m.                  Dc’s Legends of Tomorrow (season premiere) 
9-10 p.m.                Supernatural (season premiere)

Monday, October 17
8-9 p.m.                  Supergirl (original episode)
9-10 p.m.                Jane The Virgin (Season Premiere)

Friday, October 21
8-9 p.m.                  The Vampire Diaries (season premiere) 
9-10 p.m.                Crazy Ex-Girlfriend (season premiere)

Edited by catrox14

Let's hope they don't try for 23 episodes again. Not if we have another fiasco at the end like this year. Based on the start date, we will have only 9 episodes if they skip Thanksgiving and don't want one on Dec 22, Great planning!

1 hour ago, FlickChick said:

Let's hope they don't try for 23 episodes again. Not if we have another fiasco at the end like this year. Based on the start date, we will have only 9 episodes if they skip Thanksgiving and don't want one on Dec 22, Great planning!

If we get a concise tight story I'm good with 21 or 22 episodes.

Well, they did 22 episodes for the first 6 seasons (excluding season 3 due to the strike), and then 23 from season 7 through 11.  I won't complain about losing one episode, but I don't really want to lose more than that.  What I want is for the writers to do a better job.  There's no reason they have to shorten the season to make it better...just write better episodes.