Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E01: The Line

My understanding is that cops only have to read someone their rights before they start to question them. And even then if they don't it's not necessarily grounds for throwing out the case, it is just that anything the arrested guy says can't be used against him.  I don't remember any scene where cops or the State's Attorney was questioning Carey.

You might be right. Any lawyers here? I thought that people can be detained for a certain amount of time before the charges are brought up but then they are required to Mirandize them. My understanding is, if Cary had a hearing, he was arrested and we did not see him being Mirandized, he did not have a chance to talk to a lawyer (someone mentioned that he would have a lawyer appointed to him after the bond hearing? I don't get that, this is not what TV procedurals have taught me :) ) Maybe we are to assume the officers read his rights "off camera"? 

I like details

• Love 1

And I'd say Kalinda was ignoring Cary on purpose for reasons that will soon become clear in a Kalinda Knows Best sort of way.

I thought that at first but on re-watch I think it was more of a commentary on how the prisoners are invisible to the rest of the world. She didn't see him because he's basically a ghost now. I'm not sure I like the execution of that scene but I think that was the intention. I'd be happy to be wrong though.

• Love 4

From that mix of events a good attorney could find something that would be at least arguably actionable and that could mess up the officers' lives for a while. At least get their names in the news and mess with their reputations. If that doesn't work, have Kalinda look into their private lives and do something legal to mess them up from that perspective. But that's not a direction this show tends to go, and it's not going to happen. Cops acting like that just angers me greatly. Cary will likely take a more of a forgive and forget approach, which might be the best course anyway.

Edited by Democritus

At least get their names in the news and mess with their reputations. If that doesn't work, have Kalinda look into their private lives and do something legal to mess them up from that perspective.

They would explain that he was protecting a drug dealer and that would only bring more spotlight on Bishop which would probably result in getting Cary killed. Plus it would result in police harassment not just of Cary but of everyone at Florrick Agos. Poor Cary is stuck between a rock and a gangster.

• Love 2

You might be right. Any lawyers here? I thought that people can be detained for a certain amount of time before the charges are brought up but then they are required to Mirandize them. My understanding is, if Cary had a hearing, he was arrested and we did not see him being Mirandized, he did not have a chance to talk to a lawyer (someone mentioned that he would have a lawyer appointed to him after the bond hearing? I don't get that, this is not what TV procedurals have taught me :) ) Maybe we are to assume the officers read his rights "off camera"? 

I like details

I'm a lawyer but (a) I'm Canadian, and while I know the basics of the Canadian equivalent of Miranda rights, don't know enough American law to speak to this point and (b) I'm not a criminal lawyer, so everything I know about Miranda rights, I learned in law school a few years ago!

I like this Cary/Carey theory as well.  Otherwise, what's the point of them having the same name?

"Poor Cary is stuck between a rock and a gangster."

If he chose to do something (legally) anonymously that would punish the officers, Kalinda could help and they could figure out a stealthy way. The options are there, just takes a little creativity. E.g., learn one is cheating on his wife and send anonymous pictures. Maybe there are better examples that could be done legally and secretly. But as I said, that's not a direction this show goes for storylines. My view on this is solid, and that's all I'm saying on the matter.

Edited by Democritus

I was curious, so I googled...it looks like they do not have to read your Miranda rights unless they are questioning you and want to use your answers at trial.

Well, that sucks for Cary

And I thought I knew how things work in real life...

So, they arrested Cary with the clear intent to scare him into turning Bishop in. If they cannot use anything Cary might have said, they are counting on a deal. This is red herring, maybe legal, but fishy. 

• Love 1

I thought I remembered that back last season (or was it the season before?) Cary said something to Bishop et al like 'when I worked at the state's attorneys office, we usually did drug busts at such and such time', so that Bishop could try and avoid doing large shipments at that time. I assumed that was what caused his arrest in this last episode, but since no one else has mentioned it, I'm doubting my memory. Does anyone else remember this, or am I just misremembering?

That said, I do like the Cary vs Carey theory.

I thought that at first but on re-watch I think it was more of a commentary on how the prisoners are invisible to the rest of the world. She didn't see him because he's basically a ghost now.

That is what I took away from the scene. Our criminal justice system strips all the humanity away from people. We are trained to judge and dismiss those that are in jail. He was just another inmate, indistinguishable to all the other broken men. Cary seemed to get it in the moment, that's why he looked so sad.

I am a criminal defense attorney.  Miranda doesn't mean shit if they don't question you. The police frequently don't bother with Miranda if they don't care about questioning you.  Also, in my experience Cary's arrest is not unusual. I've had cops come at my juvenile clients that hard over misdemeanors. Guns drawn, hard take downs, and punches/kicks happen all the time. It is just usually done on young black males so no one cares.

Going after the cops who arrested Cary would have no effect on his case. The police who take part in an arrest aren't necessarily the people in charge of the investigation. Sometimes they just happen to be the dudes who are around when they want to make the arrest. Even if the police officer's personal life gets messy, that doesn't really have consequences for the case unless they quit the force and leave town. Even then, there is usually more than one officer that can testify to the pertinent information. From a legal standpoint, this is a dead end. From a revenge minded standpoint, it would be awesome to see them screw with the police who were so terrible to Cary. 

I really hope this Cary story doesn't last too long. I like it now, but it will wear thin if they drag it out all season. Also, Finn sucks. He is playing with Cary's life and he knows it. Try to be a little less flirty smug about it, you handsome douche!

Can the Cary/Carey twist be real? Even though people are kind of expecting it now, I still think it would be clever. They can't have Cary be guilty of the crime, but somehow squeaking out of this. He couldn't really stay on as a functioning attorney. Even if he got the case dismissed, he would probably face disciplinary action from the state bar.

• Love 7

So, they arrested Cary with the clear intent to scare him into turning Bishop in. If they cannot use anything Cary might have said, they are counting on a deal. This is red herring, maybe legal, but fishy. 

My understanding is (and maybe Amelie06 can confirm) is that often times cops won't read miranda right away because if they don't and the person spontaneously confesses or gives information right away they can use that. If they tell him he has the right to remain silent he might not do that.

I hated this episode. And really, Alicia accepting 1.3 million dollars in cash from yet another shady client to pay for Cary's bail? Does she just take the duffel bag down to wherever bail is paid and plop it on the counter? Does she take it to the bank and deposit it, no questions asked? Really? I don't know what the laws are in the U.S. but if you were to deposit anything over $10,000 in cash in Canada you would have to fill out a form declaring where the money came from. I can't imagine what attention 1.3 MM would draw!

I am so tired of Kalinda and her magic vagina that no mortal can resist. I would not miss her one iota if she were never to grace my screen again. Heck, I'd rather see Grace.

• Love 3

I am guessing that either someone else came up with the bail money, or they laundered the cash even further before getting a check for the bail.  I would not be surprised to see this become a slapdown for Finn.  But poor Cary in jail for a week while they wait. 

• Love 1

Whoa. I haven't seen this much episode thread since TWoP.

...why isn't Eli allowed to fire the panty-less intern? She exposed herself to the entire office....

While some might disagree (IRL and in TVland), I'm pretty sure exposing yourself in the office is sexual harassment, and doing it in public is crime.

Thing about the intern: she's wearing a medium length skirt, no one is going to get a look even if she touches her toes or swivels around in a chair. So what's the problem?

At first I thought this too, but then realized that if it's being talked about, she is likely wearing skirts short enough to flash people when she sits down opposite them, which, again, is sexual harassment (although, again, mileage varies).
  • Love 4

why isn't Eli allowed to fire the panty-less intern? She exposed herself to the entire office....

There was something last season, wasn't there, when he tried to fire her and Peter countermanded it? I thought Peter told him he couldn't fire her, which would make an affair rumour even more damaging if it came out. I don't understand why she wasn't fired on the spot, Peter or no.

• Love 1

I am guessing that either someone else came up with the bail money, or they laundered the cash even further before getting a check for the bail.  I would not be surprised to see this become a slapdown for Finn.  But poor Cary in jail for a week while they wait. 

Which makes me wonder, if they went through the trouble of bringing back Rojas (Bodie!) and he was one of Bishop's top guys who ownes businesses like laundromats, then why would he bother bringing a bag full of cash. If the official story is that the money is supposed to come from his businesses, then why couldn't he just bring a cheque or do a bank transfer or something. I mean the story they tell the judge should be that one of the firms clients (Mr. Rojas), who really likes Cary decided to put up the money from his businesses. 

• Love 1

Great episode.  Obviously they are setting it up for Alicia to run since she is unhappy with the prosecution of Cary.

We missed the last half hour of the show due to the run over of the game.  Thought I had the next show to tape and it didn't.  So had to watch on the CBS site.  Ugh all those commercials!  Don't want to do that again.  

• Love 1

Overall, this was a highly entertaining season premiere. Perhaps one of the best. I loved the darker imagery and cinematography. The scene where all the inmates were huddled in what looked to be a literal hole, where Cary fortuitously met the son of the LGC client was claustrophobic and horrifying. Excellent job from Robert King and whoever the DP is.

I was a little less impressed by Czuchry's acting unfortunately. It was so... contrived. I felt like there was no spectrum of emotions or momentum built. Cary was thrown into lockup as a seasoned (despite his positively boyish appearance) attorney having worked for the state's prosecution in addition to being a defense attorney (so he is knowledgeable of both ends and has probably seen some frightful, unethical, immoral things) yet he is almost instantly demoralized and downtrodden. Really, is he that disoriented after 24 hrs? I'm not sure if this was a choice made by MC himself or a directive, but I thought as an interpretation it was too obvious and not really befitting of an attorney of Cary's experience, privileged background or not. And it looks like this is multi-episode plot so more build up would have been better distributed across the eps. Also, that paired with the rather unsubtle commentary on the corruption of the Chicago police dept and judicial system was overwrought. Ok. I get it. It's a city rife with "inefficiency". Put the hammer (sic) away.

But let's slam it down a few more times to drive home the symbolism of "The Line" Oh, look. It even manifests physically a half dozen times and here is some dialogue drawing attention to it in case you missed the lingering shots... Alright. Those were really my only gripes.

What is all this talk about Kalinda using her sexual prowess to investigate? When did this happen in the episode? I know it's an all too common occurrence that has grown more frequent postseason two, I reckon. But that didn't happen here. Or is this just thinly veiled slut shaming of Kalinda for having casual sex (kinda implied but only loosely) with Sophia before her investigation began? And are we conveniently forgetting that she rebuffed Sophia's advances while in the midst of her investigation? And then turned the tables on Sophia and threatened to snitch to her boss that Sophia had tipped Kalinda off about Cary's arrest? (Doing that would make more sense than claiming Sophia intervened to help Kalinda elude arrest. If they wanted her arrested, she would have been. I reckon Sophia was trying to slow her down.) Because otherwise, Kalinda's investigation involved getting Cary's side of things, interviewing a guy with a grill, getting warned off and spooked (understandably) by Bishop and blackmailing the woman she maybe had sex with prior to her investigation to get information to help Cary's case. Not very sexy.

Sophia is great btw. I like Kelli Giddish in this role more than on SVU. Though, it might have something to do with disliking SVU in general. Plus, she is underutilized.

Marissa was hysterical. Eli was in top form. Obviously, the quick wit runs in the family. I don't like the oncoming retread of Peter's infidelity. It's not that I don't see it as in character. It's that it's so flagrantly evident, I don't see any drama or suspense in it. We've explored its personal implications and its political implications. His and Alicia's marriage is a formality, so Alicia is supposedly beyond caring. What else is there? Oh. The effect on Alicia's political career. Here we go again.

Edited by Narcissus
  • Love 3

I don't like Czuchry's acting either but I thought he was better in this episode. 

Sophia is great btw. I like Kelli Giddish in this role more than on SVU. Though, it might have something to do with disliking SVU in general. Plus, she is underutilized.

I think it is the writing. I liked SVU for a while, in the beginning, but I can't really watch it anymore.

I don't like the oncoming retread of Peter's infidelity. It's not that I don't see it as in character. It's that it's so flagrantly evident, I don't see any drama or suspense in it.

Agree. Not only because I find it boring, but because less (name of the actor) is better. Don't like him, never did, don't think ever will

Great episode.  Obviously they are setting it up for Alicia to run since she is unhappy with the prosecution of Cary.

I think that is what we are setting up for too. Although I am not sure how that will work, since from what we saw in this episode, all Castro has to say is that the reason Alicia is running is because she doesn't like that her law partner was being prosecuted even though it was believed that there firm was assisting Chicago's biggest drug lord in committing crimes. How can she be an effective SA if she has ties to organized crime and her running for office is a vendetta against the current SA. Doesn't have to be true but he can still say it.

• Love 2
Which makes me wonder, if they went through the trouble of bringing back Rojas (Bodie!) and he was one of Bishop's top guys who ownes businesses like laundromats, then why would he bother bringing a bag full of cash. If the official story is that the money is supposed to come from his businesses, then why couldn't he just bring a cheque or do a bank transfer or something. I mean the story they tell the judge should be that one of the firms clients (Mr. Rojas), who really likes Cary decided to put up the money from his businesses.

Well, if Breaking Bad can be considered a quasi legitimate source, when dealing with drugs, a successful head-honcho can still have only so many "legitimate" businesses to launder money through, so many times, you still have way too much cash.  I look at this as Bishops way of "laundering" another 1.3 million of cash.

It seemed to me, though, that didn't Florrig/Agos' bank say they would put up the 1.3 mill if the partners came up with enough cash of their own as a 'security', So use part of that 1.3 mill, say it came from the partners (who each kept a certain amount of actual cash at home, just because), and provide it to their bank as a security for the rest.

• Love 1

So had to watch on the CBS site.  Ugh all those commercials!  Don't want to do that again.

Cgr, I completely agree!  I watched the regular show and the version with commentary, but when I got to the third immense set of commercials in each one, I had to quit. Luckily had recorded the broadcast on DVD.  It is far more commercials than in the actual broadcast. 

Cannot stand Taye Diggs, agreed.  The show does best with serious/drama actors

Totally agree. TGW seems above gimmicky casting like this. Why, why, why, show???  How does Taye Diggs keep ending up in shows that I watch?  How on earth did he end up in a show like The Good Wife? Talk about a mismatch. His acting style just does not match the style of this show At. All.  Ugh. I miss Will and if hiim being gone gets us gimmickly guest stars like this to fill the male void he left then...ugh. I miss Will. 

• Love 2

This episode seemed like a 60-minute "thank you" to Matt Czuchry for being such a solid supporting actor these past five years.  I think he has always deserved more story than he has gotten, and I was expecting more of the same this year with the Kings' comments about making Finn a regular after Will died because the show "needed a man" (paraphrasing).  I felt like MC did a really great job, especially in the scene with AP, and I'm happy to see that he's getting a lot of positive buzz around the internet after this episode.  I don't want to see hours of "Cary suffering in jail", but I am glad to hear that it's not going to be "Cary vanishes into jail, while somehow his story ends up being about Alicia", which is generally what we see on this show.

Also, Finn sucks. He is playing with Cary's life and he knows it. Try to be a little less flirty smug about it, you handsome douche!

Yeah, I don't care for Finn.  Sure, he's doing his job, but he could be a little less gleeful about it.  Geez.

How can she be an effective SA if she has ties to organized crime and her running for office is a vendetta against the current SA. Doesn't have to be true but he can still say it.

Not to mention, what is Bishop going to say (and do) about it?  He's threatening to maim or kill Cary for potentially talking to the SA, and now Cary's partner's name is being bandied about as a potential candidate?  That doesn't look good.

I loved the darker imagery and cinematography. The scene where all the inmates were huddled in what looked to be a literal hole, where Cary fortuitously met the son of the LGC client was claustrophobic and horrifying. Excellent job from Robert King and whoever the DP is.

Agreed.  An incredibly well-crafted episode.

• Love 3

We are trained to judge and dismiss those that are in jail.

But Kalinda knows he's in that jail, she's at the jail with Sophia most likely still following up on Cary's defense, I can't believe she wouldn't have been scanning for him as she passed by prisoners. I'm still going with she ignored him so as not to tip off Sophia whom she's "manipulating" to get Cary off the hook. I mean I think Cary was supposed to feel like he was invisible, so that's not taken away if Kalinda purposely ignored him.

• Love 2

How would recognizing Cary tip off Sophia to anything?  I think it is just meant to show his loss of individuality.

By the way, one of the best moments was when Cary was called out to the conversation area to talk with Kalinda.  His face, when he saw it was her, was an amazing mixture of shame, fear, relief, and holding back tears.  I felt especially bad for him at that moment.

• Love 6

I think the Kalinda sighting was actually to give Cary hope, even while it made him feel like shit.  No way was it coincidental, not on this show.  And yep, for some reason she didn't want blonde girl to know.  At least he can hope someone who is outside the lines is batting for him, whether she saw him or not.  No other reason for her to be there.

• Love 2

I hated this episode. And really, Alicia accepting 1.3 million dollars in cash from yet another shady client to pay for Cary's bail? Does she just take the duffel bag down to wherever bail is paid and plop it on the counter? Does she take it to the bank and deposit it, no questions asked? Really? I don't know what the laws are in the U.S. but if you were to deposit anything over $10,000 in cash in Canada you would have to fill out a form declaring where the money came from. I can't imagine what attention 1.3 MM would draw!

I am so tired of Kalinda and her magic vagina that no mortal can resist. I would not miss her one iota if she were never to grace my screen again. Heck, I'd rather see Grace.

This. It took me three nights to finish the episode. I am not too happy as this was one of my semi-favorite shows to watch. I will give it a couple more chances but.... I too am tired of Kalinda and her magic vagina. Can't she just be good at her job without sex?

Not to mention, what is Bishop going to say (and do) about it?  He's threatening to maim or kill Cary for potentially talking to the SA, and now Cary's partner's name is being bandied about as a potential candidate?  That doesn't look good.

How does it work with regards to lawyers and conflict of interest and the bar association? I mean there was a conflict of interest in this episode where Alicia couldn't represent Carey. But if she were the SA wouldn't she have to swear some kind of oath to get rid of criminals. But if a criminal was her former client (whom she has a duty to protect) how does that work?

Not to mention if Eli is the one pushing her to run, how the hell has he not figured out that Bishop being her client might be a huge issue? He is usually all over that kind of thing.

• Love 2

I can't figure out why Alicia would want to run.  She owns her own firm, and her fate isn't dependent on voters and politics.  Plus, she can make a lot more money as the partner of a law firm than a DA.  I'm also pretty sure she wouldn't want to have the Governor looking over her shoulder all the time.

So what's the upside?  Power?  Over whom?

• Love 4

I have this scary thought that they will make Alicia run because they want to drag the Cary thing for half the season and need her to be elected and dismiss the charges or something like that.

If I am half correct, than this show is jumping the shark.

• Love 1

I can't figure out why Alicia would want to run.  She owns her own firm, and her fate isn't dependent on voters and politics.  Plus, she can make a lot more money as the partner of a law firm than a DA.  I'm also pretty sure she wouldn't want to have the Governor looking over her shoulder all the time.

So what's the upside?  Power?  Over whom?

From what I could tell from this episode, her whole motivation is going to be to remove Castro from office for completely personal reasons. Which seems like a dumb reason to run, especially since it is kind of obvious and something that would probably come out in the course of a campaign.. 

• Love 2

The whole "Alicia running for SA" is just ridiculous to me. Besides the fact that she hates politics, what in the world qualifies her? From what I remember (and I could be wrong as I haven't watched the show from its inception) she has only returned to practising a few years ago after taking many years off to raise her kids. I would think many voters would have not been impressed by her staying with her cheating husband, and running would only confirm what many likely thought that she stayed for where it could get her.

The one thing that has always turned me off about this show is the 'St Alicia' aspect, and nothing would bring that home more than for her to be handed a position such as this. Heck, Diane would be a more suitable candidate one would think.  Not that people have not gone much farther than Alicia based on things other than suitability and qualifications, but I really have no interest in a season of everyone fawning over Alicia like she is the second coming.

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 3

I can't figure out why Alicia would want to run.

Ego; she likes being St. Alicia; she likes winning; she seeks approval; she thinks she knows best; she wants to make a mark; she does have strong beliefs.  You know, the main reasons many run for office these days.

Also, compelling last shot of Alicia behind the podium, Peter standing by her side looking on, symmetry with the opening scene of the series, then fade to grey as they do, so as to be the final scene of the series (there will be a flashback involved in the final episode to remind us of the parallel).

Edited by pennben
  • Love 1

I can't figure out why Alicia would want to run. She owns her own firm, and her fate isn't dependent on voters and politics. Plus, she can make a lot more money as the partner of a law firm than a DA.

Or not. Perhaps the whole Cary plot with the $1.3 mil bail that they now have to prove is legit and for which Alicia was willing to mortgage her home is all about her being able to earn money. Maybe she will have to fall on her sword both for initially accepting tainted money, and then fall on it again by having to come up with alternate money (mortgaging the house after all) and she will be prevented from earning money from her firm as some sort of legal penance or whatever.

People would then vote for St. Alicia who did fall on her sword to protect a soon-to-be-revealed innocent colleague who was getting sliced to bits while wrongfully imprisoned.

We all just knew Robin's blurting out that they only needed $1.3 mil instead of $1.5 mil was going to bite someone in the butt. I'm now guessing the bills were sequential, and the other $200,000 is going to be somehow used to prove that Cary's bail was indeed paid with ill-gotten gains.

Edited by shapeshifter

We all just knew Robin's blurting out that they only needed $1.3 mil instead of $1.5 mil was going to bite someone in the butt. I'm now guessing the bills were sequential, and the other $200,000 is going to be somehow used to prove that Cary's bail was indeed paid with ill-gotten gains.

But if they could prove that the money was ill-gotten, wouldn't Rojas and/or Bishop already be in jail? I mean they have been coming at Bishop hard, which means I assume they would be looking into the financials of him and his associates. If they knew that someone was sitting on 1.5 million of dirty money wouldn't they be in jail for tax evasion?

• Love 1

Lost a really long post. Long and short -- I'm out if one more recording on my DVR contains half or any part of that Tea Leoni show. No point in recording if I have to On Demand the show, and I will not do that for an entire season. DVR deletion usually means show deletion for me.

Love Christine Baranski, Alan Cummings and actor who plays Cary. If I didnt I would not be watching because I can't stand Alicia.

Bothered by Diane's Kalinda as an employee insistence because of how she dismissed the other investigator.

Cary's entire interaction with the police was ridiculous, although it does correspond to this show's delusional perceptions of race. Also, are we still being subjected to the Kalinda Cary foolishness? The show needs to move on from it. Cary looks weak and pathetic and no one respects weak and pathetic.

• Love 1

What happened to discovery? How could Alicia, as Cary's attorney, not be given even the actual charge against him before appearing in front of the judge? THat does not seem correct. And Cary never did get his phone call? I don't think that is likely either because the cops would not want the charge thrown out on a technicality. I didn't hear them read him his rights either when they arrested him. I know Chicago PD is known to be somewhat corrupt, but I thought they went a little far with that.

Criminal attorney here to agree with Amelie06. Miranda is only for custody + interrogation. They don't have to be read if the police aren't both holding and questioning you, and a failure to read them in that case would lead only to the prosecution not being allowed to use the statement as part of their main case. 

Also, Alicia learned the charges when Cary was being arraigned. Arraignment was the moment at which Cary was formally charged and when he had to be told the charges against him. In most places in the country, you can be held for 48 hours without being charged. Also, the prosecutor determines the ultimate charge, not the police.

And discovery would never occur at such an early stage. The US Constitution provides no right to discovery. I'm not sure how much Illinois requires, but the state's attorney wouldn't be required to turn over information that soon after an arrest. Realistically, the police haven't even finished their paperwork yet. 

This show generally gets the criminal procedure correct. For instance, that much bail in a drug case is *of course* going to be subject to an examination of its source. (I can't remember whether the defendant has to prove the money came from clean sources or the prosecution has to prove it didn't, but it's a lower standard than beyond a reasonable doubt, so it's not the equivalent of being able to convict Rojas of a crime.)

The conflict of interest was poorly handled, though. Bishop and Cary would both have to waive privilege, and if they did, it would be a much bigger deal for the judge to disqualify Alicia anyway. There is a strong right to choose your lawyer, as long as you can afford whomever you want. 

• Love 4

I can't figure out why Alicia would want to run. 

If I had any faith in the writing, I'd say that Cary is being used to set up the reason.  Will was killed because the SA office intentionally used the prison system to pressure the kid that eventually lashed out and murdered Will.  Now the SA office is subjecting Cary to the same treatment to get him to roll on Bishop.  Alicia could conceivably become irate enough to run so she can destroy beat the SA who had a hand in both of these events and clean up the office.

• Love 5

I'm out if one more recording on my DVR contains half or any part of that Tea Leoni show. No point in recording if I have to On Demand the show, and I will not do that for an entire season. DVR deletion usually means show deletion for me.

You'll likely be out, because overruns are quite common during the football season.  Have you added time to the end of your Good Wife recording?  I always add time as there are many sport delays on Sundays.

I don't watch the show that often, but this was a lot of "Hey It's That Guy/Gal!" in this episode even without the cast and special guest stars.  Guy from a lot of shows I've seen!  Kelli Giddish from L+O: SVU!  Artie from the Sopranos!  Chick from Pump Up The Volume!  Does that happen often here?

• Love 1

"Yeah, I don't like that. I haven't been sure what the show is trying to accomplish with Peter. I got a little insight from the Kings commentary of this ep. (They like the recurring theme of people being guilty until proven innocent.) But so much of the stuff around Peter just seems so wrong-headed. Yes, he cheated in the past but we've also see that since then he's fallen back in love with Alicia so this constant "Peter's cheating" suspicion bothers me mainly because it always seems to come from Eli. First it was his ridiculous idea that Peter was the father of Marilyn's baby and now it's Commando Intern. If Eli really thinks that Peter is just a scandal waiting to go off, he should get himself another job."

I'm one forgiving people of their past actions, but not Peter. His behavior regarding his infidelity and towards Alicia has always bothered me. He wants Alicia to just move on from what he did rather than talk about it and give her some kind of answers as to why he strayed. When she asked if their was anyone else, he said no, and then got indignant when she found out about kalinda and acted as if Alicia was wrong to be upset about it. He believes he has more of a right to be upset at Alicia's affair from when they separated than her being upset about him cheating while they were together. He only wants to try on his term, which is why I loved Alicia's line about his cheating meaning nothing, but hers meant everything. He discards her feelings about his affairs, but places his feelings on a pedestal concerning her affair.

And because peter refuses to even talk about why he cheated, him falling in love with Alicia again means nothing. Most likely, peter was on board with her being a stay at home mom, the woman he fell out of love with. (And the role he'd assumed she'd take once he got back on his feet after he was released from jail) the woman he fell in love with was career driven Alicia. Whenever Alicia is with peter, minus when she's angry, she sorta reverts back to the housewife role.

Regarding Eli's suspicion, it's understandable. Peter is secretive with everyone and you only find out stuff on a need to know basis. He'd lie to your face and, after caught, start talking about how complicated the situation was when, in fact, if he'd been honest from the jump start, he wouldn't look so guilty, if, at all. The only people who trust him completely is his mom and his kids--even Marilyn stopped trusting peter in the end and she believed in him whole heartedly.

This is my long winded way of saying, despite the tiresome storyline, peter is never above suspicion because he refuses to be honest to those close to him and/or those looking out for him best interests.

• Love 2

WOW I loved this episode. I watch it on a week delay on the CBS app for my iPad so I always have to stay away from people talking about it before I see it! I guess I did a great job because I had no clue that Cary would be arrested. Scary stuff. Great acting. Loved that this show is back!

Also what was cool is that they had two versions available for watching online - one was with commentary! I haven't watched the whole thing but there is quite a lot of background on what the writers and producers wanted to accomplish with the start of this season.

• Love 1