Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E01: Once Upon a Time in the West

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, Phebemarie said:

Could Mabel’s clothes be purposefully ill fitting and unflattering this season?  I noticed when they were walking down the NY street in Hollywood, Mabel walked with her hands down, showing the tightness of her pleated skirt.  Then, she dropped her hands and folded her arms across her stomach.  

Why would costumers put Selena Gomez in clothing that isn’t flattering when they obviously have Steve Martin and Martin Short in attractive outfits?

A bra would really have helped. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, peeayebee said:

Oh duh. I didn't make the connection. I had CC on and was wondering why the name wasn't spelled Gravy.

This was explained via text-message between Howard and Mabel. You might have been looking away when they showed the texts and missed that part as no one was speaking at the time.

• Like 1
(edited)
9 minutes ago, mledawn said:

This was explained via text-message between Howard and Mabel. You might have been looking away when they showed the texts and missed that part as no one was speaking at the time.

I was looking at a large screen and wasn't able to read it in the short amount of time it was on screen. And I'm a pretty skilled speed skimmer. 
I think in general shows are cutting short the on-screen time for close-ups of text messages and just putting anything important in following dialog, probably because test audiences weren't reading them anyway.

Edited by shapeshifter
10 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

I doubt they'd use the Rust shooting fiasco as a plot point when it's still working its way through the courts — if that's what you were thinking?

Not directly, no. But the movie clip took up a lot of time and sazz would know people in the stunt business. If the next episode starts with a clip we can start piecing it together. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, akiss said:

I guess I don’t see what everyone is seeing because to me Maybel and her outfits look great. 

I also saw nothing wrong with Mabel's outfit. I'm also not one for talking about a woman's body in general especially someone like Selena Gomez who has well documented health issues like lupus and who had a kidney transplant. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 9
10 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I think perhaps Sazz realized Charles was the intended target and may actually suspect someone specific as the killer. She may also fear that she would be the next one on their list so she would prefer for them and the world to think she was dead, which would provide another reason for her fake incineration and her disappearance.

I'm hoping that she's alive, but poor Charles thinking she's dead!

• Hugs 2
(edited)
12 hours ago, Yeah No said:

So once again like last season I'm not convinced there's a murder here just yet, cadaver dog or no cadaver dog

I figure they can handwave that with an explanation of something like "she was a cadaver dog, but she wasn't very good at it," or something snarky about her less than stellar sniff-out-the-stiff abilities. 

And d'oh to me because here we are 12 hours after I've watched the show, and only because of you fine folks did I realize that Gravy was actually Gravey.  Now it makes sense!  I didn't see it spelled out on the show, so I'm glad you all caught it, and because I'm in the south, when I hear 'gravy,' my mind goes to biscuits & gravy, so I was trying to make a connection with that!  😄

Edited by Chit Chat
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
Just now, Chit Chat said:

I figure they can handwave that with an explanation of something like "she was a cadaver dog, but she kept sniffing out live people....." or something much snarkier/clever than that! 

I was looking into cadaver dogs and they are trained to smell the chemicals produced by decomposing flesh, even cremated flesh. But someone knowing that the remains might be found and scrutinized might have compensated for that by using someone else's remains - perhaps a relative they had in an urn. And they may have spread the area in the kitchen and the trail to the incinerator with those ashes too. Even if a DNA test were attempted to see if they were in fact Sazz's ashes, finding DNA in ashes is extremely rare so they might not be worried about that.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
9 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

I was looking into cadaver dogs and they are trained to smell the chemicals produced by decomposing flesh, even cremated flesh. But someone knowing that the remains might be found and scrutinized might have compensated for that by using someone else's remains - perhaps a relative they had in an urn. And they may have spread the area in the kitchen and the trail to the incinerator with those ashes too. Even if a DNA test were attempted to see if they were in fact Sazz's ashes, finding DNA in ashes is extremely rare so they might not be worried about that.

The more I think of it this seems like a game. The trio were also talking about finding a subject  for the podcast and how lucky they have been. 

someone will die, though. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
9 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Yes, and there was a line in the episode saying the incinerator was no longer operational right before Charles found the hip replacement, which did seem odd.

When the lights go out...

Charles: Power surge. That hasn't happened in a while.
Oliver: Not since they banned the old incinerator.

Sounds to me like the old incinerator still worked but no one was supposed to use it because the power would go off. 

Right now I think that Sazz is dead. She was shot in the chest. She started to write something on the floor in her blood, but that was apparently cleaned up by the killer or his/her accomplice. If she was trying to leave a clue, why would she then clean it up?

I reserve the right to change my mind.

• Like 13
  • Useful 6
On 8/27/2024 at 12:38 AM, sjankis630 said:

you beat me to it.

I thought this one ended on a real macabre note that I did not see coming. I like the direction this is headed though. It was very dark and I didn't see them going there so early in the season. They did not start right into a discovery phase like before and that was OK in my book.

It had some good lines as well. I am assuming that travel back and forth to Hollywood will be the necessity at this point. I look forward to it but will have to rewatch to catch the clues at Sazz's apartment.

I do have one odd thing to point out. I know nothing about fashion but since the first episode each of the main actors has dressed well. I would say Mabel always has on some "bad" (meaning good) outfit that even i know looks great. But for some reason her dress at the party in Hollywood looked horrible to me. It made her shape look weird and quite frankly aged her greatly. That one dress made her look like a woman in her late 40s- early 50s - with a cute young face. I know I know not what I speak of but can anyone confirm or set me straight that I really don't know fashion?

The dress was not becoming to her figure.  It made her look heavy and I never think that otherwise.  Yeah, and thinking about it, it did age her.

I was glad to have the show back but it felt slow to me and I kept expecting the pace to pick up with more happening.

• Like 2

I'm so glad this show is back! 

I don't think Sazz was the target, or if she was, it wasn't because of whatever she was looking into for/about Charles.  Because if it was due to that, her apartment would have been cleaned out.

I'm intrigued by the theories that Sazz is still alive.  I'd like that to be so, but there's a lot of handwaving that needs to happen.   First, her surviving a shot to the chest, seemingly very close to the heart.  I don't remember what implants she had, but having some titanium implant near/around the heart would be odd.  Titanium ribs???   Second, she has to have on her, or be able to quickly procure, an extra implant while in NY.  Third, how would she know the trio (or police) would automatically think of the incinerator?  The only reason the trio did is because the power outage when they were finishing up the podcast. 

However, as someone pointed out above, there's no way the incinerator would burn hot enough to make bones turn to ash (that doesn't happen in regular cremations, still a lot of chunks left).  That seems to be a pretty obvious mistake for the producers of this show, so it could be a misdirect.  In any event, once the police came into play they'd know quickly if there were human ashes/remains in that incinerator.  So if it is a fake out, they'll know in the next episode.

Also, Sazz seemed to be writing something out in blood with her hand in the recap shot.  Will something show up under black light, perhaps?

I love Sazz's apartment, and Mabel's envy of it, too. 

I also wasn't crazy about Mabel's outfits, but I will choose instead to focus on Meryl Streep.  Damn!  She looked amazing!  Oliver has a hot girlfriend!  But what was with his hesitation to keep things going with her?  Seriously Oliver?

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, chaifan said:

I also wasn't crazy about Mabel's outfits, but I will choose instead to focus on Meryl Streep.  Damn!  She looked amazing!  Oliver has a hot girlfriend!  But what was with his hesitation to keep things going with her?  Seriously Oliver?

They made it sound like he was going to pop the question and he backed off. I winder if he will at the end of the season. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
27 minutes ago, Suzn said:

I was glad to have the show back but it felt slow to me and I kept expecting the pace to pick up with more happening.

I'll disagree on this point.  I really liked the pacing of this, especially as the first episode of the season.  I liked how they went from NY to LA to NY, and it didn't seem choppy to me.  They introduced a boat load of new characters, too.  It was short, though - 37 minutes.  Aren't they usually more like 42? 

Oh, and I forgot to mention above...  I'm thinking Mabel negotiated for more than just money.  Script approval rights, or something that protects her personally.  I liked Eva Longoria's seemingly rambling me me me speech that ended with "ask for a lot of money and then build something with it."  (But not tequila!)  I think that will be key by the end of the season.  Mabel is down, she's homeless, she's pining for Sazz's apartment, the LA team sees her as a loser.  I think this is a setup for a spectacular comeback for Mabel.  And, that might explain the somewhat dowdy wardrobe choices - it sets her up for a glam makeover.  Maybe she ends up with Sazz's place in the end, too.

And why hasn't Charles or Oliver had her move in with them???  Yeah, she stayed at Oliver's the night they got back to NY, but where is she normally staying now?

• Like 8
  • Love 2
(edited)
56 minutes ago, chaifan said:

I don't think Sazz was the target, or if she was, it wasn't because of whatever she was looking into for/about Charles.  Because if it was due to that, her apartment would have been cleaned out.

But apparently there was someone in her apartment when the trio was in there, so I'm guessing he/she was looking for something important.

I'm intrigued by the theories that Sazz is still alive.  I'd like that to be so, but there's a lot of handwaving that needs to happen.   First, her surviving a shot to the chest, seemingly very close to the heart.  I don't remember what implants she had, but having some titanium implant near/around the heart would be odd.  Titanium ribs???

The x-rays were of her shoulder, hand, knee (I think), and hip.

However, as someone pointed out above, there's no way the incinerator would burn hot enough to make bones turn to ash (that doesn't happen in regular cremations, still a lot of chunks left).  That seems to be a pretty obvious mistake for the producers of this show, so it could be a misdirect.

My thought is that we're to accept that a body will burn to ashes in an incinerator. I know that's not accurate, but it looks better on such a show as this -- a show that is not realistic -- as Charles is sifting thru the ashes to find the titanium parts. 

Also, Sazz seemed to be writing something out in blood with her hand in the recap shot.  Will something show up under black light, perhaps?

Yes, I assume they'll use luminol and a black light and discover the message, otherwise why would we have seen Sazz writing something?

38 minutes ago, Affogato said:

They made it sound like he was going to pop the question and he backed off. I winder if he will at the end of the season. 

I think Loretta thought he was going to ask. She was disappointed, but he's not even thinking that way right now.

Edited by peeayebee
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, Yeah No said:

You can buy the scents used in cadaver dog training - it's possible that something like that was used to get Gravey to alert and lead them to the incinerator.   People on a German Shepherd list I was on used to call it "Dead Fred".   There are a bunch of them available online. 

• Useful 2
8 minutes ago, peeayebee said:

But apparently there was someone in her apartment when the trio was in there, so I'm guessing he/she was looking for something important.

Oh, yes, I forgot about that.  But that was several days later, right?  The killer was able to remove Sazz's body and clean up in record time.  Why wait so long to get to her apartment if it were that important? 

1 hour ago, chaifan said:

she has to have on her, or be able to quickly procure, an extra implant while in NY. 

NYC is a place to get everything…

… Titanium ribs???  …

Nice theory to pair with the no dead body on screen.
The writing in the blood could still be a luminol-able clue to where Sazz is.

35 minutes ago, peeayebee said:

Yes, I assume they'll use luminol and a black light and discover the message, otherwise why would we have seen Sazz writing something?

They need to leave something for Detective Williams, heh. And maybe she goes to Hollywood since Charles & co. neglected to check the dates of the piled up mail, and she would also want to see the contents.

there's no way the incinerator would burn hot enough to make bones turn to ash (that doesn't happen in regular cremations, still a lot of chunks left). 

FWIW,
Google says a cremation incinerator burns at 1,400 to 2,000 degrees Fahrenheit,
and this website: 
myinwood.net/inwoods-215th-street-incinerator-smokestacks
says a very large 1930s NYC incinerator burned up to 2,800 degrees Fahrenheit. 
🤷🏻‍♀️

32 minutes ago, peeayebee said:

I think Loretta thought he was going to ask. She was disappointed, but he's not even thinking that way right now.

I thought maybe he was. If not "will you marry me," then what…?

On rewatching, I was again a little disappointed that when Meryl floated out so elegantly in that black dress that Selena couldn't keep her fangirling from showing. But maybe that was a director's choice to let it go??

• Like 2
  • Fire 1
  • Useful 5
4 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I'm also not one for talking about a woman's body in general especially someone like Selena Gomez who has well documented health issues like lupus and who had a kidney transplant. 

I think there's a difference between talking about costuming and how an outfit was not flattering on a character, and discussing the physical appearance of the actress playing that character.    

And why hasn't Charles or Oliver had her move in with them???  Yeah, she stayed at Oliver's the night they got back to NY, but where is she normally staying now?

I had wondered this as well since last season when we saw the place had been sold.  Maybe she's out at her mother's house on Long Island? 

I'm still laughing at Grey's Anatomy New Orleans: Family Burn Unit.   

• Like 4
  • Love 1
On 8/27/2024 at 10:33 AM, cardigirl said:

Apart from dropping only one episode, it was without ads, which I appreciated. I'm sure the rest won't be that way.

Speak for yourself!  I had 2 ad breaks, I think 90 seconds each. I will very rarely get an episode of something on Hulu without ads.  I sort of wondered if it was because I'd been binging something and the algorithm decided I had watched enough ads for now, but I can't pin that down.

17 hours ago, sjankis630 said:

Question. Are you trying to post from your phone or your computer? I have no issues on my home PC or Macbook Pro but whenever I try and read this thread on my iphone the popups and autoscroll make it almost impossible to just read. It keeps scrolling back up every time I try and read down the comments.

This entire site (all the forums) has constant reloading issues when I read on my iPad. 

• Like 5

What was that Brooklyn (I think???) street scene supposed to signify? 
Was it a flashback?

Anyway, I love a grammatically correct triple negative: 

• “I don't wanna know nobody who don't love New York City.”
  • Like 1
  • LOL 5
(edited)
55 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

What was that Brooklyn (I think???) street scene supposed to signify? 
Was it a flashback?

Anyway, I love a grammatically correct triple negative: 

• “I don't wanna know nobody who don't love New York City.”

It was a movie set. Godzilla movie. “That Lizard gets a lot of work.” They were in LA. 

That lizard does get a lot of work!

Edited by Affogato
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 1

I am really anxious for this season to be back but I sincerely hope we will not be back in the passages. I swear if there is an episode where poor Sazz is alive and in the passages changing clothes to match Charles .........

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

I just read on another board that someone was asking if Charles took off his glasses and turned on his kettle. They were implying that there was someone in his apartment who took off his glasses , turned off his tv and started the kettle. I don't agree but I thought it was interesting.

• Like 1
On 8/27/2024 at 2:10 AM, thuganomics85 said:

Charles "slipping the note" to Molly Shannon's character on that oversized table was classic Steve Martin physical comedy!

Didn't he do that with Tina Fey's character? I felt like I had seen it before.

11 hours ago, peeayebee said:

When the lights go out...

Charles: Power surge. That hasn't happened in a while.
Oliver: Not since they banned the old incinerator.

Sounds to me like the old incinerator still worked but no one was supposed to use it because the power would go off.

I missed that line! Though now I am confused if that is what led the group to the incinerator, or if Gravey did?

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, secnarf said:

I missed that line! Though now I am confused if that is what led the group to the incinerator, or if Gravey did?

I thought it was Gravey.

I hope they don't spend too much time in LA. To me NY is integral to this show, and I didn't really like how it was chopped up into two settings.

The ending was really sad! This is the first time the audience has had a real connection to the murder victim. I like the theory that Sazz is still alive, but I don't think someone writes a message in their own blood if they aren't about to die, so I dunno. I think I'm going to resign myself to her being gone and just hope there are plenty of Jane Lynch flashbacks to make it worthwhile.

Planning to rewatch later to try and figure out the significance of that movie scene they spent so much time on. I'm glad to be watching something released weekly so I have time to savor and rewatch each episode instead of just plowing through.

• Like 2

After rewatching today, I too believe Sazz is still alive. Or at least that was not her in the incinerator. Those were not human cremains. Putting aside that they would not be that fine, the smell of burning flesh would have permeated the entire building. 

I love that Howard has gone from neighbor they hardly knew, to someone who can just (or at least thinks they can just) walk into Charles’ apartment. With a dog. And I would listen a podcast about Animal Jobs. 

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, Sesquipedalia said:

like the theory that Sazz is still alive, but I don't think someone writes a message in their own blood if they aren't about to die, so I dunno.

There’s a possibility someone saved Sazz and they’re in hiding.
Or kidnapped.
I’m agnostic as to whether or not Sazz is dead or alive.

2 hours ago, Sesquipedalia said:

Planning to rewatch later to try and figure out the significance of that movie scene they spent so much time on.

I did rewatch but didn’t glean anything. 
I may do another rewatch of that scene after more episodes have aired, giving us more points of reference.

3 hours ago, Sesquipedalia said:

I'm glad to be watching something released weekly so I have time to savor and rewatch each episode instead of just plowing through.

Yes. I think binging does a disservice to the creators, and binging anything isn’t pleasant for me.

• Like 3
14 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

FWIW,
Google says a cremation incinerator burns at 1,400 to 2,000 degrees Fahrenheit,
and this website: 
myinwood.net/inwoods-215th-street-incinerator-smokestacks
says a very large 1930s NYC incinerator burned up to 2,800 degrees Fahrenheit.
🤷🏻‍♀️

Firstly, I am blown away by this link you posted - more on that in a bit.

Yes, but we are talking about an apartment building, not that huge 215th Street incinerator. So I was looking into that and it looks like even an apartment building incinerator can get up to 2,000 degrees. So I wouldn't argue that it's not hot enough to cremate a body. But crematoriums are made specifically to cremate remains so there may be factors that would make a regular apartment building incinerator not perform quite as well and the results would not be as fine as we saw in this episode. By factors I mean the size, dimensions, what it's constructed of, etc.

About this link you posted on the 215th St. incinerator - If you remember me talking in the chit chat thread about my childhood apartment in the Bronx overlooking the tip end of Manhattan and my binoculars, well the 215th St. incinerator was directly across the river from my apartment building! In fact, you can see my apartment building in the photos of the incinerator on that page from the angle facing the Bronx! There's a river between them but you don't see it in the photos. That big white building high in the photo is the Veteran's Administration Hospital. My building is the pink one under it on the right with no buildings next to it.

Not only that, when I was a kid I suffered from a chronically stuffy nose and the doctors were stumped as to what was causing it. Well, thanks to the EPA, that incinerator was shut down in 1970 and suddenly my stuffy nose cleared up. I didn't make the connection because I didn't even know it had been shut down, but my mother did and to this day I believe that's what was causing it!

Anyway, thank you for that page, I am going to finish reading it when I have time.

• Like 7
30 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

There’s a possibility someone saved Sazz and they’re in hiding.
Or kidnapped.

I was mulling over both thoughts last night but decided not to post them because I'm afraid I post too many theories, and I'm not really convinced yet of this. But great minds certainly do think alike!

The thing that bothered me about the kidnapping theory is who would do that and why? The would-be killer? And if not the killer how would they know she was there to kidnap? I haven't mulled that over enough to come up with anything, at least not yet.

As far as someone saving Sazz, how would someone know she needed saving? Did she call someone while laying there? The mind boggles, but we did have the same thoughts so it's something I'll be thinking about in the future.

• Like 2
28 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

I was mulling over both thoughts last night but decided not to post them because I'm afraid I post too many theories, and I'm not really convinced yet of this. But great minds certainly do think alike!

The thing that bothered me about the kidnapping theory is who would do that and why? The would-be killer? And if not the killer how would they know she was there to kidnap? I haven't mulled that over enough to come up with anything, at least not yet.

As far as someone saving Sazz, how would someone know she needed saving? Did she call someone while laying there? The mind boggles, but we did have the same thoughts so it's something I'll be thinking about in the future.

Of course my mind immediately generates theories to answer your questions, but experience with this show makes me want to wait a few more episodes before throwing them out there.

BTW, I am not convinced the incinerator could have done a more thorough job of turning a body to ash than a regulated crematory. It just seems possible.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Yeah No said:

Anyway, thank you for that page, I am going to finish reading it when I have time.

Maybe after you do finish reading it, post in the small talk thread?

I have thoughts, LOL.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, shapeshifter said:

Maybe after you do finish reading it, post in the small talk thread?

I have thoughts, LOL.

Will do, later today when I have time!

• Like 1
20 hours ago, Affogato said:

The more I think of it this seems like a game. The trio were also talking about finding a subject  for the podcast and how lucky they have been. 

someone will die, though. 

Isn't that Jessica Fletcher syndrome?

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
(edited)

Count me in the small group that watches this show for the fun spoofs, like last year’s theater plot, and this year’s Hollywood plot looks like fun. I find the mysteries uninteresting!  Too convoluted and drawn out. I just can’t follow them, and I’m a mystery fan. 

Edited by EtheltoTillie
11 hours ago, sjankis630 said:

I just read on another board that someone was asking if Charles took off his glasses and turned on his kettle. They were implying that there was someone in his apartment who took off his glasses , turned off his tv and started the kettle. 

I don't understand. I will say that when we see him in bed and then at the kettle, I was confused. I thought it was a weird edit, but I think was just a small passage of time -- Charles got up, turned on the kettle, went to the bathroom, then returned to turn off the kettle. But I'm definitely going to rewatch the ep, not just for this scene.

9 hours ago, Sesquipedalia said:

I thought it was Gravey.

Yes, it was definitely Gravey who led them to the chute for the incinerator.

I hope they don't spend too much time in LA. To me NY is integral to this show, and I didn't really like how it was chopped up into two settings.

So far I don't mind. I will say that I loved that Hollywood scene of a stereotypical NYC street. Lots of great little jokes.

• Like 4
19 minutes ago, peeayebee said:

So far I don't mind. I will say that I loved that Hollywood scene of a stereotypical NYC street. Lots of great little jokes.

Exactly my point upthread.  This is lots of fun. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, EtheltoTillie said:

Isn't that Jessica Fletcher syndrome?

Well yes and also what people have been saying, how many murders in one building?  In reality they could branch out. Three block radius. Maybe the borough. 

• Like 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, EtheltoTillie said:

Count me in the small group that watches this show for the fun spoofs, like last year’s theater plot, and this year’s Hollywood plot looks like fun. I find the mysteries uninteresting!  Too convoluted and drawn out. I just can’t follow them, and I’m a mystery fan. 

That is largely my position on this show.  I'm a mystery reader/watcher, but not really to try to solve the cases and that is especially true for OMITB.  I just enjoy the main three interacting and for them to interact with other great characters.

Of the characters other than the main three, my favorite is Howard.  He has subtle bits of business he does and I love to watch for them.  My next favorite is the woman police officer (drawing a blank on her name).

Edited by Suzn
  • Like 4
13 hours ago, secnarf said:

Gravey led them to the upper door of the incinerator - the one on the floor where Charles' appartment is.  But they had commented on the incinerator when they were recording the last episode of the podcast and the power went out.

I liked that Scott Bakula was dressing like Sazz instead of the other way around.

Maybe Sazz had an identical twin sister!  They haven't done evil twins yet.

• Like 4
25 minutes ago, meep.meep said:

Maybe Sazz had an identical twin sister!  They haven't done evil twins yet.

Alternatively, this could be like Christian Bale in The Prestige ... where one twin always hid his existence to make the magic act work...

• Like 2
2 hours ago, paigow said:

Alternatively, this could be like Christian Bale in The Prestige ... where one twin always hid his existence to make the magic act work...

I don't typically theorize on the mysteries of this show, but this reference got me thinking. What if Sazz has a twin, and that twin helps carry the load for Sazz's stunts? Charles mentioned that she's got a ton of replaced joints and body parts, and I imagine being a stuntperson is a difficult industry to stay in, into old(er) age. So what if Sazz's body started breaking down faster than she wanted, so she brought her twin sister in to split some of the workload? I just don't know if it's a fakeout and it was the twin who was shot, or if she's an evil twin (credit: @meep.meep) that is behind the murder.

I'll probably be proven wrong by Ep2, which is why I let all of you brilliant people do the guessing and speculating, haha. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, Night Cheese said:

I'll probably be proven wrong by Ep2, which is why I let all of you brilliant people do the guessing and speculating, haha. 

It's fun to speculate with this show.  It has so many twists and turns, that whenever I think it's going one direction, it goes the opposite way!  I'm along for the ride and so happy it's back!

• Like 2
16 hours ago, Sesquipedalia said:

Planning to rewatch later to try and figure out the significance of that movie scene they spent so much time on.

I thought it was about the fly trapped in the gun, and thought it would lead to the discovery of Sazz's remains covered with flies, but couldn't figure out how a dead body in Charles's apartment wouldn't stink to high heaven.

4 hours ago, meep.meep said:

Gravey led them to the upper door of the incinerator - the one on the floor where Charles' appartment is.  But they had commented on the incinerator when they were recording the last episode of the podcast and the power went out.

Yes, Gravey did lead them there.  The comment about power outages not happening since the incinerator was closed down provides further "evidence" that the incinerator was used shortly before the trio returned to Charles' apartment after they finished recording the podcast, although none of them have mentioned it yet.  One of them will probably remember and bring it up next episode when the police are called in.

With regard to Selena Gomez' sequined dress with the plunging neckline worn in LA: in my opinion, anyone with more than very small natural breasts wearing that dress without a bra would have had the same issue, no matter what their figure was like.  I just don't find breasts hanging low on the torso in a slinky outfit to be particularly attractive on me or anyone else. Proper support would have changed all that. I've seen her on the red carpet and in promotions for the show, and she doesn't normally dress this way, so I doubt it's a personal choice not to wear a bra (which would certainly be her right.)  Selena is beautiful, but the dress as worn was simply not flattering.

Meryl Streep, Molly Shannon and Eva Longoria are 43, 27, and 17 years older than her, and all were dressed in far more complimentary ways.  I especially liked Meryl's outfit that revealed her shoulder while covering most of her arm (not that I'm saying there's anything "wrong" with Meryl's arms!) which might work for a lot of women who don't like to reveal their upper arms, but want something fancy.  I thought Meryl looked gorgeous.

• Like 2
  • Love 1