Type keyword(s) to search

Season 02

WendyCR72
  • Start Topic

46 minutes ago, Xeliou66 said:

I was a bit unclear of why the killer was going after Benny, what had he done to Alex? Did he get him involved in the gang?

I think Benny was also involved in the shooting 4 years ago, Alex didn't tell the police on him and Ramirez and went to jail for them. The show didn't do a good job explaining him.

With what we know at the end, why didn't the father go after Benny first?

46 minutes ago, Xeliou66 said:

The reason the FBI didn’t show up when Ramirez was shot is that it appeared to be a routine gang murder, no real need for the FBI

I understand. I was being sarcastic. The agents getting called in at night for Nicole reminded me of the kidnapper from the last episode claiming the FBI only moves fast for the rich people.

I agree with the show has enough to survive without Maggie and wonder how Missy will feel if ratings goes up during her absence.

Edited by mxc90
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a bit of a laugh when OA and Maggie got the call about the suspect car, and approached it with guns drawn.  All the while, the NYPD officers are just standing back, guns in holsters, waiting for something to happen.

• Love 2

The boy should have ratted his friend out and moved so he could go to college. The family should have moved as well to be safe. Lets be honest the father popped the leader of the gang in his own turf and nobody came after him anyway, not much of a gang.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, mxc90 said:

The FBI has staff 24 hours, did all these agents need to be called in at night on their off time for Nicole's shooting? They didn't show up when Ramirez got shot.

Besides pointing to and calling out the suspect's name from across the street to give him a running start, the other trope in crime shows is that only the show's principals can be called to the scene, any time of the day and no matter how far away they are. At least CSI once or twice acknowledged that LVPD did have a day shift.

• Like 1
18 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

I was a bit unclear of why the killer was going after Benny, what had he done to Alex? Did he get him involved in the gang?

My understanding is that four years ago, Alex was driving a car with Benny in it. Benny actually fired the shots that killed someone. Alex didn’t know that was going to happen. When the prosecutor pressed him to talk, Alex’s father told him not to give up Benny. That’s because Ramirez has threatened Alex’s father and his family and also assured him Alex would be protected. Ramirez is apparently somewhat high up in the gangs or something. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Xantar said:

My understanding is that four years ago, Alex was driving a car with Benny in it. Benny actually fired the shots that killed someone. Alex didn’t know that was going to happen. When the prosecutor pressed him to talk, Alex’s father told him not to give up Benny. That’s because Ramirez has threatened Alex’s father and his family and also assured him Alex would be protected. Ramirez is apparently somewhat high up in the gangs or something. 

I’m pretty sure Ramirez was the one who killed someone while in the car with Alex. That’s why I’m a bit unsure as to Benny’s role. 

9 hours ago, FinnishViewer said:

Her character is not pregnant. Or was the question in jest?

Jest. 

10 hours ago, Bobbin said:

Besides pointing to and calling out the suspect's name from across the street to give him a running start, the other trope in crime shows is that only the show's principals can be called to the scene, any time of the day and no matter how far away they are.  

And this time no words spoken, the suspect just looked at the agents, saw the tiny letters "F.B.I.", took a few seconds to process and then was off to the races. The writers must read this board.

I do appreciate all the agents showing up in their business attire. Not one wore their PJs or kept their sweat pants on rushing from the gym.

• Like 1

I liked this episode and I don't get how the father knew where the girl would be as well as the other people he blamed. 

How do you guys know the person is the killer as soon as he is on the screen? 

I admit, I wonder how long until Mona and OA break up. Not sure why but I don't see this working out at all. 

On 3/11/2020 at 6:46 PM, Xeliou66 said:
On 3/11/2020 at 6:30 PM, Xantar said:

I’m pretty sure Ramirez was the one who killed someone while in the car with Alex. That’s why I’m a bit unsure as to Benny’s role. 

No. Benny was indeed in the car that Aex was driving, and Benny killed someone. Alex and family was threatened by Ramirez not to tell on Benny because Benny was in the gang that Ramirez was the leader of. Remember either OA or Scola questioning Benny about still being in the gang. He pulled down his sleeve to conceal the gang tattoo on his arm and said he was out. No idea why the dad didn't go after Benny first.

• Useful 2

Here is the description for S02.E18, "American Dreams" (1), airing in two weeks on March 24, 2020. Of note, based on the (1) after the title, it will apparently be a crossover event with FBI: Most Wanted.

In the first part of a crossover with FBI: Most Wanted, Jess LaCroix and his team come to help OA find a fugitive LaCroix arrested years ago after a bus with 26 students goes missing and he’s the main suspect.

Jubal introduced LaCroix like Michael Buffer introducing a boxer walking to the ring. Lacroix was missing a crown, cape and scepter as he walked through the masses!

Did the school bus driver really need to put out the stop sign? Always follow proper protocol for a bus jacking!

The scenes with the different agents working in the field didn't seem special. I was more interested to see Jubal and LaCroix clash over methods.

Barnes' introductory words to Scola were "you slept with my roommate..."? Seems odd to bring up in a professional building.

Emily called Stubb's name at the factory and he was off like horse out the gate and later OA shouts "FBI, don't move" from a second floor as Sam is outside (of course he runs). I wonder if the writers are treating these as a running gag!

Didn't take long for Sam to get killed and tossed in the trash.

How are the backup units 7 minutes away? They could have left at the same time OA left the FBI building!

The FBI has to check all leads, I don't get  Isobel being hesitant to send agents to "Play Town" without "real facts". She could have asked the local police to drive by and take a see. The kid's parents would have tried to kill her if they found out about this.

When was the father going to tell the FBI his son was home?  Oh! Uh! We just happened to find him walking down the side of the road!

Due to daddy paying for only Owen, the kid probably lost all the friends he had on the bus. Those other kids are pissed they weren't considered important enough for the rich father and will ignore Owen in the lunch room and playground.

Jubal! Those kids aren't going to school tomorrow.

Edited by mxc90
  • Like 1
  • Love 3

Dumbass: "If we ID the driver [of the getaway vehicle] it might lead us to the kids!"
Netfoot: "Ya think?!??"

Dumbass: "Do you know what 88 is secret code for?"
Netfoot: "Two fat ladies?"

Dumbass: "They are throwing up the White Power symbol!"
Netfoot: "Well, that's OK then..."

Honestly this shit is hard to take.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I liked the episode but there was too many agents. lol 

I think Owen's dad should be charged with something and I feel bad for Owen. He lost all his friends who were on the bus. I don't watch crossovers so I guess I need to check out the message board and see what happened to his daughter. 

• Love 2
14 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Jubal introduced LaCroix like Michael Buffer introducing a boxer walking to the ring. Lacroix was missing a crown, cape and scepter as he walked through the masses!

After the intro, I thought "is everyone going to start applauding?"

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

"Hey OA, is that our guy?"

"Yep. Sure is."

"We're on the second floor and he's on the ground outside. Also, there's a barred window between us and him."

"Sounds like the perfect time to pull out our guns and yell at him to stop where he is!"

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
26 minutes ago, Xantar said:

"Hey OA, is that our guy?"

"Yep. Sure is."

"We're on the second floor and he's on the ground outside. Also, there's a barred window between us and him."

"Sounds like the perfect time to pull out our guns and yell at him to stop where he is!"

I thought the same thing of that ridiculous scene -- laughable!!!

I did enjoy the crossover episodes though.  More interesting and not gruesome like last week.  So very, very sad for the people in cages when they found Tali.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Jubal! Those kids aren't going to school tomorrow.

He was talking to his ex-wife about his own kids - not the kids on the bus.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 3/11/2020 at 5:46 PM, Xeliou66 said:

No. Alex told the agents that Benny did it.  Ramirez was the person who threatened the family if Alex talked originally.    

• Like 1

Here is the description for what is now the season finale, "Emotional Rescue" (S02.E19), airing on March 31, 2020:

The FBI team investigates a drug deal gone bad after the body of a college student is found. Also, Detective Hailey Upton temporarily joins the team and finds her usual investigative methods clash with the Bureau’s more buttoned-up environment.

I am glad that this show went back to its basic premise that 95% of all crime is by white supremacists. With an added bonus of demonizIng ICE. 

I know that we can’t wait for them to come back to arrest the white supremacists who are responsible for the flu.

(edited)

Per Isobel: Upton will be here a few weeks for an inter agency training program?? Isobel read the memo wrong, she showed up to train them!!!!!!!

She taught Scola how to open a hidden drug trap, gave OA a valuable lesson on patience/ wait for the confession and saved his ass from getting shot, and broke down Harper when the FBI failed to crack her.

It was funny when she just opened sealed evidence property and stormed into the interrogation room. She made the FBI look like fools.

I was surprised she was denied the opportunity to go undercover or didn't get the kill shot on Lucas.

What does OA see in Upton that reminds him of Maggie?

If you are a resident from NYC and someone approaches not wearing NYPD/FBI gear would you answer their questions? Or at least ask who are you?

Directed by Monica Raymond. So it make sense why things unfolded the way it did tonight. Has to make people from NBC Chicago look good.

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 1
(edited)

Upton was such a witch in the first 10 minutes.  She was way out of line! For those of you that watch CPD, they have ruined her character.

Edited by SuzieQ
typo
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, mxc90 said:

Has to make people from NBC Chicago look good.

Help me out — why is an NBC Chicago PD show crossing over with a CBS New York FBI show?  I don’t remember two networks crossing over like this before.  I didn’t like the Chicago detective being there to “school” the FBI — and wow, she was unpleasant when joining a new group — but I do like Emily, the newer field agent.  Hope Emily stays.

And once again, a way too brutal beginning for me.

(edited)
25 minutes ago, MerBearHou said:

Help me out — why is an NBC Chicago PD show crossing over with a CBS New York FBI show?  I don’t remember two networks crossing over like this before.  I didn’t like the Chicago detective being there to “school” the FBI — and wow, she was unpleasant when joining a new group — but I do like Emily, the newer field agent.  Hope Emily stays.

I guess Dick Wolf felt the need to make some TV history with shows he is producing and thinks this will boost ratings. He chose the wrong character for this event.

Yes. She was very unpleasant.

I think he did a crossover with a Chicago show and Law and Order.

34 minutes ago, catrice2 said:

Haven't watched in a while, but can we have the new agent instead of Maggie? 

They could have easily elevated Emily or Kristen to replace Maggie. No need for Upton to be here.

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 4

I liked the case, disliked the hero worship of Upton. I loathe everyone from Chicago PD, they should all be in prison IMO, and I didn’t like how they had Upton being the one to do almost everything to close the case. And yes she was unpleasant, I was almost hoping for her to pull off an unethical stunt like they do on CPD and then have Jubal berate her, that would’ve been awesome!! At least OA   let her know the FBI did things by the book. 

The background characters were absent in this episode pretty much.

I like Emily as well, I would like for her to stay on as Scola’s partner and have Kristen work mainly from the office, but I don’t know if they will add in a new character. 

The case itself was very good, I liked the complex but strong plot and figuring out how the 2 murders were related. 

At least it was Jubal and Scola who figured out the location, not Upton. 

I hope Upton isn’t back next season. 

• Love 6

It was refreshing that that they threw in the white supremacist racist guy who harassed the poor Indian student. So what if it has nothing to do with the plot of the episode.

They really should have the white supremacist guy be the guilty one. That’s their brand.

At least they kept their steak alive of having a white supremacist in every episode.

• Love 1

Relative to the first episode (I'm a week late, I know), an LE helicopter would have priority over all other flights in the area.  None of this dropping altitude because of a busy airspace.  And 1500' was the original assigned altitude?  Even at that the noise would be easily audible to anyone.  You can hear copters flying by at 5000'.  And the FBI must have blown all their budget on computer networking, because a simple drone could have been 10x as effective as a helicopter.  Well, anyway...

I thought they were going to continue the terrorist saga into this week's episode, but perhaps they're saving it for after the break.  I don't follow CPD so I had no interest in the crossover, but Upton needs the same hairdresser that Tracy had way back on Revolution.  She was always perky, even in combat.

Harper and her dad better leave town.  Dem boys are not going to be happy about this.

An off thought occurred to me while watching the team move around.  How much gasoline do they burn up every case driving around those big Suburbans from one borough to another?

Didn't like Upton for sure and I'd rather she not come back. They could have had Kristen or maybe Scola with OA. 

I didn't like what she did with the evidence even though it did make the FBI look silly. 

If a cop from another city comes and talks to me, I would not talk to them, for sure. 

Btw, do we know if Missy had her baby yet? I hope things are going well for her. 

• Love 4
22 hours ago, MerBearHou said:

I remember back in the day it was said that CBS nixed a Picket Fences and X-Files crossover. I remember that Friday night when the Rome Wisconsin(Picket Fences) medical examiner referenced the X-Files case that I just watched the previous hour but in the end CBS used their own reoccurring FBI character instead of Mulder or Scully from FOX. The PIcket Fences episode was one of their best but I hardly remember the X-Files episode except for cows in Wisconsin,

• LOL 1

Of course there was another "white supremacist" red herring (whoops american indian herring) thrown in and plenty of digs that any "brown skin" in NYC is always in eminent danger.  What's that ? 99% of FBI now shows have  "white supremacist" characters ? Is that a new CBS rule ? Too transparent and tiring.

Ps Nice touch last week re. more "white supremacists"  driving Chevy Camaro and Ford Raptor... LOL Stereotype much ? 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Why did we need a Chicago detective just because Maggie was gone? What was wrong with Kristin who had recovered from her injury? Or even Jubal taking a turn in the field?   Or just some random FBI agent that we haven’t seen? 
I have never watched Chicago PD because I hated Voight from his introduction on Chicago Fire.  I quit watching Chicago Fire years ago too because it became all about Dawson. 

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

Why did we need a Chicago detective just because Maggie was gone? What was wrong with Kristin who had recovered from her injury? Or even Jubal taking a turn in the field?   Or just some random FBI agent that we haven’t seen? 
I have never watched Chicago PD because I hated Voight from his introduction on Chicago Fire.  I quit watching Chicago Fire years ago too because it became all about Dawson. 

Wolf seems loyal to his actors but then why Chicago instead of some Law &  Order veteran except to cross promote his stuff and CBS let him do it. I guess the two FBI shows don't match the tone of any other CBS show currently running and shared universes are very big due to Marvel.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I've never watched FBI before and only watched because I'm a loyal One Chicago fan.  And on the Chicago PD boards, seem to be one of the rare Upton fans.  Seems like she's pretty much universally disliked.  Permasmirk, attitude, etc.... seems to be the prevailing opinion. I am not ashamed to say I find the actress attractive, and I appreciate how bad ass she is in a profession usually dominated by men.  

I don't understand why PD shipped her to NY, other than Dick Wolf trying to bring more viewers to his FBI show, which in my case, worked.  Didn't even know FBI was a Dick Wolf show until this episode.  That said, I find this series compelling.  I like how direct they are about investigating.  Operations seems to be more on point, more direct, more technical than on PD, although at its core, it's the same, only there is some other guy running the show instead of Voight.

Also a fan of Alana de la Garza.  Haven't seen her in a while.  

Might have to add this show to the rotation.  So in that sense, Wolf's crossover worked because he just gained a viewer.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 4/11/2020 at 6:22 PM, greyhorse said:

I don't understand why PD shipped her to NY, other than Dick Wolf trying to bring more viewers to his FBI show, which in my case, worked.  Didn't even know FBI was a Dick Wolf show until this episode.

I'm bored. So I looked up some numbers. Last season FBI outranked all One Chicago shows in total viewers. It had over a million more than Fire and 2 million more than PD which was last of the One Chicago shows.  In the 18-49 rankings, PD was the last of the One Chicago shows and had only a .13 lead on FBI in that category. So I don't think that it was a ratings stunt to help FBI. If anything it was the other way around. I hope they don't do this again. I detest PD and don't watch it for a reason. I hated the character. She was not needed on this show.

On 4/13/2020 at 1:01 PM, Mikita said:

I'm bored. So I looked up some numbers. Last season FBI outranked all One Chicago shows in total viewers. It had over a million more than Fire and 2 million more than PD which was last of the One Chicago shows.  In the 18-49 rankings, PD was the last of the One Chicago shows and had only a .13 lead on FBI in that category. So I don't think that it was a ratings stunt to help FBI. If anything it was the other way around. I hope they don't do this again. I detest PD and don't watch it for a reason. I hated the character. She was not needed on this show.

I'm confused by what you're trying to say, as there is no source.  So FBI had the highest rating out of all four shows, but in perhaps the most important demographic for advertisers, age 18-49, FBI was last of the four?

I find PD the most compelling of the three One Chicago shows, so I'm surprised that it sits at the bottom of the trio.  But it still is ranked higher than FBI, so maybe this was a rating stunt after all.  I thought it was fun, whatever the reason.  We expect crossovers on all the Chicago shows.  We don't expect it from two series that aren't even connected to each other on different networks.  But I guess when you are Dick Wolf, you can do whatever you darn well please.

• Like 1

I've been watching earlier episodes, haven't seen much of Season 2 yet.

So I have to ask here, because I can't wait any longer: Does Maggie ever find out who took out the hit on her husband?  I know she finds his actual killer but he was a hitman who died in hospital without telling her who hired him.

• Love 1
On 9/23/2020 at 5:32 PM, Trey said:

I've been watching earlier episodes, haven't seen much of Season 2 yet.

So I have to ask here, because I can't wait any longer: Does Maggie ever find out who took out the hit on her husband?  I know she finds his actual killer but he was a hitman who died in hospital without telling her who hired him.

The case of Maggie’s husband was solved in the season 1 finale. 

I think you will like season 2, it was a major improvement on season 1. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3