Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E09: Behind Frenemy Lines

• Start Topic

52 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

Very good point! The call had to be staged and probably from someone in production. 
The doctors office calls the patient.   Even if you pester them for information like Margaret did, you usually don’t get the results any sooner. The doctor usually does a call back upon request. 

I am laughing at the thought of the doctor and nurse really being actors.

My Spidey Senses were raised when Marge did not go thru the doctor's practice portal, that seems to be the way to get or give any information these days.

Most doctors are running from one appointment to another, the fact that that doctor was available when Marge called is sort of unbelievable.  Maybe Marge and Joe have boutique doctors?

1 hour ago, Palimelon said:

The wife and Paulie playing the long game?

I think Delores should have had her lawyer look at any agreements Paulie had drawn up, Paulie is still married and basically Delores is now in business with Paulie and his wife, profits, losses, etc...the wife is along for the ride.

Delores should be smarter than that and Frank should have tried to help her understand the inner workings of partnerships and contracts, it is easier to ask questions before rather than after the fact.

1 hour ago, Hedgehog2022 said:

Also...just a comment on Gia...she's on the show in snippets because there is a new reality show that will be shown soon and she's in it. It's about a bunch of young adults who recently graduated from college and are navigating the real world of jobs, relationships, etc..

Enter Brooks Marks, ugh. I will not watch the most annoying children of the Bravoverse.

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
38 minutes ago, lightninggirl said:

These tacky-assed styles just reek of Danielle and her low-class taste. They look like the clearance rack at a ROSS.

That’s for sure!  There is nothing interesting or “boyjie” about these clothes.

What is happening here????

IMG_0640.jpeg

• LOL 5
6 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Jenn Fessler bugs me,  she’s everyone’s friend.  She Rolls in, has her cookies and tea, then rolls in to another house and does the same.  So far, shes everyone’s friends.  Dying to know who she picks as her bestie, if anyone.

Maybe she has actual friends elsewhere.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

Re. the wedding...it looked like a nice wedding and I like that even after all of these years on the show that Melissa's family still seems pretty tight and supportive of one another. It's more than we can say for the Gorga side.

If Danielle wanted her dad at her event so bad why did she make Nate be the one to ask him? She should have called him herself. I don't know but I think considering she doesn't speak to her brother or to her father, Danielle might be the problem.

Teresa telling Jen A. that Danielle never did anything to her so she can't really take a side? OMG!! Can you imagine if the situation was reversed? Can you imagine if someone pushed Teresa, even if it was an angel soft gentle tap? "No, you don't put hands on someone! Dat ain't right! I was jus defending myself and you gotta have my back!"

And the whole thing with Gia? I don't even know where to start. For one, Gia is not a child. She's 22 years old. She's an adult. She not only voluntarily films with her mother discussing all of the various family drama and housewives issues, she films and discusses all of it with the other women AND she films confessionals. She's made herself a housewife so she's fair game IMO. John Fuda didn't even say anything negative about her, all he said was that he was younger than she is now when he had his legal problems for dealing drugs.

I seriously don't understand why Rachel is so mad at Jen F. She was trying (badly) to defend John. None of them got the story straight when they tried to relay what John said regarding Gia.

I think Teresa went to Danielle's party as payback to Jen A. because Jen A. went to Melissa's housewarming. If this show comes back the only way I'll watch is if it's Teresa vs. Jen A. Because when (not if, when) those two turn on each other it's going to be a shit show for the ages and I'm here for it. They'll both deserve it.

Also, I just saw a video where Gia said she's putting her law degree on hold so she can focus on her influencer career. Seems like a smart choice. 🙄

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
1 hour ago, lightninggirl said:

What kind of HIPAA was the tech/medical employee + doctor avoiding when they decided to blab to Marge everything that was going on with Joe? Here's hoping production cut out Joe giving his permission to get the results and the next steps with the MRI.

In the information that you fill out at a doctor’s office — at least in my experience — you can name a person to be allowed to know about your medical shit, for whatever reason. It’s not a HIPAA thing. 

• Like 2
58 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I am laughing at the thought of the doctor and nurse really being actors.

My Spidey Senses were raised when Marge did not go thru the doctor's practice portal, that seems to be the way to get or give any information these days.

Most doctors are running from one appointment to another, the fact that that doctor was available when Marge called is sort of unbelievable.  Maybe Marge and Joe have boutique doctors?

I think Delores should have had her lawyer look at any agreements Paulie had drawn up, Paulie is still married and basically Delores is now in business with Paulie and his wife, profits, losses, etc...the wife is along for the ride.

Delores should be smarter than that and Frank should have tried to help her understand the inner workings of partnerships and contracts, it is easier to ask questions before rather than after the fact.

Enter Brooks Marks, ugh. I will not watch the most annoying children of the Bravoverse.

I wonder if the Dolores and Paulie business venture is as fake as Margaret ’s call to the doctor.  Dolores knows she’s not getting engaged yet for whatever reason. She wants to act like a business venture is even more serious than an engagement. That’s bullshit and she knows it. I suspect she knows why he’s not divorced yet. How could one live with someone and not expect the answer? 

• Like 6
2 hours ago, ww92 said:

And the whole thing with Gia? I don't even know where to start. For one, Gia is not a child. She's 22 years old. She's an adult. She not only voluntarily films with her mother discussing all of the various family drama and housewives issues, she films and discusses all of it with the other women AND she films confessionals. She's made herself a housewife so she's fair game IMO. John Fuda didn't even say anything negative about her, all he said was that he was younger than she is now when he had his legal problems for dealing drugs.

Also, I just saw a video where Gia said she's putting her law degree on hold so she can focus on her influencer career. Seems like a smart choice. 🙄

There is no excuse for John Fuda comparing himself to Gia, saying he was even younger than she is now when he had legal problems. He is a convicted fellon for drug dealing, and not only at 17 because there are records about it. Gia didn't do anything illegal. His comment was payback to Teresa. 

As for Gia, she already has a degree in criminal justice. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 2

I’m on vacation and didn’t pay too much attention to this episode. Long story short- my MIL I’ve known since I was 13 passed away in April unexpectedly. My SIL since I’ve known for just as long (I’ll be turning 40 this year) went off the deep end and we are all dealing in our own ways with grief. Meanwhile my dad’s PSA numbers came up high, did the MRI, and he had cancer. He opted to just get his prostate removed. He’s five weeks out but doing well and no cancer showed in his numbers. Yay! 
During all of this my now 11 year old son was diagnosed with a congenital heart condition two years ago. Two surgeries in and I know I can’t just call and get his cardiologist on the phone. It’s a call and wait game at the agony of everyone involved. The most I can do is call the nurse line and hope for a response within the day. I’ve never been able to talk to his Dr on the phone. Requires an in person visit. 

• Hugs 11
  • Love 1
(edited)

Bravo have mercy on us. No more Boujie Kids scenes. 

I'm bored with the young kids' storylines (Rachel's and Danielle's). The show is boring as it is. 

It seems to me that Joe Gorga received an online certificate specifically for performing this wedding. And no, he is not a priest like his own family told him. Melissa invited other HWs who never met the couple before because the chances of the event being filmed, and getting aired would be greater. The Gorgas are struggling for a storyline. Melissa thinks she is fabulous, but she has no personality. Even her crude husband is more interesting than her.

It's the same regarding the Fudas- they are boring. They must be delusional if they think viewers are going to watch them and the Gorgas with maybe small doses of Margaret thrown in. The Fudas (especially Rachel) with the help of Margaret try to silence/bully everybody from discussing John's sordid past, but when someone appears on a reality show this tends to happen. It's not only the flattering storylines about adopting your husband's son, and your daughter's medical issues. 

Danielle thinks she underreacted in her fight with Jen? 

On a shallow note, it's not only Rachel's lips, she doesn’t have a chin, that's why her profile looks strange.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 3
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
15 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I love her wallpaper choices and use of colors but a little bit can go a long way, there has to be a balance between the grey houses and Marge's technicolor trip, I always think resale.  Although her house is one of the most unique looking from the outside, it confuses me every time I see it and I have never fully understood her floor plan, the house suits her, she met a color she did not like.

The exterior of Margaret's house looks like it's Tudor, modern, and something else (I'm not exactly sure what). The interior is super maximalistic.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
(edited)

I seriously don't understand why Rachel is so mad at Jen F

I think it doesn't what matter what Jen F does, as long as she is on any type of friendly terms with Teresa, she will be seen as some sort of traitor by Rachel and Margaret. Jen F could discover the cure for cancer and Rachel would probably be all "That's great but I know you had coffee with Teresa a few days ago, how could you?"

Edited by Palimelon
  • Like 1
  • LOL 5

I really don't have much of an issue with the filming of Melissa's cousin's wedding. At least it's partially a storyline? Lol

I mean, it's her real life. I'm sure the family loves being filmed but at least it was a real event happening and not some conjured up party for a business celebrating it's relaunch for the 97th time, which I wouldn't put past some of these ladies. 

I know Joe Go is a Neanderthal in many ways and I don't mean to defend him, but I liked him as officiant. I officiated my sister's Covid wedding and it was meaningful to me and I know my sister to have someone that really knows the couple officiating. 

The Bougie Kids party was like watching paint dry. I can't stand watching them ping pong around each other to avoid certain castmates or to stir shit up. So boring.

• Like 6
  • Applause 2

Fwiw, I have a "boutique" doctor that does not take insurance. It's much, much more affordable than you would think (I pay a monthly fee, and all my visits are included in that subscription). I can call and talk to my Dr anytime, so I don't think that phone call was fake. My doctor has even met me when the office was closed so I didn't have to go to urgent care. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 2

Rachel Fuda is ridiculous. Stride away emphatically. Stride back and squawk for notice. Stride away emphatically. Repeat.  She acted the fool and threw away all the good will from the viewer she had engendered by her childhood arthritis event. I am endlessly fascinated by these women, all of whom would sell their souls for more camera time. I guess that’s why I keep watching this dreck.  

• Like 4
11 hours ago, ZettaK said:

There is no excuse for John Fuda comparing himself to Gia, saying he was even younger than she is now when he had legal problems. He is a convicted fellon for drug dealing, and not only at 17 because there are records about it. Gia didn't do anything illegal. His comment was payback to Teresa. 

He didn't say anything negative about Gia or accuse her of anything illegal. Half the problem is that the story is like the telephone game. Jen F is retelling the version her husband told her. She should have kept her mouth shut and if asked just say she didn't know, she wasn't there during that conversation. Because none of the versions were accurate.

As for Gia's degree, I'm just saying I saw a video where she said she's not going to law school (at least not now) but is going the influencer route instead. I've seen rumors online that Bravo is creating a Nepo Baby show with Gia and some other Housewives kids but am not sure how true that is. 

• Like 4
(edited)
21 minutes ago, ww92 said:

Bravo is creating a Nepo Baby show with Gia and some other Housewives kids

If it’s true that it is she and Brooks Marks, that sounds heinous. 🤮

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Like 7
9 hours ago, Palimelon said:

I think it doesn't what matter what Jen F does, as long as she is on any type of friendly terms with Teresa, she will be seen as some sort of traitor by Rachel and Margaret. Jen F could discover the cure for cancer and Rachel would probably be all "That's great but I know you had coffee with Teresa a few days ago, how could you?"

This. Jen F was trying to defend John Fuda. The whole thing was just annoying to watch.

On the Dr call, I was thinking maybe the Dr was a personal friend of theirs and that's why he got on the phone 🤷‍♀️

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
21 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Jenn Fessler bugs me,  she’s everyone’s friend.  She Rolls in, has her cookies and tea, then rolls in to another house and does the same.  So far, shes everyone’s friends.  Dying to know who she picks as her bestie, if anyone.

To be fair they are all feral.....

• LOL 6
1 hour ago, MaggieG said:

On the Dr call, I was thinking maybe the Dr was a personal friend of theirs and that's why he got on the phone 🤷‍♀️

Or maybe Marge has something in her arsenal regarding the doctor so he jumps when she calls, lol.

• LOL 10
20 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Wow !   Delores putting up her money to go into business with Paulie sounds very risky.  For her sake, I hope it goes well.

Has she actually put in money? I know it's been tossed around but did anyone actually say that Dolores had to put money up for this venture. Sounds like he's asking her step in and contribute administration wise. There's never been any talk of actually investing any money on her part. I'm genuinely curious. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, ww92 said:

He didn't say anything negative about Gia or accuse her of anything illegal. Half the problem is that the story is like the telephone game. Jen F is retelling the version her husband told her. She should have kept her mouth shut and if asked just say she didn't know, she wasn't there during that conversation. Because none of the versions were accurate.

As for Gia's degree, I'm just saying I saw a video where she said she's not going to law school (at least not now) but is going the influencer route instead. I've seen rumors online that Bravo is creating a Nepo Baby show with Gia and some other Housewives kids but am not sure how true that is. 

Fuda was totally trying to instigate a continuing battle with Teresa by referencing Gia.  And someone needs to remind him, selling pot was illegal then.  He shows no signs of remorse for doing something illegal - he'd rather just brush it off as a small youthful indiscretion.  Bloggers have done the legwork showing us that a.  he wasn't as young as he says, and b.  it was a bigger deal than he says. 

A+B =  C.  Fuda is desperate for attention.  Why keep raising all of this if you don't want it discussed?  Taking from the Gorga playbook there and that's a poor choice.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
7 minutes ago, RecoveringLawyer said:

Fuda was totally trying to instigate a continuing battle with Teresa by referencing Gia.  And someone needs to remind him, selling pot was illegal then.  He shows no signs of remorse for doing something illegal - he'd rather just brush it off as a small youthful indiscretion.  Bloggers have done the legwork showing us that a.  he wasn't as young as he says, and b.  it was a bigger deal than he says. 

A+B =  C.  Fuda is desperate for attention.  Why keep raising all of this if you don't want it discussed?  Taking from the Gorga playbook there and that's a poor choice.

Agree. He was there at the Gorga's house. Why didn't he compare himself to Antonia. He was about her age, according to him. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
(edited)
17 hours ago, ZettaK said:

Honestly, the amount of time Gia is on doesn't bother me. She's not going to stop being her mothers daughter because the cameras are around. Every scene she's in seems like Gia going on about her business REGARDLESS of where the cameras are placed and if her mom is filming when she comes around for, oh I don't know, the millions of reasons an adult daughter pops into her family home, then I don't expect her to treat her visit any differently than if the cameras aren't there. I 100% believe Gia has these types of conversations with her mom. We can all see how close Teresa is with her daughters and Gia is now shifting into an adult relationship with her mother which includes grown conversations about what's going on with her mother. I find nothing wrong with that. 

I found it hella annoying the way Melissa was reacting to Jenn's explanation saying why are you talking to a CHILD. Well because THAT CHILD was the subject of the conversation. Not to mention Gia is how old again? Melissa was seriously reaching with her tone and implication that Gia was too young for Jenn Fessler to be in a conversation with. Umm no, I speak to my 18-26 year old nieces and nephews like adults. Granted there are topics I'm not rushing to have with them but I would not be so condescending as to automatically dismiss them as children just because it may be a seriously toned topic. 

Look, for the most part Gia is a bit of a soundboard for her mother and I find nothing wrong with her feedback because A) it's a part of her and her mother's communication style B) regarding things from HER life (i.e. her family) C) It stems from an organic close relationship she has with her mom and not put on for the show and  C) She isn't a child anymore. 

Teresa and Gia's interactions are authentic and the type of matter of fact repoitoire that Melissa WISHES she has with Antonia. Instead, she has all these forced dialogues with Antonia and they don't even seem to be all that close.  Say what you want about Teresa but the family dynamic she has with her daughters comes across as very loving.  Even Juicy Joe's relationship with them comes across as close and loving. 

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Like 5
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 6/30/2024 at 7:21 PM, QQQQ said:

Call In Sick or Call Out Sick

From A Way with Words: "Both are grammatically correct, but most Americans say call in sick. The call out version is largely associated with the New York metropolitan area, but spreading to adjacent states."

So shove it, Paulie.

I’ve always said “call in” sick so I didn’t understand why he corrected her. 

Nice job of making Joe’s possible illness all about you, Margaret. And good job at helping comfort him and keep him calm. Sheesh. She is a piece of work. 

It took me a few tries to get through this episode and I still have a little to go. It was wearing on me with the bickering. I have no interest in kids stuff. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Like 6

I say "call in sick" but can see how there can be regional differences. It's like "waiting in line" vs. "waiting on line." But I didn't like him correcting her or the way she immediately acted all "oh, stupid me!"

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Or maybe Marge has something in her arsenal regarding the doctor so he jumps when she calls, lol.

Could be this doctor saw that Marge outed Bill Aydin's dalliance with a pharma rep and is worried that Marge may do the same to him?  

3 hours ago, RecoveringLawyer said:

All of this!!!! r

Since then, I don't recall Teresa continuing on with the "drug dealer" comments, in fact, I don't think she's really mentioned him at all since discussing that fake "sit down".

John and Rachel are the ones who are still bringing this up, over and over and over again.  If you want that horse to stay dead, stop beating it and let it die.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, lightninggirl said:

So, Paulie isn't divorced yet and is starting a business with Dolores. When the divorce goes through, does Paulie's wife get half of his share/earnings of the business? Obviously a hypothetical question as I have no idea what the state laws are where they filed for divorce (if they filed in the U.S., that is), but come ON Dolores. WTF are you thinking????

What kind of HIPAA was the tech/medical employee + doctor avoiding when they decided to blab to Marge everything that was going on with Joe? Here's hoping production cut out Joe giving his permission to get the results and the next steps with the MRI.

These tacky-assed styles just reek of Danielle and her low-class taste. They look like the clearance rack at a ROSS.

Screenshot 2024-07-01 at 4.35.24 PM.png

Those clothes remind me of the tacky stuff Teresa's girls wore when they were little. Has kid's fashion in NJ not evolved since then?      

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
(edited)
22 hours ago, Feline Goddess said:

Those clothes remind me of the tacky stuff Teresa's girls wore when they were little. Has kid's fashion in NJ not evolved since then?      

Much like the glaringly obvious, discolored, and horribly ratty hair extensions in New Jersey, no. Definitely not evolved at all.

Edited by lightninggirl
  • Like 1
  • LOL 2
1 hour ago, lightninggirl said:

Much like the glaringly obvious, discolored, and horribly ratty hair extensions in New Jersey, no. Definitely not evolved at all.

23 hours ago, Palimelon said:

I mean, it hasn't for the adults...

23 hours ago, Feline Goddess said:

Excuse me. As a lifelong resident of NJ, I have to say that this is not how people dress or wear their hair in NJ as a general rule. Nor is this level of plastic surgery rampant. These are people who have styled themselves after the Bravo Housewives status quo with a little Kardashians and maybe NYC Canal Street knockoffs thrown in.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
1 hour ago, JenE4 said:

Excuse me. As a lifelong resident of NJ, I have to say that this is not how people dress or wear their hair in NJ as a general rule. Nor is this level of plastic surgery rampant. These are people who have styled themselves after the Bravo Housewives status quo with a little Kardashians and maybe NYC Canal Street knockoffs thrown in.

Thank you for that and I totally agree.  Yes, the styles of the RHONJ are few and far between for most of the women in NJ.  Do I see maybe one woman a day with overdone eyelashes, long extensions, and similar fashions to these women?  Yes, but that is one in probably 100 women that I will see in my daily life (walking in the park, going to the beach, running errands, shopping, out for dinner and drinks, etc.).  And I say this as someone who is a true Jersey girl that loves sparkle and sequins, in the right setting and not overdone.

You do see some women who are dressed like the housewives for a night out - some do tend to overdo the makeup/hair and wear either very short or very body-conscious fashions.  

I will admit that NJ does have it's own style, and it's not all good, but the majority of it is pretty similar to what you would see in most suburban areas, just maybe with a bit of an edge.

And that goes for the little girls, too. 

• Like 2
On 7/1/2024 at 3:40 PM, ichbin said:

Have any of you spoken to a nurse or other staff member, told them to get the doctor while you hold on, and then have them actually do that with the doctor coming right to the phone?  In this day and age??  If it actually happened that way I'm beyond impressed, but I am dubious.

I wondered about it too but figured it was set up in advance for filming. I've always had to leave a message for the doctor. 

Margaret treats Joe like a child. I don't know how he stands it. 

On 7/1/2024 at 4:59 PM, kristen111 said:

Wow !   Delores putting up her money to go into business with Paulie sounds very risky.  For her sake, I hope it goes well.

I'm questioning her intelligence, at least when it comes to men. 

• Like 4
On 7/2/2024 at 4:08 PM, Yours Truly said:

Teresa and Gia's interactions are authentic and the type of matter of fact repoitoire that Melissa WISHES she has with Antonia. Instead, she has all these forced dialogues with Antonia and they don't even seem to be all that close.  Say what you want about Teresa but the family dynamic she has with her daughters comes across as very loving.  Even Juicy Joe's relationship with them comes across as close and loving. 

Antonia's decision not to discuss her own life on a scripted tv reality show, shouldn't be interpreted as an indication of the depth or breadth of her relationship with her mother. The families of the women that sign up for these shows often get dragged along for the ride, and it's interesting to me that the narrative always devolves to "they aren't close", "s/he doesn't love HW X" because the husband/child/brother/sister affirmatively chooses not to discuss their feelings in this medium. The fact Antonia doesn't want to film a long heart-wrenching goodbye outside her college dorm doesn't mean she doesn't love or won't miss her parents. It just means she doesn't want the spectacle as part of her life. That is entirely her decision, and it's unfair to Melissa, Joe, and Antonia to say that it means anything else. Kids who want to famewhore like Gia and Brooks Marks shouldn't be thought of as happier, more loving or closer to their parents than the introverted kids who are over the whole scene.

• Like 3
  • Applause 5
On 7/1/2024 at 7:50 PM, ww92 said:

I don’t think that’s so terrible. She’s young.  She got her degree and no one can take that from her.  It’s her time now to do whatever the heck she wants to do.

On 7/2/2024 at 9:27 AM, PizzaTroll said:

I mean, it's her real life. I'm sure the family loves being filmed but at least it was a real event happening and not some conjured up party for a business celebrating it's relaunch for the 97th time, which I wouldn't put past some of these ladies. 

See this is where I feel like the show is damned if they do, damned if they don’t.  When it’s all fighting and nonsense, people complain.  When they actually show parts of their real life, people are bored.  Maybe a new cast would help, maybe people are just bored of this group.  I for one like when they show actual real life things.  If they would do more of that I would be happy to continue with this cast (although I really wish Jackie wouldn’t be a part of it, she’s just sad to watch).

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
On 7/2/2024 at 9:57 AM, Juneau Gal said:

She acted the fool and threw away all the good will from the viewer she had engendered by her childhood arthritis event.

I’ve said this before, but with both of their backstories the Fudas could have been a very sympathetic couple.  They’ve ruined all that by being assholes.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
On 6/30/2024 at 6:13 PM, QQQQ said:

Sorry, babydoll, you lose the protective shield afforded to housewife kids if you want to run with the big dogs.

This is The part that annoys me. When Jackie first brought up Gia's name, it made total sense when she was explaining. Now Gia gets annoyed hearing John fuda says that's exactly what's happening to him, as an adult, which is true. He wasn't referencing the drug aspect, but rather how a rumour starts when people exaggerate it or give it air.

It bothers me that Teresa  is so desperate for a storyline she stoops to this level using her daughter. (Since SHE was the one who told Gia that Fuda's talking about her using coke).

When we finally saw the clip, Fuda said nothing negative about Gia, so if Gia wants so badly to be on the show, she needs thicker skin. 

On 6/30/2024 at 6:04 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

Bougie Kidz now with a ball pit!

Bougie Kidz now with a spray painted sweat shirt that isn't the Bougie Kidz brand!

Bougie Kidz now with more basic styles!

I would have LOVED that party if I was under the age of 12. It looked like so much fun. (Actually, I would have loved it at my present age 😉)

• Like 3
On 6/30/2024 at 8:50 PM, CriticalMass said:

I thought Delores is a former prison guard? She said she has never worked in an office so was confused. Is she ashamed that she was once a regular ol’ employee instead of being a lifelong entrepreneur? 

I think Dolores just got confused by what Paulie was saying.

So she arrived at: people who have their own offices would need to call "out" if they're ill, whereas the rest of the careers or jobs call "In" to the main office when they're sick.

Paulie's information is simply wrong, AND he shouldn't be "correcting" anything Delores says, especially when whatever she's saying doesn't impact or change anything.

• Like 2
13 hours ago, Doublemint said:

NJ Housewives show is not on TV tonight, Below Deck is on at 8 pm???

I attended the RHONJ Anonymous meeting last night...our pledge goes like this:

You're durrrty!!!

Afterwards we practice smashing glasses, flipping tables and clipping in cheap extensions in to each other's hair.  If nothing else it helps pass the empty hour.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

After spending the holiday with my family, I would have really appreciated a reminder of just how good I have it. 🙃

• LOL 6
(edited)
On 7/5/2024 at 9:40 AM, Rlb8031 said:

Antonia's decision not to discuss her own life on a scripted tv reality show, shouldn't be interpreted as an indication of the depth or breadth of her relationship with her mother. The families of the women that sign up for these shows often get dragged along for the ride, and it's interesting to me that the narrative always devolves to "they aren't close", "s/he doesn't love HW X" because the husband/child/brother/sister affirmatively chooses not to discuss their feelings in this medium. The fact Antonia doesn't want to film a long heart-wrenching goodbye outside her college dorm doesn't mean she doesn't love or won't miss her parents. It just means she doesn't want the spectacle as part of her life. That is entirely her decision, and it's unfair to Melissa, Joe, and Antonia to say that it means anything else. Kids who want to famewhore like Gia and Brooks Marks shouldn't be thought of as happier, more loving or closer to their parents than the introverted kids who are over the whole scene.

My point is that MELISSA tries to force an obviously uncomfortable Antonia to have MOMENTS. I'm not criticizing Antonia not wanting to have such moments on camera. 

My point is that Teresa's interactions with her children are genuine and I don't see Gia as famewhoreing just because she's more comfortable filming than Antonia is. I was pointing out that Teresa's scenes with her daughters seem to happen seem organic and happen with or without the cameras present. Melissa and Antonia, not so much.  

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
On 7/3/2024 at 6:27 PM, JenE4 said:

Yeah, while there are certain places here and there that seem to draw certain Jersey stereotypes, we generally laugh at their shit as much as anyone else. 

19 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Holiday weekend. 

What holiday? 

• Like 3
(edited)

Ohhhhhh, oh my GOODNESS, you guys -- I really thought (felt?) like the 4th was many more days ago than it really was! Oh boy, I am SO SORRY, hahahhaa! Let that be an indicator of the kind of week that was/is happening here. Good lord, man -- I am such a dope, haha! I was like, "Wait, what holiday am I missing? It better not be Labor Day already!"

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • LOL 6
4 hours ago, Yours Truly said:

My point is that Teresa's interactions with her children are genuine and I don't see Gia as famewhoreing just because she's more comfortable filming than Antonia is. I was pointing out that Teresa's scenes with her daughters seem to happen seem organic and happen with or without the cameras present. Melissa and Antonia, not so much.  

None of us know what happens when the cameras aren't present, and you are making assumptions about Melissa's relationship with her daughter based on the fact that her daughter is less comfortable talking about her life on camera. 

I've never heard Antonia bad-mouth Theresa or her daughters. I can't say the same for Gia or Melania. I'm not passing out mother-of-the-year awards to Theresa because her kids show up on the show supporting her. 

And Gia hasn't been quiet about her ultimate goal - which is why she gets accused of famewhoring.

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
(edited)
On 7/2/2024 at 11:01 AM, ww92 said:

Fuda mentioned Gia on purpose to bother Teresa. He shouldn't.

It seems a reality show with at least three HW kids (who are young adults) is being filmed right now. Riley Burruss, Kandi Burruss' daughter (RH of Atlanta), Brooks Marks, Meredith Marks' son (RH of Salt Lake City), and Gia. 

Edited by ZettaK
(edited)
On 7/2/2024 at 4:08 PM, Yours Truly said:

Honestly, the amount of time Gia is on doesn't bother me. She's not going to stop being her mothers daughter because the cameras are around. Every scene she's in seems like Gia going on about her business REGARDLESS of where the cameras are placed and if her mom is filming when she comes around for, oh I don't know, the millions of reasons an adult daughter pops into her family home, then I don't expect her to treat her visit any differently than if the cameras aren't there. I 100% believe Gia has these types of conversations with her mom. We can all see how close Teresa is with her daughters and Gia is now shifting into an adult relationship with her mother which includes grown conversations about what's going on with her mother. I find nothing wrong with that. 

I found it hella annoying the way Melissa was reacting to Jenn's explanation saying why are you talking to a CHILD. Well because THAT CHILD was the subject of the conversation. Not to mention Gia is how old again? Melissa was seriously reaching with her tone and implication that Gia was too young for Jenn Fessler to be in a conversation with. Umm no, I speak to my 18-26 year old nieces and nephews like adults. Granted there are topics I'm not rushing to have with them but I would not be so condescending as to automatically dismiss them as children just because it may be a seriously toned topic. 

Look, for the most part Gia is a bit of a soundboard for her mother and I find nothing wrong with her feedback because A) it's a part of her and her mother's communication style B) regarding things from HER life (i.e. her family) C) It stems from an organic close relationship she has with her mom and not put on for the show and  C) She isn't a child anymore. 

Gia still lived at home, and was going to college. She only started thinking of moving out. So, it was absolutely normal to be filmed with her mother at their house.

Edited by ZettaK
(edited)

Jen Fessler was trying to be on the HW of NJ for a long time. She is on this scene from S8 with Danielle Staub.

Screenshot_20240626_060628_Instagram.jpg

Edited by ZettaK
  • Mind Blown 2
  • LOL 1