Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E37: Power Of Veto Competition #12

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

I was distracted by Frankie's sweaty face to concentrate. Also, why was he breathing so damn hard? I am just so glad that he's gone though. The way he was whining to Caleb about being on the block got on my nerves. I don't know if I believe that he wouldn't have stabbed one of the guys in the back had he had the chance. It's about time this game got interesting though.

I agree about Cody's hotness. Part of me wants him to win for that alone. But yeah, I welcome all the links to his showering as well.

• Love 1

Awww, I too am buying whatever he's selling. I like frankie. I really do. He seems like a fun person to hang out with. And, really, none of the houseguests hate or dislike him. They just know he's dangerous to take to the end.

I like Frankie a lot and have been amazed at all the hatred of him on all the boards. I normally like most of the same people as everyone else so this was really a strange season. I really felt he was entertaining and along with Zach they seemed to be the most fun people in the house. I was so happy his ejection went so well and I think he handled it with humor and intelligence. Even though Derrick has worked so hard at the game, he never provides much levity or fun but then that probably was because he was working undercover most of the game. To me, this season has been such a relief after the horrible people on last season. 

Edited by Uwbadgmad
  • Love 2

Frankie wore his Happy Clown mask (complete with his "I'M TOTALLY OK WITH THIS!!!!!!" smile that is more like a grimace, or even a death rictus) tightly for the eviction, but I think he tore it off in the car ride to the jury house and probably had plenty of salty, hideous words to say once he was able to really take a moment to process everything.  If he doesn't regret anything about his gameplay, he should at the very least have regrets over the stupid outfit he wore for his big moment.  Taking inspiration from Andy and Jocasta for fashion choices is so desperately sad.  What is it with the Grande "children" always wanting to dress like babies?

I noticed that after he tossed the glitter, he very carefully stepped around it on the floor, which led me to believe that he has learned the hard way that throwing glitter in your own path leads to slipping and falling on your own ass, which then made me sad, because I would really have liked watching him take himself out with his own sparkle.  By the way, Frankie... Rip Taylor was throwing confetti around at his own grand entrances before you were in diapers, and he did it better.

I don't love that he got such a cheery reception upon eviction, but at least he will know the truth soon enough once he can get his hands on the internet.  And unlike Caleb, who I think talks about expecting and wanting fame on a huge level but will probably be super happy just to be recognized by people when he goes out in public, I don't think Frankie will be satisfied at all.  He thought he went in with 1.5 million fans, and he will be coming out to less than he started with, instead of the 20 million new worshippers he was envisioning.

• Love 7

Scroll down.  He's obscured through the shower door, but I think we can all agree that Cody is, at least, average in that particular area.  There's a gif somewhere of him walking through the backyard in gym shorts with a hard-on, and it appears that he is no better or worse endowed than the men most of us know.  So, not saying he's Ron Jeremy or anything, but I don't think he has any, ahem, shortcomings in that area.  

http://www.thegailygrind.com/2014/08/02/big-brothers-cody-calafiore-gets-naked-shower-nsfw/

I have officially spent entirely too much time thinking about Cody's penis.

• Love 2

" eligiple compete tonight." Oh Julie! One of her many flubs tonight.

About Cody's Weiner status. JMHO its smallish (and his height) but I'm not being a size queen. He's just a douch throwing looks based insults on his other houseguests like he's young James Dean or something and he spit the remarks so smugly.

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 1

For words707,

He had to give a speech to everyone before he left out the door.

To Cody:  I've had better

To Victoria: pretty much about her being a non-competitor

To Caleb: handed him back the chess pieces and said he may be a queen but he's (referring to himself) as the King

To Derrick: totally forgot what he said to him

He walked out, twirled, threw glitter up in the air

Fawned over Julie, she did the same to him

Crowd gave loud cheers - CBS employees and friends - so no surprise there

His "keep me in the house speech" was like he was on Broadway - huge performance

Just glad he's gone.  Others can add more details.

To Victoria: "Victoria...? Win something."

To Derrick: "Derrick - to the only other responsible adult in the House - please make sure my fish don't die."

• Love 4

I just watched, came to the conclusion that it was highly edited. Why was this taped? What was the big reason for it? That right there tells you they edited it and good point about how these house guests are very concerned about the audience reaction when leaving the house, especially after Christine's horrible booing. And now I feel bad about the OTT booing she got. Come ON! More booing than Aryan an now Fakie getting cheered! Some things very off here.

• Love 2

With Frankie gone, there's nobody to fix dinner for the remaining four.  Wonder if they thought about that before they voted?

Yeah.

"Hey, guys, what are we going to have for dinner tonight?"

The reply, in chorus: "NO FISH!!!"

• Love 5

Do you think that the hamsters could hear the audience at all during that HOH competition?  I'm thinking of when Derrick switched his answer at the last second (after the audience gasp).

During the HOH I totally thought that Derrick changed his answer because he heard the audience gasp when he had the wrong one.  Heck, even I knew the answers to those questions and until he changed his answer I wondered if maybe he was going to throw it.

I thought Frankie exited with flair - which is pretty much what I expected.  The guy is an entertainer after all,  even if it's currently only on youtube.   His time was up and Caleb was right - if he didn't get Frankie then Frankie would get him. 

I like Frankie a lot and have been amazed at all the hatred of him on all the boards. I normally like most of the same people as everyone else so this was really a strange season. I really felt he was entertaining and along with Zach they seemed to be the most fun people in the house. I was so happy his ejection went so well and I think he handled it with humor and intelligence. Even though Derrick has worked so hard at the game, he never provides much levity or fun but then that probably was because he was working undercover most of the game. To me, this season has been such a relief after the horrible people on last season. 

I'm not surprised at all, but agree this was a strange season for me too in that usually by this far in the game I'm generally hating on at least half of the remaining hgs but after the arrogant hateful houseguests of last year, I find myself finishing a whole season without really hating any of them - although they have all annoyed me at one time or another because this is BB after all. 

Even Victoria,  the Disney Princess who seems to have stumbled onto the Big Brother set on her way to The Bachelor, doesn't bother me as much as she probably should because of how vile I found the S15 cast - everyone seems benign this year.  I thought Zack and Frankie pretty much brought all the fun while Cody brought the pretty.    

Cody is very lucky that he is so good looking because that kid just isn't very bright.  As a feedwatcher, I like how he almost never wears a shirt but the guy was rockin' the skinny jeans tonight.  Sorry, I can't help it.

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 1

Loved how the audience laughed when Victoria said that she had "fought hard to be here" in her goodbye speech.

Given the unsatisfying audience reaction to Frankie and the lack of any pointed post-eviction questions ... this was one of the highlights of the evening for me.

• Love 2

Loved how the audience laughed when Victoria said that she had "fought hard to be here" in her goodbye speech.

Same here. :)

Hmmmm....

I was wondering at the time if Victoria heard the audience reaction through Julie's microphone.

In truth, I was kinda concerned it might have hurt her feelings.

Carrying that thought a little further down the train, though...

I wonder how quick Chenbot was being on her kill switch during the HoH comp.

More specifically, when Derrick appeared to react to crowd noise when he almost chose a wrong answer.

Hmmmm....

We were definitely robbed of the spectacle that would have been a live Frankie eviction. I am so glad he's gone but I was even more angered when he insisted on holding Julie's hand during the video messages. It was too.much as typical with this guy. The more I thought about it, the more I think that Frankie is a time traveler and he has come to us from the early 20th Century where he was a silent film star and he honed his skills of over reacting and making grand gestures and movements. That's the only explanation for his inappropriate gestures and for how damn old he looks.

• Love 3

I was distracted by Frankie's sweaty face to concentrate. Also, why was he breathing so damn hard?.

For me that was his "tell".

That despite his shiny happy face he was struggling to keep it together. He is a dancer and singer and has more than enough stamina and breath control. But when you're under stress you start shallow breathing, And as much as he wanted his face to say "I'm so happy!!!!!". his body gave him away

• Love 6

He has said and done really horrible things in the house.  He also seems super famewhorey and just a walking caricature.  There is a video out there that puts together all of the crap Frankie has done (I found it on twitter), but I won't post it here since most comes from the feeds and not the live show.  

• Love 4

So, we have an eviction tonight and another on Friday?  Is that what Julie said?   I went back to look but on the CBS site you have to sit through the entire show, no FFing.  

Julie said to Frankie that the 24th was the finale, more about that later.  I guess I missed the reason why because later never came for me.  

Caleb! Ugh, it didn't really matter at that point, but has the boy never heard of playing his cards close to his vest? He can be a little too honest sometimes. It was nice seeing Frankie squirm and get upset, but I also worried that if he had even an inkling he was the main target that would really light a fire under him with the Veto. 

Luckily Cody won. Honestly, I felt this version of the Veto, with displaying the "time to beat", was a little biased to whoever went first. Seeing that time would add all kinds of pressure, I felt like people were cracking right and left. If Frankie had been first I would have cared, but I didn't. 

SO glad to see him go. Finally! I am so over his prancing and preening and need to constantly be "on". He is simply tiresome and I couldn't be happier to have him off my screen. 

The best scene of the night was the juxtaposition between the guys studying facial features on the wall and Victoria studying what appeared to be a bag of bread. 

• Love 2

I don't care if the Veto comp was structured in such a way as to throw Frankie off by giving him a time to beat because it had the desired result, which is that FRANKIE IS OUT OF THE HOUSE. I am sad that he wasn't evicted on a live episode because then they wouldn't have been able to edit around things. I'm sure that after Christine exited to a chorus of "Boourns" the studio audience was coached/threatened not to boo anyone. But as someone mentioned above, we didn't see the shot of the houseguests listening at the doors as they close to gauge the reaction of the crowd. Or discussion of the cheers/boos afterwards. We went straight to them watching his picture turn black and white. 

BOO.

Also, Frankie? You are a grown-ass man. Wear big boy pants!

Looking ahead, I was wondering if Derrick should win this HoH because I couldn't remember when the outgoing HoH can still compete, but I think it's the next one. This one guarantees him a spot in the final three, but when the final three do their endurance comp for the final HoH, I'm pretty sure that everyone can compete for that one. So he needed to win this one. And the next one. At this point, I'm pulling for him to win, and if he goes home, I won't know who to root for. I guess Caleb, because he played a little harder than Cody, who just sort of coasted. And Caleb can always play to the jury by reminding them how he's been honest throughout the game. Seriously, the boy can't keep his mouth shut! He's so stupid! 

Although I would absolutely love it if through some bizarre twist of fate, Victoria won. That would be an absolute hoot.

I'm just thrilled that the preening peacock is out of the house. I was getting so fed up watching him bounce around on the couch with his mouth hanging open playing to the cameras and reacting to everything Julie said like it was the most earth-shatteringly shocking and exciting thing he'd ever heard. Ugh.

But what do you want to bet that since the house is always super-boring the final week with just a few people hanging out, they give us a CRAPTON of Jury House footage just so they can keep Frankie on TV a little longer...

Oh God, I just realized that they're probably going to slot him into the next season of The Amazing Race. Sigh. I'll only watch just to see if maybe he'll get lost in the jungle or something…

• Love 1

Zankie on TAR might be fun.  I don't think Ariana's going to be doing it anytime soon.  

I was surprised Derrick missed or nearly missed so many timeline questions, given his self-proclaimed photographic memory.  Maybe his photos aren't dated.  

Sorry wings707.  Can I blame it on the fact I'm at a bookstore workshop all week here in FL? :D

Victoria was wearing a long black dress without straps.  Lipstick was a deep red.  Hair braided as usual.

and long diamond looking earrings and tiara

• Love 1

all I can say given the edit and the way Frankie was treated in the post interview that I wouldn't be surprised if he won fan favorite no matter what the actual vote is.  I'm voting everyday for Donny in the hope that that won't happen.

• Love 2

I'm trying to think what it is that makes the majority of you detest Frankie so. Had it not been for him we'd have had an even more ho-hum season than we did.  Like someone mentioned above none of the houseguests felt about him as most of you do and they had a far more potent version of Frankie than any of you did.  Sure, he spent a good deal of time over-the-top -- hardly a cause for beheading. I think they respected him and his gameplay.

I thought he handled himself very well during his eviction.  He's a pretty entertaining guy, "I may be a queen but I've been a king for the last 88 days."

That simple simple look on Victoria's face.  I wonder if she had any idea what Frankie meant when he said, "Just try and win SOMETHING."

I should have a lot of respect for Derrick . . . he played a genius game . . . was NEVER put up . . . but I don't.  He's bored me to death.  I'm not good-looking and think he has a piggy nose too.

I love Donny (although I think his head may be swelling just a bit) and I love Zach -- fwiw WAY more over the top than Frankie.

What I think would be funny is if Frankie won America's favorite . . . you guys'd really be shitting down your legs then, wouldn't you?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm . . . I just wonder what it is about Frankie that so many of you find unpalatable . . . . . hmmmmmmmmm.

DOLPHINCORN:  i'M AFRAID I'M GOING TO HAVE TO CALL YOU OUT ON SOMETHING . . . "50 RACHELS?"  DO YOU WANT TO RECONSIDER THAT?

PAPERTREE:  YOU'RE BEING A-W-F-U-L-L-Y  VAGUE ABOUT THOSE NSFW LINKS.

Edited by goodogcarl
  • Love 3

I'm trying to think what it is that makes the majority of you detest Frankie so. Had it not been for him we'd have had an even more ho-hum season than we did.  Like someone mentioned above none of the houseguests felt about him as most of you do and they had a far more potent version of Frankie than any of you did.  Sure, he spent a good deal of time over-the-top -- hardly a cause for beheading. I think they respected him and his gameplay.

I thought he handled himself very well during his eviction.  He's a pretty entertaining guy, "I may be a queen but I've been a king for the last 88 days."

That simple simple look on Victoria's face.  I wonder if she had any idea what Frankie meant when he said, "Just try and win SOMETHING."

I should have a lot of respect for Derrick . . . he played a genius game . . . was NEVER put up . . . but I don't.  He's bored me to death.  I'm not good-looking and think he has a piggy nose too.

I love Donny (although I think his head may be swelling just a bit) and I love Zach -- fwiw WAY more over the top than Frankie.

What I think would be funny is if Frankie won America's favorite . . . you guys'd really be shitting down your legs then, wouldn't you?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm . . . I just wonder what it is about Frankie that so many of you find unpalatable . . . . . hmmmmmmmmm.

DOLPHINCORN:  i'M AFRAID I'M GOING TO HAVE TO CALL YOU OUT ON SOMETHING . . . "50 RACHELS?"  DO YOU WANT TO RECONSIDER THAT?

PAPERTREE:  YOU'RE BEING A-W-F-U-L-L-Y  VAGUE ABOUT THOSE NSFW LINKS.

I can only speak for myself but while I respect Frankie as a competitor, I don't respect the person he's shown himself to be. I've found a lot of what he's said and done to be disgusting and over the top. I'm referring to his groping the guys all season, him calling some of the women the c word, the rape joke, his mean girl hate sessions with Christine, his entitlement about not being a Have Not and yet eating their food, his view on lesbians and many other things. He just seems like a very selfish, arrogant, entitled person that thinks if he puts on a show it gives him free license to be as offensive as possible because, "hey, it's entertainment". There are a lot of other reasons why I dislike him but I'm not going to waste more time on him. He's off my screen, after this post I'm done giving him any thought and I'm glad of that.

I'm way more entertained by Caleb and Cody when they're being goofy. Shit, Victoria's blank faces make me laugh more.

• Love 7

I'm referring to his groping the guys all season, him calling some of the women the c word, the rape joke, his mean girl hate sessions with Christine, his entitlement about not being a Have Not and yet eating their food, his view on lesbians and many other things. He just seems like a very selfish, arrogant, entitled person that thinks if he puts on a show it gives him free license to be as offensive as possible because, "hey, it's entertainment". There are a lot of other reasons why I dislike him 

I haven't missed any episodes and don't know anything about these things you mention . . . maybe BBAD gives you too much info.

and i think the "groping" is to be judged by the gropee.  Although everyone seemed to do a lot of hugging . . . and while i understand Frankie was always at the head of the groping (god bless him) the straight guys (i guess it's all right to actually use the words "gay" and "straight?") were doin' just as much huggin' on him as he was on them.

Frankly annoyed the hell out of me and I freely admit it. Most of his antics just made me cringe.

That said, I would have preferred him in the F2 over Derrick, Cody or Caleb, because there's something off-putting about the idea of the three, stereotypical "frat bro" kind of guys winding up in the final three, yet again. Especially this year, given the "battle of the block" nonsense that seemed like a deliberate attempt to insure three "alpha male" types would make it all the way to the end. 

I don't mind if Derrick wins, and in fact he should, but it's not terribly interesting, especially at this point with nobody left to challenge him. It's a foregone conclusion so it's just a lot of filler left between now and next Wednesday. 

Although, I don't think HOH matters that much at this point - it's all about POV.

Well, it matters to the person who wins it because it guarantees they'll be in the final three. More specifically, it virtually guarantees Derrick a spot in the final two. The last remaining shred of hope here would have been if Victoria had won this HoH (a stretch, I realize), forcing one of the three remaining alpha jocks out of the house. Caleb still might go before Victoria, but it's still an inevitable Derrick/Cody final 2. Yawn.

Edited by iMonrey
  • Love 2

Ad me to the list of feed watchers whose view of Frankie soured after Feed-Frankie showed himself. In addition to those reasons listed... I would add making fun of Donny's disabled brother and encouraging another contestant (I think Brittany, but can't recall specifically which one) to sneak dairy into Nichole's food to make her sick prior to a competition (She's apparently very lactose intolerant.). He's truly shown himself to be an empty shell of a person.

• Love 4

Nah, it's a game show.  I would be annoyed cause he is a suck of a human being, but I wouldn't be losing any sleep about it.  

I think the perception of Frankie to those who don't watch the live feeds or BBAD are probably pretty different.  I don't watch the live feeds, but I've heard the snippets of quote he has said and seen clips out there on the internets.  He absolutely disgusts me.  

• Love 2

The live feeds give unedited info so I trust them more than the show which tends to give favorable/unfavorable edits depending on what role they've assigned IMO and apparently, based on what Julie said, he is the Showman. Caleb has said he's uncomfortable with the touching, there have been times when the guys have had to remove his hand from their dicks/asses and/or have asked him to stop. I use the word "groping" because I'm not talking about the hugging.

Ad me to the list of feed watchers whose view of Frankie soured after Feed-Frankie showed himself. In addition to those reasons listed... I would add making fun of Donny's disabled brother and encouraging another contestant (I think Brittany, but can't recall specifically which one) to sneak dairy into Nichole's food to make her sick prior to a competition (She's apparently very lactose intolerant.). He's truly shown himself to be an empty shell of a person.

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww . . . i don't like the turn this has taken at all!!  What horrible behavior!  And how dishonest Big Brother not to let us know!

• Love 1

I haven't missed any episodes and don't know anything about these things you mention . . . maybe BBAD gives you too much info.

Aside from BBAD, there are the live feeds. I am beginning to understand why ppl say he's getting a good edit and may be Big Brother's golden child. If you only watch the CBS broadcast, I could see why you might think he's entertaining. Although, I've only watched the CBS broadcasts and I still thought he was annoying and way too over the top. I don't like those type of people in my everyday life (attention-seekers, loud, rude, too touchy feely). We don't know if the people in the house actually like Frankie. Particularly this season, after those first few people left and you only had the sheep left, it was 24/7 ass kissing. No one was going to let Frankie know they disliked him or anyone else for that matter, because he was actually in power a lot.  Not to say that they don't really like him because they probably do. I just wouldn't assume that just because they haven't said anything (they may have though) it means that they actually do like him and all the shit he did in the house.

It doesn't mean that much to my life, so no, I'd be fine. Besides, his sister is asking her Twitter followers to vote for him anyway, so it actually wouldn't surprise me if he did win. Won't make me believe for one second that this was the opinion of true Big Brother FANS. Every BB poll out there has him in last place in terms of most liked house guest.

Edited by MitaJo
  • Love 2

Yeah, it's different when you watch the live feeds vs just watching the show, or even BBAD. The show is definitely more heavily edited for storyline purposes, such as Zach being a villain or Frankie being the Golden Boy (until recently, of course). So I absolutely understand why there are Frankie fans, if they just watch the show. It makes sense because they don't want to portray Frankie as a villain because of his sister. Last season, they had been forced with Aaryn to show the things she said, and even Amanda, but they never showed Andy or Spencer's comments. They even went light on GinaMarie, so you totally get a different perception of people.

Now, goodocar, if you want to look up the live feed version of Frankie, I would encourage you to do so. If you want me to send you a clip or two of Frankie, or explain in further detail about Frankie behind the scenes, I am more than happy to try and give you as much of an objective perspective as I can. Just let me know :)

Ok, now going back to the actual episode, I didn't really like Frankie's mooching to the cameras. He does it whenever he knows it will be shown on the show (the Veto comp, where he puts on a shocked face at the timer, or when he's leaving and gives those 'quirky' speeches and when he's throwing glitter around like it hadn't been done before, except now he's making the crew members clean it up rather than the houseguests, ie Zach's eviction). He's very cocky and self assured and he knows pretty much how to act 'cute and adorable', with his hand holding of Julie (if I were her, I'd shake him off because that's just unprofessional). He goes so over the top and the difference between his over the top and Zach's over the top is that Zach isn't looking for love, praise and attention. He does it in a less try hard way, unlike Frankie, who forces situations that shouldn't necessarily be forced. Look at Frankie and Zach's eviction interviews, with Zach being less 'on' and more humble, while Frankie, although had some ok moments, mostly made pouty faces toward the camera and interrupted Julie at every given opportunity. Weird comparison, seeing as Zach gave Julie a rose, but that's just how I see both.

Add that to his real behaviour 'off camera' (I'm sure according to Frankie, because he calls himself a superfan and he 100% is NOT), and he just irks me. No, he's not the worst Big Brother contestant. But he is the worst Big Brother 16 contestant. 

Derrick winning HOH doesn't surprise me. He's a lock on for final 2 now, unless Caleb stays, wins the final HOH and takes Cody/Victoria. 

Cody's swagger step was actually kind of cute.

And that's all I have to say about the episode. Except maybe THANK GOD FRANKIE'S GONE! NOW DON'T WIN FAN FAVOURITE!

• Love 2

[Rant]I thought I would like Frankie at the beginning of the season. I was even glad he was chosen for team America. I guess I liked the Frankie that Frankie himself has said was not the real Frankie! Very quickly I tired of his entitlement re: squatting in the HOH room, and having to be the center of attention in conversations. Once he was nominated he threw out the "Ariana's' brother" card and was able to be (according to him) his true self, I tired of him at an accelerated rate. I actually believe that the earlier, less entitled Frankie was the truer self. He just doesn't know himself well enough to be happy with being plain. What he thinks of as his true self is just the persona he has gotten used to in his quest for fame. I hated him checking for cameras each time he entered a room, always talking as if he had an audience bigger than the one other person in the room. He was often a cartoon character, over acting his every conversation.[/Rant]

As far as his nomination and eviction went....he really didn't have a mature strategy for being nominated. Not either time. I think his whole strategy going into BB was that it would be a breeze, because (he thinks) he is so popular wherever he goes. The first time he went running behind his sisters fame and went from one kind of popular to another. The second time he realized that popularity had failed him.....but he failed to understand the logic (or illogic) that was running through Caleb and Cody. He also failed to understand that he never was the most popular person in the house. Derrick holds that title. Everyone goes to Derrick.

The whole "I'm a celebrity playing for charity" just served to make him look delusional. Woo hoo. Yeah, I'm sure if you're applying for a show so you can catapult from rich to famous your PR people are going to remind you ahead of time to say you're playing for charity. And maybe, for tax purposes or even real altruistic purposes, he was....Problem is that it makes no sense to think other contestants will want to keep you around or think it's fair! Most actual celebrities are cast on shows WITH OTHER CELEBRITIES who are also playing for charity. Yeah, MAYBE he is a rich BB fan who wanted to play and of course doesn't care about the money. But who does that? What person who already has fame and money would submit themselves to being filmed 24/7 and risk ruining their marketability?

I mean, really. If he's already rich, he can donate 500,000.00 without having to win it. Let's see him do that.

Topic: Frankie lost the RW HOH because of nerves. He had to know the odds weren't in his favor since he wasn't much better than Caleb the first time. Knowing that, nerves would lose it for him. He lost the Veto because of nerves as well. He freaked out and didn't even come close.

As far as the show not being live for his eviction: What a coincidence! Who could have predicted that the guy who thinks he takes the most advantage of the live show would be the one who got the taped and edited one. I don't think the house guests even knew they were being taped. I realize that the HOH comp was timed but the HGs may well have thought it was because they were live.

I kind of expected that there would be applause and not boos from an audience of the "fellow entertainment employees" who were there. The benign questions from Julie seemed to me to be of the sort used for managing a mandatory guest who was likely to dominate the show and humiliate everyone if asked any serious questions.

Edited by Seawolff
  • Love 2

The best scene of the night was the juxtaposition between the guys studying facial features on the wall and Victoria studying what appeared to be a bag of bread.

Based on what we saw, she must have done some studying, but the first time around she was in last place by a wide margin, so if she figured she had no chance of winning anyway, and didn't spend the kind of time the others did, it's understandable.

To Derrick: "Derrick - to the only other responsible adult in the House - please make sure my fish don't die."

Frankie considers himself an adult? From what I've seen, his sister acts 10x as mature.

• Love 1

Frankie considers himself an adult? From what I've seen, his sister acts 10x as mature.

Funny that. From all appearances he wants people to think he is a tween!

And:

HIS fish? Oh, I forgot, he monopolized the HOH to the extent that the others....ummm, oh yeah, voted him out.

• Love 2

I actually didn't watch BBAD or the Live Feeds, so I only saw the Frankie presented on the show, and I still didn't like him. In the beginning he was annoying but mildly amusing. But very quickly he grew very arrogant and entitled, and his constant preening for the cameras drove me up the wall. It was never worse than during the live shows when he would be dressed in his best Dutch Boy costume complete with short shorts, perched on the edge of his seat, mouth agape acting shocked and thrilled by every single word that escaped the Chenbot's voice synthesizer.

I'm sure his sister's fans will help him win the America's Favorite, though. Because he's certainly not the BB viewers' favorite!

(Oh, and LoneHaranguer? I don't think his sister is that much more mature… seems to run in the family: http://pagesix.com/2014/09/17/ariana-grandes-diva-demands-are-like-the-president-is-in-town/?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=P6Facebook&utm_medium=SocialFlow)

• Love 2

I was in the audience and had to stay away from the boards for the last few days for fear of letting something slip.

I will say that the audience was told we could react in any way we wanted, but to please remember that the houseguests have been in there for nearly 90 days and be respectful. I literally (not figuratively) sat on my hands when Frankie came out. There were a lot of gay men in the audience and even one who I think is from RuPaul's Drag Show or something like that. I could tell before the show that there would not be a lot of negative response to Frankie and I just plain did not want to draw attention to myself.

• Love 2

Ive seen that video. He doesn't actually "do" anything horrible. In my opinion, its just a bunch of words said for shock-value. I admit he is an attention whore and he entertains the others with his 'shocking' comments.

We disagree on what is horrible, so mileage may vary.  The description seemingly with glee of how the Zingbot should rape another house guest is absolutely disgusting to me.  I absolutely understood why Victoria's family watching at home was so upset.  

• Love 4

Mixed in with the relief I felt about Frankie's eviction was confusion-disgust:

- The shorts he had on....ugh, why??  So gross.  Frankie, leave the shorty-shorts look to Richard Simmons.  We can deal with it when it's Richard, not when it's you.  

- The over-rehearsed farewells before leaving the house.  Oh, STFU and GTFO.  And keep the glitter in the pocket of your shorty-shorts.

- Why was he so out of breath?  I mean, the breathlessness was a bit prolonged.  I was wondering if they edited out some sort of dance routine he may have done after the glitter toss.

- Chenbot's schoolgirl crush.  Julie has no BS Meter, I guess.  Ew, and holding hands during the taped goodbyes?  Made me cringe.

- Last, but not least, the positive reaction from the crowd.  Other posters are probably right -- the seats were filled with CBS employees and friends.  I am a fan of BBUK, and that audience is never shy about ripping a housemate to shreds.  They boo, they chant "Get (so-and-so) out!"....sure, you pity the targeted housemate a little...but at least the audience is allowed to give an opinion.  Maybe it's different because the British public actually votes to keep or to evict housemates.  The reality of authentic audience reactions (with Christine's exit) wasn't appreciated by CBS, I guess.  

Oh, and on another note....I've seen Cody's modeling pictures.   He doesn't look disappointing to me.  ;)

Edited by CoolWhipLite
  • Love 3

There were a lot of gay men in the audience

Maybe that's what Frankie's exit outfit was all about. He was perhaps trying to impress any potential future dating prospects in the audience. I know virtually nothing about that world but Frankie seems a little long in the tooth to still be trying to work the twink look.

In slightly related Grande family news, Julie and her gang on The Talk gave Ariana a virtual tongue bath today in reaction to some shade Mayim Bialik (from The Big Bang Theory--yet another CBS show) threw about Ariana's sexy billboard for her new album.