Type keyword(s) to search

Rosie Perez: Boxers or Briefs?

• Start Topic

Wendy Williams talked nonstop about wanting Perez on The View, and I think her promotional tour for her autobiography really got ABC's attention. She was a frequent guest on Ferguson as well and was pretty charming in all her interviews.

I love her honesty, like when she talks about celebs who smoke weed on set or how 2pac wanted to hook up with Madonna and did. And she never hesitates to admit when she was the asshole in the story.

• Love 2

Sometimes I think she exaggerates her accent for comic appeal...... so maybe she won't do that on a daily basis

This.

Today she started off without her accent coming through as much,  as she got more animated with what she was saying it started to come out more. It seemed like she noticed that and tried to dial it back a bit.

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 1

Rosie Perez?  Seriously?   Crap. 

I guess this season will be the tale of two Rosies for me: one that I've been excited about seeing back on screen and one I flip the channel every time I see her for more than five minutes, not that she's on that much.   I guess it's still The View since this show is still sticking it to me. 

• Love 1

RP has always come across as a cartoonish character to me. Kristin Chenoweth does too. So of course the two times I clicked over to check in on the new View it was the RP game show and KC at the end. I'll try again tomorrow. I really want smart and I still miss Joy.

• Love 2

You are free to comment about the hosts in the weekly episode threads as long as it pertains to what happened on the show that week.   Instead of having to come here to the host thread to make a comment on what they did or didn't do on the show.  Thanks.

Perez has been charming and refreshing! I appreciate that her comments are honest and sincere and that she's appeared to have done some research and read up on topics and wants to provide accurate information. (She has representing Latinas positively doing what she does so she could pull back on the Latino "shoutouts" she's done)

Also, her wardrobe has been spot on. Classy, fashionable, age appropriate. Whoever is dressing her deserves applause for negating any short, hootchie. Trying to hard to be sexy outfits.

• Love 1

I love Rosie when she is herself and let's her accent go!  She should stay real and try not try to act like something thing she is not.  Like an Elizabeth.  I'd love for her to give more tea too when she has some. 

I caught her on Wendy Williams and I thought she was cute and funny. 

I think she looks great! 

• Love 2

I grabbed one of those bottles of water RP was talking about last week WAT-AAH! It was great, crisp clean tasting. We filter our water at home. I usually carry a reusable filtered bottle, I forgot it today.

They did a great job with the design. It is aimed at kids and my 4 year old loved it. He was the one who actually picked it up, it grabbed his attention.

It must be in a lot of places, if I found it at my Kroger in Ohio.

I just started listening to Rosie P's book. She reads it so if her voice bothers you skip the audio version! I don't mind it. I'm only on the second disk and boy her life beginning at 3 years old is quite disturbing to me. She must have had some good therapy plus having a resilience of her own.

• Love 1

I read her book and it gave me a lot of compassion and understanding for her. It may be rude to say this in light of some of the difficult subject matter, but the writing was lacking, IMO -- way too conversational with all the, "Are you kidding me, people?"s and, "Holla!"s. The story was interesting though, and I'm glad I read it and have a deeper understanding of her.

• Love 2

I bet this is how rumors are started but......

My mom just told me that she was watching Entertainment Tonight and they said Rosie Perez is not coming back to The View.

Now I didnt go check anything I just came here to tell all of you..... my personal opinion is this... if it is true... ABC would have made an announcement... not Entertainment Tonight.

But The View has never done things like this right

• Love 2

I'm wondering...everyone knew about RP's commitment to the play when the season started and the contracts were signed.

Perhaps her contract was contingent on ratings or polls or some mystical sign in the sky...at any rate...she would get the blame for any 'bad' stuff and wqould be able to leave gracefully if it didn't work out.

The thing is, I liked her mostly.  I think the tight jaw developed along with the general tension on the panel.  I never had a hard time understanding her nor did I have a problem following what she was trying to say.

It was clear however, that as the tension rose and Whoopi got increasingly confrontational that RP was very tense.  I don't remember the tense jaw when expressing her opinion in the beginning.

I liked her personality and point of view and would be sorry to see her go.  But I believe she is gone.

IMHO Whoopi is the one who should go.  She is too confrontational and has not made the transition from the crazy pants panel of the last 5-6 years.  This is a different group and Whoops has not made the transition.

• Love 7

I really want to like Rosie Perez, but she is making it awfully hard.  

She is so insecure it is painful to watch sometimes. She is as smart of any of these other ladies (I know that's not saying much).  I don't know why she is so uncomfortable.   I hate it when she pulls out a page of stuff to read to the audience because it feels like she was frantically googling the topics right before the show so she could have something to say. You can tell she is not truly well-versed in some of the topics she is expounding upon, or she would be able to just make her point without using notes.  And when she starts these awkward recitation of facts she includes unnecessary information, like the actual number of some House bill and it only detracted from her perfectly valid point.  I just want to yell at her to STOP READING and just talk. 

And when she does just talk, god please make her stop delivering lectures on the history of hip hop or yammering about stinking boxing.  Enough of that. We know you are a cool girl with your boxing interest, we get it. Do you know probably 95% of your audience could not care less about boxing, and many of them find it abhorrent?  And you have decent street cred, please please stop reminding us you were there when hip hop crawled out of the womb.  We know!  And I don't find the lectures in which she makes sweeping generalizations about the Latin community any more appropriate than when Whoopi presumes to explain to me how every Black person in America feels about a given subject.  Sharing your knowledge of cultural history is one thing.  Across the board wholesale  assumptions that everyone of your ethnic group shares your opinion about something is another.

• Love 9

the last few times I've watched, Rosie is doing nothing but rattling off meaningless statistics. Reading from a paper "49% of people, blah blah blah, but 17% of Men blah, blah, something else, and 34% of households blabbety blah blah". No analysis of the statistics, no context, just numbers.

yeah, I wanted to like her, but she adds nothing to the show.

• Love 8

Really backformore, and as an actress she can't even bring the feelings to her statements of "facts" that she stumbles through. They are merely facts handed to her to have something to say and serve some purpose being on the show.

I don't believe I have ever heard...."really, 40%?" or a source or actually follow-up conversation about Rosie's incredible research.

• Love 4

I gotta say.... After reading this article... I lost a little respect for Rosie

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3192848/Kiss-Rosie-Perez-QUITS-View-early-heated-spat-ABC-execs-forced-apologize-anger-Kelly-Osbourne-s-racist-Latino-remark.html

Not only did she cave and apologize on the air... when she didnt mean it.... but then she posted that tweet at the demands of ABC.... then she walked out.... If she really was as tough as she wants us to believe... she would have told them to F*** OFF before she posted it and walked out.

But no... she sent out that tweet like a good little girl then became outraged..... kinda too late after you already sold out.... her fans were right to challenge her on Twitter.

• Love 2

I gotta say.... After reading this article... I lost a little respect for Rosie

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3192848/Kiss-Rosie-Perez-QUITS-View-early-heated-spat-ABC-execs-forced-apologize-anger-Kelly-Osbourne-s-racist-Latino-remark.html

Not only did she cave and apologize on the air... when she didnt mean it.... but then she posted that tweet at the demands of ABC.... then she walked out.... If she really was as tough as she wants us to believe... she would have told them to F*** OFF before she posted it and walked out.

But no... she sent out that tweet like a good little girl then became outraged..... kinda too late after you already sold out.... her fans were right to challenge her on Twitter.

I don't believe The Daily Mail is known for its accuracy so we don't know how this situation really played out!  

ETA-  Look what I just found about the Daily Mail and this story (fake writer/ faulty coverage)

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/confidential/site-fake-writer-faulty-coverage-rosie-perez-item-article-1.2322402

Edited by springtime
  • Love 1