Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E10: Grenadian Nightmare

• Start Topic

"Chef Anthony buckles under pressure with an a la carte dinner menu; the interior crew continues to feel the strain of being a stew down; the crew gets a day off to spend at a resort but the Fraser vs. Barbie drama makes it anything but relaxing."

Airs: 04/08/2024

Fraser was (and is) a great server. He has a talent for service and making guests comfortable. Now that he's Chief Stew, it's a whole different kettle of fish. I don't think he's cut out for management. I mentioned previously that I think Barbie is a "let's work this out together" managerial problem. If you water her properly, she will flower. if you stonewall her, she will shrivel up. A good manager weighs the end result with the work invested in achieving it. In Barbie's, case I think it would be worth it. Fraser doesn't see it that way, he's too busy worrying about his own feelings and over-reacting to everything else. 

• Like 13
  • Applause 7
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

Fraser is a horrible manager. 
- He complains to Xandi about Barbie. 
- he complains to Paris (within 1 day of her arriving!) about Barbie. 
- highly inappropriate to complain to a subordinate about their peer.
- Barbie can’t win. Why does she have to talk to Fraser behind the scenes? She is good at her job - I would think he’d be thrilled given the mess that Cat was. Do they all have to skip together and sing kumbaya?

so does Barbie leave? Any chance this backfires on Fraser with Kerry? Paris is probably qualified and could step up…

• Like 12
  • Love 1

For whatever reason, Fraser is not ever going to get along with Barbie.  He takes everything personally, and gossiping with the other crew about her is a horrible thing for a manager to do.

I feel so bad for Anthony.  He was put in a shitty position with all these guests and their ridiculous, mostly made up for drama food restrictions.  To make 3-4 different apps, entrees and desserts for 8 people is just setting up a chef for failure.

Jill just cannot shut her trap for 2 seconds.  She thinks she needs to be involved in every conversation, and that her opinion on everything is of the utmost importance. How can any stand to be around her?  

I hope after watching this, the primary guest (whoever she was- she wasn’t ever on screen long enough for me to remember her) feels bad about the low tip.  For all the hoops the crew jumped through for their food issues, and for having to deal with Jill, that tip was not commiserate with the service provided.  They should get a bonus for not keel hauling Jill for attempted mutiny.

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

Chef Frenchy could have made the same dish for the vegan, gluten free, vegetarian.

Jill claims to be friends with all the guests but did not know one of them does not eat raw fish but wasn't that the same woman who was the primary but nodded along with Jill while she told the chef about wanting the sushi at the bar, saying nothing about wanting a non fish sushi option...that is on her.

Jill as a running commentary about everything on that boat and that was tiresome, the capt told the crew to not let Jill rattle them, capt should have pulled Jill aside and told her to chill because she is not the primary in some non confrontational way. On the other side of that coin why not have a deck crew in the galley for plating and washing pots and pans? How can anyone get annoyed with Chef and not offer any remedy for his situation?

• Like 15
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, BusyOctober said:

I hope after watching this, the primary guest (whoever she was- she wasn’t ever on screen long enough for me to remember her) feels bad about the low tip.  For all the hoops the crew jumped through for their food issues, and for having to deal with Jill, that tip was not commiserate with the service provided.  They should get a bonus for not keel hauling Jill for attempted mutiny.

It's one thing to go on a reality show and present yourself as a miserable bitch, but then to top it off by being a cheap fuck is unbelievable.

• Like 4
  • Fire 3
  • Applause 9
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, sugarbaker design said:

It's one thing to go on a reality show and present yourself as a miserable bitch, but then to top it off by being a cheap fuck is unbelievable.

The more I think about Jill’s behavior, the more convinced I am that she didn’t even know the other guests.  I think she was on vacation with GAHH-ry because  she knows Below Deck is filming. She met up with (aka - stalked) these unsuspecting Bravo invitees at dinner, and just talked her way on to their charter.  

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 8

Team Barbie, 100%. She is absolutely right, she cannot win with Fraser. If she complains, he shuts her down and criticizes her. If she keeps her mouth shut, he keeps commenting on her being quiet. 

I don't know what Fraser's problem is, but between the way he coddled Cat and the way he took an instant disliking to Barbie I think he's a terrible judge of character. He's a shit manager, that much is certain. Unloading on Paris before she's even gotten onto the boat is so unprofessional. 

12 hours ago, snarts said:

When Ben, who's banging one of his deckhands, has to give you leadership advice, you know it's bad.

Exactly. Speaking of Ben, the optics are going to be terrible whether he promotes Dylan or Sunny to Lead. He should not be banging one of his deckhands. 

The editing on this show is so random. The main story at the top was the dinner disaster, so why cut away to a random conversation between Ben and Dylan about how Dylan likes to pick up girls?

The chef just really isn't cut out for this line of work. He seems to be a very fine cook and would probably be OK in a restaurant with lots of help but being a lone chef on a luxury yacht with demanding guests is a special talent he just doesn't have. I think someone with more experience would have figured out something everyone could eat regardless of specific restrictions. He just tried to do too many things. 

I still don't get why breakfast can't be a simple buffet with fresh fruit, pastries, etc. That's the way the "toffs" are served breakfast in their mansions. I know, I've seen Downton Abbey. 

• Like 8
  • LOL 3

Remember seasons ago when the chief stew Heather was able to bring a past coworker on to fill a stew spot and Fraser freaked out because he was so insecure about his position, Heather was really nice about talking to him and cleared things up, why can't Fraser have that level of communication with Barbie because I feel like if he fires her he is shooting himself in the foot because she is really good at her job.

Fraser might be feeling like he is not doing a good job and needs to blame someone for his lack of skill, Barbie is good at her job and he is jealous, maybe?

• Like 4
  • Applause 5
(edited)
55 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Remember seasons ago when the chief stew Heather was able to bring a past coworker on to fill a stew spot and Fraser freaked out because he was so insecure about his position, Heather was really nice about talking to him and cleared things up, why can't Fraser have that level of communication with Barbie because I feel like if he fires her he is shooting himself in the foot because she is really good at her job.

Fraser might be feeling like he is not doing a good job and needs to blame someone for his lack of skill, Barbie is good at her job and he is jealous, maybe?

This, 100%!!!! 

Fraser seems to be insecure in his position as Chief Stew, and I don't think he's happy that Barbie (or anyone) could possibly have aspirations to that title.

Especially because Barbie seems very strong in a lot of the same things that Fraser is strong in (service, getting along with guests, etc.)  She's also strong at tending bar and tablescapes and theme decor.  I've yet to see Fraser do either tablescapes and/or decor.  Barbie is also a strong personality and looks good all the time, so in the "Bravosphere", she may be a stronger contender for future Chief Stew opportunities on the Below Deck franchise.  All of this, I'm sure, is going on in Fraser's head.

He's being horrible to her, imo.  I hope that Captain Kerry puts him in his place, and won't let Fraser fire Barbie.  If she leaves on her own, I think that would be a bad move for her, too.  

I'm reminded on Kate and Jen (I think it was Season 4 or 5) - Jen was horrible, and there was a lot of back and forth between her and Kate.  Kate worked through it and finally figured out a way to work with her.  There was also that girl, Laura (replacement for crazy Caroline), who made the comment to Kate about "checking herself" - now, THAT was insubordination and disrespect.  Barbie has not really displayed that, imo.  Kate also figured out a way to work that situation out.

Fraser doesn't have that managerial quality yet - if ever.  He's too personally sensitive.

Edited by njbchlover
  • Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • Love 4

I didn’t think it was possible for Jill to get more annoying since Housewives but here she is killing it. 

I don’t know what Fraser is upset about. Barbie isn’t being shitty to him, they’re just not close and that’s okay. It was stupid of him to gossip to Paris.

Ewww Ben. I get this is Below Deck but in this day and age there shouldn’t be any fooling around with the crew. When he started touching Paris I thought she should have told him to keep his nasty hands to himself.

• Like 5
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I don't think he's jealous, but I'm getting the impression he's taking his cue from Captain Sandy, and is reading insubordination into whatever Barbie says. Considering the problems he had with Camille and Alissa I think he just automatically projected that onto Barbie the first time she ever said anything that could be interpreted as insubordination. Remember Sandy fired Alissa for saying "Sandy I mean Captain Sandy." Also Sandy tends to coddle the baby birds the same way Fraser coddled Cat. I wonder if after last season Sandy pulled him aside and instructed him on how to behave, because I'm getting serious Sandy vibes from him now.

On a different note, it's hilarious all the girls are in agreement that Dylan should keep his mouth shut because he's so cringe.

• Like 5
  • Useful 4

Some people are not meant to manage people and Fraser is definitely one of them. He’s a great stew, but cannot manage different personalities and work ethics. And that’s okay, just recognize it. I do not have the patience to manage people, therefore, I don’t!

Jill Zarin is the worst. I had no idea she was a yacht expert…the commentary during docking drove me nuts, not to mention her adding her two cents every time the Primary was asked a question. SHUT UP JILL.

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, snarts said:

I don't think Fraser knows what insubordination means. Nothing we've seen from Barbie meets the definition. Quite the opposite, he's coming across as a micromanaging bully. She's doing her job and he's complaining that she's not smiling enough for him. 

His actions at the beach club alone were the very definition of unprofessional. I'm.glad Paris was quick to see both sides. Hoping Captain Kerry gives him a serious smackdown. You just got a new stew & you want to fire one? Barbie works her ass off. She's the only one who does tablescapes, the only one but him on service. He really needs to put his ego aside & act like leader. When Ben, who's banging one of his deckhands, has to give you leadership advice, you know it's bad. 

THIS.  In no way, shape or form has Barbie demonstrated any kind of insubordination.  She has been nothing but professional to Fraser - and he certainly can't say the same.  He has gossiped and badmouthed her to Xandi, Ben and now Paris (have we checked BD footage to see if he's badmouthed Barbie to the staff at the restaurant?)  I used to like Fraser but this has completely turned me against him.  He is 100% in the wrong here.  From what we've been shown, it looks like Barbie works harder than anyone else in interior.  I hope Captain Kerry hands Fraser his ass when he goes to get Barbie fired.  #TeamBarbie

I wasn't feeling Paris at all - until she called out Fraser for badmouthing Barbie and went to comfort her.  She nailed the entire situation - it started as something small and has been fueled by alcohol. 

I felt so bad for Chef Anthony.  No one can win in a situation like that, where everyone has different dietary preferences and needs - and Jill Zarin.  I wanted to hug him when he said the whole event reminded him of a teacher calling him a loser and born a loser, die a loser.  He is not a loser.  He simply does not have a chief stew that knows how to accommodate him and help him.   And therein is another failure of Fraser's management style.  Instead of complaining to Xandi about Anthony, talk to Anthony and find a solution.  And yes, Fraser, you can help him because now you've got Paris.  #TeamCheffy 

Amazing how Fraser had all the time in the world to devote to Cat and her emotions and tears but he cannot deal with Barbie and he cannot deal with Chef Anthony. 

I think the tip was so poor because the primary was hoping that the crew would throw Jill overboard.    

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 7
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I still don't get why breakfast can't be a simple buffet with fresh fruit, pastries, etc. That's the way the "toffs" are served breakfast in their mansions. I know, I've seen Downton Abbey. 

This would be what I want.  Thanks for the giggle about Downton Abbey.

• Like 4

I agree with many of you calling out Fraser for being unprofessional, complaining about Barbie to Xandi, Paris, Ben.  But, in my opinion, I don't think he is 100% of the problem.  Barbie didn't feel supported when Xandi and Fraser were off on the beach excursion and should have brought it up to Fraser instead of sulking and giving him the cold shoulder.  I think she relies on childish behaviors, probably because she was indulged by her parents.  She may be a hard worker, but she is far from professional.

Ben completely creeped me out, being so handsy with Paris.  That is just wrong on so many levels.  

• Like 7
  • Fire 1
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

I felt so bad for Chef Anthony.  No one can win in a situation like that, where everyone has different dietary preferences and needs - and Jill Zarin.  I wanted to hug him when he said the whole event reminded him of a teacher calling him a loser and born a loser, die a loser.  He is not a loser.  He simply does not have a chief stew that knows how to accommodate him and help him.   And therein is another failure of Fraser's management style.  Instead of complaining to Xandi about Anthony, talk to Anthony and find a solution.  And yes, Fraser, you can help him because now you've got Paris.  #TeamCheffy 

I felt bad for him too but I don't think we can blame this one on Fraser. A more experienced yacht chef like Ben or Rachel would have sat down with those preference sheets on Day 1 and worked up meal plans that were doable. And that's not Fraser's job, it's the chef's. Instead, Anthony seemed to be deciding on courses on the fly, and it was Fraser who had to keep reminding him about the various preferences.

Fraser may be 100% wrong about Barbie but he's not wrong when he says Anthony is disorganized (and not just messy). When you have all these different requirements, you work out maybe two things that will meet everyone's needs. Not seven or eight different things you're figuring out in the moment.

Anthony seems like a sweet guy and I'm sure his food is great but he's not cut out for this job. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
(edited)

I feel like the Barbie and Frasier stuff is manufactured. Because she isn't all that bad. And she was on WWHL with Andy saying great things about Frasier and that she'd work with him again. I want to say all the questions that were negative about the crew, she'd answer Cat. Or maybe Xandie...it was one of her girl stew mates. I may re watch and see what she said again. It was a few weeks back, early in the season.

I feel bad for Cheffy. His food is good when he can just create and doesn't have so many extreme restrictions. This last group were ridiculous and even said....it's not like we'll go into anlphlylatic shock or anything. Then, bitches, you don't have allergies and are just picky mother fockers. Yes, lady, I bet any of your staff just LOVE you (what Frasier said to the housewife lady). The whole sushi debacle...chef said something like 'tuna and wahoo' and that's when they could have said to do just one of those and then tempura shrimp or something cooked. Duh. I want to be on a charter with Frenchie Cheffy. Would let him do his thang and eat it up.

Edited by Lamima
  • Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

I so agree with what has been said about Fraser. I couldn't believe him when he was going on about Barbie to Paris when she just got there! I also can't believe that he just got fully staffed, has not even seen how Paris is as a stew, and he's wanting to fire Barbie! Dude. You just got fully staffed after being down one for a charter and a half. Not to mention him complaining about Barbie to Xandi and Ben, but Barbie's the unprofessional one?! He's doubling down way too hard on not letting his stews walk all over him like they did last season, but Barbie's not doing what Camille and Alyssa did last year. Not even close. He is so insecure and is one of those people that thinks he has to be besties with everyone he works with and anyone not feeling the same way, is being a bitch. He was like that as 2nd stew under Heather. He got crazy insecure when Heather's friend joined the crew late in the season because he thought he'd lose his bestie. I bet he's a Stage 5 clinger in romantic relationships. I'm glad the others are seeing him for the neurotic headcase that he is. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1

Fraser should not be in a leadership position as he's like one of the girls, always bitching to one about the other. He was a good stew but never a leader.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2

In previous seasons members of the deck crew have spent time in the galley helping out with washing pots and dishes.  Heck some of the captains have even helped out. There has been a time or two when then a member of the deck crew helped with food prep. I don't know how one human being could have handled all of the demands of this last charter. The captain should have told the rest of the crew to pitch in and help. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 3
(edited)

I bet the tip was smaller because Jill did not contribute enough for her and Gary's share. She probably thought the crew having the pleasure to serve her was enough of a tip.

Someone mentioned the  chef was not organized with the preference sheets.  He probably had meal plans, but Jill kept suggesting things extra like the sushi and burgers.  I agree that the breakfast could be made simpler.  It should be family style,  maybe platters of scrambled eggs, fruit, bacon, bread etc.  After all, according to the movie Gosford Park, the upper class serve themselves at breakfast.   They had a buffet of food to select from. Not eggs served 20 different ways.

Also, I am still saying that the deck crew needs to be helping the chef with cleanups etc.  He should not have to do all that on his own.  Previous seasons the chefs have had kitchen help from deck.

Edited by howiveaddict
  • Like 6
  • Applause 3
13 hours ago, howiveaddict said:

I bet the tip was smaller because Jill did not contribute enough for her and Gary's share.

Aside from the fact that the crew had to tolerate Jill, the fact is that when your dinner comes out cold, you don't get a huge tip. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
18 hours ago, howiveaddict said:

Also, I am still saying that the deck crew needs to be helping the chef with cleanups etc.  He should not have to do all that on his own.  Previous seasons the chefs have had kitchen help from deck.

Exactly!  All the other seasons the crew stepped up and helped the chef.  Why not on this season.  I realize interior was down one, but exterior wasn't and could have helped Chef out.  And Frazier was no help and his attitude made it worse.  Walking away muttering insults and negative comments under your breath helps no one. The food restrictions of these guests would have been hard in a fully staffed restaurant where the Chef has a Sus Chef. I still cannot believe no one thought to help him.  Even when they went over the preference sheet, they were all aware of the challenges feeding this group and should have been set up for someone to help when needed or at least check on the kitchen once in a while to see if needed.

On 4/10/2024 at 12:28 AM, SemiCharmedLife said:

But, in my opinion, I don't think he is 100% of the problem.  Barbie didn't feel supported when Xandi and Fraser were off on the beach excursion and should have brought it up to Fraser instead of sulking and giving him the cold shoulder.  I think she relies on childish behaviors, probably because she was indulged by her parents.  She may be a hard worker, but she is far from professional.

It would not have matter if she brought it up with sunshine coming out of her mouth, Frazier does not like her and would have cut her off stating that they are all working hard.  I think she has held herself well, considering her supervisor does not like her and dismissing everything she says.  And for him to get on to her because she is not "smiling enough" is pure Bullshit.  That was him picking at her.  What can she say to that?  It is a passive aggressive way for him to get her to quit.

I hope Kerry does not let Frazier fire her and make Frazier do his job and be a Chief Stew and manage his crew.  Thank goodness Paris is levelheaded and did not get sucked into Frazier's drama.  Not very professional of a manager taking shit about someone on his team to a new member of the team who doesn't know the dynamics of the crew.  

I agree with what Bambie said about Frazier, that he doesn't like her personally, but he likes her work performance.  

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Aside from the fact that the crew had to tolerate Jill, the fact is that when your dinner comes out cold, you don't get a huge tip. 

But,  if chef had had some help, he may not have had to serve cold food.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, howiveaddict said:
23 hours ago, iMonrey said:

But,  if chef had had some help, he may not have had to serve cold food.

And Jill's interference caused the chef to create foods not planned for when they went over the primary's/guests requests.  I think Jill needs to pitch in $10K.  

23 hours ago, iMonrey said:
On 4/10/2024 at 7:24 PM, howiveaddict said:

I bet the tip was smaller because Jill did not contribute enough for her and Gary's share.

Jill's MEDDLING was the "contribution" that caused many of the kitchen problems.

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
On 4/9/2024 at 11:28 AM, njbchlover said:

He's being horrible to her, imo.  I hope that Captain Kerry puts him in his place, and won't let Fraser fire Barbie.

Captain Kerry probably won't have an educated opinion until after the season is over and he watches the shows.  Hope it's not too late.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I think Barbie is passive/aggressive. It is easy enough to smile and be friendly to people you don’t like when you work together. I have had to do it on plenty of jobs and I’m sure I’m not alone. No, you’re not going to like everyone you work with, but you are expected to be professional, and part of being professional is keeping those feelings to yourself. When you don’t make eye contact and talk in a huffy, dismissive tone that is not being professional. Fraser is right, in my opinion, that he shouldn’t have to put up with that from someone who is under him.

HOWEVER. Fraser himself wins the award for “Most Unprofessional” by running around gossiping about Barbie to just about anyone who would listen. That was really unbelievable, and I do think it reflects that Fraser does not have enough seasoning to be in his current position. I have seen plenty of workplace gossip over the years and the surest thing I know is that what you say will ALWAYS get back to that person. You don’t talk to anybody about anybody, let alone your subordinates about another subordinate. I can’t imagine what Fraser is thinking, anyway. They just went through an ordeal with not having enough people, now he wants to ditch Barbie. Yes, Barbie is being passive/aggressive, but I have to think there is a better way of handling that than cutting her loose.

I feel sorry for the new girl. She’s just trying to settle in, and Fraser is badmouthing Barbie, Barbie is crying, and douchebag Ben is pawing at her. I had a real problem with him getting handsy with her at the beach. It is first day, and she doesn’t know anyone well enough to say, “Get the hell away from me.” Ben is officially a creep in my eyes, and if it doesn’t work out with Sunny, then I say she dodged a bullet.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
On 4/11/2024 at 4:00 PM, gaPeach said:

All the other seasons the crew stepped up and helped the chef.  Why not on this season.  I realize interior was down one, but exterior wasn't and could have helped Chef out. 

First of all, we don't know whether or not one of the deckies is helping. They just haven't shown any. Also, at most, all they ever do is wash dishes. It's not like they're going to help cook the food. And we haven't seen Anthony asking for help, either.

I think it's tempting to put the blame on the rest of the crew because Anthony seems like such a sweet guy. But the reality is that this is his responsibility - not the crew's. He is clearly disorganized and isn't properly planning the meals. Granted, these guests were more of a handful than usual, but making things that were clearly marked as no-no's on the preference sheets and having to make substitutions on the fly is nobody's fault but the chefs. Having someone help wash dishes or maybe chop carrots wouldn't change that.

• Like 2
On 4/9/2024 at 9:28 PM, SemiCharmedLife said:

Barbie didn't feel supported when Xandi and Fraser were off on the beach excursion and should have brought it up to Fraser instead of sulking and giving him the cold shoulder.  I think she relies on childish behaviors, probably because she was indulged by her parents.  She may be a hard worker, but she is far from professional.

I too am questioning the editing because Fraser's comments are not in line with what we're seeing. I've not seen him be hypercritical without warrant. I think we're not seeing everything Barbie's said or done, but we are seeing Fraser's reaction.

• Like 3

Fraser needs help from the Captain on how to manage barbie. he should not be discussing his issues with Paris or Ben. It's very unprofessional.

• Like 6

My favorite part of this interminable episode was the new pretty boy trying to work the new stew. He fucks this up so badly I feel like he needs to wear a helmet just to walk around. Paraphrasing:

Him: "So, you're named Paris, but you're from Australia?" [off to a REAL bad start here]

Her: "Yup."

Him: "How unusual! Weird! You should have been named like..." [this is where the wheels fly off and the train smashes out of station like that Montparnesse picture from the thirties] "...Croc or something." [I'm aghast. WHY NOT JUST SAY SIDNEY! THAT'S ACTUALLY  A CITY THERE] Then content about Steve Irwin. It was so gross to watch.

• LOL 4

My boy Frasier is letting the side down and if he thinks the captain is going to let him fire the petulant but very efficient Barbie go, he needs to think again. Gabbing to just-met-you Paris was all kinds of wrong.

Feel so sorry for Anthony. Most of those people have seen this show and know the deckies should be helping with the dishes. That alone could make a big difference, especially with so many divergent guest preferenes.

They must be doing some of this shit for drama. The captain should have asked the deckhands to help.

I suspect Jill was the catalyst for getting the group on the cruise because of her RHONY fame, but perhaps not very close to the group, which is why the primary let her takeover.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
On 4/8/2024 at 10:37 PM, snarts said:

I don't think Fraser knows what insubordination means. Nothing we've seen from Barbie meets the definition. Quite the opposite, he's coming across as a micromanaging bully. She's doing her job and he's complaining that she's not smiling enough for him. 

His actions at the beach club alone were the very definition of unprofessional. I'm.glad Paris was quick to see both sides. Hoping Captain Kerry gives him a serious smackdown. You just got a new stew & you want to fire one? Barbie works her ass off. She's the only one who does tablescapes, the only one but him on service. He really needs to put his ego aside & act like leader. When Ben, who's banging one of his deckhands, has to give you leadership advice, you know it's bad. 

I agree 100%. Fraser is not cutting it as a chief stew. And it's not right to give Barbie, who is doing a good job such a hard time.  He was totally unprofessional on their day off at the beach.

On 4/9/2024 at 1:09 AM, aqusdealer said:

Fraser was (and is) a great server. He has a talent for service and making guests comfortable. Now that he's Chief Stew, it's a whole different kettle of fish. I don't think he's cut out for management. I mentioned previously that I think Barbie is a "let's work this out together" managerial problem. If you water her properly, she will flower. if you stonewall her, she will shrivel up. A good manager weighs the end result with the work invested in achieving it. In Barbie's, case I think it would be worth it. Fraser doesn't see it that way, he's too busy worrying about his own feelings and over-reacting to everything else. 

Agreed. He's definitely not management material.

On 4/9/2024 at 6:16 AM, the ninja said:

Fraser is a horrible manager. 
- He complains to Xandi about Barbie. 
- he complains to Paris (within 1 day of her arriving!) about Barbie. 
- highly inappropriate to complain to a subordinate about their peer.
- Barbie can’t win. Why does she have to talk to Fraser behind the scenes? She is good at her job - I would think he’d be thrilled given the mess that Cat was. Do they all have to skip together and sing kumbaya?

so does Barbie leave? Any chance this backfires on Fraser with Kerry? Paris is probably qualified and could step up…

I hope Barbie doesn't leave too because of him.

On 4/9/2024 at 6:51 AM, BusyOctober said:

For whatever reason, Fraser is not ever going to get along with Barbie.  He takes everything personally, and gossiping with the other crew about her is a horrible thing for a manager to do.

I feel so bad for Anthony.  He was put in a shitty position with all these guests and their ridiculous, mostly made up for drama food restrictions.  To make 3-4 different apps, entrees and desserts for 8 people is just setting up a chef for failure.

Jill just cannot shut her trap for 2 seconds.  She thinks she needs to be involved in every conversation, and that her opinion on everything is of the utmost importance. How can any stand to be around her?  

I felt bad for Anthony too. I was surprised they didn't have the deck crew help him out more with dishes and he's doing the best he can with all the restrictions these guests have. 

I wonder what the story was with that primary. If she had an issue regarding the dinner, she should have addressed it herself and not had Jill speak up for her. And when Jill was barking her orders for dinner, why didn't the primary speak up? I blame Jill and I blame the primary too.

On 4/9/2024 at 7:33 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

Chef Frenchy could have made the same dish for the vegan, gluten free, vegetarian.

Jill claims to be friends with all the guests but did not know one of them does not eat raw fish but wasn't that the same woman who was the primary but nodded along with Jill while she told the chef about wanting the sushi at the bar, saying nothing about wanting a non fish sushi option...that is on her.

Jill as a running commentary about everything on that boat and that was tiresome, the capt told the crew to not let Jill rattle them, capt should have pulled Jill aside and told her to chill because she is not the primary in some non confrontational way. On the other side of that coin why not have a deck crew in the galley for plating and washing pots and pans? How can anyone get annoyed with Chef and not offer any remedy for his situation?

On another facebook page I post on about this show, many posters were commenting why the deck hands were not helping with dishes as much as they did in past seasons. I was wondering oto. 

• Like 3

Finally watching this season. I didn't like Barbie at first but now, I am Team Barbie. She has been left behind on the boat to work her a$$ off on more then one occasion while her coworkers either had time off (Cat going surfing) or meditated after lunch service. I would be pissed, too.

• Like 1