Type keyword(s) to search

Except Chelsea (and Cole)

SodaPop
  • Start Topic

Chelsea's lying. She had a second wedding. Unless she's really that self-absorbed and spoiled, you wouldn't have an entire bridal party just so you could take non-pregnant pictures in a wedding gown. If she did, then I hope she footed the bill for their expenses.

• Love 5

Normally, people are asked to be in a wedding or be part of a union celebration. They can graciously say, "No thank you" if they don't want to have to spend any money. I did just that when I was asked to be in a wedding. No one twisted my arm. I turned it down because I didn't really know the bride and groom. They were my husband's friends who lived elsewhere. I didn't want to spend over $150 for a dress I would only wear once. Now, I have spent that kind of money on a dress for dear and close friends for their wedding. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 10
6 hours ago, Mkay said:

Click the arrow on the right  to see more pictures from the “not a wedding” reception. 

These are great pictures. It looks like it was a happy day. Captured the rustic vibe very well. 

• Love 11

I have catching up to do in this thread but I just read this from Tuesday:  

"I love you guys and appreciate the support and love u have for my fam," she tweeted over the weekend, "but pleease don't come to our home..it makes us really uncomfortable." 

"Unfortunately it's been happening enough lately where I just felt like I had to say something."

"When I was pregnant with Watson I had someone come to my door," she tweeted. "I answered thinking it was UPS or FedEx w a package."

"They proceeded to touch my pregnant belly and ask me personal questions about my life."

What the hell is wrong with people? I wonder if she's regretting being locked in for season 8B? Now I do wonder if she will sign on for any more after that.

source: https://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2017/10/chelsea-houska-to-teen-mom-2-fans-stop-stalking-me/

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Rebecca said:

What the hell is wrong with people? I wonder if she's regretting being locked in for season 8B? Now I do wonder if she will sign on for any more after that.

source: https://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2017/10/chelsea-houska-to-teen-mom-2-fans-stop-stalking-me/

That is creepy, poor Chelsea. I'd hope she'd step away from the show, but I think it depends on whether she feels comfortable letting go of that hefty extra income. I think that extra money security blanket is the only reason she kept coming back to the show.

• Love 8
12 hours ago, Rebecca said:

I have little doubt she will continuing exploiting her kids' lives for the money. 

• Love 1

If that doesn't stop you from being on the show, I don't know what will. 

I am a nobody and I am scared when I see strangers on or near my property for whatever reason. I have "no trespassing" signs and "no soliciting" signs. I have had some people try and tell me what the definition of those mean when I point out to them those signs.  I pull out my phone so quick when calling the police, they start walking at a fast pace.  One time a couple of young girls from some nearby college were going door-to-door selling something. When they were coming onto my property, I pointed to my no soliciting sign and one of them proceeded to tell me, a former paralegal, how they weren't soliciting. They chose the wrong person, that's all I gotta say. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 9
22 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

If that doesn't stop you from being on the show, I don't know what will. 

I am a nobody and I am scared when I see strangers on or near my property for whatever reason. I have "no trespassing" signs and "no soliciting" signs. I have had some people try and tell me what the definition of those mean when I point out to them those signs.  I pull out my phone so quick when calling the police, they start walking at a fast pace.  One time a couple of young girls from some nearby college were going door-to-door selling something. When they were coming onto my property, I pointed to my no soliciting sign and one of them proceeded to tell me, a former paralegal, how they weren't soliciting. They chose the wrong person, that's all I gotta say. 

Woooooow, humanity has sunk to a new low. What is wrong with people? I can't imagine doing anything but saying, "sorry, I missed the signs." Why the HELL would anyone try to argue about a sign on someone's own property? People are so dumb! I'm not surprised though, because my apartment complex says "no soliciting," yet we always have things stuck in our door from housing companies. 

• Love 5

I think Chelsea went on a starvation diet for her not-wedding wedding. That's a really nice picture of all three girls, but I think Chelsea is almost looking a little too thin these days. I think she looks prettier with her face filled out a bit more.

• Love 12
4 hours ago, Mkay said:

Is Leah wearing the dress she wore to the VMA’s?

I though Leah wore a blue or purple dress to the VMAs. I remember people pointing out it looked like a prom-type dress. 

4 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I wonder if Chelsea has considered gating her property. Random people showing up on your doorstep is really creepy. 

She might after what those people did. Unless, she lives in a community where you can't put up a fence unless you have a pool. I am still trying to wrap my head around that information someone posted about the homes in Dover, Delaware. 

5 hours ago, Christina87 said:

Woooooow, humanity has sunk to a new low. What is wrong with people? I can't imagine doing anything but saying, "sorry, I missed the signs." Why the HELL would anyone try to argue about a sign on someone's own property? People are so dumb! I'm not surprised though, because my apartment complex says "no soliciting," yet we always have things stuck in our door from housing companies. 

I have had some people mention they didn't notice the signs and were quick to apologize. I often wonder if that is the case most of the time, but for people to try and get into a pissing match with me is ridiculous. 

4 hours ago, Rebecca said:

@Christina87 @GreatKazu And who is going to buy shit from people who rudely argue about the signs and someone's right to not have them shilling shit on their property? Like, how did they expect that to work out for them?

Exactly. You argue with me and you think I want to buy what you are selling? I once had a guy approach me in a parking lot of a store and tried to sell me that knock-off perfume. I was in no mood as I had a relative who had just died the week before. I told him I wasn't interested, but he kept persisting. He was a huge asshole. I then said in a loud voice, "Leave me alone!" He then said to me, "A loan? No, I don't sell loans. I am selling perfume."  I had a few choice words for him after that as I lost it. Fucking asshole. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I think Chelsea went on a starvation diet for her not-wedding wedding. That's a really nice picture of all three girls, but I think Chelsea is almost looking a little too thin these days. I think she looks prettier with her face filled out a bit more.

I agree. Her face is way too thin in this picture. 

B5A9CADA-2B4E-4635-A1B0-1087A83EE635.jpeg

• Love 7
8 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I worry about Aubree. Some fans think she's chunky (others disagree), and now she's seeing her mom count carbs and possibly intentionally starve in order to lose weight. I learned about dieting from my mom when I was around Aubree's age, but not from her purposely teaching me. I witnessed her dieting. IMO, not a good thing to model for young people, but at the same time it's rather inescapable in this world.

• Love 9
9 hours ago, nikita said:

I worry about Aubree. Some fans think she's chunky (others disagree), and now she's seeing her mom count carbs and possibly intentionally starve in order to lose weight. I learned about dieting from my mom when I was around Aubree's age, but not from her purposely teaching me. I witnessed her dieting. IMO, not a good thing to model for young people, but at the same time it's rather inescapable in this world.

I think Aubree will be okay. Like @BitterApple I think that Chelsea went on a "gotta look good for my dress" diet and by Xmas will probably be filled out a little bit more. I don't think she is teaching Aubree to diet or anything like it. I know we watch these women over the years but I think it's rare for any adult (even an adult who's never had an issue with weight) to stay the same size consistently over the years. Many people will gain and lose depending on the seasons, if they are stressed out at work, financial issues (I lost 20lbs after I bought my home due to running around dealing with contractors and just not having extra money to eat out). I think that's just a natural part of life. 

• Love 9

I think it's all how in the moms approach it. My mom is very thin, and she constantly throughout my life has called herself fat, has made a huge deal about diets, and could talk about dress sizes all day. My sister decided to try one of her dieting plans one time, and it was allllllll we could talk about on this one vacation. I just wanted to scream, "SHUT UP!!!!!" I made a snarky comment or two after a particularly ridiculous amount of time devoted to the topic, and received, "oh, I can't believe you said that!!! We are doing this for our health!" Blah blah blah. 

I prefer to stay healthy without broadcasting it to everyone in an 100 foot radius. When I have kids, I hope to limit putting myself down in front of them, and just continue to eat well and exercise. My mom always made me feel really awkward, because I am definitely bigger than her. It felt like a veiled ad for the diet at best, a dig at worst. I'm not even overweight and I felt terrible. My mom is tiny!

• Love 10
17 hours ago, nikita said:

We shouldn't assume Chelsea starved herself or did anything dangerous to lose her weight. 

Chelsea has been shown, and has mentioned on more than one occasion, her desire to lose weight through weightlifting. There were a few scenes showing her weightlifting, and she was even criticized for doing weightlifting while pregnant. She may have been on a no carb diet as well, who knows.  I don't think it is wrong to teach children to eat healthy. You can teach children to eat a more healthy without mentioning to them they need to lose weight. One doesn't necessarily eat healthy to lose weight. We look at Jenelle's kids and Leah's kids who are being stuffed with all kinds of junk. That is not at all healthy and it has nothing to do with their weight.

This is a photo of Chelsea with Cole back in 2015 and she looked pretty thin including her face: 

chelsea houska.jpg

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 11

Okay, that tweet about the balloons and Randy's response to it? Perfection. I'm dying over here. You throw that shade, Dr. Houska!

As for Chelsea's thinness - is she nursing Watson? I lost the baby weight nursing all of my kids, but my last (my little girl) nursed for 18 months and I lost BEYOND my pre-pregnancy weight with her. I wasn't dieting in the slightest. Wasn't even working out. It just kept falling off. I was actually frustrated because I kept having to buy new pants. My husband said I was starting to look a little "too thin" (he didn't mean to shame me, only concerned. I have a history of eating disorders, so he wanted to make sure I was okay.) It really was JUST the breastfeeding. Once she finally weaned, I gained it back, slowly over time. 

Just wondering if that might be part of it with Chelsea. 

• Love 9

Okay, that tweet about the balloons and Randy's response to it? Perfection. I'm dying over here. You throw that shade, Dr. Houska!

As for Chelsea's thinness - is she nursing Watson? I lost the baby weight nursing all of my kids, but my last (my little girl) nursed for 18 months and I lost BEYOND my pre-pregnancy weight with her. I wasn't dieting in the slightest. Wasn't even working out. It just kept falling off. I was actually frustrated because I kept having to buy new pants. My husband said I was starting to look a little "too thin" (he didn't mean to shame me, only concerned. I have a history of eating disorders, so he wanted to make sure I was okay.) It really was JUST the breastfeeding. Once she finally weaned, I gained it back, slowly over time. 

Yeah, plus did Chelsea even breastfeed with Aubree? For some reason I don't recall ANY of the teen moms taking to nursing their first time out the gate, so she might not have been aware of how much one can lose just by that alone. 

• Love 1

Also, we are looking at a current photo of her in October whereas the timeline of the show is showing us scenes filmed around May through July. I am going by Jenelle's "Save-the-Date" tragedy scene which was filmed in July.  We see Chelsea in October wedding photos and comparing it to how she looks in scenes filmed back 3-5 months ago. The change will be noticeable and obvious not gradual and subtle if we were to see her on a daily basis. 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Damn, I kept 10 lbs with each kid (2). Luck you! Both weaned around 7 months (not my choice) and it's like I got an extra 5lbs tacked on to it.

Chelsea seemed to really focus on her diet and exercise and good for her! She looks fantastic in both her wedding photos and the reunion photos. It has to make Jenelle seethe with jealousy that she has a fantastic husband and father for her children and she has to lie to herself to get through her day. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, GreatKazu said:

Also, we are looking at a current photo of her in October whereas the timeline of the show is showing us scenes filmed around May through July. I am going by Jenelle's "Save-the-Date" tragedy scene which was filmed in July.  We see Chelsea in October wedding photos and comparing it to how she looks in scenes filmed back 3-5 months ago. The change will be noticeable and obvious not gradual and subtle if we were to see her on a daily basis. 

Yes that too. It has been over several months. Sometimes people gain and lose weight and it's not representative of a health problem or doing something unhealthy. Trust me, as a fat woman I totally understand how obsessed our culture can be with weight (especially for young women), but sometimes a weight gain or loss is just a part of life. 

Im always thinner in the spring because I wear so many clothes in the winter (more pants/tights etc) compared to summer with dresses and skirts. 

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Yes that too. It has been over several months. Sometimes people gain and lose weight and it's not representative of a health problem or doing something unhealthy. Trust me, as a fat woman I totally understand how obsessed our culture can be with weight (especially for young women), but sometimes a weight gain or loss is just a part of life. 

Im always thinner in the spring because I wear so many clothes in the winter (more pants/tights etc) compared to summer with dresses and skirts. 

Yes, the fluctuation of weight for some people can vary. Even Kail at one time had lost some weight. I don't recall any speculation about her doing anything unhealthy.  That was back before she got hooked on the plastic surgery way of doing things. I think it is safe to assume Chelsea hasn't gone under the knife to remove body fat. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I'm one of the unlucky assholes who doesn't lose weight while nursing. I should have known I was in for it since I saw it happen to my mom and my older sister. Hope springs eternal! 

• Love 6
18 hours ago, DudeLeaveMeAlone said:

Damn, I kept 10 lbs with each kid (2). Luck you! Both weaned around 7 months (not my choice) and it's like I got an extra 5lbs tacked on to it.

It's okay, my youngest is now 6 and I'm up about 17 lbs from the lowest I got to with nursing her. I'm still at a "normal" weight for my height, but the effects of nursing were really only temporary. 

On 10/22/2017 at 7:28 AM, DangerousMinds said:

When did Chelsea mention counting carbs? I do think she's getting a bit too thin but will likely gain it back. 

She didn't mention counting carbs but that she wouldn't eat something on offer because "carbs." I can't remember if it was the cake she made with Aubree or something else, but it happened this season.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, nikita said:

She didn't mention counting carbs but that she wouldn't eat something on offer because "carbs." I can't remember if it was the cake she made with Aubree or something else, but it happened this season.

Yeah, I think they had take out or something (maybe it was a cake), and Aubree wanted Chelsea to try a bite but she wouldn't and looked at Cole and said, "I can't have carbs!"

She does need to be careful with those diets that exclude whole food groups. She was nursing at that time, and if she was working out as well, she really needed some carbs.

She does look a little thin in those pics but, hopefully, it was just for the wedding reception, and she will loosen up a little now.

It can just be slippery slope for some, when they go on an extreme diet and lose a ton of weight. It can become a problem. I hope that's not the case for Chelsea. 

• Love 4

Honestly, I don't think it is an issue if someone loses weight--I am sure she won't stay super thin for a long time anyway.  In fact I praise her for making an effort and being successful.  Heck I wish someone would say I look too thin, lol!  Let's look at Catelynn who never tries, or Kail that prefers surgery over doing anything healthy about her weight at the moment.  

• Love 14
6 hours ago, AmandaUnbidden said:

Yeah, I think they had take out or something (maybe it was a cake), and Aubree wanted Chelsea to try a bite but she wouldn't and looked at Cole and said, "I can't have carbs!"

She does need to be careful with those diets that exclude whole food groups. She was nursing at that time, and if she was working out as well, she really needed some carbs.

She does look a little thin in those pics but, hopefully, it was just for the wedding reception, and she will loosen up a little now.

It can just be slippery slope for some, when they go on an extreme diet and lose a ton of weight. It can become a problem. I hope that's not the case for Chelsea. 

I had a friend like this. He was overweight and went on an extreme diet and exercise regime. After being complimented so much, he became anorexic. It's a slippery slope for some people! That was ten years ago, and to this day, I'm not sure he eats normally. The worst of the anorexia is past, but he is still underweight and has dull-looking skin. 

• Love 3

Pretty sure they're aiming to add to their family soon so I don't see an issue with her wedding weight loss.  Chelsea does a lot of strength training that requires energy, I can't see her becoming anorexic.  I think she just wanted to look good for her wedding.

• Love 12
On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 5:29 AM, alexa said:

Honestly, I don't think it is an issue if someone loses weight--I am sure she won't stay super thin for a long time anyway.  In fact I praise her for making an effort and being successful.  Heck I wish someone would say I look too thin, lol!  Let's look at Catelynn who never tries, or Kail that prefers surgery over doing anything healthy about her weight at the moment.  

Whatcha talkin' about? Catelynn counts points for Weight Watchers. She said on camera how she counted 7 points for that quesadilla dripping in sour cream and tons of cheese. lol 

Agree about Chelsea choosing to lose weight the old-fashion way - through hard work. Not like Kail who transfers fat to another area of her body and then lipos the rest. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, GreatKazu said:

Whatcha talkin' about? Catelynn counts points for Weight Watchers. She said on camera how she counted 7 points for that quesadilla dripping in sour cream and tons of cheese. lol 

Agree about Chelsea choosing to lose weight the old-fashion way - through hard work. Not like Kail who transfers fat to another area of her body and then lipos the rest. 

LMFAO!!! I forgot about that!!! She was so proud of it too lol

• Love 2
On 10/26/2017 at 10:45 PM, nikita said:

I can understand Chelsea wanting to lose some weight, but I do hate that she mentioned carb counting,etc in front of Aubree.

• Love 5

But she might be counting carbs for her particular diet at the moment. I am sure Aubrey can figure out that her mom is trying to lose baby weight and doesn’t probably think much about her counting carbs knowing she is just trying to cut back. 

• Love 4
14 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

I can understand Chelsea wanting to lose some weight, but I do hate that she mentioned carb counting,etc in front of Aubree.

Yeah, I started obsessing over my weight at 7/8 because I heard female relatives discussing calories and wanting to be thin so much. Kids absorb so much more than it seems they do. It'll be hard never to mention any of that around my daughter but I'm definitely going to try. I'm especially going to try never to insult my own body around her. That left such an impression on me. 

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Lm2162 said:

Yeah, I started obsessing over my weight at 7/8 because I heard female relatives discussing calories and wanting to be thin so much. Kids absorb so much more than it seems they do. It'll be hard never to mention any of that around my daughter but I'm definitely going to try. I'm especially going to try never to insult my own body around her. That left such an impression on me. 

I’m sorry you felt that way @Lm2162.

As a fat child (I’ve been either overweight or obese since the age of 2), I do very much appreciate my fathers instance that he wasn’t going to have me hating myself. He acknowledged that teasing/mean comments would happen but that wasn’t a reflection on myself worth.

I tend to think kids are far more resilient than we give them credit for- to me being fat is similar to having brown skin, it’s just a physical character trait. After a lifetime of listening to people talk about my weight (oddly though it happened MORE when I was a small child, probably because there are more heavy people now, and people probably figure since I’m an adult it’s not their business- you’d be surprised at the things people say to kids TO THEIR FACE) I wouldn’t think any mention of counting carbs, calories would have an effect on Aubrey. A calorie is a unit of energy. I think Chelsea is a pretty good role model for her regarding exercise etc, but we all look at these scenes with our personal history in mind. 

• Love 9

I think Chelsea is a pretty good role model for her regarding exercise etc, but we all look at these scenes with our personal history in mind

Right.   This is not a straight forward black and white issue. There is a lot of gray area in between. 

• Love 5
10 hours ago, Lm2162 said:

I never realized it started so young. I began starving myself around 16-17. But then my sons made friends with a neighbor girl who was 8 and she was so weird about food already. Wouldn't eat certain things because she was worried about being "fat", but always seemed starving when she came to our house. It made me so sad. She's just a child! She shouldn't even notice what she looks like. I've struggled with food and body image my entire adult life. I try really hard not to talk about that crap in front of ANY of my kids, but it's so easy to say something without thinking. I can't hate on Chelsea for it, but I do not think Aubree is too young to notice and I hope they figure that out sooner rather than later. 

• Love 7
10 hours ago, Lm2162 said:

Same. I remember being really aware of my weight by age 9. Sad.

• Love 4
49 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Same. I remember being really aware of my weight by age 9. Sad.

Yep, it starts younger and younger now. Even 5 year old girls in studies are frequently quoted as believing themselves to be fat and wanting to go on diets, and exposure to magazines and TV brings down girls' self-reported levels of self-esteem well before the preteen years. 

Of course that's not a Chelsea-specific issue. It's a cultural one. It's very sad. I do wonder how the kids will be affected not just by their parenting but by being exposed to the MTV world so early and often. I wouldn't want my kids absorbing that. 

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 3

The thing is, some children can endure trauma and also suffer from issues that affect their weight. I was diagnosed with anorexia as a teen, but my issue wasn't due to any weight issues I perceived because I was already a thin person. It was due to trauma. 

A lot of the times young children get perceptions of how being obese is something they don't want to be because they hear and see fellow classmates who make fun of or bully of kids who are not thin. This happened to my youngest. He saw how kids tormented other kids about their weight and therefore, he decided he couldn't allow himself to gain weight. Due to his OCD, he was obsessed with not wanting to eat. Thankfully, after several months he finally stopped obsessing. Not all kids suffer from OCD, but that doesn't mean they won't harm themselves due to the actions of their peers. 

Plenty of children get their perceptions from the world around them no matter how much parents they try to shield them. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 6