Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler, Speculation and Social Media

• Start Topic

Robyn has been divorced.  Did she continue continue relationships with her ex-husbands family?  No she did not.  In addition she severed the legal ties her children had with them by having Kody adopt them. 
So why is she thinking that Christine should develop a separate relationship with her? Christine is not legally a mother or a step-mother to any of the five of Robyn's children.   If she feels close to the 5 children, and they with her, then yes, she could try to see them- but she has no legal right to.   Given Kody’s absolute hatred of Christine right now, he isn’t going to allow Christine to see them anyway. 
Meri says she felt Christine has disdain for her.  And just exactly how did Meri treat Christine?   Her children weren’t allowed to use Meri’s apartment as a gateway to Janelle’s in  Utah.  They had to go outside - otherwise known as the servant’s entrance. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 16
11 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

Robyn has been divorced.  Did she continue continue relationships with her ex-husbands family?  No she did not.  In addition she severed the legal ties her children had with them by having Kody adopt them. 
So why is she thinking that Christine should develop a separate relationship with her? Christine is not legally a mother or a step-mother to any of the five of Robyn's children.   If she feels close to the 5 children, and they with her, then yes, she could try to see them- but she has no legal right to.   Given Kody’s absolute hatred of Christine right now, he isn’t going to allow Christine to see them anyway. 
Meri says she felt Christine has disdain for her.  And just exactly how did Meri treat Christine?   Her children weren’t allowed to use Meri’s apartment as a gateway to Janelle’s in  Utah.  They had to go outside - otherwise known as the servant’s entrance. 

Exactly plus when Christine went to Meri in Vegas to ask for help with her relationship with Kody…. Meri just sat on her bed like Jabba the Hut and looked down her nose at Christine and basically said it was all Christine’s fault and that she need to be nicer and sweeter to Kody 🙄

All the while Meri had her marriage certificate proudly nailed to the wall by her bed for Christine to see and feel even worse.

Then fast forward a few years, Kody has kicked Meri’s old ass to the curb because of the catfish and Meri finally admitted that she wasn’t very nice or helpful to Christine when she came to her for help but she wants Christine to help her now that her relationship to Kody is in the toilet.     

• Like 2
  • Applause 10
  • Love 3

I get why people think this is gaslighting. But I really think we all should zoom out.

Christine did have disdain for Meri.  Meri's behavior warranted her disdain. Those two have not been friends for a very long time -  and they were locked in daily combat. A 25 year power struggle for Kody's attention isn't the greatest when you are trying to be "friends." I have no idea why people expect Meri to start loving and supporting Christine all of sudden now. They have not loved and supported each other for decades. 

And Christine was jealous of Robyn/Kody's relationship which she fully admits.

So these statements by Meri are true. Even if those feelings of disdain and non-acceptance were completely understandable on the part of Christine. The power struggle was real.

That doesn't make Christine a bad person at all. It makes polygamy an awful institution. Look at what it has done to these women. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 6
  • Useful 4
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

I have no idea why people expect Meri to start loving and supporting Christine all of sudden now. They have not loved and supported each other for decades. 

Oh, I never expected Meri to start loving and supporting Christine. They were rivals for the same deeply flawed man-child. Same with Robyn.  Things changed when Robyn came, and when the TV show started (which was basically the same time). But they were never good. And as Robyn grabbed more and more of Kody's time, the others were squabbling for smaller and smaller shares of it, making their rivalry even more charged. I'm just surprised that Robyn thinks they're all some really great family when any observer would know they're not.

3 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I don't think there are any other revenue streams of which we are aware. Maybe he will become a traveling wedding minister?

Oh that would be fun! But only if he gets to dance after the ceremony. Maybe he can set up a website to advertise his availability. Well, not Kody HIMSELF setting it up. I doubt he'd have a clue how to do it.

• Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 3
20 hours ago, BAForever said:

I get the kids mixed up. It might have been Garrison I saw.

Yeah someone asked Paedon on TT ages ago if he is still Mormon and he said no.

As to Gwen's disdain for him, it's probably based on a number of things. The "slap," his politics, his hateful rhetoric... When you have that many siblings there's bound to be a jackass or two in the group.

• Like 6
  • Love 2

If Sobbyn doesn't realize that Christine's jealousy reared its head BIG time when she came along, and Kootie did nothing to assuage it and temper his obvious behavior and favoritism, then Sobbyn is dumb as a fence post.  Of course, she knows it!  She's milked it "since day one."  

Kootie is now playing, "you picked a fine time to leave me, Lucille"  (with thanks to Kenny Rogers, RIP.)  Fuck him and his only wife. It's a control issue, nothing more.  Their little plyg empire is imploding, and it's beyond time for that to happen.

If Janelle truly has quiet quit that fiasco, good, good, good.  That leaves those two to dill with the barnacle that is Meri.  Enjoy that, which your toxic behavior created, more than anyone else, Sobbyn and Kootie!  

Edited by xwordfanatik
clarity
  • Like 1
  • Applause 6
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Tuxcat said:

I get why people think this is gaslighting. But I really think we all should zoom out.

Christine did have disdain for Meri.  Meri's behavior warranted her disdain. Those two have not been friends for a very long time -  and they were locked in daily combat. A 25 year power struggle for Kody's attention isn't the greatest when you are trying to be "friends." I have no idea why people expect Meri to start loving and supporting Christine all of sudden now. They have not loved and supported each other for decades. 

So these statements by Meri are true. Even if those feelings of disdain and non-acceptance were completely understandable on the part of Christine. The power struggle was real.

That doesn't make Christine a bad person at all. It makes polygamy an awful institution. Look at what it has done to these women. 

I agree with everything in this post. It's interesting though that Janelle and Christine found a way to truly like one another in spite of this toxic polygamy situation and a husband that was horrendous at managing it.

I'm happy that Christine, Janelle, and their kids found a way to make it work and honestly love one another.

It's a silver lining to this horrible story.

Edited by Libby
  • Like 4
  • Love 6
Just now, Libby said:

I agree with everything in this post. It's interesting though that Janelle and Christine found a way to truly like one another in spite of this toxic polygamy situation and a husband that was horrendous at managing it.

I'm happy that Christine, Janelle, and their kids found a way to make it work and honestly love one another.

It's a silver lining to this horrible way of life.

True, although as another poster pointed out somewhere... it took 25 years and a pandemic for Janelle and Christine to become close. And the cynical part of me still sees that Christine leaving the family is beneficial to Janelle. It serves her well. She got 12 bonded children out of the deal and a PR boost.  Meanwhile it ruins 'the other side.' So yes - C and J win. But at what cost? I guess the kids emotional health will be the measure of that. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
2 minutes ago, Libby said:

It's interesting though that Janelle and Christine found a way to truly like one another in spite of this toxic polygamy situation and a husband that was horrendous at managing it.

I think that's because Janelle and Christine had different expectations of their relationships with Kody. Janelle was content to see him as a platonic partner (except, hello, six children) and Christine thought it would be romantic. So Janelle wasn't actually a rival in the way that Meri and Robyn were. But yeah, the husband was horrendous at just about everything.

• Like 3
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Tuxcat said:

Agreed. I like the old saying "there's your side, my side, and then there is the truth." Some of what is being said about the individual relationships is true--but the reason things are that way is in the eye of the beholder. I tend to feel Meri earned a lot of the mistrust and disdain she experiences from Christine going back to how Meri conducted herself as the #1 wife prior to Robyn's arrival.  Robyn came into the family and immediately demanded equal time with Kody even before they were married. Then Robyn became defensive and doubled down when the other wives were upset about the sham wedding dress search. From the beginning she shoehorned her way in--and happily had them pay off all her debts too--and created the negative feelings. I personally would have been done with Robyn the minute I saw that reimagined family portrait where everyone with Kody in the original picture was taken out so that Robyn's family could be inserted.  

• Like 4
  • Love 6

Christine and Janelle are now friends because Christine is now willing to be Janelle's friend. Janelle had said pre-pandemic how lonely she was since moving to AZ. Christine didn't reach out then because she was still trying to make it work with Kody, so Janelle was still competition. As soon as Christine knew she was leaving Kody, she reeled Janelle in. Christine is using Janelle for comfort, friendship and to 'get the family' so Kody can't have them.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 4
15 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

So yes - C and J win. But at what cost? I guess the kids emotional health will be the measure of that. 

Janelle and Christine's kids will definitely be better off emotionally if their mothers stay friends and they have a huge family where they are not treated as second class citizens. I'm sure that polygamy and the way that Kody handled it, hurt the kids but Janelle and Christine have to salvage what they can. They made mistakes. Oh well. Now they just have to move forward.

Personally, I feel a win is a win. After watching this show from the beginning, I feel a sense of satisfaction to see the underdog wives win.

• Like 1
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Christine and Janelle are now friends because Christine is now willing to be Janelle's friend. Janelle had said pre-pandemic how lonely she was since moving to AZ. Christine didn't reach out then because she was still trying to make it work with Kody, so Janelle was still competition. As soon as Christine knew she was leaving Kody, she reeled Janelle in. Christine is using Janelle for comfort, friendship and to 'get the family' so Kody can't have them.

I hadn’t considered this.  It’s possible.  Hmmm….

• Like 1
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Kody can still have “his” family if he makes the effort— along with Robyn, that is. He didn’t seem to want to make much effort even before Christine left, either with her or Janelle and the non-Robyn kids.
Most of the kids are over 18 now and can decide for themselves, Kody has a driver’s license as do the adult kids. The roads go both ways, as do phone connections.

Christine hasn’t broken up the family. It was already broken.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 12
9 hours ago, altopower said:

And of course Meri says she feels distain from Christine.

Meri, you should feel disdain from me, too.

Anyone else want in?

6 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Christine is not gonna wanna to become BFFs with the wife Kody 'cheated' with.

Especially now! Robyn and Christine were married to the same man for how long? Ten years? And now that Christine is leaving, in part because of how Kody's relationship with Robyn has driven her away, Robyn wants to be besties?

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 10
4 hours ago, Adiba said:

Kody can still have “his” family if he makes the effort— along with Robyn, that is. He didn’t seem to want to make much effort even before Christine left, either with her or Janelle and the non-Robyn kids.
Most of the kids are over 18 now and can decide for themselves, Kody has a driver’s license as do the adult kids. The roads go both ways, as do phone connections.

Christine hasn’t broken up the family. It was already broken.

I agree with all of this. I didn't mean to imply Christine was responsible for breaking up the family. I was saying Christine was making sure when she left, she didn't leave alone.

Like you said, the family was already broken and most of the kids are grown, so if Christine walked away without pulling Janelle in, the picture we'd be looking at now would look very different. Everyone is busy doing their owns things, so it would have just been, oh Christine left and lives in UT now.

Christine would never have lost Janelle's kids because they love her dearly, but by having Janelle as her wingman in all this she essentially had the kids pick sides. Even this Plexus retreat - it wouldn't be Christine, Janelle and Maddie and the two others, it would be Janelle and Maddie and the two others.

Don't get me wrong, I think its great Christine left Kody and I like Christine, but she is still fully playing the polyg game because that's all she knows. Just like she planned her entrance into a polyg family, she very much planned her exit. And once again its (clueless) Janelle who is her cushion to soften the blows.

• Like 6
  • Useful 3
  • Love 4

If Meri was smart and could get out of her own way, she would align with Janelle and Christine and they could have a show about the "family Meri started" (and Christine ended) - Sister Wives After Kody.

They could disentangle (Jinger Vuolo, 🤣) themselves from the dysfunction that was their family.

I think the most empowering thing Meri could do is humble herself enough to acknowledge how Kody and polygamy negatively impacted her life. 

• Like 3
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

If Meri was smart and could get out of her own way, she would align with Janelle and Christine and they could have a show about the "family Meri started" (and Christine ended) - Sister Wives After Kody.

They could disentangle (Jinger Vuolo, 🤣) themselves from the dysfunction that was their family.

I think the most empowering thing Meri could do is humble herself enough to acknowledge how Kody and polygamy negatively impacted her life. 

This. But that woulD mean dropping her “I’m so happy” charade, becoming vulnerable and admitting deep pain and loss. The further she runs away from it, the more it will hurt when she truly confronts it.

At least she finally admitted why she stays (what some of us thought all along) — for HIM. And he doesn’t want her. That’s gonna require therapy. 

• Like 1
  • Love 7

Christine tells Robyn flat out that Janelle is the only adult she wants to deal with once she leaves. 

This is interesting, because it contradicts what Christine has said in recent interviews where she claims that Robyn and Meri haven't reached out to her. She never mentions that she told them to leave her alone.

She may hate Robyn, but she needs to coexist for Truely's sake, since Kody is living with Robyn. 5 adults, and Truely is the most mature of the bunch. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 4
  • Love 3
38 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

This is interesting, because it contradicts what Christine has said in recent interviews where she claims that Robyn and Meri haven't reached out to her.

Chronologically, this was said before she said she needed space.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
32 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I think I woulda done the same, especially given the anger from the 2 dark queens. Both Robyn and Meri are familiar with what Christine was feeling and neither of them offered any true understanding or support. Any offer of support from either of them would be fake, so it’s best to keep that at bay.

They really should see it as less competition. Christine withdrew from that miserable race. 

• Like 4
  • Love 6

This was filmed last year, and the interviews I'm referring to aren't more than a few weeks or months old. Christine has said the only person she still speaks to is Janelle, and she says that Robyn and Meri never reached out to her. She never mentions that she told them not to reach out.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

The most informative sentence she said this season. "I will never say polygamy is the problem." She, of all of them, will hang on to this concept. Remember when the grandmothers all sat around in that house and they weeped as they talked about how painful polygamy was? They weeped from the pain. The goal is to stay and suffer and then to "overcome" their "weaknesses" of jealousy, envy and anger... Those women are representative of how ingrained the BS of polygamy can be. Meri's mother is the stoic poster child. Christine's mother left (correctly I might add). And I think Meri is digging in as she believes her current punishment is because of that one time she dared to think about leaving.

1 hour ago, Kellyee said:

This was filmed last year, and the interviews I'm referring to aren't more than a few weeks or months old. Christine has said the only person she still speaks to is Janelle, and she says that Robyn and Meri never reached out to her. She never mentions that she told them not to reach out.

Yes, these woman have been battling each other for scraps of attention for years. They are still playing the polygamy game as @GeeGolly said. They are still going to battle to control the narrative and to wrestle for power and allies. Spin, shade, subtle digs. It's all part of the game on both sides.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
57 minutes ago, gingerella said:

I disagree with this entirely

I understand your perspective. To me, it seems that many people are buying what "sister wives" has been selling for more than a decade. Their mission was to convince the public that they are a happy, normal, functioning family - just like everyone else. 

As such, when the breakdown occurs, people are looking to say this person is responsible or that person is responsible - just like people do when monogamous marriages break up. Christine was the loving, giving nurturer. Meri is the evil bitch. Janelle was just the independent confidante. Robyn was the manipulative liar. Kody is an ass.

However, I don't buy these curated narratives. It's a reality tv show.  It's social media. The complexity of this family structure cannot be reduced to these simple images. The women were placed into an unhealthy, deliberate, problematic family structure which forces them to constantly compete. That is the very nature of polygamy. It is about power whether they are conscious of it or not.  It always is. And none of the four wives were immune from that wrestling dynamic. 

From the perspective of people who believe in polygamy, Christine's leaving is betrayal regardless of how she's been treated - or how she's treated others - for that matter. Feelings of jealousy, disdain, anger, resentment are all feelings they should "work to overcome." That is what they actually believe. That these feelings are in fact the women's problems. There is never a promise of equal or romantic love in polygamy. That's not the goal.

From the perspective of Christine, she's leaving because Kody failed. Robyn manipulated. And Meri's "negative baggage"

And so absolutely there is still wrestling and jockeying occurring. That doesn't just end of 25 years. There are "sides." 

If there were not "sides," they'd admit the real truth.

The real truth is that polygamy and patriarchal control  is in fact problematic. And it is detrimental. And it has reduced the family to pure dysfunction. And it is a cult. And that the premise for their entire show was in fact wrong.

• Like 6
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

The real truth is that polygamy and patriarchal control  is in fact problematic. And it is detrimental. And it has reduced the family to pure dysfunction. And it is a cult. And that the premise for their entire show was in fact wrong.

True, but this was also apparent from S01E01.

• Like 3
  • Love 3

To be clear, I don't think Janelle plays into the wife competition like Meri, Christine and Robyn do. She wants (wanted?) her Kody time, but she's not trying to out-wife the others and if she misses a day or two, eh, no big deal. But Kody does (did?) give her nonsexual, cozy, loving, butterflies in her tummy. And she did throw out subtle digs about the other wives.

And while Christine helped to raise Janelle's kids, they did live with their bio mom. Christine was a sister mom babysitter. Meri also helped because she worked part time. And I'm not sure Janelle had a steady job in Lehi, so I think she was around during the day between jobs. I believe her last job there was for 2 years, from 2009 until they moved in 2011. And when they moved to Vegas, when the kids were between 15ish - newborn, no one really had a 9 - 5 job. So IMO, saying Christine raised Janelle's kids is a bit of an overreach. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

Did Christine stop selling LulaRoe to sell Plexus? Maybe that's another reason Meri is butthurt with her. I thought she was in Meri's downline. 

This is gonna be an unpopular opinion but here goes: watching the above video I got the impression that Robyn was hoping now that Christine is done with Kody maybe Christine would be interested in being friend's with Robyn and her kids and that R actually maybe really wanted that. Like she was hinting at it and actually felt bad when C shot her down. Just me? 

I know it sounds weird but I firmly believe Robyn is tired of Kody being there all the time, whatever the reason may be that she is, sometimes I believe her that she wanted a lifestyle where the annoying jackass left her alone sometimes and also the friendship of sister wives. I know there's a million clips that show otherwise but Robyn is also a dummy and maybe doesn't express herself well. I understand why Christine wants space but I hope they can figure it out just for the kids. I know it might take a bit, but people can be friends with their exes current spouse. 

Has Robyn suckered me in like I'm Kody over here? 😬 

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1

At least she finally admitted why she stays (what some of us thought all along) — for HIM. And he doesn’t want her. 

Did she though? I remember her saying, during her conversation with Robyn, that "people were always asking her why (she) stays." And her answer was that she has thought about it and prayed about it and is at peace with staying. But I didn't hear an answer to the "why." In fact, it might be difficult to make peace with staying if you didn't understand why, I would think.

Me, personally, I believe Meri is still in love with Kody. Kody has made clear that he does not reciprocate this love and will not ever. He has made clear that he is completely fine with her leaving and has said so in a tone that makes it pretty clear that he would not only be fine with it, but would welcome it. But still, she loves him. She can't let go. It's a toxic relationship where she gets the wastewater of his attention but still it's something. I guess she has decided it's enough for her.

I'm wired more like Christine. I can hang along for a good big longer than I should if I get some love - or something looking like love, but once I have to watch the person I love be in love with someone else and give to her what I want for myself - it's too painful. I can't watch. This is why I can't remain friends with exes (except the one who turned out to be gay. That one is still a good friend). 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

Somewhere in my old brain, I am beginning to think that Meri really doesn't really want to back go back to her HBIC days.  I think she is basically hanging on for the exposure to all the sycophants that buy into her "sad ignored existence" (and buy her LULANO crap and go to the b&b/"retreat" ). They are the ones really supporting her. She can't give up their hope she will finally get him back for herself (um No chance in the Sobyn Hell). But I think she is just smart enough to play it that way.  All the filtering, making her look so "desirable" I think is not for the Koduche but her fans...how could he not want this Barbie Doll??? (OK just threw up in my mouth a bit..) I can't believe any self respecting "boss babe" thinking this douchebag after all he has said about her would welcome her back into his arms.  (I would rather eat a live rattle snake (wish we had a Rattlesnake emojo to do that!...) This woman has no respect of her real worth and that is the saddest thing about her existence I can think of. If she would just realize it, she has so much more value as a human than she probably could ever realize.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Did she though? I remember her saying, during her conversation with Robyn, that "people were always asking her why (she) stays." And her answer was that she has thought about it and prayed about it and is at peace with staying. But I didn't hear an answer to the "why." In fact, it might be difficult to make peace with staying if you didn't understand why, I would think.

Me, personally, I believe Meri is still in love with Kody. Kody has made clear that he does not reciprocate this love and will not ever. He has made clear that he is completely fine with her leaving and has said so in a tone that makes it pretty clear that he would not only be fine with it, but would welcome it. But still, she loves him. She can't let go. It's a toxic relationship where she gets the wastewater of his attention but still it's something. I guess she has decided it's enough for her.

I'm wired more like Christine. I can hang along for a good big longer than I should if I get some love - or something looking like love, but once I have to watch the person I love be in love with someone else and give to her what I want for myself - it's too painful. I can't watch. This is why I can't remain friends with exes (except the one who turned out to be gay. That one is still a good friend). 

Meri did say — she said (paraphrasing): “My strength is that I stay and hope Kody will want to work on the relationship”. It was in the talking heads. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

Kody says on Christine's leaving, "...rejection for me, and rejection for my other wives".

Lets see, Christine hasn't rejected Janelle and Kody doesn't consider himself married to Meri. So its not a rejection to his other wiveS, its a rejection of HBIC, Robyn.

• Like 6
  • Applause 9
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
21 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Kody says on Christine's leaving, "...rejection for me, and rejection for my other wives".

Lets see, Christine hasn't rejected Janelle and Kody doesn't consider himself married to Meri. So its not a rejection to his other wiveS, its a rejection of HBIC, Robyn.

Really, why doesn't he just say it at this point?

Family means Robyn and her kids and wives means Robyn.

Everyone knows it, so he should stop with the code words. It's an unnecessary lie.

• Like 3
  • Applause 5
  • Love 8

ON 11/10/2022 AT 3:53 PM, TUXCAT SAID:

And Christine was jealous of Robyn/Kody's relationship which she fully admits.

So these statements by Meri are true. Even if those feelings of disdain and non-acceptance were completely understandable on the part of Christine. The power struggle was real.

The bolded parts - yes they are true, but the way Robyn, Kody, and Meri are behaving, it's like this huge betrayal when it isn't for the exact reasons you lay out above. So they know this, and they still act bewildered and betrayed because now, after decades of misery with Meri, and at least a decade of being told to 'make nice' with the clear favorite wife, she's decided to leave this shitshow? That is the definition of gas lighting, no need to zoom out to see that. We've all seen it play out before our own eyes. 

ON 11/10/2022 AT 5:39 PM, XWORDFANATIK SAID:

If Sobbyn doesn't realize that Christine's jealousy reared its head BIG time when she came along, and Kootie did nothing to assuage it and temper his obvious behavior and favoritism, then Sobbyn is dumb as a fence post.  Of course, she knows it!  She's milked it "since day one."  

Of course she knows she's the cause, that's the whole reason she got nutso and spewed all that bullshit about how great the other wives relationships were with Douche in LV. It's precisely because Christine has been very clear that things went south for her in LV, and that is exactly when Robyn started clawing her way to the top HBIC position. Robyn's not stupid, but she is a very, very bad actress and I don't think anyone is buying her remorse or fake ass no tear crying. 

ON 11/10/2022 AT 6:13 PM, GEEGOLLY SAID:

Christine and Janelle are now friends because Christine is now willing to be Janelle's friend. Janelle had said pre-pandemic how lonely she was since moving to AZ. Christine didn't reach out then because she was still trying to make it work with Kody, so Janelle was still competition. As soon as Christine knew she was leaving Kody, she reeled Janelle in. Christine is using Janelle for comfort, friendship and to 'get the family' so Kody can't have them.

and

ON 11/10/2022 AT 5:48 PM, TUXCAT SAID:

True, although as another poster pointed out somewhere... it took 25 years and a pandemic for Janelle and Christine to become close. And the cynical part of me still sees that Christine leaving the family is beneficial to Janelle. It serves her well. She got 12 bonded children out of the deal and a PR boost.  Meanwhile it ruins 'the other side.' So yes - C and J win. But at what cost? I guess the kids emotional health will be the measure of that. 

Christine raised Janelle's children with her own, and she also has/had a lovely relationship with Leon. Christine was the only wife to jump up and embrace Leon when they came out to their parents. Christine was genuinely showing her unwavering support to Leon. Now that Leon identifies as trans or queer (I'm not sure which or perhaps both?), I doubt Christine would be any less accepting of them now. So I don't see it as Christine is taking all the other non-Sobyn kids with her. She's earned the love and devotion of those children because she was an active mother to them all. She has showed them love, affection, unwavering acceptance. What has Robyn shown them? Nothing if you ask me. SHE has shown that HER kids matter most to her. She doesn't love the other children equally no matter how many dry tears she squeezes out of her imaginary crying tear ducts. If the other kids choose to see Christine is being treated unfairly by K & R, and they side with her, too bad so sad.

I also don't see Janelle being that cynical as to think 'yeah, one less bitch to compete with' because she says things about Douche that make it clear where he stands in her pecking order: Kids, Dogs, and now probably Christine is more important to her than Douche is. So he's at least 4th on the totem pole of importance in her life. I think her relationship with Christine is real, and as honest as it can be because they share a very weird experience together. It's like going to war, nobody understands what you went through like your buddies that were out there with you. Same goes for this situation, Christine and Janelle understand what this is like - to be the non important wives in a plyg marriage, and to put up with the bullshit of jealous wives and wives jockeying for control positions, etc. I think they are more like sisters now, sans the wife part, and that's probably the nicest more real thing to come out of this hot mess, aside from their respective broods. That their relationship/friendship may have bonded more deeply throughout the pandemic is not a surprise since they both were unwilling to abide by Robyn's rules, they probably socialized with each other, and I'm sure there were plenty of non taped convos between them about their husband's treatment of them and their kids vs. Robyn's. I think it's also likely that Meri didn't even enter into those convos because she is literally a non entity in either of their lives at this point.

8 HOURS AGO, TUXCAT SAID:

They are still playing the polygamy game as @GEEGOLLY said. They are still going to battle to control the narrative and to wrestle for power and allies. Spin, shade, subtle digs. It's all part of the game on both sides.

I disagree with this entirely. I don't see any power control from Christine or Janelle right now, I just see them trying to find their way in the real world. I see two women who have decided to break free from the confines of the construct they were living in, and just live their lives and do their own things. They are mainly showing themselves spending time with their children, and trying to make an independent living beyond their sham marriages, by shilling MLM crap. I hate MLM crap but at least they are trying to make a living on their own, separate from K&R. I have not seen any spin, shade or subtle/non subtle digs from Christine or Janelle, so please enlighten me if I've missed something.

As for Meri, I see plenty of spin on her sad SM posts about how empowered she is, when she's still allowing herself to be spat upon by the fuckwad that is Kody Brown, who is a skid mark on humanity. But I don't see shade or digs from her either.

Edited by gingerella
To use proper pronouns in the past tense.
  • Like 2
  • Applause 4
  • Love 10
On 11/10/2022 at 2:56 PM, mythoughtis said:

I tend to try to "figure out" Robyn by looking through a lens of piousness. If Christine doesn't stay close by and play some kind of active role (even Robyn's version of birthdays and holidays only) in Robyn and her children's life...then that means that she could have made the wrong choice about the Brown family. Seeing her talk on this subject in clips it looks like she is having a very hard time accepting the change.  Because if Christine doesn't stay then maybe they weren't all destined by God to be together.  God isn't wrong...and if God led her to this family with angels singing and the light of heaven upon them...then either she didn't get the message from God....or...God is wrong. 

21 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

And while Christine helped to raise Janelle's kids, they did live with their bio mom. Christine was a sister mom babysitter. Meri also helped because she worked part time. And I'm not sure Janelle had a steady job in Lehi, so I think she was around during the day between jobs. I believe her last job there was for 2 years, from 2009 until they moved in 2011. And when they moved to Vegas, when the kids were between 15ish - newborn, no one really had a 9 - 5 job. So IMO, saying Christine raised Janelle's kids is a bit of an overreach. 

Janelle did work full time in Lehi. An office job I believe for a state government agency. Basically paper pushing.

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Roslyn said:

Janelle did work full time in Lehi. An office job I believe for a state government agency. Basically paper pushing.

Yes, I mentioned that job, it was from 2009 - 2011. They lived in Lehi 2003 - 2011. While I'm guessing she had another job or two from 2003 - 2009, I'm not sure she worked steadily during those years.

• Useful 4
52 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Yes, I mentioned that job, it was from 2009 - 2011. They lived in Lehi 2003 - 2011. While I'm guessing she had another job or two from 2003 - 2009, I'm not sure she worked steadily during those years.

At some point they lived in Wyoming and Meri worked for 3 years at a trophy shop. Not sure where Janelle worked then. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
1 minute ago, Cetacean said:

Janelle must have worked somewhere long enough to put some money in a 401K. Isn't that how she bought the Lehi house?

I thought it was an inheritance. 
With these people it’s hard for me to keep things straight sometimes.

• Love 2

There’s quite a few financial institutions that were involved with the Lehi house while they owned it. Banks, a credit union, a lending company, a mortgage company…… if someone is good at deciphering such things, I can send a link to them.

• Useful 2
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Wow. That's not very long. So she didn't work there very long before filming began.

The 401k that @Cetacean mentioned was something they mentioned on the show that Janelle cashed it in and they used it for seed money when they moved to Vegas.  I can't believe it was very much with just 2 years on the job. Janelle was always lamenting about their "finite resources"...meaning her money + I am assuming the first bits of their teevee money.

And yes, her inheritance bought (most likely the downpayment) the Lehi house. That is how Kody got her to move to Utah after she refused to move with them, the promise of her own independence while still living with the family.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2