Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler, Speculation and Social Media

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Janelle said she wouldn’t do that to him. We saw how that ended.

She caved and has as much blame as Kody, IMO. Knowing Kody is an idiot who won’t put his kids first (unless they’re born to Robin), Janelle needed to be an advocate for Gabe. 

• Love 22
14 hours ago, Awfarmington said:

Christine loves Janelle’s kids like Kody loves Robin’s kids. It’s so messed up. 

Christine really was a second mom to Janelle's kids. She practically raised them as Janelle was a fulltime working mom and they're half-siblings to her kids.

Kody entered the life of Robyn's kids at a later stage, was a part-time stepdad for the next couple of years and has only been a fulltime stepdad to them over the past two years when they were older teens. I'd say that's a huge difference. 

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Clip:

Say it, Gabriel!
If Kody doesn’t like that his “boys” are young men who are calling him out on his crap, tough. Nine months exclusively at Robins, when testing was widely available and he could’ve taken turns quarantining at other wives homes. But he didn’t want to, plain and simple.

• Love 21

Are we ever going to see Kody have a private conversation with his kids? He said earlier this season that he always goes through his wives. I think that's a big part of the problem. He needs to start acting like a father. His rules are not unreasonable, but his communication skills suck.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Adiba said:

Say it, Gabriel!
If Kody doesn’t like that his “boys” are young men who are calling him out on his crap, tough. Nine months exclusively at Robins, when testing was widely available and he could’ve taken turns quarantining at other wives homes. But he didn’t want to, plain and simple.

I'm pretty sure that was Robyn's plan...tell Kootie that her poor unfortunate kids couldn't live without seeing his nasty face every day, and they'd be forever traumatized by his absence.  Of course, that's how he was leaning anyway, to avoid his older kids who are smart enough to see through his bullshit, and don't kiss the ground he walks on.  He's a selfish prick of a puppet with Robyn's hand up his ass, controlling everythingk he does.

• Love 21

He throws an ultimatum at them about cutting off their adult children, and then says he's NOT telling them what to do.

And then says do what you want, but you're a bad person if you do, but this isn't a guilt trip.

Dude, you couldn't be more clearly telling them what to do and guilt tripping them! You can't just SAY you're "not doing" whatever, do it anyway, and then expect people to believe you.

Okay, Cult Leader Kody, you're not telling anyone what to do...you're just calling them "independent women" but then handing out the punishments if they don't do what you say...yeah that's not cult-y at all.

No wonder Janelle tells him to f*ck off.

• Love 23

WHAT!?!  The women you've treated like shit don't want to spend Thanksgiving with you??? Shocking!  

We're watching it finally dawn on Christine and Janelle that they and their children really are the family.  Meri, Robyn, and Kody have just been irritants to be tolerated anyway, and Robyn ensured that her kids were set apart from the others to some extent, so the bond isn't particularly strong there either.  🤷‍♀️

Edited by eskimo
  • Love 20
13 minutes ago, eskimo said:

The women you've treated like shit don't want to spend Thanksgiving with you???

Are we talking about Thanksgiving of 2020?  Sweet baby jesus, that ship sailed more than a year ago,  Who the hell cares?

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, Cetacean said:

Are we talking about Thanksgiving of 2020?  Sweet baby jesus, that ship sailed more than a year ago,  Who the hell cares?

Yet that is what TLC is currently treating us to.  

That's besides the point anyway.  He's got a lot of nerve being upset that people he's treated with such contempt aren't prioritizing him, whether in 2020, 2021, or any other time.  

• Love 20
6 hours ago, LilyD said:

Christine really was a second mom to Janelle's kids. She practically raised them as Janelle was a fulltime working mom and they're half-siblings to her kids.

Kody entered the life of Robyn's kids at a later stage, was a part-time stepdad for the next couple of years and has only been a fulltime stepdad to them over the past two years when they were older teens. I'd say that's a huge difference. 

After I wrote that, I realized I should have clarified my thoughts on it. 

Christine’s love for Janelle’s (and Kody’s) kids is definitely more pure than Kody’s love for anyone other than himself. But I also think that Kody’s feelings for Robin’s children (bio or not) seem to be stronger than his love for any of his other children. Even the ones that don’t challenge him. I just find it ironic that a wife who is not bio mom has a stronger bond than the bio father, yet he’s so bonded with kids from Robin’s previous marriage. 

Basically, I wasn’t trying to give Kody credit for anything or suggest his feelings for any of the kids are comparable to Christine. But it did come off that way. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, DanaMB said:

Kody and Robyn get dragged on TLC FB posts as much as they do here. I’d love to know their reactions, but I’m pretty sure neither is active on SM lately

Not because they don't care about SM, because they do. I'm sure they're incredibly upset with the backlash on social media, which is why they are hiding.  They'll be roasted if they dare to post anything. 

I'm also 100% convinced that neither one understands this backlash. They must be so surprised and shocked to find out that the entire Sister Wives fandom sides with the other wives and not with them. Not that they'll learn anything from it. Kody and Robyn may not always be right, but they're never wrong....   (well, in their minds)

• Love 18
On 12/31/2021 at 5:47 PM, MsTree said:

Interesting (and no apology necessary) because I have the same affliction as a former proofreader, but that is verboten here.

Anyway, LOL re: buying any adult book on Amazon second hand...and I'll buy it third hand from you 😁🤑

Nil please 😂🤣

• LOL 2
10 hours ago, DanaMB said:

Kody and Robyn get dragged on TLC FB posts as much as they do here. I’d love to know their reactions, but I’m pretty sure neither is active on SM lately 

Come on, they LOVE the reaction.  They will do anything to stay on TV and this is clearly ramping up the viewers.  It's all about the money, folks, and they will sell their souls to the devil for another season.  And the viewers are enabling them with their postings.

• Love 10
7 hours ago, Cetacean said:

Come on, they LOVE the reaction.  They will do anything to stay on TV and this is clearly ramping up the viewers. 

Yes they love the reaction...if it glorifies the Royal Couple, not when it's about condemning their amazing actions. Kody changes into a mad man when any of the wives or kids disagree with him and Robyn starts crying. While Robyn may be acting, Kody definitely isn't. It really pisses him off. I'm 100% sure he is seething in his mansion because of the backlash the two of them are receiving and the praise Christine is getting for leaving!

Edited by LilyD
The love should corrected to they love
  • Love 22
5 hours ago, LilyD said:

Yes the love the reaction...if it glorifies the Royal Couple, not when it's about condemning their amazing actions. Kody changes into a mad man when any of the wives or kids disagree with him and Robyn starts crying. While Robyn may be acting, Kody definitely isn't. It really pisses him off. I'm 100% sure he is seething in his mansion because of the backlash the two of them are receiving and the praise Christine is getting for leaving!

I agree. In many of the tell alls over the years he was so mad at the social media responses that criticized him. That being said, Robyn did jokingly call herself "Sobyn Robyn" in one of those tell all sessions.

• Love 6
43 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

Robyn did jokingly call herself "Sobyn Robyn" in one of those tell all sessions.

and we stopped using the term when we realized that those were fake dry tears, not sobs

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 10

Does anyone think there may be a new baby in the mansion? I recall speculation last year that Sobyn was pregnant. That would catch her up in numbers with J and C. And Kootie catching up with those Duggars with 19. 

• LOL 6

I highly doubt there's another baby in the mansion. It would  make for a great storyline which translates into dollars and Kody would want to show off his new trophy everywhere. (Unless, one of Robyn's girls lost her cookies, which could be a reason to hide it, but since the girls are shackled to the house I deem that unlikely as well)

From a medical point of view; Robyn is now 43 so pretty old to have another child. It's not impossible of course but it would be very hard to conceive, not to mention the other medical risks. And if she indeed suffers from thyroid issues (which I consider highly likely) then the chances of getting pregnant at 42 are probably close to nil. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 12

From a medical point of view; Robyn is now 43 so pretty old to have another child.

I know someone who got pregnant naturally at 44 and someone else who had an accidental pregnancy at 47.

Janelle and Robyn have a very odd dynamic in that scene. We don't see them together much one-on-one. Robyn seemed very hesitant and guarded, like she was waiting to see what Janelle was going to say. Janelle seemed to be desperately trying to make small talk. It made me wonder if TLC told them they had to have a scene together.

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
5 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

I know someone who got pregnant naturally at 44 and someone else who had an accidental pregnancy at 47.

Janelle and Robyn have a very odd dynamic in that scene. We don't see them together much one-on-one. Robyn seemed very hesitant and guarded, like she was waiting to see what Janelle was going to say. Janelle seemed to be desperately trying to make small talk. It made me wonder if TLC told them they had to have a scene together.

One of my best friends got pregnant quite unexpectedly at 43. That was a bit of a shocker as she firmly believed it wouldn’t happen anymore. Glad the little boy is ok and all was well. But getting pregnant is really hard at that age…

And I agree with your description of Janelle’s and Robyn’s scene. It definitely was awkward. Robyn gave me a “I hope she doesn’t plan on staying long-vibe”. I smiled when I read your “Janelle seemed to be desperately trying to make small talk”. Janelle doesn’t normally do small talk. She listens and will occasionally say something if she thinks she should. She can’t just chat away like Christine. And Robyn obviously didn’t have much to say either. It must have been hard to film that ‘spontaneous’ visit!

• Love 9
11 hours ago, Luvless said:

Does anyone think there may be a new baby in the mansion? I recall speculation last year that Sobyn was pregnant. That would catch her up in numbers with J and C. And Kootie catching up with those Duggars with 19. 

After Ari was born, when Robyn was active on social media, she posted about having a condition that she had a stomach muscle issued called "diastasis recti". It causes your stomach to look "poochy" for a lack of a better word. That is also when Robyn began wearing her loose and flowy shirts and people have speculated that she is pregnant ever since because it looks like she is in her 5th month or so.

• Useful 4
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, LilyD said:

From a medical point of view; Robyn is now 43 so pretty old to have another child. I

lol one of the theories floating around is that the nanny is a surrogate for Robyn, who is actually living with them in the fortress during covid (to protect her health the baby). 😆

Edited by Tuxcat
  • LOL 5
3 minutes ago, taragel said:

Lot of Robyn in this Sunday's episode.  (Not sure how to get the People.com clip to embed but here's a link)

Sister Wives: Robyn Tells Her Kids the Family Won't Spend the Holidays Together

https://people.com/tv/sister-wives-robyn-doesnt-want-to-lie-to-her-kids-about-familys-separate-holiday-plans/

This one angered me. Don't put the kids in the middle like this. To be fair, Christine and maybe even Janelle, were obviously doing this type of thing too - albeit much more subtly. When Ysabel was talking about Kody, it was like listening to Christine. So  the adults are pitting the kids against the "other side."

But what Robyn is doing here is so blatantly wrong. I didn't agree with Christine's approach to covid either, but I would never have said that to any of the kids. This is downright terrible. And as usual, none of this is about covid or covid rules. None of it. This is about families already being separated and divided - because they wanted to be. If they had wanted to be together they would have found a safe way.

• Love 21
3 hours ago, taragel said:

Lot of Robyn in this Sunday's episode.  (Not sure how to get the People.com clip to embed but here's a link)

Sister Wives: Robyn Tells Her Kids the Family Won't Spend the Holidays Together

https://people.com/tv/sister-wives-robyn-doesnt-want-to-lie-to-her-kids-about-familys-separate-holiday-plans/

On a superficial note-whats going on with Ariella Grande's hairline? Did she cut her own bangs? 

• LOL 13
  • Love 2

Could you just imagine if Janelle's sons and Savanah had decided to conform to "The Rules" and had been invited to join in Thanksgiving at Kody and Robyn's table?

AuroraBreanna may have invited Savanah to view their respective rooms.... We didn't see much of you all summer Savanah, where did you spend your time?  Oh mom and I had a great time raking rocks on the land, it was hot and heavy work and we couldn't shower often as we had to ration the water, but at the end of the day, I could roll into my bunk with the 2 dogs.  The air became a little thick what with the smelly dogs and the generators made so much noise, we couldn't run the A/C when we were trying to sleep but Mom said it was a great experience.  I guess it was, one morning Mom woke me up at 6 AM to see elk through the window.  Your rooms are so pretty AuroraBreanna, you have your own dressers, beds, desks and closets and is this full bathroom for just the 2 of you?  Gabe and Garrison would have taken a hard pass on viewing Dayton's very own master suite.

• LOL 7
  • Love 8
47 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Could you just imagine if Janelle's sons and Savanah had decided to conform to "The Rules" and had been invited to join in Thanksgiving at Kody and Robyn's table?

AuroraBreanna may have invited Savanah to view their respective rooms.... We didn't see much of you all summer Savanah, where did you spend your time?  Oh mom and I had a great time raking rocks on the land, it was hot and heavy work and we couldn't shower often as we had to ration the water, but at the end of the day, I could roll into my bunk with the 2 dogs.  The air became a little thick what with the smelly dogs and the generators made so much noise, we couldn't run the A/C when we were trying to sleep but Mom said it was a great experience.  I guess it was, one morning Mom woke me up at 6 AM to see elk through the window.  Your rooms are so pretty AuroraBreanna, you have your own dressers, beds, desks and closets and is this full bathroom for just the 2 of you?  Gabe and Garrison would have taken a hard pass on viewing Dayton's very own master suite.

I don't know whether to blame Janelle or Robyn here! Such stark differences in how the kids lived in Flagstaff. Amazing really.  How many times has Janelle moved? Do you think Janelle's kids resent their mom for not fighting harder for an equal mansion? Or do Robyn's kids resent Robyn for not letting them out to actually experience life.

• Useful 6
  • Love 6
42 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

I don't know whether to blame Janelle or Robyn here! Such stark differences in how the kids lived in Flagstaff. Amazing really.  How many times has Janelle moved? Do you think Janelle's kids resent their mom for not fighting harder for an equal mansion? Or do Robyn's kids resent Robyn for not letting them out to actually experience life.

Interesting thought. I think Robyn's kids expect to be on the top of the heap always. I think Janelle's kids have been through the school of hard knocks re all the moving but they know Janelle (and Christine) truely love and support them in whatever they choose to do in life. Janelle will let them fly and be free, where Robyn will hold onto her kids as tightly and long as she can. I don't think the size of the house makes a bit of difference...  

Edited by Gramto6
  • Love 13
7 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

Interesting thought. I think Robyn's kids expect to be on the top of the heap always. I think Janelle's kids have been through the school of hard knocks re all the moving but they know Janelle (and Christine) truely love and support them in whatever they choose to do in life. Janelle will let them fly and be free, where Robyn will hold onto her kids as tightly and long as she can. I don't think the size of the house makes a bit of difference...  

True. From our adult perspective I can absolutely agree. From a teen perspective, I wonder if each thought the others grass was greener.

• Love 9

Janelle never cared much for the biggest house and newest car. She was happy for her kids to share bedrooms and seemed to be the only one who did an attempt to budgeting. Not that anyone ever listened to her cautious and sensible warnings though.

Most of Janelle’s kids seem to be take after her, making sensible decisions and trying to make a life for themselves. I don’t think that they care about expensive cars and a flashy lifestyle either. Gabe and Garrison seem more annoyed with dad’s absence than dad living in a big house.

• Useful 1
  • Love 21
8 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

"Top of the heap" seems to be a benefit accorded to the children of the legal wife.  Case in point, Mariah when she held that exalted position.  We can't really fault the kids for this, and possibly not even Robyn herself.  Robyn has stated that her mother held a subservient position as a second wife so maybe she has hard scrabbled her way to ensure she and her kids are never secondary.  I blame it on the whole cult-like system of polygamy.  There are no benefits that I have observed, even having a huge number of half siblings is moot, I was just as close to my cousins growing up and still am and we didn't have to share a father.

• Like 1
  • Love 20
1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

There are no benefits that I have observed, even having a huge number of half siblings is moot, I was just as close to my cousins growing up and still am and we didn't have to share a father.

Cut, print, check the gate.  I think we are done here.  @Sandy W, you have just summed up all of these seasons for us so succinctly that their really isn’t any need to theorize any longer . . . ☺️

• LOL 4
  • Love 10
29 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Clip:

Tissues not needed here.  I'm pretty sure that if Meri had cultivated a relationship with her bonus kids of Janelle and Christine, the greeting would have been just as effusive.  And...she would not have had to sit in purgatory for 6 months to come in contact with them.

Too bad, Meri is the loser here.  She has forever lost the opportunity to intimately know 12 fine kids.

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Clip:

Grab my popcorn and cheap merlot, more likely.  The last time this show made me cry was watching Ysabel come to the realization that her father doesn't care about her, and before that it was when Truely nearly perished of kidney failure.  I haven't watched the clip - I prefer to be freshly stunned when this sh!tshow comes on - but any tears flowing from the faces of Robyn or Meri are only manufactured to get what they want.  

That said, bring on Sunday night and maybe another couple of fun truth bombs that explode at Kody's feet.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 16