Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler, Speculation and Social Media

• Start Topic

(edited)
4 hours ago, Meow Mix said:

I suspect the contract was similar to what JB Duggar did with his family.  There was an LLC that was paid by TLC then he doled out what he chose (which wasn't much) to the rest of the family.  I suspect that some of the older Brown kids refused to continue to sign on as part of the Brown LLC, so they wouldn't be obligated to be on the show if they didn't want to.  I know at least Logan and Leon avoided the cameras at Christine's wedding.

I'm not sure how it is now since Kody and Robyn created their own LLC SADKRAB (I know it's DABSARK, but SADKRAB fits better) which doesn't include anyone but them and the tenders.  It could be that Christine participates, but she doesn't have to be around Kody to do it.

You're right about the LLC. The Browns have had various ones (I think they've needed a new one in each state they lived in) since the show began. The kids were never paid (even through the LLC) for their participation, though -- not even through the LLC.

I do think Kody has been generous with them at times, but, of course, that's a form of control.

All the people whose parents made them be on their reality TV shows, when the offspring were minors, ought to start a movement to protect reality TV show kids, the way child actors are protected. Parent/managers still screw over kid actors, but it's not as bad as it was in Jackie Coogan's day.

One of the problems is that each state can have its own laws on the subject. So they'd want any movement to be such that they pressured studios and networks only to do business with production companies that comply with the protections in California state law.

Basically, the kids should get some sort of scale pay, whenever they're in an episode, and there should be a requirement that some of their earnings are protected until they become legal adults.

Seriously, the Browns, the Gosselins, the Duggars, etc., should band together, lobby Congress and their own state legislatures, and start a movement. They'd get sympathetic news coverage. There are politicians who would be empathetic to their cause, too.

I'd love to see them do something like that. It would also chap the hides of people like Kody Brown, Jim Bob Duggar, and Kate Gosselin, and who doesn't want to see that?

Edited by General Days
typo
  • Like 14
  • Fire 3
  • Applause 1

Pennsylvania did pass a law because of the Gosselins.

It's true the Brown kids could make an impact on laws in the states where they've lived and are better positioned than the Duggars to both know about how they were used and to be able to speak more freely now.

• Like 8

I know at one time Paul Peterson with his organization A Minor Concern was trying to lobby for protections for kids on reality shows.  Not sure how far he got because as has been said, this has to be done on a state by state basis.  

• Like 6

Right, that's why part of their strategy would have to be to pressure the networks and streaming platforms not to do business with production companies that don't comply with [e.g. whatever California's protections are for child actors), regardless of where the series is shot.

• Like 7
(edited)

Robyn and Kody have a new LLC with the registered agent listed as being in Vegas, RBHK LLC. It was  filed on December 18, 2023. No clue what the initials stand for. 

Edited by ginger90
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 4
17 hours ago, Yeah No said:

"It's his show" and "in the beginning he was head of the family contract" = what I said last week about him making sure it was in his contract that he could be in every episode if he wanted.  And of course he wanted to be in the wedding episode just to spite Christine.  I don't even buy that it had anything to do with getting a paycheck although I'm sure he wouldn't turn down an opportunity to get one.

That's so annoying how Kody had to insert himself into Christine's wedding episode.  I wish Christine, Meri and Janelle would get their own spinoff with all their kids, without Sobbyn and Kody. I'm sick of seeing those two miserable mooches. Can't the wives make a new contract/show without those two? There is no more Sister Wives, they can make a new show and call it Surviving Sister Wives or something along those lines.

• Like 9
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2
51 minutes ago, ladyscorpio said:

Can't the wives make a new contract/show without those two?

Why?  What would be the content?  MLMs, visiting with grandkids, shopping, decorating the house?

The entire premise of Sister Wives was to show the dynamics in a polygamist family,  Two single and one married woman has absolutely nothing to show that you can't see at any Walmart.

• Like 12
7 minutes ago, Orcinus orca said:

Why?  What would be the content?  MLMs, visiting with grandkids, shopping, decorating the house?

The entire premise of Sister Wives was to show the dynamics in a polygamist family,  Two single and one married woman has absolutely nothing to show that you can't see at any Walmart.

I never watched any of the Duggar family shows but wasn't that sort of the problem with the show that followed the daughters after they dropped the main family show in the wake of the Josh Duggar scandal? Basically you had a couple of the adult daughters, married and having babies, and the occasional wedding of an adult sibling. 

I guess the idea is that we have watched this family for however many years and now that the plural marriages are over, maybe there is some audience to watch the former sister wives move on with their lives? I could see maybe the occasional two-hour special or a somewhat limited season or two, but yeah, without the plural marriage, there's not a lot there content-wise. 

Honestly the one thing that really captures my interest is how the hell any of them make enough money to live on. I guess Christine is less of a mystery now but there's no way Kody makes enough to support Robyn in the manner to which she has become accustomed and Janelle ... I like her well enough but how she has two nickels to rub together is a mystery to me. I know Meri has the inn but I don't think it could possibly bring in that much. I also know she is a queen of Lularoe but I thought that MLM had pretty much tanked and no one was buying it anymore. So yeah, an hour or two exploring the Brown Family Financial House of Cards would capture my interest.

• Like 10
1 hour ago, ladyscorpio said:

Can't the wives make a new contract/show without those two? There is no more Sister Wives,

Frustration of contract - there are no sister wives, therefore it is impossible to have Sister Wives.  

Fellow lawyers here know I'm right.    Although, technically F of C does require an intervening event that no one could have foreseen, and we all saw this coming. 

• Like 2
  • Fire 1
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 4
2 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Janelle ... I like her well enough but how she has two nickels to rub together is a mystery to me. 

Janelle is one of the top earners in the country for Plexus (MLM). Isn't there a screenshot listing her Plexus revenue (not take home) as $400,000 or something? 

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 5
  • Wink 1
7 minutes ago, Canadian Girl said:

Janelle is one of the top earners in the country for Plexus (MLM). Isn't there a screenshot listing her Plexus revenue (not take home) as $400,000 or something? 

She must have a pretty good cash flow. She has taken several impulsive, expensive trips lately.

• Like 3
  • Useful 3
5 hours ago, Orcinus orca said:

I understand the premise of Sister Wives and I've watched all the seasons and episodes since the beginning, my point was there is no more sister wives since they all left him (except Robyn) and it seems weird to me that Kody would still be shown in an episode of Christine's wedding to another man. He has nothing to do with that and I can't stand him or Robyn. 

• Like 9
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, ladyscorpio said:

Can't the wives make a new contract/show without those two? There is no more Sister Wives, they can make a new show and call it Surviving Sister Wives or something along those lines.

I agree and posted something similar in another thread.  "Sister Wives - The Aftermath" or something like that.

6 hours ago, Orcinus orca said:

Oh but how many years did we watch of nothing but boring crap like endless discussions about "My Sister Wives Closet" or Douche-head doing the headless chicken dance and stringing up Christmas lights?  Obviously people will watch this family do just about anything.

5 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I guess the idea is that we have watched this family for however many years and now that the plural marriages are over, maybe there is some audience to watch the former sister wives move on with their lives? I could see maybe the occasional two-hour special or a somewhat limited season or two, but yeah, without the plural marriage, there's not a lot there content-wise. 

I think these people have transcended their original topic and people are interested in them as people now, not just the plural marriage aspect.  I think the audience has moved on from that as they have but not the people themselves.  They'll watch them do anything, like people watch the Kardashians and other reality show families.

46 minutes ago, ladyscorpio said:

I understand the premise of Sister Wives and I've watched all the seasons and episodes since the beginning, my point was there is no more sister wives since they all left him (except Robyn) and it seems weird to me that Kody would still be shown in an episode of Christine's wedding to another man. He has nothing to do with that and I can't stand him or Robyn. 

I said this before but I think he wanted to appear in Christine's marriage episode out of spite.  He has to make himself the focus of attention and take it off of her.  And because he has the power to insert himself there, he did.  After all, as was said, it's "his show".  The ex-wives need their OWN show without him in it.  That'll fix his ass.  I only hope he didn't put a no-spin-off without him in it clause in the show's contract!

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1

Robyn is just now wondering if plural families work ?????  Not the way she lived them or tried to force others especially.   And she knew that or she wouldn’t have been making excuses why kootie was at her house more ( the he is here but he’s not here for me he has an office here nonsense).  At the wedding the brown kids were just having fun and you could see the love they have for each other.  They were not being dictated to to conform to some idea of perfection koots and Robyn seem to want to push on others 

thank llama above none of the shown children take over a dance floor like their father!

• Like 11
  • Love 2
(edited)
8 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I agree and posted something similar in another thread.  "Sister Wives - The Aftermath" or something like that.

I said this before but I think he wanted to appear in Christine's marriage episode out of spite.  He has to make himself the focus of attention and take it off of her.  And because he has the power to insert himself there, he did.  After all, as was said, it's "his show".  The ex-wives need their OWN show without him in it.  That'll fix his ass.  I only hope he didn't put a no-spin-off without him in it clause in the show's contract!

I don't think he could have control over what others do after the show dies as far as a "spin off", except for using "Sister Wives" in the title.  The OG families are their own entities and can do what they want. Like the Duggars did with the "Jill  whatever show". I would think the OG wives could use something like "Christine and Janelle Moving Forward" or "Original Housewives of Polygamy"  with no SW in title.  I'm sure any one interested would find the show w/out any reference to K&R!

And just maybe TLC would bite if they also cameoed other former wives that left Polygamy which would draw the theme even further away from Kootie and maybe draw in others that are just interested in that facet and didn't watch SW.

I agree with all your points @Yeah No!

Edited by Gramto6
added on to post
  • Like 14
16 hours ago, Quof said:

Frustration of contract - there are no sister wives, therefore it is impossible to have Sister Wives.  

Fellow lawyers here know I'm right.    Although, technically F of C does require an intervening event that no one could have foreseen, and we all saw this coming. 

Well the Teen Moms aren’t teen moms anymore but they still have a show. 

• Like 13
  • Useful 3

How about "Former Wives of Polygamy"? Couldn't that title work.  They aren't Sister Wives, they are ex-Wives. Not a lawyer, but how could that infringe on Kooties "Sister Wives? 

I would just hate to have him still have that kind of control over them after they have left his a$$. Would he have to be in any future show with them regardless of the name?

I just want them to be able to have their own show w/out him if that is what they want.

• Like 5
  • Love 2

Let's just be honest here.  The reason this shitshow has lasted is Kootie's outrageous behavior and the reaction of the wives.  If you want sweetness and light and happy endings, watch Hallmark.  

Without him and the witch, there is nothing of interest.

• Like 10
  • Applause 6
  • LOL 4
1 hour ago, Orcinus orca said:

Let's just be honest here.  The reason this shitshow has lasted is Kootie's outrageous behavior and the reaction of the wives.  If you want sweetness and light and happy endings, watch Hallmark.  

Now, this is a truth.......

• Like 8
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Orcinus orca said:

Speaking for myself, I stopped watching the show because I could not sit through any scenes with K or R, let alone both of them. My blood would just boil and I wanted to throw something at the tv. So I stopped watching except for clips here and there. But, if there was a final season with the OG3's new lives, the goings-on of their children, hopefully significant others, I would definitely start watching again. Kind of like a season of "Where are they now". K&R I never want to hear from again and never want them to earn another TLC cent.

• Like 14
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2

I'm happy for Meri. I hope this works out for her and I hope that she takes her time getting to know him and just enjoying having him in her life. She deserves happiness after putting up with the way that Kody treated her all these years. 

• Like 22
(edited)

Really happy for Meri. I hope she is enjoying her time with Amos and if it goes somewhere, good on her!! Wish her the best.

I don't know anything about how filters work in these posts. Does one circle the section to be filtered?  Meri has clearly filtered herself in the first and 3rd photo, so does Amos get the filter too? The 4th photo doesn't appear to be filtered they both look a bit fuller in the face. I hope this is a sign she is maybe stepping back albeit slowly from so much filtering. Maybe she is testing the waters with distance photos. 

Edited by Gramto6
  • Like 8
  • Useful 2

Oh wow, he's cute and he has kind eyes.  I couldn't be happier for Meri.  I would watch a season or a special that featured her dating him and if they got married I'd watch her wedding too.

• Like 22

Good for Meri!

Amos looks like a decent guy, and unlike I've done all of these many years with Kootie, it'll be so nice to use his  REAL name!  Now THAT is gonna take some getting used to for yours truly.  😎

• Like 7
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
On 1/8/2024 at 2:13 PM, laurakaye said:

Oh, Robyn.  You have so much to look forward to with this guy, hahaha :)

Be careful what you wish for; you just might get it.

I'm coming away from the wedding episodes feeling like we've stepped back in time a little bit.  I'm happy for both of them, no if's, and's or but's.

The people I'm happier for are the adult children who had to witness this travesty first hand for the last five or ten years, with and without the cameras.  The kids knew this wasn't a good scenario.

I find it entirely believable and reasonable that NONE of the adult kids want anything to do with plural marriage.  This shoots down the entire premise of the show for however many years TLC has filmed them.  I would presume there are some successful plural marriages out there, just as there are all sorts of marital unions.  But the Browns' marriages were not the ones that should have been held up as examples.  The kids dropping out of the consideration of their own plural relationships is absolutely the red-flag.

Hell, even Kootie doesn't want it anymore.  That, alone, qualifies TLC cancelling the show.

• Like 9
  • Love 5

Whitney Thore is reportedly no longer quite so Big Fat (thanks, Ozempic), and her life has never been Fabulous, but her show is not going away.  

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
43 minutes ago, SongbirdHollow said:

InTouch is reporting that Amos has been married FOUR times. Look out Meri!

If that is true, doesn't sound too promising.  Maybe a fortune hunter?

• Like 10
  • Useful 2
14 minutes ago, Orcinus orca said:

If that is true, doesn't sound too promising.  Maybe a fortune hunter?

Four weddings and a bankruptcy under his belt.

Sounds like a winner.

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 7
  • Useful 5
1 hour ago, SongbirdHollow said:

Four separate marriages or four wives at the same time?

• Like 1
  • LOL 16
3 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

Four separate marriages or four wives at the same time?

Four divorces, so assume they were consecutive marriages.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3
  • Useful 3

That doesn't sound good and I hope this isn't true but I was skeptical of this romance when I realized they had only been dating 2 or 3 months and Meri was already going public.  I hope she uses her head before jumping into something.  

• Like 12
19 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

That doesn't sound good and I hope this isn't true but I was skeptical of this romance when I realized they had only been dating 2 or 3 months and Meri was already going public.  I hope she uses her head before jumping into something.  

According to In Touch, first divorce in 1998, second in 2000, third in 2004, fourth marriage lasted 2016-2021.

• Sad 3
  • Fire 1
  • Useful 6
1 hour ago, SongbirdHollow said:

I also saw a blurb from that same rag that said he's filed for bankruptcy.  Which makes me wonder, are good men that hard to come by?  

I guess it's like real estate.  Location, location, location.  Plus a little bit of luck.

• Like 8
59 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Four weddings and a bankruptcy under his belt.

Sounds like a winner.

I just saw your comment.  Gold digger?  I wonder where he works and what his child support payments might be.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 4
3 hours ago, SongbirdHollow said:

So has the Douchecanoe.  And she stayed with him for YEARS😏

• Like 3
  • Sad 3
  • LOL 6
17 minutes ago, goofygirl said:

So has the Douchecanoe.  And she stayed with him for YEARS😏

He also had bankruptcies so by those measures, they are about even...

• Like 4
  • LOL 5
On 1/10/2024 at 8:02 AM, Quof said:

I don't believe anything she says about her ex-husband, either.

I seem to remember Kody saying something relevant about this with Christine and David.  Kody said something about Christine has to make it seem to David that she didn't divorce a good man.  I have to wonder if Sobbin's ex qualified as a 'good man'.

• Like 6