Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler, Speculation and Social Media

• Start Topic

On 11/14/2023 at 9:12 PM, General Days said:

Tony recently got job. He's an owner-partner at some chess center near them. He usually leaves their live-watches to go to work.

Sounds like a real money-maker.  

• Like 1
  • LOL 21
On 11/15/2023 at 10:55 AM, Sandy W said:

I wonder how it feels for Kody and Robyn to lay their heads on the pillows each night, reflecting in their lives and realizing they are probably the most reviled couple on reality TV.

Are they self aware enough to realize this and if so, do they even give a damn?

They aren't self aware AT ALL.  I would think they're starting to worry that the TLC cash is going to dry up and they'll be up the creek without a paddle.

• Like 9
  • Applause 2
On 11/13/2023 at 6:46 PM, mythoughtis said:

It is also unconscionable that Robyn was there at all.     What for?   Meri and Kody should end their spiritual marriage without a third party there- besides the film crew of course.  Robyn is also the same person that thought she needed to be at the lawyer when Meri signed the divorce papers for the legal marriage. Robyn has to be in control of everything. She’s the least polygamous polygamy wife ever.  

Gonna be hard for Robyn to be the HBIC now, that she's the last wife standing, lol. I have to wonder who Kody and she will spend their free time doing " psychological & spiritual inventories" on now? I think the two of them feeling they were vastly superior to the other 3 wives has been the glue that's held them together. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 9
  • Love 2

image.thumb.jpeg.df120d36e65edc2494227b28c4a87963.jpegOut of some “morbid” curiosity I decided to scour the internet for pictures of the alleged mess. There’s also a pic of the outside of the house, which shows an immense load of clutter precious treasure in every window and an entire downstairs room full of boxes. So, I suspect every single room in the house looks like this.
Is  Robyn possibly developing some kind of hoarding disorder? 

Edited by LilyD
  • Mind Blown 11
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 3

It makes me wonder if Robyn has some kind of uncontrolled health condition (probably autoimmune - maybe Hashimoto's, judging by her neck) that makes it really hard for her to have the energy to clean up or be very active. There have been times over the years that I've been "out of spoons" in chronic illness vernacular to do a ton of cleaning - although never to that extent of clutter because my husband and kids could help, and I'd do what I could no matter how shitty I felt. But then, I didn't have 7 people living in my home, either (of course, I also worked full time and didn't have a nanny). 

I hate giving Robyn the benefit of the doubt, but is there anything about Kody that says he'd be willing to step up to the plate and help with housework if Robyn was under the weather?

ETA: Holy crap that stresses me out to look at that kind of mess!

Edited by NoWhammies
  • Like 18

Man it stresses me out too!!

I'm not the world's best housekeeper that is for sure. My back only allows so much before I have to stop. But my place looks nothing like that!  I don't have 6 able bodied people living with me either. Frankly I don't see Kodouche even thinking housework would be appropriate "work" for him. My guess is his thought would be that is the wife's or woman's work, not for a busy, busy, manly man (gag!).

The older girls and even Aribelablabla could certainly help in keeping it neater. Even Sol could have certain chores. I forgive Dayton as he lives on his own in the RV and keeps his own house.

There is no excuse except sheer laziness, unless she is gravely ill (doubtful), for that mess! No wonder she doesn't allow cameras inside!

Edited by Gramto6
  • Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
59 minutes ago, NoWhammies said:

It makes me wonder if Robyn has some kind of uncontrolled health condition (probably autoimmune - maybe Hashimoto's, judging by her neck) that makes it really hard for her to have the energy to clean up or be very active. There have been times over the years that I've been "out of spoons" in chronic illness vernacular to do a ton of cleaning - although never to that extent of clutter because my husband and kids could help, and I'd do what I could no matter how shitty I felt. But then, I didn't have 7 people living in my home, either (of course, I also worked full time and didn't have a nanny). 

I hate giving Robyn the benefit of the doubt, but is there anything about Kody that says he'd be willing to step up to the plate and help with housework if Robyn was under the weather?

Meh, in my opinion, Robyn suffers from Princess Syndrome.  Cleaning, cooking, childcare is for peons.  But there are 4 other housemates that are adults that can take on chores if she is struggling and the kids old enough to help.  For fucks sake, I was 12 when I had my 1st job.  Sol could help (he is 12ish).  Ariola is certainly old enough to do something at 7.  If they want to live like pigs, whatevs.  But that place is gross (thank you LiliD!).  NoWhammies, looking at the mess stresses me out as well.  

I noticed at Truley's pathetic bday that Ariola body checked her at some point and was really glomming onto her.  She was climbing on the table, jesus.  She needs some training on how to be around other humans.

Edited by Natalie68
  • Like 11
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Looks like she could be a shopaholic!

I wager she's one of those gullible housfraus who fall for the "this is a collectible and be worth a fortune someday".  There are a zillion Precious Moments "collectibles" on eBay selling for pennies on the dollar.

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 7
4 hours ago, NoWhammies said:

I do think a health condition (physical or mental) is part of the reason at least. Gwendlyn, who does not waste any love on Robyn, has said that her home was always clean.

However, both Gwen and Mykelti have acknowledged or at least allowed that Kody and Robyn have a shopping problem. 

Just looking at the amount of Kody's crap that Christine had to box up, when she decided to put Kody out of her house was stunning -- particularly considering he had 2-to-3 other wives' houses, where he could stow his shit.

53 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Looking at Robyn I would think she’d be neat as a pin. She presents herself very well. 
Looks like she could be a shopaholic!

That's what Gwendlyn has said (the neat part) and she and Mykelti both think Robyn AND KODY having a shopping problem. I feel a little bad for Robyn (I mean not deeply, because she is awful), but as a culture, we still hold women more responsible for the state of the house than we do men. That's not fair. It's effing Kody's effing house, too.

I think Kody was a packrat-to-hoarder, even before he met Robyn. Now whether Robyn is lazy, or has an illness, does not excuse Kody from not cleaning up and tidying their shit.

Also, I'm fairly certain the "art" is Kody's. (Mykelti mentioned that he sees it as an investment).

And also, Kody did, once upon a time, appreciate that Meri's house was quiet, tidy, and orderly. He's said it on the show, so he knows what clean is. He's even thrown some shade at Christine, in the past, for the state of her domicile, so he's capable and responsible -- CULPABLE, one might say -- for the state of Robyn's McMansion)

42 minutes ago, Orcinus orca said:

I wager she's one of those gullible housfraus who fall for the "this is a collectible and be worth a fortune someday".  There are a zillion Precious Moments "collectibles" on eBay selling for pennies on the dollar.

I think she does, but I think Kody is the main culprit.

(I'm sorry. I feel like I am too repetitive in this post, but let's blame effing Kody, too. He's not a child, even if he acts like one. And he's not a marriage and parenting newbie. He's not a newbie to setting up and settling into a home. He's not a newbie at running his mouth when he dislikes aspects of his homelife. Whatever problems Robyn may or may not have, Kody is a grownass adult who could fix this, should he choose.)

Edited by General Days
clarity
  • Like 7
  • Applause 7
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, General Days said:

I do think a health condition (physical or mental) is part of the reason at least. Gwendlyn, who does not waste any love on Robyn, has said that her home was always clean.

However, both Gwen and Mykelti have acknowledged or at least allowed that Kody and Robyn have a shopping problem. 

Just looking at the amount of Kody's crap that Christine had to box up, when she decided to put Kody out of her house was stunning -- particularly considering he had 2-to-3 other wives' houses, where he could stow his shit.

That's what Gwendlyn has said (the neat part) and she and Mykelti both think Robyn AND KODY having a shopping problem. I feel a little bad for Robyn (I mean not deeply, because she is awful), but as a culture, we still hold women more responsible for the state of the house than we do men. That's not fair. It's effing Kody's effing house, too.

I think Kody was a packrat-to-hoarder, even before he met Robyn. Now whether Robyn is lazy, or has an illness, does not excuse Kody from not cleaning up and tidying their shit.

Also, I'm fairly certain the "art" is Kody's. (Mykelti mentioned that he sees it as an investment).

And also, Kody did, once upon a time, appreciate that Meri's house was quiet, tidy, and orderly. He's said it on the show, so he knows what clean is. He's even thrown some shade at Christine, in the past, for the state of her domicile, so he's capable and responsible -- CULPABLE, one might say -- for the state of Robyn's McMansion)

I think she does, but I think Kody is the main culprit.

(I'm sorry. I feel like I am too repetitive in this post, but let's blame effing Kody, too. He's not a child, even if he acts like one. And he's not a marriage and parenting newbie. He's not a newbie to setting up and settling into a home. He's not a newbie at running his mouth when he dislikes aspects of his homelife. Whatever problems Robyn may or may not have, Kody is a grownass adult who could fix this, should he choose.)

Absolutely agree that Kody and all children of cleaning age (in other words, all children) are equally responsible for the state of the manse - at least from a cleanliness standpoint. It has always bugged me that women are judged for the state of a house and not the men and kids.

Also agree that a shopping addiction may also be at play. As well as general overwhelm. When you start to let stuff go, it probably gets more and more overwhelming the bigger the mess. That much clutter and mess is a chaotic and super stressful way to live and probably takes a mental toll on everyone in the house. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

Those two interviews told us more than we have learned in several years of ‘tell all’ episodes.    

I want this woman to do the Tell Nothings from now on!  They may actually be Tell Alls!!

• Like 11
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, NoWhammies said:

If she has Hashimoto's it can be treated with medication.  I think she could have it or some other thyroid issue but she also seems to just have way too much stuff, she obviously has the time and energy to shop a lot! They don't hold down jobs and there are 5 adults - it just looks out of control to me. More likely a mental health problem I think. Maybe she suffers from severe depression, she never appears happy to me.

• Like 9
3 hours ago, General Days said:

Here's a bit more with Janelle and Christine, from ET

Hey, an interviewer who asks all the right questions! No need for four parts of Tell Nothing now.

Observations:

Christine uses more words than necessary!  

Also, I know they are "besties" now and probably do have a genuine relationship, but I doubt they hang out much. Janelle looks like she is easily overwhelmed by Christines constant dramatic energy.

• Like 18
5 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

Hey, an interviewer who asks all the right questions! No need for four parts of Tell Nothing now.

Observations:

Also, I know they are "besties" now and probably do have a genuine relationship, but I doubt they hang out much. Janelle looks like she is easily overwhelmed by Christines constant dramatic energy.

Christine’s theatrics wear me out!  😵‍💫

I couldn’t quite put my finger on it but you nailed it “she uses more words than necessary”  and she’s so dramatic, she’d drive me crazy if I had to spend a day with her.

• Like 13
  • Love 2

Yes!

And hogs the converstation.

Also, I know they are "besties" now and probably do have a genuine relationship, but I doubt they hang out much.

I think this is just since the big break ups.  While I admit I haven't watched since season one, from what I have read here over the years, they were not portrayed as besties up until now.

And a big ugh on another season.  Couldn't care less about the journey of Sparkle Princess and her new hubby and Janelle and her money woes.  And I called it when I said that Christine married another famewhore.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

Christine has hung the moon and the stars on David.  I hope he's worthy.

Janelle had a hard time getting a word in and was frequently interrupted by Christine.

I'm guessing these interviews are by Christine for cash strapped Janelle.  Christine is quite the marketing person.  Did I hear her say they got free trips to Disney so they ALL went?

Any idea what the pay is for in Access interview?

I bet Kody is fuming.

• Like 6
  • LOL 3
2 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I couldn’t quite put my finger on it but you nailed it “she uses more words than necessary”  and she’s so dramatic, she’d drive me crazy if I had to spend a day with her.

It seems to me that Christine likes to talk and she likes to hear herself talk. Watching that interview it was like is she ever going to let Janelle get a word in? I don't think that we learned much from that interview other than there is another season coming and Janelle and Christine both look good. It does seem like they are no longer bitter about the way that Kody treated them and their children. I find that a little hard to believe. I want to know what they are going to do about the property division and is Janelle going to get her fair share of the family money like Christine and Robyn did when they bought houses.  I do not want to hear them fawning over Robyn and Kody's soul mate marriage, bla bla bla. 

• Like 10
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, NoWhammies said:

Absolutely agree that Kody and all children of cleaning age (in other words, all children) are equally responsible for the state of the manse - at least from a cleanliness standpoint. It has always bugged me that women are judged for the state of a house and not the men and kids.

Also agree that a shopping addiction may also be at play. As well as general overwhelm. When you start to let stuff go, it probably gets more and more overwhelming the bigger the mess. That much clutter and mess is a chaotic and super stressful way to live and probably takes a mental toll on everyone in the house. 

I speak from experience that once you have started down a slippery slope of leaving stuff sitting out, it goes downhill quickly. A lot of Robyn’s clutter is “art” and collectibles, which takes up space, but there is also a lot of everyday stuff just sitting out. That house is huge and almost certainly has plenty of storage space but that might be full or just so badly organized that it seems full even though it’s not really. So you’re standing there with your soda and Nutella and you would put it in the pantry or the cabinet but those are full so you pop it on the counter and it never gets put away. Then you’re at the grocery store and you want to bake cookies and you have no idea what’s in the pantry so you buy the flower and the chocolate chips and the sprinkles and haul all that home. You make the cookies and there’s no place to put away all that stuff so it ends up on the counter too. 

None of this is to excuse anyone. Our home doesn’t have a lot of storage and periodically we sweep through, toss or donate a bunch of stuff and make a place for everything. But you do have to do it and then devote a couple minutes a day to put things away. 

• Like 17
14 hours ago, General Days said:

It's been suggested on a SW podcast that Kody is taking advice from the manosphere and putting his money into things like art, as a way to not have to pay anything out to his ex-wives.  I don't pretend to understand how that works (because couldn't he just be forced to sell the stuff?) but it would explain why he's such a "collector."

But let me tell you - if I had to look at that "art" every single day, I think it would be highly unsettling...I see lots of fire, smoke coming from something, a tree that seems to be ablaze, and while it might all be by the same artist it doesn't necessarily go together.  I'm no decorator but what I see is a mishmash of complicated colors all crammed together in an alcove.  I get a bit twitchy and claustrophobic just looking at it.

• Like 8
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Agree she is too over the top a lot, and she would wear me out too.  I actually found her a *little* easier to take in those interviews compared to Sister Wives.  Her hair looked stunning, they both looked so much better and they are def happier.  They all just repeat, repeat, repeat and then there's Robyn, and every time she starts crying I burst out laughing.

• Like 8
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

That house is huge and almost certainly has plenty of storage space but that might be full or just so badly organized that it seems full even though it’s not really.

Thus the need for the barndominium?  One more place to hoard stuff? And park all of the motorized toys they have?  There's a shit ton of money tied up in those things alone.

• Like 9
  • Applause 2
15 hours ago, endure said:

If she has Hashimoto's it can be treated with medication.  I think she could have it or some other thyroid issue but she also seems to just have way too much stuff, she obviously has the time and energy to shop a lot! They don't hold down jobs and there are 5 adults - it just looks out of control to me. More likely a mental health problem I think. Maybe she suffers from severe depression, she never appears happy to me.

Sjögren’s disease could explain the dry cries.

Could.

• Useful 4

ET has another Janelle/Christine interview snippet.

In it, Janelle says she still doesn't have any interest in dating -- that it would have to happen organically. Christine Christine-splains that Janelle would not want what Christine and David have, and says Janelle is the strong, independent type.

Janelle also keeps teasing that she has dreams into which she is pouring her passion, and has some projects she's working on.

When the interviewer asks Janelle if it's wellness related, Christine sort of allows that it is, but won't give a straight answer. Janelle adds, "It's a grounded business," and you could basically hear the italics on "grounded." Christine thinks that is a terribly clever way of putting it.

There's also a segment where Christine talks about her wedding to David. I didn't listen. I'm so glad Christine has found someone. I hope he is for real and that they have a lovely marriage. I have also, however, heard my fill of Christine gushing about it. I wish her the best, but she can be exhausting, sometimes.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 2
3 hours ago, endure said:

They all just repeat, repeat, repeat and then there's Robyn, and every time she starts crying I burst out laughing.

And I mumble, "shut up, Robyn."

As for Janelle's "grounded" business...again, pure speculation from the Surviving Sister Wives podcast, but they think she's going to go into business with Gabe and Garrison and grow weed.  

• Like 7
  • Mind Blown 4
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 7
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

And I mumble, "shut up, Robyn."

As for Janelle's "grounded" business...again, pure speculation from the Surviving Sister Wives podcast, but they think she's going to go into business with Gabe and Garrison and grow weed.  

I've wondered about that, before (I don't listen to the podcast), because of Janelle's passion for gardening, and her greenhouse plans, etc., for Coyote Pass. They could make some real money. That would also be an interesting job, if TLC really does want to do some spinoff of the original show.

Here's another ET clip. The last third is the same as the "grounded business" above.

I'm only bothering to share it, because in the first 2/3rds, they show an old clip of the five Brown parents, prior to the series premiere, then have Christine and Janelle react to it.

Edited by General Days
typo
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

When Kody says he never loved Meri that's bullshit. I don't believe that . According to Janelle and Christine, they have both said that Meri and Kody were like soulmates and very much in love. Meri and Kody were married for three years before Janelle asked to join their family.  People described Meri and Kody as the "it" couple. Janelle and Christine said the way he treated Meri was a major reason why they wanted to join their family. Kody used to be very sweet to Meri and in the older episodes, it does seem like he's very  happy with her. Janelle had said she felt like a third wheel and that Kody had to go out of town for work alot in the beginning and Meri would go with him. She said Meri and Kody were always holding hands when they would all be watching  tv at home and that Meri and Kody were very connected to each other. They used to tell people that Janelle was Kody's sister instead of introducing her as his second wife. In the book they said Janelle and Kody always had more of a friendly relationship instead of a romantic one. So Meri used to be Kody's favorite, until Sobbyn came along and destroyed everything. 

• Like 17
42 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Hmmmmm I wonder if Janelle is hopping on the “grounding” bandwagon?

A bunch of reality people are into it

https://www.healthline.com/health/grounding

I don't know about "grounding" but I do know that my life is better because I put my hands in dirt, grow baby plants and pick tomatoes. Then eat them warm from the sun and sit in my greenhouse, surrounded by trees, watching the birds and drinking tea while knowing that my garden keeps me from killing people. How to turn that into a business ?

• Like 11
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 11/20/2023 at 11:06 AM, 65mickey said:

. I will never be convinced that the divorce was Meri's idea. I believe the divorce  did irrevocable damage to Meri. She has never. been the same since then. She needs to break away from the toxic duo and build a  new life .

Same. I will always think Meri created the majority of her own mess, but she was basically manipulated into being dumped so her husband could marry his new babymama. They did her wrong. They did not have to divorce for her to grant custody to anyone else in case of her death. Her ex could sign that over without having anything to do with Meri’s marriage.

• Like 15
3 hours ago, ladyscorpio said:
3 hours ago, ladyscorpio said:

They used to tell people that Janelle was Kody's sister instead of introducing her as his second wife. In the book they said Janelle and Kody always had more of a friendly relationship instead of a romantic one.

I remember an earlier season show when all five were on the couch, and Kidney leaned across the one on his left to give Janelle an arch look and say emphatically that their relationship had become “more romantic!” Janelle smiled with her eyes demurely cast down.

• Like 4
50 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Maybe with menopause, Janelle isn't that interested in sex anymore, but there was a time when she obviously enjoyed her relationship with Kootie.  They did seem hot for each other for a time in Vegas.  I'm sure Crybrows hated that!  

I could tell that Kody & Janelle certainly had a sexual chemistry in the early seasons. I’ve always speculated that Janelle was aromantic and that’s why plural marriage suited her. I’ve heard that post menopause many women experience a decrease in desire for partnered sex, if Janelle is aromantic and doesn’t have the sexual needs she used to have I get why she’s not interested in online dating or a serious relationship. 

• Like 9
17 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Hmmmmm I wonder if Janelle is hopping on the “grounding” bandwagon?

A bunch of reality people are into it

https://www.healthline.com/health/grounding

I hope that Janelle is not going to invest money into some snake oil business like this. What could she possibly do but to tell people to go outside and walk barefoot or lie down in water? Janelle has big ideas about how to make money but it never pans out with the exception of the MLM scam. She blew $80,000 on an RV that she was not capable of hauling or setting it up. I can see her going into a business growing weed and with her sons. But they might want to start out by doing a lot of research.  At least her sons do not seem to  being adverse to work.  

Edited by 65mickey
  • Like 6
  • Love 1
33 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

LOL!!! Kody thought of himself as a trophy husband to Janelle who had no regard for his intellect and "humanity".  

Well he’d have to have some intellect and humanity first before she could have some regard for it.  LOL
He’s also confabulating things.  She held him in high regard when this series started.  The truth is he is saying this because his feelings are hurt because 1) she supported Christine during her decision to leave and strengthened their friendship after she left 2). She emotionally supports her offspring that he’s mad at and 3) she rejected him.   He’s spouting the same stuff every hurt ex-spouse says. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 19
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3