Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler, Speculation and Social Media

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, OlderThanDirt said:

He wants to be a husband but has no interest in being a father.

Except he only wants to be a husband to Robyn, not his earlier wives. Hasn't worked out how to deal with that yet except by being petty and vindictive. He likes being a father to the ones who adore him and he's managed to get rid of most of them that way.

• Like 12
  • Love 2
On 9/8/2023 at 11:32 AM, laurakaye said:

I just can't figure out her aesthetic - she owns the entire Precious Moments collection, crams random artwork over every square inch of wall space, her dining room seems like something Katherine of Aragon might've enjoyed, and her velvet boudoir looks like a Vegas hotel room circa 1974.  Based on the glimpses inside her house and the stacks of Amazon boxes, she seems to be spending Kody's money faster than he can earn it.  

I honestly didn't know these were still a thing.  She seems WAY too young to have an affinity for these creepy little things.  Apologies to anyone that may have them.

I did notice at the sad Xmas with her kids that her house seems super messy.  I believe the hoarder rumors.  I wanted to clean off every flat surface.

Also, may we discuss Aereola? The TH with she and Solomon was something.  Someone said the lisp may be from excessive binkie usage.  All I know, is as a NON kid person, my patience would run thin quickly around her.  Put on cuteness drives me nuts.  Anyone needing a ride to hell can jump in my handbasket!

On 9/8/2023 at 3:34 PM, altopower said:

Eggsactly the plan, I'm sure, with Janelle and Christine "sharing" the AirBnB house. I'm hoping there's enough overlap that they can enjoy being together as long as they keep Paedon and Gwendolyn separated. We know the kids have kept in touch through texts, at least, probably FaceTime, too. I wouldn't want to miss a chance to see my missing siblings.

I noticed that the Kody household seemed to have stolen the tradition of crepes on Xmas.  They cannot even start their own traditions!  BEC mode. 😜

• Like 5
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2
On 9/10/2023 at 3:38 PM, xwordfanatik said:

I don't think I've mentioned her before, but Sarah of realiteasquad on YouTube has made commentary videos of Sister Wives, for a good while.

If you have eleven or so minutes, the latest one, SW Janelle Worries About Finances While Robyn Spends Lavishly/Season 18 has a couple of interesting tidbits about my least favorite wife, Sobbyn, of course.  I'm not on TikTok, but there's a clip of one from that platform, that I found surprising, but not rilly, considering what we already know about the McMansion and its "dreckeration."  There's also a clip I hadn't seen, with Kootie and his bro Nathan, who was featured in the "guy time" from last week's episode.  Poor babies, those two misogynist pigs!!  😡

I love her!  I have gotten addicted to Youtube this summer.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
30 minutes ago, ChristmasJones said:

Outside of this show, has anyone else ever heard the term "tender age" being used?  I never have personally. Is it a regional thing or a Mormon thing perhaps?

Not unless referring to meat.  I have heard of Tenderoni (young beautiful girl and Bobby Brown song!)

• LOL 9
4 hours ago, OlderThanDirt said:

He wants to be an authoritarian whose subjects are forced to kowtow to his every whim. I think that if Sobbyn crossed him, he'd bail on her as well. He has no interest in serving anyone but himself. 

• Like 10
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, OlderThanDirt said:

Just about to write the same thing. Sad to say I truly believe Kody doesn’t care for his children. 

Kody is in love with Kody. Right now Robyn provides him with a comfortable home but he’s not in love with her either. 

He’s a real snake in the grass. 

• Like 10
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

It’s this week’s sneak peek for Sundays episode.  It includes a TH from Kody where he continues to find excuses  for not contacting his kids, ‘ the phone works both ways’ ‘I will give Savannah  her Christmas present late’.    If he hadn’t contacted her by mid January … it’s more than a little late.  He lives  a half hour away.   

He's an ass. He definitely should be leading by example and proactively contacting his kids. He can't see past his anger with their moms to be an even halfway decent dad to them. Every week I hate him more and more.

1 hour ago, General Days said:

I swear I'm not being intentionally political.

When immigrant families were being separated at the border in 2018 (???), one night, the news hit Rachel Maddow particularly hard while she was covering it. I remember her sort of crying (which is not like Maddow) as she referred to some of the children who had been seized as "tender aged" children. They were infants/toddlers/under fives.

Every time Kody mentions the tenders, or the fandom goes on about the tenders, that's what I think about.

Yes. I have done some work with immigrant/refugee children and those six and under are considered "tender aged." Many of the rules for them are different (staffing ratios; ability for us to interview them; tons of other logistic and care provision stuff). I would not be surprised if the term has somewhat different definitions in different disciplines and probably even across programs in the same government agency.

I have also worked on other social service programs, where the term is less commonly used. I've never heard "civilians" use the term.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 6
6 hours ago, ChristmasJones said:

Outside of this show, has anyone else ever heard the term "tender age" being used?  I never have personally. Is it a regional thing or a Mormon thing perhaps?

Yes, I have.  It's in the dictionary.

• Like 2
  • Useful 3
On 9/9/2023 at 2:46 PM, Gam2 said:

I could never take my eyes off of that hideous headboard at Robyn’s house long enough to even notice the “art”.

It had to be padded, dignity? Can't have the PrairieDawg  Patriarch and the Cap in Handmaiden getting a concussion!

• LOL 12

Kody uses the arguments with the sister wives as his excuse for not seeing his children.

He knows it hurts the wives but it also gives him an excuse to not see the children.

Men that love their children move mountains to see them and spend time with them!  Kody won't even pick up the phone on their birthday!

Watching the show Kody doesn't even like the children in Robyns home.  They are all so fake and uncomfortable in all their scenes together!  Sigh.

• Like 12
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Also, may we discuss Aereola? The TH with she and Solomon was something.  Someone said the lisp may be from excessive binkie usage.  All I know, is as a NON kid person, my patience would run thin quickly around her.  Put on cuteness drives me nuts.  Anyone needing a ride to hell can jump in my handbasket!

Areola is treated like a 2 yr old child binkie sucking and all!

There was a scene of the dining room table and Areola was crawling along on top of the table and knocked over a snowman decoration and you can hear Robyn in the background say “that’s enough” or “stop” or something

who lets a 7 yr old kid crawl around on the dining room table until they knock over the decorations?

Edited by Joan of Argh
  • Like 17
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

I just did some snooping on Google at Robyn’s artwork on her walls, apparently she loves Vladimir Kush… ummmm.. she has this masterpiece of his on her wall… “Don’t worry Mr Deer I’ll save you from the forest fire by killing you with my gun!”

is that supposed to be Kody with one of his many guns running into the forest?

Robyn has 4 of his works on that wall alone and they total $20,000 meanwhile Janelle is broke.  

IMG_6507.png

IMG_6514.jpeg

Edited by Joan of Argh
Pic
  • Mind Blown 9
  • Sad 2

Here’s another work of art by Robyn’s favorite artist…. 
Remember all those boxes of Kodys books at Christine’s house? … I think Robyn keeps Kody interested in books a different way.. 😎

IMG_6508.png

Edited by Joan of Argh
Autocorrect
  • Mind Blown 5
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 17
33 minutes ago, Orcinus orca said:

Countess Erotique?  Ewwww.

And this is on display in the home of a "god-fearing woman' who supposedly follows the Principle. 

Not sure the AUB would approve of that get up.  Shoulders are exposed and all. Heh.

The part that gets me is the books stacked up on the right all have faces staring at the “lady” book just waiting for her pages to “spread” open, the book face second from bottom even has his tongue hanging out !  😂😂😂

Edited by Joan of Argh
Autocorrect
  • Mind Blown 5
  • Thanks 1
  • LOL 13
2 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

The part that gets me is the books stacked up on the right all have faces staring at the book just waiting for the pages to “spread” open, the book face second from bottom even has his tongue hanging out !  😂😂😂

Sobbyn is such a moron that I can just hear her saying "oh, look at that pretty butterfly" and miss all of the rest of the innuendo.

• Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 10
2 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Here’s another work of art by Robyn’s favorite artist…. 
Remember all those boxes of Kodys books at Christine’s house? … apparently Robyn keeps Kody interested in books a different way.. 😎

IMG_6508.png

This is especially creepy, clamshell and all.  Will that be Sobbyn's next splurge?  🤮  Was this Kush guy some kind of horndog?  Just ew.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 10
3 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I just did some snooping on Google at Robyn’s artwork on her walls, apparently she loves Vladimir Kush… ummmm.. she has this masterpiece of his on her wall… “Don’t worry Mr Deer I’ll save you from the forest fire by killing you with my gun!”

is that supposed to be Kody with one of his many guns running into the forest?

Robyn has 4 of his works on that wall alone and they total $20,000 meanwhile Janelle is broke.  

IMG_6507.png

IMG_6514.jpeg

I guess the deer portrait resonates with Robyn and Kody since the description of the painting from the artist’s website:

“ Amidst the excitement of the search, the hunter does not notice anything around him. There is only an image of the Deer; the future trophy, in his head. Probable prey blinds his mind and shifts his estimation of universal values. He is not capable of seeing how beautiful the world is around him“

(rewritten/edited by me) sounds like Robyn’s entry into the family:

Amidst the excitement of getting his pencil wet, the idiot Kody does not notice his old family around him. There is only an image of bad eye brows and extra long Victoria’s Secret jeans ; the future massive debt contributor  Robyn in his head. Probable harmone swapping blinds his mind and shifts his estimation of any scrap of decency. He is not capable of seeing how beautiful his entire family  is around him.

• Like 2
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 15

Speculation here: viewers seem to be tiring of the "Kody and Robyn" show, the scenes with Kody and his bros, and so forth. If the show doesn't step it up, I think we're looking at ratings cratering. I'm beginning to think this will be the last season, with TLC using any remaining footage for something like a "wedding special" featuring Christine and David, with Kody's butt-hurt reactions.

I just don't see how the show can continue, after this week's dreadful episode. We'll see Avalon's birth soon but it's gonna feature Robyn casting a pall over the blessed event. With most of the OG kids not participating (which is more than understandable, and certainly healthier for them in the long run) and the adults with not much left to say about polygamy and each other, there's not much content of any interest whatsoever.

I love Truely scenes but I hope she puts her foot down and refuses to pander to her parents' need for underage kid content. I wish Sol would be able to do so as well, but alas it seems he doesn't have much choice but to do what he's told.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Teafortwo said:

Speculation here: viewers seem to be tiring of the "Kody and Robyn" show, the scenes with Kody and his bros, and so forth. If the show doesn't step it up, I think we're looking at ratings cratering

I don't know how many more weeks of recycled angst they can milk out of this.  It has been a total snoozefest from the first episode and we just keep hearing the same crap over and over. "It's their fault", "It's his fault", "It's her fault:, "I'm suffering", blah, blah, blah.

I really doubt seeing the twins or the latest Baby Brush will bring in viewers.  Who cares about kids who will be in college by the time it airs?

Enough, already.  Beating a dead horse just isn't doing it for me.

• Like 9
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
31 minutes ago, General Days said:

How do we know the art is Robyn's and not Kody's?

I thought someone here or on another SW thread said the art work came with the house? Maybe I am misremembering... otherwise how on earth could Robyn justify spending that kind of $$ on art work?

• LOL 1
38 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Didn't we already see Avalon's birth?  Now it'll be the twins, right?

I seem to remember Christine sending Sobbyn videos or something, when Miss Avalon entered the world.

Sobbyn saying " I WUV Avalon" last episode made me wanna 🤮.

Yes, Avalon’s birth was already on the show.

• Like 5
40 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

I thought someone here or on another SW thread said the art work came with the house? Maybe I am misremembering... otherwise how on earth could Robyn justify spending that kind of $$ on art work?

I think some of the furniture came with the house but Robyn’s “Precious Moments” collection, Kodys “Dickens Christmas” houses and I suspect the artwork is theirs.

if I bought a house and that was the art that came with it and it was plastered on every single inch of wall space I’d be tearing it off the walls and sending it to a local auction house.

• Like 8
  • Applause 4

Hey TLC! Thhppptttt to birthing eppies! I'm bored with those. 😴  However, any emasculating Kootie eppies you've got in the hopper I can get in line for!  💯

BTW, I'm on team blech re Mykelti.  For some reason she reminds me of something scaly, something sniffing all around with its forked tongue, hiding somewhere in the environment 🪱, and I always have to be on the lookout for the sake of the ones that I love.

And enough with putting the toddlers on the couch.  For Pete's sake, their lives are gonna be hard enough at school when they get older as it is, living down this crapfest. Quit using them for your quick buck!!!!  Looking at the dream team, Kootie and Robyn.  🧐

• Like 9
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

And enough with putting the toddlers on the couch.  For Pete's sake, their lives are gonna be hard enough at school when they get older as it is, living down this crapfest. Quit using them for your quick buck!!!!  Looking at the dream team, Kootie and Robyn.  🧐

I agree, Aeriellablahblah.. is already sucking on a binkie in every scene we don't need her on the couch acting strange in TH's.

I'm really starting to wonder if Robyn's girls will ever leave the nest, she treats Aroara like she's 13 or 14 yrs old and she's what... 21? 😦

• Like 6
  • Wink 1
  • Love 1

If that art is truly expensive, I highly doubt it was there when it was an Airbnb.  Nobody who is a Airbnb host has expensive, portable items ripe for the taking.  I have stayed in many and not a single one had anything worth stealing.  

34 minutes ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

And enough with putting the toddlers on the couch.

That was truly odious.  Poor Sol forgot his lines and Areola was, well, disturbing.  As I have said before, these kids are going to need LOTS of therapy to live this crap down. Bullies will eat this up. I hope the therapist dumps it back in the laps of their parents for selling their souls to TLC.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 9/5/2023 at 8:09 PM, mythoughtis said:

As if we all haven’t known that for some time.  Christine was begging for equal time in Vegas- it’s documented on film.  It’s why she had the wrestling mats in her garage so that the boys would  practice there.  She thought that would aid in getting Kody to come over.  Note: she had one boy old enough to wrestle- Janelle had four and Robyn had 1. Sol not being old  enough.   
Is Kody now going to accuse Meri of gaslighting him?  

Yes. Of COURSE he is!

• Like 3
  • Wink 1
55 minutes ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

And enough with putting the toddlers on the couch.  For Pete's sake, their lives are gonna be hard enough at school when they get older as it is, living down this crapfest. Quit using them for your quick buck!!!!  Looking at the dream team, Kootie and Robyn. 

The kids aren't toddlers, plug in Ari's mouth aside.  They're both in school and Solomon will be in middle school soon if he isn't already.  It depends on the grade arrangement in their school system.

• Like 4
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Orcinus orca said:

If that art is truly expensive, I highly doubt it was there when it was an Airbnb.  Nobody who is a Airbnb host has expensive, portable items ripe for the taking.  I have stayed in many and not a single one had anything worth stealing.  

That was truly odious.  Poor Sol forgot his lines and Areola was, well, disturbing.  As I have said before, these kids are going to need LOTS of therapy to live this crap down. Bullies will eat this up. I hope the therapist dumps it back in the laps of their parents for selling their souls to TLC.

That's a good point.  Hard for me to think that she spends that kind of money on art, though. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • LOL 1
44 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

Does Robyn actually have this book lady print in her home? Because if she does that is some weird shit. Not very subtle symbolism here. 

I took the  comment to mean that an artist that Robyn liked and had art work from  was ALSO known for this ‘ book lady’ artwork… .  Not that Robyn had that particular piece. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2

Honestly y'all, do you think Sobbyn can GET surrealism?  In any form?  She's still yammering about how her"fambly blew up"....  I always holler at the TV when she says that, "LOOK IN THE MIRROR HONEY!!"

Lort.  I love surrealism art. I adore old Salvadore Dali.  Good old Magritte.

KUSH??  Not so much.  We all have our favorites.  It's OK.

These prints (signed or not) are worth some $$$.  They need to get on EBAY ASAP.

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

I think Sobbyn is one of those saps that falls for "this is a collectors item and will be worth a fortune" stories.  Think Cabbage Patch Dolls and Beanie Babies.  You can't give that crap away. I expect she thinks her Precious Moments collection will bring in big bucks down the line along with the Dickens Village.

Bad news, as soon as something is labled a collectors item, it isn't.  People snatch them up and ultimately they are pretty much worthless.

Art might be an exception. Personally I think that stuff on her walls is awful.

• Like 12
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Orcinus orca said:

Art might be an exception. Personally I think that stuff on her walls is awful.

It's not my cup of tea, to be sure. Robyn may consider it an investment in case things get tight in the future (aka "cancellation"). Most people would consider using a bank instead.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
8 hours ago, goofygirl said:

These prints (signed or not) are worth some $$$.  They need to get on EBAY ASAP.

Dali is a good one, fer sure.  🥰

Some of today's disrupted realism is quite interesting.  Julie  Chapman, a Western artist, is known for this type of work, although I'm more in love with her scratchboards.  Much to my chagrin, I can't afford them.  Still drooling, though.  🤠

• Like 3
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, goofygirl said:

Honestly y'all, do you think Sobbyn can GET surrealism?  In any form?  She's still yammering about how her"fambly blew up"....  I always holler at the TV when she says that, "LOOK IN THE MIRROR HONEY!!"

I like Dali, too.  The melting clocks, especially!

Sobbyn's too stupid to look beyond what's right in front of her nose, IMO.  Does she even own a mirror?  😝

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

The art on the walls of the Christmas rental was blurred out.  Wonder if it's due the artist not granting permission for their art to be associated with the show.  The owner of the home may have stipulated that the art could not be used on the show.  The easiest answer is that there were logos that could not be used on the show but, though blurry, it didn't look like logos to me.

• Like 4
27 minutes ago, BnJJ said:

The art on the walls of the Christmas rental was blurred out.  Wonder if it's due the artist not granting permission for their art to be associated with the show.  The owner of the home may have stipulated that the art could not be used on the show.  The easiest answer is that there were logos that could not be used on the show but, though blurry, it didn't look like logos to me.

It may have been a security measure on the part of the owner, although it may have raised red flags for anyone so inclined to rob the place.

• Like 3
15 hours ago, goofygirl said:

My personal opinion about the art is that Kody picked it out.  Cause everyone knows if you have surreal paintings hanging on your wall it is because you are a "deep thinker" and so very very intelligent.

• Like 5
  • LOL 8
38 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

My personal opinion about the art is that Kody picked it out.  Cause everyone knows if you have surreal paintings hanging on your wall it is because you are a "deep thinker" and so very very intelligent.

I think so, too. It's not impossible, but I would be surprised if the same person who collects all those Precious Moments figurines is also collecting that art.

• Like 5
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

It may have been a security measure on the part of the owner, although it may have raised red flags for anyone so inclined to rob the place.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking when I said it might have been at the direction of the homeowner.

• Like 4

Are we sure that they aren't these types of Kush--just inexpensive art prints?

https://iartprints.com/buy/vladimir_kush_behind_the_trees_art_print-70366.html?ds=10x8&gclid=Cj0KCQjwx5qoBhDyARIsAPbMagArgT-F6eIocVWKf4qUDCKq-rVJmMjaWtOR9DXQ851q3_i8DfwfRLUaAk0IEALw_wcB

Instead of these?

https://kushfineart.com/artworks/categories/8/9398-behind-the-trees-39-x-49-inches/

She buys Dickens Village and Precious Moments so it would be a big jump up to $7K on a giclee. 

It wouldn't surprise me if the previous owner left behind a print that cost $75 and Robyn thought she was scoring something worth 100X that.

Edited by Ms.Lulu
  • Like 4
  • Love 2