Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler, Speculation and Social Media

• Start Topic

I'm sure he's seen this side of her before. That may have been part of her power within the group - being real when the cameras were off but staying sweet and propping up the franchise on camera in return for being left alone. But knowing it was all over anyway, no need to keep up the on-camera facade and tolerate direct disrespect.

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
On 7/18/2023 at 9:30 AM, dariafan said:

I wonder what analogies kootie head will be using for the other wives leaving.  Christine: knife to the kidney    Janelle : kick to the wallet ???  Meri : hatchet to the hair ????

Crumbled a rice krispy treat in her hand

• LOL 10

This may be the most interesting season yet. But after this season, I'm curious what they're going to show us. On social media, they appear to now be 4 completely separate households, with Janelle and Christine hanging out and visiting with Maddie. How do you make that into a show about a family?? 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1

I do think this season will be the last.   Most people are interested in seeing how/when Janelle came to the realization that she didn’t want to be married. I am interested  in seeing her tell Kody that and seeing Gabriel feel validated and supported by his Mom.  
 I’m not interested in seeing Meri realize her marriage has been over since Vegas.  Nor am I interested in seeing Meri, Robyn or Kody interact  with each other.   
I’m also not at all interested in the MyKelti and Tony hour.  

• Like 8
  • Applause 7
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Kellyee said:

This may be the most interesting season yet. But after this season, I'm curious what they're going to show us. On social media, they appear to now be 4 completely separate households, with Janelle and Christine hanging out and visiting with Maddie. How do you make that into a show about a family?? 

You don''t.  Hopefully, TLC will pull the plug on this show and old Douchecanoe and Sobbyn will have to get REAL JOBS!!!!!

• Like 3
  • Applause 11
  • LOL 1

With that thought in mind, I might watch a one hour show of Robyn and Kody working at real jobs (love to see Robyn flipping burgers!) and them dealing with the expenses of the Mansion. I like to see Robyn even trying to get a job. Oh, and the yard sale of all those "precious" figurines!!

How fast will the older 3 be told to get their own places and jobs to support themselves?

But even better, I'd like to never see them on my TV again for any reason!!!

• Like 6
  • Applause 9
8 hours ago, Kellyee said:

It's been 12? years since this show aired. They were never a "typical" family, if there is such a thing. The normal part is that most of the children have left the nest. This was touched on when Leon left, but not much with C or J's kids. 

Divorce or unsealing is not uncommon in polygamy. Meri's Dad's 4 other wives left him. Bonnie stayed. Christine's mom Annie left, Annie's mom left the LeBaron in Mexico, and remarried into a polygamous family in UT or ID. 

I hope TLC touches on that in seasons to follow. The decisions they make or made are not uncommon in the accounts I have read. 

Two topics they could develop, imo.

• Like 5
  • Useful 9
7 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

But even better, I'd like to never see them on my TV again for any reason!!!

I'd like to never see ANY of them on my TV again for any reason.  This show ceased to be of interest to me about 200 seasons ago.  Tp me there is nothing special or interesting about any of them and I refuse to subsidize their entitlement.

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1

You don''t.  Hopefully, TLC will pull the plug on this show and old Douchecanoe and Sobbyn will have to get REAL JOBS!!!!!

The show is cheap to produce, and the Browns were willing to take a paycut. And we know they are still filming. I'm thinking this season will get good ratings because of the drama, same as last season. They are not going to cancel the show. TLC seems to be struggling to find another another show as popular as 90 Day Fiance originally was. They even brought back another reality show that was long dead, so they're obviously desperate for content. 

I'm curious to hear what Meri's attitude is this season as she FINALLY accepts that it is over with Kody. 

Is this show still a year behind in what they are going to show us?

• Like 7
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Looks like it is picking up late 2021, where it left off.

Thanks.  I thought they were getting close to two years behind.  I hope they take some big time leaps forward this season.

• Like 11

Riveting……..

Season 18 Episode 2: Thanks for Nothing - 08/27/2023

Christine and Kody struggle to keep things cordial. Then, Kody regrets the family being separated at Thanksgiving, and Paedon updates Christine on a situation between the kids and Robyn. While Aurora gets her ears pierced, Kody reveals part of his past.

• Fire 1
  • Useful 8
  • LOL 2
11 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Riveting……..

Season 18 Episode 2: Thanks for Nothing - 08/27/2023

Christine and Kody struggle to keep things cordial. Then, Kody regrets the family being separated at Thanksgiving, and Paedon updates Christine on a situation between the kids and Robyn. While Aurora gets her ears pierced, Kody reveals part of his past.

I was about to post "sounds riveting" before I realized you wrote "riveting" above LOL

ETA and I'm here for all of it hahahaha

Edited by Teafortwo
  • Like 6
On 8/11/2023 at 6:11 PM, Kellyee said:

The show is cheap to produce, and the Browns were willing to take a paycut. And we know they are still filming. I'm thinking this season will get good ratings because of the drama, same as last season. They are not going to cancel the show.

I see your point and I'm afraid you're right about not cancelling. But that really leaves me wondering about future content once Christine is married and Janelle and Meri have settled somewhere.   You can't build a reality tv show around ordinary people who are living a normal life. And that's what they all have become.  You need drama or a special lifestyle.

I'm sure TLC is aware of that, so either they are working toward a close of the series or they're trying to conjure up some new drama. I also suspect that they were (and maybe still are) hoping that one of the kids will have enough reality appeal to start a spin off.  I have seen mentions of Mykelti doing so, but that leaves me with the same question: What makes her life reality tv worthy? How is the life she is currently leading any different from other young families?

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, Absolom said:

I don't think I can tolerate Mykelti and I know I have no tolerance left for Tony.

I liked Tony at first. It's ok to be not cookie cutter  and Mykelti didn't  seem like she conformed. Then I watched a couple of the MykelTony Patreons. STFU Tony. She's all breastfeeding while he interrupts, corrects her. Stick a taco in it. I feel for her. She has 4 dependents now. 

• Like 15
18 hours ago, LilyD said:

I see your point and I'm afraid you're right about not cancelling. But that really leaves me wondering about future content once Christine is married and Janelle and Meri have settled somewhere.   You can't build a reality tv show around ordinary people who are living a normal life. And that's what they all have become.  You need drama or a special lifestyle.

I'm sure TLC is aware of that, so either they are working toward a close of the series or they're trying to conjure up some new drama. I also suspect that they were (and maybe still are) hoping that one of the kids will have enough reality appeal to start a spin off.  I have seen mentions of Mykelti doing so, but that leaves me with the same question: What makes her life reality tv worthy? How is the life she is currently leading any different from other young families?

I don’t think this current generation of Browns will ever be ordinary people who are living a normal life. Even if they are, they will be able to gin up some sort of drama for the cameras. Having kids with Kody binds all four wives to him forever; there can always be drama around family interactions. 

I do think that every tv show has a shelf life and the Browns have long outlasted theirs but like a lot of shows, I think it will go at least one or two seasons beyond when it should have stopped. It is cheap to produce; the family is willing and TLC needs to fill air time. 

• Like 8
  • Sad 2
29 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I do think that every tv show has a shelf life and the Browns have long outlasted theirs but like a lot of shows, I think it will go at least one or two seasons beyond when it should have stopped. It is cheap to produce; the family is willing and TLC needs to fill air time. 

TLC will continue as long as they have sufficient profit margin.  If they start losing money on SW, the show will be gone before we can blink.  

Unlike regular TV where the quality of the show has some bearing on decisions, most reality shows and on the cable networks particularly, it's really about the money.   

• Like 8
  • Useful 2
52 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I don’t think this current generation of Browns will ever be ordinary people who are living a normal life.

Except that now that the wives have fled, there isn't anything to film that can't be seen in your own neighborhood.  Their kids are all grown except one, they are just three single women with no jobs.  What's to see?  Kootie ranting about his wounded kidney can only go so far.

• Applause 2
  • LOL 14
2 hours ago, Absolom said:

Crystal Ball said Mykelti said we get this coming season that starts in a few days and at least one more.  Note this is like playing the telehone game.  

Unless they are already filming a seasons to air after the one that is about to start, I don’t think that TLC commits that far in advance.

• Like 5
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

They are so far behind in airing that they have to have already been filming to have continuity if they are going for another season.  

If they're already almost 2 years behind they might even have 2 seasons in the can already.  For at least the past 2-3 years there's been speculation over how long the show could possibly continue and every year I say the same thing.  I think there's plenty of reality gold in them thar hills left to mine with this crew, whether they're together or not.  People will tune in just to see how everyone's going to make out now that they're all split up.  It doesn't matter if it's boring.  How many seasons of Robyn sobbing about "My Sisterwives' Closet" and the fallout from Meri's catfishing episode did they milk for all it was worth and people still tuned in?  My husband didn't even watch the show for 2 years and knew exactly what was going on like he never stopped.  And yet people still tuned in, LOL.

• Like 11
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 2
On 7/31/2023 at 8:27 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

Sometimes, after years of suppressing hurt and anger, your emotions can erupt in a way that is uncharacteristic of the person.  That happened to me one time years ago.  I wasn’t proud of it, but felt it was justified.  No one who knew me would have believed it, unless they saw it.  Even my ex was shocked, since it was like s different person emerged.

That person is lurking just under the surface for me right now....thank you, menopause.  Someone is going to leave the cap off the toothpaste and I am going to shatter windows with the force of my untapped rage someday.  Yay?

21 hours ago, Orcinus orca said:

Except that now that the wives have fled, there isn't anything to film that can't be seen in your own neighborhood.  Their kids are all grown except one, they are just three single women with no jobs.  What's to see?  Kootie ranting about his wounded kidney can only go so far.

Kody has lots of other organs waiting for the knife, IMO.

Count me in as a loyal viewer who will watch this trainwreck until it derails.  The irony is, of course, that I want to watch to see Kody and Robyn deal with the fallout of the plan that Robyn put in place when she joined the family...but by watching, I am putting $0.08 cents into their weekly paychecks and I don't want that either.

Also, interesting title for Season 179, Episode One: No Such Thing as a Free Lunch.  To whom are we referring?  Kody raging at Meri for selfishly taking a percentage of the show's proceeds when he refuses to recognize her as a human being?  Christine to Kody and Robyn, telling them that they might want to dust off their resumes because without her, there's no show?  Janelle, who gave all her money to Kody and now needs some back for lunch?  I find the title amusing considering that Robyn's lifestyle has been funded on the backs of her sister wives.  If anything, it should be the OG 3 yelling that title phrase outside of Kody and Robyn's mansion as they gleefully TP the trees and egg their windows.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Like 16
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
55 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

...but by watching, I am putting $0.08 cents into their weekly paychecks and I don't want that either.

I haven't watched since season one for that reason and the fact that it gives them legitimacy.  But them I abhor influencers of all kinds so that's on me.

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, Auntie Freeze said:

Janelle looks really pretty. The blue shirt makes her eyes pop and she just looks livelier.

There was also a clip I saw of her in a gray sweater.  It was also a color that made her eyes pop.  She and Christine look so much better.  Younger and happier.

• Like 17

https://people.com/sister-wives-domino-effect-toppled-kody-brown-marriages-exclusive-7643529

Quote from Robyn: "No one should be married while they're going through a divorce"

Huh? Is this another great example of the infamous Brown logics? How the heck can you divorce when not married? or when I interpret it slightly differently: Remarry when still in the process of getting divorced? 

Am I the big idiot here? (Which is possible: no native speaker and it is 1.30 am here in Europe, so my brains have already gone to bed...)

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

I think I actually did understand it when she said it. I think she was saying that divorce is messy enough for monogamous people, and they process the upheaval and hostility as a newly single person. But people in plural marriage who split are STILL in marriages with other people, and those other people suffer the fallout as well.  In other words, SHE was dealing with the fallout. 

• Like 6
  • Useful 3
6 hours ago, kassa said:

in plural marriage who split are STILL in marriages with other people, and those other people suffer the fallout as well.  In other words, SHE was dealing with the fallout. 

Boo hoo, Robyn...always the selfish one. Cry me a river.

• Like 12
  • LOL 3