Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler, Speculation and Social Media

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, Kbo said:

First, fuck you Robyn, fuck you.

Second, it shows what matters to Robyn - living somewhere inconvenient for her family to get to. If they lived on the cul-de-sac they could have had a large outdoor space where all the family could safely meet on a daily basis. Everyone could have at least seen and talked to everyone else.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 20
23 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

"Might prevent?"  We already know Mr. Asswipe Sperm Donor wanted Ysabel to go alone across the country to get major surgery.

NOTHING will stop a loving and caring parent from being with your child in hospital. NOTHING. He could have driven there if flying really scared him. Yes, I know, huge distance, but that's what you do for your child. Heck, I would have walked if I had to.

Instead, he's hiding behind government policy: see what a good American I am, they tell me not to travel, so I won't. But he forgets that there are certain situations where traveling can be a necessity and those situations are generally accepted. Medical treatment is one, and definitely when it concerns a minor. We had an evening curfew last winter which technically confined us to our houses as of 9pm. There were a few exceptions for people who had to care for other people or animals and seeking medical treatment.

• Love 20
2 hours ago, LilyD said:

NOTHING will stop a loving and caring parent from being with your child in hospital. NOTHING. He could have driven there if flying really scared him. Yes, I know, huge distance, but that's what you do for your child. Heck, I would have walked if I had to.

Instead, he's hiding behind government policy: see what a good American I am, they tell me not to travel, so I won't. But he forgets that there are certain situations where traveling can be a necessity and those situations are generally accepted. Medical treatment is one, and definitely when it concerns a minor. We had an evening curfew last winter which technically confined us to our houses as of 9pm. There were a few exceptions for people who had to care for other people or animals and seeking medical treatment.

In this new clip it didnt seem like he was hiding behind government policy or fear. He outright said Ysabel and Christine will be gone for a month and have to quarantine before and after so "it's going to be a 6 week process and it's not good for me to be away from the family for that amount of time." 

I recognize this is prior to vaccines but he could have engaged with serial testing and at least offered Ysabel half time? Quarantine with them prior to the surgery and go on the trip for support and then fly back early if you have to. Saying flatly "no, I can't be away for 6 weeks" is essentially saying "I can't be away from Robyn's family for six weeks, but I can be away from you."

It would be different of course if Ysabel didnt' care. In my family we sent one parent with a child having surgery and left the other at home to care for the house, pets and the other older kids. Sometimes two really cannot go. But for goodness sakes this is supposed to be a perk of polygamy -- Robyn would be okay with Kody for three to six weeks - she has support. They could make it work.

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
6 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

n this new clip it didnt seem like he was hiding behind government policy or fear.

It all depends on which part of the discussion they show. I do agree he mainly uses his own fear and worry for his entire Robyn's family as a reason not to go anywhere. But he has said on a number of occasions that we are told not to travel. This to me, implies government policy and in his case the use of government policy for his own good.

And yes, going with one parent is absolutely fine but I don't think Kody was thinking about that when he spoke up. Wait...he never thinks before he speaks!  Kody only focused on the "we cannot travel-bit" and his reaction on postponing the surgery would have been fitting for a proposed trip to Disney Land during the pandemic, but not for a child who is in a lot of pain and desperate for a surgical procedure to gain a better quality of life.

The fact that Ysabel really, really wanted to have this surgery was enough proof that she had reached the limits of what she could bear. 

• Love 16
1 hour ago, LilyD said:

It all depends on which part of the discussion they show. I do agree he mainly uses his own fear and worry for his entire Robyn's family as a reason not to go anywhere. But he has said on a number of occasions that we are told not to travel. This to me, implies government policy and in his case the use of government policy for his own good.

And yes, going with one parent is absolutely fine but I don't think Kody was thinking about that when he spoke up. Wait...he never thinks before he speaks!  Kody only focused on the "we cannot travel-bit" and his reaction on postponing the surgery would have been fitting for a proposed trip to Disney Land during the pandemic, but not for a child who is in a lot of pain and desperate for a surgical procedure to gain a better quality of life.

The fact that Ysabel really, really wanted to have this surgery was enough proof that she had reached the limits of what she could bear. 

I feel like she was duped into tolerating more pain than she should have or deserved to have. As someone who’s had 2 back surgeries, I was also manipulated to try and “hold out”, meanwhile it was so bad I was thinking of ending my life and no one even asked how I was doing mentally.  I’m closing in on another possible surgery and if it gets bad enough, I’m strong enough to advocate for myself now. I felt terrible for Ysabel. 

• Love 9

In this new clip it didnt seem like he was hiding behind government policy or fear. He outright said Ysabel and Christine will be gone for a month and have to quarantine before and after so "it's going to be a 6 week process and it's not good for me to be away from the family for that amount of time." 

As though Christine and Ysabel aren't his family...

• Love 19

It all depends on which part of the discussion they show. I do agree he mainly uses his own fear and worry for his entire Robyn's family as a reason not to go anywhere. But he has said on a number of occasions that we are told not to travel. This to me, implies government policy and in his case the use of government policy for his own good.

If these idiots got their kids some health insurance instead of buying the stupid Prairie Land, Ysabel would have had her surgery before the pandemic. And that is on Christine too. But wet bars and libraries and huge homes were more important than health care for the kids. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 16

Some speculation: will we, or will we not actually see Christine leaving at the end of this season? I expect we will! The current spoilers really seem to build up towards the Brown family falling apart.

I’m also becoming more and more convinced that this wasn’t supposed to have come out until after the show. We’ve had a few clues that she left this summer but it was vehemently denied until the shocking SM message a few weeks ago at a very strange time. Some believe this was done to attract more viewers, but again I disagree. Why giving away a HUGE revelation before the show airs? It’s like knowing how a book or movie will end before you start. Last but not least; there’s a complete Brown radio silence regarding Christine. I think TLC is pretty pissed off and told them to shut the f*ck up on SM or anywhere else!

But that leaves me to another question: why did Christine break the news? It’s my guess that she was fed up playing the TLC  game and enjoyed her freedom so much that she got tired of playing hide and seek. She couldn’t of course be seen in Utah too much or start to build her life in her new hometown when nobody was supposed to know!

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
20 minutes ago, LilyD said:

Some believe this was done to attract more viewers, but again I disagree. Why giving away a HUGE revelation before the show airs?

I'm not really sure what I think yet about the timing of the announcement...I guess I haven't made up my mind yet. 

But, to speculate a bit about this question you posed, why give away such a huge piece of info? I think possibly a couple of reasons. #1, because it's hard to hide the fact that Christine is living in Utah now, unless TLC could get her to agree to live under a rock and never get caught going out for groceries...so it might get out anyway. #2, I think spilling the beans attracts A LOT of viewers, not just a few. Many people don't follow this show as closely as we do - I'm sure there are tons of viewers who barely know the names of the family members. They've probably gotten bored over the many, many seasons of this show and don't tune in anymore. I've seen people on youtube clips of the show saying "This show is nothing but a bad real estate show anymore, all these people do is move". It's been boring crap for years...this lets the casual viewer (who may have stopped watching over the years) know "hey, something's actually going to HAPPEN this season!"

By announcing it right before the season, TLC can sell their whole season of arguing over Covid and other nonsense, instead of just getting lots of viewers for the one little shot of Christine leaving that we'll probably get in the very last episode. So, why sell one episode when you can sell a whole season.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

You’ve got a few interesting takes on this Sasha🤔Reality shows do seem to thrive on showing people’s misery and it could well be that people tune in just to actually watch the marriage break down. They now know it’s going to happen. It may also draw older viewers, who abandoned the boring storyline, back in.

• Love 6

I think Christine announced the split when TLC said she could, timed to come out right before the season started. I bet her post was professionally written too. Knowing about what's coming attracts a lot more viewers.

• Love 14
17 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

He didn't need to be gone for 6 weeks.  He could have come back home after she was done with her surgery and possibly back to her aunts house where they were staying.

• Love 15
12 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

I feel like she was duped into tolerating more pain than she should have or deserved to have. As someone who’s had 2 back surgeries, I was also manipulated to try and “hold out”, meanwhile it was so bad I was thinking of ending my life and no one even asked how I was doing mentally.  I’m closing in on another possible surgery and if it gets bad enough, I’m strong enough to advocate for myself now. I felt terrible for Ysabel. 

I know how this feels and I am so sorry you had to go through this. I hope you are doing well now and wish you (and Ysabel(?)) the very best for the future.

• Love 14
3 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

He didn't need to be gone for 6 weeks.  He could have come back home after she was done with her surgery and possibly back to her aunts house where they were staying.

Yes indeed. Before Covid he did that when his favourite child Maddie gave birth to Evie. He flew out, found it was just pre-labour, flew home to his favourite wife again and wouldn't leave for NC again until eminent birth was confirmed.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 12
9 hours ago, deirdra said:

Yes indeed. Before Covid he did that when his favourite child Maddie gave birth to Evie. He flew out, found it was just pre-labour, flew home to his favourite wife again and wouldn't leave for NC again until eminent birth was confirmed.

And he could have known from the first time that Maddie is A not good at distinguishing between braxton hicks and true labor, and B is a drama queen. 

• Love 16

quote about Merifrom the article posted by iwantcookies:

But Kody told the cameras the pair now have an "amiable relationship" with "no desire or interest in a romantic relationship." And while they're "in a much better relationship" now, Kody doesn't see it becoming romantic.

Kody can keep his celestial planet while being a polygamist living a very monogamous life now. Janelle has described their relationship as businesslike, down to earth and friendship a few times, Meri is now officially a friend and Christine is gone. I’d say, Robyn: mission accomplished!🤢

• Love 16
14 minutes ago, LilyD said:

quote about Merifrom the article posted by iwantcookies:

But Kody told the cameras the pair now have an "amiable relationship" with "no desire or interest in a romantic relationship." And while they're "in a much better relationship" now, Kody doesn't see it becoming romantic.

Kody can keep his celestial planet while being a polygamist living a very monogamous life now. Janelle has described their relationship as businesslike, down to earth and friendship a few times, Meri is now officially a friend and Christine is gone. I’d say, Robyn: mission accomplished!🤢

Kody would absolutely love it if all of his wives lived in different states, far away from him. (Except maybe Robyn, but only if he gets his own house down the street from hers.)

• Love 10
1 hour ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

Kody would absolutely love it if all of his wives lived in different states, far away from him. (Except maybe Robyn, but only if he gets his own house down the street from hers.)

I noticed on the new Coyote Pass plan sketched in proposed property boundaries that Kootie's pond plot is farthest from Robyn's megaplot. Perhaps there is trouble in paradise.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 6
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, deirdra said:

I noticed on the new Coyote Pass plan sketched in proposed property boundaries that Kootie's pond plot is farthest from Robyn's megaplot. Perhaps there is trouble in paradise.

And his plot is right next to Meri’s plot. That is just weird. Meri will spend her days staring out the window trying to catch a glimpse of Kody. You would think he would want to be next to Janelle since he knows she won’t bother him. 

• Love 6
24 minutes ago, MakingBacon said:

And his plot is right next to Meri’s plot. That is just weird. Meri will spend her days staring out the window trying to catch a glimpse of Kody. You would think he would want to be next to Janelle since he knows she won’t bother him. 

I suspect he'll be on Robyn's plot, which happens to be the furthest from Meri's.  Kody's plot will just have a wooden post to hang beach towels when they swim in the runoff pond.  And maybe there will be a fire pit and a picnic table to enjoy hotdogs and s'mores.

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, MakingBacon said:

I guess he’s counting on Meri not  being home much?

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, Ms.Lulu said:

I suspect he'll be on Robyn's plot, which happens to be the furthest from Meri's.  Kody's plot will just have a wooden post to hang beach towels when they swim in the runoff pond.  And maybe there will be a fire pit and a picnic table to enjoy hotdogs and s'mores.

or 3 or 4 fire pits

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
On 11/30/2021 at 2:03 AM, Teafortwo said:

I wonder if Janelle or Robyn had covid, since Kody has said he got it. He must have spread it around. That is, if he was spending any time at all with the non-Robyn families. 

I thought it was funny that Covid apparently did make its way into the bunker and got Kody of all people, whereas the huge rule breakers* didn’t get it (or at least not as far as we know).

Rule breakers: I’ve been trying to decide whether Janelle’s and Christine’s families actually are ignoring all precautions like Kody wants us to believe. I’m not going to elaborate on that again, but they are trying with an understanding that somehow life does go on, one way or another. It’s probably more than enough in the eyes of some and definitely not enough in the eyes of others. (Robyn keeping Ari away from Meri after two weeks of quarantine, all alone) I doubt mankind will ever agree on one single covid protocol….

• Love 17
7 hours ago, LilyD said:

I’ve been trying to decide whether Janelle’s and Christine’s families actually are ignoring all precautions like Kody wants us to believe.

I think this is a very good point, and we probably each have to make up our own minds about what we believe. 

Personally I think Kody is and always has been a liar, and he has every reason to lie about this issue. He's looking for excuses to not go see his original wives and kids. He probably blows any little thing out of proportion.

Janelle has said she follows all CDC guidelines, I've seen tons of pics of her wearing a mask, etc. Perhaps she's not as careful as she thinks she is, or makes mistakes, but I think in general she's telling the truth and her intent, at least, is good.

I think Christine is quite cavalier and probably does a lot of things I would not personally do, but I also think Kody despises her at this point and can't wait for any chance to throw her to the wolves. He's going to try to make her look worse than she is.

And no one cares to fight with Meri about her personal Covid rules because no one wants to get together with her anyway.

• Love 12
On 11/29/2021 at 4:34 PM, deirdra said:

On 11/29/2021 at 8:05 PM, MakingBacon said:

On 11/29/2021 at 8:32 PM, Ms.Lulu said:

Bingo Ms.Lulu. Kody (Robyn) put the two unfavored wives on tiny plots as far away as possible from his and Robyn's future platial mansion, with passive Janelle as the buffer. And props to whomever said it before, Kootie is planning on eventually annexing those tiny lots into his plague pond lot.

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
On 12/1/2021 at 8:14 PM, Sasha888 said:

Janelle has said she follows all CDC guidelines, I've seen tons of pics of her wearing a mask, etc. Perhaps she's not as careful as she thinks she is, or makes mistakes, but I think in general she's telling the truth and her intent, at least, is good.

Janelle seems aware of the dangers she faces because of her weight; she mentioned this several times during the show as well.
To me, it feels like she is aware and is taking precautions, but she won’t allow the threat of Covid to completely take over her life. So yes, she ventures out but seems to be masked up all the time. And she may go into quarantine and social distance from others and test herself too. We simply don’t know, so it’s easy to assume the wrong thing.

Somebody out here suggested that Janelle is probably not opposed to social distancing (which is what we are lead to believe) but  opposed to social distancing within the family, which is a different matter altogether.

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
26 minutes ago, GrannySmith said:

Posted on another website is a $130,000 home equity loan taken out by Kody and Robyn two days ago. 

Another one?  Isn't that the second one on that house.  

Talking about the Browns reminds me I need to pay my property taxes.

• LOL 13
  • Love 3

If they go bankrupt, will those loans be forgiven?  I know the house can't be taken away.

From what I can see, the answer is "maybe, depending on the type of bankruptcy".  I wonder if they are getting ready to file again?

Edited by Fosca
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Fosca said:

If they go bankrupt, will those loans be forgiven?  I know the house can't be taken away.

From what I can see, the answer is "maybe, depending on the type of bankruptcy".  I wonder if they are getting ready to file again?

The house can be taken away, if their original $150K HELOC (from August 2020) is still outstanding.  It probably is, since its maturity date is April 2050, and they borrowed within 8 months of purchasing Robyn's mansion with a $225K down payment.  The value of the first loan was equal to their equity.  This 2nd loan may be equal to additional equity due to any appreciation due to the Flagstaff housing market.

Of course, the more financially-responsible strategy would have been to sell a lot or 2 or 4 from Prairie Dog Plague flats, since Kody claimed that it had appreciated so much two seasons ago.  Instead, it seems that Kody and Robyn are bleeding the beast until they default on all their loans.  Maybe that's why Janelle is storing the RV.

Grifters gotta grift.

• Love 13