Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E20: Decision Day Round One

• Start Topic

The fate of the couples' futures rests on their answers for Decision Day; with the weight of such a heavy decision on their shoulders, some look to find peace within their relationship, while others look to find a way forward and stay married

Air date: 3/6/2024

• Like 1
(edited)

Crap! Round 1 Implies further rounds. How long is it going to  take to get four couples to say NO? Maybe Round 2 includes Michael and Chloe?

Edited by Retired at last
  • Like 3
  • LOL 1
(edited)

Dr. Pia to Becca: “Tell your anxiety to shut up.”

Good grief, please don’t let her ever provide any actual counseling to a troubled person.  As for Becca, (I say this from a place of great empathy because I went through exactly this situation as a very young married woman eons ago) her desperation is more apparent than ever.  Any man who creates this kind of uncertainty and internal dissonance is simply not worth it.  You don’t need to “center yourself” or “take some time.”  You need to get the hell out of there ASAP.  Say it with me, Becca:

He. Will. Not. Change. 

Edited by VioletNevermind
  • Like 10
  • Applause 6
9 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

I don't like Dr. Pia and her stank face.  

Emily and Brennan said No.  What a relief!

Can the experts be anymore obvious when taking sides?  Wow.

• Like 16
  • Applause 3

This is exhausting. So much talking in circles so they can avoid what they don't want to come out and say plainly.

Married at First Sight: Five minute edition

Becca: sobs why don't you love me please please love me

Austin: Nah. I wanted an Insta girl who believes backward ball caps are the height of male fashion.

Brennan: You're a trashy party girl, not wife material.

Emily: You're a cold fish with the face of an evil android.

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 17
  • Love 1
On 3/2/2024 at 2:19 PM, Retired at last said:

Crap! Round 1 Implies further rounds. How long is it going to  take to get four couples to say NO? Maybe Round 2 includes Michael and Chloe?

I was hoping for a quick round of "No, thank you and you and you" followed by a cut to "four weeks later with Michael and Chloe, our last chance at success". And we're out for season, no follow-up shows. and the crowd cheers

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

I’m glad they gave Cameron the opportunity to speak first.  She was never attracted to him and clearly looked down her nose at him from day one, so she can put away that stank face after he told her he viewed her as a sister.

• Like 4
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 5

Yep, a big downer once again. And now it's getting even worse...

I'm dipping out to watch hockey instead. Hope I don't miss Lauren and what's-his-name having a dramatic, loving reunion.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
56 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

I don't like Dr. Pia and her stank face.  

Emily and Brennan said No.  What a relief!

YES, they should have said NO and then exited the room 🙄

• Like 3

Help me, Jesus.  This is just round one?!  When did this middle school cafeteria he said/she said stuff become part of the MAFS decision day viewing experience?

Also, Brennan, you would do best to just keep your mouth shut, sir.  Nothing you have to say is of use here.  

• Like 5
1 minute ago, crazyshopper said:

Clare is such a troublemaker.  She ruied her marriage, then proceeded to meddle in other people's marriages.

Well, she’s a Therapist, so there you go.  Anyhow, I was distracted with all the boobage going on with Emily and Lauren.

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

Dr. P looks so defeated this episode. She looks over it and ready to move on. Please take the other two with you. Cameron and Clare sound like they rehearsed their answers together so neither of them looked bad.

I don’t think Austin has any intention of working on things together. He just didn’t want to look bad. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 2

I now see why Austin always wears a hat.... his hair is a mess, not sure if he has a bad haircut or just horrid unruly hair or maybe just no skills for styling it or all of the previous.

• Like 5
(edited)
6 minutes ago, crazyshopper said:

Clare is such a troublemaker.  She ruined her marriage, then proceeded to meddle in other people's marriages.

She has an annoying habit of trying to analyze the group when nobody asked her. I know it’s her profession but they’re not her clients.

Just now, crazyshopper said:

Emily's top was odd.  Lauren's top was a bobbly slightly.  

Lauren needed a bra.

Edited by Empress1
  • Like 5
  • Applause 1

Yikes everyone is fighting lol..... but in a way I get it, often people misinterpret peoples feelings.  But I'm glad Clare got called out by Cameron, she's a little bitch imo.

• Like 19

Have we ever had a "1 day past Decision Day"  gathering that was so cantankerous? Good heavens! 

Folks have speculated that Chloe may be an actress, but tonight I got a strong, strong feeling that Michael is. This happened right after his exaggerated praise of Chloe being the star to his candle, a much better person who's going to make such a difference in the world....yada yada yada. Orion makes some comment about or to Michael and Michael was looking at someone and had the biggest SMIRK on his face. As if this was all a big joke. It just left me  wondering if it was just a fun experience for him, perhaps just in it for the fame.

Then we learn that they have been having sex on the regular after the adult store excursion. Now at their 1 month anniversary mark Chloe asked if today was Decision Day, what would your answer be? Michael: not enough data right now to make a decision.

Are you kidding me? He's all schmoopy, lovey dovey, complimentary, but is unsure? 

What a complete farce this season has been!!!!

• Like 5
  • Applause 5
  • Love 2
58 minutes ago, ECM1231 said:

Have we ever had a "1 day past Decision Day"  gathering that was so cantankerous? Good heavens! 

Folks have speculated that Chloe may be an actress, but tonight I got a strong, strong feeling that Michael is. This happened right after his exaggerated praise of Chloe being the star to his candle, a much better person who's going to make such a difference in the world....yada yada yada. Orion makes some comment about or to Michael and Michael was looking at someone and had the biggest SMIRK on his face. As if this was all a big joke. It just left me  wondering if it was just a fun experience for him, perhaps just in it for the fame.

Then we learn that they have been having sex on the regular after the adult store excursion. Now at their 1 month anniversary mark Chloe asked if today was Decision Day, what would your answer be? Michael: not enough data right now to make a decision.

Are you kidding me? He's all schmoopy, lovey dovey, complimentary, but is unsure? 

His ego is overwhelming, if you can’t show your spouse some vulnerability and answer a question like that you’re not going to have a good relationship, of course he had to control the narrative, sadly. 

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

Neither Becca nor Austin looked happy saying Yes.  They just did it for the cameras to look like they're trying.  I doubt they're together now.

You mean they were concerned about the optics? 🤔

2 hours ago, kristen111 said:

I was distracted with all the boobage going on with Emily and Lauren.

I was seriously so distracted with Emily's weird peekaboo blouse that I didn't notice Lauren's. 

2 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I don’t think Austin has any intention of working on things together. He just didn’t want to look bad. 

Sounds very on-brand for him.

• Like 9
  • LOL 1
(edited)

Pre-Reunion Thoughts:

EMILY: Thank you, Lord, for giving this girl some clear-eyed vision to see Brennan for what he is!

BRENNAN: 🎶 LIAR, LIAR!👖ON 🔥! 🎶 Gotta love Brennan's twisted definition of "protecting": "I'm protecting you FROM NASTY ME by refraining from saying aloud what I really think of you, because it would comprise only insults." He does have an evil genius, though, for saying actual words in a correct grammatical sequence that mean nothing! Literally nothing! Take your priss-pot pursed lips and barely-suppressed rage and GTFOOH!

BECCA: Is a First-Class MORON who now deserves every jot and tittle of Bad Austin! Get off my screen, the bothayas!

AUSTIN: Is a First-Class GASLIGHTER who now deserves our universal opprobrium!

CLARE: You done effed-up, Sister. Your regret was palpable, as you sat there all dolled-up in hopes of re-attracting Cameron, who being a gentleman spoke first and saved you from the embarrassment of admitting your now-unrequited affection for him. 

CAMERON: Bike Boy's life-and-death scare concentrated his mind wonderfully enough for him to see 💡 that his endurance of Clare's cold shoulder could lead to some future warm embraces by others. 😉 See you around, "Sis"! 

FIRST GLIMPSE AT REUNION:

LAUREN and EMILY: Seriously with those tops, Girlfriends?! 👀 I think I'm now watching MAFS: AUSTRALIA! 😄😄😄

BECCA: FINALLY her hair, cut and color, looks nice! 

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

GROUP REUNION.....

BECCA: Find your voice, dammit! Tell that lying MFer where to get off! Your intuition is CORRECT: Austin and that producer did not "meet by accident"; it was a surreptitious date! GET A D-I-V-O-R-C-E!

ETA: Or were they Emily and Brennan?? DEMMIT, I STILL cannot get those paired names straight! 

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Like 1
  • Applause 3

I was suffering from mild food poisoning last night but I think this episode would have made me feel sick to my stomach anyway....🤮

So Austin is called out as a BS artist by the experts who then encourage them to say yes anyway?  You can't make this shit UP!  No wonder Becca doesn't know which end is up anymore!

Thank goodness it looks like by the end of the episode Becca was finally waking up.  But she STILL didn't technically say "No" even after the others caught him in a lie right in front of her!  Unbelievable!  What is wrong with her?  By now she should have made her dramatic exit!

The way Clare and Cameron were arguing was confusing until I applied my theory that they both had agreed off camera not to throw each other under the bus, which of course both of them did anyway and now they're angry at each other for it.  Wah, wah.  I am convinced that BOTH of them were just trying to look good for the camera and guess what?  Both of them failed!  The real issue there was zero attraction on either end.  No shame in that but why all the BS?  They both made themselves look bad and it looks like they both got what they deserved.  Hate to say it but even Cameron with all his lofty talk was full of shit too.

I'm beginning to think Brennan IS an evil android.  By the end of the episode I was seriously worried for Emily's safety.  My husband says he feels sorry for any woman that would ever get involved with him.

6 hours ago, crazyshopper said:

Emily's top was odd.  Lauren's top was a booby sling.

Emily's top was what Stacy and Clinton would have called a "boob window".   Just no.  Talk about the wrong choice for Decision Day!  Brennan was evil but she can be clueless.  A match made in hell.

And yes to side eyeing Michael and his BS about how wonderful Chloe is and then saying he doesn't have enough info.!  I still think both of them might be actors.

Another week of this torture?  My god, how we've let ourselves become masochists!

• Like 1
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, VioletNevermind said:

He. Will. Not. Change. 

My thoughts exactly!!! Like, when have we ever seen things magically get better once the cameras are gone??? I just don't understand that approach. It makes no sense! What was the point of the first 8 weeks? To act like everything's fine & that's it? 🤨 If he was trying to look good on camera, he failed. She was right to question it.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I did notice that Lauren put a jacket over those boobs.  So there's that.

Plus, it probably was 20 degrees there and Claire is walking in without a jacket and strapless dress.

This show is not what it used to be.  All scripted and lies.  What’s the point?

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
6 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

BECCA: Find your voice, dammit! Tell that lying MFer where to get off!

When someone asked her what she was saying and she replied “I’m saying … a lot of mean stuff!” I rolled my eyes to the sky. Just tell him she’s out! He’s not going to fight for her and she needs to get some self-respect. If she really thinks he was on a date with this producer, if she thinks he cheated on her (sexually or not; she clearly is not okay with him being out with this producer socially, particularly since he didn’t tell her about it), there is no reason for her to be there. She just said she didn’t want a marriage like theirs had been, she wanted to move forward, and he’s doing the same shit he was doing that upset her. This is what it is. Better to get out now before their lives are more intertwined.

I’m trying to hang in there with Becca because unrequited feelings is a shitty place to be in, but if she were my friend I’d be reaching the point where I say “I don’t know what else you want me to say. We’ve had this conversation before. You know I think you should end it, so … 🤷🏾‍♀️” 

• Like 5
  • Applause 5
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, ECM1231 said:

my take is that he doesn't know if the relationship will last but will see how it goes until decision day and will be able to give a better answer then.

after seeing the other couples implode, well, more so the mean girl brigade, that would make anyone wonder what to think

• Like 5
  • Applause 1

Brennan's "reflection" was HILARIOUS!!! Before, he would run & not give it his all or give it a full chance, but now sees the value in that?!!! HA! HOW DID HE DO THAT?!!! Is anyone gunna bother to ask him that?!!! We're rapidly running out of time!!! My best guess is had it been "real life," he would've ghosted or ended it. He stayed because he was convinced to & obligated to, not to give it a chance. Emily's assertion is correct! & WHAT is the value in "not running"? What other bs can he say??? I disagree with that assessment. It's a failed experiment because the outcome is the same. I've experimented with continuing on when I would normally leave just to confirm the probable outcome & I have, no more experiments necessary. 🤣 It's a matter of mindset & if you really want to & can work with the person. He was always out & that was never gunna change. She's right about possibly changing things he didn't like & really mattered, he never even gave her the chance to by not telling her. These fools think "bad" habits are part of who the person is & they don't want to change them. That's WRONG! Some things can be changed/improved & it might not be changing who a person is & so what if it does if it's for the better? Don't you want someone to be better? They think their stranger spouse is just gunna be & do everything they like?!! GET REAL!!!!!!

• Like 1

What the helllllll?!!!! WHY was Austin lying about meeting up with producer?!!! SHADY!!!! Then when Becca asked why he's not being honest he deflected asking when he's ever said anything "defamatory, bad, or insulting"? WHAT?!! ANSWER THE EFFING QUESTION LIAR!!! Their D Day was reminiscent of Alexis & Justin & similarly crashed & burned shortly after. 😬 I feel like women unleash when they're done because they're not supposed to if they want to stay together, they're supposed to keep everything in check. It's refreshing to see the realness even though it signifies the end to the illusion. It was a strange end that neither of them would say it, but alluded to it. Like a bad game of ping pong. She still wasn't strong enough to outright say it's over. Just that he'll find someone. So awkward they hashed that out in front of everyone, with the other women chiming in while their relationship blew up. Bet Michael & Chloe wished they weren't there. 😅 Orion was probably relieved he wasn't in any drama.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

Clare comes off as a bitch in my book.  I agree that Brennan and Austin have done some shady stuff.  But it was like the mean girls club at that meeting.  I am glad Cameron walked away.  

• Like 13
  • Applause 5
  • Love 1
(edited)
12 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Well, she’s a Therapist, so there you go.  Anyhow, I was distracted with all the boobage going on with Emily and Lauren.

As was I! I'm waiting for one of them to appear in a LOVE IS BLIND-style boob sling!

I also found it odd that Claire decided to wear a strapless dress for D Day when there was obviously snow on the ground.  Aren't they cold??

ETA: I see Kristen111 made the same observation.  But the LIB boob sling is the final frontier when it come to revenge-motivated boobage display.

Edited by Alexander Pope
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
(edited)

If Becca and Austin agreed that they were going to stay married, then why weren't they together that night? That should have been Becca's first red flag for this round. Why was he available to date or meet up with a producer (who will maybe lose her job now?). I personally hated the jumping on Austin and the way Becca confronted him in the group. Sure, she needed her pack of mean girls to egg her on, but I don't think that setting was appropriate. Maybe that was part of the deal she made with production if they agreed to say yes on D Day.

I LOVED that Cameron spilled Clare's secret that she hadn't been attracted to him since Day 1, which we all knew. Then she showed up with a dress that she had to keep pulling up and no jacket in Denver, but he wasn't the slightest bit interested. I don't think they will be spending much time together, even as friends. Go, Cam!

I missed the first few minutes - did they even mention Lauren and Orion? I was so glad to not have to rehash that mess, although Lauren now is open to reconnecting. Yuck!

The way everyone was sucking up to Emily reminded me of the season when they did that to Haley and totally trashed Jake (thanks, @Alexander Pope), who I liked! I never liked that Haley and get the same vibes from Emily.  She is NO angel, although Brennan was done after the honeymoon. I am glad she mentioned going to therapy (or was that Becca? They both need it.), so that maybe they can find what they want and how to attract that. Desperation doesn't work. Either does drunken "party girl."

Next week I will definitely record and FF through if they are going to be spending significant time with Chloe and Michael. I don't like her at all and he is just ridiculous. At least they are having sex, I guess. 

And, why didn't I ever realize how short Dr. P was????? I hope they get new experts next time. That sex dr. didn't have much to work with this season - no one wanted any. Well, none of the men anyway. Which, I do appreciate that they didn't all just jump on what was being offered. It was those optics, you know.

Edited by Retired at last
  • Like 11
  • Applause 3
(edited)

That whole fight between Austin and Becca was so badly edited.  It looks like its all happening at once but if you watch closely he is wearing just a shirt at one point and then she yells at him and when he responds he is wearing a coat.  Then a minute later he is in a chair when prior to that he was on the couch. 

Clearly something has been going on with this producer all season, even if its just a crush on Austin's part. Otherwise why would Becca care?  Also it's strange that with all of the hundreds of bars in Denver, they all just happen to run into each other at the same one.  I would think Brennan and Austin would go as far away from the apartments as possible so they would have no chance of running into anyone from the show.  Sort of makes you wonder if they often hang out with the crew after filming is done, even during the season. 

Edited by Katie111
  • Like 6
  • Useful 4
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

The way everyone was sucking up to Emily reminded me of the season when they did that to Haley and totally trashed her husband, who I liked!

Yeah, with Haley and her husband, I felt like he was a nice guy stuck in a bad situation (they were incompatible and Haley treated him like shit) but Haley wasn’t a nice person, period. With Emily and Brennan, I don’t see her as a victim either - I’ve never thought she was particularly nice, and she’s confusing “party girl” with “positive person.”

• Like 13
  • Applause 4
(edited)

Brennan is no prize, and we are well rid of both of them.  But I completely agree with the Jake/Hailey comparison.  All that wiping away of Emily's tears at the end and treating her like a victim, along with Dr. Pia's obvious rage at Brennan was really gross, and I actually think it was sexist.  At least Pepper offered Brennan support as well.  

I did however give Emily credit for going over to Brennan at the mean girl rooftop party, showing him some affection, and taking some accountability.  She got major points from me for that.

Edited by Alexander Pope
  • Like 10
  • Applause 2

No one has commented on the fact that Austin kept saying I don't know, when Becca asked where he was last night. You don't know? What are you, 6 years old? He said it twice. He was like a deer in the headlights. Not a bright one, that Austin. Becca definitely got some bolstering from having her girl squad there. The whole dynamic was very girls against boys. Not that I see a problem with that.

Emily's top was a crime against fashion. Where does she buy her clothes? 

Clare and Cameron sure were blowing sunshine up each other's asses when they met with the "experts". What a crock. It is clear they loathe each other.

Brennan has really convinced himself that he was trying. Another sign of his pathology. Yes, he's a dick, but I think with a better match he wouldn't be so bad.

• Like 8
  • Applause 3

I liked Brennan and I don't think he's an evil android.  He was done with Emily about 10 minutes after he met her and was trying to deal with the fact that he publicly stated that he'd be married for life.  That was his biggest mistake.  It was nice to see their friendly parting at the end though. 

I loved Cam calling out that know-it-all bitch Clare.  You go Cam!  And take care of yourself. 

• Like 10
  • Love 4

I really don't care for any of these participants.  However, I was surprised by Dr. Pia's obvious bias against Brennan.  These participants must have signed iron clad contracts as I can't imagine any reason most of them stayed in the decision day meetings with the 'experts' as well as the final confrontation at the 'party.'  I would have walked away from the final confrontation even as an innocent bystander as it was too accusatory and out of place.  Why do some of them feel the need to continue to point out all of the 'faults' of the spouse they are soon divorcing.  Have some dignity and just move on.  Ganging up on others is never a good look no matter who is right/wrong.

Oh, and when someone self-identifies how wonderful they are, I have found that it usualy means they ... aren't.  Emily and her 'most positive' and 'life of the party' kind of means she isn't.  Clare and her being 'so empathetic and caring' again, means she isn't.  Oh, and that she thought her right to have access to Cameron during his recovery trumped his need to be alone?  I don't see how that is empathetic or caring.  If someone doesn't want to see you after heart surgery and during recovery-listen to that person!

• Like 8
  • Applause 4
6 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

I really don't care for any of these participants.  However, I was surprised by Dr. Pia's obvious bias against Brennan.  These participants must have signed iron clad contracts as I can't imagine any reason most of them stayed in the decision day meetings with the 'experts' as well as the final confrontation at the 'party.'  I would have walked away from the final confrontation even as an innocent bystander as it was too accusatory and out of place.  Why do some of them feel the need to continue to point out all of the 'faults' of the spouse they are soon divorcing.  Have some dignity and just move on.  Ganging up on others is never a good look no matter who is right/wrong.

Yes, and that's exactly why Dr. Pia should be fired.  No one should be treated like she treated Brennan.  

• Like 12
(edited)
1 hour ago, Crashcourse said:

Yes, and that's exactly why Dr. Pia should be fired.  No one should be treated like she treated Brennan.  

Very unprofessional in many ways.  Sex is not the only answer to a successful marriage.  

Edited by kristen111
  • Like 4
  • Applause 2
(edited)

I’m glad to see that I’m not the only one whose 🤯 whenever the “experts” start yelling at people to reflect on their mistakes and work on themselves.  They make poor matches, say the exact same things year in and year out, never admit error, and then pretend that it’s surprising that so few couples work.  Expert heal thyself.

Edited by call me ishmael
Grammar
  • Like 7
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 4
  • Love 2