Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E23: Top 12: Results

• Start Topic

So I didn't miss anything important. I want an America's Got Talent that has absolutely no singers. They're boring, and they never sing all that well anyway. Oh hey, what about the acrobatic act? How did they do? I forget their names. Their performance was pretty awesome. I still didn't like them as much as Kenichi Ebina, but they were my second choice to advance.

• Love 2

Sorry to see three singing acts in the finale. There are other shows for them!

Yes, so many other shows for them! Not only hate that there are three singers in the final but that Miguel took a spot that should have gone to Emil and Daniel.

I wasn't watching, how did Mara Justine take being eliminated?

Edited by parrotlover
  • Love 5

From what I saw of the Snapple save vote, Miguel was trailing both E&D and Sons of Serendip.    I guess the jidges were going to leave the final vote to America, because it made no sense for Howie to suddenly choose E&D when he said Miguel was the next big thing.   Well, Miguel seems like a nice guy, so I will give him that.  

The highlight of the show for me, besides two of my favorites getting through, Emily and Acro Army, was Jackie Evancho.  She has grown into a gorgeous young lady and still just as sweet.   And that voice!  But then I love her style of singing.  

So I guess five out of six of my faves making it through was not bad.  I did feel so sad though for Christian and Scooby.  It was a correct choice, but still. sigh.  I think it is a pretty decent final five at least.   But wow - this has been a long, long, LONG season.  

• Love 2

Aren't there four singing acts in the final six? I didn't catch the whole results,show, but I thought the final six were Emily West, Quintavious, Sons of Serendip, Miguel, Acro Army and Mat Franco. Four singing acts, acrobats and a magician. Sigh.

Count me as someone who was confused by the ace of spades in Mat Franco's mouth - was it supposed to be Howard's card? Why didn't anyone mention it?

Count me as someone who was confused by the ace of spades in Mat Franco's mouth - was it supposed to be Howard's card? Why didn't anyone mention it?

I think Mat's act last night was the weakest he has done.  The card trick to the home audience was kind of obvious because the King of Hearts appeared towards the end and he seemed to linger on it just a split second longer than the other cards.  Executed well but obvious in its execution. 

And the card on his head was kind of confusing...but I didn't notice it was a mistake at first.  I'm guessing they didn't realize it at first either which is why it wasn't mentioned.  He just had Howard pick out the card again and he resumed the act before anyone realized something was off.

Howard is always praising him for being so professional and I think it's places like this where it really comes through. He projected confidence throughout his mistake and is really good about getting the judges/audience to go along with him even when things are going wrong.  It's why he's my favorite of the finalists.

And there are four singers.  Miguel, Emily, Quint and SoS.  Only Mat and AcroArmy are 'variety.'  Disappointing.

• Love 4

Unless I missed something, tonight was actually the most composed she's been during a results show all season. She wasn't blubbering while waiting for the results for once and didn't cry onstage after being eliminated. Emily went over and hugged her and then Mara walked off stage. I'm so disappointed that she and Christian both kept it together in front of the cameras. I wanted some meltdowns, damn it.

Well, it stinks that there are so many singing acts in the final, but evidently that's what America wants. I think it's what another poster said a few weeks ago, viewers are used to judging singers and not so used to judging variety acts. And it's hard to stack up the one against the other. It's a pity, because this is one of the only places for variety acts to be seen on TV, let alone compete for a prize. It would be good if the show could do something to stem the tide, but I frankly don't see it happening. They gush over the singers just as much as America seems to.

I thought the magicians might split the vote. Why couldn't it have been the singers? None of them are all that in my opinion. I hope Acro Army or Mat win the whole thing. Mat has to step it up, though. Last night's trick wasn't his best. Not for the type of show they envision for the winner.

• Love 1

I don't count Sons of Serendip as a singing act. They're a music act, but I think the instruments are just as important as the vocals. 

I'm a little surprised Mat Franco went through and Mike Super didn't, given that Mike Super did a solid trick and Mat Franco had a mistake, but Mat Franco did a really good job of covering his mistake. I had read about it before I saw the YouTube, so I could tell, but he spun it into the next move almost seamlessly. I don't think I would have picked up on it if I hadn't already read about it. 

• Love 3

I don't like that there are four singing acts in the finale eiher, but I think part of that is because the X factor got canned.

I am  almost postitive,  Simon Cowell would have steered Emily West, Mara, Quintavious and Miguel to tthe X factor.

• Love 1

I'm sure happy to pick up what went on here.  I get involved with G Ramsey and with Penn and Teller on other channels and just can't pay attention.  Penn and Teller was good.  Ramsey gets less wrinkled all the time.  Amazing.  Now that's a magic trick.  I could not stand the Justine kid.  And I just can't seem to pay attention to AGT like I should.  Too much crap and back story for me.

• Love 2

Today. 12:08 am

Well, it stinks that there are so many singing acts in the final, but evidently that's what America wants. I think it's what another poster said a few weeks ago, viewers are used to judging singers and not so used to judging variety acts. And it's hard to stack up the one against the other. It's a pity, because this is one of the only places for variety acts to be seen on TV, let alone compete for a prize. It would be good if the show could do something to stem the tide, but I frankly don't see it happening. They gush over the singers just as much as America seems to.

I think that is part of the problem with the judges.  They gush over all the singing acts and are hyper-critical of the variety acts.  I think America made it loud and clear they did not want Miguel and the judges could have let him go last night but they put him through not America.  The judges need to go on a singing show. 

That said the singers that did get through are good and deserve to be in the finials I just wish it was on a different show.  I for one would have loved to have seen a showdown between the 3 magicians.  Now that would have been entertaining! 

• Love 6

Unless I missed something, tonight was actually the most composed she's been during a results show all season. She wasn't blubbering while waiting for the results for once and didn't cry onstage after being eliminated. Emily went over and hugged her and then Mara walked off stage. I'm so disappointed that she and Christian both kept it together in front of the cameras. I wanted some meltdowns, damn it.

I thought that the show did Mara a solid by putting her in the first group and eliminating her right away. They often save the kids for last so they can spend a whole extra hour working themselves up. 

I was surprised to see Mara paired with Emily for her elimination. I thought they'd put her next to Quintavious since they were both kid singers. I expected that so completely that when they put Mara next to Emily I wondered if Quintavious somehow hadn't gotten through.

I don't count Sons of Serendip as a singing act. They're a music act, but I think the instruments are just as important as the vocals. 

Agreed. Their instruments are a bit out of the mainstream, too. How often do you see a music group so reliant on a harp as a signature sound in every piece? I don't see Sons of Serendip fitting right in on American Idol like I do Miguel, Emily, etc.

That said the singers that did get through are good and deserve to be in the finials I just wish it was on a different show.  I for one would have loved to have seen a showdown between the 3 magicians.  Now that would have been entertaining! 

A magic on magic final showdown would have been so much fun!

I guess I should be grateful that one magician got through as well as AcroArmy. 

Last night made it more clear to me than ever that Miguel's rebranding is a mistake. He has a big, bright smile and a bear hug for everyone whether they beat him or he beats them. They should have kept selling him as the nice young man working construction to help support his younger siblings instead of as an angry outsider. Maybe that's why he's shown no connection to his music lately-- because he's NOT a brooding malcontent. 

• Love 3

Ugh, so annoyed that Miguel made it through.  It puts us one step closer to my prediction that he is going to win the whole damned thing.  He seems like a nice kid, he's a decent singer, and he's cute but I don't think he has any place competing on and/or winning this competition. Emil & Dariel should have gotten the nod.  

I want Acro Army to win the whole thing. I'm obsessed with them.  They're amazing, despite the shittastic camera work that happens (because we all want to see Heidi and Mel instead of the cool stuff going on during the act...)

• Love 1

Unless I missed something, tonight was actually the most composed she's been during a results show all season.

This makes me wonder how much the meltdowns are encouraged for the cameras.  Of course, after a few near-misses, she's probably as prepared as she would be to go home, and her friends can point out how the sound system worked against her ("next time you see Ariana Grande, you can complain together!").

Jackie Evancho and the young musician from a few weeks ago have both grown in talent; it's MORE evidence that there should be an age limit.  

Also count me in for wanting to have seen a magic-off in the finals.  One problem with the singers is the people who want most, but not all, of the singers to go.  (I'm in this camp; I like Emily West--but I'd have rather seen her win X Factor (partly because then there'd have been an act on X Factor I could want to win.)

Dammit, I was honestly hoping for an E & D pairing with Yo Yo Ma for the Grand Finale Results show.

ETA: I also don't consider Sons of Serendip a "singing" act as such. Is there such a  category as "unexpected musical ensembles"?  Whatever; if they or AcroArmy or even Emily (yes, I, too, am making an Emily exception in my AGT Singer Hate) win, then I'll be okay with this season. Not great, but okay.

Edited by A Boston Gal
  • Love 3

So disappointed the both SOS and E&D were in the Snapple save with Miguel.  SOS & ED were my favorites so I knew one would go home and Miguel would go through.  Heidi IMO hurt E&D chances in the voting the night before.  She was the last judge to give her criticism and it wasn't good. 

• Love 3

Maybe he means Emily that already has recorded albums, been on billboard, MTV, etc Vs. the other "unknowns"

Acroarmy is Cirque du Soleil type of act, they seemed young I don't know if they performed professionally before AGT

Count me in as one who was bummed that 4 musical acts were included in the finale and only one magician.  Bah humbug!  I can take or leave Emily West - I've liked some of what she's done but I hated "Nights in White Satin."  I like Quintavius but I don't see him winning.  I like Miguel but I liked him better when he was just the doofy kid with the beanie playing guitar.  Sons of Serendip are my favorite of the four.  Would have liked to see them plus Matt Franco and Mike Super and David & Leaman.  A "Magic-Off" would have been great.

Am I the only one who was really really annoyed by that whole stupid Snapple Saves?  WTF?  Seriously, what is the point of having people vote if they're just going to ignore the vote?  The top 6 vote getters should have been the final 6.  None of this stupid "on the bubble."  If you were No. 7 in the voting, you're out.  Period.  What if E&D were actually 6th in the original voting and Miguel was 5th?  How fair would it be that they were eliminated?  And the judge's pick should have been retired a long time ago.  As often as I've watched this show, I can't remember them ever once not ending up in a tie and throwing it back to the audience vote.  Just go with the audience vote and stop the ridiculous faux voting. 

Edited by LadyMustang65
  • Love 4

I'm in the "No More Singers" Camp. If a singer has to win this season, give it to Emily West. Sons of Serendip are sublime, and will be fine after this show is over. They gotta do something about that name. It is straight up bad. I'm sure there is some kind of backstory, etc., but, no. 

• Love 2

Acroarmy is Cirque du Soleil type of act, they seemed young I don't know if they performed professionally before AGT

Most/all of Acro Army are members of the US Sports Acro national team.  Several of them have medals from the World Championships. So while  all are not technically paid professionals, they certainly are polished at their craft.  

• Love 1

After this awful season I'm just relieved that five of the final acts are reasonable choices.  I'm okay with Emily, Quintavious, AcroArmy, Sons of Serendip and Mat.

If Miguel wins, I will send an invitation to Godzilla to come and eat Radio City Music Hall.  And snack on Howie, too, while you're at it, Godzilla. 

• Love 5

Finally had a chance to watch; I'll be honest: I watched the results show without watching some of the actual performances, so I'm just commenting on MY opinions of who got through. I did watch a couple of my favourites on Hulu so I could see their performances but had no desire to see Mike Super, Mara Justine and a couple others.

I'd be okay with Emily West winning, even though I am violently, morally opposed to singers on this show. I like her enough that I'll make an exception. I don't consider Sons of Serendip a singer since the musical instruments are just as compelling as the lead singer's voice; I really like them.

I like Quintavious and I think he's a cool kid, but I don't want him to win. Ditto Miguel; he's a nice young man, but I don't like his song choices (Gimme Shelter? just, no) and I think he should've gone on The Voice instead of AGT.

I'd be super tickled if Mat the magician, Acro Army or Sons of Serendip win.... I'm sorry Emil and Dariel are not in the final 6. I've been really partial to them even when they stumble. Maybe it's because I've played cello all my life and I never tired of the sound of it.

I'm glad this season is almost over. Here's hoping that Howie and Heidi will decide to move on to other things before next season, although we all know Howie doesn't have anything else to do, I mean, since he is so NOT funny and all...

• Love 6

I've been a loyal fan and voter of this show since it began. I don't think I've ever even missed an episode- but after last night, I'm done watching this Season. For 1, that Snapple save is ridiculous to me. We ALREADY voted, why vote again? I don't know if for some reason people 30+ stopped watching?? I mean, I know Wendy left before last night, but she was funny. Maybe not to a young crowd though. Emil & Dariel were awesome- as usual. Miguel usually is too but his performance wasn't good on Tues. His looks got him into the finals. David and Leeman- their trick and execution of the trick was better than Matt Franco. Ugh! Then Christian and Scooby- one of my favorites- goes home. Now- we got Matt Franco, Acroarmy, Sons of Serendip, Emily West, Miguel Dakota, & Quintavious (I don't remember his last name, & I don't know if that's even how you spell his first one..,?)

Anyway- I also hate when singers win too. I'm just frustrated over the whole season.

Tbh, I loled when they paired her with Emily West. As she walked forward you could see all over her face that she knew she was gone. She managed to keep her composure though, thank God. I know some people love a good meltdown but I don't.

Agreed. Their instruments are a bit out of the mainstream, too. How often do you see a music group so reliant on a harp as a signature sound in every piece? 

Lord knows Florence Welch has made quite the career out of it (even if she is taking fifteen bajillion years to put out a new album).

I'm in the "No More Singers" Camp. If a singer has to win this season, give it to Emily West. Sons of Serendip are sublime, and will be fine after this show is over. They gotta do something about that name. It is straight up bad. I'm sure there is some kind of backstory, etc., but, no. 

They mentioned the backstory in an intro package, I think during the quarterfinals. Cliff Notes version is that they came together in a serendipitous way (all going to the same college, I believe) and some of them even picked up their instruments kind of by accident (the harpist only took lessons because they were free). I think I hated the name at first but I've gotten used to it now. I don't think it's as bad as everyone's saying but YMMV.

Loved Emily's rendition of Knights in White Satin..wish she had saved it for the finale. But do they have to do a new song for finale or can they recycle? If a recycle hope she goes with Chandelier although I loved the Queen song.

Last year in the final round, everyone performed twice: one new act and one revamped version of a previous act. Idk if they'll do that this year.

I guess overall I wasn't too upset by the results. I've liked Emily West since the beginning and she's the exception to my no singer rule. Mat Franco is the AGT bae right now, even if he did have a slip-up. AcroArmy have always been good, so have Sons of Serendip. I said I'd accept Quintavious as a finalist if it meant Mara Justine went home and I'm standing by that. The only one I'm meh on is Miguel, especially since he went through over Emil and Dariel. It won't be a thrilling night of television (I won't even get to watch it live since I'm going to a concert that night), but whatever.

• Love 2

Last year in the final round, everyone performed twice: one new act and one revamped version of a previous act. Idk if they'll do that this year.

If they do, AcroArmy should just redo their first audition as they didn't even air it on TV, so it will be completely new for us. Same with Q as they only aired 10 seconds of his first audition (I think it was Listen by Beyonce). Guess the producers didn't think they'd make it this far. Poor Mat Franco has a clear disadvantage though because who the hell wants to see him rehash one of his previous magic tricks? I guess he could do something like his first audition again too and just tell a different story with the cards.

America has no idea how to vote, they are always getting it wrong especially when it comes to voting people from the top 12 to the finale. Can u imagine how entertaining the finale would be if America actually got it right the last 2 years?

Last year:

1. Forte

2. Kenichi

3. Taylor Williamson

4. Kristef bros

5. Chicago boyz

6. Collins key

This year:

1. Mat Franco

2. Sons of Serendip

3. Mike super

4. Acroarmy