Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E17: Crash and Bond

• Start Topic

The couple's retreat is rocked by a life-threatening injury, which leads to new perspectives; with Decision Day around the corner, the couples work to strengthen their bonds before having to make one of the most important decisions of their lives.

Air date: 2/14/24 (♥️)

• Thanks 2
18 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

I hope Brennan doesn't feel guilt-tripped into saying "Yes" on Decision Day because of Emily's accident.  She would do him a huge favor by saying "No" first.

I thought he had to say yes because he doesn’t believe in divorce??? Anyway, they both should say no. They are horrible together.

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
50 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

I hope Brennan doesn't feel guilt-tripped into saying "Yes" on Decision Day because of Emily's accident.  She would do him a huge favor by saying "No" first.

31 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I thought he had to say yes because he doesn’t believe in divorce??? Anyway, they both should say no. They are horrible together.

I think there’s at least a slight chance that Brennan cut Emily’s brake line or something to become a widower. (Kidding! I am not adding to the conspiracy theories.)

• Fire 1
  • LOL 8
3 hours ago, JenE4 said:

I think there’s at least a slight chance that Brennan cut Emily’s brake line or something to become a widower. (Kidding! I am not adding to the conspiracy theories.)

Yeesh! Don't give him any ideas!

• LOL 5
(edited)
5 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I thought [Brennan] had to say yes because he doesn’t believe in divorce??? <snip>

Note to self:

Saying "I don't believe in (fill in the blank)" will immediately put me in Fate's crosshairs, guaranteeing my disbelief will be put to the test in the very near future. 

Edited by TwirlyGirly
  • Like 5
  • LOL 6

When Chloe was packing up to leave their honeymoon rental, she left a bunch of clothes hanging in the closet lol.  They should get better editors as well as experts.  

I say this all the time but I can't stand watching people eating on these reality shows and it happens so often.  I guess they don't realize on other regular series they don't show people eating or brushing their teeth.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

The experts have mismatched a bunch of people again, making me wonder what their objective for the show is. They have guaranteed humiliation for Lauren, Emily, and Becca by setting them up with younger men who are completely uninterested in them. At least Becca's husband likes making out with her, but he obviously is not interested in being married to her.

The experts claim they match people based on their values, but how about nailing down politics, religion, whether or not to have children, how many and when. Also, 28-year-old men are not looking to marry matronly 30-somethings. The experts seem to be pushing a weird agenda that doesn't serve the people who sign up for MAFS hoping for true love.

• Like 2
  • Fire 1
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, coconutcookie said:

The experts have mismatched a bunch of people again, making me wonder what their objective for the show is. They have guaranteed humiliation for Lauren, Emily, and Becca by setting them up with younger men who are completely uninterested in them. At least Becca's husband likes making out with her, but he obviously is not interested in being married to her.

The experts claim they match people based on their values, but how about nailing down politics, religion, whether or not to have children, how many and when. Also, 28-year-old men are not looking to marry matronly 30-somethings. The experts seem to be pushing a weird agenda that doesn't serve the people who sign up for MAFS hoping for true love.

When did Becca's husband make out with her?

• Like 2

A couple’s retreat with only one couple?  Didn’t watch last week but why is Clare even there?  Did Michael really need to wear a skirt?  I know he has a unique style but that’s a bit much for week 1. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

Give it up Orion, she's so over you already.  He has no accountability to how he behaved, the last thing he would ever deserve is a second chance because he would pull the same or similar stunt again.  Def no sympathy for the devil and I'm not sure he could ever change his behaviour - he has zero self awareness.

• Like 14
  • Applause 1

Yeah and why was Em's blood hot pink, she's def NOT Barbie.  I thought maybe it was my TV but it was pink on my other devices too, I think the colour was enhanced maybe.... oh those pesky editors lol.

• LOL 2

How is it that Orion and Lauren, a couple who are openly not even together are in every other scene!? He can’t even read the room with her. I love how she shuts it down but dude doesn’t get it.

Michael kicked bootie at the gym ninja. Chloe needed that. I did too.

Becca needs to ease up. I wouldn’t want my partner to keep on me (harass) to have sex. The more she pushes, the less he wants it. He was totally relieved when she was sick or if their talk didn’t end well so he has an excuse to blame it in her. 

• Like 10

Lauren you NEVER had a marriage so divorce shouldn't be too difficult, get over it..... and get an annulment. Sue the matchmakers!  I see where she would be disappointed in the match but no reason to wax sentimental about remaining friends with your ex.... good grief.

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
6 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

How is it that Orion and Lauren, a couple who are openly not even together are in every other scene!? He can’t even read the room with her. I love how she shuts it down but dude doesn’t get it.

Michael kicked bootie at the gym ninja. Chloe needed that. I did too.

Becca needs to ease up. I wouldn’t want my partner to keep on me (harass) to have sex. The more she pushes, the less he wants it. He was totally relieved when she was sick or if their talk didn’t end well so he has an excuse to blame it in her. 

I think they have been give a script, because honestly he is just as bad, it's not just her imo. There is nothing else going on with them other than the sex thing and a brief scene with their pet fish.  Boring.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
(edited)

So why did Becca's husband kind of apologize for his lack of performance (in front of everyone) when they already suggested it was because she was sick and throwing up.  They are getting so lost in their made up facts they can't keep up with the lies.  I'm so done, this is beyond ridiculous.

Edited by endure
  • Like 6
  • Applause 1
(edited)

Austin and Becca have just become so uncomfortable to watch.  He keeps promising to go further and never does.  He is just not attracted to her.  I don’t care how slowly he normally moves, they are married and haven’t gone past first base  after 6 weeks.  

Also, how many clothes did these people pack for a weekend? 

Edited by Katie111
  • Like 6
  • Applause 2
(edited)
On 2/14/2024 at 9:51 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

If it were the other way around, with Austin hounding Becca for sex at every turn and in every conversation, I don’t think he’d be getting the same kid glove treatment from the poseurs experts. They would tell him to stop being so damned needy horn dog.

Edited by Auntie Anxiety
  • Like 11
  • Applause 5
16 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

If it were the other way around, with Austin hounding Becca for sex at every turn and in every conversation, I don’t think he’d be getting the same kid glove treatment from the poseurs experts. They would tell him to stop being so damned needy.

Nah - they would make sure the couple knew that they could have sex because they are married. Which reminds me of something that bugged the shit out of me last week... Pastor Cal emphasizing to some couple or another that they were "allowed" to have sex because they were married. Ahem. They are "allowed" to have sex because they are consenting adults. 

The other experts have said this too and it's always bugged me. 

Thank you of rletting me vent.

• Like 1
  • Applause 4
10 hours ago, coconutcookie said:

They have guaranteed humiliation for Lauren, Emily, and Becca by setting them up with younger men who are completely uninterested in them.

Aren’t Emily and Brennan a year apart? She’s 29, he’s 28. That’s not an age difference. I don’t think Austin and Becca are far apart either (I know she’s 32 but I forget how old he is). Lauren is four years older than Orion, which can be a big gap at their ages, but they’re broken up.

10 hours ago, endure said:

When did Becca's husband make out with her?

They’ve said they make out, and there have been some shots of them kissing and then one of them kicks out the camera crew.

I had plans last night so missed the episode; are they back from the retreat?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I feel like there is such a focus on "communication" that each participant is focused on what they want to say rather than listening to the other person.  Austin was very clear that he didn't want to have the same conversation over and over, but Becca didn't "hear" that and kept pushing him for more intimacy.  Same with Orion-so worried about "communicating" how open he was to having a relationship with Lauren that he never bothered to hear her say "no."  Oh, and the endless use of cliches rather than actual real words.

Brennan is in for it now-no way he can keep any aspect of being a "good" guy when he says no on decision day to Emily after that accident.

Austin looks so much better without the hats-I don't get why he always has to wear them (even on the After Party show).  Oh, and yes, I know that was a very shallow observation on my part.

I think Michael is very performative and seeking attention (unpopular opinion), but maybe Chloe is the perfect match for him as she certainly wanted them to know that she went to parties with 'famous' people.  Why else not just say that she poured jagermeister all over herself instead of specifically stating who was there when she did it?

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, seacliffsal said:

Oh, and the endless use of cliches rather than actual real words.

I thought you were going to say the endless use of the word “like.”

Most of the time, these idiots spout a certain dialect of psychobabble new-age bullshit and I sit here wondering what the hell they are trying to say. Maybe they wouldn’t have such a difficult time communicating if they simply said what was on their minds instead of trying to elevate the conversation with nonsense words.

• Like 9
  • Love 1

I have accepted that the only way for me to watch this is to record it and ff. If I see either Lauren, whether she is in her head space or her heart space (good grief), or Orion ever again, it will be too soon. Orion is an ass and Lauren looks so frumpy with her outfits and those hideous glasses. AND THEY ARE DIVORCING, so who the hell wants to hear their advice???? Same with Clare - SHUT UP. You are separated, but only because Cam hasn't divorced you yet. And, keep them off the Afterparty. I don't want Lauren's opinion on anything or anyone. She is not the wise, experienced mentor they are painting her as.

Can anyone else understand Becca and Austin when they speak? All she does is whine and whimper and say, 'yeah," and all he does is repeat the same crap that he has said all along and she is just too desperate to maintain ANY dignity. It is horrible to watch her rejection, but, as others have said - she doesn't get it. And, yes, the more she begs, the more pressure she puts on him and the more he pulls away.

I am also tired of Michael and Chloe already. She is going to bail. She goes back and forth between thinking he is hot and then not liking the fact that he wants to borrow her clothes and accessories, as would most women. And on Afterparty, all she did was play with her hair. But, she made sure to let everyone know that they have slept together naked, but, apparently, no sex. It's interesting that he seems to be a good, decent, intelligent man, BUT. . .  So, it kind of points out how superficial people (including me) can be and what someone will put ahead of other qualities.

Emily is a mess. He is not going to stay with her, regardless of the comments he makes about thinking that she is so wonderful. His actions and facial expressions and body language do not reflect those words. And, when did she break her wrist? She has been on Afterparty with that pink cast on before. But, sometimes we have seen it and not other times.

How many more episodes are left? How many viewers are left???

• Like 3
  • Applause 3

I think two or three episodes are left.  There had to be a change in the picking this season.  It’s like they scraped the bottom of the barrel.  The “experts” were scarce.  No Pepper examining the underwear drawer, Pastor Cal looked disgusted, etc.  Very big changes.

• Like 4

Chloe bragged about her communication yet didn't tell her husband his clothes are a turn off & his dominating that course is a turn on? Yeah. Sure. Whatever. Was that tub scene supposed to be for 2??? 🤨🧐 Candles & incense to "set the mood" for just him seems strange. How unromantic! He's totally messing with her & pushing it with the clothes & accessories & he really shouldn't. She jokes to get through the discomfort. 🤷‍♀️ Didn't like her refusing him getting the door & calling him prince, like she's the man because he's wearing a skirt. 🙄 Not Lauren saying they have the same skirt! 🤣 They are really accelerated, wedding, honeymoon, & retreat within a week?!! 😳 Orion jumped to be the first to share about his failed marriage, lasting only 10 days. Then put Lauren on the spot about what HE wants. STFU! How'd Clare spin her failed marriage? At least we were spared Brennan's "friends taking it day by day" crap!

• Like 5
  • Love 1

LOVED Lauren shutting Orion down after he put her on the spot in front of the group! Seems like he just wants to be "friendly" so there's no "tension." She looks so uncomfortable when he talks & like she's trying so hard not to react & show her real emotions that's she's irritated by his BS. I'm so sick of these people not asking the real questions! Ask him WHY he wants to "find common ground" & WTF he means by that! "Build a bridge," FOR WHAT PURPOSE?!! WHY is he "missing their connection"?!! "Team up" talking to the group to say what they went through & how they got through it?!! DAFUQ?!?!! 🧐🤣 They didn't get through it, he quit! WTF is he talking about?!! He just showed how selfish, self-centered, & one-sided he is! He didn't say anything because he was scared of saying the wrong thing?!! Is he saying he puts her on the spot in front of everyone so she won't freak out on him? 🤨 What wrong thing could he say & what worse could happen? So instead he says NOTHING & how's that look?!! Like he wants NOTHING! So he doesn't get to say weeks later he wants something different when he hasn't shown that. He makes ZERO SENSE! WHY does he want to talk now?!! FOR WHAT PURPOSE?!! Because there's cameras around?! WHY didn't she just call him out & say it looks like he's putting on for the cameras & she wants no part of it!!!

• Like 3
  • Applause 4

Last week we heard Austin say to Brennan and Emily that he hoped they would crash when they went ATVing.  I was surprised he never apologized for that remark when Emily did crash.  

• Like 3

Mike didn't look to impressed with that sweater.  He looked kind of embarrassed for her when he saw her packing it.  🤣

Actually, I think they'd be a good match just for wearing weird, fugly stuff. 

• LOL 5

I think two or three episodes are left.  There had to be a change in the picking this season.  It’s like they scraped the bottom of the barrel.  The “experts” were scarce.  No Pepper examining the underwear drawer, Pastor Cal looked disgusted, etc.  Very big changes.

Chloe sure loves the camera.  Always posing with that great big smile.  She thinks she’s the cats meow.  Ugh.  I didn’t even watch the party.  More bullshit and the same people again, as always.  I can’t wait to see what Brennen does on Decision day.  Emily looks like her marriage is in the bag.  I think not.  He might stay for a few more months, then split.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2

Gah! How long was Emily in that hospital covered with blood and no one cleaned her up or even wrapped her head with gauze while waiting for stitches? The blood-matted hair is worse than the water-matted hair of her honeymoon. Someone please assist this woman! At least give her some wet paper towels to clean the blood off her face/neck.

Brennan suddenly thinks he’s meant to be in Emily’s life?!? This is like Clare suddenly caring about Cameron once he got a heart condition—but he won’t even take her calls.

Yikes! Now we know why there was so much blood! Holy smokes! That’s sweet that Emily and Brennan each have a newfound respect and caring after seeing how the other one acted during that traumatic emergency. I don’t think this is exactly the foundation of their entire marriage, but it’s nice to see while it lasts.

• Like 4

Gah! How long was Emily in that hospital covered with blood and no one cleaned her up or even wrapped her head with gauze while waiting for stitches? The blood-matted hair is worse than the water-matted hair of her honeymoon. Someone please assist this woman! At least give her some wet paper towels to clean the blood off her face/neck.

As busy and understaffed as most emergency rooms are, I'm (sadly) not surprised that no one did this. Brennan could have gotten a basin of soapy water and some towels and cleaned off her face, but I would have been wary about doing any washing near that wound until it was stitched. It had stopped bleeding and I wouldn't want to poke around it.

It did look like she was cleaned up when she got back to the house, at least a little so maybe they did it during/after they did stitches?

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

On a completely different note, I really liked Chloe's chunky, pink and white sweater. Anyone know where it was from?

A quick Google image search tells me it's Zara. It doesn't look like they sell it any longer, but it is available through eBay or Poshmark if you search "Zara Cream Pink Jacquard Cable-Knit Sweater."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
(edited)

Brennan looked bored out of his mind in that hospital room, and he's not suddenly and miraculously attracted to her now that she had an accident- especially with that big ass gash on her forehead that will require plastic surgery 😏. He might respect her pluckiness and courage in facing the injury, but he still doesn't want to be with her.  He's not a good actor and the contempt is written all over his face. 

Edited by Hip-to-be-Square
  • Like 5
  • Applause 2
(edited)
13 hours ago, kristen111 said:

I think two or three episodes are left.  

That seems reasonable - which means there are probably at least a dozen episodes left! 😂😂😂

So in what might be my unpopular opinion - I'd like to commiserate with Orion, because tonight he lost the award for Biggest Piece of Shit This Season when Austin ran in and Stole It! from him!  I still think he ditched Becca last week because she went for his dick in the night and he fled like his butt was on fire!  Then she had a "stomach bug" (or was hanging out in bed after realizing she had humiliated herself AGAIN!) and when they got back together to "communicate" about it, and she boohooed that she was so tired of feeling unwanted or whatever, that fucker had the nerve to say something like, "Well, sorry that you feel that way because I had wanted to do something sexy tonight but . . . whatever". Gaslighter in chief!  My blood boiled on that shit.  And taking her to see wolves mate was just the cherry on top of the erotic-terrarium sundae.  (although I know that was producer-forced, but clearly that dickhead has no shame at all 😡). And then on Afterparty Keisha and the other girls gave him the out of "You always seem ready and then she talks about it and your dick wilts" and he's all, "Yeah, that's the ticket!"  Even before when Keisha said something like, "When you say intimacy you're talking about sex, right?" and he has the nerve to loftily mutter something like, "Well to me intimacy is more than sex . . ."  Shut up, Austin.  Just shut it.  YTA.

Moving on to Michael and Chloe - if Michael really really wants to "find love" may I suggest that he look at Chloe:  steal her jewelry, wear her earrings, go out in public in a skirt:  we can practically see the dick that she doesn't even have go into shrinkage; beat everyone out in feats of strength and she's impressed and turned on!  When he was lounging in his tub and she went in dressed head to toe in black I couldn't help but think of Woody and Amani - and how she would have jumped into that tub with him!  Made me wonder if Michael made the mistake of modeling lingerie before he bathed (someone mentioned earlier that Pepper skipped the underpants drawers  this season - her mistake, or editing just saving this little surprise for us/Chloe?  We demand to know!!! 😃)

On to the first runner-up for Biggest Piece of Shit This Season - Orion!  When Lauren says she feels like a "partner of one" in this marriage, he's shocked and dismayed!! "I don't know why you feel that way - all I did was use a moment of vulnerable conversation to race-bait you into using a term you didn't even understand in order to lie about it's origin and then act so offended that I needed to ditch you for 2 HOURS to sulk about it and then make you repeatedly beg for my forgiveness on camera - what's wrong about that?"  Here's a newsflash, you condescending asshole, maybe apologize for doing that?  "Nah, I'll just sit here and act all pathetic and confused about it instead."  Okay.

Nothing to say about the rest of them - they are done and should go home.  I will say Clare had nice looking arm muscles in the obstacle course.

Edited by princelina
  • Like 6
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 4