Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E17: Crash and Bond

• Start Topic

(edited)
22 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I think it's the latter option.  He makes her think he finds her attractive and wants to be with her, snuggles with her, sleeps in the same bed with her, makes out with her, even acts like he's crazy about her, but then leaves her in the lurch after he's gotten her all hot and bothered by saying "it just has to be the right time", which never happens.  He is constantly reeling her in on the hook and then never following through.  He should understand that that kind of behavior on a regular basis is maddening.  A man would call a woman who did that a "cock tease".  And then to act like she's to blame for him not feeling right about having sex because she's coming on too strong is like blaming the victim in my opinion.

Totally agree.  That's why I'm not on board the "Austin is a nice guy" train!

Edited by princelina
  • Like 4
  • Applause 1

Austin and Becca are like childhood best friends who spent every day together building forts in the woods and catching frogs and are the best of buddies. Then they turn 12 and Becca has her first crush on her soulmate—but Austin is still in that phase of girls are icky and/or you’re not a girl-girl to me, you’re my best bud. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 3
23 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

Austin and Becca are like childhood best friends who spent every day together building forts in the woods and catching frogs and are the best of buddies. Then they turn 12 and Becca has her first crush on her soulmate—but Austin is still in that phase of girls are icky and/or you’re not a girl-girl to me, you’re my best bud. 

Austin and Becca (and your post above) made me think of a short picture book I read when I was a teenager long ago entitled "Hope for the Flowers".  It's about two caterpillars, Stripe and Yellow, who find an immature form of puppy love together and frolic for a while like children, but Stripe (the male) suffers from an "is that all there is?" feeling he can't let go of which thwarts him from finding true happiness and leads him away from Yellow.  Without him she discovers the process of metamorphosis, which she undergoes, and in this case is likely a metaphor for growing up emotionally and spiritually.  She then comes back to him as a full butterfly to instruct Stripe on how to achieve this state so that they can share a true mature love together, which he does.

Unfortunately Becca is no Yellow and the two of them are like lost children together and doomed to failure.

A free online view of the short picture book is here:

https://archive.org/details/HOPEFORTHEFLOWERS/mode/2up?view=theater

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Lauren's use of the buzzword, "triggered," regarding Chloe being turned off by Michael's clothes was so ridiculous!!! Like. REALLY?!! 🤨🤨 Then Chloe went along with it. HUHHH??? 🙄

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1

Austin:  "I thought tonight was going to be the night, but you always make me reject you."

Yeah, Austin, "Why do you make me do that to you?" is classic abuser lingo.

###

Was the ceremony to present Brennan's medal held off-camera? [/s]  I can't believe Brennan earned so much credit for sticking with his wife through a long stint in the emergency room.  Maybe if he'd accompanied an injured stranger to the hospital after a crash during a shared activity, okay, but doing anything otherwise in these circumstances is unthinkable.  

• Like 4
  • Applause 2

I wonder what Becca did this time to make him reject her? I KNOW - she didn't do anything to deserve abuse and that was clearly an abusive statement to turn it back on her.  I think/hope they are almost done with this farce, so he doesn't have to make up more excuses.  And she can maybe start getting some of her dignity back.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

How do they show compassion in their marriage? The singles aren't married, so why is Lauren answering? Because she planned it the activity? Uhhh. No. The chat part was so strange. Doing too much.

• Applause 1