Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E05: A Killer Move

• Start Topic

Dan acts like a big man on campus in his interviews, but he looked like he was going to shit himself, cry, throw up or do all three when pressed by the boys to share his theories and at the voting ceremony.

• Like 9
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 4
(edited)

DAMN! This was a good episode. They did well with story of the episode and building up the tension.

The only problem is have is that they're making me wait a whole entire motherfucking week to see what happens!

Edited by AntFTW
  • Like 11
  • Applause 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, QQQQ said:

Dan acts like a big man on campus in his interviews, but he looked like he was going to shit himself, cry, throw up or do all three when pressed by the boys to share his theories and at the voting ceremony.

Also suspicious is his "I don't blame you for putting my name up for nomination" which is almost trying to be too cool. 

I don't get his insistence they go after Bergie.  If Peter is trying to play you, wouldn't killing Peter be the smart move? 

I also don't love that they brought Kate back. I get she became a bit of a sensation during the first season and she was hilarious but she also couldn't stop complaining about the game. 

I'd rather they offer the ability for someone to be resurrected who had been banished or killed.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Like 10
(edited)
On 1/25/2024 at 11:09 PM, Irlandesa said:

I don't get his insistence they go after Bergie.  If Peter is trying to play you, wouldn't killing Peter be the smart move? 

It's a reasonable thing to do if Bergie is literally telling him that he's going to vote for him at every subsequent roundtable.

It's something that he has to balance because these are two seemingly unrelated things. Peter spreads his lie to set the trap. I'm not sure if Peter counted on other players making themselves bigger targets all on their own; not sure if Peter counted on Bergie telling Dan that he's going to keep voting for him, which would heighten Bergie's threat level to Dan and make Dan want to murder Bergie more.

I also don't love that they brought Kate back. I get she became a bit of a sensation during the first season and she was hilarious but she also couldn't stop complaining about the game.

I barely remember her from season 1. All I could think is that she kinda looks like Tamra.

I'd rather they offer the ability for someone to be resurrected who had been banished or killed.

Same.

Edited by AntFTW
  • Like 3

For the love of sweet baby jeebus, please let them try to murder Bergie. I am dying to see smug Dan (and his oft-bobbing Adam's apple) banished. Can't believe we have to wait an entire week! (I just binged season 1 over the last few days and have been completely spoiled.)

• Like 11
  • Applause 2
4 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

For those of us who missed the first season, I'm happy to see Kate stir up a bit of trouble...which just happens to be her middle name.

Also IMO it never works bringing back someone recently voted out because they're always out for revenge, and usually targeting the wrong person anyway.

• Like 6

Kate's constant picking at Rachel in season 1 got on my nerves.  But here, as of yet, she doesn't have a particular target and I think she'll add some needed comic relief.   All the others have been so sincere in their interviews.  

I can't for the life of me figure out what is going on with Dan, unless he's spent the last ten years of his life reading his own press clippings.   Yes, he came in with a plan.  Did he never consider that he might want to have a Plan B in his back pocket?  

Furthermore, tonight he seemed panicked and shocked that people were accusing him of trying to stay under the radar.  Was he not present in episode 3, when people were making the same argument?  Very strange.   I think he can reset, but he doesn't have much time.  He clearly wants to sit and think about his next move, but he's got one night in a hotel room.  I hope that's enough. 

I may be wrong, but I tend to think they won't attempt to murder Bergie.  

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

This one episode a week nonsense is such a momentum killer. And I can't think of any good reason to bring back Kate, except that she was mildly entertaining in season 1. But you can't recreate that magic by dumping her, mid-game, in with this lifeless bunch.

I can't wait for Dan to get the heave-ho. Good grief, he sucks at this. 

• Like 10
33 minutes ago, MicheleinPhilly said:

I can't wait for Dan to get the heave-ho. Good grief, he sucks at this. 

Honestly, everyone is telling him what he's doing wrong and he can't pivot.  They are yelling in his face 'say something, give us a name' and he sits back and does nothing.  Deserved to go last night, sorry he didn't.

• Like 13
  • Applause 5
16 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

I never thought it would be The Bachelor and the guy from Love Island who would be the smartest players.

Right! I love a nice surprise lol.

I'm ready for Dan to go. He sucks at this and it's annoying that somehow the other idiots are just randomly deciding to banish someone else every week. 

I believe the traitors will murder Bergie based on the promo for the season that aired after episode 3. And I can't wait for that. It'll be funny to see Dan badly try to talk himself outta that one. Although, again, this group is stupid so he might be able to.

That's the problem with this show imo. The traitors honestly usually aren't even that good but they just have such an advantage that it doesn't even matter.

• Like 11
2 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I believe the traitors will murder Bergie based on the promo for the season that aired after episode 3.

Well, attempt to murder.  Bergie has a shield, right?  How does that work out?  Does everyone find out that the Traitors tried to murder Bergie the previous night?

• Like 2

Yea, that's why I'm assuming they murder Bergie because there was a clip in the promo with him being like, "I'm not supposed to be here."

I can't really remember how it works when someone with a shield gets murdered. I believe it has happened but I'm not sure if it was on the US version or not.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
26 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Yea, that's why I'm assuming they murder Bergie because there was a clip in the promo with him being like, "I'm not supposed to be here."

I can't really remember how it works when someone with a shield gets murdered. I believe it has happened but I'm not sure if it was on the US version or not.

I don't remember a lot about season 1, even though I watched relatively recently, so I don't remember if a traitor has tried to murder someone with a shield.

I'm interested to see what happens. I thought they had to reveal who got the shields, or that Alan usually reveals them anyway.

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

Not last night, the six people who were eligible to get the shields declined to say if they got them or not.

I understand that, but I meant before last night. Before this episode, I thought the people with shields had to be revealed.

• Like 1
Spoiler

In season 1, didn't they go into a separate room to pick a box to see if they got a shield? And then didn't the people who went in just not reveal to anyone if they had it and that made it so the traitors just never murdered anyone who went into the shield room?

I'm spoiling that because I'm not sure if that's how it worked on season 1 of this version or if it was either the UK and Australia version. I watched all 3 like one right after the other so I might have them mixed up.

• Like 6
2 minutes ago, AntFTW said:

I understand that, but I meant before last night. Before this episode, I thought the people with shields had to be revealed.

Gotcha, I misunderstood!

3 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I'm spoiling that because I'm not sure if that's how it worked on season 1 of this version or if it was either the UK and Australia version.

I watched all the versions too, and for the life of me, I can't recall.

• Like 1

@peachmangosteen That's what I remember too but like you, I can't remember which version it was. 

Regardless of whether Bergie gets successfully murdered or not, it's just another nail in Dan's coffin. You don't murder (or attempt to murder) someone who called you out at the roundtable. God, Dan is an idiot. I wish Parvati and Phaedra would just throw him under the bus. 

• Like 10
4 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:
  Hide contents

In season 1, didn't they go into a separate room to pick a box to see if they got a shield? And then didn't the people who went in just not reveal to anyone if they had it and that made it so the traitors just never murdered anyone who went into the shield room?

I'm spoiling that because I'm not sure if that's how it worked on season 1 of this version or if it was either the UK and Australia version. I watched all 3 like one right after the other so I might have them mixed up.

I remember the secret room, picking boxes and the shield. That happened in season 1 of the USA version. I don't remember what happened after that though.

USA is the only version I've watched so far, and I just started UK.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, sugarbaker design said:

I never thought it would be The Bachelor and the guy from Love Island who would be the smartest players.

And everyone has been taking Bergie for granted the whole time.   He was the only one who could read the map.   He figured out how to get into the walled garden (through the door, duh) so they could get the shields.  In the previous game, he figured out the pattern of lights.  He's like the anti-Ryan Lochte!

And Sandra sure got pissed once her name was brought up as a potential traitor!

Dan's toast if he doesn't name names ASAP.

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, meep.meep said:

And Sandra sure got pissed once her name was brought up as a potential traitor!

I think that was bad game play on Janelle's part. Her first and primary target is Dan. The person she suspects to be a traitor the most is Dan. She needs people to vote for Dan. I'm not sure what she thought she was accomplishing by naming anybody other than Dan. I felt that she should have known that naming CT and Sandra would lose their votes. Maybe she was panicking because the heat was on her.

Also, good on Parvati for catching that Pete was trying to suss them out. I don't watch Big Brother, but that kind of maneuver that Pete is pulling is common on Survivor. I guess we'll find out a whole entire fucking week from now if Dan listens to her.

1 hour ago, meep.meep said:

Dan's toast if he doesn't name names ASAP.

He's gonna sleep on it a little more. He's not done connecting all the strings.

charlie-always.gif

Edited by AntFTW
  • Like 10
  • LOL 7
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

Yes, that's how it worked in season 1. The same person kept getting the shield though, and when that person was recruited to be a traitor and they got the shield again, the traitors decided to murder someone from the shield group and it threw the rest of the faithfuls off. So as far as I remember, the traitors never actually tried to murder someone who had a shield and they didn't know. I'm just assuming that the person just walks into breakfast.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:
  Hide contents

Yes.  Arie kept getting the shield and there were times when people knew and times when they didn't.   He just never got targeted with the shield as a faithful and was a traitor the other times he got it.

36 minutes ago, AntFTW said:

Also, good on Parvati for catching that Pete was trying to suss them out. I don't watch Big Brother, but that kind of maneuver that Pete is pulling is common on Survivor. I guess we'll find out a whole entire fucking week from now to find out if Dan listens to her.

The funny thing about this is they only realized what Pete was doing because he sussed out two of the traitors who could compare notes.

But I think Pavrati is ready to sacrifice Dan.

• Like 5

Wish it had been Sandra eliminated, but Tamra going works just as well.  Speaking of Sandra, does she have a birthmark on her forehead?  Was that there during Survivor?

I know he’s gay, but Alan Cumming turns me the f on with each episode!  Swoon!!

With Janelle eliminated, isn’t the shield power gone for the week (Bergie/Trishelle)?

LOVED Kevin shutting down Kate, I didn’t watch Season 1 but she’s already rubbed me the wrong way.

Dan, you may have dodged a huge bullet but the target on your back is getting larger and larger….now he has to worry about not only Bergie, but Peter, C.T. and John are on to him now.

Finally, Janelle, go home to your successful realtor career and live your best life with the hubby and kids away from my screen!  UO, but I’ve never liked her on Big Brother or elsewhere….she has a crappy personality and is selfish as all get out.

• Like 2

Janelle was annoying as all get out, and I know why some people (CT, Sandra, Dan, Parvati, and Phaedra) voted for her.  But everyone else?  Why would the person who pissed off everyone else by selfishly going for shields be a traitor? As an act?

Since they did this bird call challenge, I guess we won't get a repeat of the church bells and music boxes one.  Which is too bad.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
(edited)

It pains me to say this as I loved Dan in Big Brother but he is TERRIBLE in this game. Clearly, he's adapted his style of game play to BB but it's almost appalling at how little he can pivot when placed in a different scenario. He deserves to be the first Traitor boot.

I also can't believe I'm rooting for Peter. I watched his flaming clusterfuck season of the Bachelor, and it's a refreshing surprise to see he's actually pretty astute and has pegged two of the three traitors.

Which brings to me Phaedra. Credit where credit is due, she is the only Traitor that doesn't seem to even remotely be on anyone's radar. Small blowup at Parvati aside, I think she's doing a great job. 

And for nostalgic reasons, I still love me some CT and am kinda rooting for his Jason Statham wannabe beret wearing ass. But bro, as a fellow Bostonian, CAN YOU FUCKING ENUNCIATE? 

Edited by Ivana Tinkle
  • Like 12
  • LOL 6
2 hours ago, Yogisbooboo64 said:

With Janelle eliminated, isn’t the shield power gone for the week (Bergie/Trishelle)?

I don’t think so. Why would Bergie and Trishelle lose their shields just because Janelle was voted out at the round table?

• Like 4
28 minutes ago, Ivana Tinkle said:

I also can't believe I'm rooting for Peter. I watched his flaming clusterfuck season of the Bachelor, and it's a refreshing surprise to see he's actually pretty astute and has pegged two of the three traitors.

Same here. I just hope his mom Barbara doesn’t show up.

29 minutes ago, Ivana Tinkle said:

Which brings to me Phaedra. Credit where credit is due, she is the only Traitor that doesn't seem to even remotely be on anyone's radar. Small blowup at Parvati aside, I think she's doing a great job. 

Janelle was banished and was still basically called the housewives stupid. Sheree is not bright at all, Larsa seemed more intelligent here then on RH of Miami, Tamra is evil smart and wily and Phaedra is really smart.

Janelle, wait until you find out Phaedra was a traitor and you had absolutely no clue. 😂

• Like 6
57 minutes ago, Michichick said:

I don’t think so. Why would Bergie and Trishelle lose their shields just because Janelle was voted out at the round table?

I thought once the round table ended then so did the shield protection.

(edited)
11 minutes ago, Yogisbooboo64 said:

My understanding is that it protects them from murder when the traitors decide until the next challenge.

Separately, speaking of the whole secret shield protection, is it safe to assume that if Ekin-Su had a secret shield, her poisoning would not have worked? Just wondering...

Edited by AntFTW
  • Like 3
6 hours ago, meep.meep said:

And everyone has been taking Bergie for granted the whole time.   He was the only one who could read the map.   He figured out how to get into the walled garden (through the door, duh) so they could get the shields.  In the previous game, he figured out the pattern of lights.  He's like the anti-Ryan Lochte!

Right! I thought it was funny he was the only person who could read a map since he's the youngest one and people always seem to assume young people can't read maps. I hope the other faithfuls start to take him more seriously now.

2 hours ago, Ivana Tinkle said:

And for nostalgic reasons, I still love me some CT and am kinda rooting for his Jason Statham wannabe beret wearing ass. But bro, as a fellow Bostonian, CAN YOU FUCKING ENUNCIATE? 

I am getting maybe like 5 words he says in every episode lol.

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

I say this as someone who has only really ever watched The Challenge (mostly because of the athletic competition aspect, to be clear) out of the reality tv realm; who has never watched an episode of Big Brother; watched the most recent season of Survivor (literally the first time I've ever watched even a single ep. of that franchise,etc. :

Dan's game on this show is utterly unimpressive in relation to the hype I've heard/seen about him on social media and among acquaintances who are familiar with him.  It seems to me he's done the bare minimum with the awesome amount of power traitors have in this game.  He's done nothing that anyone off the street couldn't have done, IMO.

I blame my gf's mom for insisting I watch this show.  I'm kinda hooked, in a weird way, but at the same time, not at all impressed?  How the hell does that work?  LOL

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 6
5 hours ago, Yogisbooboo64 said:

Wish it had been Sandra eliminated, but Tamra going works just as well.  Speaking of Sandra, does she have a birthmark on her forehead?  Was that there during Survivor?

Yea, I don't remember it either. I don't remember it in the first eps of this either so I figured maybe she somehow hit her head or something. Or maybe it was always there and I somehow never noticed it.

7 hours ago, MicheleinPhilly said:

God, Dan is an idiot. I wish Parvati and Phaedra would just throw him under the bus. 

I'm hoping that's coming next week. I have a feeling Dan is going to try to shove Phaedra under the bus at the roundtable so I hope Phaedra subsequently ruins him lol.

• Like 4
9 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Yea, I don't remember it either. I don't remember it in the first eps of this either so I figured maybe she somehow hit her head or something. Or maybe it was always there and I somehow never noticed it.

I think she might’ve hit her head. It’s not in any of her interviews talking about the show.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Yogisbooboo64 said:

No, it's definitely a shield that protects the holder from the Traitors.  That's why shield holders always exclaim 'I slept so well!' upon entering the breakfast room.

• Like 3

Sandra's injury popped up the night of the midnight graveyard challenge.  Maybe she fell and hit a gravestone.

If you freeze the frame in the previews on the next round table. You can tell who is gone.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
(edited)

I was not a fan of Kate’s in the slightest in Season 1 so I don’t like that Alan brought her back, fed her ego and her self-satisfaction with “I’m such a shit stirrer” — she was a brat and a Rachel-bully in Season 1.

But having said that, I did laugh and have to give Kate credit when she immediately said “why would anyone drink from a cup that Pavarti (spelling how Kate pronounced it like Havarti cheese!) had poured?”  How did everyone standing there not go HMMMM after Kate pointed that out about Ekin-Su’s poisoning?  

Edited by MerBearHou
  • Like 9
On 1/26/2024 at 9:43 AM, sugarbaker design said:

I've been wondering this entire time who is from The Bachelor because Phaedra says in the trailer "this is not The Bachelor..." to someone. I realize Google could have answered that but I didn't feel like it and said "I'll find out when I find out."

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

Hearing from people who were murdered/banished about things that we didn't see and just the things that are so obviously fake and misleading (like Larsa seeming to say 'I'm worried about you' to CT) make it clear the editing for this show is so bad. Like approaching Big Brother levels honestly. That's disappointing.

• Like 4

Jeebus what a clown show. 🤡

• Dan is an idiot.
  • The lower half of Parvati's face looks odd, like she had fillers removed.
  • They spelled Tamra's name wrong on the letter. 😄
  • Boiled eggs?
  • Yay. Ducklips McStewardess is back. 🦆
  • LOL 1

I guess it's an unpopular opinion, but I'm pissed Janelle is gone and thrilled Kate is back. She was the best part of Season 1 for me.

For those who haven't watched them, I highly recommend the UK and AUS versions.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1

Can the traitors murder Kate or is she safe for now since she's new?

Murdering Kate is the easiest murder. It doesn't even need to be explained other than that she's new to the game.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
5 hours ago, AntFTW said:

Can the traitors murder Kate or is she safe for now since she's new?

Murdering Kate is the easiest murder. It doesn't even need to be explained other than that she's new to the game.

They probably could murder her but they might not think it's in their best strategic interest.  Presumably, since she's new, she doesn't have built up suspicions towards anyone right now.  

• Like 2