Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E05: A Killer Move

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, Door County Cherry said:

They probably could murder her but they might not think it's in their best strategic interest.  Presumably, since she's new, she doesn't have built up suspicions towards anyone right now.  

Kate knew about about Parvati walking around with the "poison" chalice. She's not coming into the game completely uninformed. I suspect she's been shown footage of the roundtable discussions and other significant events. She probably has plenty of opinions although not necessarily correct ones.  

• Like 2

I didn't think Kate knew about the poisoned chalice. I believe she was referring to how Parvati asked if anyone wanted a drink right before the discussion that Ekin Su was murdered by poisoning. Kate was saying no one better take Parvati up on her offer there because you never know.

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
On 1/26/2024 at 10:06 AM, Door County Cherry said:

But I think Pavrati is ready to sacrifice Dan.

I think Parvati will sacrifice anyone if it gets her to the end. And that's why I love her.

• Like 5
(edited)

Janelle was on Bananas' podcast. She says that she had an inkling that Dan was a traitor when she talked with him after the first challenge at the lake. However, she was working with Dan at that point so she didn't really want him out so early even though she suspected he was a traitor. She thought the best move for her game early on was saving Dan.

Larsa had been trying to get Dan banished early on. It seems like Larsa almost whipped up the votes to do that, according to Janelle. Trishelle and Bergie looked to Janelle to see what she wanted to do. She wasn't willing to target Dan at that time. Afterwards, the tide started to shift toward Dan really hard. The people that Janelle was working were wanting to target Dan so she had to get on board with that, even though she was reluctant.

Also, apparently, Parvati is also sleeping on her thoughts and putting together some red strings, according to Janelle, because Parvati rarely talked game with people just like Dan. Parvati would linger in the background while people are in the room and say that she's just observing and not ready to give an opinion yet. It seems that the Housewives jumped down Parv's throat because she would just linger in the background and not offer an opinion of the game. Janelle says that Phaedra at least talks game about who might be a traitor, and that's why she didn't suspect Phaedra. Basically, Dan and Parvati were always willing to get information, but not give any. Phaedra would give info and reassure Janelle that she wasn't writing her name down.

Peter, Janelle, Trishelle and Bergie are all in an alliance. Janelle says they had already made the "secret shields" plan to trick the traitors and planned on Trishelle and Bergie going for the shields when they were initially paired. What we see in episode is Peter "retelling" it for the cameras when they get to the (bird calling station??... thing). Kevin and Sheree didn't really pick up on this plan, which terrified Janelle. There was a huge risk they wouldn't follow the plan not to reveal any information.

Janelle, initially, didn't want Peter to tell anyone the lie about the shields.  However, Peter really wants to spread this lie, then, Janelle told Peter to only tell Parvati this lie about who has the shields because they're pretty confident that Parvati is a traitor. Obviously, we see he tells Dan, Parvati and CT. Janelle was terrified that Peter was telling too many people.

Also, at the roundtable, she says she called out Dan and Parvati. We don't see that she called out Parvati in the episode. There was a blow-up between Parvati and Janelle because of that. Bergie also screams at Parvati calling her a traitor. Sandra, later on, chimes in because Sandra is upset that Janelle said to Sandra earlier that all the traitors remained in the castle during the challenge, and Sandra didn't like that. Sandra kept coming at Janelle hard with "there's no way a faithful would ever say the traitors are in the house" and "me, Dan and Parvati have always had your back." Having already suspected Dan and Parvati to be traitors, Janelle interprets that as Sandra including herself in with them and that's what prompts Janelle to name Sandra as a traitor. She says she names CT because she figures she's already going home so it seems like naming CT was just to cause a little chaos. She figures she wasn't getting CT, Parvati and Sandra to vote for Dan because they're working with Dan... so she tries to burn everything on her way out. Janelle throws Sandra and CT's out toward the end of the roundtable.

It sounds like this roundtable was really long (Janelle says it was 40 minutes) filled with nonstop arguing. I would pay to see all it with how Janelle makes it sound.

Peter told Janelle that Kevin and Sheree kept saying to people that Janelle poisoned Ekin-Su, so even before the roundtable she had some heat from those two. I assume that thought originated from Janelle and Ekin-Su's back-and-forth on their versions of events surrounding the shield in the graveyard challenge, which their whole "feud" stems from.

Sandra ran into a wall at the graveyard challenge and she got this scar on her forehead.

Lastly, before Parvati and Janelle had their blow up, Parvati tried to get Janelle to get votes on Kate. However, Alan says that Kate is safe from murder and banishment that night (which answers my prior question) so that plan went out the window.

Edited by AntFTW
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Useful 5

I don't watch Big Brother, so I don't know Dan at all, but holy shit, he is the worst traitor ever! How can he not see that hanging back and saying nothing IS NOT WORKING!??!? When every single person at the table is pressuring you to give something, ANYTHING, and you say nothing, it is ridiculously suspicious. I'm working on something? That is such a dumb thing to say in this game!

I love Kate, but I don't see why she was brought back. It reminds me of when a new person joins The Circle - too much has already happened and the new person is at a disadvantage. It would have been more interesting if she had been made a traitor. And useful seeing as Dan's days are limited. I hope Phaedra and Parvati turn on him. I truly hope Bergie has the shield and shows up for breakfast. I can't wait to see Dan's face.

• Like 7
4 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

For fuck's sake, they are leaving all the good stuff (and some important stuff) on the cutting room floor.

YES! Jeez, I've been yelling at the TV "HOW IS NOBODY MENTIONING PARVATI AS A TRAITOR YOU IDIOTS?!?" but apparently they all are and the editors just aren't showing it. That's really frustrating!

• Like 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, Ilovepie said:

I love Kate, but I don't see why she was brought back

Didn't they bring in people mid-season last year too, or was that only on the UK version?  I'm guessing they did it to help the faithful both with strategy and with an extra body. 

If so many people suspect Parvati, why is she never mentioned in the roundtable? Unfortunately, most of them can't seem to get out of their own way, letting petty grievances and slights sway voting. They were so close to getting Dan, then Janelle blew it by fighting with Sandra.

The missions are the most enjoyable aspect of this show yet I feel like they've been minimized this season, at least in editing.

Edited by snarts
  • Like 6
12 minutes ago, Carolina Girl said:

I think I'm the only one in the world who isn't on the Kate Chasten is awesome bandwagon.  Never liked her.

I didn’t know she was as popular as she was for her antics on season one, at least popular enough to be invited back this season. I barely remember her from season one.

• Like 2