Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E12: Something's Fishy

• Start Topic

With Decision Day less than four weeks away, the couples work to navigate the uncharted waters of their new lives together. And while some are left broken hearted, a new journey, and a second chance at love, are beginning for another.

Airs Wednesday January 10 at 8:00PM EST.

• Like 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, Emma Snyder said:

awww nice to hear @Elizzikra, they need homes too!

I am old and I like old dogs. :)

I actually found AfterParty to be pretty interesting tonight. Brennan definitely has a different side to the story and while I still find him completely closed off, I did feel like I learned something this week. I hate it when a cast member I don't like proves me wrong about another cast member. I know that's small of me, but it's true. And Brennan did that tonight.

Oh - and could the ladies please knock it off the pink on AfterParty. I know Barbie was a thing and all but there are other colors.

Edited by Elizzikra
  • Like 7
  • Love 1

LOL Pepper sitting down with that weird couple, she was more checked out than they were, she looked like she was talking to a couple of aliens from another planet.  I think she knows they're just done.  I don't even know their names so shows how checked out I am too

• Like 5
  • Applause 1

Will we be going on another honeymoon 💘

6 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I am old and I like old dogs. :)

I actually found AfterParty to be pretty interesting tonight. Brennan definitely has a different side to the story and while I still find him completely closed off, I did feel like I learned something this week. I hate it when a cast member I don't like proves me wrong about another cast member. I know that's small of me, but it's true. And Brennan did that tonight.

Could you say why as some of us don't get that show.  

• Like 4

I think men have a hard time talking about their relationships all the time. I will be married 29 years in April and I don’t think we have ever had endless conversations about our feelings on every aspect of the relationship. These people don’t know each other enough to really answer these questions. Emily pushes too hard and Brennan is really closed off. Becca doesn’t push as much but Austin is also closed off. None of these marriages will make it and I would really like to know why these guys shut down so fast and so completely. Austin is going through the motions but he doesn’t have romantic feelings for Becca. Don’t know what is going on with Cameron and the heart problems.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

I think men have a hard time talking about their relationships all the time. I will be married 29 years in April and I don’t think we have ever had endless conversations about our feelings on every aspect of the relationship. These people don’t know each other enough to really answer these questions. Emily pushes too hard and Brennan is really closed off. Becca doesn’t push as much but Austin is also closed off. None of these marriages will make it and I would really like to know why these guys shut down so fast and so completely. Austin is going through the motions but he doesn’t have romantic feelings for Becca. Don’t know what is going on with Cameron and the heart problems.

Brennan and Austin "shut down so fast and so completely" because they knew immediately that their brides didn't and were never going to, how shall I put this, stir their loins.  

The hot tub scene was painful to watch. Brennan wanted to be anywhere else. He will not touch or even smile at Emily. 

Apparently Austin has decided to play his part with a bit more energy, including putting his arm around Becca. But he's phony, too. 

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Like 11
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1

Cameron, if you have heart problems, they didn't appear just during the four weeks of the show. You had problems before.  Maybe the show exacerbated it and made you realize you had heart problems, but don't blame the show (and listening to him I kinda tuned him out after he kept talking about keeping his pulse below 140, so maybe I just took it that he was saying it was the show).  

Brennan is so shut down and then during the Aftershow, he was upset that Emily didn't ask about his relationship with his sister.  Brennan, you weren't answering most of the questions to begin with.  Emily, run now, before Decision Day.  No one deserves to be treated the way Brennan is treating you.  

• Like 8
(edited)
7 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

Men are visual.  If they don’t like what they see from the beginning, the girls are toast.  I’m married over fifty years.  My husband will literally run away when I want to have a conversation about something that will make him uncomfortable.  Brennen saw or heard something about Emily that was distasteful and did a 180 from the beginning.  Plus, I really think he would prefer a woman the same religion as his and his parents.  I didn’t even watch the After Party.  More bullshit.  I think the “Experts” know they screw up with the picking.  They look disgusted.

I’m no expert,but I think Cameron might have that A-Fib going on.  Maybe a pacemaker to regulate the heartbeat?  Maybe.

Edited by kristen111
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1

I don’t like the match they chose for Michael; she comes across as really rehearsed. I don’t like that they apparently didn’t tell her that Michael was jilted.

Emily keeps saying “he liked me before.” Friend: he doesn’t like you now. I’m sorry. The more he gets to know you, the more he realizes he doesn’t like you. It happens that way sometimes. He’s not going to boomerang back. Really, if there’s no physical attraction for any of them at this point, when they live together and share a bed, there’s not going to be.

49 minutes ago, Lisa418722 said:

he kept talking about keeping his pulse below 140

If Cameron’s resting heart rate is 140, that is really high. I’m not a cardiologist but my heart rate is that high during cardio exercise - if his is 140 just sitting around, that seems like cause for great concern.

8 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

I would really like to know why these guys shut down so fast and so completely

Sometimes you just get the ick. I got the ick when I mentioned one of my heroes and my date didn’t ask who it was - my date said something and I said “oh, one of my heroes says that,” and he didn’t ask any follow-up questions, he just said “okay” and turned the subject back to himself.

I think with both Brennan and Austin, I think it’s as simple as them getting to know these women and realizing that they’re just not it for them. Brennan couldn’t come up with five things he likes about Emily.

• Like 3
  • Love 3

Oh, get this guy Brennen off camera.  He is impossible.  The scene in the pool with the questions.  He didn’t want to be there at all.  Get him off.  He can barely look at Emily.  He looks angry all the time.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1

Did anyone hear what Brennan said on the After Party show? I wasn’t sure if we could talk about it here so I posted it on spoilers but I saw other people talking about after party so-he said Emily got drunk and tried to rip down the shower curtain to get in the shower with him and then almost smothered him climbing on him in bed. If this is true and she doesn’t remember it, she has a problem and I don’t blame him one bit for not wanting a relationship with her.

• Like 7
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, Lisa418722 said:

Cameron, if you have heart problems, they didn't appear just during the four weeks of the show. You had problems before.  Maybe the show exacerbated it and made you realize you had heart problems, but don't blame the show (and listening to him I kinda tuned him out after he kept talking about keeping his pulse below 140, so maybe I just took it that he was saying it was the show).  

Brennan is so shut down and then during the Aftershow, he was upset that Emily didn't ask about his relationship with his sister.  Brennan, you weren't answering most of the questions to begin with.  Emily, run now, before Decision Day.  No one deserves to be treated the way Brennan is treating you.  

well, Cameron DID offer that this experience probably did just aggravate the heart problem, so he wasn't just blaming Clare.  and she still sounds really cold and unsympathetic toward him, despite the (fake) tears

Brennan revealed something very important to Emily and she did not react sympathetically or caring, so i'd be upset too.  and she seems to mock him in a hurtful way too.  i don't like him, but i don't like her either.  i think her behavior off-screen is probably a lot different than how she tries to portray herself.

i think i will like Chloe but spending time on all the pre-wedding stuff when there are only 3 weeks left was unnecessary, in my opinion.  i would have liked to have just seen the wedding and maybe it could have just been a few people on a mountaintop like she wanted.

• Like 4
  • Love 2
(edited)

They explained why they didn't tell Chloe why her match had been stood up. I wonder. Didn't they already reject her? So how'd they come back around weeks later??? What'd they say???? How will they explain no group bachelorette party or honeymoon? Are they going to join the group when they return from the honeymoon? I guess he's going to tell her what happened, unless he was asked not to. At least until a certain time. If she knew, it could take away from her excitement. Knowing he'd kinda did it already. Since they showed the Asian chick, I guess is the yoga girl was his 1st match. 

😬

Edited by Lindz
  • Like 3

Dinner with the parents. I don't recall that happening before, at least not for a while. It went better than expected. His mother seems to have warmed up & she likes her mother being into history. The servers served...weird. Reaching in between them, right by Becca's neck. Um. Too close!!! 😬

• Like 2

The Emily/Brennan situation is so weird. She was giving Miss Piggy vibes big time last night. And what's with the chewing on her mouth constantly? She needs to get that under control. There were so many missed opportunities for conversation with the fishbowl questions. Why weren't they talking more? Wasn't that the point of the questions? No fan of Brennan, but she was overly harsh with him about wanting to get out of the hot tub. I'm ready to pass out after 5 minutes!! Everyone's hating on him, which is mostly warranted, but she's no prize either. 

Becca and Austin are dead in the water and Chloe is in for a world of disappointment. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
(edited)
12 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

I totally agree a lot men are just closed off verbally to a lot of talk about feelings but in this current day and age and considering the situation you would expect them to be a bit more open to that idea and want to get to know their stranger spouse.  But who knows, maybe they thought they were or just didn't think verbal communication would come up?  And what about sex, have any had that yet or do they even think they might.  I think you're probably right about Austin & Becca yet they seem so close and compatible but there's a lot they aren't showing us I guess..... even his parents seem excited for their relationship.  Maybe Cameron has an anxiety issue, I hope he's OK, he's the only person I kind of like this season, and Becca I think.  The new bride seems to be going into this with some rose coloured glasses mmmmmn....

Edited by endure
  • Like 2
(edited)
9 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Brennan and Austin "shut down so fast and so completely" because they knew immediately that their brides didn't and were never going to, how shall I put this, stir their loins.  

The hot tub scene was painful to watch. Brennan wanted to be anywhere else. He will not touch or even smile at Emily. 

Apparently Austin has decided to play his part with a bit more energy, including putting his arm around Becca. But he's phony, too. 

Brennan is just uncomfortably detached and awkward but I can see why he was matched with Emily, she is a bit too, but at least she is a little more penetrable emotionally than he is. I find it painful to watch them.

Could Austin be gay, I just don't get his guise?

Edited by endure
  • Like 2

I saw most of it and I realize why the show HAD to have Michael come back. They are down to two boring couples who have no chemistry. But, I am already bored with Chloe. She seems nice and normal and therefore, nothing interesting. I am still not sure about Michael, but he certainly isn't anyone I would be attracted to.  Did they say where they are in the timeline and if they will have the same D-Day as the others? Do they get a honeymoon?

I really want Clare and her phony tears to go away. She has no feelings for Cam, but just doesn't want to be seen as the villain. Too late.

If Emily really did what was stated above, and I tend to believe that, then the only issue I have is that Brennan hasn't called it quits. She needs to try to retain some dignity, which is kind of too late, and let it go.

I don't know why Austin is still putting his arm around Becca, etc., but he needs to stop so she isn't completely blindsided.

• Like 2
  • Applause 4
(edited)
7 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

Did anyone hear what Brennan said on the After Party show? I wasn’t sure if we could talk about it here so I posted it on spoilers but I saw other people talking about after party so-he said Emily got drunk and tried to rip down the shower curtain to get in the shower with him and then almost smothered him climbing on him in bed. If this is true and she doesn’t remember it, she has a problem and I don’t blame him one bit for not wanting a relationship with her.

Thanks ~ LOL that sounds hilarious and if she was drunk and acted out of character he should get over it, unless she actually abused or raped him that is!  Also if her behaviour upset him so much he should communicate that to her and just end it, what he is doing to her since is far worse.  He doesn't need to finally open up on a TV show and discredit her..... now I like him even less than I already did.

edited to add I don't even stand behind my own comment because honestly I don't know what to think about this couple or know what their issues are, the show in my opinion is not showing us enough to make any sense of them.

Edited by endure
  • Like 2

Oh, now Brennan decides he wants to be friends with Emily, half way through the show???

Now is the time for Emily to calmly walk way. Feel empowered that she ended it. 

Trust us, Brennan is not saying "yes" on decision day!!

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
(edited)
56 minutes ago, endure said:

Thanks ~ LOL that sounds hilarious and if she was drunk and acted out of character he should get over it,

The problem is, this is NOT out of character. Brennan has stated that her drunken party behavior, even with him, is a real turn-off.  She has stated how she likes to party, and he did make a comment on the Afterparty that he didn't like it, so I do believe she did that. I do hope he was able to fend her off. 

I do agree that he should end it. NOW. I am sure the show knows about it and they are probably begging him not to quit now because then no one would make it to D Day, which, would actually be a first. And, hopefully, a last.

Edited by Retired at last
  • Like 1
  • Applause 5
57 minutes ago, endure said:

Thanks ~ LOL that sounds hilarious and if she was drunk and acted out of character he should get over it

3 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

The problem is, this is NOT out of character. Brennan has stated that her drunken party behavior, even with him, is a real turn-off.  She has stated how she likes to party, and he did make a comment on the Afterparty that he didn't like it, so I do believe she did that. I do hope he was able to fend her off. 

Exactly. I suspect that she acts like that a lot and I don’t think it sounds hilarious, it sounds annoying to me. She was twerking on walls at the bachelorette and he described the honeymoon as draining. I wouldn’t want a guy who acts like that, and there’s nothing about Brennan’s comportment that says he’d want someone like that either.

• Like 3
  • Applause 3

If this was a guy doing that to a woman we would say it’s abusive and she should get out of there so I don’t think I would find it funny . I got over finding drunk people hilarious a long time ago and Brennan has the right to say no just like Emily does.

• Like 4
  • Applause 9
10 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

I do agree that he should end it. NOW. I am sure the show knows about it and they are probably begging him not to quit now because then no one would make it to D Day, which, would actually be a first. And, hopefully, a last.

I don't doubt she did that and yes they def need to end it, they are both so obviously done and so is the show -  IT really needs to end, this is ridiculous.  We were aware what she was like in the beginning so they continually edit what really goes on and more and more we can see how they do that.  I won't be be back for another season if there is one.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Could you say why as some of us don't get that show.  

Yep - it was the incident that several others have noted above. After the group dinner, Brennan and Emily went home and had friends over. Brennan said that Emily drank so much she couldn't remember what had happened the next day. Just as well since she evidently ripped the shower curtain down trying to get to Brennan while he was in the shower, and then she "smothered" him in bed (passed out on top of him). 

I was trying to give Emily the benefit of the doubt about having a drinking problem because I do think some people just drink somewhat heavily as part of their socializing, but it doesn't make them alcoholics. And I don't know that Emily is, but this is the second time that Brennan has mentioned drunken antics that really bothered him and honestly, Emily sounds like she is a pain in the ass when she is drunk. Blackout drinking is no small matter either. I do with that Brennan would just TELL Emily that at least part of his problem with her is her drinking and how she behaves when she has been drinking. Skirting around the issue doesn't help them at all. 

I've never particularly liked either one of them or thought they were a good match and this just sort of sealed the deal. But if Emily is wondering why the men she has dated have seemed put off by her, it would seem that Brennan could share this information with her (kindly) and give her something concrete to work with.

• Like 10
  • Useful 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, cinsays said:

well, Cameron DID offer that this experience probably did just aggravate the heart problem, so he wasn't just blaming Clare.  and she still sounds really cold and unsympathetic toward him, despite the (fake) tears

Brennan revealed something very important to Emily and she did not react sympathetically or caring, so i'd be upset too.  and she seems to mock him in a hurtful way too.  i don't like him, but i don't like her either.  i think her behavior off-screen is probably a lot different than how she tries to portray herself.

i think i will like Chloe but spending time on all the pre-wedding stuff when there are only 3 weeks left was unnecessary, in my opinion.  i would have liked to have just seen the wedding and maybe it could have just been a few people on a mountaintop like she wanted.

There’s a reason Emily can’t hold a man.  Maybe a raging alcoholic?  Scary.  He’s been looking so disgusted and can barely look at her.  He should have told the experts what she’s been doing.

Edited by kristen111
  • Like 3
  • Applause 3
1 hour ago, Elizzikra said:

Yep - it was the incident that several others have noted above. After the group dinner, Brennan and Emily went home and had friends over. Brennan said that Emily drank so much she couldn't remember what had happened the next day. Just as well since she evidently ripped the shower curtain down trying to get to Brennan while he was in the shower, and then she "smothered" him in bed (passed out on top of him). 

I was trying to give Emily the benefit of the doubt about having a drinking problem because I do think some people just drink somewhat heavily as part of their socializing, but it doesn't make them alcoholics. And I don't know that Emily is, but this is the second time that Brennan has mentioned drunken antics that really bothered him and honestly, Emily sounds like she is a pain in the ass when she is drunk. Blackout drinking is no small matter either. I do with that Brennan would just TELL Emily that at least part of his problem with her is her drinking and how she behaves when she has been drinking. Skirting around the issue doesn't help them at all. 

I've never particularly liked either one of them or thought they were a good match and this just sort of sealed the deal. But if Emily is wondering why the men she has dated have seemed put off by her, it would seem that Brennan could share this information with her (kindly) and give her something concrete to work with.

but he's told her he doesn't like her heavy drinking and the resulting behavior!  what more does he have to say? this isn't the kind of woman he wants

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
2 hours ago, endure said:

I don't doubt she did that and yes they def need to end it, they are both so obviously done and so is the show -  IT really needs to end, this is ridiculous.  We were aware what she was like in the beginning so they continually edit what really goes on and more and more we can see how they do that.  I won't be be back for another season if there is one.

Production probably offered more money to Brennon, should he stay until the end.  Not only is he disgusted, he’s probably scared she will do something stupid.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Elizzikra said:

I'm can't imagine the he or someone in her past has not told her that her party girl ways are a turn off.    I think he didn't want to go into it on camera with the experts because he thought it would embarrass her, but I do think/hope he told her off camera.  

This is the outcome many of us predicted as soon as she said that she was in her late 20s and had never been on a serious relationship (I think she said she's never had a 2nd date even) and was constantly ghosted.    I think Emily knows why this happens, she just isn't interested in changing.    

The dating world is horrid.... but not that horrid.   Generally attractive, social, and stable women can find someone to date more than twice.   

• Like 9
3 hours ago, endure said:

I'm leaving this show too after it ends! Irreconcilable differences- no request for spousal support.  It's not me- IT'S YOU, MAFS! 😭😤😄🙌💯 BLOCK and DELETE FROM DVR--- after Decision Day! 😅

• Applause 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, After7Only said:

I'm can't imagine the he or someone in her past has not told her that her party girl ways are a turn off.    I think he didn't want to go into it on camera with the experts because he thought it would embarrass her, but I do think/hope he told her off camera.  

This is the outcome many of us predicted as soon as she said that she was in her late 20s and had never been on a serious relationship (I think she said she's never had a 2nd date even) and was constantly ghosted.    I think Emily knows why this happens, she just isn't interested in changing.    

The dating world is horrid.... but not that horrid.   Generally attractive, social, and stable women can find someone to date more than twice.   

What is horrible too is the show giving him such a poor edit if this IS the real issue..... it would be unfair to him.  The show titled 'Somethings Fishy' maybe has more meaning than expected for the viewers than intended? IMO their dynamic has been very confusing.  I just don't know what to even think anymore.

• Like 4

Austin might not be into Becca, but he's no prize.  Dude needs to clean himself up.  Get rid of that scruffy beard and stop wearing that stupid cap.

He'd better not commit a crime because it would be easy for someone to identify him:  white dude with scruffy beard, wearing a backwards baseball cap, and looks like he needs a shower.  Busted!

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
3 hours ago, cinsays said:

but he's told her he doesn't like her heavy drinking and the resulting behavior!  what more does he have to say? this isn't the kind of woman he wants

He's said it on after party before but I don't remember him ever saying it to her. On the honeymoon he told her that she probably drinks more than him but that's not really the problem.

So for example, the situation as was presented to us is that they have people over for drinks, Emily gets blackout drunk and doesn't remember her behavior. The next morning, Brennan texts her and says "I'm not coming back today because of your crazy behavior last night." A more helpful thing for him to say is "You got blackout drunk and ripped down the shower curtain trying to get to me while I was in there. Then you passed out on top of me. That really bothers me." Every time she asks about his hesitation in the relationship and he defaults to "we're taking it day by day" or some vague response, he needs to tell her specifically. He's really a pretty lousy communicator.

Same with the hot tub. They were both assholes for that activity, I thought. But if Brennan really wanted to try, he could tell her "look, I just shared a tough thing about my relationship with my sister and you don't seem interested. That was hurtful." Instead he says "I'm gonna faint in this hot water and maybe you can just reel off this stuff but I can't." I think he is way too concerned with how he is coming across onscreen.

Austin might not be into Becca, but he's no prize.  Dude needs to clean himself up.  Get rid of that scruffy beard and stop wearing that stupid cap.

I like Austin but I'm sick of the caps too. And he always seems stoned to me.

• Like 8
47 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

He's said it on after party before but I don't remember him ever saying it to her. On the honeymoon he told her that she probably drinks more than him but that's not really the problem.

But we don't know what he said to her in private.  Emily might be acting like she doesn't know what's up with Brennan, but maybe she does and is playing "innocent" for the cameras.

• Like 4
8 hours ago, endure said:

Could Austin be gay, I just don't get his guise?

I dont think he’s gay, but I wonder if he's asexual. (I said this previously in jest, but I'm starting to wonder if it's so. 🤷🏻‍♀️)

I found it hilarious that Austin's friends got a free photoshoot, and Emily didn't take one single photo of them. She ain't giving her services out for free!

Can someone remind me what Austin's job is.

7 hours ago, endure said:

Thanks ~ LOL that sounds hilarious and if she was drunk and acted out of character he should get over it, unless she actually abused or raped him that is!  Also if her behaviour upset him so much he should communicate that to her and just end it, what he is doing to her since is far worse.  He doesn't need to finally open up on a TV show and discredit her..... now I like him even less than I already did.

I actually do believe there is some truth to his story, but i wonder where is the "hidden camera" footage? In previous seasons we have been shown a lot of video footage of conflicts between couples from installed cameras.

• Like 3

1st Cam talked about his Dad basically having heart problens since his divorce. Is he trying to say he's experiencing something similar now? Like he wants to sound pitiful like his Dad? Play victim? I don't understand the point of saying the stress might've contributed to his heart condition. Victimhood is not the way.

• Like 1
(edited)

I would love for them to take one episode and do the wedding, honeymoon and catch up to now for Michael and Chloe.. Just focus on them and get it done so we can go on like normal. 

Question for you guys.  Would you really want to know if the guy you were about to be married to was jilted at the altar? It was no fault of his. 

I feel like that would color your feelings towards your new husband. I think they are doing the right thing in not telling her yet. Tell her after the deed is done so she doesn't get judgy in her perfectionist personality. 

Edited by Jodyj
added words
  • Like 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, Blissfool said:

I dont think he’s gay, but I wonder if he's asexual. (I said this previously in jest, but I'm starting to wonder if it's so. 🤷🏻‍♀️)

I found it hilarious that Austin's friends got a free photoshoot, and Emily didn't take one single photo of them. She ain't giving her services out for free!

Can someone remind me what Austin's job is.

I actually do believe there is some truth to his story, but i wonder where is the "hidden camera" footage? In previous seasons we have been shown a lot of video footage of conflicts between couples from installed cameras.

I actually did  think there is truth his comments despite what I originally posted (I never doubted it) and 'now' I think he is possibly getting an unfair edit on the show.  I'm very uncertain what is going on there at this point,  I don't doubt she likes to drink and party from we what saw early on before she got married.

OMG Austin's friends little boy was adorable in the photo's.  She did supervise, let him use her equipment and space.... maybe he wanted to do it.  the photo's were great what we saw.🩵   

Edited by endure
  • Like 2

At this rate they might as well give Lauren a second chance, too. I guess that’s the risk they take with reality TV, but this is spectacularly awful. How are they going to make this show last another month? I feel like they might as well start knocking on the doors of the other apartments—got anything worth filming going on over here? 

• Like 1
  • LOL 10
1 hour ago, Lindz said:

1st Cam talked about his Dad basically having heart problens since his divorce. Is he trying to say he's experiencing something similar now? Like he wants to sound pitiful like his Dad? Play victim? I don't understand the point of saying the stress might've contributed to his heart condition. Victimhood is not the way.

I think stress can exacerbate any heart condition - probably any health condition really. But I'd be surprised if Cameron's heart condition was actually caused by the stress of MAFS alone. Did he name the condition or just say "heart condition?"

I’m no expert,but I think Cameron might have that A-Fib going on.  Maybe a pacemaker to regulate the heartbeat?  Maybe.

My mom has Afib. They tried to get her back to regular sinus rhythm with medication but it didn't work and she didn't like the side effects. They then did a cardioversion, which is an outpatient procedure that shocks the heart back to regular sinus rhythm. That worked for about two years. Now she is back in Afib and they are trying the medication again and considering if they need to do another cardioversion or a different procedure called an ablation, which kills some of heart cells that are sending the signals for the wrong rhythm.

My mom says she can feel it when she is Afib. Your heart rate is much faster and she says it just feels different, though it's not painful. The medication they give her to try to convert the rhythm really messes up her taste for food and her appetite, which isn't great for her because she is petite to start. It also complicates the medication she takes to keep blood clots from forming and prevents strokes. So it's a pain in the ass. 

In her case, the condition wasn't caused by stress, though stress can make it worse. It was caused by a childhood case of rheumatic fever and then as she aged. I don't think stress alone usually causes afib but it can be a factor.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
(edited)
11 hours ago, sauce62 said:

The Emily/Brennan situation is so weird. She was giving Miss Piggy vibes big time last night. And what's with the chewing on her mouth constantly? She needs to get that under control. There were so many missed opportunities for conversation with the fishbowl questions. Why weren't they talking more? Wasn't that the point of the questions? No fan of Brennan, but she was overly harsh with him about wanting to get out of the hot tub. I'm ready to pass out after 5 minutes!! Everyone's hating on him, which is mostly warranted, but she's no prize either. 

You absolutely nailed what was bugging me the most about that excruciating hot tub scene.  The point of the questions is to open up and start conversing! not just to take turns like robots!! Emily showed no empathy, she was completely self-absorbed, and I don't think she was interested in getting to know him at all.   He was seething with rage after a while, but I don't blame him.  She started out pissed off and stayed that way.

I thought it was hilarious when Becca and Austin's mom bonded over their shared Connecticut lineage.  Could things have gotten any WASPier, and for a Jewish girl no less?

Edited by Alexander Pope
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
23 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

I wish men would not be talked about as we are some monoloith. Whether it be how men express emotions or us being visual creatures, etc etc. Also, ignoring how many women will cancel a man out three seconds after seeing them. People are people. Some people are more closed off than others. Its more about them as a person. Gender is irrelevant. I know a lot of time, we are talking in general terms not every person of a gender but its not applicable.

These dudes are just boring and there isn't much THERE there. Even if they were into their matches, I doubt they would be very interesting.

• Like 9
5 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

But if Brennan really wanted to try, he could tell her "look, I just shared a tough thing about my relationship with my sister and you don't seem interested. That was hurtful." Instead he says "I'm gonna faint in this hot water and maybe you can just reel off this stuff but I can't." I think he is way too concerned with how he is coming across onscreen.

Key point being: HE DOESN'T CARE! 🤣 Neither of them do. Emily was really over it in the hot tub & it showed. The way she speaks to him only adds more nails to the coffin, so I hope she doesn't really think they'll be together. Yes. He was totally BSing about "feeling faint" & she wasn't playing into that because she's sick of him. He didn't assert wanting a break so she went right into the next question. If she cared, she might've listened to him. Then they complained to the cameras. Rinse. Repeat. Then he complained to her that she didn't have his back & she said he didn't have hers. Stalemate. I feel like I've seen all 4 horseman of the apocalypse with them & it ain't pretty.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

Emily has already told us the answer; she just needs to face it.  Maybe after watching the show one of her friends or family will clue her in.

She told us during the interview process that she loves going out and getting drunk with her friends.  Although that was not caught by our "experts", I consider it Red Flag #1.

They started out the honeymoon seeming okay, then there was a LOT of drinking, she fell out of the shower and hurt her wrist (because she was drunk); supposedly she told him that she liked going out, drinking and having one night stands, which did not impress him, and then she told us herself that they were drunk, making out, she was pressuring him for sex, and after that he changed.  I think we all can see the issue.

IMO she thinks in her mind that they "had something" that they are working back to because he was into her for the first couple days of the honeymoon, when it's normal to drink and party too much.  He, on the other hand, is calling for a "friend" period, trying to keep her from jumping in the shower on him when she is drunk.  I'll admit I spent the entire episode wishing she'd dump his nasty ass, but when he told that story on Afterparty I believed him.

So back to the problems with this show:  I guess they take the cameras out at some point in the evening - it's not just that we didn't see her all drunk and tearing down the shower curtain, but we didn't even know they had friends over after the dinner where she stomped out and Clare comforted her - to us it seemed like Brennan mentioning "crazy times last night" meant her tantrum in the restaurant.  They have met with Doctors Pepper and Pia and have they mentioned none of this to either of them?  Or did they have big conversations that we're not privy too?  This inquiring mind wants to know!

• Like 7
(edited)

Did Austin say that his first professional job was at that restaurant...where he was a server and a valet for seven years?

Edited by Blissfool
  • Like 2

As far as Brennan and Emily are concerned I don't like either of them.  And I don't believe one word out of either of their mouths.  Brennan is always worried about how he looks on camera but doesn't he realize he's making himself look worse if he's not addressing the 800 pound gorilla in the room?  If not for him saying what he did on the Afterparty he looks like a selfish jerk.   If Emily is really getting shit faced drunk and acting the way he said she was he needs to find a way to address it, but he is not up to that task and doesn't care enough to anyway.  I don't know why he agreed to continue with her.  The show must have begged them to continue because they were down too many couples.  But it's painful to watch if he says he'll do it and then won't.  But I don't even trust anything these people say about each other.  I don't trust Cam and Clare either.  They are all trying to look good on camera and exaggerating the other person's behavior and faults to look better.

Becca told Austin's mother that she was originally from West Hartford, CT.  I live in a town right next to it, only a couple of miles away and I go there a lot.  It has a pretty nice Jewish community.  I was confused when Austin's mother said that maybe they had ancestry in common because of being from CT - is his mom Jewish or part Jewish?  Or is one of Becca's parents not Jewish?

The spouse of one of my good friends just found out they have Afib and that's what it sounds like Cam has, but I agree with what was said above that no way was it caused by the stress of the show.  It can be exacerbated by stress but it would have happened anyway at some point.  I didn't really like that he insinuated that it was the show's fault because I think that was his veiled way of blaming Clare.  I don't really like Clare but it's only going to make her feel more guilty for what happened, although I suspect that was his intention.  I sense a bit of a mean streak in Cam and I think that's why he made that comment in front of Clare's friends about his father being on his deathbed when the truth is that he has a chronic disease and is not dying.  I think he was intentionally saying something provocative to tweak them and spite Clare.

Also I just can't believe that Dr. Pepper is advocating not telling Chloe about Michael being left at the altar.  Is that really the right way to start a relationship/marriage, with a secret?  LOL, I just can't get over a THERAPIST advocating that!  What kind of explanation did they give her for getting married so long after everyone else?  Did they lie to her?  And what do they expect him to do, hide it from her after they get married or is that something they're leaving him to do by himself?  That's the kind of thing I think should be disclosed up front before she meets him, but what do I know?  I'm just not living in some wackadoodle Dr. Pepper world so I can't figure it out.  Chloe going on about putting her trust in the experts - does she even know ONE thing about this train wreck show?  To the average viewer who knows the horrible track record of this show she looks ridiculous for going on so much about that.  I think she is one of those people that is up for any kind of adventure even if it doesn't work out for the long haul so maybe that will help if that relationship is yet another abysmal failure, which statistically speaking it most likely will be.

• Like 4